Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Vol. 2 ~Pool 15~  (Read 4353 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Vol. 2 ~Pool 15~
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 04:12:03 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Reach Out to the Truth (Persona 4)
- I'd rather just have both of these go on...

Sky Gate (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Battlefield of Steel (Princess Waltz)
- Can we just have neither of these go on and both from match 1 go on?

Cradle of the Ivory Moon (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. When the Northern Sky is Clear (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles)
- Sure.

Shin Onigashima (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Nightless City Guara Bobelo (Wild ARMs 4)
- Brawl has like 350 tracks and like 100 are better than this one...  Not that many of them beat Guara Bobelo anyways.

Idola the Fantastic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou)
- Both are good.

Confiant (Knytt Stories: The Machine) vs. Theme of Arcueid (Melty Blood Act Cadenza)
- Has some serious synth issues but it exists.

Mysterious People (Suikoden 3) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky)
- Kinda interesting.

Overture (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Bombing Mission (Final Fantasy VII)
- Whatever.

FAILURE BRACKET
Waterfall (Koudelka) vs. Critical Hit (Wild ARMs)
- KOUDELKA BATTLES

ANIME
Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. Shangri-La (Sakyuu no Fafnir)
- Huh, that was pretty interesting.

Lu:Na (New Fist of the North Star) vs. Salva Nos (Noir)
- Slaughtertastic.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 04:17:30 AM by Talaysen »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 04:31:57 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Reach Out to the Truth (Persona 4)
Sky Gate (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Battlefield of Steel (Princess Waltz): Growing less fond of this as time passes...but it'll do here.
Cradle of the Ivory Moon (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. When the Northern Sky is Clear (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles)
Shin Onigashima (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Nightless City Guara Bobelo (Wild ARMs 4)
Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou): I-DO-LA~ (Tallychu if you had nommed Winter this would have been worth thinking about)
Confiant (Knytt Stories: The Machine) vs. Theme of Arcueid (Melty Blood Act Cadenza)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. Shangri-La (Sakyuu no Fafnir)
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 05:26:47 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Reach Out to the Truth (Persona 4) - ROttT is catchier than it has any right to be, but it's not enough here.

Sky Gate (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Battlefield of Steel (Princess Waltz) - Oh hey somebody nommed decent VP.  Too bad BoS is more than just decent.

Cradle of the Ivory Moon (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. When the Northern Sky is Clear (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - Actually does something.

Shin Onigashima (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Nightless City Guara Bobelo (Wild ARMs 4) - Odd little piece, though by no means bad.  Certainly the more interesting track, so I'll go with that.

Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou) - A fanatic viper, really?  I think I liked Idola better when it was a strange fruit, though I'd have to give it a relisten to say for sure.  Going with Rakuge for now.

Confiant (Knytt Stories: The Machine) vs. Theme of Arcueid (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - I'll take ambience over Theme of Arcueid's synth, thank you very much.

Mysterious People (Suikoden 3) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky) - Eh.

Overture (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Bombing Mission (Final Fantasy VII) - Bombing Mission is pretty decent despite the poor quality.  Overture is boring.

FAILURE BRACKET
Waterfall (Koudelka) vs. Critical Hit (Wild ARMs) - Why is Waterfall so long?  It's not like it has to have a four minute loop, given how short random battles in Koudelka are, in my experience.  Anyways, aside from a couple of questionable bits (which are towards the end of the loop, which you don't even get to ingame), there's nothing really *bad* about it aside from its association with KOUDELKA RANDOM BATTLES.  Critical Hit, meanwhile, is a critical failure.

ANIME
Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. Shangri-La (Sakyuu no Fafnir) - Good match, this.

Lu:Na (New Fist of the North Star) vs. Salva Nos (Noir) - This match, however, is made of meh and fail.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 06:01:55 AM »
Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou): I-DO-LA~ (Tallychu if you had nommed Winter this would have been worth thinking about)

I did nom Winter!

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 06:19:45 AM »

I did nom Winter!

