Register

Author Topic: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper  (Read 149321 times)

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
Re: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper
« Reply #1825 on: March 02, 2016, 05:51:27 AM »
Yeah my first thought was "I'll vote for whatever song is from 6!"  Then I heard it and was like "Nah...."

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: March 02, 2016, 09:14:50 AM »
I don't even play global but I went and voted for that out of spite.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: March 02, 2016, 09:38:55 AM »
I'm still laughing over the pitchfork raising on reddit over this - which was exactly what JP got at this time of anniversary. Haven't listened to the songs yet to vote.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: March 03, 2016, 11:36:59 AM »
Tomorrow, JP gets access to the Dualcast Knight RM.

My body is ready.

EDIT: Tryina be cool against U 3x Black Waltz:

Steiner (Draw Attack, Aera Strike), Damage/Skill Use-> SB Gauge RM, Protectga Ribbon
Freyja (Wind Jump, Magic Breakdown)
Vivi (R5 Firaja, R3 Meteo), Dualcast
Garnet (R5! Valefor, R3 Maduin), Devotion
Eiko (Shellga, R5 Curaja)
RW: ExDeath's Grand Cross

I will be so happy if this works. Well see.

EDIT: Blah in hindsight I should have used Eiko's Bard skillset to set Mana's Praen instead of Shellga. I kinda have to use Grand Cross right away otherwise eat shit so Shellga's not pulling it's weight. I'd adjust if Exdeath's RW came up more frequently. Mm, we'll see how many SLs this takes.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:42:41 PM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: March 03, 2016, 01:05:06 PM »
I haven't seen the Ultimate + fight for the event yet, so I'll be interested in your reports.

Also, for the poll, ended up voting for The Chase (VII), Man With The Machine Gun (VIII), Blitz It Off (X), Blinded By Light (XIII) and Torn From The Heavens (XIV). I don't like any of the songs besides those and I don't think a remix would change that. Also, putting the damn relic pull song for FF9 as an option, DeNa? Fuck you.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: March 03, 2016, 01:57:04 PM »
Giving up on that build. A couple tweaks (Swap Maduin for Bahamut, Shellga for Mana Praen and give Eiko Mako Might so I get both to help deal with MT magic) and I should have it with that party, though. I only have one class tomorrow so I'll keep an eye out for the next time ExDeath is up in my RW list and try again then.

Snow, the U+ Nova Dragon fight looks pretty easy, actually. My A-team won't have any problems for sure, it's weak to Wind and Bartz's BSSB is OP if a boss has a weakness. Taking it down with an FF9 party for the quest rewards may be a bit out of my reach, though, purely because at 50% it interrupts with strong MT damage and I don't have a native Medica on any of my FF9 characters. The interrupt's physical, too, so no cheesing it out with Tyro's BSSB. Maaaaaybe with a Medica RW, but eh. We'll see after I fight it with my A-team tomorrow.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: March 03, 2016, 04:36:13 PM »
I guess I can thank the stars pre-emptively for that Golem's Flute, then. Also, do you have R2 Bahamut already?

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: March 03, 2016, 11:01:03 PM »
Yep. I yolocrafted it a while ago. I probably shouldn't have yolocrafted Madiun (except I hadn't crafted anything in a while and I wanted to), since that puts R3 Baha a bit further out of reach (but still stupidly far away).

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: March 04, 2016, 08:40:35 AM »
Advent (Ultimate) has been Mastered.  At first I tried to bring Diaga, but that just ended up being a sad mess over Shellga.

Winning Team:
Y'shtola L65 - Curaja R4/Protectga R2 - Ace Striker - Stoneskin II
Tifa L65 - Tempo Flurry R5/Punishing Palm R2 - Pugilist's Lore - Burning Arrow
Aeris L60 - Curaga R5/Shellga R2 - Knight's Charge - Healing Moment (Shared from Precious Watch)
Red XIII L72 - Full Break R2/Magic Breakdown R3 - Zeal - Lunatic High - Funny enough, the weak link of the team.
Zack L58 - Dismissal R3/Lifesiphon R4 - Dragoon's Determination - Air Strike
RW: Fenrir Overdrive

Like I said, I tried bringing in Diaga over Shellga.  Only only did I not have Shellga for attacks after the first orb spawned, but Diaga was only hitting for about 4K.  So I gave up the first try and switched out Diaga for Shellga, and I one-shot the fight after that.  It's actually kind of nuts.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: March 04, 2016, 09:13:08 AM »
I was going to be a little bit surprised that you did it with that setup considering your hones and that only MT was Air Strike, then I saw that you had Lunatic High AND SS2 and could afford the RW to be something else. OK that makes sense now.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: March 04, 2016, 01:34:15 PM »
Okay, mastered Bahamut SIN as well, no S/L involved. Setup:

