Author Topic: What games are you playing 2014?  (Read 183443 times)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Re: What games are you playing 2014?
« Reply #925 on: April 06, 2014, 08:43:21 AM »
FF13 - Chapter 10! Beat down Bahamut.

Trails in the Sky - Started this! Cute little game so far.

Romancing Saga 3 - Also started this.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #926 on: April 06, 2014, 08:58:04 AM »
I know it's odd considering the Ramsus sub-plot is probably my favorite part of XG, but the Gazel are probably the worst.  They're literally non-stop talking about XG's batshit cosmology and nothing else.  It probably doesn't help them be distinct in your memory that they're a bunch of different dudes in a computer when you really only need one character to fill that role (hence why nobody ever refers to them by their individual names).

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #927 on: April 06, 2014, 09:02:29 AM »
I'm not 100% they have individual names in fact.  I mean you assume, Xenogears and all, but...
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 06, 2014, 09:15:50 AM »
Bravely Default - Got the first ending. The writing at this point is all over the place, but, well, the scene where the villain pretends to be mind-controlled to mess with Agnes' head is absolutely wonderful. The fight was easy, and the ending was... really boring though.

I'm not really certain where to go from here. While Bravely Default is certainly a good game, I'm now at nearly 70 hours and running out of steam for it. I gather that in order to get the second ending I'll have to beat the crystal guardians two more times each. Which... they're pretty fun, well-designed bosses at base, but fighting each one five times? C'mon game. I skipped all the blue exclamation marks in C5-6 (except those that unlocked jobs, naturally) after some investigation of C5's made them appear very boring/repetitive but I gather they get more interesting? But not sure how much energy I'll have for drawing out the game further... hmm. Any advice for what I should do with the rest of this playthrough, folks?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:21:40 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #929 on: April 06, 2014, 09:36:58 AM »
The sidequests start being team fights in chapter 7, yes.  The mandatory bosses don't do anything interesting though until Finale.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: April 06, 2014, 10:38:58 AM »
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World - played through

Short - short to the extent that at the point the game feels like it's really starting, it's actually half over (or even a bit further).

Puzzles are more noticeably contrived than preferable, and there's at least one time where you need to do something completely unrelated to what you're trying to do in order to become able to continue.

The ending is kind of terrible.

Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright - played through the maingame and special episode 1

Fine?

It's not exactly the worst of both worlds, but I do kinda feel like it's the worst Phoenix Wright game. I don't think it's the worst Professor Layton game... but that's not really much of a selling point.

Anyone who's a big fan of Professor Layton's puzzles could well be disappointed... there are only 70 in the maingame, and none of them are particularly challenging. Special Episode 1 has one extra puzzle in it, so the future Special Episodes are probably going to have extra puzzles as well... if they're all just one-per episode, though, that's not a lot. There isn't a bunch of bonus puzzles like in regular Professor Layton games.

Being able to repeat the same presses in Phoenix Wright has always been a conceit I've typically been able to handle... but the gimmicks in this game require you to repeat presses and end up drawing too much attention to what's happening, and I found it fairly annoying.

They broke the save system for some reason? Saving in court, at least, does not save at exactly the point you save - it saves you at the most recent of a string of invisible checkpoints they've strewn throughout the system, which are often after successful actions. It's disheartening to make a successful presentation against a testimony, read through a couple of minutes of dialogue, save before an in-line question, then re-load the save for whatever reason and find that you were saved right after selecting the evidence you were presenting.

Further, there's at least one scenario late in the game where you need to present multiple times within the same testimony and there are no checkpoints between them. So you present the first thing correctly, save, present the second thing incorrectly, reload, present the second thing correctly... and you have no way of knowing that you haven't actually presented the first thing any more, so you end up having no idea what else the game could possibly want you to do within this testimony, and start presenting everything to every testimony. And when you reload as part of that, all the rest of the things you correctly presented that testimony also never happened any more... I ended up spending a hint coin to see what the heck it wanted from me, and when I found it was pointing out things that I had already done and had saved after...

Storywise it's a little disappointing that a mystery from early in the game never ends up being resolved. I'm holding out hope that there's going to be a special episode which covers it, but it seems somewhat of a weird oversight if none of them do.

Zacharias Barnham is pretty bland for a prosecutor, sadly.

The Walking Dead Season 1 - played through the maingame and 400 Days

Pretty great.

