imageRegister

Author Topic: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper  (Read 149266 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper
« Reply #650 on: November 09, 2015, 10:15:46 PM »
Beat the Bonus fights in the event today; I only held off because I wanted to make full use of the Sunday Daily. 

That said, it was a pretty unremarkable set of fights; first time I didn't need to use a Mithril for any of it.  Did have to S/L a bit on King Behemoth and Earth Dragon though notable about the latter?  Almost mastered him on my first attempt, but with Pixel Rage, he pulls one last Quake off killing Y'shtola.  Sad part? if I had Y'shtola use Witchcraft instead of Fluid Aura (thinking the Storm Staff + Water Weakness would make it adequate damage; it was 3.5k, so not AWFUL at least), that'd probably have let me win that round.  Ah well, not exactly a tough fight in any event, especially compared to Alexander previously which made me rely on Draw Advantaliate cheese.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 10, 2015, 01:15:11 AM »
Ho hum. I was debating not farming Black Power today in favor of getting more mythril, then I saw that I am pretty close to R4 Firaja. Then I saw that the Divine boss is weak to Fire. Then I got two Major Black orbs in a row, netting me enough for R4 Firaja.

Well, then.

I suppose I should keep farming for R2 Meteo at the end of the month, but meh I think I'll tackle the event bosses instead and then go farm mythril.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 10, 2015, 06:32:56 AM »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 10, 2015, 08:46:54 AM »
Gordon montage for VSM:

https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/j9yt1Le.gif&v=RA06Z5e1ZFc&s=5

https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/j9yt1Le.gif&v=IH4B-NSGBdw&s=0

Needed more Zenny.

Anyway, onto #EZFF6Events. Defeated Ultros/Typhon, Wrexsoul, and Hidon. Ultros/Typhon saw me bring in losers to blitz them down with a scrub party because I could, and I did. Wrexsoul looked EZ so I decided to play around and do a kinda shitty but fun build.

Ramza (FB, Power BD)
Zack (Indoor Spell*, Drain Strike), HP Down->ATK UP
Terra (Blizzaja, Waterja)
Mog (Protectga, Ma Arise), Power of Mako RM
Aeris (Carbunkle, Blizzaga), Weakness Damage 1.2x
Planet Protector RM

All of Wrexsoul's spells were reflectable so I wanted to justify buying R2 Carbunkle a long ass time ago, basically. So, did not having any healing that wasn't an RM or SB, and watching Wrexsoul be kinda useless while I wrecked him. He did start using MT magic at the end but it didn't matter. By that point I'd seen everything, I'd seen it all.

I will say though that this is a stuuuuuuuuupid setup and only worked because of a bit of luck and the fact that I'm OP as fuck. I appreciate the info dump at Kongbakpao but whoever is writing the advice for what do against the bosses may need to reconsider their paint huffing habit. The adds have Firaga, which Wrex absorbs, and MT spells don't get reflected, why would you recommend anyone use Carbunkle. Anyone who actually needs the advice is getting really shitty advice from them.

Went srs business mode for Hidon because +++ boss, didn't lose a medal. R3 Alexander proved its worth yet again, and the age of R4 Firaja is a glorious one indeed.

Holding off on the divine boss for now simply because I'm one stamina crystal away from a refresh so it's time to dungeon some more. Probably will beat it tonight.

EDIT:

*I finally figured out what Endo Aspiru is supposed to be. Aspiru is the word the game uses for the Sap status, so it must be something like Endurance Sap. So, Life Siphon isn't exactly inaccurate... but still, in both Japanese and English, in a game with a bunch of drain spells that actually Siphon Life/Sap Endurance, they really should have picked a better name. Can't really blame the translators there, it seems.

True to form, I still prefer my translation and will continue to use it. Suck it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:51:43 AM by Makkotah »

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 10, 2015, 09:07:05 AM »
Wow. I apparently am irrationally fond of someone irrationally hated by most.

