Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 10~  (Read 4821 times)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 10~
« on: April 02, 2009, 02:15:37 AM »
Since Putfile has been non-functional for a couple days now, for pools 9 and 10 I am trying Lance's suggestion and using imeem instead.  Note that if you just click the link and let the songs play it will switch you to a different song when it finishes.  If you want to avoid this, there will be a checkbox near the player on the page marked auto suggest, uncheck that box and when the song ends you'll stay on the same page.  If there are any problems with imeem please let me know.  Pools 9 and 10 will close at midnight EST, Wednesday, April 8.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Cyber Peacock (Megaman X4) vs. Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus)
Celestia Battle (Tales of Eternia) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico)
Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterrainian Animism) vs. Scars of the Divine Wing (Ys Origin)
Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4)
Human Battle 1 (Warcraft 2) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations)
This Illusion ~Piano Version~ (Fate/Stay Night) vs. Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2)
Soul Stranger (Super Robot Wars W) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood: Act Cadenza)

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Tifa's Theme (Final Fantasy VII)

ANIME
Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) vs. The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime)
Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) vs. Give a Reason (Slayers NEXT)

Full pool can be downloaded at http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=926790322.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 05:50:56 AM by Yakumo »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 10~
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 04:13:50 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Cyber Peacock (Megaman X4) vs. Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters): Cyber Peacock's no Saruin.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus): A personal favorite.
Celestia Battle (Tales of Eternia) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico): At vs non-Legendia Tales. Hmm.
Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterrainian Animism) vs. Scars of the Divine Wing (Ys Origin): FALCOM PUNCH!
Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4): Hostiles is decent, but most of SN OST is a fair deal above that.
Human Battle 1 (Warcraft 2) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations): Requiem gets good. Slow starter, though.
This Illusion ~Piano Version~ (Fate/Stay Night) vs. Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2)
Soul Stranger (Super Robot Wars W) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood: Act Cadenza)

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Tifa's Theme (Final Fantasy VII): I expect nothing less than a landslide.

ANIME
Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) vs. The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime)
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 05:28:56 AM »
Tifa's Theme - Tifa's theme does not referring to the track I associate with Tifa. And isn't very good. I Am Number One isn't something I'd listen to outside the game, but it's hilarious in it, and that's enough to win here!

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 06:13:28 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Cyber Peacock (Megaman X4) vs. Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)- Not a fan of either... Speed Queen I like the composition but not the instrumentation, Cyber Peacock just doesn't speak to me.  So Speed Queen I guess.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus)- Why does VMC get this level of music on its OST?  Jesus, get this shit in a good game, stat.  That said, lacks the raw emotional power of Prisoners of Fate and isn't better enough musically to compensate.
Celestia Battle (Tales of Eternia) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico)
Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterrainian Animism) vs. Scars of the Divine Wing (Ys Origin)
Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4)- Funnily enough, has a lot more tension to it I think.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) vs. The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime)- Crazy nagato song is good, but lacks consistency, so loses.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:00:15 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 06:23:34 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
- Sure.

Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus)
- Hm, both are good.

- Easy.

- Nya~

Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4)
- Gypsies > Robots.

- I don't remember Requiem in-game!  Oh well.

- I thought maybe I'd get to hear a good version of This Illusion.  Nope.

- Soul Stranger was neat.  The End of 1000 Years was... less neat.  Though still neat!

FAILURE BRACKET
- SO3 vs. SO3 / SO3 vs. ToD2 semifinals.

ANIME
- Uh... yeah...

- Megumi Hayashibara > you.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:46:24 AM by Talaysen »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 06:34:35 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Cyber Peacock (Megaman X4) vs. Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - Yep.

Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus) - Wow.

Celestia Battle (Tales of Eternia) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) - Celestia Battle belongs in the failure bracket.

Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterrainian Animism) vs. Scars of the Divine Wing (Ys Origin) - Eh, not feeling the FALCOM PAUNCH! from Divine Wing.  I kinda like Lullaby, though.

Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4) - Hostiles is okay for a generic tension piece, I guess, but it's not enough here.

