Author Topic: What games are you playing 2014?  (Read 183441 times)

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
Re: What games are you playing 2014?
« Reply #1075 on: April 20, 2014, 11:33:10 PM »
Greatswords feel like they have a better swing speed than in DS1. 

ALSO I finally remembered to say this, but beneath your equipped weapons in your lower-left menu is a red bar indicating durability.  MINOR QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENT!

I also threw on the King's set for my Throne sitting, for STYLE you see.  Even an entire playthroughs worth of Twinkling Titanite couldn't fully upgrade the King's Set though.  Four off.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 21, 2014, 12:47:43 AM »
Everything cool takes Twinkling Titanite sadly.  I'm rocking the Bone King set myself.

Marvel Heroes:  I am playing the Human Torch because that is the only Fantastic Four character available from the outset.  I cause extreme property damage.  Also my boots summon N'Garai demons.  I choose to believe this is canon.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #1077 on: April 21, 2014, 01:57:37 AM »
Human Torch is great all the way through. Thing is probably the worst character so don't get him. Sue Richards is due out in a week or two though.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 21, 2014, 02:42:07 AM »
Greatswords feel like they have a better swing speed than in DS1.

All heavy weapons have better swing speed than they did in DS1. Which is cool because they're a lot more viable now rather than basically fucking you over any time you miss a hit. And the scarcity of twinkling titanite is really frustrating in a normal run. Everything I want to wear demands that stuff!

Yatta Dark Souls?  Because I didn't link any DS2 videos and the video for DS2 I did want to link I kept forgetting.  But here it is, how to find the pickaxe!

EDIT: Fenrir posted the Mockthrough.

Oh right. Look, you're both crazy people whose names start with F. You perceive my confusion, yes?

As for that video, how in the world anyone thinks to do stuff like that is beyond me. (I probably would never even have noticed Logan existed in DS1 if I hadn't been told.)

Anyway, Pugilism Souls completed:

-Castle is nothing special.

-Shrine of Amana actually wasn't too bad? You can run right up to the lizard dudes and punch them out before they're able to rise to an attack position. Priestesses are a pain in tandem with anything else but easily dodged when there's just one. Priestess + archdrake jerks was tough but manageable (one death). As for the giant mushroom dude physically blocking the tunnel to the boss cavern and spamming equip-breaking gas...well, I just walked up without weapons or rings equipped and wore it down barehanded. For all that those soldier ant mandibles it's got look pretty fearsome, it turns out that it will never, ever do anything with them.

But the lead-up to the boss room, oh my god you guys. That is just the worst. The worst! Two priestesses immediately sniping at you, potentially a third if you go after them in melee, maneuvering towards any of the priestesses inevitably aggros lizard dudes, go out far enough and jerkass hexer invasion happens BLERRRGH. I immediately resigned myself to just running straight through to the boss, and even this took a good half a dozen tries. Fortunately, Demon of Song was a joke. Hits like a truck, but it's easy to work around attacks so clearly telegraphed. Wait 'til she flails each of her arms then run in to punch her in the face. That's it.

-Corridor leading to Velstadt is still fucking horrible. And I had to run it three times because fucking Velstadt. And on the first failed attempt he had only an invisible sliver of health left when I died! This was especially frustrating because the prime difficulty of the fight was just that the caestus can't reliably hit him unless you punch him in the leg from just the right angle as he's leaning the opposite direction.

-Guardian Dragon is just oh great another boss I can't reliably hit when I'm goddamn right under him. No-damage fight anyway. And I ran past most of the Aerie and Dragon Shrine enemies.

-Royal Rat Authority deaths = possibly as many as every other boss in the game combined. Aw god why did I even do this. Caestus can't reliably hit the little rats and toxic is basically guaranteed death (and it's here that I discover how little status resistance is really worth, Poisonbite Ring = one hit does like 75% of poison bar instead of like 85%. WOO FUCKING HOO). I actually broke down and tried bringing bombs, but most kinds I had couldn't actually OHKO the goons and I was too lazy to go and get more black firebombs (they tend to dodge bombs anyway). So lots of dodging, lots of RRA knocking his friends around and me hoping they stay down long enough for me to punch them out one by one. This was horrible. It was with great relish that I ate his soul (with some fava beans and a nice chianti).

