Register

Author Topic: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper  (Read 149306 times)

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
Re: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper
« Reply #225 on: October 16, 2015, 10:22:18 PM »
Though I did read in japan, they gave out 25 mithril for this event for them.

For fhe most recent one, it was 50. Got Sephy's Masamune thanks to that.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 16, 2015, 10:41:43 PM »
Mog will also be good when he finally gets his damned MC. Bulkiest healier by far and only 3 less mind at 65 than Garnet.

Well technically Cecil is bulkiest healer now!

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2015, 10:01:39 AM »
Finally cleared the Touched by Me event.

Party for Wrexsoul was as such:

Terra L24 with Waterja R3/Blizzaga R2
Y'shtola L57 with Curaga R3/Shellga R1 + Concentration 2
Auron L51 with Yukikaze R1/Retaliate R4 + Self-Sacrifice
Thancred L55 with Tempo Flurry R5/Boost R1 + Double Hit
Cyan L24 with Double Cut R3/Iai Strike R1

Three Stooges were a pain in the ass.  Took me two separate tries - sadly, CK's Balthier wasn't enough this time around, even though it was a novel idea (didn't even have to reroll for it!) so I went with a generic SG.  That plus Shellga actually ensured that my characters stayed alive.

Wrexsoul was a real pain...  Until I noticed that the Empowered Souls can be ID'd, and the boss can't possess anyone if his support is dead.  Cue S/Ling while I tried to Iai Strike at least one of them while I blitzed down the other with RetaMeta and PP as my RW.  After that fight...  It's only 30%, but it's attached to a skill that's only 3*, so that got honed up to R2 right after the fight.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2015, 10:17:56 AM »
Woo, while farming a Greater Ice Orb dropped saving me something like another 100 stamina. Gonna get the FF9 characters with the rest of my stamina today, maybe give Adel another shot now that I can stack Magic Breakdown with Full Break.

EDIT: Tried Adel again. Still going through it, think I have a legit shot now that I have full break.

Team:

Terra (Magic Breakdown, Armor Breakdown)
Faris (Full Break, Tempo Flurry), Start: Haste
Seph (Indoor Spell, Reta),
Yuna (Shell, Curaja)
Aeris (Strongwater, Curaga)
RW: Sentinel Grimoire

Still getting walled at the same place, but now I feel like I can tackle that. Basically, at the start of her second phase, all breaks wear off on her (only noticed this because she entered her next phase in the middle of two reta counters and the damage reduction was instantaneous) and she starts charging for Ultima on her next turn. So basically surviving this is a matter of saving up Terra and Faris' ATB for right when she enters the phase, hitting her with magic/full break, then defending ASAP. I'll probably also hold off on getting SG up until she's about to enter that phase.

If this doesn't work, backup plan is get Reraise up before Part 2 and hope for the best.

Also, considering she apparently has a very weak phase as well, I suspect the same nonsense will be happening there, as such I shouldn't open with Full Break and should save that for part 3.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 01:38:12 PM by Makkotah »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2015, 02:09:41 PM »
Three Dream Stooges are overtuned as fuck.  One of them hit for over 6000 damage.  I've never seen anything in the game hit that hard, not even +++ bosses.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2015, 02:38:28 PM »
I used Runic for the stooges and Carbuncle for Wrexsoul. Don't think I healed even once in either fight.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2015, 02:54:10 PM »
I somehow had so much FF6 synergy that literally every piece of equipment AND character I brought to that Stooges fight was glowing blue. It was a nice change from the usual "get facerolled at all the stuff Snow keeps claiming is easy".

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2015, 03:31:38 PM »
Welp, giving up on that party setup against Adel. I can consistently get to phase three but by that point my dual delay (my main source of damage) and healing are both spent and there's not a whole lot I can do. Oh well, someday I'll take down a Divine boss. That day is not today, however.

Sunday daily drops in a half hour. If can potentially get Zack up to 65, slap Drain Sword on him to take a load off of my healers, and with his SSB I'd have more damage... But the outcome still does not look likely. I don't have the resources for more Indoor Spells but yeah.

Now, thinking about Mage setups, I could potentially go back to my original plan but tweaked. Drain is not particularly threatening with proper mitigation up, and I would definitely need to remove dispel in order to have enough damage to get by. I might spend mythril on a stamina refresh after I spend it all on my first round of Sunday grinding to get damage numbers after that to math out if I would have enough damage, but eeeeeh if I don't have enough damage then it would all be a wash anyway.

What I can do is find out how much minimum damage I would need per spell charge to succeed. Let's take a look at that.

