Register

Author Topic: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper  (Read 149267 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper
« Reply #2300 on: April 20, 2016, 01:44:56 AM »
Speaking of which, decided to do a 50-mythril pull because I decided I like this banner's content enough to warrant it. End result: a Gold Bangle and Yuffie's Pinwheel. I'll take it.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: April 20, 2016, 03:42:13 AM »
Vinny's not a half bad mage after he gets his buff in the Cait Sith event, so it could be worse, DJ.

Speaking of, farming Wednesdaily with Kimarhi and resenting every minute of it. It could be worse, I guess, it does have Magic Blink after all. If nothing else, Kimarhi, Exdeath, and Shitbrat on a team could potentially shut down Black Magic pretty soundly.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: April 20, 2016, 04:58:25 AM »
On Global, Vincent starts with the buffs, so yeah, he's actually worth considering in general.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: April 20, 2016, 07:32:45 AM »
3rd Fragment Dungeon out, this time FFX's Magus Sisters. And with it, returns Ifrit, and the FF13 fragment dungeon. Good to know I won't ever not have Ifrit lording itself over my like a fat piece of garbage I can't beat

no seriously though I may try to Magic Blink cheese my way through, that's looking like a valid strategy, if I can't get my previous rely-heavily-on-Beatrix strat to work out for me

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2304 on: April 20, 2016, 10:55:34 AM »
I'm still struggling with U+ bosses a lot on JP... do I have any chance st beating this Ifrit? It's one stamina, so I gave it a shot last time it was up but didn't really have time to spend on it and after him basically one-rounding me, I was like "Fuck it, I've got important story dungeons and events to do."

But now I wanna try it since I think I've probably got the right tools for it with Celes' Grand Runic, Wall, Shout, HotF, and Tidus' Enwater BSB.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: April 20, 2016, 11:17:05 AM »
Vincent boss rush: in which Yuffie's Bloodfest outdamages Gilgamesh's Faithful Companion due to sporting over double the hits in spite of a lower overall mult.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: April 20, 2016, 11:37:45 AM »
oh shit we talkin gameplay in jp here i am all over this shit

I have no idea how you're struggling with U+ content with both Shout and SG, HotF, and a BSSB (even if it is Tidus's... excuse me, Tiida's. Haha what a stupid name for a stupid schmuck). I'm not even saying this to be insulting, I literally don't understand where you're falling flat. Granted, U+ Bartz was kiiiiiinda insanely difficult, and I had Bartz's BSB and great 5 synergy, so maybe I can see that. I know you're considering your Global account your main, so do you just have really bad hones or something?

As for Ifrit, bring a spellbladers with Blizzaga/Blizzara strikes, Ramza on Shout/Breakdown duty, Tyro and Yuna on Heal/SG duty, and if you can hone it to R4 and have a L80 monk, bring the monk's ITD attack for your fifth and you should be able to pull it out. The Monk skill is especially good here, L80 Jecht was cranking out 6-7k damage a hit after boosting with that, and a 4++ FF8 dagger. This exact setup almost worked perfectly for me, but not having a native Wall OR Shout meant I couldn't quite pull it out. You're well equipped enough that this should not be an issue, barring your hones being terrible.

He doesn't have any water weakness (ice only), so Tiida's BSB won't really be that useful aside from burst damage, and you'd frankly get more out of bringing, say, Squall with two Blizzara/ga strikes even if you don't have a relic for them.

One thing I've realized, especially in this fight since Ifrit's defenses are so insane, is that the Damage +20% record materiae are leagues ahead of the ATK+10%/ATK+20% ones, so a diversity of good weapons here with the relevant RMs will help too.

You may want to go back and look at my most recent attempt at offing him like a month ago? The Beatrix tank build won't help you, but the one I was trying with Jecht should flesh out more of what I'm talking about in this post.

