Register

Author Topic: What games are you playing 2014?  (Read 183456 times)

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
Re: What games are you playing 2014?
« Reply #375 on: February 18, 2014, 09:46:11 PM »
If you think the Silver Armlet's amazing, wait until the Ruby Armlet and protect ring. Your black mage will dominate Chaos with his mighty physical!
Indeed.

While the earlygame had a lot of strategy with sleep/fire and money/HP/MP resource management, it turned into cathartic OHKO-every-random-enemy-at-once mode as soon as I got the Silver Armlet really.

By this point I had multitarget murder of three kinds, enough defense/HP to survive at least two rounds in most battles, and ethers were cheap.

Enemies have shown no sign of less dying since then. I got level 3 spells plus a ton more defense. Bahamut just gave me his Extremely Fancy Class Change Stripped Pants and I have every spell including Flare.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:08:10 PM by Fenrir »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 18, 2014, 10:50:31 PM »
Game is toast, yeah. Wait until you laugh at Chaos's puny physicals (Defender's blink works wonderfully for this) and you outslug him easily with tempered Masamune smitings. It will be glorious. Since it's solo you are going to be massively overleveled to boot, so good luck to any randoms trying to blitz you!
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 18, 2014, 11:06:02 PM »
Slowra works reaaaally well to make boss physicals laughable already, that's how I just beat Cerberus. But I still have that Defender just in case.
Plus a ribbon now!
Level 56 with only Lich dead. I'm doing Soul of Chaos content, wondering if Kary can be OHKOed by a Wizard's staff physical after Saber/Saber/Saber/Haste. (Edit: Answer is probably. This just did 2400 damage to Twin Headed Dragon. Jesus)

Character rating
Black mage 10/10
Fighter 1/10 Murders things waaay too slowly, but he can use defend in battle to not waste precious black mage time, and he can revive the black mage
Thief, red mage, white mage, black belt: 0/10
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:33:50 PM by Fenrir »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 19, 2014, 02:53:11 AM »
ToB: Rival sighted!

Oh hey monk magic resist stacks with Ring of Gaxx and BG2 endgame's goody-two-shoes bonus. Looks like it'll top out at 98%. I'm practically a golem! Look forward to mocking enemy casters for the rest of the game.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 19, 2014, 03:19:50 AM »
FF1: Ninrako  is no more! Beat Chaos. That was an ugly fight, had two PC's down at the end and both of my fighters were at low HP when it ended.  I had resets in the temple of fiends.

1st: Lich. He opened with Nuke, this killed most of my team off.
2nd: Six water elementals. Didn't pay attention and tried to run, my team got pummeled into the dirt.
Kraken: Lucky motherfuckre OHKOed two PC's. Didn't want to have to backtrack to revive them.

Thief and Black Belt are beyond irredeemably awful in this version of the game. BB is as inept at Thief at offense till after the Earth Cave, can't take a goddamn hit and is only good in the late game when challenge wanes. High defense gives Master issues as well and can't even use the pro cape, boo. This was a *hard* run of the game. I missed Fighter's tanking constantly and RW's all around competence badly.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 19, 2014, 06:18:35 PM »
36: Underestimated a Painting Guardian's damage.
37: Those two stupid Silver Knight archers.
38: Those two stupid Silver Knight archers.
39: Those two fucking Silver Knight archers.
40: Invader!
41: Titanite Demon's one-shot me, apparently.
42: Sloppy while trying to melee a Silver Knight.
43: Sloppy AGAIN while trying to kill a Silver Knight.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 20, 2014, 12:31:30 AM »
Xenogears - Finishing up Kislev, finally.

