Register

Author Topic: Your style  (Read 1061 times)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
Your style
« on: February 25, 2008, 03:08:24 PM »
Been a while since I seen one of these ... I think <_<

So how do you play the DL? Do you just kind of go with the flow or do you have specific styles for different games?

Shadow Hearts 2/Chrono Cross/Suikoden V - Allow characters to use both crests/elements/whatever of their natural affinity (so for example Kyle gets Flowing and Flowing Sword Rune) and of any extra element they might come equipped with.

FFXII - Headache but currently going with something like allowing characters equipment/skill upgrades/ based on the kind they come with by default - like Penelo is a White Mage that wields status inflicting daggers! >_> Ashe is a Paladin. Something like that.

S03- Allow MoT weapons. Tempted to allow Peppita and Sophia their ultimates based on uniqueness factors (Peppita's is the only one in Sphere that comes without negative factors) and Sophia's also comes with no negative factors ... but it's dropped by the very last boss so no ... and would it even help her anyway? Allow max skill level proficiency. Mainly to avoid headaches over if Maria gets to use L10 Scatter Beams why can't so and so use max whatever but also because certain skills do level up quite fast in gameplay like Scatter Beam, Peppita's dances,  Nel's Healing, Side Kick can be spammed like crazy, etc. Allow item creation options that players can make  (for example Sophia/Peppita/Roger can make elemental resistance rings easy so they get to equip them <_<)

VPII - Allow skills that can be learned from store bought accessories.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Your style
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »
Wild Arms 4 - Allow the characters who want it to use elemental ley points at will in a duel. Makes Jude and Yulie less fail. Would let bosses take advantage of this too if it significantly helped.

BoF2, S3, LoL, LoL2, etc. - Allow characters to use forms that plot-wise require another character to access. Doesn't help Ryu2 much, but allows LoL characters and bosses to use Ra-Seru to take alternate forms and I allow Luc the TWRI form, even though that requires ridiculous amounts of preparation and a set of Sindar ruins to access - since he actually manages to do it in-game, I allow it. I'd also allow those elemental rune orbs he gets, and anything similar to other bosses who use those. By this interpretation, I want to allow Team Attacks to all the duelists that have those, but I suspect I'd get murdered.

Games with Limit-style skills (FF7, SoA, Lunar Legend, ToS, TotA, VP to a degree, WA series to a degree) - My kneejerk is to allow these characters to start a dual with a full Limit meter since I would never enter say, a boss fight without these kinds of skills full. Games where the meter empties after each battle are iffier, but SoA and WA characters feel so bland spending all their turns building up to use their skills, and takes away from their uniqueness in the same way that not being able to fill up the combo meter in VP does. After using up their initial full meter however, I would insist that they have to build it up to full in the standard way. I just dislike the idea that certain battle system aspects are entirely ignored in the DL due to the standard DL format. This is all very controversial and I haven't actually voted this way in the DL because I imagine the ensuing debate would cause me to get banned, so I'm content to vote on the normal trend here. But if this was -my- Duelling League, things would be different, oh yes...! >_<!

All I can think that I do (or would do) differently from other people.

-Djinn