Gordon'll be in my party until I decide to give Celes a go.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 10, 2015, 09:18:14 AM »
Completed this update's Classics and did a few Elites before Tuesdaily and Wednesdaily, which will be full-time farming. Ultimate Weapon Elite is a legitimate test of hones, so I busted out the Cloudtaliate to save resources. It worked. It also drops Greater Black Orbs on the first fight, so I'll test the drop rates a bit on an off day. It -could- be more efficient than trudging through Babil for Lugae farming, though it's also more taxing. We'll see.

EDIT: VSM: Gordon is by far the worst FF2 PC in the original game and one of the worst units in RK until two weeks ago in JP. If nothing else, both your fondness and the hatred seem quite logical. <_<
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #656 on: November 10, 2015, 10:09:13 AM »

Needed more Zenny.

Why does this mashup exist? >.>;;

(I kind of love it, but it is such a weird mix...)

*I finally figured out what Endo Aspiru is supposed to be. Aspiru is the word the game uses for the Sap status, so it must be something like Endurance Sap. So, Life Siphon isn't exactly inaccurate... but still, in both Japanese and English, in a game with a bunch of drain spells that actually Siphon Life/Sap Endurance, they really should have picked a better name. Can't really blame the translators there, it seems.

True to form, I still prefer my translation and will continue to use it. Suck it.

Well, "Aspir" comes from "Aspirate" and is usually translated as Osmose. Since I don't think FFRK enemies have MP, an actual Aspir spell wouldn't make sense. Still, the end result from End Aspir is similar - the player charges one of their skill resources (a Limit instead of MP in this case though...). The game it first appears in as "End Aspir" instead of just "Aspir" is FF13, where it charged ATB meter instead of MP (again, a game without traditional MP). But only did so if the move was used to finish off an enemy, thus the 'End' part I presume.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 10, 2015, 10:21:36 AM »

Needed more Zenny.

(I kind of love it, but it is such a weird mix...)

Because life is wonderful.

Well, "Aspir" comes from "Aspirate" and is usually translated as Osmose. Since I don't think FFRK enemies have MP, an actual Aspir spell wouldn't make sense. Still, the end result from End Aspir is similar - the player charges one of their skill resources (a Limit instead of MP in this case though...). The game it first appears in as "End Aspir" instead of just "Aspir" is FF13, where it charged ATB meter instead of MP (again, a game without traditional MP). But only did so if the move was used to finish off an enemy, thus the 'End' part I presume.

Ohhhhhhh, that makes sense. Then, in that case, Life Siphon is still a pretty crappy/unclear name, though. And, an even worse sin, it's a skill taken from FF13. Ewwww.

---

Snow: What did they even buff on Gordon to make using him worthwhile? Or did they just introduce an even shittier character to take his spot?

---

EDIT: Chardarnook notes.

Weak to Fire and Holy, absorbs everything else. Goddess' statuses seem kinda scary but I shouldn't see them with proper planning and a bit of RNG luck in the first place. She'd have to have really high RES (possible!) for my 4* skills to not be dealing 9999. 8 charges of Diaga, 8 charges of Firaja, 3 of Alexander... I can expect a good 190k damage just off of that, even sans dualcast. She has... 280k. Add in Firaga, Ramza physicals...

Uh. Yeah I don't even really need to think too hard about this do I? I could probably 4 man this. Maybe bring Reflect to Reflect Zack to avoid magic counters since he can heal with Drain Blade, but yeah.

I am perfectly fine with this. Last weekend's sperg out scratched an itch I didn't know I had and not having that itch anymore means I'm glad to just be able to grind this fight under my boot and move on with mindless farming.

EDIT: OK, ridiculous defenses. I should have known this was too good to be true. Damage numbers for later planning:

Before Full Break:
Yuna Alexander: 4800 against Goddess, 6700 against Demon
Aeris Diaga: 4573 against Goddess, 6950 against Demon
Ramza Magic Break: 4800 against Goddess. 3500 against Demon
Terra Firaja: 7141 against Goddess (which provokes a counter), 5000 against Demon

After full break about 500 got added to each.

Reflecting spells doesn't negate Counter spells. Know what probably does though?