Human Battle 1 (Warcraft 2) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations) - Human 1 is not one of the stronger WC2 tracks.

This Illusion ~Piano Version~ (Fate/Stay Night) vs. Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) - Eh.

Soul Stranger (Super Robot Wars W) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood: Act Cadenza) - Soul Stranger is meh.

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Tifa's Theme (Final Fantasy VII) - Is more spectaular in its failure.

ANIME
Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) vs. The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime) - Yep.

Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) vs. Give a Reason (Slayers NEXT) - Yep.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 02:53:26 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterrainian Animism) vs. Scars of the Divine Wing (Ys Origin) - uhh yeah.

Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4) - Hostiles isn't very memorable for me. Two-Coloured Necklace, however, is.

Human Battle 1 (Warcraft 2) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations) - Human 1...? :[

This Illusion ~Piano Version~ (Fate/Stay Night) vs. Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) - Nnnnnaaaah.

Soul Stranger (Super Robot Wars W) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood: Act Cadenza) - MBAC music itches my ears but it's not bad. Soul Stranger however I find completely awesome though.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) vs. The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime) - Only good part of Moon Princess anime.

19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 04:02:38 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Cyber Peacock (Megaman X4) vs. Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)- Eh to both.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus)- Not really close.
Celestia Battle (Tales of Eternia) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico)- This match fails.
Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4)- Tough draw for Hostiles.

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Tifa's Theme (Final Fantasy VII)- I am number one has good flavor, at least.

ANIME
Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) vs. Give a Reason (Slayers NEXT)- Anime music really is good this round.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 09:35:22 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Cyber Peacock (Megaman X4) vs. Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters): But the real winner is apathy.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus): Is just too uber for the poor DoC song.
Celestia Battle (Tales of Eternia) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico): Not looking too kindly on stock Sakuraba right now.
Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterrainian Animism) vs. Scars of the Divine Wing (Ys Origin): More fun.
Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4): The aiel should nom Pride and Honor next time. It is better than Hostiles despite unfortunate connections to Evil McGermanpants.
Human Battle 1 (Warcraft 2) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations): See first match in this pool.
This Illusion ~Piano Version~ (Fate/Stay Night) vs. Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2): This Illusion kinda bored me. Ito can manage a passable melody, at least.
Soul Stranger (Super Robot Wars W) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood: Act Cadenza): More my style, I guess.

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Tifa's Theme (Final Fantasy VII): Roger for failure champ.

ANIME
Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) vs. The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime): Prettier.
Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) vs. Give a Reason (Slayers NEXT): Ouch.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:09:32 AM by El Cideon »

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 09:24:20 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 10:31:36 PM »
Cyber Peacock (Megaman X4) vs. Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - Stays interesting for longer.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus) - Shelke's better than expected.  But PoF deserves this.
Celestia Battle (Tales of Eternia) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) - Needed less random voices.
Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterrainian Animism) vs. Scars of the Divine Wing (Ys Origin) - Surprisingly good, and less overhyped than Falcom.
Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4) - Hostiles works far better in game.
Human Battle 1 (Warcraft 2) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations) - HB1 is better than I remember.  Also, the early bit of Requiem actively annoys me.  It does get better, just, not fun to get past.
This Illusion ~Piano Version~ (Fate/Stay Night) vs. Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) - More interesting.
Soul Stranger (Super Robot Wars W) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood: Act Cadenza) - So very, very not close.

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Tifa's Theme (Final Fantasy VII) - Erm, but they're both good.