Hour 16: With victory comes freedom! Freedom to work for the Kislev military. Fei and Citan meet the kaiser, Sigmund, in what is pretty much his last appearance. He proposes that Fei work for him. Fei never gives a chance to give him an answer, no or ever, as Rico breaks in for... some reason. He flees to a room where only those with the kaiser's DNA can go and has flashbacks about his mother. We shortly after learn that the kaiser's wife ran off (apparently to the slums), the same slums where Rico was never born, to a single mother. So okay the plot twist is that Rico is the kaiser's son. Why his mother ran off is never stated that I can recall. Anyway don't expect Rico to address this ever again because I'm pretty sure he never does. Ugh, this character.

Anyway aside from that the main thrust of the story at this point is for Fei to steal Weltall and then escape. He's gotten pretty attached to that gear of his for all that he claims not to like it. Citan is very encouraging of this plan of action too. I forget if having Weltall is important to Cain's plans or if the doc just figures that Fei in the gear he naturally pilots well has a better chance to survive.

A plan is formed, leaning on Hammer's ability to gather information (the guy does make himself useful as an NPC, for comic relief). Before the plan can be put into effect, some battlers loyal to Rico show up and tell Fei that Rico is going to be executed! Man that kaiser is a dick, I guess (it's implied he figured out Rico is his son). Since Weltall is been held at the execution site (the battle arena), Fei decides to speed up the plan, and retrieve the gear / rescue Rico ASAP. It's interesting that Fei cares enough Rico to do this. Maybe it's respect for the way Rico handled the murder situation, and the manner in which he accepted defeat later? Maybe Fei just wants to feel like he is doing something useful again. He's about to get more chances, regardless.

Hour 17: There's a dungeon I almost completely forgot about in which Fei and Citan sneak around, beat up a bunch of Kislev soldiers, and reclaim Weltall. Following that, Fei takes an elevator up to the arena, and defeats a dragon which was about to eat Rico (in a clear callback to the scene in the Blackmoon Forest, way back when). Apparently nobody is watching this execution and/or Kislev doesn't want to send in a bunch of gears to fuck with Fei and generally stop him from both stealing a gear and breaking a prisoner free? I dunno, this scene is kinda weird. Fei tries to act all cool like saving Rico is no big deal, Rico talks about having nothing to live for (possibly because he just learned what a big dick his dad is. If that's not the reason then I give up).

Fortunately at this point Gebler attacks! The plot have started to move! Citan correctly guesses (or more likely, already knew) that Gebler is planning to trigger a nuclear explosion in the town by attacking the reactor. Fei, glad to have something to do, goes off to stop them from doing that. He appeals to Rico to do the same. Rico is initially all "fuck this town" but then realises he's being a complete dumbass and goes to help Fei out.

We get one final gauntlet with Elly's soldiers. Elly obviously doesn't want them to attack Fei but they ignore her orders. This is kinda weird; worst subordinates ever? A moment ago they were quite sympathetic but now they're simultaneously ignoring orders WHILE participating in a mission which they had said they disliked and are only doing because... they have to follow orders. Maybe they're drugged up again but I get the annoying feeling this is not supposed to be the case and this is some weird sort of manly face-off the way only anime seems to know how to do it. Hopefully I'm wrong, but that's the vibe I got. Whatever, that's not what we're here for.

Fei vs. Elly mark 2. Not even a battle this time, just as well. Instead the two just shout it out. Fei's position is pretty obvious here (he's very clearly in the moral right), Elly's is the interesting one. She acknowledges what she's doing is wrong but is still struggling not to obey the orders she was given. She talks about being envious of Fei, who is free to fight for what causes he believes in; she is trapped and either has to fight for a cause she knows is wrong, or throw away her entire life. I'm quite glad Xenogears has the sense to acknowledge that what is (obviously) about to happen represents an incredible sacrifice on Elly's part.

Fei challenges Elly, though, all but calling her a sadistic coward. In a somewhat unlikely (but poignant) sequence the two descend down to the Kislev streets and get out of their gears to survey the carnage as the citizens are fleeing in terror. Fei almost slaps her, and then the tone of the scene changes suddenly, as if Fei is suddenly overcome with realising that using violence to convince Elly isn't the answer here. Instead he just talks about wanting to help people, and that he's going to stop Gebler here. Elly is at least suitably convinced by his words not to stop him.

