Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 9~  (Read 4659 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 9~
« on: April 17, 2010, 03:39:49 AM »
I think you know the drill by now. Copy the match ups below and bold which song you like better. The names are links to a stream of the song.

If there are any mistakes, please let me know ASAP so we can fix them.

I will put up a new pool every half week and they will all be open for a week as well. If enough people don't like this pace, I am willing to change the schedule, but let's roll with this and see how it goes.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Enter Star Wolf VS. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Humoresque of a Little Dog
Xenosaga - Margulis VS. Wild ARMs - Courage
Muramasa - Deep in Mountain and Valley B VS. Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon - Dungeon Hero X’s Theme
Xenosaga III - hepatica (KOS-MOS) VS. Hanakisou (PS2) - Kuro Taka

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Corridor VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin -
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Shin Onigashima VS. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Miror B. Theme
Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1 VS. God Hand - Gene’s Rock-A-Bye
World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/.

ANIME
Macross - Do You Remember Love? VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Naraku no Hana
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Cool Edition

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VII - Blasphemously Awaiting the Frostbitten Mako Reaction Atop the Highest Crest of a Grim and Anxious Heart While Raiding Weapons on a Fjord Off the Edge of Despair as The Planet Cries (Mako Reaction) VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "β" 2
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All - Gyakuten Saiban Orchestra Album ~Gyakuten Meets Orchestra~ - Gyakuten Saiban 2 Court Suite VS. Pokemon Gold, Touhou - Leon @ Lightning Spirit - Versus Johto Trainer

Full pool downloads
Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?y1wdntg22u0
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?mdojmmuqnn4

Note: .hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) is incorrect in the full pool download links.  You can download the correct one from the Box link above.

Voting closes in one week after the time of this post.  11:00 PM EST Friday, April 23
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:49:42 PM by Talaysen »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 9~
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 04:01:01 AM »
Full pool downloads are up.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 05:22:55 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Enter Star Wolf VS. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Humoresque of a Little Dog
Xenosaga - Margulis VS. Wild ARMs - Courage Easy
Muramasa - Deep in Mountain and Valley B VS. Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon - Dungeon Hero X’s Theme

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Corridor VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - Splat. I'm not a fan of Corridor and it's going up against a fantastic song.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Shin Onigashima VS. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Miror B. Theme

ANIME
Macross - Do You Remember Love? VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Naraku no Hana
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Cool Edition

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VII - Blasphemously Awaiting the Frostbitten Mako Reaction Atop the Highest Crest of a Grim and Anxious Heart While Raiding Weapons on a Fjord Off the Edge of Despair as The Planet Cries (Mako Reaction) VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "β" 2
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All - Gyakuten Saiban Orchestra Album ~Gyakuten Meets Orchestra~ - Gyakuten Saiban 2 Court Suite VS. Pokemon Gold, Touhou - Leon @ Lightning Spirit - Versus Johto Trainer

Edit: Listened to correct .hack track.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 03:56:54 AM by dude789 »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 05:33:28 AM »
EDIT: (Listened to Correct track.  Vote remains the same.)

MAIN TOURNAMENT

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Corridor VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin -
World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/.: For the Alliance.

ANIME

ARRANGED
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 11:32:51 PM by Fudozukushi »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 05:47:38 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Enter Star Wolf VS. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Humoresque of a Little Dog - Don't care that much for either.
Xenosaga - Margulis VS. Wild ARMs - Courage - Not great, but Margulis is dreadfully dull.
Muramasa - Deep in Mountain and Valley B VS. Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon - Dungeon Hero X’s Theme - Not really my thing but... is the other track Man With The Machine Gun with worse sound quality?  Either way, blah to the second track.
Xenosaga III - hepatica (KOS-MOS) VS. Hanakisou (PS2) - Kuro Taka - hepatica is nice, but kinda boring, while Kuro Taka is not as nice and about as uninteresting.  *shrugs*

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Corridor VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - - AoS had a couple good tracks, and I really wouldn't say the Castle Corridor theme was one of them, not that the good AoS tracks could compete against the awesomeness of the Minstrel Song track.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Shin Onigashima VS. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Miror B. Theme - Shin Onigashima is kinda badass.  Other track is kinda lolwut.
Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1 VS. God Hand - Gene’s Rock-A-Bye - Huh, Rock-A-Bye is cooler than I was expecting.
World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/. - Man, the At3 track is kind of a mess.