-I pretty much immediately gave up against dynamic duo and called in a hexer to nuke them for me (this is the only time I summoned anyone this run). Caestus can't even fucking hit Throne Defender. And as is often the case, after the string of endgame dungeons I kind of just want DS2 to be over with. Everything post-Dragon Shrine is just so anticlimactic! It's more disappointing every time. Died twice vs final boss due to being impatient/not paying adequate attention to curse beacons and then that's a wrap. All told took me half as long as the caster runs (and that's supposed to easy mode!) That's just crazy! So yeah, viable unarmed fighting in a Souls game, I am happy about this (aside from occasional targeting bullshit).

If I ever run that character through NG+, I will probably take her full 180 for shits and giggles and run dual Avelyns. I guess back to sorcerer NG+ now, though. I gave Rosabeth the Moon Butterfly set and now she poisons me when I talk to her. Or tries to. The accumulation rate is so feeble and requires such close proximity that I presume the set would be totally ineffectual for actually inflicting poison on enemies. Plus you can't dodge properly anymore. Sadness, I really wanted to use it at some point.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 02:55:24 AM by El Cideon »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 21, 2014, 04:06:31 AM »
I gave Rosabeth the Moon Butterfly set and now she poisons me when I talk to her. Or tries to. The accumulation rate is so feeble and requires such close proximity that I presume the set would be totally ineffectual for actually inflicting poison on enemies. Plus you can't dodge properly anymore. Sadness, I really wanted to use it at some point.

Guess how I just killed Dragonrider /smug.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: April 21, 2014, 05:10:24 AM »
Well I fought him at endgame with a ranged character so that may have helped.

Now Royal Rat Authority, that is a tough fight at any level.  Just because of his support.

Is it not viable to, like, just crossbow his dudes to death?  Or is crossbowin' cheatin'?  You certainly have the time to snipe most of them from the getgo.  Running a plodding, heavy armor wearin' caster, I'm baffled by how easy everyone says The Rotten is and how much trouble people have with RRA and Lost Sinner (who I mace'd to death because casting wasn't going to happen).
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 21, 2014, 05:30:01 AM »
If you keep track of the environment, the Rotten can't really kill you. He does less damage and has less durability than Lost Sinner, but he does let you heal in peace.

I never had trouble with RRA except in SL1 Mode (this "except in SL1 mode" applies to basically every boss) so I don't know about that one. Usually I kill the minions ASAP then do the usual obvious Last Giant / Iron Golem strategy of staying below his legs, which works well.

The hardest bosses for me are Throne dudes / Smelter Demon / Sentinels / Pursuer. The first one is easy with long range damage, while the three later ones can be saved for later.
Giant Lord also always kills me a few times and I don't know why his attacks hit me.
Never fought Big Dragon. And the other uber optional boss is easy.
BTW Pursuer as an Affinity-like attack that also curses. I got cursed twice by him one time. Then I died.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 21, 2014, 06:37:13 PM »
Bravely Default - Decided to join the fad. :) Just got to Chapter 2 on Hard Mode, am currently using two Spell Fencers, a Time Mage, and a Merchant. Money seems to be a scarce commodity in this game.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #1083 on: April 21, 2014, 07:05:01 PM »
Yup.  Right up until you stop having anything to spend it on more or less.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 21, 2014, 07:20:12 PM »
Also, Orthros was a bitch on Hard. MT ~600 damage to my 680 HP mages? :( Default helps with that some but you've gotta take turns sometime.

Also, holy shit this kingdom is filled with douchebags

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 22, 2014, 09:25:24 AM »
Dark Souls 2: Got the platinum yesterday but was too drained from the marathon to post about it.  NG++ all the way to Drangelic Castle in one sitting.  Busted through Shrine of Winter with souls, but was at 3/4 Old Souls anyway with only Old Iron King left.  Which is a shame because I wanted the Greatbow but whatever.  Like I said earlier, took out Dragonrider with the Poison Butterfly stuff and no attacking of my own.  Ruin Sentinels took 1 life, Gargs took out like 5.  No one else did.  Well, I guess Freyja did by *.  But the damage I did through the three tries at * carried over so she started at like half life lulz.  Damn Peasants.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 23, 2014, 12:04:32 AM »
Bravely Default - So Red Mage is pretty hard if you fight it ASAP. MT Fear? Yuck. Holy shit that guy is the creepiest, but on the plus side we get some pro-women ranting from the party, including Ringabel.

Summoner was also really hard. ;_;

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 23, 2014, 06:35:13 AM »
Yeah Fear is a shockingly good status.

BD: Basically been skipping almost all randoms lately, makes the boss fights exciting.  Behemoth (C3 endboss) was pretty badass.  I couldn't beat the Guardian - it'd probably require twinking for HP and possibly a bit more levels, the support cannon fire, aside from 1500 ignoring Default damage, also has INITIATIVE, so MT Rocket Punch -> Cannon Fire is gonna mess you up eventually.  Dragon Zombie was much easier.  Next boss fights...  I guess I'll tiny text since some people still aren't far enough and C4 obviously has the plotty fights. 

