Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 9~  (Read 4261 times)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 9~
« on: April 02, 2009, 02:15:45 AM »
Since Putfile has been non-functional for a couple days now, for pools 9 and 10 I am trying Lance's suggestion and using imeem instead.  Note that if you just click the link and let the songs play it will switch you to a different song when it finishes.  If you want to avoid this, there will be a checkbox near the player on the page marked auto suggest, uncheck that box and when the song ends you'll stay on the same page.  If there are any problems with imeem please let me know.  Pools 9 and 10 will close at midnight EST, Wednesday, April 8.

EDIT: I have replaced the link to Premonition to avoid the login issue, if anyone sees another link that requests a login to listen please let me know and I'll fix those too.  I wasn't able to get Parade working through imeem but I put in a link to download just that song if the rest are working for you and you don't want to download the whole pool for just one song. 

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Side Battle (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) vs. Someday (The World Ends with You)
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Premonition (Final Fantasy VIII)
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The Galaxy Public Corporation (Rogue Galaxy)
The True Mirror (Baten Kaitos) vs. Laughter (Phantasy Star IV)
Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI)
Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Underwater Lab (Within a Deep Forest)
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Kazenone (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles)
Ode to Laharl (Disgaea) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki)

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. Dandy Richmond (Suikoden 2)

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho (Kanon)
Parade (Paprika) vs. Do You Remember Love? (Macross Plus)

All of the songs can also be downloaded from http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=715379257.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 05:59:05 AM by Yakumo »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 9~
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 03:24:47 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Side Battle (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) vs. Someday (The World Ends with You): Explain me what is just and whaaat is riii-ght~ - oh, japanese version. Well, whatever, still better.
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Premonition (Final Fantasy VIII): My kind of dramatic.
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The Galaxy Public Corporation (Rogue Galaxy)
The True Mirror (Baten Kaitos) vs. Laughter (Phantsy Star IV): I guess Laughter is one of those things you must have experienced yourself since it keeps coming up for some reason.
Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI): Not Mass Destruction.
Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Underwater Lab (Within a Deep Forest): Easy.
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Kazenone (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles): MOST CERTAINLY NOT STILL ALIVE.
Ode to Laharl (Disgaea) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki): Hmm. More interesting, at least? I'll buy another round to think about this track.

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. Dandy Richmond (Suikoden 2): Why are either of these in failure? No you are the failures! That said the airship music can be a bit grating outside the game.

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho (Kanon): Standard issue Kajiura > generisugar.
Parade (Paprika) vs. Do You Remember Love? (Macross Plus): Boring sugar > ohgodwhatwhyhow EDIT: Okay, this track isn't as much of a mess.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 02:09:29 AM by Tonfa »
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 05:01:36 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Side Battle (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) vs. Someday (The World Ends with You)
- Eh.

Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Premonition (Final Fantasy VIII)
- Meh.

- Oh hey, finally some tracks to care about!

The True Mirror (Baten Kaitos) vs. Laughter (Phantsy Star IV)
- Back to meh.

- Not Mass Destruction.

Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Underwater Lab (Within a Deep Forest)
- Meh.

- Never been a fan of Kazenone (or any of Yae's songs really).

- Yeah.

FAILURE BRACKET
- Sure.

ANIME
- Kanon has more Sayuri and is thus better.

- I kind of like both of these.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:32:13 PM by Talaysen »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 05:02:44 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Ode to Laharl (Disgaea) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki)- Well, Tibet is definitely interesting but Laharl makes me smile, so... whatever.

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. Dandy Richmond (Suikoden 2)- Both are more... quirky than bad.  Airship song wears thin after a while though.

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:08:41 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 05:30:19 AM »
Battle with the Four Fiends - Premonition, like most FF8 music, sucks.

Sphere Hunter Seagull Group - What the hell, Dandy Richmond is good. You people suck.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 05:59:15 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Side Battle (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) vs. Someday (The World Ends with You) - Eh.

Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Premonition (Final Fantasy VIII) - Premonition is alright.  Fiends, on the other hand, is not.

The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The Galaxy Public Corporation (Rogue Galaxy) - Good match, this.

The True Mirror (Baten Kaitos) vs. Laughter (Phantsy Star IV) - Oh hey generic Sakuraba vs. Genesis sound quality.  Just what this tournament needed.

Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) - It's been said.

Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Underwater Lab (Within a Deep Forest) - Sure, I'll go with this.

Still Alive (Portal) vs. Kazenone (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - Eh.

Ode to Laharl (Disgaea) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki) - Matchup of meh.

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. Dandy Richmond (Suikoden 2) - Mass Destruction should be here instead of Dandy Richmond.

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho (Kanon) - Eh.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 02:46:52 PM »
Only because I said I would over Skype. ONLY BECAUSE.

MAIN TOURNAMENT

Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) - Uhuh

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho (Kanon) - I like both songs, but I'm more attached to the latter. And kinda apathetic for Madlax. AS BLASPHEMOUS AS THIS SOUNDS.
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 02:49:10 PM »
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Premonition (Final Fantasy VIII) - Only one I can vote on. Definitely the better in my opinion, although both are amazing tracks, IIRC. FFIV just has some of my favourite games tracks ever, and this one's included in that.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 03:41:08 PM »
Oh, minor naming error.  While the correct, nommed track is being used (The True Mirror -Guitar Version-), it's labelled as simply The True Mirror here on the forums.  Though probably not a huge issue, thought it should be pointed out though.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 05:15:35 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 06:09:43 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Side Battle (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) vs. Someday (The World Ends with You): Match of meh.
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Premonition (Final Fantasy VIII): Always enjoyed both of these, but it's hard not to go with the classic. Four Fiends was the first time I remember really being impressed with videogame music.
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The Galaxy Public Corporation (Rogue Galaxy): Fountain of Dreams is super fun.
The True Mirror (Baten Kaitos) vs. Laughter (Phantsy Star IV): Genesis synth be damned, it works.
Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI): Why is Mass Destruction not in the failure bracket? Oh, right, Kappa.
Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Underwater Lab (Within a Deep Forest): A favorite. Underwater Lab is a good atmospheric piece, but it's not enough.
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Kazenone (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles): Kazenone is good but Still Alive is godlike.
Ode to Laharl (Disgaea) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki): Eh, sure. Ode to Laharl is amusing, but this is kind of pretty.

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. Dandy Richmond (Suikoden 2): Dandy Richmond is at least trying to ape the whole private-eye-theme schtick and accomplishes it. X-2 song is just synthetic glop.

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho (Kanon): Kajiura hype is go.
Parade (Paprika) vs. Do You Remember Love? (Macross Plus): Macross song is just mush.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 12:47:22 AM »
Ah, a blissful return to quality in this pool.  Premonition, Four Fiends, and Dancing Mad are some of Uematu's greatest hits.  The True Mirror, Fountain of Dreams, and Madlax are also excellent.  Astaroth, Underwater Lab, Galaxy Public Corporation, and Still Alive are all properly quirky and good in their own ways, too.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Side Battle (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) vs. Someday (The World Ends with You) - Generic trumpet "we won" vs. generic rock.  Blah.  Neither is BAD, but it's hard to care here.
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Premonition (Final Fantasy VIII) - Wow.  Epic.  I, too, found Battle with the Four Fiends one of the first truly awesome pieces of video game music that made me take note....  but Premonition is god tier and has the benefit of being longer with better sound quality.
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The Galaxy Public Corporation (Rogue Galaxy) - Fountain of Dreams was a good pick, probably the best SSBM piece.  Galaxy Public Corporation is good, but going with the more active piece.
The True Mirror (Baten Kaitos) vs. Laughter (Phantsy Star IV) - Laughter is decent, but True Mirror is awesome.
Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) - Damn you, Mass Destruction, traitor to the glorious Left Side.
Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Underwater Lab (Within a Deep Forest) - Astaroth is weirder than usual for SH2, but all-in-all pretty dang good.  Underwater Lab is also shockingly good, though a bit short.  I'll have to think on this one, but tentatively leaning Astaroth.
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Kazenone (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - Truly exceptional in the tragically small field of cheerful dead-AI music.  (In fairness Kazenone is pretty.)
Ode to Laharl (Disgaea) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki) - Taku Iwasaki did that?  Man, he was slumming it to work on Cho Aniki, I've liked his other work.  Um...  I don't like either one, though they're both technically competent.  Coinflip.

