Register

Author Topic: Season 63 Rankings: Making the final cut  (Read 13912 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Season 63 Rankings: Making the final cut
« on: January 28, 2011, 05:44:40 AM »
Alright, here's the final barrier to what gets into the RPGDL. There's three questions...

1. Have you played this game?

2. Rank it?

3. Why or why not?

Some good reasons not to rank a game...

A. Not enough voters at the RPGDL.
B. Too hard to compare them to other RPG characters (assuming you've seen them that is).
C. Not interesting enough (i.e. boring in a duel and not much to write about them)
D. Other (please specify)

2/3 support (66.66...%) is needed for a game to be ranked. Each character in the game also needs 66%- IE if Wild ARMs 5 is ranked with 95% of the voters but only 15% support ranking Volsung and the rest no/abstain on him, he won't be ranked.

The games this time:

Fire Emblem 10

Soul Nomad
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Season 63 Rankings: Making the final cut
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 05:51:48 AM »
Fire Emblem 10

Yes
Yes

Support: Miciah, Sothe, Elincia, Naliah, Cain, Sanaki, Oliver, Seph, Zel, Kier
Abstain: Lekain, Lucia, Geoffery Tarureno- I'm just not sure on these three. Going to hold on an abstain for Lekain. Silence gimmick is cool, but I really don't have a strong opinion about him.
No: rest

It's fine on support and there are already promises about writeups, so.

Soul Nomad
Yes
Edit: Yes

Sure, why not. Danette, Grunzford, Juno, Levin, Odie Tricia, Vitali, abstain Layna Thuris and Rashka, no to the rest
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:59:16 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 06:09:21 AM »
Soul Nomad
1. Yes
2. Yes to all regular Path PCs (Including Levin) minus Revya and Thuris. No to anything else.
...into the nightfall.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 06:21:36 AM »
Soul Nomad:

Yes
Yes

Dhyer's topic is pretty straightforward for having a good interp of this cast. The characters actually mostly resemble their in-game worth (save for the healers, but that's true of a few DL games). Any of the interp 'issues' with the main cast has been already dealt with from OB's precedent, and the typing match-ups are fairly straightforward too. Anything that was unusual, Dhyer analyzed pretty elegantly, I feel. It's a bit hard to understand if you haven't actually played the game, but I don't think anyone who has played it has any real disagreement on how this cast can be reasonably viewed in the DL.  At least for anyone getting ranking hype.

Definite Ranks: Plot-important, main-path permanent PCs not named Revya
Danette
Vitali
Juno
Grunzford
Odie
Tricia
Layna

Good Ranks I'm Supporting:
Agrippa - most of his plot is Demon Path, but he's a permanent PC fairly DL- interesting
Thuris - Major plot boss, memorable, little-to-no interp issues
Raksha - Most memorable boss of the game. Decent dueler. His only interp issue is having another form?
Gestahl - Plot-important boss with some interesting stuff, actually fights alone

Iffy Ranks I'm Supporting:
Shauna - Early enough boss to avoid most interp issues, major plot player, some favoritism
Endorph - Entirely a popularity thing, but easy-to-interpret temp and hey ranking one more won't hurt anything and maybe it'll make super happy about SN~

Abstain:
No-Summoning Revya
Galahad
Pinot
Levin
Demon Path PCs

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Yes
Yes

Definite Ranks:
Elincia
Micaiah
Sothe
Naliah
Skrimir
Caineghis
Sanaki
Volug
Sephiran
Zelgius

Good Ranks I'm Supporting:
Lekain - Interesting Limit boss
Ranulf - he's probably one of the most prominent plot players and he's a decent unit in FE10 with Olivi Grass

Questionable Ranks I'm Supporting:
Edward - Memorable in his suckiness, but do we really need more FE-clones?
Nolan - See Edward, only we have less of this class ranked
Leonardo - See Edward, only we have too many of this class ranked, but he has an awesome special weapon.
Kurthnaga - DL needs more FE Dragons
Lethe - She'd be fun in Light with Olivi Grass and her FE9 form is the best of the transforming Laguz there, so double reason to rank her.
Mordecai - His match in NR was awesome.
Ashera - Her barrier thing is kind of interesting
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 06:55:12 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 06:38:16 AM »
Fire Emblem 10