Assuming a team of

Terra (Waterja, Dispel)
Kefka (Thundaga, Mana's Praen)
Faris (FB, MagBD)
Yuna (Diaga, Curaja)
Aeris (Shell, Curaga)

That would give me a total of 8+8+6=22 spell charges, so my minimum damage would have to be 288000/22 = 13090... I would need to hit the damage cap every time, use all of my charges for that to work It could work, especially since Faris deals about 2k a hit and 3k with a break. If I skip buffing, and throw Firaja on Kefka, that gives me 6 more charges to work with, making my minimum damage... still over the damage cap (10285), and honestly it would also take 6 more turns which I'm not sure I can manage without getting overwhelmed, and certainly will leave me with time with SG not up, meaning Drain will actually be an issue I have to deal with.

Nope, not happening. Oh well.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:26:22 PM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2015, 04:14:07 PM »
Oh come on, DJ, when was the last time you got slaughtered by a fight I thought was easy?

Welp, giving up on Adel. I can consistently get to phase three but by that point my damage and healing are both spent and there's not a whole lot I can do. Oh well, someday I'll take down a Divine boss. That day is not today, however.

It'll happen eventually. Given how far you can make it at this point, it probably ain't far.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 17, 2015, 04:30:44 PM »
No, not far at all. I'd say a couple months, max. Honestly considering that taking down +++ fights isn't even really an issue anymore, once I get to the point when I can farm those consistently (uh, depending on their Major orb drop rates) my progress should speed up quite a bit.

EDIT: Wait I'm being dumb. 40 stamina for at most 1 orb vs. 30 stamina for an average of 1 Greater orb drop... the new EX+ Dailies would still be faster. Still yeah Japan has entered a post-orb scarcity orb economy so my progress should be quite expedient.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:33:24 PM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 17, 2015, 08:33:39 PM »
Today's pretty empty. Currently farming NE orbs. Honed Pound to R4. The orbfest should grant me enough GLOs to let me hone Dismissal to R4.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #236 on: October 18, 2015, 03:59:46 AM »
Terra's bonus battles are up. I went into the boss rush but forgot to bring Shellga. Do not make my 60-stamina-wasting mistake :(

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 18, 2015, 06:04:55 AM »
So.  Running my standard Black Mage/Y'shtola/Cloud/Thancred/Yuna team.

Beat the boss rush without much incident.

Terra L26->27 (leveled mid-rush) with Waterga R3/Firaga R4
Y'shtola L57 with Curaga R3/Shellga R1
Cloud L65 with Iai Strike R2/Retaliate R4
Thancred L56 with Tempo Flurry R5/Boost R1
Yuna L54->L55 with Curaga R2/Shiva R1
RW: Sentinel's Grimoire

Gunship took a few reloads, but was simple enough once all my defensive measures were up.  RW use one.
Deathgaze never cast Death.  One-shot.
Stooges took one reload due to bad ATB RNG, but died quickly.  RW use two.
Wrexsoul...  I was worried about this one.  Took 3 S/Ls...  But on the last try, Iai Strike procced on both the Empowered Souls, and then the rest of the fight was cake with all my defensive measures up.

The ++ fight took me a few S/Ls due to bad starting RNG for ATB, but it really wasn't that hard.  Just took in the same party as the boss rush with all the same skills (should've swapped out Shiva for something more effective on Yuna, like Diaga or something) and still managed a win.

Now I'm out of Stamina, but I'm wondering if I'll be able to handle the +++ fight...  Eh, maybe.  Also tempted to wait until after Sunday, and after I get Terra to a higher level than 27.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:13:59 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 18, 2015, 06:08:09 AM »
The +++ fight is very simple due to being so heavily compartimentalized. Honestly, the most complicated part of the bonus was the boss rush, since it takes some tinkering to spoil the latter half while still managing the former half efficiently. It does mark my first full mastery bonus battle run, at least.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 18, 2015, 06:15:47 AM »
Either way, +++ fights have me nervous after fights like Belias and Sanctuary Keeper.

Also edited in the team I used for both the + and ++ fights.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 18, 2015, 06:22:50 AM »
Fire and Ice Dragons are very simple. Bring two up-to-date BMs with Firaga-ja and Waterga-ja at a decently honed level, Magic Break/Down, Shellga, SG/SSII and rake in the damage. They're definitely not on the level of Belias, let alone Sanctuary Keeper. I -would- bring Terra to the Sundaily, though, she's a liablity at L27.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 18, 2015, 06:53:31 AM »
I was with someone at the ER, and downloaded RK to deal with the 6 hour process. I recruited Kain (whoppee) and Cloud. Not really planning on playing except at places I don't bring a PSP, but hey, it was a great time killer for the hospital. I got a 5 star FF 12 knife on the game starting, which trivialized what I played. I don't know if you always get a 5 star at the start, so maybe it wasn't that big a deal.
...into the nightfall.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 18, 2015, 07:21:30 AM »
Think it's guaranteed now, and from a small pool (Danjuro, Blitz Sword, idk what else).