Results-wise, and I'm not sure how much of the late-game results are foregone conclusions or not given that they seemingly don't have to worry about dealing with continuity: I dropped Ben down the tower in episode 4, teamed up with Omid & Christa for episode 5, Kenny died saving Christa after him and Omid thought that Lee wouldn't need any help to pull her up, Omid and Christa survived. For 400 Days, everyone went with Tavia except Shel & Rebecca.

I wouldn't want to replay it to see how different choices are wrangled any time soon, but it was interesting comparing my experience to the one my brother had.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 06, 2014, 05:11:37 PM »
Four failed no-death runs. I am running out of names for my characters. And I still haven't beaten the Sentry or Pursuer. This is not going well.
I'm not sure I actually want shields or huge weapons. I struggled against the Dragonrider last time with both. Dragonrider. Most deaths comes from getting ganked (or surprised) so shields might not be a huge help.
Meanwhile, huge weapons mean huge recovery times.

I'll try archery out. Low stat requirements (so I can invest in defensive stats), and range.
Or pyromancy?

The best per-hit damage I've got out of bows is with the Dragonrider Bow. 40 STR/DEX and +5 upgraded it puts out 400-something attack power, which is better than you can get out of quite a lot of melee weapons. You could probably go in with minimum stat investments and it'd still be pretty good. It's slow to fire though, so I don't imagine it great for anything but sniping and trying it on bosses would just be pain. Probably your best bet is Hunter's Blackbow, just pump DEX (STR requirement is negligible) to get some fast, reliable single-element damage and you can put everything else into durability.

Of course, you get that well into the game (Drangleic Castle) and you'll have to rely on the shortbow until then. Shortbow you can't even get until unlocking Lenigrast's shop! Would advise against making any of them elemental, anyway--I spent a chunk of yesterday knocking out some odds and ends on my various files to set them up for NG+ whenever that happens, and during way too much time spent sniping through Shrine of Amana to pick up missed items it became painfully apparent just how inferior elemental bows are to regular ones even with 55 INT or FTH to jack up the scaling. My original character can shoot down the priestesses from a million miles away before they attack. Everyone else has to play hide and seek. Ugh.

Pyro damage is honestly pretty uninspiring outside of the top-tier spells. Even with no investment in mental stats you can explode stuff pretty effectively with Flame Swathe/Lingering Flame/Firestorm, but charges are very limited and you're not getting most of that stuff until after the Sentinels.

~

Sorc run complete. Dynamic duo exploded with gratifying ease. Ended up running a mix of high-end pyromancies for max destructive power and sorceries for gunning down mooks. Worked out pretty well by the end but for the occasional confusion of shuffling through like eight different spells.

Brought my melee girl back to Freja's room to check out mystery rock and yeah, it is another memory zone. Not much there but a corpse though! And 1x Ancient Dragon Soul. Makes a sword that would look pretty cool if I actually had the materials to upgrade it. Anyway I still don't get why mystery rock appeared in my original game but no others.

Also finally remembered to clear out the salamander room in the Forest. So that's where the Hawk Ring was hiding all the fucking game! And man those have gotta be the most irritating enemies in the game right there. At least I can one-shot 'splosion zombies.

Man why is Vendrick's soul hiding in an obscure corner of a zone you cleared hours before finding him.

Dual-wieldy mode now engaged, ran up just far enough to dump a bunch of levels into DEX and actually access power stance. It's actually pretty satisfying so far! I'm running dual falchions, dumped all the immediately available titanite into making them both +3 and the damage output is actually very impressive for earlygame. And perhaps more importantly, it looks cool. Not sure what weapon setup I'm looking at long-term. Warped Sword seems pretty cool, but more investment into STR than I'd like. OH WAIT maybe I want to dual-wield the great scythe just because seriously you guys. Also apparently ADP isn't the stat that boosts poison effectiveness, that's just all DEX? Whatever, I'll probably jack it up to 40 anyway just because I don't care about levels once DEX is optimized.

Had a host for an early summoning run for the Pursuer fight right outside the Cardinal Tower bonfire. Shockingly, all three of us survived. 17,000 souls is very nice to have right out of the gate. And his Darth Vader breathing is actually kind of creepy without any music playing.

I'm just now noticing that Lenigrast hangs around all forlorn outside his shop until you unlock it. I always thought he just kind of appeared out of the ether, like he had some mystical smith sense that told him a shop had been opened somewhere!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 05:14:10 PM by El Cideon »

interrobangbang

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 06, 2014, 05:18:35 PM »
Bravely Default - Got the first ending. The writing at this point is all over the place, but, well, the scene where the villain pretends to be mind-controlled to mess with Agnes' head is absolutely wonderful. The fight was easy, and the ending was... really boring though.

