Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 6~  (Read 4300 times)

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 6~
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 08:16:19 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. No Knowledge of Wisdom (Valkyrie Profile 2)
You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) vs. The Path is Open (Persona 3)
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Town of Tunlan (Breath of Fire)
Diva (Guilty Gear 2) vs. Nothing to Lose (Soul Calibur 2)
Never More (Persona 4) vs. The Heart Speaks (Ar Tonelico 2)
Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) vs. Leavin' Flow (Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2): Standing by Awe of She after listening the new Leavin' Flow.
Legends of Sillyhead (Mana Khemia) vs. To the Last Drop of my Blood (Valkyrie Profile): ARGH.
Hell's Emperor (from J.S. Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) (Deathsmiles) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories)

FAILURE BRACKET
What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) vs. Swindler - Shanghai Mood (Shadow Hearts)

ANIME
My Boyfriend is a Pilot (Macross) vs. Colorless Wind (sola): W-why did I randomly get switched over to imeem after My Boyfriend is a Pilot ended...?
Spirale (Aria the ORIGINATION) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 11:50:59 PM by Fudozukushi »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 08:18:27 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. No Knowledge of Wisdom (Valkyrie Profile 2) - I guess?  Neither left that much of an impression, honestly.

You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) vs. The Path is Open (Persona 3) - Path is lame.

The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Town of Tunlan (Breath of Fire) - Hey look more FF8 music.  Just what this tournament needed.  And it's up against SNES BoF music.  Oh joy.  At least Extreme had some bright spots so I guess it wins here.  Still, match of meh and fail.

Diva (Guilty Gear 2) vs. Nothing to Lose (Soul Calibur 2) - Both are okay, I guess.

Never More (Persona 4) vs. The Heart Speaks (Ar Tonelico 2) - Yep.

Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) vs. Leavin' Flow (Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2) - Awe of She is okay, but I don't really see the hype it's gotten in the past.  Flow, meanwhile, is champ material.  Probably better than the arranged version that was put up by mistake, but maybe that's just me.

Legends of Sillyhead (Mana Khemia) vs. To the Last Drop of my Blood (Valkyrie Profile) - I admit, Legends of Sillyhead made me smile (and has the better title, obviously).  TtLDomB belongs in the failure bracket, and this is coming from someone who's fairly tolerant of synthing issues.

Hell's Emperor (from J.S. Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) (Deathsmiles) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories) - Yep.

FAILURE BRACKET
What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) vs. Swindler - Shanghai Mood (Shadow Hearts) - Swindler is... annoying, yeah, though I don't really see the fail.  The SO3 track, meanwhile, is more or less frue failure.

ANIME
My Boyfriend is a Pilot (Macross) vs. Colorless Wind (sola) - Shorter, and therefore somehow not as bad?  Hate this match.

Spirale (Aria the ORIGINATION) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2) - ...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 07:57:41 PM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 09:49:03 AM »
Town of Tunlan - I really hate The Extreme (something about certain Uematsu final boss themes, I say the same way about Zeromus), and Tunlan's pretty good for SNES music. Easy.

To the Last Drop of My Blood - VP pretty much sweeps MK music to me. Jotunheim music is nice stuff.

Others when I'm less lazy.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. No Knowledge of Wisdom (Valkyrie Profile 2): Match of meh.
You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) vs. The Path is Open (Persona 3): Much as I typically antihype FFIX's OST, this is one of the good tracks.
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Town of Tunlan (Breath of Fire): I like the Extreme. Early BoF synth, not so much.
Diva (Guilty Gear 2) vs. Nothing to Lose (Soul Calibur 2): Diva for godlike. I like parts of Nothing to Lose, but it just doesn't stack up against the competition here.
Never More (Persona 4) vs. The Heart Speaks (Ar Tonelico 2): I guess. Both inspire apathy.
Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) vs. Leavin' Flow (Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2): Pretty easy win. People should nom the GGX versions of these songs, though. They're uniformly better. EDIT: Real version of the PSO track is better, but still loses.
Legends of Sillyhead (Mana Khemia) vs. To the Last Drop of my Blood (Valkyrie Profile): Awesome title aside, the MK track is not something I'd care to listen to again.
Hell's Emperor (from J.S. Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) (Deathsmiles) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories): Just on the principle that nomming Bach is unfair.

FAILURE BRACKET
What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) vs. Swindler - Shanghai Mood (Shadow Hearts): Swindler strikes me as average at worst. What's Up? is champ-powered. Sakuraba should be ashamed of himself.

