Author Topic: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper  (Read 149290 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper
« Reply #2650 on: May 27, 2016, 03:20:47 PM »
Welp, back to the waiting and farming game. Rebuilding my Holy and Dark orb stack up after honing Saint Cross, Dark Zone and Memento Mori will take a while, but I can deal. At least it'll be a while until I have to dip into those orbs again - and hey, it's not like I was anywhere close to R3'ing Bahamut.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: May 28, 2016, 04:06:14 AM »
Welp, damn ye black heart, FF9, for I failed to resist and dropped a 50-mythril pull on banner 2 in spite of having two weapons I didn't want at all. End result: ANOTHER Golem's Flute (exactly the one I didn't want)... and Kuja's Gloves. That one was my second-most wanted relic on the banner and it suddenly justifies Memento Mori and Dark Zone honing with a vengeance. Yeah, worth it for sure and I still have 75 Mythril handy. I'll likely have 200 for the next celebration, too, so I can't be too mad.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: May 28, 2016, 11:48:55 AM »
You're making me want to do the same, as does that guy on Reddit who got 6 5* in one pull, and every single item was a different relic (I think the only item he didn't get was Kuja's Glove.)
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: May 28, 2016, 12:06:45 PM »
U++ Boss down, first try. Ramza/Beatrix/Basch/Shitbrat/Penelo, Shout RW.  No SG was a bit annoying and Bea almost ate it at the end because of her draw fire skill, but Physical and Magical Blink made up for it, as did Ramza's BSB.

Also tried the FF2 fragment dungeon but the Soul Fire absorbs holy so I'll just do that tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 12:08:25 PM by Makkotah »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: May 29, 2016, 04:00:58 AM »
I decided to crack down and throw some more gems/mithril at the Kuja Banner 2.  Was getting crap, crap crap crap, I'll do one more 3 pull...oooh! 2 Sparkly Rainbows, it's probably just two Ice Staffs or *Kuja's Glove* *Ragnarok*

...or, you know, two things I legitimately wanted, huzzah!
Glad I got this now so I can make use of the Orbfest to hopefully speed up Beatrix's learning of her SSB.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: May 29, 2016, 12:32:53 PM »
hahahahaha

bahamut sin, cagnazzio, and caius revenge battles

bahamut sin and caius I could not actually beat at the time so this will be nice. Cagnazzio is mostly going to be fun so I can use my exact same setup I did 7 months ago and tapdance on y'alls tears

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2656 on: May 29, 2016, 07:17:44 PM »
I sunk 4 mythril refreshes into the weekend orbfest. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. Jesus Christ SO MANY White Orbs.

I mean, yes, now I -do- have just enough to get R3 Saint's Cross and R3 Full Break but I feel like I could have done the refreshes on a better festival.

And goddammit Ingus just drop your fuckin' Record Materia already you are almost level-capped... >.>;;

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: May 30, 2016, 06:00:00 AM »
I tried Kuja Ultimate+ with Mage Meta now that I have a Dakrness Mage relic.  I can beat him, but can't seem to master him.   Thinking the mistake is using Mental Breakdown since based on what I can tell, Tyro using something for actual damage like Phantasm w/ Fairy Flute will probably have a stronger impact than Mental Breakdown's net damage gain, that's about the only place I can get more damage beyond remembering to ues Kuja's 2nd Soul Break BEFORE my last Dark Zone seeing as Terra consistently hits 9999 or close to it and Lulu's not far behind. 

I don't think egging characters up will help considering damage cap purposes, as only Terra and kuja will really benefit and only with their Soul Breaks.  Whatever, knowing I can beat Kuja with Mage Meta is enough for me, I have already mastered him, so I think I'm good.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: May 30, 2016, 08:24:11 AM »
Revenge Banner lucky draw. It's 25 mythril and has all the stuff from when the bosses first came out. I could really use 4 and 13 synergy, but I am making a prediction ahead of time that I get another Zack's Glove and something like, I dunno, Organics.

Here we goooooo

Nope, Lightning's Jacket. Should be a good defence booster, at least (lol Enthunder with no other benefit ok; it's not even a shared SB that would have made it useful).

Also, cleared out the Romancing SaGa event. Pretty neat, art and music for the game make it sound somewhat appealing, but SaGa is literally the worst JRPG series so nah.

As far as events go, anyway, it is literally no different than any other collab event in the game's history. Meeple's bitching about it ruining the integrity of FFRK is one of the stupider things to come out of his mouth recently.