Victor & Victoria were actually quite badass - at first. Exterminate is good times and wiped me, until I came back with POIZN BLOCKING MWAHAHA for 2 party members.  Then they were EZ.  Victor wastes way too many turns messing with his element buff spell that inexplicably costs him a BP.  Sure bro I'll just dispel that for 1 of my turns, action economy.

Braev is a well-designed boss but I usually felt he had to get lucky and/or for me to make a mistake for him to really get through.  After I had form 2 at quite low health - 15k / 45k (so 15/90 total) - he did a 3 BP -> -4 BP 2 massive Brave busting combos in a row.  I'd survived that before, but Shin Smash wore off at the EXACT wrong time, AND he targeted perfectly and got criticals, hitting the Defaulting Agnes with his Default-ignorer (Radiant Blast?) AND Agnes' Angelic Ward didn't kick in.  Anyway, murder 2 dudes on his first combo, murder my other 2 guys faster than me on his second combo.  Sigh.  Anyway, at least I know what to bring to the fight now!  Time to set Hunting on my brawlers so that they can get Targeting for ignore-Default goodness...

On a plottier note, the plot point should be obvious by C1 assuming you read D's journal, but the game wants us to think that Alternis = D = (Ringabel), from timeline #6 or something (since Ringabel conspicuously wasn't around when Alternis visited the party in C1).  Okay, fine, neat, I especially like that Ringabel never brings up the more alarming parts of D's journal if you bother reading it yourself that seem to indicate Alternis had a rough experience with Qada for working with Edea before, but somehow Braev convinced him to stand against Edea anyway, although he didn't want to "kill his own family" or something.  But...  why didn't Edea recognize that Ringabel looks exactly like Alternis?  Are we supposed to believe that Alternis never took off his mask even around Edea?  I guess...  well, I'll see, the time for the Ringabel reveal will presumably be in the final confrontation at the pillar of light or whatever.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 23, 2014, 07:24:17 AM »
did that boss just have MT almost OHKO damage??? no, fuck YOU Rusalka. :(

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 23, 2014, 09:11:36 AM »
BD - I am super happy with Salvemaker.  !Mix available with an actual skill set and support skills able to be used is pretty sick.  Healing power backed by a massive spike in Mind buffing gear made Cure ST nearly full healing, Cura MT nearly full.  This is overkill on Normal.  A lot of the skill set it gets seems obsoleted by Compounding(!Mix), but I still like that it is there.  Also you see results of compounding before you use them.  Pretty great.

I think you can get accessory that halves Water damage in that dungeon Ciatos and Abate Water is very achievable for a White Mage there.  Ymmv on speed and how much it will help on Hard I don't know.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 23, 2014, 10:14:35 AM »
The hardest bosses for me are Throne dudes / Smelter Demon / Sentinels / Pursuer. The first one is easy with long range damage, while the three later ones can be saved for later.
Giant Lord also always kills me a few times and I don't know why his attacks hit me.
Never fought Big Dragon. And the other uber optional boss is easy.
BTW Pursuer as an Affinity-like attack that also curses. I got cursed twice by him one time. Then I died.

Throne duo/Sentinels definitely extremely mean, but by this point I've got Smelty dodging pretty well down and I never found Pursuer to be a huge issue. I mean, he's basically got three attacks: charge + slash (roll forward when he swings): slash/slash/slam (roll left/right/anywhere): curse poke (roll anywhere, there's so much windup on this attack). I've seen him use his magic spell like once. Just fight him on the roof immediately outside the Cardinal Tower bonfire instead of his official boss location and you've got more than enough room to evade all of this.

My RRA deaths are almost entirely just living long enough to see the minions all dead. This is easy if you've got any spells slots (because Firestorm) but brutally unpleasant if you're pure melee. He's not much of an issue on his own, no.

So I was getting punchyfist girl geared up to be dual-wield machinegun girl on NG+ but it turns out the Avelyn chest doesn't respawn with an ascetic. Whoops! Anybody got a spare?