ANIME
My Boyfriend is a Pilot (Macross) vs. Colorless Wind (sola): Failing to care about
Spirale (Aria the ORIGINATION) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2): any of these songs.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 09:45:57 PM by El Cideon »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 06:09:36 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. No Knowledge of Wisdom (Valkyrie Profile 2)
Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) vs. Leavin' Flow (Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2): EDIT: Opinion stands for both the current version of the Leavin Flow, which is an arrange, and the actual original version.
Legends of Sillyhead (Mana Khemia) vs. To the Last Drop of my Blood (Valkyrie Profile)
Hell's Emperor (from J.S. Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) (Deathsmiles) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories)

FAILURE BRACKET
What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) vs. Swindler - Shanghai Mood (Shadow Hearts): I actually like Swindler.

ANIME
My Boyfriend is a Pilot (Macross) vs. Colorless Wind (sola): By default, I suppose.
Spirale (Aria the ORIGINATION) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2): Not even remotely close.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:11:42 PM by Tonfa »
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 06:17:35 PM »
It has been brought to my attention that the track that was originally in place for Leavin' Flow was an arranged version.  This has been replaced by an original version of the song.  All votes for this match thus far are nulled with the exception of Tonfa's as he's the one who provided the original, so I know he's heard it.  If you have voted already, please note that you have seen this post or your vote for that match will be void.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) vs. Leavin' Flow (Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2)
Legends of Sillyhead (Mana Khemia) vs. To the Last Drop of my Blood (Valkyrie Profile)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
My Boyfriend is a Pilot (Macross) vs. Colorless Wind (sola)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 10:02:17 PM »
Wow, average quality jumps off a cliff in this pool.  At least The Extreme, You're Not Alone, and No Knowledge of Wisdom are still pretty neat.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. No Knowledge of Wisdom (Valkyrie Profile 2) - I smirk mockingly at YSK.  No Knowledge is still awesome.
You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) vs. The Path is Open (Persona 3) - I tried to listen to The Path is Open three times and kept forgetting it was playing.  Not like it was going to win here anyway.
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Town of Tunlan (Breath of Fire) - Horrific slaughter.  The good BoF1 piece is "Alan & Cerl forever" which was in last time, and perhaps some of the overworlds.  Also, RC: Legend has it that speaking ill of the FF8 soundtrack will cause your current/future girlfriends to be possessed by sorceresses from the future.  Don't take that chance.
Diva (Guilty Gear 2) vs. Nothing to Lose (Soul Calibur 2) - Nothing to Lose, oh really?  How about this match?
Never More (Persona 4) vs. The Heart Speaks (Ar Tonelico 2) - Match of blah.  I think I could like Never More in the right context - ending credits maybe? - so it beats out The Heart Speaks, which is too mellow for its own good.
Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) vs. Leavin' Flow (Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2) - Still not in Awe of this She.  Leavin' Flow is okay.
Legends of Sillyhead (Mana Khemia) vs. To the Last Drop of my Blood (Valkyrie Profile) - Heh, I like both of these pieces, even if neither is a work of art.  Last Drop needs a longer loop, but it's got some really cool touches too, so going that.
Hell's Emperor (from J.S. Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) (Deathsmiles) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories) - Scarlet Wind has a good remix in the RS arrange album, and is an example of the better parts of Idaware's style - good silly fun.  Meanwhile Toccata and Fugue is a classic and my real-life ringtone (a la Phoenix Wright 2), but to some extent I'm judging Hell's Emperor on the remix, which it didn't really do much of aside from speeding it up.  No fair sneaking almost straight Bach into a VG Music tournament, to me.

FAILURE BRACKET
What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) vs. Swindler - Shanghai Mood (Shadow Hearts) - What is up, indeed.  (Shanghai's purpose is to musically say "CHINA!!!1!" as loudly as possible, which it succeeds admirably at.)

ANIME
My Boyfriend is a Pilot (Macross) vs. Colorless Wind (sola) - Colorless Wind is another track that sounds like they plugged in a generic percussion backbeat, but this is not exactly tough competition.  Also: Is there such a thing as colored wind?  "Man, the wind sure is yellow today?"
Spirale (Aria the ORIGINATION) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2) - zzzzzzz

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 10:09:56 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 10:25:49 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. No Knowledge of Wisdom (Valkyrie Profile 2) - Both of these are good.
You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) vs. The Path is Open (Persona 3) - Slaughterrific
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Town of Tunlan (Breath of Fire) - Slaughterrific Mk. II
Diva (Guilty Gear 2) vs. Nothing to Lose (Soul Calibur 2) - With all the time I've spent playing Soul Calibur 2, I don't even remember hearing Nothing to Lose. Close match nonetheless.

Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) vs. Leavin' Flow (Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2) - You mean I've had the arranged version of Leavin' Flow in my playlist this whole time and didn't even realize it? Oh jeez. Now I'm worried about all the other PSO tracks I entered.
Hell's Emperor (from J.S. Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) (Deathsmiles) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories) - Hell's Emperor is a discordant mess.

FAILURE BRACKET
What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) vs. Swindler - Shanghai Mood (Shadow Hearts) - That gong is annoying as f***.

ANIME
My Boyfriend is a Pilot (Macross) vs. Colorless Wind (sola) - Oh look. A song on imeem. Heh. Anyway, Colorless Wind has more personality.
Spirale (Aria the ORIGINATION) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2) - See above. More personality.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 02:29:23 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
- :) vs. Sakuraba.

- Easy.

- I suppose.

- Diva is better than most Guilty Gear music I've heard!  Nothing to Lose has... nothing.  To lose.

- Hm, both of these grow on me the more I listen to them.  Weird.

- Meh.

- Apathy.

- Sure.

FAILURE BRACKET
- wut up

ANIME
- Decent enough.

- Sure.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 12:25:57 AM by Talaysen »

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 09:30:08 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. No Knowledge of Wisdom (Valkyrie Profile 2) - Meh
You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) vs. The Path is Open (Persona 3) - YNA is one of the best pieces in FFIX, while The Path is Open is a really random selection.
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Town of Tunlan (Breath of Fire) - Gets over long, but at least it's not Tunlan.
Diva (Guilty Gear 2) vs. Nothing to Lose (Soul Calibur 2) - Another case where I'm not much of a fan of either.  Diva takes it though since it at least gets interesting.
Never More (Persona 4) vs. The Heart Speaks (Ar Tonelico 2) - I find them oddly similar, and just like the Persona track more today.
Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) vs. Leavin' Flow (Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2) - Awe of She, on the other hand, is a good Guilty Gear Track.
Legends of Sillyhead (Mana Khemia) vs. To the Last Drop of my Blood (Valkyrie Profile) - VP stuff is generally quality.
Hell's Emperor (from J.S. Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) (Deathsmiles) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories) - Bach is not cheating.

FAILURE BRACKET
What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) vs. Swindler - Shanghai Mood (Shadow Hearts) - Honestly insufferable.

ANIME
My Boyfriend is a Pilot (Macross) vs. Colorless Wind (sola) - Less generic.
Spirale (Aria the ORIGINATION) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2) - Works I suppose.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 11:00:01 PM »
You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. No Knowledge of Wisdom (Valkyrie Profile 2)- Slaughter
You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) vs. The Path is Open (Persona 3)- Something worked vs. average
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Town of Tunlan (Breath of Fire)- Suckless
Diva (Guilty Gear 2) vs. Nothing to Lose (Soul Calibur 2)- My second most favorite piece from GG2 vs random track of SC2.
Legends of Sillyhead (Mana Khemia) vs. To the Last Drop of my Blood (Valkyrie Profile)- Catchy

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 11:05:17 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 02:40:41 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 02:01:12 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. No Knowledge of Wisdom (Valkyrie Profile 2)- Neither impresses.
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Town of Tunlan (Breath of Fire)- Coinflip.
Diva (Guilty Gear 2) vs. Nothing to Lose (Soul Calibur 2)- Both kick ass.
Never More (Persona 4) vs. The Heart Speaks (Ar Tonelico 2)- Neither impress.
Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) vs. Leavin' Flow (Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2)- Awe of she.
Legends of Sillyhead (Mana Khemia) vs. To the Last Drop of my Blood (Valkyrie Profile)- Another weak round.
Hell's Emperor (from J.S. Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) (Deathsmiles) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories)- Is actual VG music.

FAILURE BRACKET
What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) vs. Swindler - Shanghai Mood (Shadow Hearts)- What's up for CHAMP of the fail bracket.