Fei reunites with Rico and they defeat Dominia, then try to manually move the bomb-ship she was pilotting away from the nuclear reactor. They succeed, but it's still going to hit town. Elly to the rescue, at this point, as her turn from Gebler is complete, she joins the two to try to push the ship further from the city. The only real surprise in this scene is that they actually fail. Elly, desperate to redeem her previous actions, stays attached to the ship the longest and thus is unable to flee from its crash, but she is saved by... Grahf? So Grahf wants to protect Elly... we don't know the reason yet, but it's the first thing he's done which isn't total baby-eater mode. Interesting.

One final scene of note: Elly and Hammer meet. It's a small thing, but it's clear they know each other. You might miss it the first time (I probably did), but not the second. First Grahf, and now Hammer... game's starting to build up some secrets after all...

It's kind of embarrassing how much more relevance/plot importance Hammer has than Rico, actually.

Hour 18: On the Rico note, he rejoins, saying he has business to take care of so he'll tag along until Fei and company leave town. I don't remember what this business is, which is a bad sign. Enough about him.

Random Big Joe appearance! Earlier I paid him 5000G to check out an alley he was standing guard over because I am a sucker. He assures me he had a deep reason for doing what he did, deeper than the deepest ocean. This guy is pretty ridiculous. XG has a bizarre sense of humour at times and he's definitely a good example of it. Anyway Big Joe also teaches me about character switching. I'm amused it took the game 17 hours before this became necessary.

The rest of the hour consists of a dungeon which isn't too large but not negligible. It's a gear dungeon and Weltall has somehow slipped to become the worst PC now. When did that happen? (Vierge and Heimdall are both faster, Vierge is more damaging and Heimdall is more durable.) At the end of the dungeon we steal a plane! I'd say I'd expect it to be better-defended but I guess we did just beat up a bunch of Kislev soldiers to get it. Go us? An entire military base defeated by four gears? Oh video games, you so silly.

Next time: mad skillz!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:44:18 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 20, 2014, 03:10:43 AM »
ToB: Valygar do you absolutely have to die in every boss fight. You do don't you. Learn to wear something better than leather armor bro.

Clearing out Abazigal's lair then ---> Watcher's Keep.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #383 on: February 20, 2014, 03:41:27 AM »
It's also a plane owned by the same kislev that just had a battleship-sized bomb dropped on a major population center.  Wouldn't be out of line to think that the stuff you fight in the factory there is a skeleton force and automated defenses.
Honestly once you get to gear-stuff in Kislev, Weltall stops being top three until it upgrades.  Steir, thanks to its attack bonus, will generally OHKO things Weltall cannot (though you'll obviously have to stuff it's accessory slots so it can hit things... then again, this is true of Weltall, Heimdall, and Brigandier as well), and while Weltall is overall better than Heimdall, by the time you get your next upgrade set you'll have recruited Billy.  Vierge is your best gear until ones that come with disc 2 upgrades show up, unless you nab an Ether Doubler in which case it's your best gear until it leaves the party on disc 2 >.>  (even without that, though, Power Magics and E Circuits are a worthy investment of course.)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2014, 03:53:01 AM »
Good point about the Kislev base, yeah.

What is Weltall (1)'s advantage over Heimdall anyway? They have the same engine output multiplier (i.e. attack) and Heimdall has higher agility and seems to fairly consistently be getting higher-HP frames.

Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #385 on: February 20, 2014, 04:42:11 AM »
Mm, does it?  I remember him consistently having less HP.  Could be faulty memory.  I generally absolutely never upgrade Heimdall, because you're at no point required to have Citan in your party during a gear battle so it's an easy place to save money.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 20, 2014, 05:08:35 AM »
I honestly remembered Heimdall as worse than it actually is too. I suspect we just collectively overreacted to Citan's gear not being as good as Citan. <_<

Maybe.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 20, 2014, 05:22:51 AM »
Valygar should have access to Black Dragonscale Armour which is like third best AC or so in the game?  Leather doesn't really lag that far behind plate.  Lack of shield is a bit of a killer and he probably is behind in other protective stuff though.  Not a fan of stalker for a few reasons, squishiness as a trade off is one of them.

I also have in my head that Heimdall isn't impressive, but I used it anyway because fuck Rico.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 20, 2014, 11:00:27 AM »
Pity I left Thaxskin armor in storage back in Adventure Mart right this way squire (didn't know he could use it, fighter girls had something slightly tougher). Blue or white scale armor work?

He's actually really good at murdering people (Celestial Fury is so great), but unfortunately people also happen to be extremely good at murdering him right back. The AC wasn't such a liability in BG2 proper but now he just dies all the fucking time. Making me wish I'd just grabbed Sarevok again. Oh well, not switching it up now. Monkspawn could probably solo the game with relative ease anyway.

The Duck

• Social Justice Duck
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 20, 2014, 11:26:55 AM »
Monkspawn was the first time I played BG2, and I get the impression that it would be one of the easier solos in the game. I imagine it would be tricky at first but once Monks get going, they're nuts. It would help if you had old, cheesy version of the cloak of spell turning or whatever but as you say, you get close to magic immunity by the end of SoA. Naturally it would be harder to solo Ascension but I'm not sure if you're bothering with that.

Has anyone played BG:EE? I was just wondering if the new characters and their quests were worthwhile.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2014, 12:41:44 PM »
Pretty sure it is White that thieves can use, so I think he can (forget if Stalkers interact with Elven Chain or not and whether it counts as that or not).  It is 1 AC better than Black iirc. 

I played BG:EE over January, but I didn't use the new NPCs.  If you like BG and are happy throwing another $15 at it then the slightly more professional polish of a bunch of stuff mods can do is actually pretty nice, it just generally makes it a bit more user friendly.  If you are happy with base BG and don't want to spend money then you can skip it.  I don't regret buying it or the sequel.

PS:T - UI scale for this is kind of ugly.  Base graphics look nice at higher res, but the interface is just not a pretty one.  Doing an evil play through as a Mage.  I should do Fighter or thief some time, but Mage gets to use the tome.  Up to Dead Nation now.  Became Evil when I refused to give Kyu-Yin his tattoo back.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 20, 2014, 05:51:11 PM »
Mana Khemia 2 - Just beat the final boss. Whew. Both he and Tetri were very difficult; almost died about midfight vs. her and almost died about two turns from the end against him. The game, without item creation shenanigans at least, is pretty limited in its healing which makes Ulrika's MT healing timed card so amazing. She was definitely the team MVP to me; strong healing, strong group attack in Cannon Ball, common skill boosting which made Flare Rain vicious. Enna's good too with the timed card cancelling move and the general piling in damage with the timed card skill, especially the cheap and easily spammable Vertical Cannon. Chloe is the stereotypical black mage, pretty solid but is eclipsed by Ulrika in even her niche late. Scan's always nice though. Pepperoni is the standard hard hitting, high HP tough guy but manages to be better than most of them. Goto is every bad thief stereotype merged into one; awful damage, no timed cards, no MT, and stealing is of dubious value in this game. I ended up giving him Teraheal and had him spam it and items against all the hard bosses, utilizing his uh speed???

The highlight of this path plotwise is Ulrika and Chloe's interactions,  s well as Flay and Tony being awesome. Tetri is a pretty amusing main villain; she is probably nicer than everyone in your party and just loves cute things. Also, she's so rational and Ulrika hurts her brain. I agree, Tetri, I agree.

