Register

Author Topic: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)  (Read 410612 times)

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Re: LFT: An FFT mod (Final Release - Download here!)
« Reply #1525 on: January 30, 2011, 05:04:06 PM »
First page, second post I believe. I'll just C&P it for you.

-Random Encounter Changes-

Dolbodar Swamp
* Uribos can be found more commonly from either direction

Bervenia Volcano
* North entrance randoms now have Hyudras and Hydras
* North entrance rare fight changed to a superfight (hardest in the game, can learn Zodiac, stealable Blood Lance and Paladin Shield)
* Encounters altered to have more enemy Geomancers

Zirekile Falls
* East entrance rare fight changed to 11 Mages

Lenalia Plateau
* South entrance rare fight changed to 11 Calculators

Araguay Woods
* South entrance rare fight changed to 11 Ninjas

Yuguo Woods
* East entrance rare fight changed to 11 Samurai

Bed Desert
* North entrance rare fight changed to 11 Archers

Zeklaus Desert
* South entrance rare fight changed to Richard's Revenge and the Flying Morbols

Taishyr

« Reply #1526 on: January 31, 2011, 02:01:58 AM »
I am quickly coming to the conclusion that my least favorite chapter in LFT is Ch. 1, for one reason: Knights w/ Potion.

That is all. Please return to your normal broadcasts.

Legomancer

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 01, 2011, 11:52:21 AM »
I am quickly coming to the conclusion that my least favorite chapter in LFT is Ch. 1, for one reason: Knights w/ Potion.

That is all. Please return to your normal broadcasts.
Counter with poison :B.

The first chapter is one of my favorites because you can get away with learning Poison dark magic and slapping it on nearly anything without seeing a huge weakness from having a jank secondary you purposely use for only one ability.

Knight + Black Magic [Solely for poison since MA doesn't matter] = DoT Tank plaguing up all the enemies.

Heck for the longest time my Ramza was a knight with Regenerator + Move HP Up with poison casting, though that was mostly done during a time when the blood sword was viable. I'm addicted to the Defense/Magic Defense + of knights @_@.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:57:22 AM by Legomancer »

Taishyr

« Reply #1528 on: February 01, 2011, 12:26:20 PM »
Usually the same knights with Potion have Antidote, it's why that strategy totally bombed out for me at Zeklaus where I planned to use it.

My only real strategy I had was to chip away a ton (fortunately my team does range well, but) until they fell over.

And heh, my Ramza's a Knight/White Mage with Move HP Up, the HP tanking's funny.

Legomancer

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 01, 2011, 01:48:36 PM »
Usually the same knights with Potion have Antidote, it's why that strategy totally bombed out for me at Zeklaus where I planned to use it.

My only real strategy I had was to chip away a ton (fortunately my team does range well, but) until they fell over.

And heh, my Ramza's a Knight/White Mage with Move HP Up, the HP tanking's funny.

And zombify is only a counter to auto pot because they'd just holy water it away @_@, though honestly, if I'm able to force the enemy to do things like whack a teammate to remove confuse/charm or spend a turn using something like holy water/antidote I consider the disabler char I used to have been successful so long as at least one character is forced to not take direct action against me.

Move HP up is funny during the early stages when half a hit gets absorbed away, it gets even funnier on a knight where that hit was already weakened, thank god Laggy made it so it isn't punishing to play characters that don't use Move +1-3, though I still find myself addicted to the distance.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 01:51:45 PM by Legomancer »

Taishyr

« Reply #1530 on: February 01, 2011, 02:02:57 PM »
It's more a case of "either I poison them and watch them all move away and heal it off/antidote, thus making the fight take longer, or I go with a stronger offensive option".

