Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 11~  (Read 4979 times)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 11~
« on: April 04, 2009, 02:03:31 AM »
Alright, Putfile is still undergoing maintenance so we're continuing with the imeem experiment, with one minor change.  Since a lot of these songs are asking to login in order to listen, I made a second imeem account with a 10 minute mail address for y'all to use to listen.  If the link prompts you to login, you can use username "c863880@bsnow.net" and the password "Password".  I'm not sure how well it'll take more than one person being logged in at a time, though, so let me know if you see problems.  Pools 11 and 12 will close at midnight EST on Friday, April 10.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country)
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rock (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)
Sign (Berserk) vs. To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2)
Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Princess of Fate (Fire Emblem 6)
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Energy Zone (Contra)
To Tomorrow (Berwick Saga) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV)
Tim 5 (Lemmings) vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection)
The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV Remake) vs. Weapon Raid (Final Fantasy VII)

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee)

ANIME
Mou Ichido Kimi ni Altai (Full Metal Panic TSR) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21)
Elenore (Madlax) vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin)

Full pool is available for download at http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=408390355.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 09:47:21 AM by Yakumo »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 11~
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 02:56:45 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country) - Yep.

City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rock (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - Good match, though I think Rocks left me a little underwhelmed.

Sign (Berserk) vs. To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) - AtL2 had a good track?  Madness.  Anyways, Sign is overly dramatic and while I will admit to liking the occasional overly dramatic piece, this match isn't close.

Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Princess of Fate (Fire Emblem 6) - Uhh... sure.

The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Energy Zone (Contra) - Squish

To Tomorrow (Berwick Saga) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) - More squish

Tim 5 (Lemmings) vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) - Somewhat less lame

The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV Remake) vs. Weapon Raid (Final Fantasy VII) - Weapon Raid is mildly horrific

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) - Is noise.

ANIME
Mou Ichido Kimi ni Altai (Full Metal Panic TSR) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) - Eh.

Elenore (Madlax) vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin) - Yep.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:52:24 AM by Random Consonant »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 06:37:51 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country)
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rock (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)- Sorceress is pleasant, Rock'n Rocks is Gigtastic.
The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV Remake) vs. Weapon Raid (Final Fantasy VII)- [01:31] <CmdrKing> Hatbot: way too mellow DQIV or way too synthed FFVII?
[01:31] <Hatbot> I'd choose way too mellow DQIV, CmdrKing.
[01:31] <CmdrKing> 'kay.

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee)

ANIME
Mou Ichido Kimi ni Altai (Full Metal Panic TSR) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 08:29:36 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 07:41:13 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rock (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Elenore (Madlax) vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin) - Argh, I'll get back to this one later.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 07:48:01 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rocks (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)
Sign (Berserk) vs. To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2): Aww yeah, overdramatic.

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee): I'm heavily confused by the CC track being here.

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 01:13:25 AM by Tonfa »
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 11:54:04 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country): Much more fun, even acknowledging that I kind of liked the ambiance of Ambiance.
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rock (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters): The opposition  here isn't bad, but I typically favor rowdy fight music over town BGMs (which is certainly what Sorceress sounds like).
Sign (Berserk) vs. To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2): I guess.
Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Princess of Fate (Fire Emblem 6): Sakuraba opting not to employ the wall o' synth, nice.
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Energy Zone (Contra): A while back, I came across this band that did a hard rock medley of all the Contra level themes. It was pretty badass and I should find it again. Normal Contra music can't stand up to ToL, though.
To Tomorrow (Berwick Saga) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV): To Tomorrow is okay once it gets going. However: A) I admit to serious bias here; B) I can't help but think that Prelude's comparitive understatement is part of what makes it feel timeless.
Tim 5 (Lemmings) vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection): Are we not lemmings? WE ARE DEVO.
The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV Remake) vs. Weapon Raid (Final Fantasy VII): Weapon Raid is fun, but I can't rightly vote for FFVII synth over a nice string quartet.

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee): Synthesized guitar is a little silly, but I see nothing actively unpleasant about Magical Dreamers. Flat Zone's pretty worthless.

ANIME
Mou Ichido Kimi ni Altai (Full Metal Panic TSR) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21): Wow, I really enjoyed this one. (As an aside, the intro is a dead ringer for Eleanor Rigby.)
Elenore (Madlax) vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin): I like Elenore, but this is a pretty easy decision.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Sign (Berserk) vs. To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) - Sign seems like the kind of song that would normally annoy me, but it's actually pretty good.
Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Princess of Fate (Fire Emblem 6) - Catchy. I ought to download the ToV soundtrack one of these days.

To Tomorrow (Berwick Saga) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) - It's tough to beat a classic like Prelude.