Also spent some time running around NG+ in Blue Sentinels mode to see if anything ever happened with that ever. Nope. I'm not bothering anymore. The autosummon thing might work out okay if it triggered for any player, but seriously nobody stays with Way of Blue once they've found like any other covenant early in NG.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:20:03 AM by El Cideon »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 23, 2014, 10:48:22 AM »
Pursuer's difficultly comes from entirely from frustration leading to missteps leading to more frustration.  Literally died once to him solely because of my roll timing being practiced for 9 ADP got me hit constantly with 6 ADP.  Doing no damage to his giant healthbar.  That freaking barrel completing screwing up your movements.  And of course getting hit by Curse stab when you clearly dodge it blahblahblah.  When you finally get his moveset down he's sad pathetic fare less dangerous than most normal enemies.

Random other things I keep forgetting to mention!
Club-Guy got his STR up to 99 and just barely managed to hit 700 attack power with the Giant Warrior Club and Ring of Blades+2.  Large Club's S scaling still has it weaker than Great Club's A scaling by 20 points.
Dual-Wield Avelyn is even more nuts than you think.  Even with just Wood Bolts I burned down NG++ Covetus in like five barrages.
Something else here... but I forgot.

I'm actually gonna run through my second or third dude solely as Way of Blue to see if anything ever pops up.  It outta be FUN*
Second Dude Titled: Queen Anime.  Will be the twinblade duel-wield.  She died to Pursuer because of the ADP thing up above and doing no damage on her attacks.
Third dude titled: Prettygirl. Will be hex-caster because I couldn't get the hair long enough to emulate the Chaos sisters for pyromancy.  Yay Sunset staff.   Killed Pursuer because I could actually do damage with attacks(lol mace+4) and since I knew about my roll flaw I compensated by baiting his charge out more.  Actually killed Dragonrider first because lol and to open Felkin up.  Did you know there's a sorcery catalyst in the Forest?  I do now!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 23, 2014, 02:55:49 PM »
did that boss just have MT almost OHKO damage??? no, fuck YOU Rusalka. :(

Twink for defense and slap Abate Water on your White Mage. There's also the water halving acc in the dungeon, like Grefter mentioned. Dark Flow -also- ignores Default, so don't bother (you can use your turns for in-battle buffing or setting up kills on the copies instead). Rusalka is a nasty as hell fight anyway.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 23, 2014, 04:43:50 PM »
Actually I had beaten it already. Just took 10 tries or so and filled me with rage and yelling and things.

Had the general setup of (gameplay spoilers??)
Valkyrie with Sword Magic
Spell Fencer with White Magic
Time Mage with White Magic and Abate Water acc
Ranger with Misc

My WM spell levels were all just to the Level 3 spells, so I didn't have Abate Water on anyone.

The key was mostly to keep the Time Mage Hasted, make the Valkyrie kill the support as soon as they appeared (and keeping up Thundara blade), and have the Spell Fencer and Ranger get shots in on the boss when necessary. Haste actually helped a lot in this fight -- difference between primary healer going first and second is a huge ass deal. Tiz's job was simply to be a creepy furry in all the cutscenes and then turn back into a Merchant where he can make me mad cash. It is hard to take him seriously in all these scenes~

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 24, 2014, 01:00:03 AM »
There's no way you're going to beat Pursuer on the rooftop the first time through!
His stats are just too good right after the Last Giant, that's why I consider him a pretty hard boss. He's more manageable after Dragon Knight / The Sentry.
That first fight becomes a nice "Can I beat him now" free test in subsequent playthroughs

Dark Souls 2 :

SL1: Tried the Throne bosses...... Yeaaaah.... Firebombs aren't going to cut it anymore...
 I could beat them with a few of those consumable spell restoring items and the biggest fireball I can get. But I'd be afraid of dying and eventually running out of items. I don't think anybody sells an infinite supply?

No Death: Claymoar died stupidly. The end.

Tried another brawler and got up (so far) to.... the freaking castle.
With no deaths!
I am so scared.

For the first time I got that bug where burning the windmill doesn't remove the poison from Earthern Peak. THANKS.
I beat Medusa anyway and had more trouble with Smelter. Seriously this guy is still the hardest.

Setup is :
Double Caestus +10
Ring of Blades +1
Covetous Silver Serpent Ring +1
Chloranty Ring +1
Life Ring +1
Vengarl's cool armor and Havel's gloves/legs. No helm.

50 VIT
16 VIG
42 STR
40 DEX
16 ADP

I'm fine with 70% equip load and my extremely pathetic rolls. Anything less and I eventually roll into a pitfall or quicksand or lava. I know myself.

Edit: Died in the infamous Shrine of Amala encounter.
I am broken.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:26:03 AM by Fenrir »

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: April 24, 2014, 10:17:40 AM »
FLY'N - played through world 1, dropped

Just wasn't really clicking. I might pick it back up at some point.