L69 Yuna (Valefor/Maduin R5, Ace Striker RM, Hymn of the Faith SB)
L80 Squall (Fira Strike R5/Lifesiphon R4, Dragoon's Determination RM, Fated Circle SB)
L65 Kefka (Ruinga R4/Meteor R3, Devotion RM, Havoc Wing SB)
L65 Y'shtola (Curaja R5/Shellga R2, Dr. Mog's Teaching RM, Stoneskin II SB)
L80 Red XIII (Magic Breakdown R4/Full Break R2, Mako Might RM, Lunatic High SB)

Lulu's Focus as a RW for boosting my AoE, of course.

So yeah, the thing about Bahamut SIN is that you need both high-end mitigation (-ga defense buffs -and- SG/SSII are a must) -and- potent, plentiful AoE to safely handle him. I sorta yolohoned R5 Maduin and Valefor a while ago, but it hugely paid off here and I -still- ran out of juice on Yuna at the last slivers of his health. At least she had some HotF gauges built. This said, Focus also helped a ton, since both Yuna and Kefka could hit the damage cap on the Shadow Creepers after it and made Havoc Wing deadly against them. Having to spread ST offense to kill the Creepers would've been a complete killer. Bahamut SIN honestly doesn't feel terribly fast nor do the Creepers, but those adds are a constant presence throughout the fight and keeping them under wraps is ridiculously important. So yeah, being able to two-round them constantly while -also- plugging away at the boss himself was the main clincher. I may try this fight again under the Reddit challenge conditions, it'd be interesting to see how it goes without a full Trinity.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: March 04, 2016, 03:11:16 PM »
Black Waltz's down after Exdeath finally cropped up in my RWs. Worked just as planned, though it still took a couple SLs to get the turn order down correctly.

Turn order, for posterity:

L70Steiner: Draw Attack, Aera Strike, Aera Strike, Protectga, Draw Attack, Aera Strike til the end.
L65Eiko: Mana Praen THEN Shellga, S/L if that ends up being a bad idea.
L79Garnet: If a full bar to start, Bahamut then GC, if not Grand Cross first, Bahamut, re-Up Grand Cross when Steiner has 6/7 Aera Strikes left.
L73Vivi: Firaja when not under Mana Praen, Meteo when. Defend once Meteo charges are up and there's only BW2 left, to not proc counters.
L65Freyja: Magic Breakdown BW1, then BW3, then Wind Jump BW3. Once BW1 and 3 are down, Magic BD BW2 before anyone else does anything, then Wind Jump until morning.

Freyja was actually pretty clutch here, Waltz 1 and 3 often use MT attacks and keeping them mitigated helped keep Eiko from having to waste turns on Curaja instead of re-upping Mana's Praen. 2 only had to be mitigated once I started focusing on it and thus started proccing it's counters. Grand Cross also shined here, Waltz 1 and 3 were down by the time the second one wore off, and then it was a matter of hoping or the best with 2's counters at the end. A couple of SL's due to bad luck there.

I could have done the exact same thing with a Media RW and Carbuncle on Eiko, and probably would have had an easier time, but this was more fun.

EDIT: I should mention that none of these characters were L80, and only Garnet was L79. Probably would have been a lot more trivial with a full L80 party.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 03:39:26 PM by Makkotah »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: March 04, 2016, 03:21:35 PM »
I may try this fight again under the Reddit challenge conditions, it'd be interesting to see how the common people live.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: March 04, 2016, 03:44:52 PM »
Meanwhile, I beat Bahamut Sin twice and failed to master, losing 2 medals on turns last.  I think I might have to drop Red XIII for someone else to increase DPS, or not rely on Drawtaliate to take care of the Shadow Creepers (which shuts down their offense a lot.)

I think the big problem is Auron is only level 65 capping his offense.  Everything else seems to be in order, with Terra and Tyro doing enough AoE to rip apart enemies, Yuna covering her Yuna things, etc.  I could also just egg them up a bit and hope the slight offense push is all I need too.

I do feel like Fenrir Drive is the right RW though, since it helped a lot.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: March 05, 2016, 01:33:56 AM »
Finally mastered!

