Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 1~  (Read 5924 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 1~
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 03:48:02 AM »
I've seen the intro song translated as both "Into the Wilderness" and "At the End of the Wilderness". Seems like in a case like this Yakko should have asked the nommer which track was meant ('course, he may not have known that Into the Wilderness is commonly associated with the main WA theme?), but it's no big deal I guess.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 03:58:34 AM »
The one in this pool is the one I nommed.  >.>

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 05:55:39 AM »
most of the matches also force me to download something.

Any reason you're not able to use the listening links, out of curiosity?
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 06:10:01 AM »
NEB, both the intro and this version were nommed, the intro just hasn't come up yet.  I have the right song. <_<

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 12:30:50 PM »
Stickerbrush Symphony vs. Iron Blue Intention
The Merciless Savior vs. Otherworld
Enemy Attack vs. The Ur-Quan Masters: Through the Angles of Space (Quasispace)
Boss Theme vs. One Final Effort
Alice vs. Into The Wilderness: Into New Voyage
Nefertiti vs. Metal Harbor
Opening vs. Feel a Fear
Faraway Promise vs. The Road to Tomorrow Follows Behind You

FAILURE BRACKET
Second Miltia vs. Hydlide

ANIME
Soramimi Cake vs. Canta Per Me
Rise vs. Poltergeist

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 02:06:25 AM »
Stickerbrush Symphony (Donkey Kong Country 2) vs. Iron Blue Intention (Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin)
The Merciless Savior (Legend of Heroes VI) vs. Otherworld (FFX)
Enemy Attack (Tales of Legendia) vs. The Ur-Quan Masters: Through the Angles of Space(Quasispace) - (Star Control 2)
Boss Theme (Lufia 2) vs. One Final Effort (Halo 3)
Alice (Shadow Hearts) vs. Into the Wilderness~Into new Voyage~ (Wild ARMs)
Nefertiti (Mana Khemia) vs. Metal Harbor (Sonic Adventure 2)
Opening (Xenosaga 2) vs. Feel a Fear (Guilty Gear XX)
Faraway Promise (Xenogears) vs. The Road to Tomorrow Follows Behind You (WA5)

FAILURE BRACKET
Second Miltia (Xenosaga 2) vs. Hydlide (Hydlide)  - I don't know what this game is about.  That's all I can say about Hydlide.  That and this song is grating.

ANIME
Soramimi Cake (Azumanga Daioh) vs. Canta Per Me (Noir)
Rise (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig) vs. Poltergeist (Ghost Hound)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2009, 02:53:47 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Stickerbrush Symphony (Donkey Kong Country 2) vs. Iron Blue Intention (Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin): eh, whatever; not a fan of the former, the latter wasn't much, but the former does have an awesome redone version in Brawl so I guess that's the tiebreaker.
The Merciless Savior (Legend of Heroes VI) vs. Otherworld (FFX): Merciless Savior is one of those songs that takes forever to start up...complete with boring chanting during that section.  Otherworld...I more or less agree with Elfboy.
Enemy Attack (Tales of Legendia) vs. The Ur-Quan Masters: Through the Angles of Space(Quasispace) - (Star Control 2): Neither did much for me, going with the song from a game I actually played.
Boss Theme (Lufia 2) vs. One Final Effort (Halo 3): Boss theme of Lufia 2 is pretty rocking, Halo 3 theme...not so much.
Alice (Shadow Hearts) vs. Into the Wilderness~Into new Voyage~ (Wild ARMs): Just about any version of Into the Wilderness would beat just about any song from Shadow Hearts to me; this match is no exception.
Nefertiti (Mana Khemia) vs. Metal Harbor (Sonic Adventure 2): Nefertiti was kind of alright, Metal Harbor did nothing for me.
Opening (Xenosaga 2) vs. Feel a Fear (Guilty Gear XX): Going wtih the more upbeat song today.
Faraway Promise (Xenogears) vs. The Road to Tomorrow Follows Behind You (WA5): People...actually like the boring music box melody?

