Register

Author Topic: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)  (Read 410702 times)

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)
« Reply #1725 on: April 01, 2011, 02:44:16 AM »
Maybe he just doesn't like blondes.... (Reis not included, because Reis is *always* awesome)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:48:20 AM by NinjaWeazel »

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 01, 2011, 02:20:58 PM »
If we really want to make Agrias pick back up in the super-lategame, then why don't we give her a 9999 JP ability?

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 01, 2011, 07:01:18 PM »
If we really want to make Agrias pick back up in the super-lategame, then why don't we give her a 9999 JP ability?

After 9999 hours of studying Calculus, Agrias unlocks Math Swordskill

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 01, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »

After 9999 hours of studying Calculus, Agrias unlocks Math Swordskill

Not sure that one is feasible with the current hacking knowledgebase, but, for example, I don't think we have any PC characters who can learn Teleport 2 yet, for instance (outside of getting it innate on Calc).

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 01, 2011, 08:48:51 PM »
No, I am not giving Teleport 2 to Agrias. The 9999 JP thing was a funny gimmick once, it would be tired to do more. >_>
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 01, 2011, 10:29:23 PM »
I'd be cool with slapping some high-cost defensive abilities on?  Takes her in the opposite direction of the late swordskillers (since TG Cid and Meli are all about MOAR OFFENSE and Beowulf just makes everything cry forever with statuses.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 01, 2011, 11:28:42 PM »
Meliadoul is straight up defensive. High HP+Knight defenses+Ruins.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 01, 2011, 11:52:15 PM »
Meliadoul also really isn't even flat up a fair comparison to Agrias. The Mighty Sword skills are considerably different (less range, have the gimmick of equipment breaking while not working on things without it, no multitarget, no status, and less damage in general) and the Ruins are a different beast entirely. Agrias is much more offensive-oriented than Meliadoul is.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 02, 2011, 01:14:21 AM »
Fair enough on all points, mechanically.  I was more thinking in the terms of 'Agrias the royal bodyguard' as opposed to ' Thunder God the one man army' and 'vengeful templar'.  

Also, now that I think of it.  Is it possible to let Meliadoul hurt monsters with her moves in LFT, like she can in War of the Lions?  I forget if this has been asked before.  Poking around with FFTPatcher, it looks like it might be possible if there was a way to strip that 'else miss' out of the ability formula... Though that might mean diving way deep into the hacking end of the pool...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:19:22 AM by NinjaWeazel »

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 02, 2011, 04:14:52 AM »
Yes, but it ended up being extremely buggy (you get an equipment broken message even when they have nothing, it interacts weirdly with Fur Shop, etc.) so I took it out. Melia has enough on her own merits now that she isn't totally reliant on that.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 02, 2011, 12:24:06 PM »
No, I am not giving Teleport 2 to Agrias. The 9999 JP thing was a funny gimmick once, it would be tired to do more. >_>

Fair.  (And to be honest, you should be ignoring me when it comes to speecial characters/aftergame anyway--totally not my field of expertise).

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 02, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
Yes, but it ended up being extremely buggy

Ah well then.  We do not want that!

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 04, 2011, 08:37:49 AM »
Patch has been tentatively updated, pending a test playthrough from both Richard and myself.

For those tracking the thread, though, you can get it yourself (it's already been updated, just not announced):

http://www.rpgdl.com/LFT/LFT_Patch.ppf

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 07, 2011, 12:02:48 AM »
Hm.  Havent messed with the new patch yet but...  is Rafa supposed to join up with 69 brave and 69 Faith, and malak with 31 Brave and 31 faith?  I thought they were 31/69 and 69/31 respectively before.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 07, 2011, 12:40:13 AM »
They were definitely deliberately swapped. Probably has something to do with the fact that Rafa exhibits considerably more bravery than Malak "lalala I am closing my ears about the bad things you are saying about Barinten lalala" during the game's actual story.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: April 07, 2011, 01:11:14 AM »
That and I'd rather people make Malak their MFI bitch than Rafa.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: April 07, 2011, 01:17:18 AM »
I'd argue that the correct MFI bitch was and still is Ramza. Scream to repair the brave once you're done + no annoying messages (and in LFT, since Carabini Mail allows your brave to go below 10 brave without being useless, no risk of leaving the party). Still, I'm probably the minority on that one.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Just Another Day