Glorious y
Glorious y again whatever Elfboy said, he has literally won, the FE is getting into my brain make it stop- I love FE, FE is the greatest thing, I can't smile unless I think of FE

Soul Nomad

Glorious like 1/3rd of the game
Glorious whatever Djinn said, literally ranking a better OB, okay fine only the first list, literally trying to not stale up the site when it's like a stone's throw away from being dead
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:30:36 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 07:24:43 AM »
Fire Emblem 10

Played it. Rank it.

Marcia, Kieran, Zelgius, Elincia, Micaiah, Sothe, Naliah, Sanaki, Cain, Lekain, Sephy, Oliver.

Abstain on Volug, no to everything else.

Soul Nomad

Played it. Rank it. Rank Danette, Levin, Odie, Juno, Grunzford, Tricia, Vitali, Layna, Thuris, Rashka. No to everything else.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:57:19 PM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 08:10:04 AM »
b) at least has a lot of characters are different than normal classes (and I don't think the ones who aren't should be ranked). The argument 'this bad rank is in so we should correct this problem by RANKING MORE THINGS THAT ARE BAD!' is the best. A special no to summoning Revya and Gestahl. How is Gestahl more plot important than Shauna? >_>

Not sure how SN main PCs being upgraded versions of the basic classes makes them a worse rank. Not only does it make it even easier to see how badass their stats are by giving them an even more direct comparison, but it also helps reinforce typing because you see it that much more often. They really do stand out head and shoulders above generics. Obviously thinking the OB system doesn't translate well is a different story, although doesn't seem like OB's ever run into problems because of it.

You may be thinking of fake Gestahl?
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 01:12:56 PM »
I don't think Shauna can even attack in the DL based on the human path, IIRC.

Not supporting Cain, Ciato?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:21:10 PM by superaielman »
-------------------

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 02:57:16 PM »
She can use her Special(or whatever the term in-game is) to do damage.  Not that it's anything less than sad, but it's there.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 05:19:30 PM »
Each character in the game also needs 66%- IE if Wild ARMs 5 is ranked with 95% of the voters but only 15% support ranking Volsung and the rest no/abstain on him, he won't be ranked.

So no is the same as abstain??

Fire Emblem 10
Yes.

2. Rank it?
Yes.

Abstain: Everyone else.

Soul Nomad
Yes.

2. Rank it?
Abstain.

If ranked, rank: Danette, Grunzford, Odie, Tricia, Vitali.  Abstain on everyone else.

3. Why or why not?
whatever bro
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 06:14:47 PM by Talaysen »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »
Fire Emblem 10
1.Yes
2.Yes
Rank: Michaiah, Sothe, Nailah, Elincia, Marcia, Geoffrey, Sanaki, Volug, Ranulf, Skrimir, Sephiran, Zelgius, Lekain, Ashera, Caineghis, Jarod
Abstain to everyone else.

Soul Nomad
1. Yes
2. Yes
Rank: Danette, Vitali Juno, Grunzford, Odie, Tricia, Layna, Shauna, Agrippa, Thuris, Raksha
Abstain to everyone else.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 07:05:16 PM »
It's just a blanket statement for odd ranks (Yay we ranked FF7, this includes Godo!!).
-------------------

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 08:35:41 PM »
Fire Emblem 10

Yes
Yes

Not picky about who but OLIVER IS A MUST.

Soul Nomad
Yes
No

Whatever, it's not even an awesome rank anyways. No rankable Gig.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 10:59:38 PM »
Fire Emblem 10

No.

2. Rank it?

Eeeeeh. Abstain.

Soul Nomad

Yes. Rather fond of it.

2. Rank it?

No.

3. Why or why not?

I feel rather strongly against it as a DL game even now. I'm with Ciato in this: I wouldn't have agreed to rank OB if it came up either, and just because we set a bad precedent doesn't mean we should repeatedly incur it.

