Author Topic: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper  (Read 149241 times)

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper
« Reply #975 on: December 09, 2015, 01:54:37 AM »
An exciting blend of Asperger's, Obssessive Compulsive Disorder, Mathematics, and jaded Liberal Arts majors.
I love you.

だって。そうなんだ。すごい、人生はね。

its ok bbe we both know you have room for both of us in you
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 09, 2015, 02:12:33 AM »
Gaped and ready, m'load.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 09, 2015, 02:23:39 AM »
Because . is that so. Wow, life I .

Thanks Google translate.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 09, 2015, 04:07:15 AM »
Because . is that so. Wow, life I .

Thanks Google translate.

To be fair there's not a whole lot of meaning in what I actually said either.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 09, 2015, 04:44:58 AM »
In other news, Shadow event is not friendly to autobattling.  Now that I have Locke I think I have every character that's been released except Warrior.  I started with Operation Miihen, when Locke event was on its last day.

Also I got Mog's second record materia in literally the first battle after I cap broke him.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #980 on: December 09, 2015, 05:37:55 AM »
100 Gem pull... oh neat, a 5 star... second Mystery Veil.
Actually that might have been the most useful draw available on the first banner for me.  Heh.

Autobattle involved Cyan and his mighty katana dragging Mog through the event, picking up allies along the way.  Now that the preliminaries are done, Terra is backing up her wayward companions to tackle the Worst Dungeon, because I foolishly did it waaaaay back for Terra's event to nab Sabin and missed the Mastery (and the Stamina within).  So if I'm going to do the god forsaken thing again, may as well get SOMETHING else accomplished.

(And yes I usually strip my party down to criminally underlevelled losers and send them screaming through the autobattle part of events to amuse myself.  Hey, it means they have a jump start on levelling on the off chance I draw their relic or something.)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:39:27 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 09, 2015, 12:10:22 PM »
Almost done with Shadow event's main battles, just Siegfried left. I beelined for Memory Crystals and got Mog's second RM almost immediately after putting him in the party. At least I now have a new healer to level until Lenna gets her MC2.

Speaking of MCs, worth noting that, besides Firion and Ingus, who were already pre-added as MCable PCs without having their MCs available, Edward is now available as well, which gives credence to the idea that their crystals will be uniformly available on the Rift of Recollection event later this month. I hope they give a few extra empty MC crystals to account for that, at least, though I doubt this will be the case. Also worth noting that all of the relic SBs released on the skipped FF2 and 3 collab events (at least the ones that weren't on the second Soul Breakfast) are now somewhere on the official wiki's database, which gives further credence that they'll be available on SSBreakfast.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 09, 2015, 12:14:00 PM »
Disciplinary Crew - Beaten, but not Mastered. I could have S/L'd for a while to try to beat it, but ultimately I forgot to change one thing in my setup from the last time I attempted the fight (Bartz did not have his Wind SB equipped, so Raijin took longer than I wanted him to.). Ideally, I can kill off Fuijin before SG/SRS wears off, then not put it back up until Raijin bites the dust if I have that equipped. Will take some luck, but frankly less luck than trying to Blitz through Zatetsuken Counter and Firaga in Seifer's weak phase. Additionally, Seifer's Weak phase increases his defense by a significant amount, meaning no matter what I do I'm gonna spend longer chipping him down than I do with the other two mooks.

Setup was basically the same as last time with some minor changes, primarily not putting Dualcast on Bartz.

Zack (R5Aera Strike, R5Bio Strike), Start Sap Damage 1.2x (VII Zack's Glove, FFT So Kai Armlet, FFT Ares Zodiac Stone)

Bartz (R4Biora Strike, R3Thundaga Strike), If: Katana, Damage 1.2x, (VII Masamune, IX Strength Ribbon [protectga SB], VII Wolf Pierce)

Terra (R4Bioga, R4Blizzaja), Dualcast BM (VI Flame Rod, VIII Ten Gallon Hat, VII Keroboros Relief)

Mog (Faith, Curaga), Mako Wish Foundation (VI Holy Lance, II White Robe, XII Dr. Cid's Glasses)