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 18, 2015, 07:42:30 AM »
Oh man, I'm missing out on some quality e-peen measuring. Let me just pull mine out, aaaaaaand...

7*: SOLDIER Sword++

6*: Butterfly Edge+
Lominsan Bow+
Thornlet++

5*: Shark
Yoshimitsu
Zantetsuken
Runeblade
Soldier's Sabre
Buster Sword (VII-CC)
Heat Lance
Empyrean Rod+
Healing Rod
Magus Rod
Royal Crown+
Mystery Veil
Keepsake Ribbon
Circlet
Defense Veil
Ninja Chainmail
Rune Armlet++
Gauntlets (shh, these count)

4*: Bunch of accessories, so whatevs.

So basically, I have enough stuff that I can pull off a mediocre mage-meta (better now that I just got the Runeblade), but am quite sold on the reta-meta. Well, for now.

As for updates, I've completed most of the regular dungeon content, and all but the +/++/+++ for Terra's event

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #244 on: October 18, 2015, 01:53:55 PM »
I just did some more pulls on the Terra banner because, y'know, Terra is my favorite character and all. I've done a total of like 6 pulls on this banner.

I have gotten two character-specific relics and a shared SB relic. Yet somehow I still doubt I'll ever use these things.

Edgar's Partisan
Sabin's Kaiser Knuckles
Mirage Vest w/ shared SB single-target Image (exceptionally useless when I have Aerith's MT version...)

I mean, more 5-stars is great, but I feel kind of trolled by RNJesus. At least the Figaro Brothers are in my top ten of favorite characters, but they really aren't helping my party strength if I'm being honest. Still, a new 5-star fist weapon means super-viable Monks! Time for Snow, Tifa, Galuf, and Zell to shine! (on dailies)

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 18, 2015, 02:11:08 PM »
yeaaah I mean it could be worse

you could have gotten kimarhi's spear instead of Edgar's

And edgar will have 5* Engineering.... in like, uh, long-enough-for-you-to-be-sick-of-the-game months from now.

---

Got Seph, Gilgy, Yuna, and Aeris up to 79-80, and Freya, Garnet, Zack, and Joseph up to Level 49 on today's daily so far and should have them at 50 before the day ends since I'm gonna spend a couple mythril for Stamina refreshes. Unfortunately Joseph's RM2 requires me to go through more FF2 dungeons to proc it, so grinding for that will have to wait until...... uh, Thursday or Friday. Or longer, depending on how the Divine fight for Garnet's event is looking. Like, if that Double Hit is going to up my reta game enough to blitz through the fight then sure, but otherwise that's pretty low priority. I'd much rather go through the 14 (...ugh) more story dungeons I have to slog through to get Fran's MC1 so I can get her on her way to level 80 for a MC2-broken Support 5 character.

They're also apparently restarting all the quests in November, so I got Sazh up to 40 or so for the free mythril at 50. I mean, who else am I going to level up from that game? Hope? Snow? lol fuck that. If I got an SSB for one of them then sure but until then that game sucks and I don't care.

Garnet's event is mostly done too, just the two fights that don't net me MCs plus the bonus fights when they drop, so back to spending almost all of my stamina on farming until Thursday.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 18, 2015, 02:46:54 PM »
Finished Terra's event.  Used the same party throughout, just swapped out a few abilities.  Selphie, Balthier, Vivi, Terra, Tifa.  Tifa was strictly there to Pressure Point the Soul Savers, and used for Magic and Power breaking the next fights.

I had a little more trouble with

than other people are reporting, mainly due to Frost Dragon being a bitch before mitigation is up.  Really can't wait for Cloud's new RM, because an extra shot of MT healing at the beginning of a fight is going to make things ever so easy.

Oh, forgot to mention that I crafted Holy and Barrage.  So I only need Flare Strike to have all quests completed.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:18:15 PM by The Daleks »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #247 on: October 18, 2015, 03:51:57 PM »
If you have Flare, then does that mean you passed up Meteor?

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 18, 2015, 05:18:15 PM »
Grinding experience with mage today.

Terra lv 57
Rina lv 53
The ff14 chick lv 53
Dagger lv 61
And ashe lv 51

Seeing as how I normally use physical fighters on sunday, this was my 1st all mage party.

It's going a lot more smooth then I thought!

I might use these chick's in stages and see how it goes.

Looking forward to that orb dungeon tonight, but I might start it Monday.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2015, 07:23:05 PM »
Sundaily results so far: level-capped Arc, Loserface is L60, Terra is L56, Ashe is L59, Vaan is L55. Now, to leave the game idling until Orbtoberfest sweeps in.