Too low!
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 06:24:41 AM »
Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou)

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 01:20:03 PM »
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Reach Out to the Truth (Persona 4) - That style of singing annoys me. Y'know, breathy female singers. >.>
Sky Gate (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Battlefield of Steel (Princess Waltz) - Both are a bit plain, IMO. Sky Gate is moreso, so BoS takes this.
Cradle of the Ivory Moon (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. When the Northern Sky is Clear (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - Cradle's not bad, but is too much of the same. Northern Sky builds up and up and then... becomes a quiet, pretty tune. Pfft. Still, pretty tune is enough to beat less pretty tune.
Shin Onigashima (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Nightless City Guara Bobelo (Wild ARMs 4) - Onigashima is pure AWESOME, and I'm barely over a minute into it and, eww, synth. Ah, not much synth. Nightless City = Sleepless City = Treno, which would have been better here, and might've come close to beating Onigashima. This is good, but not close.
Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou) - Idola reminds me of... can't remember the name of it, the fight against Brahman in DDS2. Rakuge's nice, but Idola's more my style of song. (Both are better than most of the above though.)
Confiant (Knytt Stories: The Machine) vs. Theme of Arcueid (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - As soon as I realised Confiant was playing, it ended. Arcueid gets bad at some points (too much synth) but it's enough.
Mysterious People (Suikoden 3) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky) - I noticed Bridge of Jade playing. That's enough to win it this one.
Overture (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Bombing Mission (Final Fantasy VII) - Omg. Both of these are classic songs I love listening to. Overture got a brilliant style to it, a bit of nostalgia, and some epic techniques. Bombing Mission's got good style, a few different elements combined brilliantly and a lot of nostalgia. Uhm... Bombing Mission has that annoying siren-like noise at one point, whereas Overture is good throughout, so Overture can take it. Seriously, though... For me, this is a quarter-finals match at the earlier. :/
Edit: Ah, dammit. Bombing Mission's better. Vote changed/

FAILURE BRACKET
Waterfall (Koudelka) vs. Critical Hit (Wild ARMs) - Pfft, neither of these are that bad. I'll say Waterfall, 'cause Critical Hit had more happening.

ANIME
Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. Shangri-La (Sakyuu no Fafnir) - Huh. The intro of Shangri-La annoys me to no end, but the rest of it's better than most of the NGE... Pfft, it's long enough to be worth it.
Lu:Na (New Fist of the North Star) vs. Salva Nos (Noir) - As much as I hate Gackt (damn idol culture), this song is good.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:44:10 PM by Yoshiken »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 05:08:12 PM »
Idola reminds me of... can't remember the name of it, the fight against Brahman in DDS2.

Divine Identity is the name of the song.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 06:05:59 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Reach Out to the Truth (Persona 4) - Easy enough.
Sky Gate (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Battlefield of Steel (Princess Waltz) - Good match here.
Cradle of the Ivory Moon (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. When the Northern Sky is Clear (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - Man, one of these has to go on? -_-
Shin Onigashima (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Nightless City Guara Bobelo (Wild ARMs 4) - Jazzy~
Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou) - Easy enough.
Confiant (Knytt Stories: The Machine) vs. Theme of Arcueid (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - Goes Nowhere vs Upbeat. Yeah.
Mysterious People (Suikoden 3) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky) - Decent piano can usually get my attention.
Overture (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Bombing Mission (Final Fantasy VII) - Does something a bit sooner then 3 minutes in. -_-

FAILURE BRACKET
Waterfall (Koudelka) vs. Critical Hit (Wild ARMs) - Yeah, I don't mind Critical Hit in the least. Waterfall does that whole "goes nowhere" thing, which is doubly offensive in a battle theme.

ANIME
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 06:18:04 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Reach Out to the Truth (Persona 4): Much prettier. I don't dig the singing in Reach Out to the Truth, or the song in general outside of the game.
Sky Gate (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Battlefield of Steel (Princess Waltz): Though I do need to give Battlefield another listen.
Cradle of the Ivory Moon (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. When the Northern Sky is Clear (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles): Northern Sky has XYLOPHONES but sadly I must vote against them.
Shin Onigashima (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Nightless City Guara Bobelo (Wild ARMs 4): Rocks > swings. Nightless City doesn't do anything for me outside of WA4.
Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou): Eh, sure. It's cute enough, and Idola seems to meander a bit much. Worth a second listen, though.
Confiant (Knytt Stories: The Machine) vs. Theme of Arcueid (Melty Blood Act Cadenza): Nice and mellow beats out a rather silly rock tune.
Mysterious People (Suikoden 3) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky): Better background music.
Overture (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Bombing Mission (Final Fantasy VII): Just find it much more memorable.