EDIT: What do you have in the way of FF8 synergy? If you have good mage equipment for the realm, one thought would be to have Rinoa's BSB as your RW (since you have the native trinity) since it's all ice elemental attacks. I think Lulu's new SSB also has En-freeze, alternately. If not, I'd recommend actually bringing in another shout, so you can have Ramza do both Power and Magic Breakdowns, and have Ace Striker as his RM. SG and Ace Striker on Tyro is another viable option, and in that case I would prioritize Magic BD/Indoor Spell over MBD/PBD.

In addition to 8 synergy, aside from the trinity, what SSBs or recently-released SBs do you have? If you list those out I can probably tell you what team I'd use.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2307 on: April 20, 2016, 11:56:24 AM »
Yeah, you nailed it, my JP hones are pretty shit. I have like none of the 4-star magics honed (I have an R3 Firaja, R3 Ruinga, and R2 Quake).

My FF8 Synergy is Quistis' new SSB whip (Cerberus), and Rinoa's Enearth SB Dress (Brothers). And a Cowboy hat. That is literally it. Not for lack of trying either.

My other relevant SBs...

Yuffie's insta-heal medica headband
Fran's Overmist SSB (Full Breakdown + damage)
Jecht Beam (3-hits and Party ATK-up mid)
Papilymo's SSB rod (FF14, I haven't even mastered it because my BLM hones are so shit I can't use mages)
Tyro's BSB
Ramza's %Medica + Protect (Yell/Tailwind)
Basch's Gold Axe SB (Sentinel + Def UP IIRC?)
Aerith's Reraise Medica
Bartz's Enwind SB cape
Delita's Maximillion armor SB
Edge's Double Sword SB and Kaen SSB (Fire-elemental so useless here)

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2308 on: April 20, 2016, 12:03:36 PM »
Can't edit my post for some reason, so double-post:

My RMs are pretty lacking too. Lots of L1 characters, I basically didn't use anyone who I didn't have a relic for. Exceptions: Gilgamesh, Terra, Vivi, Selphie, Ricard, Josef, Porom, Relm

So yeah, missing most of the DMG+20% RMs.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: April 20, 2016, 12:33:23 PM »
hmmm ok that's gonna maybe make this impossible. Even with great B/S/SBs not having hones for this fight in particular is.. sketchy. Not having a wide selection of RMs also helps (#iamthe1percent)... Still, worth a shot. If nothing else it's a challenge. I don't recall offhand what a lot of those soul breaks actually do, so I'm mostly ignoring the ones you didn't list explanations for at the moment. Some questions:

Having Yuffie's heal ability makes her viable, but if I remember correctly after mathing that out you need some reaaaaally high MAG to make Ninja skills even remotely viable.  Tyro's BSSB also means you will maybe want to have a Wall RW so you can wall up and use his BSSB for Shellga/Protectga, freeing up two of your skill slots... if you can make use of them, that is.

What do you have Magic Breakdown, Power Breakdown, Curaja, Lifesiphon, and Blizzaga Strike honed to? If Blizzaga Strike is R3 or less, how about Blizzara Strike? Do you have more than one Curaja and Indoor Spell? If you only have 1 Curaja, do you have Curaga as well, at least?

What level is Jecht? If you can get him to L80 over the next Sundaily, what could you hone the monk ITD skill to if you spent all of your materials on that? Additionally, twink him for ATK under 8 synergy and tell me how high you can get dat numbah. If you did use him, I would be sparing with his SB and only use it to cover holes in when Shout's up, but even then this fight is literally the entirety of that monk skill's niche so it's worth considering bringing him in.

What level is Shitbrat, and what are his ATK/MAG/MND with Quistis' whip equipped? You're probably gonna want him using his BSB attacks, Life Siphon, and Curaga/ja, but on the off chance he has acceptable ATK the monk skill (ffs what is this called in Global? I'm going to refer to it a lot I feel) may be viable on him.