I'm not really certain where to go from here. While Bravely Default is certainly a good game, I'm now at nearly 70 hours and running out of steam for it. I gather that in order to get the second ending I'll have to beat the crystal guardians two more times each. Which... they're pretty fun, well-designed bosses at base, but fighting each one five times? C'mon game. I skipped all the blue exclamation marks in C5-6 (except those that unlocked jobs, naturally) after some investigation of C5's made them appear very boring/repetitive but I gather they get more interesting? But not sure how much energy I'll have for drawing out the game further... hmm. Any advice for what I should do with the rest of this playthrough, folks?

BD spoilers, ofc:

It's... sort of your call, overall. The team fights and dialogue in C7 are pretty entertaining, and if challenging boss fights would revitalize your interest the C7/C8 fights stand the best chance.

If you want targeted suggestions for boss fights that are either really entertaining or have bosses with newer skillsets than what you've seen...

C7 Yulyana's house has a fight with Mephilia that has a different summon she uses; minor but interesting.
C7 Florem Gardens/ whatever they're called has an amusing pre-battle and post-battle discussion, complete with Ringabel's notes.
C7 Ominas Crowe is probably one of the best fights he gets, thanks to the second form having both MT 2HKO and ST OHKO and having two support units backing him up.
C7, where the team got jailed up back in C4, has an optional boss fight including DeRosa that has nice speed+ items. Not necessary but nice.

C8... the main thing of interest as far as challenging boss fights is probably the final gauntlet, but you need to beat all the other blue !s before that shows up. It's a really fun gauntlet IMO but who knows where you'll fall on it. (I'd not recommend the boss rush that shows up after the gauntlet either way - a fun challenge but if you're burning out that'd get frustrating as hell).

And if none of this sounds appealing, just rush to the true final. It's worth seeing just for the ham, IMO, and you're not really that far away.

Agreed, though - fighting the crystal guardians 5 times is probably the worst part. They're fun, twice, maybe, and then...

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 06, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »
You can skip the sentinels. Beat pursuer -> Get key in Lost Bastille, beat sentry -> Open door in the other side of Lost Bastille, use the pharros lockstone here -> Voila.

I am so doing that. I'm also obviously skipping the chariot boss everytime.

Unlocking Lenigrast's shop is not a problem at all with anyone really. You can do it in like 5 minutes!

But I've been rolling with a cleric and the dex requirement for bows is too steep. I've tried using a light crossbow instead but they're terrible.

The other class that seems good for this challenge is bandit (they have ultra-low ADP and INT, so they're good if you don't want to use these stats), and they start with one bow already.

Pyromancy is a bit late, unlike Dark Souls 1, you get it after the sentry and only with a boring spell. So I've been using my good old Mace (+5) and pumped Vigor to 50. Beaten four bosses so far. I'm eating all these boss souls instead of letting them rot in the inventory. Yay!

The low charges for pyromancy might be a bit of a problem buuut storebought amber herbs?

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 06, 2014, 06:56:53 PM »
I know it's odd considering the Ramsus sub-plot is probably my favorite part of XG, but the Gazel are probably the worst.  They're literally non-stop talking about XG's batshit cosmology and nothing else.  It probably doesn't help them be distinct in your memory that they're a bunch of different dudes in a computer when you really only need one character to fill that role (hence why nobody ever refers to them by their individual names).

The game rather deliberately doesn't want you to tell them apart, I think. I actually kind of like them (writing-wise): I hate the Gazel Ministry because they're so ridiculously arrogant. They cause unspeakable suffering to the world in search of their goal and they're aware that they are doing it, but they think that it's their right so who cares about everyone else (heck, they take a step further - they feel everyone else should be happy to give their existence to help the Gazel achieve their manifest destiny). I actually think them being a group instead of a single character works well: they've reinforced each other's arrogance by acting as an echo chamber for each other, something that certainly happens in real life!

I also like the Wild Arms 4 congressional knights cabal and (for a less evil example) the Zexen Council of S3 for similar reasons.