ANIME
Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) vs. The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime) - Eh, Deshoo, deshoo was better than both.
Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) vs. Give a Reason (Slayers NEXT) - Alright, I wasn't expecting Yoko Kanno here.  So oddly good fight, but still going with Give a Reason here.  Just love the chorus lyrics too much.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 01:58:37 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 02:53:43 AM »
Excellent anime selections this pool.  Generally high quality to the main tournament as well, though it's hard to find any standouts - lots of nervous near-ties.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Cyber Peacock (Megaman X4) vs. Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - I guess?
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus) - Prisoners is fantastic, but it got to like Round 5 last time, and Shelke is pretty interesting.  So blatantly anti-voting it since it's actually a somewhat close match.
Celestia Battle (Tales of Eternia) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) - Celestia Battle reminds me of MegaMan music, energetic but also doesn't really go anywhere.  Expressive Hill is one of those AT songs I'm ambivalent about - definitely some real quality there mixed in with musical cockroach heads.  Eh, going with the song which is better at its best, I guess.
Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterranean Animism) vs. Scars of the Divine Wing (Ys Origin) - ..epic.  Falcom lets me down, and Lullaby is shockingly good for unremixed Touhou, which normally elicits a meh from me.
Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4) - Two-Colored Necklace is okay, but going for the more dramatic piece, I suppose.
Human Battle 1 (Warcraft 2) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations) - Both are quite good.  On technical merit, Requiem collects an easy win....   in terms of durability for multiple listens without getting old, HB1 takes it from experience.  A not insignificant factor for game music.  Coinflip, really, might change my mind later.
This Illusion ~Piano Version~ (Fate/Stay Night) vs. Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) - Close match.  This Illusion treads dangerously close to "boring" as opposed to "subtle," so the more active 7 Heroes takes it.
Soul Stranger (Super Robot Wars W) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood: Act Cadenza) - Soul Stranger is solid, End of 1K is missing something.

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Tifa's Theme (Final Fantasy VII) - I actually like I am the Number One's crazed banjo failure!  Which means it's more cheese than failure, I suppose.  That said Tifa's Theme is in no way failure, so yeah.

ANIME
Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) vs. The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime) - Oh, good match.  Yuki, Muon is a pleasant surprise, but The Sacred Moon is a tough opponent.  If Yuki had been a bit more consistently good (I'm not a huge fan of those little interludes), I'd have given it the victory due to the fact that it attempted something a bit longer than Sacred Moon, but think the evocative Moon takes it after all.
Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) vs. Give a Reason (Slayers NEXT) - Wow.  I never would have expected Give a Reason to go down in round 1, as it's awesome.  But
A) The full version is actively worse than the short version - the second verse is exactly the same, and the extra touches they include afterward are bad.  Plus a direct, aggressively themed song like this needs to get to the point and not waste time wandering around doing nothing.
B) As super noted, it picked a fight with Yoko Kanno (though one of her works I hadn't heard before.).
...yeah.  Though hell, I think Give a Reason would have lost to either of the above as well.  These 4 easily have the highest average quality of any of the anime pods so far.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 05:23:55 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Cyber Peacock (Megaman X4) vs. Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - "Cyber Peacock" may be the weirdest track name in this competition.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus) - Prisoners of Fate hype confuses me a little. Fight Tune is interesting enough.
Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterrainian Animism) vs. Scars of the Divine Wing (Ys Origin) - Falcom Meh. It's better than Lullaby, at least.

Human Battle 1 (Warcraft 2) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations) - Very peaceful. Me like.
This Illusion ~Piano Version~ (Fate/Stay Night) vs. Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) - I forgot Illusion was playing....
Soul Stranger (Super Robot Wars W) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood: Act Cadenza) - Okay, I think "Melty Blood" might give "Cyber Peacock" a run for its money in the totally real Weirdest Track & Game Name Competition. Anyway, yeah, close match since both are pretty catchy. Tough decision for me.

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Tifa's Theme (Final Fantasy VII) - God-awful vs. Doesn't-belong-in-the-Failure-bracket. Hyup.

ANIME
Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) vs. The Sacred Moon (Tsukihime) - Never been a big fan of random talking during a song.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 06:30:05 AM »
Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4)- I have to point out that this is a mis translation. That necklace is not two colored, nor it is named as such. It should be named "(insert which ever vocabulary the describes the color of corn) Colored Necklace"
This Illusion ~Piano Version~ (Fate/Stay Night) vs. Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2)- One of if not the best among Ito's works. Despite using a melody style I totally hates, the delivery of the emotion and its room of interpretation simply makes me fell in love.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 07:38:48 AM »
Actually it's referred to as the Tow-Colored Necklace.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 10:19:37 PM »
Very well, Niu shall get picky on Japanese.
The track is called 亜麻色の首飾り

色 means color

首飾り can means necklace.