Yeah, OK, fine game. I'll do COME AT ME BRO!!! strats. Shell + Magic BD should be enough mitigation to save my ass while Scream counters get the job done.

EDIT: Nope. Will work, needs tweaking. Notes:

1. Put Holy attack materia on dual delay user so Gilgy can Reta first round. Reta attacks aren't affected by that RM so put a different one on instead.
2. Mog + Mako instead of Aeris + Mako. Need that physical mitigation for her MT attacks.
3. Swap Zack for Agrias with Shellga or Strongwater. Scream doesn't carry the fight and unbuffed retas are not so good.
4. Consider Boon/FF8Mighty Guard, FFX Megaflare, or SG, especially if I'm bringing in Strongwater. The Hastega effect is really nice but I don't really have enough magic mitigation. Mog's SB and Yuna's SB as a RW should compensate.
5. Remember to put the Strength Ribbon on Agrias for protectga, you fucking clutz.
6. Never think "Ohhh this will be so easy I don't need to think about it too hard" again. That's how you lose 6 hours worth of Mythril farming.
Bonus: If possible, time it so that Ramza shoots off Throw stone juuuust before CharDemon's fifth turn, just after an Armor BD. CharGoddess doesn't counter SBs, and has much much lower DEF.
EDIT: OK I lied I'm still continuing on this run. This current setup is not impossible just requires precise timings and some luck.
Bonus 2: At 60% HP, usually around the second time Chardanook turns into Goddess mode, is when she'll enter her weak state. Try to Throw Stone her immediately before this, you won't have another chance to take advantage of Goddess' low DEF.
7. Around the time Chardanook enters her weak state, queue up Aeris' SSB. Poltergeist is brutal even with Shell/MagBD, and this is ALWAYS where my loss get solidified.
Conclusion: Therefore, when Chardanook enters Goddess mode for the third time, don't do anything except have Ramza, then Aeris, queue up their SBs.
Addendum: DO NOT use Scream a second time until you are sure you've survived this phase. Otherwise it gets wasted and you lose the fight.
Final Edit: Nope, not happening without mitgation. Thundaja and Poltergeist are too strong. First phase is easier than the second phase, so I should save SG/SRS until that phase gets close.

(EDIT: If I ultimately lose with this setup) These tweaks should make my Come At Me Bro (with scream, hereby referred to as WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME YOU PIECE OF SHIT?) build viable. Doesn't seem like farming orbs to hone skills or manufacture new ones will really help, so at least I can farm mythril this week in peace.

Going to bed. Consider this team for the next try:

Ramza (MajBD, ArmBD)
Agrias (Strongwater, Double Hit), Protectga Ribbon
Gilgy (Come at, Me Bro)
Mog (Shellga, Curaja), Mako Power RM
Aeris (Diaga, Curaga)
SG/SRS

Losing hastega suuuuuucks but honestly she isn't threatening to kill me until she stops using 4x Attack  in favor of Thundaja so taking more time in the first phase of the fight isn't the end of the world. More importantly, it doesn't really seem to matter in the end because if I don't have SG/SRS up I die to Poltergeist, period.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:39:45 PM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 10, 2015, 11:46:55 AM »
Quote from: Zenny
Snow: What did they even buff on Gordon to make using him worthwhile? Or did they just introduce an even shittier character to take his spot?

Raised his attack from 95 to 121 at L65 along with giving him Josef-level HP and defense instead of the Vivi-tastic numbers he used to sport. This doesn't make him even particularly -good-, but at least he's usable in the front row now and has a niche (Support with decent Mind, good for status and WM buffs) besides dying to the first stiff breeze that crosses his way and having barely more front-row physical offense than Y'shtola with a dagger.

On today's farming: last run yielded a Magic Pot in all three stages, two of them being Greater Blacks. Life is fine.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:49:18 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 10, 2015, 01:14:54 PM »

It was a response to this picture where Gordon saves the day (against Seymour Flux?).  http://imgur.com/842G9UR

Working through dungeon updates.  Hill Gigas was super easy compared to Eiko event.  Didn't lose a single medal, even on Elite.  Jenova Life and Death though, holy fuck that is a lot of damage.  I got through most of them with Stop cheese, but Death elite sent me back to the drawing board.  Gonna have to go back with a lot of damage mitigation and probably two white mages.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: November 10, 2015, 01:29:32 PM »
Wow. I apparently am irrationally fond of someone irrationally hated by most.