If it gets ranked, I'd only consider the non-Revya and Levin Normal Path PCs. 

No to any and all bosses and/or Demon Path PCs. Second playthrough-only PCs are not good ranking ideas as a rule.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 11:16:42 PM »
Fire Emblem 10[/b]

Rank it.  I support everything from the game; the below comments only provide reasonings.

Playable Characters Who, If Not Ranked, Will Be Anally Violated By OK at DLCon (with last names!)
I'd like to think these people should obviously be ranked based on their FE10 appearance!  Hopefully the Rule of OK doesn't apply here >_>

Micaiah Miller - First primary character in the game.  Loads of plot importance, required for use, etc.  Pretty obvious.

Sothe McVargus - Sleeps with Micaiah!  Or not >_>  Anyway...required for use in the end, pretty damn good in the Dawn Brigade, present overall. 

Elincia von Mistoff - Major importance in both games, pretty playable and present for both Part 2 and Part 4.  Not required, but most people probably use her, and she's got too much plot viability to not rank.  Complete puny, but hey, plot-important.

Sanaki Smith - BURN TRATIOR~  Otherwise...plot important, present in both games, unique weapon, class, item, etc.  Stands out since she's required, too.

Kurthnaga Adair- Plot in both games.  He's also required, and a good unit.  You're going to use him a little, even if it is just for the support skills.  Formshift also avoids most Laguz issues too!  Really feels like a good character that fits all that you'd be looking for in the laguz translation (he's like a Royal!  And level 24 isn't crazy far behind - he catches up fast, and there are loads of opponents on the final maps).

Reyson - Plot in both games, may be required near the end of FE10 (is the best of the Herons anyway), is awesome with his support abilities as well.  Strikes me as big enough to rank, really.

Playable Characters Who, If Not Ranked, Might Be Anally Violated By OK, If You're Cute (with last names!)
Characters that, while not people who should be obvious ranks, are strong nonetheless and really should have a strong chance of being ranked

Lucia Ishfal - Plays as a Lord for a chapter.  She's...pretty decent?  Anyway, she has plot in both games as part of Elincia's retainer crew, is a required join (though not use), and is memorable at the least for being usable.  More plot than the other swordmasters, and is memorable for also having voice lines!  I think!  Plus, hey, more FE10 swordmasters are cool.

Geoffrey Grashford - See above.  Also has Brave Lance hype, so turns out pretty good in the end too.  Is also a better green-haired cavalier than FUCKING OPEN YOUR GODDAMNED EYES YOU WORTHLESS PILE OF SHIT OSCAR!!!!

Bastian McManus - See above.  Same thing, except he doesn't serve as a Lord, but is instead a SECRET AGENT ("That Sage is a Spy!")

Nailah Jackson - Laguz Royal.  Least plot of all of them, really, I think, but she's the first you have access to, and she's pretty awesome.

Caineghis Moriselli- See above.  More plot than Nailah too. 

Playable Characters Who, If Not Ranked, Might Be Anally Violated By OK, If He's Drunk And It's Dark (with last names!)
Characters that, while not people who should be obvious ranks, probably are interesting enough to get in, give or take.  This also includes old FE9 characters

Pelleas Ponmerci - I...lots of plot, and, while a 2nd game character...he's easy to get, and he's awesome.  It's FE/PKMN - a lot of the basis of characters is theoretical and based on stat tierings, etc. 

Volug Afroman - Half-shift makes him better than all the other non-Royals!  Helps the DB, and people like his usability (for all that I didn't get much out of it in-game).

The Dawn Brigade (Edward, Leonardo, Nolan, Fiona, Laura, Aran, Meg) - The first three are a bit more unique due to their weapons, but they all fall in the same vein as a FE9 Character who only appeared in FE9.  i.e., used in-game (and horribly memorable for failing like sin...except Laura), but moreso as bodies than anything.  Laura should be ranked most definitely, as she is the uber tank in the Dawn Brigade.