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) - Magical Dreamers isn't that bad. It's only annoying because you have to listen to it for, like, 20 straight minutes in the game. Flat Zone is just plain irritating.

ANIME
Elenore (Madlax) vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin) - Flame is freaking awesome.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 03:58:15 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 06:17:39 AM »

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 05:44:09 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 01:08:12 AM »
Lots of good stuff this round.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country) - I like the beginning of Faith, and it doesn't trail off too much afterwords.  Aquatic Ambiance never quite got going for me.
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rock (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - City of the Sorceress is excellent and an old favorite.  Rock n'Rock is a bit too unfocused for my taste.
Sign (Berserk) vs. To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) - To Tomorrow is quite good.  Sign is a worthy opponent, though.
Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Princess of Fate (Fire Emblem 6) - Mm.  Another match of high quality all around.  Fate has a nice "sad but determined" vibe to it which I like.
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Energy Zone (Contra) - More energy?
To Tomorrow (Berwick Saga) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) - They kept the prelude around all this time for a reason.
Tim 5 (Lemmings) vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) - I guess?
The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV Remake) vs. Weapon Raid (Final Fantasy VII) - ...close match, but sure.

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) - Die, Nikki.  (Okay, neither is really a failure, but I was more annoyed at MD in-game for the looping.)

ANIME
Mou Ichido Kimi ni Altai (Full Metal Panic TSR) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) - Wow.  Destiny is pretty awesome.  The other piece is sweet and inoffensive but not really special.
Elenore (Madlax) vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin) - ...huh.  So Kajiura doesn't get a perfect record from me after all.  Elenore is an excellent quirky piece, but it gets edged out here as Flame is in fact "freaking awesome."

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 02:12:06 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
- SEEKER OF UFOS

- What, only one rock'n rock?  Lame/10

- ...oh, that's Sign.  Good stuff.  Think I like To Tomorrow better though.

- Not everything's better with princesses.

- Contra music brings back memories but that's not good enough.

- Close one.

- Don't care.

- As above, so below.

FAILURE BRACKET
- Neither of these fail...

ANIME
- Both of these are solid.

- Much more beautiful.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 04:03:20 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country) - Not feeling background music today, even pretty background music.
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rock (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - Decent vs Godlike.
Sign (Berserk) vs. To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) - Hey, this Berserk song is solid.
Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Princess of Fate (Fire Emblem 6) - Princess of Fate isn't bad. But Fury Sparks is more my style. Nice and upbeat.
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Energy Zone (Contra) - Energy Zone is cute, Sorcerer is better.
To Tomorrow (Berwick Saga) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) - Nostalgia takes match of meh.
Tim 5 (Lemmings) vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) - Both good tracks, one clearly better though.
The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV Remake) vs. Weapon Raid (Final Fantasy VII) - Unknown Castle is way too background music-y for me.

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) - Magical Dreamers as FAIL? Yeah, no, I love that song would vote it over most of the above. >_<

ANIME
Mou Ichido Kimi ni Altai (Full Metal Panic TSR) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) - I really struggle to care about anime music. However, Destiny is fine.
Elenore (Madlax) vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin) - More my style.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 04:35:20 AM »
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rocks (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)

FAILURE BRACKET
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 05:27:39 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country) - I totally would have voted for the DKC track that plays in the slippery ropes level~
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rocks (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - More rocks
Sign (Berserk) vs. To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) - Defaulting to...something. Livelier?
Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Princess of Fate (Fire Emblem 6) - Fire Emblem music
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Energy Zone (Contra) - This has a catchy part in the middle or so~
To Tomorrow (Berwick Saga) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) - It's the same thing really, but better. Also this lets me go all anti-classic~
Tim 5 (Lemmings) vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) - Woo, Tim 5~
The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV Remake) vs. Weapon Raid (Final Fantasy VII) - Changes a bit~

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) - Even I lack the capacity to vote for G&W

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 12:57:06 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 09:59:30 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country) - Never been a fan of DKC music.
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rock (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - Not Rock'n Rocks
Sign (Berserk) vs. To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) - Forget my original commentary here, just that this was the result.
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) - Unknown Castle could take the winner here, but the rest of this pool is nothing before these two.
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Energy Zone (Contra) - Contra's good, but Legendia is better
To Tomorrow (Berwick Saga) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) - Nice instruments.
Tim 5 (Lemmings) vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) - Oddly good.
The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV Remake) vs. Weapon Raid (Final Fantasy VII) - Mmmm, clasically good.