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. Dandy Richmond (Suikoden 2) - Eh, Dandy Richmond definitely qualifies as a failure to me, though I see what they were going for.  It should also be noted that there's a truly awful Engrishy remix of Dandy Richmond on one of those Suikoden arranged albums.  That said...  the Gullwings fail it up more here, definitely.  Random mush indeed.

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho (Kanon) - Madlax is good, Kanon piece is whatever.
Parade (Paprika) vs. Do You Remember Love? (Macross Plus) - Parade...  doesn't actually fail, like I kind of expected, but it is too long.  That said weird beats sappy and boring.  (Insert snappy comment about forgetting "Do you Remember Love" here.)

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 12:59:28 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 04:06:44 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Side Battle (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) vs. Someday (The World Ends with You) - ...don't really like either.
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The Galaxy Public Corporation (Rogue Galaxy) - One of the few high points of RG's soundtrack.
The True Mirror (Baten Kaitos) vs. Laughter (Phantasy Star IV) - Aw man, I like both of these. Curses.

Still Alive (Portal) vs. Kazenone (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - Tempted to vote for Still Alive for the humor value, but...nah. Kazenone is just too pretty.
Ode to Laharl (Disgaea) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki) - And speaking of pretty tracks!

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Parade (Paprika) vs. Do You Remember Love? (Macross Plus) - If nothing else, Parade is intriguing.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 04:01:05 AM »
Side Battle (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) vs. Someday (The World Ends with You) - Very, very not close.
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Premonition (Final Fantasy VIII) - Eh, in an FF8 mood today.
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The Galaxy Public Corporation (Rogue Galaxy) - It's just such a wonderful remix, especially with the genre swap.
The True Mirror (Baten Kaitos) vs. Laughter (Phantsy Star IV) - I do like those Phantasy Star synths.  Seem much better at getting energy and urgancy across than more refined instruments.
Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) - Why is this not in the failure column?
Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Underwater Lab (Within a Deep Forest) - All I can remember of these two is that I liked Astaroth more, but not by much.
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Kazenone (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - Still Alive is oh so much fun.
Ode to Laharl (Disgaea) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki) - Man, how does that work again?!

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. Dandy Richmond (Suikoden 2) - dandy Richmond is good stuff.

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho (Kanon) - Left side love?
Parade (Paprika) vs. Do You Remember Love? (Macross Plus) - Left side love!

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 06:22:11 AM »

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »
Side Battle vs. Someday - Inferior Light & Dark versus inferior Someday. I think Someday wins this despite the language deficiency.
Battle with the Four Fiends vs. Premonition - Oh boy match of lame wherein I end up voting for Fiends of all things. Tsk.
The Fountain of Dreams vs. The Galaxy Public Corporation - Both nice in general. Fountain dips into less so territory more than Galaxy however and it's also overly long.
The True Mirror vs. Laughter - The inferior guitar version of True Mirror is still a pretty natty tune. I am struggling to find anything that recommends Laughter. And now I want to replay Baten Kaitos more than I normally do.
Mass Destruction vs. Dancing Mad 4 - Mass Destruction... is a pop song from a decade ago... The version of Dancing it's up against may be declawed, but it's still aeons ahead.
Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel vs. Underwater Lab - Astaroth would have been approaching good if it didn't have the singing. As it is Lab takes this match.
Still Alive vs. Kazenone - Kazenone is nice. It's not enough. I need to play Portal some time.
Ode to Laharl vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ - These are both pretty pathetic. Going with Tibet because it doesn't have mehish vocals.