Gordon'll be in my party until I decide to give Celes a go.

Zenny just is normally down when he knows he stands a chance.  Also he is a cheap fuck.  You know his maxim; in for a penny, in for a pound.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 10, 2015, 01:35:30 PM »
Yeah, about the Jenovas: they'll kill you if they even so much as tap your ass unmitigated (holy -shit- 4k damage Red Lights on a boss who -doubleacts-). That's honestly even true for the Cloud MC2 event as well, but feels even more amped up for the dungeons. I went full magic mitigation -along- with Stop there. Good thing they're not Break-resistant, at least, that made Full Break pretty absurd. At least you can come to Jenova DEATH pre-buffed.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 01:41:09 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #662 on: November 10, 2015, 02:42:41 PM »
Magi Master is fun. I went a full physical setup so his constant Barrier switching did nothing to hinder me. It was kind of fun trolling him with Berserk at the end so his ragequit Ultima didn't even get to go off.

Snow is of course having all the farming luck. I haven't seen a Greater Orb on Black Power day yet... And I haven't seen a Major Orb from -any- of the new dailies.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 10, 2015, 03:59:20 PM »
I only saw one Major all week. The rate's truly awful. It's just a more consistent bang for your buck on Greaters (even the rate on the non-Pot randoms seems slightly higher). If the rate keeps up for Lightning farming, I'll have the orbs for Thundaja tomorrow!

EDIT: Three Greater Blacks last run. The game's tricking me into believing I'll have R4 Blizzaja by January.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:51:10 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 10, 2015, 05:06:03 PM »
In other news, Vanille got to L65. The rate in which I cap my healers' levels is simply alarming. Guess I'll switch the Curaga/buff duties to Hope, he's only L61. At least, Lenna's on the cusp of finally getting that Memory Crystal, she was my first L50 cleric. It's been a long time since the age of Cloud/Kain/Wakka/Lenna/Vanille autobattle shenanigans.

EDIT: To Zenny, there's one question I've been meaning to ask. For the longest time, I've seen people refer to Mog's Sun Bath as Atk +30% and high regen. Does it -also- have Def Up in addition to it or are they just horrendously wrong?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 06:03:10 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Veryslightlymad

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 10, 2015, 10:10:29 PM »
Illogical love aside, I don't really think I can justify Gordon in my party after nabbing Celes, who can be both a white mage AND a spellblade which is pretty gross. It's not hard to make Celes into a really competent hybrid who can hit for slightly less than Cloud AND be my party's primary healer.

Current party is Golbez/?????/Celes/Cloud/Auron

I'm gonna experiment with different people in the ????? role. First up? Rinoa, oddly. I'm gonna try her with my Jack-O'-Lantern and some mixture of black/white/support. Then, as needed, if I really need more OOMF against a boss instead of the trash-mob cleaning Pumpkin, I'll give her an actual mage weapon. I just... kind of wish I actually OWNED any. At any rate, I'm thinking I can use her for random support shit as needed and maybe give her either Cura or maybe that new Renewing Cure ability. If I need extra elemental damage, swap either or both to spells and give her a better mage weapon.

If the Rinoa Experiment fails, next up to bat are Setzer and Wakka. And then maybe Thancred.

Veryslightlymad

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 10, 2015, 10:39:12 PM »
On an entirely different note, playing FFXII has made me think: They ought to add a "Bomb" weapon type to this game. And make them damn good weapons.

It helps a lot of the same people that machinist will help. Inevitable boring old Cid 4 could believably get explosives and I doubt anyone would bat an eye. Cid 7, same story. They could conceivably stick it on any person in FFXII that is currently somewhat weak. There's probably a few others that they could stick it on that I'm drawing a blank on.