ANIME
Macross - Do You Remember Love? VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Naraku no Hana - Don't really care for this, but at least it's not DYRL?.
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Cool Edition - So not close.  EDIT: Listened to the correct version.  Still so not close.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VII - Blasphemously Awaiting the Frostbitten Mako Reaction Atop the Highest Crest of a Grim and Anxious Heart While Raiding Weapons on a Fjord Off the Edge of Despair as The Planet Cries (Mako Reaction) VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "β" 2 - Way to be bad and completely uninteresting, Blasphemously Awaitng the Frostbitten Mako Reaction Atop the Highest Crest of a Grim and Anxious Heart While Raiding Weapons on a Fjord Off the Edge of Despair as The Planet Cries (Mako Reaction) of Ulm.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All - Gyakuten Saiban Orchestra Album ~Gyakuten Meets Orchestra~ - Gyakuten Saiban 2 Court Suite VS. Pokemon Gold, Touhou - Leon @ Lightning Spirit - Versus Johto Trainer - Sure, let's go with this.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:38:40 PM by Random Consonant »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 06:08:08 AM »
World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/. _ Ugh, why, why has EXEC_Z/. has to be nominated!!?? But... since it is in... it mustchampmustchampmustchampmustchamp

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 06:09:15 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Enter Star Wolf VS. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Humoresque of a Little Dog- I guess?  I dunno.
Xenosaga - Margulis VS. Wild ARMs - Courage- Hm.  Maybe it's nostalgia, or maybe Margulis is a little too... stiff, but yeah.  Feeling Courage more.
Muramasa - Deep in Mountain and Valley B VS. Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon - Dungeon Hero X’s Theme- Something about the electric rhythm thing Deep Mountain's got rubs me the wrong way.  Dungeon Hero X is inferior to the original but, y'know, that happens.
Xenosaga III - hepatica (KOS-MOS) VS. Hanakisou (PS2) - Kuro Taka-  I... man.  Kurotaka has something underneath all that... thing, but there's just way too much thing.  hepatica is zzzzz but less thing.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Shin Onigashima VS. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Miror B. Theme- Inferior to the Colosseum take.
Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1 VS. God Hand - Gene’s Rock-A-Bye- How is a God Hand track zzzzz?
World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/.- Oh hurray I can stop listening to these songs.  C'mon anime!  Rule!

ANIME
Macross - Do You Remember Love? VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Naraku no Hana- Not as interesting as the other Higurashi song, but not bad.
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Cool Edition-  I dunno.  both are cool in their way.  I think I like Cool Edition more, but the spoken bits break up the flow of the song so I think it loses a point there and that's enough.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VII - Blasphemously Awaiting the Frostbitten Mako Reaction Atop the Highest Crest of a Grim and Anxious Heart While Raiding Weapons on a Fjord Off the Edge of Despair as The Planet Cries (Mako Reaction) VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "β" 2- Argh.  Whatever.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All - Gyakuten Saiban Orchestra Album ~Gyakuten Meets Orchestra~ - Gyakuten Saiban 2 Court Suite VS. Pokemon Gold, Touhou - Leon @ Lightning Spirit - Versus Johto Trainer- Phoenix Wright track only has one decent section, Pokeymans is just jazzing up a catchy tune.  Is enough.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

EternalLurker

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 08:29:35 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
  Hmph. The Brawl version of Star Wolf is significantly inferior to the Star Fox Assault version I nommed, for which I'd've voted over Humoresque. ...Possibly.
  >_>
  not a competition at all
  I gave up on the first one two minutes in.

Considering how my noms have been doing so far (Midna's Desperate Hour lost by a little bit cuz you all suck, but I've won every other contest 'til now), I'm okay with losing this one. Unfortunate matchup in terms of sound quality, of course, since GBA music can't have variation in dynamics, but whatever.
  yeah wut
  <_<
  Hey an EXEC piece that doesn't suck....wow, this is fairly awesome. One of the top three in the pool. Meanwhile I forgot what Stormwind sounded like two seconds after it was done.

ANIME
  this isn't anything remotely approaching a contest guys
  Asakura's image song is easily the best Haruhi song three times over. Granted, that's not saying much because there isn't much competition (only Ima Made no Arasuji and Kyon's Hare Hare Yukai are fun, and Yuki's image song somewhat nice), but yeah, still gotta say it beats Kioku. This matchup sucks, though, because I hate that either of these has to lose in round 1.

