Register

Author Topic: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper  (Read 149253 times)

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
Re: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper
« Reply #500 on: October 30, 2015, 07:26:19 PM »
As long as we're not talking about anything

I could totally slap this on the likes of ... Terra

I guess you could say her default SB

is really

TERRA-ble

ha ha ha ha ha

Winning.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #501 on: October 31, 2015, 08:20:55 AM »
I want to point out that my statement wasn't intended to be mean or condescending. I honestly thought you might have overlooked the fact that you now have a 5* ranged weapon that one of your dedicated supports can use, which really would help out your team. If you really -do- like Gordon and want to use him, by all means. This game is difficult, but if you carefully build your team, you should be able to use just about anyone you like.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 31, 2015, 02:31:15 PM »
Hopefully we'll get the big Gordon buff in two months or so. Then he'll only be Josef-level squishy instead of bottom-tier mage PDur, so he's actually somewhat usable on the frontlines. Also 95 -> 121 atk.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 31, 2015, 03:09:15 PM »
Beat Jenova Death, then went back and champion'd life.  Both cases, I had to blow a Mithril for a bonus, because my abilities weren't quite honed high enough.  Death gave me +2 Abilities which was all I needed, Life...ok, I don't think I needed it there, but I used it anyway for insurance since I got +10% Def, and the durability push wasn't enough to make a difference here, more just managing my damage mitigation better.

So yeah, Cloud's event fully finished!  Now to abuse that last few bits of Orb Fest!  I did at least hone a Tempo Flurry to level 5.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 31, 2015, 03:22:23 PM »
Hopefully we'll get the big Gordon buff in two months or so. Then he'll only be Josef-level squishy instead of bottom-tier mage PDur, so he's actually somewhat usable on the frontlines. Also 95 -> 121 atk.

Gordon having less Attack than Rinoa and Quistis always made me feel vaguely bad for him.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 31, 2015, 08:13:22 PM »
I want to point out that my statement wasn't intended to be mean or condescending. I honestly thought you might have overlooked the fact that you now have a 5* ranged weapon that one of your dedicated supports can use, which really would help out your team. If you really -do- like Gordon and want to use him, by all means. This game is difficult, but if you carefully build your team, you should be able to use just about anyone you like.

Since it's a XIII I might use it on Wakka during the + battles, just because of synergy. I have to see what the actual bosses are/what they can do.

Really, though, the thing about using Gordon in the front is one of the only Soul Breaks I have is Auron's, which makes physical durability literally the last of all of my concerns. With Gordon in front, I get 5* support who can Curaga, cast situational black or white magic, use swords, equip one of the two "Do more damage with swords" materias I have floating around. And his default SB makes him significantly harder-hitting than anyone I have save Auron for raw physicals. And he sometimes beats HIM, too. So I get great damage, curaga, and the support abilities I learned after a while that I was honestly missing.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 31, 2015, 09:35:39 PM »
Wouldn't Cecil basically do all that better, though? I mean, I doubt you use 4* Support skills yet (given you were using Golbez for it). And uh Cecil's L50 stats are considerably better than Gordon's L65 stats...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 31, 2015, 10:54:15 PM »
Got Sephiroth to L65, which pretty much completes my involvement with Orbfest. Gone back to Hope's event, in which Lightning does 8600 damage in basic physicals to difficulty 40 mooks.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 31, 2015, 11:46:01 PM »
Cecil WOULD be better for damage/support, yeah. He lags pretty considerably on the "amount of HP healed" front, though, and... well, I can't get him to 65.

Make no mistake, unless I'm specifically trying a boss rush, my default party is gonna consist of "people I can still level" as much as possible. (I might have to keep Auron/Golbez when the time comes)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 01, 2015, 12:08:49 AM »
I'm still wondering why aren't you just running a White Mage. I'm certain there's a 4* staff you can get from mastering an early Elite dungeon somewhere around (besides the 4* Rod you can get from mastering some early FF4 elite) and you honestly don't need much else (not to mention I could master those earlygame elite dungeons when I had about as much gear as you do have now, less levels and less than half the available skillset currently. Oh, and no Record Materia). All else considered, you'd probably get over twice as much from running even -Refia- with the Evil Lantern and Y'shtola with a 4* staff than you'd get with Gordon, since the Evil Lantern has higher ATK than the Golden Sword. Zack + White Mage would also be an alternative - one with a great skillset and stat mix at that.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: November 01, 2015, 12:29:26 AM »
Orbfest final Major Orb tally: 1 Black, 1 Dark, 3 Ice, 2 Non, 3 Wind, 1 Power.

Didn't spend any mythril on stamina refreshes but I used almost all available stamina on this event (other than Cloud event during phase 2 and 3).

Would have liked more major power, but overall I'm content.  Will be in good shape once orb conversion comes around.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 01, 2015, 12:29:45 AM »
I want to point out that my statement wasn't intended to be mean or condescending.

oh yeah?  well eff that get good scrub.  back when i was as bad at you at the game and the game was actually hard instead of catering to casuals i beat this shit with uphill both ways and am literally a better person for it.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 01, 2015, 12:49:26 AM »
I have no idea how you people manage to not sound condescending ever.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 01, 2015, 01:52:26 AM »
i just go for demeaning instead.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

MC50

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 01, 2015, 04:16:00 AM »
Managed to get Cloud's MC2 - Actually the first boss rush/++ battle I attempted.

The Boss Rush was actually not bad at all, but the Jenova LIFE battle was a fair bit tougher. Still, good to know I can actually do some of those.

Got most everyone I had to 50, except cores and a couple random characters I hadn't leveled up yet like Josef and Dark Knight Cecil.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 01, 2015, 05:32:27 AM »
This last phase might as well been called greater wind phase, cause that's all I got from it!

No seriously,  I may have gotten 30 greater orbs and 25 of them were wind orbs...

I really want NE ones too...

Ah well.

Orb fest was good to me, so you shan't catch me complain.

Onto this losers event!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 07:34:34 PM by Scar »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 01, 2015, 11:12:41 AM »
Orbfest is finally over. End results were mainly honing Firaja to R4, crafting Full Break, honing Valefor to R3, maxing a few 3*s, stashing enough orbs for Blizzaja R3 and Ruinga R3, honing 3* summons high, getting close to R2 Meteor and getting all my recruits sans Knight to L50 or above. Maxed all relevant MC2 people, too. I'll likely never touch a Heroic daily again (because + dailies will come soon).

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 01, 2015, 12:44:26 PM »
The 4* Rod is from the Waterfall Cave in FF4's Elite and the 4* Staff is from the second FF7 Elite dungeon.

Both weapons are actually really good, too, I think because they're unique. At least, I've never seen another copy of them anyway.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 01, 2015, 03:57:55 PM »
Welp, got Agrias, Ramza, and Cloud to 60ish, and Garnet is at 64, so that was levelling day. The X2 event dropped on Saturday, so I spend my last handfuls of stamina clearing through those. Decided I'm not even going to lose the 60 stamina on losing to the Gigases, I'd rather just dungeon crawl and clean up mythril to maybe do a second 11 pull before the FFT banner ends next Sunday.

The game is feeling more chorelike and less fun over the last few days, so hey maybe I'll stop obsessively thinking about it all the time soon. That'd be nice.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 02, 2015, 09:20:19 AM »
Hahahaha, OK game. I say I'm getting bored of you and then you give me Ramza's Throw Stone SB bangle. I should threaten to quit the game every time I'm about to do a 50 mythril pull.

Think I'm still gonna skip all non-Black Power and Ice/NE orb farming days this week in lieu of getting enough mythril to go for a second pull. Depends on if farming any skills will help me through the FFT Divine boss.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 01:00:52 PM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 02, 2015, 02:03:17 PM »
Hope event boss rush and boss battles: lol

There's honestly little to say, really. Gross FFXIII synergy and over-reliance on physicals made the entire string a joke. Shiva was particularly sad, eating it to Draw Fire Snow taking double-digit damage post-mitigation. I still have Barthandelus' event quest to do, but that'll have to wait until I'm done with DU12's classic dungeons because I want to get FF4 over with as soon as possible. Amazing how that game consistently has the worst dungeons in FFRK. Can't say it's not faithful to its source.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #521 on: November 02, 2015, 02:04:31 PM »
FFRK JP: Did a pull on the FFX-2 banner and got Jecht's Sin Fang. Fuck yeah that is beautiful. Main team is currently Ramza, Jecht, Gilgamesh, and two whatever-I-needs. Mostly Tyro with SG and a Healer/Summoner. I managed to beat Gafgarion with my pitiful levels and get Ramza/Agrias' MC1s, but those MC2s just aren't happening at these levels.

I think I can get powerful enough before Yuna's event ends to get some MC2s there. Gotta keep clearing History dungeons for Stamina and alternate the event/daily-grinding/story progress before the time runs out. It's an interesting balancing act at these low levels.

FFRK Global: Conversely, here I'm just putting off the end of Hope's event because I'm sure I can clear it easily enough. Especially with Lv78 Cloudtaliate + Tyro w/ SG and CloudRM3 + my new stash of mage weapons, including Tellah's MP-restoring SB.

What a strange world I'm in that I could skip the Sunday EXP grind but I'm desperately running the upgrade mat dungeon to start powering up all my new toys. I also managed to pick up two more Gold Bangles (FFXIII) from the dollar-pulls, so I'm not sure whether I'll power those up or actually make a 7-star Bangle...

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 02, 2015, 02:35:57 PM »
DJ: Honestly, you should really just grind dungeons until you have 80 stamina or so. I remember my first few weeks playing, I couldn't even really afford to do daily dungeons until I had a decent stamina stash, and then had no real need of doing so until after. How much of that was a quality of life thing to assuage my Timebux OCD is left as an exercise to the reader.  If you're hellbent on the Yuna event's blank MC2, you will probably have to spend mythril.

Honestly, if you're able to get, R3Taunt/Retaliate, since you're running Gilgamesh you may be able to squeeze out Agrias' MC2 if you're willing to blow the mythril. Ramza's is probably out of your reach unless you can get Power BD AND Protectga and are willing to blow even more mythril. So, yeah, probably out of your reach.

Enough about you, more about me.

Gafgarion and Weigraf down, Ramza and Agrias' MC2s get. I'm 1000% sure that it's just the OST + Nostalgia but these fights were much more fun than FF2's. Admittedly, neither were more interesting than the Emperor, but meeeeeh I just couldn't be arsed. I did Gafgarion much earlier today. Wasn't hard and the only interesting thing about it is that one of my RWs switched to Scream and I used that instead of SG. Hoooly shit, 3 physical fighters dealing 8k~ with physicals after armor break. While hasted. That SSB be legit, yo.

Weigraf I just finished. Party was

Ramza (Power BD, Armor BD), Katana Damage 1.2x, Masamune/So Kai Armlet/FFT Bracer
Aeris (Diaga, Curaga), nothing interesting
Gilgy (Indoor Spell, Wind Jump), Protectga ribbon
Garnet (Valefor, Curaja), nothing interesting
Agrias (Come at , Drain blade), HP Down -> Damage Up, stuff

Went less for being super optimal and more for playing around with the freedom Agrias' skillset gives to see if I could beat a +++ boss like this (after all, if I lost I could just optimize and win it easily. It didn't look like a hard fight). I played around with having Ramza sing Power Song before I remembered having both of his breakdowns hit was a medal req. Fortunately Garnet's default SB is a shitty version of that so the idea was still there. Really wanted to see how well the Draw Attack + Drain Blade with the HP down->Damage up RM fared. It was no Come At Me Bro but it is waaay less boring. Gilgamesh's wind jump was mostly to see if it would hit Weigraf while he was "moved away". It did! Not nearly as good as just having a mage, but hey, science. With that, Ramza and Zack's SBs, and the free 5* ball, I now have ways to deal with that gimmick if using Terra is sub optimal.