FAILURE BRACKET
Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Princess of Fate (Fire Emblem 6) - Fixed

ANIME
Mou Ichido Kimi ni Altai (Full Metal Panic TSR) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) - More consistantly good and less sappy.
Elenore (Madlax) vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin) - Kinda one sided.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 03:46:10 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country)- Has a pulse.
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rock (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)- Sure.
Sign (Berserk) vs. To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2)- Really like To Tomorrow.
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Energy Zone (Contra)- Both excellent.
To Tomorrow (Berwick Saga) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV)- Classic. Berwick Saga's decent as well.

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee)- Both are decent.

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 02:51:49 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 10:42:25 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) - I like both of these. <_<

ANIME

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »
Faith is for the Transient People vs. Aquatic Ambiance - Not Donkey Kong.
City of the Sorceress vs. Rock'n Rock - Sorceress is nice, but Rock is still as awesome as it was last tournament.
Sign vs. To Tomorrow - Bad singing versus highly pleasant.
Fury Sparks vs. Princess of Fate - Yeah, Princess is an acquired taste. I also do not believe I think much of Fury.
The Legendary Sorceror vs. Energy Zone - I guess I'll go with the former here, but they both need out.
To Tomorrow vs. Prelude - The Final Fantasy I played growing up had no lousy Prelude so no nostalgia for me. Some versions of it can be good but this one is pretty stock standard.
Tim 5 vs. Dark Man's Stage - More pleasant.
The Unknown Castle vs. Weapon Raid - Blarg at both being annoying going with more subduedness.

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves vs. Flat Zone - Aside from some offtune instruments near the opening, I'm not sure what is supposed to be failure about Magical? Flat can go jump of course.

ANIME
I Want To See You Again vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana - Easy.
Elenore vs. Flame - I guess. Neither of these are especially enticing.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 03:38:18 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country) - Faith is pretty awesome, and Ambiance is just a little too calm for my liking.
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) vs. Rock'n Rock (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - Okay, what? Was that Greensleaves in the middle of that? Anyways, first song is kinda pretty, second is pretty awesome.
Sign (Berserk) vs. To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) - Ack, confusing names are confusing. Yeah, the AtL track takes this pretty easily.
Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Princess of Fate (Fire Emblem 6) - Wow, Fury Sparks is pretty damn awesome! Princess of Fate needed something to happen and it didn't.
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Energy Zone (Contra) - Hmm. Good quality, average song. Bad quality, good song. I'll go with the latter.
To Tomorrow (Berwick Saga) vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) - The chanty-singing-thing got on my nerves. Shame, the song sounds good past that.
Tim 5 (Lemmings) vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) - DMS is a little too synthy for my liking.
The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV Remake) vs. Weapon Raid (Final Fantasy VII) - Yeah, no doubt in my mind on this one. If I'd known Unknown Castle beforehand, I might've considered nomming it for Failure Bracket.

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) - It's been said - Magical Dreamers is actually pretty good. Flat Zone's not as bad as I remember it, but that doesn't even make it tolerable. (And this is why we double-check posts! Right one is in bold now. ¬_¬)

ANIME
Mou Ichido Kimi ni Altai (Full Metal Panic TSR) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) - Destiny's more my style, but the FMP one was absolutely brilliantly done. <3
Elenore (Madlax) vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin) - These seem like practically the same song, except one has lyrics. With this, the lyrics work well.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:14:06 AM by Yoshiken »

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 01:10:16 AM »
Quick reminder that pools 11 and 12 close in a little over 24 hours, at midnight EST tomorrow!  Get your votes in now!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 02:04:45 AM »
Dark Man Stage - Better than 90% of this contest. Though Tim 5 was better than I was expecting.

Magical Dreamers - Flat Zone doesn't really count for this to me, I guess. And I do hates me some Magical Dreamers.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 06:10:49 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

MC50

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 01:02:13 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 10:58:38 AM »
Results!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) [16] vs. Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country) [4]
City of the Sorceress (Heroes of Might and Magic 2) [6] vs. Rock'n Rocks (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) [15]
Sign (Berserk) [9] vs. To Tomorrow (Arc the Lad 2) [11]
Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) [16] vs. Princess of Fate (Fire Emblem 6) [2]
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) [14] vs. Energy Zone (Contra) [7]
To Tomorrow (Berwick Saga) [9] vs. Prelude (Final Fantasy IV) [11]
Tim 5 (Lemmings) [9] vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) [10]
The Unknown Castle (Dragon Quest IV Remake) [10] vs. Weapon Raid (Final Fantasy VII) [9]

FAILURE BRACKET
Magical Dreamers: the Wind, the Stars, and the Waves (Chrono Cross) [6] vs. Flat Zone (Super Smash Brothers Melee) [14]

ANIME
Mou Ichido Kimi ni Altai (Full Metal Panic TSR) [3] vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) [14]
Elenore (Madlax) [4] vs. Flame (Witch Hunter Robin) [12]