Author Topic: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)  (Read 410534 times)

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: LFT: An FFT mod (Final Release - Download here!)
« Reply #1300 on: June 09, 2010, 11:08:14 PM »
Very much with Excal/Gref on this. It is a very minor little change. I...really don't care. At all.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 09, 2010, 11:24:55 PM »
This shit is still horribly undocumented for the people that aren't crazy hardcore into FFT

Anyone who downloads this patch has, y'know, access to this topic where the full stat table was documented.  Just sayin' >_>.  (And if it doesn't matter, then why are we messing with it?  The reality is that it matters to some players).

Anyway...

Summary of where my design thoughts are

A) Growths are a carrot on a stick...kinda like coins in Mario Bros.  Even if their ultimate relevance is very low, someone is going to worry about them.

B) If there's 9 classes with normal stat growth, and 1 class with bad stat growth, this is usually bad design--the kind of people who worry about growths won't touch that class.

C) If there's 1 class with good stat growth, and 9 classes with normal stat growth, this can be good design--the kind of people who worry about stat growth can't realistically ignore all the other classes.  (The design is particularly good when you didn't already have a strong incentive to spend a long amounts of time in the good growth class).

The main issue I have with the initial suggestion is that it falls more into category B (9 of the 13 magic classes were put at "good mage growth", making the other three or four classes singled out as bad).  That...plus a little bit of C-misuse (Calcs are pretty much dead last on my list of "classes we should give people more incentive to grind").

All of this...kinda points me back towards the mostly-vanilla setup suggested earlier (one class does speed growth, one class does PA growth, one class does MP growth, etc).

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 09, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »
I have implemented the growth changes Tonfa suggested and fixed documentation regarding such.

I do not want to touch growths henceforth. >_>
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 12, 2010, 07:44:12 PM »
Up through Altima now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTErxK9aXAk)... I'm getting started on post-game, which I haven't really done before.  Laggy have mercy on my soul.

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: June 12, 2010, 09:27:59 PM »
Tiny Ko Army will have no mercy.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 13, 2010, 03:23:01 AM »

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 13, 2010, 03:54:47 AM »
Infinite Ko Loop~
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 13, 2010, 03:55:16 AM »
JSH speaking at double speed, 10 minutes of dancing, that mouse cursor in the centre of the screen that keeps making me try to move my mouse out of the way?  

You sir are truely an artist.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 13, 2010, 04:12:55 AM »
Wow.  I hadn't noticed the cursor, haha.  I had to remove my laptop's battery the other day, and for some reason that killed all of my recording defaults.  Looks like I missed the cursor hiding option.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 13, 2010, 04:21:11 AM »
It is fine, it doesn't block anything.  And I do mean it actually oddly enough.  Everyone sounds kind of funny in double speed, so you make me laugh.  Trying to move the cursor for the fifth time makes me frustrated with myself for doing it again.  Generally in spite of your worries even for someone not hard core into FFT (and more interested in watching your suffering) Colliery both parts were well worth watching.

It keeps me entertained and manipulates me emotionally, that is all I ask for in performance art.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 13, 2010, 04:58:51 AM »
No 'fense taken, glad you enjoyed.

Colliery 1st floor is pounding me pretty hard at the moment; will have a two-part failure episode on it.  It kind of reminds me of Balk II because it throws all these new threats at you for the first time instead of easing you in to it.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 13, 2010, 05:06:57 AM »
Yeah Laggy seemed pretty intent on making the aftergame stuff studded with no lube.

And just have to say because I do actively tell people that they are stupid and the things they are doing is stupid.  So when I say something kind of weird but actually do mean it as a compliment I feel the need to make sure it is taken as such.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 13, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 13, 2010, 05:59:09 PM »
Haha. Laggy's a whore!

^_^! I'm glad you are having trouble with me~
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 06:13:14 PM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 13, 2010, 07:18:11 PM »
They're not supposed to use teamwork!

(and part 2 for reference)

*watches part 2* Aww...why did Ciato have to move when you stood next to her and used Jump?  (Jump triggers Hammedo if you're in the correct range, and that would have been hilarious just for your reaction).