That having been said playing around made the fight needlessly difficult and I missed the mastery. It wasn't ever overwhelming, but... Blood Suck Strats don't get around his counters, and counters aren't affected by Taunt and they always seemed to proc status at the absolute worst times. Especially annoying was when Weigraf was at <10% health and silenced my mages. :( I'll go back in srs bzns mode and get mastery EZ though. Just to guarantee mastery I'll probably just go straight Come At Me Bro strats, swap Agrias for Terra flinging dualcast -aja spells, and be booooooring. I will probably pop a bit of a chub at Gilgamesh countering Weigraf's 4x Strike attack though. Agrias tanking that then Blood Sucking didn't have nearly the same unf factor. :(

After today's luck Ramza now has a basically permanent spot on my Go Time team thanks to his burst damage and Support 5. His RM2 ain't bad either, all skills give more SB gauge. Getting him to L80 or near enough that I don't feel like I'm wasting EXP but don't have him gimped is now top priority. I'll probably run him and Garnet as a duo next Sunday. Since both he and Sephiroth compete for my Masamune Sephy is probably getting bumped more often than not for Gilgy if I need muscle.

Agrias' skillset synergizes incredibly well (Knight/Spellblade is wonderful and WM4+ is almost the best skillset in the game even with kinda crap mind. Won't be doing any healing, but definitely works for de/buffs), but I unfortunately don't have any 5* swords (almost to the point of frustration), and she can't use anything but swords and Daggers. My 5* Assassin's knife will work for now but she'd really be much better with something with a good attack score. Her niche is unique enough that she won't ever be useless but she will probably wind up always playing second string to Gilgy for the time being. Still, once I get a 5* sword I'm going on a 4* Spellblade honing spree.

Lessee... Drain Blade/Draw Attack made me briefly consider upgrading Drain Dive for Gilgy, but the reqs are all Greater Orbs that are currently in very high demand (Lightning/Wind/Dark) for me. :( Not worth it when I need Wind for basically any non-buff WM and Dark for eventual Ruinga (i really wish I hadn't gotten R3 quake. I did not know about Ruinga. I now check my other options a lot more carefully), and Lightning is getting upgraded for R2 Full Break, or possibly turned into R4 Thundaja.

FFX2 dungeons got my FF10 scrubz up to L20, so good for them. This game actually has really good music, and that has made the fights pretty enjoyable despite never playing the game. Enough so that had I still had a PS2 and time I would be kinda tempted to try it out. Fenrir liked it, after all.

Waiting on the EDIT: Velius victory videos to come out to tackle him, but he looks waaaaaaaay more doable than the Elemental Gigases, even with the adds. Worse to worst, I craft R1 Meteo finally and brute force it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:02:03 PM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 02, 2015, 05:20:05 PM »
From the videos already out (there's a couple of 'em on the FFRK subreddit), Velius is all about managing crowd control and the AoE, most of it magical in nature. The support doesn't seem that durable either.

EDIT: Also, people are insane and two-manned the Alexander boss fight. With Hope and Vanille.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdNh3g3lpy8&feature=youtu.be

EDIT2: If anyone's interested, here's the Mysidia remix used for FFRK's Halloween Celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyWyGJsfxnM
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 05:26:23 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 02, 2015, 06:21:20 PM »
So now that orb fest and the Sunday experience grinds are over...

The only characters not at 50 on my squad are fu so ya, mog, dragoon, and knight.

...maria, zell, leon, viking, and Edward are at 49 I guess.

Everyone else is 50 or higher.

Either way. I'll be glad to be finish leveling these core characters. Samurai was by far the worst so far.