(They could stand to be less cryptic, I'll agree there, although at least on replays it's almost always obvious what they're talking about.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:48:42 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 06, 2014, 07:42:33 PM »
Trails in the Sky - Mmm. I am not feeling the game's writing so far -- too much of the dialogue seems to revolve around people telling the main character what a sack of crap she is and how much better her amazing brother is. And then my dad shows up on my rescue mission to also inform me of what a stupid, no-good putz I am? Followed by Joshua giving a pep talk of how Estelle is stupid and no-good but she shouldn't abandon her dreams because that is stupid too?? Man, living with these two assholes must have been a real joy.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 07, 2014, 12:52:45 AM »
I vaguely remember talking about those councils of ministries of old dudes, and saying what's always boring about them is waiting for the inevitable more ambitious / intelligent Caesar type to backstab them.
Or, if they're on the "good" side, waiting for the ambitious/intelligent Caesar type to totally ruin their shit.

Dark Souls 2: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Ok instead I'm doing a Level 1 challenge: Learn to stop worrying and love the firebomb.
Here is a list of all the weapons I can wield in one hand:
- Dagger

6 in every stat also means I can't use any spell until I get a Ring of the South, so this challenge is going to be a hell of a lot harder than in Dark Souls 1.

Pretty much all my souls are going towards attack items.
Kunais are pretty awesome for, uh, the first dungeon. Totally destroyed the white dude there. I need to check if I can aim them with the binoculars.
I hope those infinite fire/magicbombs stay decent for a long while because my only other real offense is this club+3, and I have no shield and no HP.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 07, 2014, 01:02:31 AM »
I vaguely remember talking about those councils of ministries of old dudes, and saying what's always boring about them is waiting for the inevitable more ambitious / intelligent Caesar type to backstab them.
Or, if they're on the "good" side, waiting for the ambitious/intelligent Caesar type to totally ruin their shit.

This actually doesn't happen in S3! (Despite there being a Caesar there! Thank you, I'll be here all week.)

The complaint is fair I think, although it's far from the only trope which has a fairly predictable outcome (e.g. if your dad is your enemy, he will die but do something noble to help you before he does). And the XG/WA4 "backstabs" do happen for very different reasons, at least.

Maybe.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 07, 2014, 03:06:01 AM »
I don't have a problem with going to extreme lengths in the narrative to completely dehumanise the Gazel ministry.  Especially when the villain cast already has people that they do go to lengths to be people you interact with directly that act as personal" antagonists to varying degrees (Ramsus, Grahf, Miang goooood, Krellian baaaaaad) and having a significantly more alien presence that actually impacts rather than being a force of nature like Deus has value.

Also its neat to parallel how much they actively seek that power and ultimately try to emulate it (start humans and ultimately become a meld of mechanical and organic things) where based on other discussion here Deus/Zohar/whateverthefuck functions as a mix of organic and mechanical components (however ultimately are distinctly separate instead of merged like Gazel).  Their approach isn't working and ends up not working.  What they really needed to do was ?!??!?!?!? whatever the fuck Krellian did that worked fuck knows what it was any more.  I sure as shit am not going to replay XG just to try and remember.  That is what elves are for.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 07, 2014, 04:11:17 AM »
DS2: Man this weekend the game's just all can it wait? From's in the middle of some calibrations here.

FENRIR. Have you tried Wolverine mode. It is definitely a thing.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 07, 2014, 02:48:40 PM »
So, I got RS3. Which quest should I do first???? Snoooow!

Which PC's your starter? The game's really bad at transparency!

Anyhow, first you want to open up access to cities. First, do to Pidona and take the ship to a couple cities. I recommend opening access to Lance by taking a ship to Zweig then a boat to Justerm. Talk to everybody in Justerm and then they'll tell you where Lance is. -There-, you start the Highwaymen's Den quest (talk to some guy offering money to take some goods to some place, accept and fight the thieves until they start running from you. Then, grab one and ask for info, they'll tell you where the Highwaymen's Den is), which is good for giving you some weapon levels and basic skills, along with moving forward Paul's recruitment quest. Besides that, going to Pidona be a good idea, since you can recruit a few desirable people (Nora, eventually Sharl, Thomas for an early healer with decent stats) and pick up a smithy or two. In Pidona, you can rescue Muse's kid off the bat, so you may as well. You also may want to pick up the Professor's pets in the forest near Zweig, but that's kinda tricky. At first, you mostly want to do the Pidona quests and open up access to cities. Once you're done, doing Justerm's lake quest is a decent idea. You're mostly building up your money, opening your map and bulking your party for the first quarter of the game.