EDIT: I misremembered the bitching, still dumb.

Also did not realize the SaGa Banner was free.

Got the mother fuckin' Liberty Staff. Two of them! That was the only thing I wanted from it, so thanks game. Also got the Moonlight sword and Abalone Holy Robe, which are pretty good for shared SBs, actually, but kinda meh considering my BSB arsenal. Still, not gonna say no to free shinies.

Also also, they're closing off the second beginner's banner soon. I should probably decide what I want from it and finally pull. Honestly at this point the Grand Armor's looking like a really decent option, an emergency heal for a character who's back in my party anyway would be quite nice. Lunatic High is also a decent option but I already have an FF7 hastega and really don't need more synergy for that realm. I could also just let this one go by, and save my mythril, really.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:38:49 AM by Makkotah »

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: May 30, 2016, 08:04:51 PM »

Gave it my best shot with basically zero FFIX synergy aside from a 4++ dagger and 3++ rod. This was about as good as RNG run as I could hope for, just ran out of gas at the end.

I'll give myself a day or two to decide whether I want to pull on the current banners or not.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: May 31, 2016, 01:09:50 AM »
If it means anything, given how close you've gotten, it's possible pretty much -anything- you land from either banner weapon-wise may tide you over - even an Exploda may mean the difference between victory and defeat. That said, you could very well get nothing, but at least banner 2 in a vaccuum is good enough that, if you have the Mythril handy, it may be worth an 11-pull or two.

(I'd just give a half-hour to an hour interval between pulls if the first ends up sucking ass. FFRK's RNG has been shown to be pretty streaky, especially on bad pull strings.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:11:51 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2661 on: May 31, 2016, 02:02:17 AM »
Kitty megaphone on the hundred gem.

Apparently pulling the second the banner goes live works really well. My pulls have gotten much better since I started doing this. Clearly the good relics sell out fast. Get your megaphones while they're hot or something.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: May 31, 2016, 04:02:41 AM »
So I caved in and spent 75 Mythril. What I wanted: kitty megaphones. What I got: Aerith's SSB and a Chocobracelet. This game.

EDIT: FUCK DROPPED TEN MORE MYTHRIL AND ON THE LAST ONE-PULL GAME FORKED OVER KITTY MEGAPHONES

WAIFU PULL IS REAL

EDIT2: Seriously, guys, I know it doesn't sound like much, but Cait is one of my favorite FF characters period and I SERIOUSLY needed an ATK+MAG debuff as well. Not to mention I really like his skillset. I'm pretty much in gacha heaven right now.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:46:04 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: May 31, 2016, 05:49:50 AM »
Your taste in FF characters is eclectic to say the least

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: May 31, 2016, 09:32:21 AM »
i knew you'd go there

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: May 31, 2016, 11:09:43 AM »
i knew you'd go there

Uh...?

If I actually made a joke there please tell me so I can pretend it was on purpose.

---

FFX event up. Probably gonna reign in on my Tuesdaily farming in part because I do actually need to build up some Wind orbs relative to my other orb stashes, and partly because holy shit I do not actually need any more orbs fuck this mild manifestation of OCD, and use my remaining stamina for the day to clear the autobattle part of the event and maybe get some elites done. I should be updating my resume but I guess this is how I'm going to be spending my time today. #zennydecisionsbestdecisions.

Took a look at the banners, Yuna's new SSB actually looks pretty neat (MT Curaga that gives characters a barrier that, upon attack, auto-regens up to 2000 HP). Paine's Hastega relic shows up again, and honestly there's nothing really terrible on the banner. Even the SB relic gives Tidus 2 turns of quick hits. Banner 2 looks like a lot more dud prizes (in that there are any; Wakka's and Kimarhi's). I may throw an 11 pull at banner one, I really do need the FFX synergy. It, along with FF8, is my biggest synergy hole in common realms.

That said, it's been a little under 3 months since the last equipment fest, so maybe I should save in another attempt to fail to get Shout. Mrf.

EDIT: I made the pull. I got Tidus' SB, and his OSB, because of course of the two FFX relics I'd own it would be Tidus' and Kimarhi's.

*Proceeds to rub his nutsack on Meeple's face while purposely never using Tidus again.*

EDIT 2: Oh snap when I wasn't looking they added a bunch more RM3s. I was gonna use this one on Tidus... and frankly I still am because his relic justifies it, BUT I really want to use it on Agrias instead to be spiteful.