Remaining FE9 People (Kieran, Tauroneo, Zihark, Makalov, Astrid, Marcia, Brom, Largo, Calill, Devdan, Danved, Rolf, Shinon, Gatrie, Rhys, Tormod, Muarim, Stefan, Renning, Mordecai, Haar, Ilyana, Giffca, Ranulf, Lethe, Ulki, Janaff, Nealuchi, Leanne, Nasir) - Uh...don't feel like going through all of them.  Stefan has claim to Vague Katti, Renning has a boss form, Giffca is a kind of Royal who starts with a Laguz Gem...yeah, not much else to say.  Granted, I'd say rank Kieran, boot Oscar >_>

Playable Characters Who I Don't Care Enough to Fight Over (with last names!)
Characters that...are borderlineish

Remaining New Laguz (Vika, Kyza, Lyre, Gareth, Rafiel, Skrimir) - Eh...whatever.  They suck DL-wise - all puny, pretty much.  Plot important in...Skrimir's case, but...

Bosses!

Jarod, Lekain, Hetzel, Valtome, Ludveck, Numida, Izuka, Zelgius, Sephiran, Ashera, Levail, and Oliver (PC, I know, blah blah blah) are the strongest, I think.  Have to be killed, are awesome (LIKE HETZEL), and plot important.  Oliver is just coooooooool.  The others...are fine to rank, but not as important, really.  I could see saying no to Ludveck (not required to kill), and on Numida since he's...kind of generic, but eh.  Would also support some FE9 people like Ashnard and Petrine as well.

Soul Nomad[/b]

Rank it, once again support everything.  Although we do need to write this day down - I actually agree 100% with Dhyer's comments.  It's not that "we ranked one bad game let's rank another!", it's that the game is good.  It's popular-ish.  It's interesting.  The interpretation issues people cite I do not understand - I've never seen them pop up for Ogre Battle, so...why are they popping up now?  May comment more later.

100% Important Ranks (stealing organization go!!!!)
Revya
Danette
Vitali
Juno
Grunzford
Odie
Galahad
Tricia
Layna
Shauna
Dio
Cuthbert
Kanan
Thuris
Raksha
Feinne
Pinot
Agrippa

Strongly Support, Should be Ranked but not as high on the list as the above
Endorph
Rockum
Sockum
Van Gogh
Thorndyke

Not sure on where to stand here, may be good ranks, but...something odd in the most minutely of minute microcosms of the mind halts the full support that is desired here...
Levin
Gestahl

Don't Care Much, can do without
Van Cross
Ben Cross
Hometown Bard
Hometown Baredknuckle
Hometown Wirlwin
Nash
Larouche
Juno's supporting Nereid 1
Juno's supporting Nereid 2

Don't really support, for all that they'd be cool
Asagi
Lord Median
Kotaro
Lujei

!Troppus Ton Od
Drazil
Gamma
Joules
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 12:12:22 AM »
Are people still trying to allow SN characters to switch rows midbattle or did we get rid of that nonesense?

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 12:26:53 AM »
That was presented at one point?  I don't remember it, and never did myself.  I assume it is dead, if so.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 12:41:11 AM »
You may be thinking of fake Gestahl?

Fake Gestahl is way more memorable!
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 12:55:30 AM »
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Played it, it is good stuff. Rank it; no reason not to rank at least a small number, just to legitimise FE10 forms for Elincia, Tibarn. I'm quite fine with a small ranking, whatever others want.

Support:
-Micaiah (man ranking this game not her would make lots of sense)
-Sothe (yup)
-Nailah (memorable, strong dueller, awesome)
-Elincia (uber amounts of plot)
-Marcia (more or less feel she should be ranked from 9 anyway, but 10 form works as she has notable part 2 plot)
-Sanaki (as Elincia)
-Oliver (inoffensive fun)
-Caineghis (see Nailah, replace awesome with having more plot or something~)
-Lekain (extremely memorable villain. His battle form is... not particularly, but I think most people see his interesting gimmick, which is the MT silence. If people want to view him as "mediocre but has accurate silence" that's... actually pretty accurate, so he should be fine)
-Zelgius (spoilers blah blah blah yeah just rank him, fills in a big hole from FE9)
-Sephiran (pretty much the main villain of the 2 games, not ranking him is like not ranking Nergal, except Seph sucks less in-game)
-Ashera (you know what? Rank her. She's memorable as hell and while there will probably be some interpsplit on how to handle her, I don't think it amounts to much in the end; either she has the auras or support credit to her HP. Either way she's a Godlike of some flavour, varying from a Belial variant without the speed to a standard FE boss with an actual skillset. Seems worth ranking and inoffensive enough in practice regardless)

Abstain:
Jarod (definitely the 5th boss I'd support, but he's a worse version of Lekain as a ranking idea), Kieran, Izuka, Geoffrey, Lucia, Tauroneo, Nolan

No:
Everyone else. This includes any and all non-royal laguz including Volug and Kurthnaga, all underlevelled Dawn Brigade members, all Greil Mercenaries not yet ranked, Levail (though he's an interesting dueller, I can't really justify a rank...), Dheginsea, Valtome, Numida, and Ludveck.

Soul Nomad:

Haven't played it. May at some point.

Eh... don't really support it. Maybe a FW would be appropriate? Niche PS2 game, boring in the DL, has some interp issues at worst (see what Tal just said) and is a series of poor translations at worst. OB comparisons don't help since I don't really consider OB to be a particularly great ranking success, and SN seems to lack what little that has made OB a salvageable idea (i.e. certain PCs with standout stats a la OB dragoons, decent external playership).

Kinda annoying because part of me actually definitely wants to rank more right around now. I'd be all for a quick turnaround before the next ranking period if there's interest. Just not sold on SN though. This position is arguable, but is officially a "no" for now.

EDIT: Yeah, it's been argued into an abstain. No to Agrippa (minimal plot on main story arc), Endorph (temp), and Gestahl (that real/fake thing), though. EDIT2: And Reyva of course.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:13:20 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 01:37:44 AM »
I'm pretty strongly against Jarod. He does have the plot, but the couple of uber PC's you get from his map(s) make me not inclined to respect him as an idea. Massive votesplit plus a midboss rarely ends well.

-------------------

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 02:04:51 AM »
Haven't played either one. Abstain on both.

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 02:19:29 AM »
No dragon god ranking support?! 

Soul Nomad...interesting as a quality is highly subjective, so I won't argue that (what makes one interesting seems to vary a lot), although I will argue the Ogre Battle comparison (no standout stats like the Dragoons); there are definitely some standout stats among the group.  Danette's ACT, Revya's everything is pretty strong, Grunzford's offense, Layna's everything, etc.  The standout thing moreso for this cast compared to Ogre Battle are the skillsets, though - strikes me as more standout (most are unique, some are shared among generics) overall, as they can do more than just straight attack things.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 02:27:52 AM »
FE10

1. No
2. Abstain

Soul Nomad
1. No
2. No

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2011, 02:33:43 AM »
FE10:
No
Yes

FE10 sounds awesome and makes me want to get a Wii but I already have a giant backlog and there are Stalkers to warp in. :(

Soul Nomad:
No
No.

Could be argued into "Abstain" for major character ranks and a small ranking (<= 6 chars, say), but meh.  I think the DL should rank lots more than it does, but niche PS2 titles with interp issues?  I'd be in favor of turning around with another ranking period again soon too, since the DL skipped a good few for awhile.  The semi-strong internal is nice, but now that writeups aren't as big an issue, don't help as much as general playership.

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 02:36:33 AM »
FE10:
No
Yes

FE10 sounds awesome and makes me want to get a Wii but I already have a giant backlog and there are Stalkers to warp in. :(

Soul Nomad:
No
No.

Could be argued into "Abstain" for major character ranks and a small ranking (<= 6 chars, say), but meh.  I think the DL should rank lots more than it does, but niche PS2 titles with interp issues?  I'd be in favor of turning around with another ranking period again soon too, since the DL skipped a good few for awhile.  The semi-strong internal is nice, but now that writeups aren't as big an issue, don't help as much as general playership.

I assume you are suggesting we rank some Starcraft?  Plenty of playership!

...I'll get behind that.