After the final boss was over, the main villain comes to your house and pets the final boss. Alrighty. Also, Ulrika using Mana Guidance against the final is... awkward~

Ended up getting Chloe's ending, where she body swaps Ulrika and Uryu.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game in its later stages but much like MK1 it is a slow starter. I'm gonna tackle Raze's path next in order to do the combined path.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 21, 2014, 01:09:51 AM »
Bravely Default:  Huh, I guessed wrong on that plot twist.  And that one as well.  Good job of not being too obvious, game.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 21, 2014, 08:23:58 PM »
Lightning Returns - Yeah I was overconfident, only managed to finish off one more main story segment Sazh's on Day 4, did manage to get to right before the boss for the other Wild Lands story section though but had no items/EP left and by the time I'd left to restock I didn't have any time left by the end of the day. I didn't get Yusnaan Snow story cleared like I wanted to either. Oh well did manage to clear a semi main quest Mog as well as get a bunch of subjects and Chocolina/Canvas of Prayers quests done while in the process of working on things. Also managed to extinct a bunch of monsters and get a huuge giant pink sword w/th 900/900 ATK/MAG + Auto Regen (15 secs) aww yeeah~

Other shinies include Skeleton's Earrings (Status Ailment Damage +100%) and Warrior's Hunter Mask (STR +15%, steals the effect of Bravery, Faith, Haste cast on any enemy struck by Heavy Slash)~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 21, 2014, 10:12:03 PM »
After the final boss was over, the main villain comes to your house and pets the final boss.

This isn't even slightly misdirecting or misleading. MK2 is great.

Xenogears -

Hour 19: Hey we're almost twenty hours into the game, about time we got an airship! The music that plays here is the same as when you get your actual (more ridiculous) airship later in the game which is a nice touch since it is a very "airship-y" theme for lack of a better way to put it. I definitely actually bought that we'd reached that point in the game. Of course, things have to show up and ruin your day...

First is Grahf. He shows up so the PCs go fight him in a suitably ridiculous fight in which he punches your gears while on foot because that's just how he rolls. (He also has durability of wet tissue paper, so as far as badass moments go, it's not too badass.) He won't ever target Elly, in case you missed the fact that the gear which protected Elly during the Hecht detonation was his, and while the fight is short enough that might not notice this, Elly remarks on the fact afterwards.

Xenogears, of course, knows that the best way to trump ridiculousness is with more of the same, as Citan orders Hammer to fire the main guns at Grahf, and Hammer does, and Grahf is dealt with (at least for the time being). Hammer of course is super-excited and offers his famous MAD SKILLZ line, and goes on to brag about how awesome he is before Rico shows up and clubs him in the head. What the hell dude. Rico's just getting on my nerves this playthrough!

More ridiculousness ensues as Bart catches sight of the Goliath and shoots it down in a scene which is almost word-for-word identical to the one where we first met the guy. I find this scene hilarious, honestly. Like, I just got my airship and who shoots it down, destroying it and generally ruining my day? Oh yeah, it's that asshole. AGAIN. asdjsadadalkhf well played, Xenogears. I go back and forth on Bart and I get why he gets hate here but it is amusing.

Rico goes and punches someone in the face for a more deserving reason. Bart goes to apologise thereafter and Rico is all "hey bro whatever I already punched you in the face and I don't hold grudges. btw I've changed my mind and I'm joining now". Well... sure I guess? (I guess we never do learn what that business he wanted to take care of out of town was?)

Grahf appears before Ramsus, marking his first overt appearance before Gebler, informing Ramsus that "he" (obviously Fei) was on the crashed Goliath, over the ocean. Ramsus flips out and goes to follow. Miang then confronts Grahf alone, marking the second meeting between the main two villains. The two remain on rocky terms, as Miang tries to understand why Grahf would "help" Ramsus that way, and hints that the connection between Ramsus and Fei is something she is abusing for as yet unknown gain.