Anyway, browsing through the newly added RM4s, here are the useful ones (including the ones from when they first introduced them to have them in place). A lot of the not so useful ones are elemental boosting ones

Cloud's (Sword -> Damage x30%)
Frionel (ATK up 20%)
Terra (MAG up 20%)
Refia (Thrown -> Damage up 30%)
Celes (Magic Sword Damage up 30%)
Aeris (Rod -> MAG up 20%, Mind up 10%)
Rinoa (BM Damage up 30%), I think probably marginally less useful than the physical 30% boosts just because of the higher MAG soft cap, but I didn't calculate it out so I may be wrong
Yuna (SMN Damage up 30%)
Agrias (Knight damage up 30%)

Useful if you have certain relics

Maria (Bow -> MAG up 30%)
Garnet (Dagger -> MAG up 20%, MND 10%)
Ashe (Sword -> MAG up 30%)

EvilPrincessSara and Rosa's both raise MND but that's not really that useful, not enough to blow a RM3 on anyway.

I suppose my next MC3 will go to Aeris. Her RM4 is pretty damn good and I have a relic for her.

Also egged Tidus up to 98 because fuck it, if he's gonna be my damage workhorse for FFX realms he's going to fucking do it right for once in his life.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:25:39 PM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: May 31, 2016, 01:19:01 PM »
Stayin' classy.

Okay, so I beelined for Cait Sith's MC and egged him up to 50 so he can survive Tuesdaily. Having looked up his L65 stats, it's frankly kinda silly that he has more HP and defense at L65 than Aerith at L80. Good thing his MC2 is just a month away. He's like a spin on Mog trading a bit of statistical superiority for a better skillset, and that's a winning trade given the scales.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:23:37 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2667 on: May 31, 2016, 01:32:23 PM »
Ugh. You got Tidus' 6*? I did three 11 pulls on this banner (all my hard-saved mythril~). 

I mean, I got Wakka's stupid-good Burst so that's cool. And two copies of both Paine's Hastega sword and Tidus' Quick Hit armor, which will likely see some use. But come on, I want shinies for my favorite JRPG main with daddy issues. I may have to rush the history dungeons for more mythril and try another 11-pull before the banner ends. Even if I get a third Paine/Tidus relic copy, at least that means I can finally do something with these dark matters.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: May 31, 2016, 01:44:27 PM »
Stayin' classy.

ofc

Okay, so I beelined for Cait Sith's MC and egged him up to 50 so he can survive Tuesdaily. Having looked up his L65 stats, it's frankly kinda silly that he has more HP and defense at L65 than Aerith at L80. Good thing his MC2 is just a month away. He's like a spin on Mog trading a bit of statistical superiority for a better skillset, and that's a winning trade given the scales.

Yeah, Aeris' durability is up there with wet paper. I'd also agree that without relics, Cait's just flat out a better Mog. Summon 4 and Bard 5 are waaaaaaaay better than Black 3 / Dragoon 2. Not sure how they hold up after relics, though. What does Cait's relic actually do again?

Ugh. You got Tidus' 6*? I did three 11 pulls on this banner (all my hard-saved mythril~). 

I mean, I got Wakka's stupid-good Burst so that's cool. And two copies of both Paine's Hastega sword and Tidus' Quick Hit armor, which will likely see some use. But come on, I want shinies for my favorite JRPG main with daddy issues. I may have to rush the history dungeons for more mythril and try another 11-pull before the banner ends. Even if I get a third Paine/Tidus relic copy, at least that means I can finally do something with these dark matters.

"I got all these toys with far more utility than pumpin' out big numbers :("

I literally have nothing to say to you. Oh wait

*Proceeds to rub his nutsack on MeepleDJ's face while purposely never using Tidus again.*

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: May 31, 2016, 01:55:54 PM »

Yeah, Aeris' durability is up there with wet paper. I'd also agree that without relics, Cait's just flat out a better Mog. Summon 4 and Bard 5 are waaaaaaaay better than Black 3 / Dragoon 2. Not sure how they hold up after relics, though. What does Cait's relic actually do again?