MAG on Yuna under synergy, and Shiva/Valefor/Maduin hones if any?

Offhand, I'd probably say your best bet is Jecht/Bartz/Ramza/Tyro/Yuna but tbh without the hones....

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2310 on: April 20, 2016, 12:55:05 PM »
Magic BD 6 uses
Power BD 4 uses
Steal Power 4 uses
Lifesiphon - 8 uses, 6 uses, 6 uses
Curaja - lol
Curaga - 10 uses, 10 uses
Therapy Cure - 10 uses
Blizzaga Strike - lol
Blizzara Strike - 8 uses

Summons - lol, but I think I might have enough to make and hone Shiva to >R2?

Jecht - Level 67, can egg him to 80-ish
Squall - Level 1 (Celes and Bartz are my Spellblades)

Also, Yuffie's usefulness is in Dancer4/Celerity/Thief5, not Ninja...

IIRC, the 4* Monk skill is called Piercing Blow? Piercing Strike? Piercing Pierce.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: April 20, 2016, 01:28:03 PM »
Also, Yuffie's usefulness is in Dancer4/Celerity/Thief5, not Ninja...

Not here it isn't. Ifrit's defenses are stupid so Ninja/Piercing Pierce are actually useful here. Celerity is useless here and Thief isn't gonna cut it without something substantial to back it up. Still, Ninja's kinda too gimped altogether and so it was kind of a throw away idea. Also, mind, Jecht will only be useful if and only if you can get a decently honed Piercing Pierce.

Mmm wow this is a headache but at least you can cover your debuffs well. Blaaaaaah I don't know if 8 strikes of Blizzaga strike and 20 lifesiphons are gonna be enough tbh. I had minimum R4 on all of my skills and was running out of charges by the end. You're probably fucked on this file. At least you'll beat him in Global?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: April 20, 2016, 02:00:22 PM »
Tangentially, list of the relics available on JP's most recent Lucky Draw: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4fm06j/jp_break_banner_lucky_draw_relic_list/

This one is a lot more focused than the usual deal. The shiny/booby trap ratio is really good and even the duds actually aren't -so- bad - no shit like Vanille's Deprotega rod or Wakka's Official Ball on the list. Also no chance at getting stuck with FUCKING CYCLONE GRIMOIRE.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: April 20, 2016, 02:06:12 PM »
That's actually a pretty good list. Offhand the worst weapon I could draw would be... a 3rd Yoshimitsu? And that'd at least give me a 7* relic. Worth the 25 mythril, more than the other lucky draws anyway. If I pull on that, though, that'll almost certainly be my last draw before vacation (assuming I can get out of this god-forsaken prefecture... earthquakes are slated to continue all weekend :/). Hopefully nothing cool comes up during, cuz I don't intend to play except to speed through events when I get access to wifi.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:57:16 PM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: April 20, 2016, 02:28:37 PM »
Also, new shinies in our Gysahl Greens shop! Another Mythril and a Major Power, Non-Elemental and Wind Orb. Back to slaving at the mines now that I'm done with the main course on Vincent's event. Yuffie being a relevant offensive force is so fucking weird. I may take her for the Ultimate, since I could use some AoE dancing shenanigans in that fight. Good thing I already honed all the 4* dances to R3 (and Multibreak to R2, but Yuffie doesn't have Dancer 4 so it's moot. Just you wait when Cait Sith arrives, though).

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: April 20, 2016, 02:47:47 PM »
Oooh, wait, you guys are doing Rufus/Doggie for the Ultimate event right? That's a pretty fun fight.

Snow, do it hard mode. No (native) Shout, No (native) Wall, No useful MT skills.  If I can do it, then you can do it.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: April 20, 2016, 02:53:23 PM »
Editing's weird right now.

https://ffrk.jp/cpn/romasaga2/

Can y'all do me a favor and go vote for not-Kain here? Not that it's gonna make a difference probably (jfc 20k votes fuck you jp) but ffs why do they want to give kain a sb

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: April 20, 2016, 03:30:32 PM »
Oooh, wait, you guys are doing Rufus/Doggie for the Ultimate event right? That's a pretty fun fight.