FAILURE BRACKET
Waterfall (Koudelka) vs. Critical Hit (Wild ARMs): Dead boring versus dead average.

ANIME
Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. Shangri-La (Sakyuu no Fafnir): Sure. For all the I like Cruel Angel's Thesis (best thing about Eva; this is a compliment in spite of my general dislike for the show), this is better.
Lu:Na (New Fist of the North Star) vs. Salva Nos (Noir): Slaughterrific. Salva Nos = "meh and fail?" I do not comprehend, RC.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 07:04:20 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 07:27:06 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Reach Out to the Truth (Persona 4)- different league of goodness.  Alas, reach out to the truth, the bot did ye disservice.
Sky Gate (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Battlefield of Steel (Princess Waltz)- Eh, sure.
Shin Onigashima (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Nightless City Guara Bobelo (Wild ARMs 4)- Cheesey but servicable.

FAILURE BRACKET
Waterfall (Koudelka) vs. Critical Hit (Wild ARMs)- I guess?  Compared to pool 16 this is like the best match ever so... >.>  Anyway, guess I just feel like Waterfall is an interesting track but a poor battle track, while critical hit is sorta the opposite, but I have some nostalgia for the later tipping it the other way.

ANIME
Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. Shangri-La (Sakyuu no Fafnir)- Sure.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 03:22:09 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 03:23:03 AM »
Nightless City Guara Bobelo - Is complete win. Very effective, moody, jazzy, and conveys its setting just perfectly.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 03:54:27 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Reach Out to the Truth (Persona 4) - The first time I heard Reach Out to the Truth, I hated it. However, it's really started to grow on me over time. It's strangely addictive.
Sky Gate (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Battlefield of Steel (Princess Waltz) - Hey, Battlefield of Steel was pretty cool. Too bad they can't both win.
Cradle of the Ivory Moon (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. When the Northern Sky is Clear (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - I vaguely remember Cradle from the first music tournament. I wasn't impressed with it then and...nope, still not impressed with it now.

Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou) - Not quite as awesome as Strange Fruits, but still pretty dang catchy.
Confiant (Knytt Stories: The Machine) vs. Theme of Arcueid (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - People don't like Confiant because of the length of the track? zomg ur doin it rong!!!1!

FAILURE BRACKET
Waterfall (Koudelka) vs. Critical Hit (Wild ARMs) - That was a battle theme? Seriously? Wow.

ANIME
Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. Shangri-La (Sakyuu no Fafnir) - Holy crap, this is so not close. Not even remotely close.
Lu:Na (New Fist of the North Star) vs. Salva Nos (Noir) - Ditto. Except less so.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 06:59:09 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Reach Out to the Truth (Persona 4) - Godlike vs Light
Sky Gate (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Battlefield of Steel (Princess Waltz) - I do distinctly remember VP map music~! Too bad map music is not the kind of thing I vote for in music tournies~
Cradle of the Ivory Moon (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. When the Northern Sky is Clear (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - Life > pretty
Shin Onigashima (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Nightless City Guara Bobelo (Wild ARMs 4) - I think I'll go with the cheesy kappa rock hype, because it's different. I do like the jazz, though~
Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou) - Standard Nitori vote~
Confiant (Knytt Stories: The Machine) vs. Theme of Arcueid (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - Arcueid is always allowed to win~
Mysterious People (Suikoden 3) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky) - I don't see enough piano nowadays
Overture (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Bombing Mission (Final Fantasy VII) - Much, much less boring~

MEDIOCRE AND UNINSPIRING BUT NOT CLOSE TO THE REAL KIND OF FAILURE WE MIGHT AS WELL CALL THIS PART MUSIC TOURNAMENT OF DOOM VOL 3 BRACKET
Waterfall (Koudelka) vs. Critical Hit (Wild ARMs) - As much as associating things with WA1 is painful, the battle theme has no outstanding failure quantities other than synth and synth is the easy way out for calling something failure~
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 07:07:28 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 08:55:22 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Mysterious People (Suikoden 3) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky)- Bridge of Jade is pretty-ish. Mysterious People is stunning and moody.
...into the nightfall.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 06:08:31 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Reach Out to the Truth (Persona 4) - Better than Mass Destruction, sure, but still nothing compared to Dreams.
Sky Gate (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Battlefield of Steel (Princess Waltz) - Eh, BoS did little for me, while VP tunes are always good.
Cradle of the Ivory Moon (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. When the Northern Sky is Clear (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - The Soul Nomad piece put me to sleep.  Sounds like an ending theme, and one which needs an emotional connection to work.
Shin Onigashima (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Nightless City Guara Bobelo (Wild ARMs 4) - Man, why do I have Icicle Mountain turned off again?
Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou) - Very nice, understated piece.
Confiant (Knytt Stories: The Machine) vs. Theme of Arcueid (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - Short, but good.  Arcueid, OTOH, does nothing for me.
Mysterious People (Suikoden 3) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky) - I like Bridge of Jade, but Mysterious People is one of the few tracks where S3 reaches the heights set by S2.
Overture (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Bombing Mission (Final Fantasy VII) - Yeah, generally more interesting.