The Gazel also get their second scene, with Cain this time, as we get reintroduced to most of the major players who were missing for the past few hours (not Shakhan I guess). They talk a lot about how they've discovered this lost city called Zeboim which some dude named Krelian is really excited about, and are alarmed that Fei is still alive (which Cain kinda mocks them for. I knew I liked him for a reason) and that things seem to be unfolding similarly to 500 years ago. Even on the first playthrough, if you thought this was the last time "500 years ago" was going to be mentioned, then you aren't very genre savvy!

Fei and Elly meanwhile are stranded on the ocean together. Arbitrary sure but hey it works. I definitely appreciate more character scenes between the two. This one focuses more on Fei, as he examines his reason for helping people. Fei thinks that he isn't such a good person as he seems, and that he has just been helping people (Bart, Kislev, etc.) because it makes him feel needed and good about himself. It's a pretty honest appraisal and fun to watch, even if the game doesn't provide many answers. For Elly, the game establishes she is still thinking about going home (and why shouldn't she? That's where her family and life are), confident (or at least convincing herself) that she would be branded MIA rather than a traitor, and talks about returning to Solaris but... just not being part of the army she can no longer stomach.

They also see Shevat, and in general Shevat gets talked about by both parties a bit here as it becomes clear we'll be visiting at some point. One thing I totally never caught until now: the reason Shevat was so much lower when you see it near the start of the game is because it was picking up the Lahan survivors at Yui's request. A nice touch.

Fortunately, before the two of them can starve to death, they are rescued! By men! Of the sea!

Maybe.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 22, 2014, 07:28:15 PM »
Been catching up but woah that Redrum /Id thing is cool.
Poor Redrum.

FF1 Black Mage solo: I already steamrolled through an early FF, I'm stopping now. Nothing can really be interesting anymore at this point.
Kary did die to one single puny black mage staff physical attack.

Parasite Eve 3:

At the very beginning of the game everything is already fucked up like it's Disc 3 or 4.
Earth is fucked and you time travel to the past to collect data or something. It's pretty vague. You get no context and have to read through files FF13 style to get the story.

My boss is this guy:

His name is Hyde.
Slightly suspicious?

There's a lot of rampant gross sexism, most obvious being Aya's clothes gradually getting torn off. Better than lolis but terrible.

I started on hard and the difficulty can only properly be described by this smiley: O_O
Seriously grinding right now to get past a boss named Emily.

Gameplay is "PSX weird". RPGish third person shooter with no aiming? And lots of weird systems like teleportation between NPCs? This is no Mass Effect but it is certainly... something.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 22, 2014, 07:46:44 PM »
44: Silver Knight
45: Silver Knight
46: Silver fucking Knight
47: Silver. Knight.
48: O & S
49: SILVER KNIGHT
50: O & S
51: O & S
52: O & S
53: O & S
54: O & S
55: Giant Knight
56: Silver Knight

Pretty much all the non-O&S deaths are just impatience. My current build takes forever to kill Silver/Giant Knights, which has started to make me rush, which is making me fail, which is getting me more annoyed, which is making me rush harder, which is creating an infinite fail loop.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:53:32 AM by AndrewRogue »

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 22, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »
If it's of any use, I found silver knights to be one of the easiest enemies to practice parrying against due to the predictable rhythm of their combos (well, silver sword knights at least; silver spear knights are just dicks who I can only backstab after blocking their spinny slash). Shield bash + thrust = parry thrust, three-hit combo = parry second hit. Don't really need lightning reflexes to parry when they telegraph their moves so clearly.

Giant knights I just run past. Or shoot with arrows from the stairs if I want to safely summon Solaire, they don't even react or bother to heal up if you stay out of aggro range.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 22, 2014, 08:51:20 PM »
B-but inefficiently grinding titanite chunks!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #399 on: February 22, 2014, 10:03:39 PM »
Better than lolis but terrible.

Oh man wait until you get to the last plot twist!  If you didn't already think Toriyama was a creep...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:06:02 PM by Anthony Edward Stark »