ARRANGED
  Not the most interesting piano piece, but it's pretty fucking hard for any piece to lose to that thing. Also Nitori I hate you forever.
  Arrangements can do wonderful or terrible things to a piece. This is the former case. I would never vote for a Pokemon piece under any other circumstances.

EDIT: Listened to the right version of Kioku now thanks to Tonfa's link. That sounds much more familiar and faster-paced. The full version loses much of the fire of the first due to length and pace.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:35:45 PM by EternalLurker »

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 09:29:10 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Xenosaga - Margulis VS. Wild ARMs - Courage - More Margulis

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Corridor VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - - Saruin will eat your face if you don't vote for him
Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1 VS. God Hand - Gene’s Rock-A-Bye - More God Hand

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VII - Blasphemously Awaiting the Frostbitten Mako Reaction Atop the Highest Crest of a Grim and Anxious Heart While Raiding Weapons on a Fjord Off the Edge of Despair as The Planet Cries (Mako Reaction) VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "β" 2 - Man this guy kept asking and begging me to vote for the former and finally I give in also best song name ever
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:53:43 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 10:38:01 AM »
The Kioku that is up is in fact the album version of Kioku despite claiming otherwise - only the Liminality Version ever played in the show. The correct link is here: http://www.box.net/shared/0jms9d6exh
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Enter Star Wolf VS. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Humoresque of a Little Dog: Don't care that much for either sums it up.
Xenosaga - Margulis VS. Wild ARMs - Courage: Okay, now I don't care at all for either.
Muramasa - Deep in Mountain and Valley B VS. Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon - Dungeon Hero X’s Theme: Hm, Valley's interesting. Meanwhile it competes against a far inferior MwtMG.
Xenosaga III - hepatica (KOS-MOS) VS. Hanakisou (PS2) - Kuro Taka: Hepatica's equal parts nice and boring. Going against nom power, so this's easy.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Corridor VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin -: Corridor's not bad, but this is like facing Ghaleon on main site in round 1.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Shin Onigashima VS. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Miror B. Theme: What everyone else said, really.
Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1 VS. God Hand - Gene’s Rock-A-Bye: Ah, it was this one. Sure, good enough here.
World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/.: Psyduck. Meanwhile, Stormwind is just uninteresting...I'll figure out what I think of Z in the next round.

ANIME
Macross - Do You Remember Love? VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Naraku no Hana: Meh. Mehhh. I cannot even stomach to listen the other track to the end, though, so.
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Cool Edition: Easy.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VII - Blasphemously Awaiting the Frostbitten Mako Reaction Atop the Highest Crest of a Grim and Anxious Heart While Raiding Weapons on a Fjord Off the Edge of Despair as The Planet Cries (Mako Reaction) VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "β" 2: Less GRIMDARK
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All - Gyakuten Saiban Orchestra Album ~Gyakuten Meets Orchestra~ - Gyakuten Saiban 2 Court Suite VS. Pokemon Gold, Touhou - Leon @ Lightning Spirit - Versus Johto Trainer: Nom power vs. wall of noise.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 02:22:44 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Enter Star Wolf VS. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Humoresque of a Little Dog - Star Wolf is so plain. >.> Humoresque wins on comedy value alone.
Xenosaga - Margulis VS. Wild ARMs - Courage - Stuff happened. That's enough to win here.
Muramasa - Deep in Mountain and Valley B VS. Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon - Dungeon Hero X’s Theme - ...WIIIIIIIIIIN. Totally wasn't expecting that! XD Anyways, generic vs. awesome, so this works.
Xenosaga III - hepatica (KOS-MOS) VS. Hanakisou (PS2) - Kuro Taka - Ehh, sure.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Corridor VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - Not close.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Shin Onigashima VS. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Miror B. Theme - What did they do to Miror B's awesome awesome music? ;_;
Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1 VS. God Hand - Gene’s Rock-A-Bye - Aha! Finally! A good match! Wily shows retro music done right, while Rock-A-Bye is just a pretty fun tune. Going for music quality over sound quality here, but good to see some good stuff again.
World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/. - Hmm. I like both, but Exec is just superior. This seems like a slaughter, seeing as I'm more in favour of Stormwind than most so far. >.>

ANIME
Macross - Do You Remember Love? VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Naraku no Hana - I had to stop the Macross song about halfway through 'cause it was annoying. In contrast to that, the Higurashi track is actually good.
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Cool Edition - Average vs. good. Also, nom clause. - And yes, this was with the edited Tonfa track~