If Poison were stronger - esp. early - I'd consider it a far better strat, but as it stands... I get why you use it, don't get me wrong, but all the times I've tried using it, really didn't help much.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 01, 2011, 02:08:54 PM »
Knight speed turns spent Antidoting is time not spent attacking you, so long as you are outnumbering the opponent that is a winning trade.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 01, 2011, 02:25:18 PM »
Knight speed turns spent Antidoting is time not spent attacking you, so long as you are outnumbering the opponent that is a winning trade.

Doesn't really solve the problem.

The problem isn't that it's hard, the problem is that it's dull.  Using Poison so that the Knight nullifies poison before taking any damage from it...doesn't really make things go any faster.  I'd be pretty surprised if there was a half-decent party that could not handle a Knight with Item.  The issue is more handling a Knight with Item in a way that isn't boring.

Legomancer

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 01, 2011, 03:43:58 PM »
At those points in the game I was making sure poison was spread across a wide field, with a knight casting, then nearby the AI usually didn't want to bother trying to antidote everyone, I mean, once in awhile the enemy wasn't close enough to attack, but poisons only got a 4 range and a 4 wide large AoE. By positioning yourself to allow attacks in general you get idiots rushing towards you to beat on you, mostly at the limits of their ranges so they don't get to maneuver to your backside.

I do things like that to buff up far from danger with the rest of the party, two accumulates on a monk turns him into a murder machine, especially on poison softened targets that were clumped around a knight they were trying to smash [Spiiiiiin fiiiist]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:47:48 PM by Legomancer »

Taishyr

« Reply #1534 on: February 01, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »
MC pretty much gets what I am (very very poorly) trying to say on my end. Sure, it's a turn wasted on their end. Still slower and less debilitating than a good solid thwack, magical or physical, and far easier for the computer to go "eh whatevs dude, lol". As I said, I get it! I just don't find it as interesting (think I used productive earlier, poor choice of words that)

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 01, 2011, 09:26:30 PM »

Doesn't really solve the problem.

The problem isn't that it's hard, the problem is that it's dull.  Using Poison so that the Knight nullifies poison before taking any damage from it...doesn't really make things go any faster.  I'd be pretty surprised if there was a half-decent party that could not handle a Knight with Item.  The issue is more handling a Knight with Item in a way that isn't boring.

I put all my creatures in defence mode!  Stalemates are exciting!

Legomancer

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 02, 2011, 08:17:26 AM »
Does anyone know by how much items like the 108 Gems amplify elemental damage, and whether or not they stack with others of their type?

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 02, 2011, 09:06:54 AM »
It is a 25% boost and they don't stack.

Taishyr

« Reply #1538 on: February 03, 2011, 10:54:21 PM »
So hey Laggy thanks for making Draw Out target everyone

Dealing with the Quekzombies with Murasame was totally fucking hilarious.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 04, 2011, 06:53:10 PM »
So hey Laggy thanks for making Draw Out target everyone

Dealing with the Quekzombies with Murasame was totally fucking hilarious.

Ooh, I wonder if there's any other Draw Outs with hilarious possibilities like that.

(Regen doesn't make Undead lose HP, so that's out.  But...maybe there could a rescue mission where the enemies all have Shock! and always-poison, incentivizing the use of Masamune on enemies to cancel poison with regen?)

dis astranagant

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 05, 2011, 07:30:26 AM »
RICHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

Hmm, the Bervenia bosses don't look like they'll be very fond of a couple plagues if I come back to actually kill them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:37:06 PM by dis astranagant »

Taishyr

« Reply #1541 on: February 06, 2011, 08:18:29 PM »
Laggy

Laggy please explain

Why are Oracles treating Charm Song as a buff to cast on themselves

This is extremely illogical behavior I would only expect from a Kappa

My Oracle (top-right) does not know Charm, no one on my team does, I did not inflict this

The only pertinent thing I can think of is that a Bard was buffing people

Did the AI seriously charm itself to try and get in on the buffs or something

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 06, 2011, 08:53:29 PM »
It is all part of my secret plan
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 06, 2011, 09:40:54 PM »
RICHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

Hmm, the Bervenia bosses don't look like they'll be very fond of a couple plagues if I come back to actually kill them.

If you do another one of these try and turn the game volume down and your recording volume up because it's pretty much impossible to hear you :(

Also, as the President of this great United States of America I salute your efforts.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:02:32 PM by Nephrite »

dis astranagant

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 07, 2011, 04:45:28 AM »
For some reason fraps set my mic stupid quiet.  I have it mostly fixed for other videos, like the blind video of me getting my ass rammed by the volcano guys.  Next time I try them I'll make them regret they have 999 mp.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: February 08, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
LFT challenge of sorts I started awhile back...but never actually got the the point where it mattered! So picking it back up now. I play things slowly, and often get distracted, so dunno when I'll finish it. But may as well post stuff here about it since I know some folks like that kind of thing.

Anyway, this is the Cameo playthrough. The goal is to have Hatbot Beoulve work his magic and Invite all of the errant DLers(and others) who have stumbled thier way into the world of LFT. And then use them to beat things up.

Rules I'm setting: First off, challenge does not start until the first recruit(so, Grefter at San Rat Cellar). Up to that point, everything is fair game. After that, only Hatbot, the Cameos, and of course guests may be used.

For Classes: Cameos can change jobs to get new abilities with propositions and such, but must always be in thier original class for battles. Story or random. Hatbot can do whatever the hell he wants for the most part, but must always have Talk Skill equipped. I may or may not start hatbotting his job after I get enough cameos for a full team, I dunno. I'll try to hold to these rules even in aftergame shit, but dunno how well that'll hold up.

For the grindanz: Since I'll have more then 4 generics to keep up with, I'll prolly be doing some randoms here and there to catch them up. Will try and keep grinding to a minimum.

Also, as I still can't get savestates to work on my ePSXe for some bizzare reason, there will be no savestate abuse. Meaning if I miss a cameo, I either suck it up and move on or reset.

Anyway, on with the game.

Ch1

Before picking this back up today, I had gotten as far as...uh, about to do Sweegy. So.

Sweegy/Dorter 1: Easy enough, still using the generic the game started me with here. Magic Break is a good way of dealing with bombs I find. Dorter gives me a reset. I swap Delita and Algus to Knight and Archer respectively so they aren't just bumming around in squire, and suddenly the fight is more managable. Hatbot manages to make Medaitor before Dorter, and gets enough JP to pick up Death Sentance and Invite. Huzzah!

Sand Rat Cellar: CAMEO ALERT! It's time to talk Grefter over to the forces of goo..er, just..hmm. The forces of Hatbot! Landing an early poizn on everyone but Gref and the one monk that went to pick a fistfight with Knight Delita(protip: don't do that) made the fight managable. Picked off everyone else, and finally landed Invite on Gref on the...10th or 11th try? Yeah. Battle was surpisingly easy overall. I expect this to change.

Thieves Fort: So a preist walks out and starts charing FIRE 4 on Hatbot. Um. What. Well, she doesn't get it off, Delita OHKOs her first. Then Hatbot lands a lucky Invite on a thief, getting us a little extra muscle. Which turned out to be vital, since really going into this with 2 PCs is not easy. Miluda eventually bites it to Gref outslugging her, but not before she breaks his Chain Mail. ;_;

Lenalia Plataeu: 3 resets. Yeah. So thankfully I'm largely making this shit up as I go and not doing any kind of official challenge, becuase I'm already needing to break the rules. Hatbot, Gref and Delita simply cannot win this alone. I decide to pick up a Black Gob and a Skeliton in Sweegy to give me some extra warm bodies, and the fight is still a bitch even with them. Also, Miluda breaks more of my shit. Wear her down eventually though. And monsters will get phased out as I pick up more cameos.

EDIT: Don't feel like doubleposting, so Edit is go.

Windmill Shed: This battle was...uh, odd. I end up burning 4 Phoenix Downs since Weigraf gets lucky on crush punches early. But somehow(and by somehow I mean Grefter offense) I end up killing all his support quickly enough. Then begins the long, slow, painful process of slugging down Wiegraf himself. Couldn't stop the Skeliton from crystalizing, sadly. However, enough Mediator JP is gained by Hatbot to learn the ability that handles the next fight completely.

Ft. Zeakden: Aka: Why you don't fuck with Daravon. He is so badass that even mimicing him is enough to get a fight under control all on it's own. Well, okay, not ALL on it's own. Because...CAMEO ALERT! Super is so eager to switch sides purely for the chance to shoot Algus in the nuts that he hops over on the first Invite. Success! He then proceeds to break the equipment of the remaining enemy knights. The two wizards(one of whom tried charging Fire 3 on me) both got put to sleep and OHKOd by Grefter.

Going into chapter 2, I have a Mediator with Item, 2 Knights(one using a crossbow), and a Black Goblin. The gob isn't doing too hot, but hey, it's a warm body.

Dorter 2: CAMEO ALERT! Andy is an awesome LFT thief and therefor a must-have for my team. However, Hatbot only has a 15% chance to get him. So, 2 resets while I keep spamming that until it works. Eventually it does, and the fight is easily handled from there(and frankly even before Andy submits). Super goes around breaking archer weapons at range while Gref does that OHKOing thing(or really high 2HKO) on the time mages that insist on charging in his reach. And the Guests of course do thier thing.

And that's all for tonight. Will prolly move this over to the WGAYP topic next time I pick it up.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:00:20 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 14, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »
Will prolly move this over to the WGAYP topic next time I pick it up.

I'll note that I keep up-to-date with this topic, but often can't keep pace with the WGAYP topic, so if you move it there I may miss parts of it.  (Not that I need to read every LFT playthrough ever done--Laggy does way more of that than I do anyway--but mostly relevant only if you want my snarky commentary).

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 19, 2011, 01:41:16 AM »
RICHARD !! has volunteered so kindly to do slave labor an update to some of the Random Encounter setups, which is an endeavor I have practically no personal interest in doing but know that plenty of people have requested for it. There's a few handful of edits that'll go in with it as well that I'm documenting here for now mainly for his benefit:

Monster Changes

Code: [Select]
Juravis Scratch Up Feather Bomb Beak Beaking Hamedo Gastrafitis
Steel Hawk Scratch Up Beaking Beak Dispose Hamedo Ultimus Bow
Cocatoris Scratch Up Feather Bomb Beaking Beak Hamedo Yoichi Bow

Bull Demon Shake Off Wave Fist Bizen Boat Mimic Titan Blade Grasp Kikuichimoji
Minitaurus Shake Off Gather Power Kiyomori Earth Slash Blade Grasp Holy Lance
Sacred Shake Off Wave Around Masamune Blow Fire Blade Grasp Mace of Zeus

- Drop Squire base move from 5 to 4. They really are good enough as it stands.
- Adramelk: Remove his Start: Protect/Shell and drop his Brave to 80.
- Tone down C1 randoms to incorporate less Panthers/Goblins and more scrub Humans.
- Make C4 random humans more competitive with C4 monsters.

The rest of random design is at his discretion. You can probably bombard him with ideas and requests.

In addition, the PSP patch will be updated in sync with this when completed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:11:04 PM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 19, 2011, 02:45:04 AM »
Is it possible to use the tools available to include some of the WotL classes into PSX FFT? I mean things like Dark Knight, Onion Knight, etc. I assumed from some of the sprite editing tools that exist that such a thing is possible.

This isn't something I'm asking if anyone will do, per se, just if it's possible. If it would be possible, I might be able to assist RICHARD!!! in adding them in. Of course, if there was no real interest in the first place then I doubt I'd bother, but I think it'd be neat if it was possible.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 19, 2011, 03:25:49 AM »
Last I checked you have to overwrite jobs to include new jobs as PCs.