Well, Cait's first relic (i.e. the one I got) is AoE non-elemental white magic damage with some degree of randomness (mult can go from 7.11x to 11.85x, averaging 9.43x) that also inflicts ATK+MAG -50% for 20s, stackable with Breakdowns and Full Break. His first SSB is AoE Full Breakdown + High Regen. Partly due to powercreep, relic-wise he somewhat stands atop Mog (who, in Global, still has only Heroic Harmony, which is Cait's first SB without damage, and Sunbath, which you know pretty well) until their recently released SSBs (Mog's is AoE magical white damage with ATK+DEF -50%, Cait's second SSB is AoE magical white damage + party crit up +50%). So yeah, the relic gap if you consider full updates isn't -so huge- in perspective (stackable AoE debuffing is honestly going to be useful until the game shuts down and you're really not using their SBs for their own damage). If that's worth anything, Cait gets Summon 5 with his Record Dive while Mog gets Dragoon 5 along with ATK +36 and boosts to Spear and Dragoon damage.

Regardless, Cait's SB gives me some alternative to Wall (not as good, but after stacking Toy Soldier with Power/Mag Breakdown and Full Break, I can reduce MAG by 52% and ATK by 49% on Break-resistant enemies, which is nice) and he's a fun PC who'll be viable for a long time.

EDIT: I guess there's also Aerith's SSB, but I have no idea how will I slot Reraise in outside of Cid's Missions. At least I like her as a character.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:11:40 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: May 31, 2016, 09:29:48 PM »
I see kain is getting a banner in the distant future.

Yuuuuussssssss
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: May 31, 2016, 09:33:38 PM »
Early July, just after Shirtless Sephiroth.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: May 31, 2016, 10:09:25 PM »
Rinoa (BM Damage up 30%), I think probably marginally less useful than the physical 30% boosts just because of the higher MAG soft cap, but I didn't calculate it out so I may be wrong

For whatever it's worth, +30% Black Magic is a little lower than +20% Magic, something like +20% Magic = +35% damage.  Obviously, if you hit the cap, it's worth increases significantly but as you noted, harder to do so.  The other notable thing is that it doesn't effect Summons and I would assume doesn't work on Memento Mori/Dark Zone either (is it Black Magic the skill-tree or any move that is clasified as "BLK" ala Soul Breaks and the like?)

That said, the new event...kind of rubs me the wrong way?  You have a Yuna wedding event and DON'T put Seymour in, the one thing of FF10 content people are actually asking for?

Also, the new skill feels very clumsily handled in terms of who they gave it to.  It'd be neat and all, but many of the choices are baffling, like Shadow/Edge could REALLY use the 5* skill since they don't have a legit (non-6*) DPS skill, but nope, only 4*.  Who gets 5* meanwhile?  Faris, that character who already has a bunch of randomly tossed on skillsets that she really doesn't need and did not need any help being better, nor has any sort of legit association with the skillset, and already had stuff like Thief's Revenge for DPS.  Nope, screw the Ninjas, we gotta buff Pirate Lady!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:14:23 PM by Meeplelard »

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: May 31, 2016, 10:50:59 PM »
Made an 11 pull on Kuja banner 2, got the generic Gauntlets. It's a useful pull in general (best stats of any 5* bracer I have, only FF9 armor above 3*) but probably not enough of an offense upgrade to merit another hour spent S/Ling on U+ Kuja just to possibly fail anyways. Not like I have any actual need for more Black or Non-elemental orbs in the next ~4 months, anyhow.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: May 31, 2016, 11:29:20 PM »
Mastered the Cait Sith event in entirety.

Not going to bother demonstrating my team.  Just know I Mage Meta'd Carry Armor, and he made me actually get Ixion and raise it to R3; was it necessary? No, but it'll be useful in the future since it's the best Thunder damage until Chain Thundaga, and it's AoE.  ALso didn't use as many GSOs as expected. 

Ultimate+ took me 3 tries.  I tried Mage Meta twice, realized it wasn't working because Kuja's DPS was disappointing without Memento Mori (the fight is too long for that to be reasonable), swapped him out for Beatrix, and between Lulu and her Soul Breaks, I figured I wouldn't need shell.  Almost succeeded on first attempt, but a Beam Cannon right before reapplying Sentinel Grimoire = screwed, especally since I was out of ammo.  S/L, approached a little differently by having Terra conserve Bahamut until Proud Clod, having her physical a few times instead for some gauge late in the Yin/Yang fight, and did something similar with Beatrix.  This let me focus on Proud Clod while I would kill the Jammer with Meteor and Bahamut, such that his more dangerous phase had less health.  The Jammer was worth killing because his defense drop helped insure I had the ammo needed, and there was a scare moment where Lulu got hit with a big attack, and Materia Jammer was on, so I couldn't heal her.

Event done, time to do dailies until the Dungeon Update drops sometime this week.