Another quest you can do this early: second go at delivering goods, now to Yamas, then recruiting Robin at that same town. I'd recommend recruiting Fat Robin instead of Slim Robin (you just refuse Slim Robin until Fat Robin shows up at the dock in the same town) at that point: both Robins start with good stats, but Fat Robin starts with Screwdriver, which is a very potent (and hard to learn) Epee tech for the early game.

EDIT: Also, for Elfboy, I'd just rush for the end at this point regarding Bravely Default. The refights start getting interesting at C7, but I always felt the asterisk refights felt more like a replay thing than anything else.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:10:08 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 07, 2014, 04:59:44 PM »
I've already beat Wolverine mode in DS1 (fist weapon only challenge, I mostly used double claws)
But dual wielding claws in DS2 sounds interesting....

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 07, 2014, 05:02:22 PM »
Claws look like they'll have more range than Caestus at least.  Lower scaling though.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 07, 2014, 08:48:42 PM »
The scaling is baaaad. Like you might manage some unimpressive 200ish attack power at 40 DEX. But the moveset you guys! Spin spin~ Bleed rating is also very high for what that's worth. Higher than my maxed falchions! Which maybe occasionally trigger the status against other PCs on a full combo (this kills almost everything outright anyway).

DS2 either isn't very good at making it obvious when you get status to land or status never lands. Every now and then I see random extra large numbers pop up on people I slash repeatedly, so I assume that's bleed triggering...but there's no blatant MASSIVE HEMORRHAGE indicator that I've seen. I also made some poison rapiers and have tried prodding stuff with them but have yet to see the status apparently connect (and the damage is outright terrible even at +9). I should've gone with poison whips but I figured rapiers would hit faster.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 07, 2014, 08:54:55 PM »
Bleed doesn't actually do a giant HP splash like in DS1.  It just halves Stamina and reduces its regeneration rate.  Normal enemies are stupidly resistant to poison but it had some use against the Traitor at least.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: April 07, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »
FF Dimensions: Finished! I ended up liking it a lot, although part of that was definitely because I FAQed the location of the Moogle Charm and used it to turn off almost all random encounters from Avalon Castle forward (they were replaced with grinding near save points). Will probably at least take a stab at the superbosses.

Party:

Glaive: Mastered Black Mage, White Mage and Magus. Final class was Magus with White Magic L7 and Magic Font.

Dusk: Mastered Black Mage and Seer, with extended dips in White Mage and Bard. Final class was Seer with Magic Font, MND+20% and a filler fourth ability. Got a lot of mileage out of Hastega.

Sol: Mastered Paladin and Fighter, with an extended dip into Red Mage (basically the first half of the game). Final class was Paladin with Doublehand and Magic Sword.

Nacht: Mastered Dark Knight and Fighter, with dips in Ranger, Thief and Ninja. Final class was Dark Knight with STR+20%, Backliner and Battle Arts.

Sarah: Mastered Monk and Fighter, reached level 19 in Thief, took a brief Dragoon dip. Final class was Fighter with STR+20%, VIT+20%, SPD+10% and HP+20%. Mostly she hit things with Final Heaven and healed with White Wind.

Generally I just got War Cry, Mighty Guard and Hastega going and then smacked things with Final Heaven, elemental swords, Meteor, Holy and Smash.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:12:54 PM by Shale »
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 07, 2014, 10:45:40 PM »
Yeah, I think the game generally gets better as it goes on. A lot of the first half is a little on the dull side (though better than say TAY'S first half).

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 08, 2014, 02:56:22 AM »
Bravely Default - And finally beaten. What the hell was that post-game movie?

Anyhow, it could've been a 10/10 game, but holy heck does it start running after its own tail after a point. It's still an interesting idea with a few laudable execution high points and it never gets embarrassing - just meandering. Meanwhile, gameplay-wise, it's just about one of the best FF-style job system games I've played ever. Overall, really good experience, would replay. 8/10 works.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:07:38 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #948 on: April 08, 2014, 03:09:20 AM »
Conversational game mechanics and sequel spoilers!  I thought it was kinda obvious myself.

Alternatively, it's basically like the secret movie at the end of any given Kingdom Hearts game.  Random bullshit designed to seem cool that will somehow make less sense once the associated game actually comes out.\

Also: meta meta meta~

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 08, 2014, 03:53:51 AM »
BD:  *learns Obliterate*

Ho-lee fuck.  Yeah, be right back, I'm going to max out all jobs for all characters in a day or less.