ANIME
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Pyro

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 02:29:05 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. No Knowledge of Wisdom (Valkyrie Profile 2): I'll take a good dungeon theme over YSK. I seem to recall a better version of YSK though...
You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) vs. The Path is Open (Persona 3): This is somewhere between a Mole and a Googleplex on the scale of blowouts.
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Town of Tunlan (Breath of Fire): Straightforward.
Never More (Persona 4) vs. The Heart Speaks (Ar Tonelico 2): Never More kind of relies on playing the game and getting used to that theme...
Legends of Sillyhead (Mana Khemia) vs. To the Last Drop of my Blood (Valkyrie Profile): The synthing issues are there, but Legend of Sillyhead does 0 for me.
Hell's Emperor (from J.S. Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) (Deathsmiles) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories): I enjoy it more in the fashion of game music.

ANIME
My Boyfriend is a Pilot (Macross) vs. Colorless Wind (sola): I remember liking this OP a while back. Still do.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 09:08:20 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. No Knowledge of Wisdom (Valkyrie Profile 2)- This is pretty when that singer shuts up.
You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) vs. The Path is Open (Persona 3)- While I've always thought You're Not Alone loses something outside of the game (Bit too repetitive), that's not an issue here.
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Town of Tunlan (Breath of Fire)- Town of Tunlan in the good bracket but Cleyra Settlement in the bad...
Never More (Persona 4) vs. The Heart Speaks (Ar Tonelico 2)- Aaaah Persona worded songs. Never a good idea.
Legends of Sillyhead (Mana Khemia) vs. To the Last Drop of my Blood (Valkyrie Profile)- LOVE.
Hell's Emperor (from J.S. Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) (Deathsmiles) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories)- Even beyond the principles of not game music, when I found Scarlet Wind in-game, I just kept Jack sitting there for a good long while (and then cursed when the character playing it stopped!). I don't think I'd do the same with the other.

FAILURE BRACKET
What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) vs. Swindler - Shanghai Mood (Shadow Hearts)- Kind of unfair because this has to suck on purpose, right?
...into the nightfall.

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 04:00:24 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 06:04:32 PM »
Ditto pool 5

MAIN TOURNAMENT

The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII)
vs. Town of Tunlan (Breath of Fire)

Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX)
vs. Leavin' Flow (Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2)

FAILURE BRACKET

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 10:06:04 PM »
This is your 7 hour warning, pools 5 and 6 will close at Midnight EST tonight!

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 01:08:07 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
They're both okay, but No Knowledge of Wisdom sounds like a billion Sakuraba songs. You Smiled Kindly has some distinctiveness.

The Path Is Open did nothing for me.

Town of Tunlan is...competent, I guess?

That intro puts Diva solidly in the lower tier of GG2 music...but it's still GG2 music.

Both of them suck. The Ar Tonelico song at least doesn't suck in the same way over and over for six minutes.

Awe Of She is Awe Of She. Leavin' Flow, to its detriment, is not.

Okay, that wasn't hard. Reasonably distinctive Sakuraba that's also some of his best background work, against....that?

Hell's Emperor (from J.S. Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) (Deathsmiles)
vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories)
Hell's Emperor starts out really well and never goes anywhere. Scarlet Wind just doesn't go anywhere.

FAILURE BRACKET
Shanghai Mood at least works okay as mood music if you turn the volume down a bit. What's Up? is faaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiil.

ANIME
Fuck you, Lin Minmay. FUCK YOU.

Spirale is, if not everything I don't like to hear in anime music, then most of it. Not that Trust You is very good either.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Bardiche

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2009, 01:31:18 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 06:53:58 AM »
Results!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) [9] vs. No Knowledge of Wisdom (Valkyrie Profile 2) [8]
You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) [17] vs. The Path is Open (Persona 3) [2]
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) [17] vs. Town of Tunlan (Breath of Fire) [3]
Diva (Guilty Gear 2) [12] vs. Nothing to Lose (Soul Calibur 2) [4]
Never More (Persona 4) [10] vs. The Heart Speaks (Ar Tonelico 2) [7]
Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) [12] vs. Leavin' Flow (Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2) [4]
Legends of Sillyhead (Mana Khemia) [3] vs. To the Last Drop of my Blood (Valkyrie Profile) [17]
Hell's Emperor (from J.S. Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) (Deathsmiles) [6] vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories) [11]

FAILURE BRACKET
What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) [14] vs. Swindler - Shanghai Mood (Shadow Hearts) [2]

ANIME
My Boyfriend is a Pilot (Macross) [3] vs. Colorless Wind (sola) [9]
Spirale (Aria the ORIGINATION) [5] vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2) [6]