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group vs. Dandy Richmond - Can someone explain to me on what is wrong with Sphere here?

ANIME
Madlax vs. Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho - Both decent. Wind's vocals don't overpower the music though, although it could be argued that they're too soft.
Parade vs. Do You Remember Love? - Parade has a certain sort of style, but it's not one I care for. DYRL is probably the paramount music from all of Macross. I am uncertain why it has the Macross Plus moniker attached to it here; Plus wishes that any component of it could have reached even half the quality. I can only assume that they included DYRL on some Plus discs so that people would actually buy them.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 06:37:06 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Side Battle (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) vs. Someday (The World Ends with You) - Not a huge fan of vocals I can't understand.
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Premonition (Final Fantasy VIII) - Premonition is good after the build up, but the build up kills it against Four Feinds
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The Galaxy Public Corporation (Rogue Galaxy) - Sure.
The True Mirror (Baten Kaitos) vs. Laughter (Phantasy Star IV) - Easy.
Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) - Hey, I like Mass Destruction! Dancing Mad is likely better, but it's going to win anyway so I have no issues throwing a song I like an underdog vote.
Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Underwater Lab (Within a Deep Forest) - Underwater Lab is neat, Astaroth is a bit better.
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Kazenone (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - Still Alive is hilarious.
Ode to Laharl (Disgaea) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki) - IMO, if any song up here belongs in Failure, it's Ode to Laharl. Argh my ears.

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. Dandy Richmond (Suikoden 2) - Neither of these are really fail. Seagull fits better with my current upbeat mood so Richmond gets the vote.

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho (Kanon) - Sure.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 09:45:03 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Side Battle (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) vs. Someday (The World Ends with You) - FE and music
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Premonition (Final Fantasy VIII) - Classic sometimes wins
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The Galaxy Public Corporation (Rogue Galaxy) - More Kirby
The True Mirror (Baten Kaitos) vs. Laughter (Phantasy Star IV) - Laughter is causing laughing~
Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) - Right here shadow 10 o'clock direction~
Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Underwater Lab (Within a Deep Forest) - Is associated with the Glass Ball~
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Kazenone (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - And the science gets done~, and you make a neat gun~
Ode to Laharl (Disgaea) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki) - Cho Aniki is always superior

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. Dandy Richmond (Suikoden 2) - I detect unbalance~

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:57:03 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 04:39:35 AM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 05:02:07 AM »
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Premonition (Final Fantasy VIII)- Monumental blowout slaughterfest.
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The Galaxy Public Corporation (Rogue Galaxy)- Really enjoyed this one.
Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI)- i ... i.......................................whatamifightingfor
Ode to Laharl (Disgaea) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki)- Other one takes way too long to get cool.

FAILURE BRACKET
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 03:06:39 AM »
Side Battle (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) vs. Someday (The World Ends with You) - Both tracks are good, but Someday is by far the better one.

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. Dandy Richmond (Suikoden 2) - The cheesiness kills me.

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 04:49:16 AM »
There are approximately 24 hours left until pools 9 and 10 close, get your votes in soon if you haven't already!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 07:23:05 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »
Listened to Someday just so I could vote on that match. (One of my noms is in a tiebreak situation at the moment, so... yeah.)

Side Battle (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) vs. Someday (The World Ends with You) - So yeah, I like Someday's style, but lyrics... ugh. Side Battle, on the other hand, is just that optimistic almost-cheese that I love so much. (I was the one who nommed both Metal Harbour and Live & Learn as well. ^^)