First off, the team I used in my first two "Expert" runs:

Auron: Buster Sword (CC), Edin's Coat, Godo's Mask, R4 Draw Fire, R5 Retaliate, Dragoon's Determination
-Auron has Dragon Fang SB
Red XIII: Grand Glove, Holiday Mittens, Vossler's Gauntlets, R4 Magic Breakdown, R2 Full Break, Freedom's Wish (probably should have used Self Sacrifice but it didn't really make a difference)
Tyro: Golden Sword+, Fire Armlet, Wolf's Earrings, R3 Fire Blossom, R4 Lifesiphon, Dr. Mog's Teachings
-He has Sentinel Grimoire
Yuna: Lullaby Rod, Crystal Armlet++, 4* Mind Boosting Accessory, R2 Shellga, R4 Curaja, Mako's Might
-she has Hymn of the Fayth
Terra: Maduin's Horn, Edin's Coat, Terra's Pendant, R4 Ruinga, R2 Meteor, Devotion
-She has Magitek Missile (duh?), and Trance Flood
RW: Fenrir Drive

Notably, Terra would save her Soul Break for the 2nd and 4th charging phases because it's 16k damage, Red XIII would drop the Roaming Warrior since he was basically the only physical fighter worth a damn who was on strict offensive duty.  Auron mostly existed to take care of all the ST physicals this fight had, which was a big help, though the occasional Dragon Fang both hindered BS' (...how fitting an abbreviation that is for the fight...) MT physicals, while doing about 8k~ to all enemies.  Red XIII would also occasionally drop the Holiday Mittens SB to increase his, Auron and Tyro's damage.  Ultimately, though, I couldn't beat him fast enough.

So Red XIII was the weak link I feel.  Everyone else was playing too much a key role. Yuna is the white mage, and has Medica SB, that goes without saying.  Terra was my primary AoE Source and has an occasional ST nuke when necessary.  Auron was stopping a lot of damage, and doing a fair amount of his own between his counters, and had a big MT damage attack that could be used on occasion.  Tyro has Sentinel Grimoire, and between Fire Armlet and Fire Blossom, his MT damage was actually pretty respectable to the Shadow Creepers (about 5k to them) so naturally I look for more options.  Faris comes to mind thanks to her Soul Break but she's stuck at level 65 at best, and considering Red XIII I egg'd up quite a bit ABOVE 65, and has Synergy, I doubt Faris will make a difference even with the MT Soul Break.  So I move on from Supports and just look at shear DPS.
First I look at Zack.  Synergy, good stats, and I have Rush Assault...but he's also stuck at level 65 and while with Synergy that'd help, again, he's being compared to someone somewhat higher who also has synergy, so don't think that'll work.  Squall and Lightning can both hit 80 and have Soul Breaks too, but again, Red XIII with Synergy probably beats them.  Tidus has a Soul Break too, MT one at that, but again, same problem, and if I can't justify Squall or Lightning, I struggle to justify Tidus.

So...I go with Garnet first thinking maybe another source of MT damage will work.  I hone Ifrit to R5, hone Valefor to R3, 8 shots should be enough alongside Terra, and she has her Ramuh Soul Break on top of that!  I give her Devotion, because she needs it more, hand Terra Blood of Espers.  Ok, let's see how this works!

...it doesn't.  Garnet's not doing enough, Terra's Soul Break damage suffers from lack of Devotion, and yeah basically it's a was.

Then it occurs to me "Why not just go with Cloud?", who has all of Red XIII's advantages, and I can give him Pound and Armor Break because DPS moves as I feel my mitigation is just good enough between Shellga and Sentinel Grimoire (the MT physical hurts but is manage-able with SG, so it's really the magic damage.  Again, a large part of the physical damage is covered by Drawtaliate.)  I can have him swap with Tyro so he gets a good weapon (Tyro's damage suffers a bit but honestly Tyro's damage as the least meaningful, at least on ST.  His MT damage suffers a bit but not by an amount that really mattered here.)  The only issue is the Soul Break...

...wait, Cloud's using Holiday Mittens, he can just drop that like Red XIII was anyway, so ok, yeah, Cloud's the obvious choice.  Just like Red XIII, Cloud would drop Fenrir Overdrive.

After many failed attempts, I say "fuck it, I have 200 mithril, I can spare one to attempt to master this guy."  I get Defense +10% which honestly isn't meaningful, HOWEVER, the carried over Soul Breaks gauge on Terra, Cloud and Auron ARE.  Terra now has more flexibility when she can drop either of her Soul Breaks, Auron has a Dragon Fang ready from the outset, and Cloud can drop the MT Attack Up Soul Break earlier in the fight.  All this amounts to an eventual success!