For the record on your comment about underselling Geomancer stats...umm the enemy levels in this fight range from level 1 to level 87.  That has a larger impact on their stats than their job does >_>

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 13, 2010, 07:27:34 PM »
I didn't even pay attention to their levels; I was looking more at the HP values, I'm afraid.  If it had taken me more than three tries, I might have analyzed farther and figured out that was why they were so fast.

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 14, 2010, 09:02:22 PM »
You really need to restart or find another way of playing Nelveska Temple.  It's my favorite battle in the game.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 14, 2010, 09:19:27 PM »
You really need to restart or find another way of playing Nelveska Temple.  It's my favorite battle in the game.

If someone can send me a save with it available (or explain to me how to hack my save and change that flag), I'll do it.  I don't have enough free time to do a second run, though.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 16, 2010, 06:49:36 PM »
Can anyone help me out?  What is the super battle in VOYAGE?  I assume it is the one with over 9000 monsters, but I just want to make sure.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: June 16, 2010, 07:16:13 PM »
Can anyone help me out?  What is the super battle in VOYAGE?  I assume it is the one with over 9000 monsters, but I just want to make sure.

All levels but NOGIAS have special characters in their super battles. In this case it's Larg and Goltana.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 26, 2010, 06:58:13 PM »
LFT No direct damage challenge: Beat Quek. C2 was a cakewalk till Lionel.  Execution fight was owned so bad by secret fist that it wasn't funny. Lionel Gate had some resets. I had to fiddle my setup some, but:

Thief Ramza with Punch Art and Martial arts
Female Oracle with Charge
Male Mime
Male Priest with Talk Skill
Female Knight with Item

Ramza stole Gafgarion's sword, healed when needed, and opened the gate. The oracle+Mime took control of a very annoying fight with some luck with petrify. I got overwhelmed on previous attempts, not enough healing.

Queklein: Three resets.

Setup:

Squire Ramza with punch Art and Martial arts
Female Time Mage with charge
Male Mime
Male Priest with Talk skill
Female Ninja with basic skill

Oh boy. I did not equip for durability here and I paid for it; Quek 2HKOed my mages with ease and the Knights could massacre anyone sans Ramza or the Mime if they focused on them. Quek was obnoxious, but hte Knights were royal pains in the ass. They are harder than hell to kill (Undead knight=no secret fist for you!), and the range of the map means you can't really protect your units. The time I won had Quek spamming status. He kept trying to petrify my team and use death cold on my mime; my Time mage was able to get off a Haste 2 and my Ninja got beserked. She did the vast majority of the damage. Of course petrifing her meant I lost some status curing, but that was a tradeoff I had to make. You cant' tread water against Quek forever.

Rant: Assassination missions SUCK without guests. Oh hey you want to focus the offense, but your beserked unit keeps attacking the knights while Quek rips me a new asshole! Mime+Ninja is pretty ineffective as well, as Mimes only get that first hit. I'll be investing in some much heavier firepower for C3, though. Prepare for foot up ass, enemies!
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 30, 2010, 12:02:51 AM »
Chapter 3! I did some poaching here to make things more managable.  Noable grabs: Defender, Dragon Whisker, Ice Brand, Reflect Mail, Dracula Mantle, Elixirs.

Goland- One reset. Olan dies before I can reach him; there's nothing I can really do to save him. Oh well. Try two goes much better. I focus a Cure 3 on Olan ASAP. Ramza secret fists a chemist, which the mime of course mimes to hit a thief with. Olan manages to nail several people with Galaxy stop this time (Compared to a mighty one the previous time), and berserk units win the day. My Calculator does her magic as well- She teleports in front of Olan to bodyguard him, and uses Death to frag Hal, who is 2HKOing Olan.

Current setup: Squire Ramza with Punch Art, a Mediator with White Magic and short charge, a Calculator with Black Magic, Samurai and a mime.