Aeris (Shellga, Curaja), Increased SB Gauge (VII Wizard Rod, VI Oath Veil, X Memory Sphere)

Stonera Skin

I mentioned it before, but was unclear because I wasn't referring to WHICH Dualcast RM was shit. Bartz simply doesn't hit close enough to the damage cap for Dualcast Spellblade to be worth it. He deals 7800 damage or so with his spellblades with the Katana damage materia, but that goes down to 6200 (less during the weak phase) with the Dualcast RM, making it need to go off 7800/1600 = 4.85 times a battle to be worth it. By contrast, Terra deals 9000 or so with dualcast, meaning it only has to go off once for it to be worth it. It may be worth looking at Devotion for Seifer's weak phase, but ewww making Terra less durable then sounds awful.

Ideal plan seems to be,

SRS/Sun Bath/Shell/Faith, target down Fuijin.
Protectga, refresh Shellga/Faith/Sunbath before SRS runs out, Fuijin should be dead or dying when this happens. 
Target down Raijin, using Bartz's Wind SB the next time his gauge fills. With luck, this happens like almost immediately. It did on the winning run anyway). Once I'm past this I'm home free, and hopefully two people healing and three people targetting weakness on Raijin should take him down, y'know.
Refresh buffs and SRS, take down Chicken Shit.
Win

Definitely wouldn't be possible without all three of my damage dealers having Bio-typed attacks, being able to target weakness on every Disciplinary Crew member is damn integral to the strategy.

Glanced at Ultima Weapon, I'll give it a couple shots but won't be too worried about finishing it.

Edit, mastered. Fight went just as planned. Seifer is still a bitch once my last srs wore off but hey I did it, that's the important thing
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:44:00 PM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 09, 2015, 05:12:39 PM »
News from JP FFRK's Niconico stream earlier: Lightning Dress Record, Serah and Cait Sith to be released between this month and the next. In particular, Cait's sprite, lolproportions aside, looks -amazing-. Zidane and Beatrix will get MC2s before the end of the year, Adult Rydia Dress Record slated for February. There'll also be a new Gysahl Greens mechanic within the daily dungeons where you can trade them for stuff, another Orbfest and Christmas freebies.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:21:48 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #984 on: December 10, 2015, 08:45:43 AM »
I don't know anything about the Christmas goodies but I want a Candy Cane Staff for Yuna and a Reindeer hat for Tidus. =]

In other I only have one more Elite dungeon before completing all content in Global. I'm excited, I've never been "caught up" before. Usually too busy farming orbs to bother with the Elites.

Just have to beat Leviathan(FF3)... Dear God. And I have basically zero FF3 synergy. Gimme a shot at Tyrfing DeNA! Or release the FF3 casts' Relics!!

I have at least a retaliator weapon for every other realm except 1-3. I know they aren't priorities due to lower popularity but come on :(

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 10, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »
Ninja skills...  Seem to be a a might underwhelming.

Ruinga and Swift Bolt both on Tyro with 258 MAG after Synergy in FF3.

Swift Bolt (which Kongbakpao lists as its multiplier being 21 and RES-ignoring) does 2400-2500 damage.
Ruinga (which Kongbakpao lists as its multiplier being only 5.9) does 4800-4900 damage.

Trap Skill?

EDIT: Well, thinking on it, it's at least full MT while being only a 3* skill, so there's that.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:43:41 PM by Magic Fanatic »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 10, 2015, 10:37:33 PM »
Tried Ultima Weapon, doesn't look like it's happening, at least not in the 25 turn limit to get Mastery. Would need a hastega RW most likely, and yeah I can't surivive without SG.

For some reason Kongbakpao hasn't uploaded anything about the Palom/Porom 凶 boss, so I guess I'll be doing that blind sometime this weekend.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 11, 2015, 03:36:29 AM »
Ninja skills...  Seem to be a a might underwhelming.

Ruinga and Swift Bolt both on Tyro with 258 MAG after Synergy in FF3.

Swift Bolt (which Kongbakpao lists as its multiplier being 21 and RES-ignoring) does 2400-2500 damage.
Ruinga (which Kongbakpao lists as its multiplier being only 5.9) does 4800-4900 damage.

Trap Skill?

EDIT: Well, thinking on it, it's at least full MT while being only a 3* skill, so there's that.

Main thing is it only counts half of your magic stat instead of the full thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3wax09/mathcraft_swift_bolt_aka_ninja_as_mage/

Good against upcoming Omega weapon battle, not so hot in other situations.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 11, 2015, 10:07:15 AM »

Main thing is it only counts half of your magic stat instead of the full thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3wax09/mathcraft_swift_bolt_aka_ninja_as_mage/

Good against upcoming Omega weapon battle, not so hot in other situations.

Oh, that's really good to know.  Thank you.

Now I see why everyone else was dreading Elite Leviathan in this dungeon update.  Got to him with almost no problem with my B-Team, but I just kept on getting plastered against the wall once I got to Leviathan himself, so...  That was 81 Stamina wasted.

Next run, I decided to take almost my entire A-team against it.

Rinoa L65 - Thundaja R3/Thundaga R4 - Devotion - Angel Wing Bolt primary
Eiko L55 - Curaga R4/Reflect R4 - Double Hit - Emerald Light Primary
Gilgamesh L64 - Draw Fire R6/Retaliate R5 - Dragoon's Determination - Morphing Time is really good for a Default SB with Drawtaliate going.
Arc L51 - Curaga R4/Shellga R1 - Concentration 2 - Healing Magic available from Circlet
Tyro L60 - Venom Buster R3/Magic Lure R2 - Planet Guardian - Virus available from Evoker's Horn
RW: Sentinel's Grimoire

If Leviathan got a turn and buffed himself before Eiko could Reflect him, that was a S/L.  If Leviathan got a turn to hit someone outside of Drawtaliate and Petrified them, that was a S/L.  If I wasn't buffed with Shellga/SG before he started throwing out Tsunamis, that was a S/L.  However, even in my winning run, a lot of things still went wrong.

Poison didn't stick on Leviathan.  Worked other times!  Just not on the winning run.
Tyro got hit by Thundaga once instead of it being reflected.  Wasn't fatal at least.
Did you know that the Virus SB can be reflected?  I didn't!
I pretty much completely ran out of offense.  I ran out of Draw Fires, Magic Lures, Retaliates, all of Rinoa's spell charges, and was pretty much relying on Gilgamesh plinking it while Rinoa blew all three charges of her Angel Wing Bolt.  Thankfully, that was enough to end it.  Only lost 3 medals on the fight, and 6 for the stage overall - still had that buffer of 1 due to losing one medal in every other stage, so that was good.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 01:24:35 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 11, 2015, 01:59:32 PM »
Been grinding last few days, because FF3 dungeons are kicking my ass due to lack of hones.  And will need hones for upcoming content also.

Also, fuck doublecast Meteor.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: December 12, 2015, 01:42:39 AM »
Did four pulls on the new banner.

Got one 5*!  It's...  Setzer's Darts.  Could be worse, but that's still pretty bad.

EDIT: I'm going to say this now: The ++ fight is absolutely pathetic.  Cloud Fira Strikes + Eiko Diagas + Terra Firagas + Y'shtola Stops + Shadow whatevers meant that this was the first ++ fight where I got all the medals.  Heck, I took 0 damage overall without a single S/L.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 02:39:14 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 12, 2015, 03:05:22 AM »
THE NEW UI IS COMING THIS SUNDAY GUYS

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 12, 2015, 03:42:53 AM »
So, +++ fight beaten in long order.