FAILURE BRACKET
Waterfall (Koudelka) vs. Critical Hit (Wild ARMs) - But...  neither of these are bad?

ANIME
Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. Shangri-La (Sakyuu no Fafnir) - Not a blow out, though...  man, why is it so hard to just get the Op.
Lu:Na (New Fist of the North Star) vs. Salva Nos (Noir) - Lu:Na is satisfying, like a good stew.  Salva is like one of those fancy entrees.  Looks like it should be good, but just leaves you empty and craving more.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 04:45:41 PM »
Cradle of the Ivory Moon (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. When the Northern Sky is Clear (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - The Soul Nomad piece put me to sleep.  Sounds like an ending theme, and one which needs an emotional connection to work.

That's exactly what it is, yes.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 12:44:42 AM »
Huh.  A lot of music that I had trouble following and needed to listen to again to "get."  Which is not to say it's bad, just....  not so familiar and not always immediately accessible.

Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Reach Out to the Truth (Persona 4) - Dream got to the quarterfinals last time, and I can easily see it doing so again.  Probably my favorite piece on the CC soundtrack.
Sky Gate (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Battlefield of Steel (Princess Waltz) - Better.
Cradle of the Ivory Moon (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. When the Northern Sky is Clear (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - Huh, tough match.  Cradle is decent but strangely lacking.  I like the background voices and flute part of Northern Sky, but not such a fan of the (bassoon?  bagpipes?) section.  Coinflip, both good but flawed.
Shin Onigashima (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Nightless City Guara Bobelo (Wild ARMs 4) - And I was all set to vote against Bobelo, too, which I'm not really on the bus for.  But Shin Onigashma is boring rock, so, uh, no.
Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou) - Idola's strange fruits are better than his fanatic viper form.  And Rakuge is quite nice.
Confiant (Knytt Stories: The Machine) vs. Theme of Arcueid (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - Huh.  I quite liked the 30 seconds of Confiant that were there.  Still.... quiet pieces really need to be a bit longer, I think.  Close match, tossing Confiant a vote anyway.
Mysterious People (Suikoden 3) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky) - People disparage Suiko3's soundtrack, but I liked it better than the earlier Suikodens.  Alma Kinan & the Duck Village are two of my favorite town musics; very evocative.  Jade is decent.
Overture (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Bombing Mission (Final Fantasy VII) - Bombing Mission rules, one of the better tracks in FF7.  Overture is still good, but tough competition.

PRETTY DECENT BRACKET BUT NOT QUITE AS GOOD AS THE ABOVE TRACKS (SEE NITORI)
Waterfall (Koudelka) vs. Critical Hit (Wild ARMs) - Waterfall seems fine to me; I like it.  Critical Hit is okay in game but meh out of game, so it loses.

ANIME
Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. Shangri-La (Sakyuu no Fafnir) - Going with the old classic.
Lu:Na (New Fist of the North Star) vs. Salva Nos (Noir) - Kajiura fanboy checking in.  Also, Lu:Na hype gets a quizzical look from me anyway.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 12:46:45 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shin Onigashima (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Nightless City Guara Bobelo (Wild ARMs 4)- Don't like either.
Idola the Fanatic Viper (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) vs. Rakuge (Hana-Ki-Sou)- Sure.

FAILURE BRACKET
Waterfall (Koudelka) vs. Critical Hit (Wild ARMs)- Neither's bad.

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:37:14 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 01:16:11 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 03:09:28 AM »

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 04:09:54 AM »
Pools 15 and 16 close at midnight EST tomorrow, so get your votes in now!