But sadly, 亜麻 does not mean two. It means flax.
And 亜麻色 usually refer to either certain gold colors or light brown color depending on what object is referred to.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 02:14:25 AM »
"Tow", not "two". It's a shade of yellow.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 09:48:37 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Cyber Peacock (Megaman X4) vs. Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - Peacocks~
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus) - Richard is not allowed to win
Celestia Battle (Tales of Eternia) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) - Tallychu always wins
Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterrainian Animism) vs. Scars of the Divine Wing (Ys Origin) - FALCOM never wins
Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4) - aiel wins more than Richard
Human Battle 1 (Warcraft 2) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations) - ~
This Illusion ~Piano Version~ (Fate/Stay Night) vs. Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) - Type Moon and ingame music
Soul Stranger (Super Robot Wars W) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood: Act Cadenza) - More Ko

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Tifa's Theme (Final Fantasy VII) - The SO3 track sounds like chocobo music and I will never vote against chocobos

ANIME
Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) vs. Give a Reason (Slayers NEXT) - Obligatory pro-Slayers vote~
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 05:23:32 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 05:35:21 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Cyber Peacock (Megaman X4) vs. Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)- I like.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus)- Forever Godlike in my mind.
Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4)- Dull vs. bad.

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Tifa's Theme (Final Fantasy VII)- Nitori wins. Also this song is giving me a headache.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 12:08:07 PM »
Cyber Peacock vs. Speed Queen - Don't care much for either of these. Let's go for the one that doesn't have annoying folded segments.
Prisoners of Fate vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" - Both are nice and subdued. I think I prefer Prisoners.
Celestia Battle vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ - Another couple of decent ones, but I don't really care much for the song in Harmonics.
Lullaby of a Desolate Hell vs. Scars of the Divine Wing - Not Toho.
Tow-Colored Necklace vs. Hostiles - I believe I'm currently in the mood for some pseudo-classical.
Human Battle 1 vs. Requiem - Easily more beautiful.
This Illusion ~Piano Version~ vs. Seven Heroes Battle - Both nice again.
Soul Stranger vs. The End of 1000 Years - Soul has style, but End is prettier. Let's go with pretty for now.

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! vs. Tifa's Theme - Kay. Number One is nice. Tifa's is approaching beauty. This match's placement fails. Needs to trade places with Cyber/Speed.

ANIME
Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite vs. The Sacred Moon - Gibberish needed less ethereal voices. That said Sacred has very little to recommend itself with.
Tsuki no Mayu vs. Give a Reason - Another match of apathy here.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 06:13:53 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Cyber Peacock (Megaman X4) vs. Speed Queen (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - SN music continues to impress.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Fight Tune "Girl named Shelke" (Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus) - Prisoners of Fate isn't really my style. Shelke's not much better, but it is better.
Celestia Battle (Tales of Eternia) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) - Much stronger post-build up, and the build up isn't boreing this time either.
Lullaby of a Desolate Hell (Subterrainian Animism) vs. Scars of the Divine Wing (Ys Origin) - Man, this one's tough. Falcom Pawnch edges it out though.
Two-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. Hostiles (Front Mission 4) - Hostiles is kinda eh.
Human Battle 1 (Warcraft 2) vs. Requiem (Growlanser Generations) - Meh fight here, I'll give the nod to Requiem.
This Illusion ~Piano Version~ (Fate/Stay Night) vs. Seven Heroes Battle (Romancing SaGa 2) - In a more upbeat mood, as usual.
Soul Stranger (Super Robot Wars W) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood: Act Cadenza) - Just feels stronger.

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Tifa's Theme (Final Fantasy VII) - Sleep inducing.

ANIME
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 04:42:33 AM »

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Tifa's Theme (Final Fantasy VII) - Annoying > Dull

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 04:49:32 AM »
There are approximately 24 hours left until pools 9 and 10 close, get your votes in soon if you haven't already!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 07:36:03 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME