Author Topic: Futurama 2018 REVENCEANCE Week 3  (Read 1458 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2018 REVENCEANCE Week 3
« on: October 22, 2018, 01:14:01 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)
Katze Koltolnos (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier)
Rhapthorn (Dragon Quest VIII) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire III)
Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Wizard (Bravely Second: End Layer)

Heavy

Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) vs Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel)
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World)
Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)
Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Middle

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)
Xander (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)
Blanca (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Gen (SaGa Frontier)
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny)

Light

Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Boco (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Menardi (Golden Sun)
Squire (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Brady (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Donnalto Presance (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2018 REVENCEANCE Week 3
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 04:04:11 AM »
Godlike

Katze Koltolnos (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier)

Heavy

Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) vs Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) - So Jeremy is about 0.38 PCHP to me, while the killpoint I use for CS2 (which is pretty much the harshest listed in Tide's topic) puts Jusis's S-Break at doing 90%ish of that, so just giving Jeremy's tripleact the bird isn't an option under my views.  So then the question to me is "can Jusis dodge one out of three Jeremy attacks?"  Jusis has 20% evasion not accounting for agility and Jeremy's hit is listed as "roughly average" so probably gonna give Jusis the benefit of the doubt here since there are probably reasonable enough views that make it so he doesn't even need to.
Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Y'know, maybe in hindsight I should've voted Geddoe over Strawman since I legit forgot magic repel was a thing and was probably worth respecting enough to give him that, but eh.  That said while W8 is confuseable I kiiiiiind of don't see Tomato Bomb working so uh, RIP.

Middle

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)
Xander (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV) - Thinking there are too many things that Cecil hates to deal with here.

Light

Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Menardi (Golden Sun) - I mean you could probably come up with a reasonable enough argument for the other way around but not with my dim view of Menardi's durability.
Squire (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Brady (Fire Emblem Awakening) - Back to abstaining on FE13/14 kids now that I'm not being hoisted by my own obscura nom-shaped petard.
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Donnalto Presance (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) - Congrats on beating Rufus, Donnalto.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:20:59 AM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 04:52:35 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)- Gut check of not Ultima
Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Wizard (Bravely Second: End Layer)

Heavy

Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) vs Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel)- Don't have a solid handle on Jeremy's exact HP, so unsure if Jusis OHKOs. Wouldn't be a question if Jusis had a magic S-Craft
Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Middle

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- Yulie's super poor evade really doesn't help here, and she needs to get too many buffs up for this.
Blanca (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Gen (SaGa Frontier)- Constant 2HKO that runs Blanca out of MP
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny)- Damage control + Healing

Light

Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Menardi (Golden Sun)- Menardi isn't really anywhere near a Light to me (is there some reason that her HP wasn't very good. I remember it being very solid and the topic doesn't really give an impression otherwise)
Squire (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Brady (Fire Emblem Awakening)- Anti-voting the one that has no stat topic entry despite being from a game with multiple stat topics.
...into the nightfall.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 05:23:20 AM »
Godlike
Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) - Isn't Sanctuary Keeper pretty much better in *every* way except maaaybe HP? Doesn't help that Altima's tricks don't work here.

Heavy
Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) vs Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) - For the record, Jusis can equip the Pattern Shirt over the Red Jumper for additional evade which he probably wants to do here. It drops his P.dur, but since he's really relying on evade to survive in either case, it's probably his preferred option in the fight. With it he has 30% evade, which should swing the match a little more in his favor. Of course, for me, all of this is moot because I definitely see an initiative OHKO here.
Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)  - NEB, can Sacrifice be Magic Counter'd? The only attacks in FM3 that can't be countered or GT/MT attacks,which Sacrifice isn't, so I don't see Clarissa being able to escape a M.Gun counter. That probably puts her HP too low to finish the job here. 

Middle
Xander (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV) - Just too much pressure for Cecil. Xander's counters + his high defense give Cecil issues. He's spending most of his turns juggling healing and then hoping he hits past the evade. And when he does, he's not doing enough.

Light
Squire (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Brady (Fire Emblem Awakening) - Uh...kneejerk.
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Donnalto Presance (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) - Well, Donnalto runs into someone who has better  than 15HKO damage. So this goes about as expected.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 05:25:42 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 05:52:59 AM »
Dhyer: Actually, Brady does have a stat topic entry, or at least as much of one as can be sane for the kids:

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=6250.msg184999#msg184999

Yeah, I agree that Awakening kids are in general no bueno, but Brady is basically a meme nom because NR Light, and I didn't really expect him to make it past week 1.  I'm shocked Elephant is bad enough to fail it up!

Heavy

Yeah, with the 48K killpoint that comes out to ~0.375 PCHP damage for Jusis, and willing to sport him this one since an evade setup or punishing Jeremy's AI more can easily flip it even if that barely doesn't KO.
Huh.  0.75 PDur?  Yeah, Ryogo surely at least does average damage, so Clarissa will die to a single counterattack.
You can argue that Sacrifice outranges, but...  not so sure about that, it's 4 range, which is the same as machine guns.  OTOH, missiles are like 9 range in FM3, and WAXF Emulator skills are "only" 6 range or so for a comparison long-range nuke, so you can argue Clarissa's 4 range is relatively longer?  A borderline case.

Middle

Cecil can't safely ever go on the offensive, and eventually runs out of MP.

Light

Squire doubles with WTA and easily outpaces Renewal, and Brady's axe counters scare nothing.
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Donnalto Presance (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)
Well, Donnalto does tank better against mages than fighters...

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 12:01:22 PM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)- Altima bad. Altima very bad.
Rhapthorn (Dragon Quest VIII) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire III)- Slower than Ryu? Ouch.

Middle

Blanca (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Gen (SaGa Frontier)- Strong kneejerk here.
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny)- Yeah, sure. Rutee's helped by the fact that a new stat topic would make some of the other characters (CHELSEA) much worse due to no overleveling. Squall needs to 2HKO through Barrier and I don't see that happening; buffing means no limits are going to matter.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 09:39:51 PM »
I'm shocked Elephant is bad enough to fail it up!

I think you will find that none of my light noms were nommed for competence.  Even by Futurama Light standards.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:45:40 PM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 09:54:15 PM »
Elephant, the real hero of NR Light.

--
As another thought on Clarissa vs. Ryogo, Clarissa does have a strat now that I think about it: Rob Turn and then run away, then Howling Shot -> Sacrifice.  Howling Shot's range was extremely long IIRC, so that would avoid a counterattack (although you'd also need to ignore shield hype...  which I have no problem doing).  Clarissa does need to pass a 75% check and then an 80% check with no guard rails (unlike Rob Turn chains, she can't miss the Howling Shot and still have another chance to bail herself out, like she would with a 2nd Rob Turn attempt...  although she could instead try and aim for Rob Turning until she had THREE turns in a row?!)  This does require A) Clarissa starting in Rob Turn range, B) the map letting you even have room for such shenanigans, and C) the checks all being made per above, but it's something.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 02:48:44 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X): Even with my Hastega hype for boss durability.
Rhapthorn (Dragon Quest VIII) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire III): Kaiser or other more MP-efficient options.
Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Wizard (Bravely Second: End Layer): The Hammer might get past the evade (and anything OHKOs) but Wizard is slow and Darts get Dodged.
Heavy

Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) vs Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel): S-Craft. Though thinking on it the final stat topic will be ToCS4.
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World): I want to say Umi can KO?
Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics): Sweet cheese and crackers.

Middle

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4): Haste-healing strikes.

Light

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 05:06:59 PM »
Were Wizard's Darts subject to evade in game? If not, I don't think I'd see Selvaria's evade as enough to get past them.
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 06:02:19 PM »
BS didn't have any kind of magic evasion.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 07:03:27 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X): Yeah probably. SK has more damage and durability. Altima can roll the dice on Grand Cross causing Berserk, but it's equally likely to cause Slow which triggers a Haste counter, so I dunno about that... and it's not like SK's physical is total garbage anyway so yeah never mind.
Katze Koltolnos (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier): Oh man okay, two limit bosses. Katze OHKOs from the start but BossX has more HP. Katze is faster (even before Accel probably?). Still, he's probably going to have to tank two turns here and that's very, very borderline since the second will be limit-powered, and BossX can probably tank two Katze turns.
Rhapthorne (Dragon Quest VIII) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire III): Time for Ryu to own some slow slugger Godlike bosses? Kinda what he does.

Heavy

Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World): Umi needs the Warp Trident to go first and avoid becoming a popsicle. Myuria meanwhile needs a silence blocker (and wishes lightning was an element she could resist properly). Umi... go first, Siren's Call, Cute Pose, Elec Strike for the OHKO (barely! Not having Chaos Trident hurts, she does only like 7300). Myuria gets one turn and it depends on if Cute Pose is seen as lowering freeze's hit rate. On the whole, I'm inclined to say it does.
Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics): Cooker 8 marches on.

Middle

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4): Am I missing what the heck Lion can do to beat healers? He only wins this if he's seen as faster and fear is seen as a status Yulie can't block. He fails the former fractionally to me so I don't have to think about the latter.
Xander (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV): Middles who are better than this in-game! I think Xander puts on too much pressure for Cecil to heal past, though.
Blanca (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Gen (SaGa Frontier): Blanca is marginally faster but doesn't 2HKO and Gen 2HKOs. Lifesprinkler and healing are both 11 uses though! That said, though the damage isn't listed in his entry, Gen probably can 2HKO with TripleThrust -> Lifesprinkler so his WP will last long enough.

Light

Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Boco (Final Fantasy Tactics): Has the offence to overwhelm Boco.
Squire (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Brady (Fire Emblem Awakening): Presumably.
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Donnalto Presance (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together): Presumably.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 02:53:09 AM »
Godlike

Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Wizard (Bravely Second: End Layer)- yeah Selvaria has that kinda evade mechanic where I'd subject almost any ST damage to it. Wizard can murder her with any of like five Spellcrafts... just not the one that goes before Selvaria.

Heavy

Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World)
Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)- No vote.

Middle

Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny)- No vote.

Light

Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Donnalto Presance (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- No vote.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 02:57:41 AM »
Selvaria's evade works on flamethrowers and explosives and grenades and so on.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2018, 12:44:15 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiiiii
Katze Koltolnos (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier)- iii
Rhapthorn (Dragon Quest VIII) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire III)- iiiii
Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles)- ii vs Wizard (Bravely Second: End Layer)- i

Heavy

Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) vs Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel)- iiiii
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World)- ii
Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3)- ii vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)
Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiiii

Middle

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- i vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- iiii
Xander (Fire Emblem Fates)- iiiii vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)
Blanca (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Gen (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiii
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny)- iiii

Light

Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)- iii vs Boco (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics)- i vs Menardi (Golden Sun)- ii
Squire (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiiii vs Brady (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates)- iiii vs Donnalto Presance (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)