• Just Another Dollar
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • (BL)
« Reply #1742 on: April 07, 2011, 01:24:42 AM »
I'd argue that the correct MFI bitch was and still is Ramza. Scream to repair the brave once you're done + no annoying messages (and in LFT, since Carabini Mail allows your brave to go below 10 brave without being useless, no risk of leaving the party). Still, I'm probably the minority on that one.

+1

Threatening Ramza is also very satisfying.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: April 07, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »
It's mostly a matter of how wrecked you mind leaving the person MFIing.

Ramza is technically superior, but in the end, you're going to have to boost his Brave back up(And, if you're not doing it all at once for whatever reason, back down later). Yeah, easy to do casually, but there'll either be battles you have to do it in extra, or you'll have to put up with low Brave Ramza for a few fights.

Whereas, if you consider (Rafa original, Malak here) not worth your time, hey, just drop them and leave them. Less work, if you don't care about the character enough to boost the Brave again. Also, you don't have to worry about not doing all your Move-Find at once this way.

Even if you don't find Ramza useful(I can't recall ever seeing someone say that), his forced nature makes it uncomfortable to leave him low on Brave. If nothing else, you might want to go beat the game again afterwards. (I suppose he might be running a no-Brave Reaction skill and no Brave weapons and it wouldn't matter much then, but.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:48:09 PM by SageAcrin »
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: April 07, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »
Yeah, I was originally planning on using Rafa as my MFI character like usual, since I can just give her weapon guard and a pole.  Also her having decent Faith makes sending her through the Mage jobs for Calculator (that innate teleport 2 is awesome) a breeze.  Malak... well, the plan will require some adjusting.  But I shall adapt and overcome.

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: April 12, 2011, 12:29:29 AM »
On another Meliadoul note, how hard would it be to give her moves more range?  Bumping her Destroy Sword stuff up to 5 gives her better range than Agrias (but still less damage, and no status or AoE).

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: April 12, 2011, 01:05:44 AM »
That would make the stooges considerably more obnoxious to fight as a pretty notable side effect.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: April 12, 2011, 01:50:10 AM »
Does Mel need buffing?

105 speed, 175/175 HP/MP, Hats, Clothes, innate DU and MDU

She's like Knight except all her stats are higher, her skillset is better, and her equipment is better.

(Though again: don't look to me for aftergame stuff; maybe nobody ever touches her because Knight Reis is better?  If that's happening, I wouldn't know).

Just Another Day

• Just Another Dollar
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • (BL)
« Reply #1748 on: April 12, 2011, 02:16:19 AM »
I don't really have a dog in this game, but I think there's a good argument for balancing some characters (and maybe Meliadoul is a good cut-off) for the aftergame rather than the game itself -- certainly this is the case for Reis/Beowolf/Cloud; no point comparing them to ordinary characters, little incentive to constrain them in the same ways. With Meliadoul, if you were to do such a thing, I suppose you'd counterbalance by raising JP costs sharply?

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: April 12, 2011, 02:26:33 AM »
With Meliadoul, if you were to do such a thing, I suppose you'd counterbalance by raising JP costs sharply?

Well...would you?  Her skills don't work on Hashmallum or Altima or Adramelk or Zalera, or Balk's pets, so it's not like she makes all the rest of the story missions cry.  And...presumably to get her full power you still need to give her a good secondary (Knight is more of a carrier; Mel probably operates a little like Knight) so lack-of-JP is already a significant barrier to optimized Mel (and would be even if her skills had no JP cost...because she still needs plenty of JP from generic jobs).

I wouldn't worry about her JP costs unless you plan on making her skills completely bonkers.