Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Round 2, Pools 9&10~  (Read 4282 times)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Round 2, Pools 9&10~
« on: April 19, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »
The second half of the second round begins now!  Which of our competitors shall survive to fight another day?  What will happen when Kirby tries to eat a guitar?  Can Soul Nomad outrun FATE?  Which would win in a fight, an ancient vampire or a giant robot?  It's all up to you!  This pool will close in five days, on Friday, April 24, at midnight EST.  Also, the name of The Girl in Byakkoya doesn't match what it was called last round but it is the same song, Soppy and I were just both mixed up on the name.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Side Battle (Fire Emblem 10) vs. Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV)
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The True Mirror ~Guitar Ver.~ (Baten Kaitos)
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki)

Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross)
Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) vs. Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterranean Animism)
Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations)
Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza)

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3)

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. The Girl in Byakkoya (Paprika)
The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime) vs. Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam)

Download links!  http://www.mediafire.com/?akmjglhlnvh and http://www.mediafire.com/?mjqunyuh2td
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 05:20:28 PM by Yakumo »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Round 2, Pools 9&10~
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The True Mirror ~Guitar Ver.~ (Baten Kaitos)
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki): Is not Still Alive. Is not Still Alive. Is not Still Alive. Is not Still Alive. Is not Still Alive. Is not Still Alive. Is not Still Alive.

Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross)
Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) vs. Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterranean Animism): 'tis a pity about Scars.
Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations)
Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza)

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3)

ANIME
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 05:39:40 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) vs. Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterranean Animism)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 05:07:44 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 09:39:42 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The True Mirror ~Guitar Ver.~ (Baten Kaitos) - Mmmmm...guitar.
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki) - *sigh*

Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - Melty Blood! Yeah, I just like saying that.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Not much to say this time. Kind of a bland pool, honestly.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 10:09:34 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:56:15 PM by Talaysen »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 10:12:36 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 11:07:49 PM »
Battle with the Four Fiends
Dancing Mad 4

Sphere Hunter Seagull Group

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Bardiche

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 11:19:24 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee)
vs. The True Mirror ~Guitar Ver.~ (Baten Kaitos)
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki) - Last one felt like it was going somewhere but after one minute and a half minute or so I just gave up.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. The Girl in Byakkoya (Paprika) - Argggh, take some of my favourite songs and pit them against eachother. Feel like I've done my job hyping Yuki Kajiura enough so let's go with Paprika.
The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime) vs. Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) - Apathy.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 10:02:13 AM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT

Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) vs. Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterranean Animism) - Damnit >.<

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 06:14:37 PM »
Side Battle (Fire Emblem 10) vs. Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) - Idly, Is this the FF4DS version or something? Sounds better than I remember.
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Could change my mind on this later, Astaroth is... weird sounding but kinda catchy.

Madlax (Madlax) vs. The Girl in Byakkoya (Paprika) - Really good match.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 09:22:39 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) - Less chocobos, so bigger failure
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 10:51:57 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Side Battle (Fire Emblem 10) vs. Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) - Side Battle is good, but I gotta go with the classic.
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The True Mirror ~Guitar Ver.~ (Baten Kaitos) - Kirby~
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Astaroth isn't bad at all. But it's still beat here.
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki) - I like Tibet. Really. Just, Still Alive is so completely my style of humor.

Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) - KerSPLAT. I continue to not get the Prisoners of Fate hype.
Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) vs. Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterranean Animism) - Somehow, AT music is exempt from my normal dislike of japaneese lyrics. Dunno exactly why, but.
Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations) - Whatever. Don't really care for either one.
Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - Yeah, Seven Heroes is outclassed here.

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) - I guess? I actually like Sphere Hunter, and #1 isn't good, just amusing? Meh, neither really fails.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 04:10:38 AM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The True Mirror ~Guitar Ver.~ (Baten Kaitos) - Very close.  Violent Storm probably would have taken it here.
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - More active.
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki) - Is Still Alive!

Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) - Speeding in Monopoly gets you tossed into the Prison of Fate.
Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations) - From Niu's comment last time, I vote we use "Flaxen Necklace" as the name.  Googling it up,  it seems some people did translate it that way - Tow is way too obscure.  I have to wonder if the translator used a Japanese-English dictionary from 1905 or something.
Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - Not sure.

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) - Number 1 is actually amusing in its own cheesy way, though it does fail.  Sphere Hunter is just irredeemable, though.

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. The Girl in Byakkoya (Paprika) - Yup.  Apparently I'd listened to the wrong track before with Parade, and Girl in Byakkoya...  is even weirder.  Watched it on YouTube, which included a completely bizarre video to the music, too.  Credit for bizarreness, but I like Madlax too much anyway.
The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime) vs. Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) - Both are excellent.  Tiebreaking by the longer piece.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 08:22:57 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Still Alive (Portal) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki) - Science > Cho Aniki

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 03:15:04 AM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Idun

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 04:27:11 PM »
Side Battle (Fire Emblem 10) vs. Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV)     No competition.
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) vs. The True Mirror ~Guitar Ver.~ (Baten Kaitos)   Never heard it, but I like it.
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)  Hell yes. Respect SH musics w/ fervor.
Still Alive (Portal) vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki)   The first song was actually pretty good, but I prefer this one.

Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross)   These are two totally different sounding songs. Weird competition. Going for the slower paced song.
Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) vs. Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterranean Animism)   Cute.
Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations)    Again. Pacing preferences.
Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza)   MIDI quality ftw. Wish The End of 1000 Years would have continually focused on the piano.

Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) vs. I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) Horrid. Plus, what, Sphere Hunter Seagull Group ftw.

Madlax (Madlax) vs. The Girl in Byakkoya (Paprika) Good stuffs.
The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime) vs. Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) Picking this because it's the first voice I've liked in any of the voiced tracks I've heard during the tourneys. >.>

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 07:10:46 AM »
Remember, this pool closes at midnight EST Friday!  Get your votes in now!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 07:30:40 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 07:05:13 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 04:46:51 AM »

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 06:39:45 AM »
Results!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Side Battle (Fire Emblem 10) [1] vs. Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) [16]
The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) [12] vs. The True Mirror ~Guitar Ver.~ (Baten Kaitos) [3]
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) [9] vs. Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) [8]
Still Alive (Portal) [10] vs. Tibet ~Salvation~ (Ai Cho Aniki) [4]

Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) [5] vs. Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) [10]
Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) [9] vs. Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterranean Animism) [4]
Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) [8] vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations) [6]
Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) [6] vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) [8]

FAILURE BRACKET
Sphere Hunter Seagull Group (Final Fantasy X-2) [8] vs. I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) [10]

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) [7] vs. The Girl in Byakkoya (Paprika) [5]
The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime) [3] vs. Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) [9]