Y'shtola L65 - Curaga R4/Magic Breakdown R2 - Mako Might
Eiko L55 - Curaga R4/Shellga R2 - Prayer of the Cetra (fight would've gone a little faster if I put Double Hit on her instead)
Cloud L80 - Fira Strike R4/Retaliate R5 - Dragoon's Determination
Shadow L50 - Armor Break R2/Dismissal R3 - Planet Guardian
Terra L60 - Firaga R4/Boost R4 - Devotion

Fight would start wrong in so many ways.  One time I managed to get it to 20% before it killed Y'shtola.  Thanks to putting Planet Guardian on Shadow, the most dangerous part of the fight was the time I could have Terra get 6 reflected Firagas off on Shadow.  Shadow only Defended during that time.  But I managed to have a time where I got Stoneskin 2 and Shellga up before Tritoch's first turn, and then the rest of the fight was easier.

Just like Leviathan - oh crap ran outta Offense but with more Retaliate Charges left.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #993 on: December 12, 2015, 08:29:46 AM »
New banner, new 100 gem draw.  5 star!  Priest's Miter.   For those keeping count, yes, I just drew two 5 star relics off 100 gem pulls.  Both ended in hats for my strongest realm.  Technically this is still an upgrade in non-RS situations (I'd previously been using the witch's cap).

Point being this is completely normal for my RK experience.  This is usually how the RNG treats me.

It's fucking weird guys.

Even the boss rush wants Locke alive, so finishing the event will have to wait until after Sunday.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 12, 2015, 02:07:24 PM »
I have uber FF6 synergy (Zantetsuken, Golden Spear, Kotetsu, Mystery Veil, Royal Gownx2, lots of 3++ and 4+, also an unused Golden Shield and Kaiser Knuckles), and a native Thyrus so the bonus battles were all easy. Just one S/L on Holy Dragon because I forgot how its AI worked at first.

Looking forward to the updated AI myself, but I'm worried that it'll break the game's compatibility with Apple Voiceover. The blind man who's playing FFRK on gamefaqs is the best gaming story I've heard in years, and it'd be a real shame if that gets ruined by this. :/

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 12, 2015, 05:02:26 PM »
I think it'll be better for him, because the new Realms screen has text telling you how many dungeons you have left to clear.

Mastered Shadow event.  The era of Bartz is upon us.  Steal Power + Firaga Strike = shit dies.

Also:  NO RAGRETS

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:56:30 PM by The Daleks »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 12, 2015, 07:41:40 PM »
Wow, you even made Mug Time?

Uh... ...I suppose a slow clap is in order.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 12, 2015, 08:36:55 PM »
I think it'll be better for him, because the new Realms screen has text telling you how many dungeons you have left to clear.

Thing is, he actually downloaded the jp version to test it out before and after the UI revamp. I can't find the gamefaqs thread about his results, but here's his reddit post about it.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #998 on: December 13, 2015, 06:58:28 AM »
Woot. All regular dungeons completed! Elites and Classics!

Still have some character growth egg quests to finish up, but otherwise done with all content.

Leviathan was such a bitch. I completely forgot the Reflect strategy to stop his buffing was a thing and just took him on with Gilgamesh's Advantaliate + Eiko\Amarant's amazing soul breaks, with Cloud and Squall filling the final slots for Firaga Strike and just generally being giant stacks of stats at L80. Managed to brute-force my way through his stupid ridiculous buffs, but it was very very close and High Regen saved my ass like a thousand times.

Notably, Gilgamesh hyped up on Advance does awesome damage with his Death Claws SB, it was beautiful when it went off just as Leviathan's Protect finally wore off. Dat timing. Got full medals on turns thanks to that.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 13, 2015, 12:52:40 PM »
FF4 Misfortune boss mastered first try. Actually honed HASTE to R5 for it and it was worth it. Counter slow is too big of a pain in the butt to ignore. Barely scraped by with everyone slowed, reraise used up, and everyone DOOM'd, clutch throw stone just barely got me over the edge.

Party was

Zack (Blizara Strike, Indoor Spell), Damage 1.2x
Bartz (Thundaga Strike, Drain Strike), HP Down->Attack UP
Ramza (Magic BD, Armor BD) Katana -> Damage 1.2x
Mog (Haste, Curaga) Same as always
Aeris (Shellga, Curaja) Same as always

Not even really that hard, especially compared to the Disciplinary crew last time.

In a similar fashion, Caganazzo actually looks doable, so I guess I'll go diddle around with him a bit.