Final Fantasy V Advance - played through

Job implementation wasn't as bad as I thought I remembered it being. In comparison to BDWTFF, it suffers in that you have barely any room to equip the abilities you're collecting (not that BD has that much more room given the costing system... and BD also has many more abilities in total). On the other hand, job progression feels a lot quicker. As far as I can ascertain, in BD when I first went to Eternia none of the characters had mastered their first job yet. By the second time I had to go to Eternia, they'd each mastered three, but between those two points in time is when the game drives off a cliff, and nothing after that point matters. I've also noted that I spent a lot of time grinding in Eternia because of JP gains having jumped significantly, so who can say what sort of progress would have been made by then if I hadn't done that. (Meanwhile I rarely ground much in FFVA, possibly because the ABP gains never really jumped significantly. Did throw 30-odd gold needles at Objets D'Art, but that quickly got too boring to keep up.)

Also, the concept of the Freelancer getting some of the passive abilities/stat changes from each mastered job for free helps to counteract the limited ability space somewhat, for all that it's probably a little extreme - even given that you need to be using the freelancer job (and consequently not building any other jobs) to take advantage of it. Feels like BD could have done with something along those lines. (Getting 1% stat boosts for every mastered job is not a replacement - it's possible that I'm underselling that, except you also get stuck with the Miscellany skillset if you want to take advantage of it). Anyway.

Final setup was:
Bartz Lv 44 !White/!Time (WHI/TIM/RED/MIM)
Lenna Lv 43 !Spellblade/Two-Handed (KNI/MYS/SAM/BLU/BER)
Krile Lv 44 !Black/!Summon (THI/GEO/DAN/NIN/SUM/BLA)
Faris Lv 44 !Rapid Fire/Barehanded (MON/BER/BEA/CHE/RAN/GEO)
(Didn't end up ever giving anyone Dragoon or Bard.)

Didn't beat Omega or Shinryu, not planning on trying, also not planning on doing any postgame things.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 24, 2014, 10:58:49 AM »
The real answer to early Pursuer kills is good old Mace.  Solves all problems forever.

Can you stack Spell Uses+ gear?  The only renewable source of herbs is once the FINAL BOSS goes down.  Ornifex just so that's in the open.

Dark Souls 2: Prettygirl trudges onwards.  ODS, Skeleton Lords, Skeleton Lords NG+, Covetus Demon, Mytha, Scorpioness, Scorpioness NG+, Ruin Sentinels all down.  Bonewheels in the NG+ battle get my first death.  Mimic in Doors of Pharros gets my second because he gets reduced damage on his lunge otherwise it would have died.  Asceticing Shaded Ruins got me +3 Twinkling so my Sunset Staff's at +3 now.  With Iron Keep open I also make it a Dark Sunset Staff.  Stopped playing after that.  Shotgunning Allone knights works but without an aimable ranged attack the Snipers in Iron Keep are HELL.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 24, 2014, 03:59:21 PM »
Freelancer in BD does have something to counteract it, it has a skill set baked in to it (that kind of sucks I guess) and Mimic.  It is pretty flexible and if you grind out that Job Mastery you have a super strong carry class (positive %s in all stats is exceptional).

This lets Freelancer fill more design space than somewhere between useless and end game only uberclass.  It isn't successful at everything it could ideally (like hey it WOULD be cool if it was a decent choice the entire game kind of like special character classes in FFT are), but it definitely is hitting a wider space than FF5 and FFD Freelancers did.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 24, 2014, 07:02:35 PM »
BD:  Beat the game for reals.  Overall great game marred by a really ham-handed attempt at extending gameplay time.

Also, this is actual dialogue from the game: "Rgh!  It's massive and hard!  Are you alright, Edea?"

Coupled with a picture of Edea bent over and Tiz standing behind her with a Success Kid fist pump.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 24, 2014, 07:11:32 PM »
MK2- Done. Hardest fight in the game was Reicher, followed up closely by Uryu. The rest weren't really worth noting.

Game ended on a positive note. Final combined chapter was an excuse to use an actual decent team (Read: Raze's crew +Ulrika and Enna and -Yun) and beat the hell out of some enemies. It's amazing how much having six competent PC's completely breaks the game.  I ended up maxing out my Grow Book. That chapter gave out a hell of a lot of AP.

6/10 is my final rating? I hit on the problems in my earlier post from the mechanical side and there's not enough story for the pathsplit to be remotely justifable. I still had fun with the game after some early frustrations, and the writing was pretty good. Pepperoni and Goto need to jump into a lake of acid with Et and make the world a better place though.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...