Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Round 2, Pools 11&12~  (Read 3529 times)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 02:54:26 PM by Yakumo »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Round 2, Pools 11&12~
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 02:57:42 PM »
Main Tournament
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Rock'n Rocks (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)
To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia)
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV)
Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) vs. The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV): Not that great, but I'm not digging the MM track at all.

EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia): Guiding Star needed to not just cut off at the end.
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V)
Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. R&R Junkee (Phantom Brave)
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF)

FAILURE BRACKET
Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3)

ANIME
Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin)
Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) vs. Hemisphere (RahXephon)

Anime songs need to split up and take on the scrubs in the other pools. Probably highest overall level of quality we've seen in this batch.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:04:33 PM by El Cideon »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 03:27:34 PM »
Main Tournament
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Rock'n Rocks (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)
Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) vs. The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV)

EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia)
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V)
Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. R&R Junkiee (Phantom Brave): Walnut is, in fact, not superior.
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF)

FAILURE BRACKET
Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3):

SENSATION

FEEL THE VIBRATION
(what is wrong with all of you)

ANIME
Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) vs. Hemisphere (RahXephon)
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 04:47:08 PM »
Main Tournament
Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) vs. The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV)

Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. R&R Junkee (Phantom Brave)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 05:42:11 PM »
Main Tournament
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Rock'n Rocks (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)- Although this is the first Touhou track I know of that didn't have some horribly bad part dragging it down!

Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. R&R Junkee (Phantom Brave)- I think?  Close enough match at any rate.

FAILURE BRACKET
Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3)- Richard, hast thou lost thy balance?

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 06:32:39 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 07:39:09 PM »
Main Tournament
To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) - There's really not much to Tomorrow. Fury Sparks is at least slightly memorable.
The Legendary Sorcerer (Tales of Legendia) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) - Sorry, Prelude, but you have just been ensorcelled. Legendarily.

EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) - *splat*
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V) - *squish*
Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. R&R Junkee (Phantom Brave) - *squash*
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF) - *smoosh*

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 08:15:01 PM »
Main Tournament

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 04:34:28 AM by Talaysen »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 08:20:36 PM »
Main Tournament
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Rock'n Rocks (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - The rocks just don't rock me.

The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) - *rolls eyes at prelude hype*

Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. R&R Junkee (Phantom Brave) - R&R Junkie is meh.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) vs. Hemisphere (RahXephon) - Yep/

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 10:43:27 PM »
Main Tournament
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Rock'n Rocks (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - Heavy vs. Godlike.
To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) - Tomorrow isn't bad, Sparks is more my speed.
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) - Simple enough.
Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) vs. The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV) - It takes very little to beat Unknown Castle for me. Dark Man is overkill.

EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) - Good match here.
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V) - Castle Imitation is kinda meh.
Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. R&R Junkee (Phantom Brave) - Not a huge fan of Cursed Rune.
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF) - Another good match. 

FAILURE BRACKET
Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) - I guess? The more I hear Bitter Dance the more I like it, but it still feels a bit worse then Flat Zone? Whatever.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 01:04:36 AM »

Main Tournament
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Rock'n Rocks (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - So...  Touhou goes 2/2 in Round 2 for me?  Go figure.
To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) - Huh.  I voted against Sparks before, and To Tomorrow is great, but I like Sparks much much more after relistening to it.  Not sure why I didn't like it the first time.
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) - Excellent match.  Still leaning Legendia.
Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) vs. The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV) - Sure.

EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) - Close.  My first vote against Legendia?!  Guiding Star is a bit short, so yeah.
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V) - Not close.  Voted against Castle before, too.
Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. R&R Junkee (Phantom Brave) - Not close v.2.
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF) - Happiness was indeed intruded upon.

FAILURE BRACKET
Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) - Fails vs. doesn't fail.

ANIME
Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin) - Damnit.  Coinflip match, both are fantastic.  Both of these beat either of the below, and those aren't slouches either.
Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) vs. Hemisphere (RahXephon) - I actually like Hemisphere's short-version better than Inner Universe's short version, but Hemisphere's long version damages the song too much.

Idun

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 05:00:50 AM »
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Rock'n Rocks (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - No competition here. Granted, both sux.
To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) - Wooh! I need to get Arc the Lad 2.
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) - Sorry. Nostalgia just ain't workin' here.
Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) vs. The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV) - I find it hard to get into many Mega Man songs.

EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) - Legendia needs to stop it with anything vocal.
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V) - I really have nothing to say. Both of these kinda suck.
Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. R&R Junkee (Phantom Brave) - Very beautiful.
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF) -This makes me bop.

Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3)  - WHAT.

Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin) Pft. Anime.
Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) vs. Hemisphere (RahXephon)   Pft, pft, pft    !!

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 12:31:21 AM »
Main Tournament

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 03:14:45 PM »
Main Tournament

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 07:40:54 AM »
Slightly less than 24 hour notice!  Get your votes in now!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »
Dark Man Stage - Is win.
Intrude Upon Happiness - Both absolutely rule.
Flat Zone - Bitter Dance is amusing, you people suck, etc.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 11:41:30 PM »

Main Tournament

FAILURE BRACKET
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 04:09:07 AM »
Main Tournament

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 04:47:28 AM »

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 03:42:13 PM »
FAILURE BRACKET
Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) - asdfghdgjk.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 08:29:17 PM »
Results!

Main Tournament
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) [8] vs. Rock'n Rocks (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) [7]
To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) [4] vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) [9]
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) [9] vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) [6]
Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) [9] vs. The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV) [6]

EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) [14] vs. Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) [zero]
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) [11] vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V) [2]
Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) [9] vs. R&R Junkee (Phantom Brave) [6]
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) [9] vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF) [6]

FAILURE BRACKET
Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) [6] vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) [10]

ANIME
Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) [6] vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin) [5]
Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) [7] vs. Hemisphere (RahXephon) [6]