Iunno. It makes more sense than some of the unique weapon types.

EDIT
Barret. He's terrible, too. May as well give him some explosives. They're usable items in FFVII plus some of his gun arms are rocket launchers.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:44:10 PM by Veryslightlymad »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 10, 2015, 10:51:14 PM »
Snow: Hooooooooly fuck what the hell. Goddamn my illiteracy, it is in fact ATK up.

Maybe I was just not paying attention when I was using it for mitigation... well fuck my ass. 

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 10, 2015, 11:30:50 PM »
On the bright side, now you have a much better tool for your physical meta. Also saves you the Water of Strength slot.

Veryslightlymad

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 10, 2015, 11:42:30 PM »
Rinoa experiment is a success. This gives me just a tremendous flex option while not having to change my party around all the time.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 11, 2015, 12:27:04 AM »
On the bright side, now you have a much better tool for your physical meta. Also saves you the Water of Strength slot.

Yup. Actually, this should make my build viable against Chardanook if I just add SG.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 11, 2015, 03:02:35 AM »
Last round of Black Power daily yielded three Greaters. All on the last round. No Magic Pots. Seriously, this is the bestest. Total tally for today: seven GBOs, four GPOs, IIRC. Hopefully Lightning daily will be just as good.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 11, 2015, 06:56:48 AM »
Beat Jenova Death elite.  My setup was Selphie (Shellga, Stop), Cloud (Power Break, Break Strike*), Aerith (Curaga, Protectga), Tifa (Magic Break, Pressure Point), Sephiroth (Launch, Yukikaze).  I prebuffed in the prior trash round, which is something I've never had to do in the game before.

*Yes I have a honed Break Strike.  I've been waiting for Bartz release for a very long time.  Yes I will be jizzing in my pants tonight.

MagiMaster elite was tough as well.  Very similar to Death, except less durable but no trash round to buff.  Problem is my FF6 chars are not well-leveled, so my damage sucked.  Luckily I was able to berserk him on the first action, so no barrier change.  This means he takes damage from any type of magic, so things like Trance Fira work.  Even so I was still running out of abilities at the end, mitigation was about to run out, needed a hail mary...

Setzer rolls a 6.

Sorry for the big picture but that deserves some cool fanart.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 11, 2015, 08:54:51 AM »
Chardarnook down~, Mastery get!

Ramza (ArmorBD, MagicBD), Katana Damage 1.2x
Zack (Double Hit, Dual Delay), Holy Attack
Gilgamesh (Come At Me Bro), Protectga Ribbon, Defense and Attack 1.1x, start Sap
Mog (Shellga, Curaja), Mako Power
Aeris (Diaga, Curaga), Actions Taken->Increased SB gauge

That was a tense fuckin' fight, I tell you what. Fortunately I was used to the first phase without mitigation, because without Hastega it's such a long fight that you can't afford to SG/SRS up until you're about to enter the weak phase. That last phase was absolutely brutal. I only ended up beating her before the 3rd Poltergeist attack thanks to Ramza and Zack chaining their SBs to delay his turn. Also, setting up while she was around half health was imperative. Going into the weak phase of the fight without all my buffs newly replenished lead to a couple of resets.

I was initially a little disappointed that it was yet another fight that I had to Reta Meta or Lose, but there was enough going on in the actual fight that the lack of variety in setup wiggle room more than made up for it. For once, the game had a timing gimmick that wasn't just absolutely retarded. I think that was helped by the fact that DeNA clearly defined what turns the transformation would happen on, what prompted the transformations, and made it longer than every other turn.

Welp, now it's mythril farmin til the end of the week. I already have another 15 built up, and the fall campaign should give me another 5, so another 11 pull before Celes' banner ends is a pretty strong possibility. I should also end up with somewhere around 140 Stamina, so I should stop wasting stamina while I sleep even without disrupting my sleep patterns to play. Progress!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:05:16 AM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 11, 2015, 09:26:05 AM »
Dear diary, today I found a Major Wind Orb on my first farming run. I'll probably do nothing but farming until Autobattle on the Big Bridge lands.