FAILURE BRACKET
Second Miltia (Xenosaga 2) vs. Hydlide (Hydlide): When in doubt, go with the one with NES Quality <.<

ANIME
Soramimi Cake (Azumanga Daioh) vs. Canta Per Me (Noir): Wasn't a fan of either, but at least the latter isn't this sugar sweet happy fun time kiddy song.
Rise (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig) vs. Poltergeist (Ghost Hound): Not seeing what makes Poltergeist so great, though Rise is pretty awesome.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2009, 03:37:21 AM »
Just a friendly reminder that pools one and two close at midnight EST tomorrow, so you have slightly over 24 hours to vote!

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 12:14:07 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The Merciless Savior (Legend of Heroes VI) vs. Otherworld (FFX)- Otherworld. Honestly, these both blow.
Alice (Shadow Hearts) vs. Into the Wilderness~Into new Voyage~ (Wild ARMs)- Alice. But yes, the SH 2 version is much better.
Nefertiti (Mana Khemia) vs. Metal Harbor (Sonic Adventure 2)- Metal Harbor. Eh, Nefertiti uses that semi annoying MK main theme.
Opening (Xenosaga 2) vs. Feel a Fear (Guilty Gear XX)- Opening. Awesome style vs...bland rock.
Faraway Promise (Xenogears) vs. The Road to Tomorrow Follows Behind You (WA5)- Faraway Promise. Road is okay, but man, it's essentially just a much worse version of Front Battle 2 from WA 2.

FAILURE BRACKET
Second Miltia (Xenosaga 2) vs. Hydlide (Hydlide)- Um yeah, I'm tempted for vote for Second Miltia though, because Hydlide is bad because it's from an eternity ago when there were heavy limitations. Second Miltia sucks without any such backup support.
...into the nightfall.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 04:30:57 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Stickerbrush Symphony (Donkey Kong Country 2) vs. Iron Blue Intention (Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin) - Coinflip for me, I love both.  Sad this had to happen in round 1.

The Merciless Savior (Legend of Heroes VI) vs. Otherworld (FFX) - Never been a fan of Otherworld.  And Merciless Savior is actually kinda nice.

Enemy Attack (Tales of Legendia) vs. The Ur-Quan Masters: Through the Angles of Space(Quasispace) - (Star Control 2) - Love.

Boss Theme (Lufia 2) vs. One Final Effort (Halo 3) - Just like it better.

Alice (Shadow Hearts) vs. Into the Wilderness~Into new Voyage~ (Wild ARMs) - No contest, to me.

Nefertiti (Mana Khemia) vs. Metal Harbor (Sonic Adventure 2) - Surprisingly good vs not so much.

Opening (Xenosaga 2) vs. Feel a Fear (Guilty Gear XX) - No real reason.

Faraway Promise (Xenogears) vs. The Road to Tomorrow Follows Behind You (WA5) - More my style.

FAILURE BRACKET
Second Miltia (Xenosaga 2) vs. Hydlide (Hydlide) - Ergh

ANIME
Soramimi Cake (Azumanga Daioh) vs. Canta Per Me (Noir) - Why must this be a round 1 match.

Rise (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig) vs. Poltergeist (Ghost Hound) - Bad draw for Poltergeist.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 05:24:08 AM »
Results!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Stickerbrush Symphony (Donkey Kong Country 2) [14] vs. Iron Blue Intention (Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin) [10]
The Merciless Savior (Legend of Heroes VI) [15] vs. Otherworld (FFX) [10]
Enemy Attack (Tales of Legendia) [15] vs. The Ur-Quan Masters: Through the Angles of Space(Quasispace) - (Star Control 2) [9]
Boss Theme (Lufia 2) [9] vs. One Final Effort (Halo 3) [14]
Alice (Shadow Hearts) [14] vs. Into the Wilderness~Into new Voyage~ (Wild ARMs) [12]
Nefertiti (Mana Khemia) [21] vs. Metal Harbor (Sonic Adventure 2) [4]
Opening (Xenosaga 2) [12]vs. Feel a Fear (Guilty Gear XX) [13]
Faraway Promise (Xenogears) [11] vs. The Road to Tomorrow Follows Behind You (WA5) [15]

FAILURE BRACKET
Second Miltia (Xenosaga 2) [9] vs. Hydlide (Hydlide) [15]

ANIME
Soramimi Cake (Azumanga Daioh) [3] vs. Canta Per Me (Noir) [19]
Rise (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig) [18] vs. Poltergeist (Ghost Hound) [3]