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VII - Blasphemously Awaiting the Frostbitten Mako Reaction Atop the Highest Crest of a Grim and Anxious Heart While Raiding Weapons on a Fjord Off the Edge of Despair as The Planet Cries (Mako Reaction) VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "β" 2 - Yeah, I've nothing against BAtFMRAtHCoaGaAHWRWoaFOtEoDaTPC(MR) but... it's dull. That said, it did more than the Saga one. Go lose in the next round, whichever one wins. >.>
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All - Gyakuten Saiban Orchestra Album ~Gyakuten Meets Orchestra~ - Gyakuten Saiban 2 Court Suite VS. Pokemon Gold, Touhou - Leon @ Lightning Spirit - Versus Johto Trainer - Wait, these two matches both happened? what the crap. Couldn't they have been split? :( Tough choice, best match here by far.

Edit: Posted under the right account. Whee~
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:49:09 AM by Yoshiken »

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 06:41:30 PM »
EDIT: I'll... get around to this later.
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME
Macross - Do You Remember Love? VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Naraku no Hana - Seriously guys.

ARRANGED
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 06:48:08 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Enter Star Wolf VS. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Humoresque of a Little Dog - Quirky~
Xenosaga - Margulis VS. Wild ARMs - Courage - Sure.
Muramasa - Deep in Mountain and Valley B VS. Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon - Dungeon Hero X’s Theme - Man, I like both.
Xenosaga III - hepatica (KOS-MOS) VS. Hanakisou (PS2) - Kuro Taka - Pretty vs Eh.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Corridor VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - - Not my favorite RSMS boss track, but good enough to win here.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Shin Onigashima VS. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Miror B. Theme - Not as funny as the other Mirror B song.
Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1 VS. God Hand - Gene’s Rock-A-Bye - Sure.
World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/. - Eh?

ANIME
Macross - Do You Remember Love? VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Naraku no Hana - Man, I don't even like the former's style of music in a language I can understand. Don't care for the latter much either, but I could at least stand to listen to the whole song.
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Cool Edition - Uh...this is actually tough. I enjoyed both, though maybe that's from coming right after the last match.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VII - Blasphemously Awaiting the Frostbitten Mako Reaction Atop the Highest Crest of a Grim and Anxious Heart While Raiding Weapons on a Fjord Off the Edge of Despair as The Planet Cries (Mako Reaction) VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "β" 2 - Dunno about the planet, but my ears are certainly crying after that first song.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All - Gyakuten Saiban Orchestra Album ~Gyakuten Meets Orchestra~ - Gyakuten Saiban 2 Court Suite VS. Pokemon Gold, Touhou - Leon @ Lightning Spirit - Versus Johto Trainer - Man. Match of the pool right here. No complaints from me no matter which one takes it.

EDIT: I listened to the correct .hack song the first time(assuming the one in Tonfa's link was the right one, yes?)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 09:08:06 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 06:50:31 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/.      Argh stop making me want to resub asdadfsggadfasdf

ANIME

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 08:50:45 PM »
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) was incorrect, has been fixed, please go back and listen to the correct one and edit post to say you have done so or I can't count the votes.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 09:12:06 PM »
Alright, Tonfa, if you knew there was a version out there that said it was from Liminality and really wasn't, why couldn't you say so earlier? >_>

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 10:29:20 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Enter Star Wolf VS. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Humoresque of a Little Dog - Wolves are better than dogs anyway.
Xenosaga III - hepatica (KOS-MOS) VS. Hanakisou (PS2) - Kuro Taka - Actually does something. Hepatica is oh-so-very bland.

World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/. - Sometimes Ar Tonelico music is like watching a dump truck crash into an orphanage: completely horrifying, but you just can't look away.

ANIME
Macross - Do You Remember Love? VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Naraku no Hana - Do you remember not sucking? I do.
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Cool Edition - You want to know a good way to make me hate a track right away? Open it up with someone chattering at me in Japanese before the song actually begins.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VII - Blasphemously Awaiting the Frostbitten Mako Reaction Atop the Highest Crest of a Grim and Anxious Heart While Raiding Weapons on a Fjord Off the Edge of Despair as The Planet Cries (Mako Reaction) VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "β" 2 - All of Kadmium's tracks sound the same...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 12:18:24 AM »
Eh.
Margulis is pretty good.  Nice imposing music.  Courage is okay.
WTF WTF NOOOOOOO.  I like Laguna's battle theme, and this is the techno mockery of it.  Second Miltia would beat it.
Kuro Taka is pretty awesome, but going with my nom here.  I like how hepatica has a distinct start, middle, and end, all of which are good, something a lot of RPG tracks miss out on due to the need to loop.

I do like Corridor a lot, and yeah this isn't the best of the RSMS boss tracks, but still edges out Corridor here.
sure.
Both good in their own way, will go for the retro nod.
Closeish.  Some parts of Exec_Z are pretty good, but it's mixed with too much I don't really like.

ANIME
Sure.  DYRL is a bit too sappy.
These are both excellent, but it's still an easy pick.

ARRANGED
zzz vs. a dude yelling at me.
I guess.  Most of the PW orchestral arrangements, sadly, I'm not a big fan of, which is a shame because I like PW music a good deal.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 12:56:00 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Xenosaga - Margulis VS. Wild ARMs - Courage - Margulis is plodding in comparison.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Corridor VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - - yeeeeeah.
Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1 VS. God Hand - Gene’s Rock-A-Bye - Meeple must be crying over this one.
World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/. - wait, it's from AT3 and I actually like it?

ANIME
Macross - Do You Remember Love? VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Naraku no Hana tough to compare them, they hearken from such different eras.
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Cool Edition - easy.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VII - Blasphemously Awaiting the Frostbitten Mako Reaction Atop the Highest Crest of a Grim and Anxious Heart While Raiding Weapons on a Fjord Off the Edge of Despair as The Planet Cries (Mako Reaction) VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "β" 2 - my nom, and a very easy choice.  The FF7 piece is a fun idea, but just too heavy and plodding.

EDIT: this reflects the new Kioku
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 04:11:04 PM by NotMiki »
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 02:16:14 AM »
Alright, Tonfa, if you knew there was a version out there that said it was from Liminality and really wasn't, why couldn't you say so earlier? >_>

The wrong version is just called Kioku, I have no idea how it got there.

Taishyr

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 03:53:17 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Corridor VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - Been lazy on commentary. Corridor's cool but low quality, giving Saruin which is nice but kinda long the win.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Shin Onigashima VS. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Miror B. Theme - See Yoshiken.
Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1 VS. God Hand - Gene’s Rock-A-Bye - Nostalgia wins no points from me, pretty much ever, oddly. So the nice little rock piece wins out over a decent but not great chiptune.
World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/. - J-pop where the vocals are pretty okay wins out over something ripped from a movie. This is actually more a comment on how I like J-pop if the vocals don't turn me off.

ANIME

ARRANGED
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:37:34 PM by Taitoro »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 04:01:45 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Enter Star Wolf VS. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Humoresque of a Little Dog: Slapfight. This track has less banjo.
Xenosaga - Margulis VS. Wild ARMs - Courage: More games need character themes on a par with this. Has the perfect air of menace.
Muramasa - Deep in Mountain and Valley B VS. Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon - Dungeon Hero X’s Theme: I laughed a little.
Xenosaga III - hepatica (KOS-MOS) VS. Hanakisou (PS2) - Kuro Taka: Kajiura vs. eh.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Corridor VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin -: Something Else vs. RSMS boss track. Usually only one way that goes.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Shin Onigashima VS. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Miror B. Theme: Kinda repetitive, and longer than it needs to be. Still beats the hell out of the other track.
Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1 VS. God Hand - Gene’s Rock-A-Bye: Classic.
World of Warcraft - Stormwind City Theme VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_Z/.: I like a lot of the AT vocal tracks, but this one's pretty bland technopop. Still trumps generic High Fantasy Epic Location background muzak.

ANIME
Macross - Do You Remember Love? VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Naraku no Hana: Match of diabetes.
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Cool Edition: Too short, but doesn't have random talking interrupting it.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VII - Blasphemously Awaiting the Frostbitten Mako Reaction Atop the Highest Crest of a Grim and Anxious Heart While Raiding Weapons on a Fjord Off the Edge of Despair as The Planet Cries (Mako Reaction) VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "β" 2: Boring >>> horrible, horrible vocals.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All - Gyakuten Saiban Orchestra Album ~Gyakuten Meets Orchestra~ - Gyakuten Saiban 2 Court Suite VS. Pokemon Gold, Touhou - Leon @ Lightning Spirit - Versus Johto Trainer: The middle part was kinda cool.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 04:45:43 AM »
Also Nitori I hate you forever.

Don't say things like that. It just encourages him.

EternalLurker

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 05:07:56 AM »
I'm aware of that, but someone has to tell him that he's a horrible, horrible person, no matter how much he enjoys being one. :P