Biggest highlight?  I actually got to use a Trance Flood + Magitek Missile combo.  yes, Terra had 2 Soul Break gauges, and the situation arised that this was ideal.  In short, Trance Flood to hurt BS and murder the creepers, then he went Petaflare mode as a result (I think it was his 2nd even), so it did 22k to him.  I got to see another boosted Magitek Missile on BS himself, doing 17k total.  I have to say, being able to use Trance Flood in some capacity outside of Rubicante was nice since once I got Maduin's Horn I never thought I'd bother, but I had the foresight to think that maybe there'd be an instance where I'd prefer the MT damage over Magitek Missile (especially since overall, Trance Flood hitting 3 enemies is technically over 22x damage, compared to Magitek Missile's 18x, and it does boost Ruinga and Meteor as well so yeah.)

Biggest Derp? Accidentally using Grand Summon I on Yuna when I wanted to use Hymn of the Fayth.  Why was that still equipped? Because I was stupid and forgot to remove it.   Go 540 damage to all enemies!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 01:40:27 AM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: March 05, 2016, 03:17:00 PM »
Yesterday's 100-gem pull, done while I was at a bar with friends:

S'pose I'll take it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:19:22 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: March 05, 2016, 05:11:47 PM »
I dunno which annoys me more, Meeple pretending he's people, or Snow pretending he's a peasant.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: March 05, 2016, 05:47:44 PM »
Yes.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: March 07, 2016, 11:52:52 AM »
Spent my afternoon clearing through event backlog and the FF12 event's U/+ battles.

Dissidia's U+ Garland/Golbez was pretty dang easy, and I think if I convert all my Holy orbs to Major orbs and Hone Saint's Cross to R3, I can probably get the quest reward before the event wraps up in a couple days. The reward's not really worth it (2 Major Lightning orbs, not bad), but it's there so why not.

FF9's U+ Nova Dragon was harder than I was anticipating. Unmitigated it's damage is insane, and before I got all my mitigation up things were a little touch and go even with my A-team. Definitely not going to get the quest reward for this. Even with it being weak to Wind and even if I pumped all my FF9 characters up to L80, I don't see it happening... though that's primarily due to not having native FF9 Hastega. Snow or anyone who gets Garnet's SSB shouldn't actually have too much of a problem, because it gets declawed pretty neatly after all your mitigation is up. Too bad, too. 2 extra Major Summon Orbs would be nice after my YOLO crafting last week.

For the record, though, Twister does count as magic, so gets nulled completely by Tyro's BSSB. I don't actually know how much damage it is supposed to deal because of that.

FF12's Ultimate Hashmalum... well, I don't even remember the fight now, so that says about all I need to say. I'm actually better equipped for FF12 than I thought, and Basch can CAMB if all else fails so I'll probably do the quest challenge on this one.

U+ Gabu-Rasu was pretty scary, though, and still dealt 1400 MT damage or so with X-eh Cushion after Full Break/Power Steal/Tyro's BSSB Debuff/SRS. May have been Max HP based, come to think of it? Scary either way, and he loved to spam the crap out of it. On top of that, he loves to haste himself and gains a Counter-haste in his very weak phase. Pretty dang obnoxious. I just barely eeked out the Mastery.

The quest reward for this fight is 2 Major Dark Orbs. lol fuck no
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:00:57 PM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: March 07, 2016, 02:58:15 PM »
I saw videos on FF9's Nova Dragon and holy shit what is that scripted MT attack at the 50% mark. Still have to catch up on Gabranth.

Also, today's utterly dead as Mondays usually are. Laguna event bonus battles are landing tonight, though, and I'm trying to think of ways to make a full mage team viable there (mainly because so many of my high-end utility SBs and equips are mage-centric). If not, though, I'm likely rocking Squall/Lightning/Sazh/cleric!Yuna/Rikku for great anti-magic shenanigans.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:59:56 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: March 07, 2016, 05:07:16 PM »
Did a 50 pull to try to get Super Selphie Break, got only disappointment instead.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 07, 2016, 06:10:49 PM »
I'm seriously tempted to try an 11-pull on that banner, but it's cutting way too close to SSBfest and FFT for me to spare any Mythril and I want to maximize pulls for the big banners coming up.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: March 08, 2016, 12:47:35 AM »
Super Selphie Stick also comes up again in like every FF8 banner after, IIRC.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 08, 2016, 03:16:42 AM »
Yeah, I'm considering pulling on Squall BSB banner 2, since that one also has Edea's Hastega + Mag Up hat.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 08, 2016, 04:32:26 AM »