Ramza is focusing on healing and revival. A Defender gives him offense in a pinch if he needs it. The Mediator revives/heals and slings status, the Calculator is slinging ID. I am probably going to rotate out Yin-yang and black magic, depending on the map. Mime is mime, thus is always good.

Why Samurai? Raw offenswe. Heavy hitters actually -are- heavy hitters in this game. Knight will be my choice when I need defense (Dracula+innate defenses=haha enemies), Lancer is the heavy spear user. The Samurai is who I'm using right now. ITE is the gift that really keeps on giving (Berserk units can be stymied by evade), and two hands means they will always hit hard. I am going to switch her to Masamune in C4, but for now? It is awesome. I wish I had raised a second fighter, but oh well. I can't afford to give up the mediator's support, or Ramza's healing. Reflect mail helps my Samurai's HP not completely suck, and a Dracula Mantle+abandon gives  her plenty of defense even when berserked. The circlet will just be awesome when it gets here. +3PA? Haste? Berserk?! SOLD.

Lesalia- Death+Calculator, abusive? Why yes, yes it is. That and a mime clears the field fast, especially with my samurai around. (She grossly overkilled poor Zalmo). Cheer up means that my Calc is getting enough turns to count. Ramza has turned into an XF sacred slayer, come to think of it.

UBS floor 3- You know it's going to be a long fight when your calculator gets counter magiced to death. This fight was a comedy of errors that included a counter magic death, my samurai not being able to judge height and smiting the church steps several times, and Alex throwing around ten Phoenix downs.  I got a mimed mimic daravon that nailed three people to really turn the tide of the fight.

UBS floor 2- one reset. I ranted before about the problem with assassination missions. It's a matter of getting to the target, which with a berserked unit means baiting the boss forward. I deicded to smash Izlude's support and then deal with him. This went perfectly until I got nailed with some massively unlucky status- My calc got stoned, and Ramza got hit with a sleep sword phyiscal. Gaaaaaaaaaaateeeeeeee! Second time, my Samurai went the right way and OHKOed Izlude easily enough.

UBS floor 1- Three resets. Bad sign with Wiegraf=2HKO from Samurai=Annoying fight. How do I get around this? I try manipulating the battle, but Wiegraf likes to hit and run here. I baited him forward, my Samurai smacks him for 200ish, my mime gets a mimed hit in, and my Oracle poisons him. DS on my Samurai makes sure someone survives long enough for poison to finish off Wiegraf.

Grog- I take this fight so seriously that I set no healing *and* berserk my Calculator for the hell of it. She gets three kills on top of her two kills from using death earlier in the battle.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 02, 2010, 05:05:17 AM »
Yardow- Death spam=lol. This fight barely gets off the ground thanks to that. Other highlights of this fight include my Calculator shield blocking both hits from a Ninja, and poor Xer getting stopped by counter flood.

Yuguo- One reset. I forgot to set gear, mostly. This fight takes ages, as Death doesn't work and the enemies have a fair bit of firepower. My Samurai's range sucks here (She likes vertical maps).

Riovanes 1- The usual ID/Berserker spam. Circlet has helped my samurai's offense a ton. +3 PA alone is godlike, let alone the berserk part.

Wiegraf- Squire with equip gun and a dracula mantle/healing. It works, Wiegraf is smited horribly.

Velius- 2 resets. This is entirely about tweaking position.  My Samurai can get two turns before Velius moves (Ramza opens with Cheer up on her, then cheers up again before Velius goes). I get a lucky armor break, which means Velius dies before he gets a turn. Yay!

Rooftop- Smack Samurai awake-Cheer up-Samurai OHKOs Assassin. Easist fight in the game, most likely.

C4! I poach myself a fairy harp and some Masamunes. We'll see how this turns out.

Laggy, is there any real order to doing the aftergame stuff in LFT? I am going to run that as soon as this file is done.
-------------------

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 02, 2010, 05:33:54 AM »
Colliery fights -> Nevelska (if not trying to MFI) -> DD -> Nevelska (if trying to MFI) -> Bervenia Volcano superfight

Richard superfight goes somewhere in there. Whenever.