Snow, do it hard mode. No (native) Shout, No (native) Wall, No useful MT skills.  If I can do it, then you can do it.

Looking at your setup, I think I can do something along these lines:

Squall/Tidus: Pound/whatever, Lifesiphon
Vanille: Curaja, Protectga
Yuffie: Stumble Step, Tempo Flurry/Dismissal (Assuming Dances are free reign, since your own setup had them)
Steiner: Banishing Strike, Lifesiphon/Saint Cross
Mog: Multibreak, Curaga/Curaise

Lightning and Gilgamesh are obviously out due to AoE SSBs, as is Zidane. No offensive mages either, since I have two 5* synergy rods and overkill AoE mage hones. Vanille has Oerba's Boon, all of the offensive SBs involved are 5.1 mult and below.

RW could be either SG or HotE.

Pretty sure I could whip something functional out of this, will let you know tomorrow, when the battles arrive.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:35:49 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: April 20, 2016, 03:53:42 PM »
Yes, Dances are fine. I believe I also had Zack's Glove at that point so I technically did have MT damage SBs but come on, you're better than that. That said your setup as posted looks pretty dang legit. I look forward to the results.

(side note, I just realized Mareizu (Maraise) is probably supposed to be Maruchi-Reizu (Multi-Raise) since it has multiple functions, raising and curing. Curaise still manages to be a better name if that is in fact the logic behind it and that is sad)

ghost edit: forums stop crapping out pls

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: April 20, 2016, 03:56:47 PM »
actual edit: with that setup you're almost certainly going to need SG as your RW. Whats-his-fucks' Mako Shotgun is stupid damage but isn't ITD so there you go.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: April 20, 2016, 04:02:12 PM »
Likely, but at least HotE has a stacking +50% def boost, which is what made me consider it. Though I guess lack of Hastega makes it too risky. I considered picking up Red XIII, but synergy support with Hastega honestly felt like borderline cheating and one of the key points to your struggles was not having a native Hastega source.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: April 20, 2016, 04:24:33 PM »
Wait, I was misreading that as HotF. Hand of the Emperor could definitely work, but is a little redundant since you're running Mog. IIRC you have sun bath? If not HotE, may actually be the better choice, come to think of it.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: April 20, 2016, 04:45:43 PM »
The thing is: HotE and Sunbath's attack bonuses -stack-. Sunbath multiplied by Hand of the Emperor = move over, Ramza, here comes the softcap. I'll have to run some calcs later to figure out whether I can get a party-wide cap-ramming (Yuffie certainly will, since Pinwheel is good shit and she gets level synergy as well. If she wasn't running a Dance, I'd totally slot Thief's Revenge as the secondary), but I'm pretty confident in it.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: April 20, 2016, 04:49:37 PM »
Oh snap, didn't realize that. Then yeah, both are definitely valid options, depending on if you wanna go blitz lightning or safe strats. Still, if you're sticking to not having hastega, that's reaaaally risky, as you said. Bonus points if you do it with Hand, then, I guess?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: April 20, 2016, 05:09:02 PM »
I'll have to ponder it anyhow. One thing is that my FF7 synergy is ahead of what yours was at the time - weapons, it's pretty similar, but I have four natural 5* FF7 bangles and a natural 5* hat, for instance, which might lead to a less pressing need for defense buffing, especially since bases matter for how much your durability improves from buffs. It bears some testing regardless, and I guess stamina needs are less pressing now that a full set of bonus battles cost 61 timebux rather than 160. This should be fun.

EDIT: first run on Lightning/Wind Wednesdaily: two Greater Lightnings, three Greater Winds and a Major Wind. Where have you been all my life, my love.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:24:45 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »