Register

Author Topic: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!  (Read 129407 times)

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
Re: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2010, 08:31:24 PM »
He's trying to be cute and be ULTRA SPECIFIC cause I asked to not do "x.75" and such cause that was really annoying me in the other topic (he was the only one doing that; people doing x.5s was rare initially, OK decided to abuse the fuck out of it and then go as far as x.25 and x.75).  Generally, he's not doing a good job of it if you ask me, cause I don't believe for a second he actually thinks they're necessary and is trying to be different, etc.  Gourry a while back did a better job rating things out of 255 just to annoy someone, if you ask me <_< 

I didn't want to jump to the conclusion that OK was being pedantic and that motherfucker really loves statistics.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2010, 12:56:39 AM »
Fire Emblem Lords, Dancers and Other Unique Classes:
Roy: 4/10 - Been said so many times.
Merlinus(6): Abs
Elphin: 6/10 - Meh bard.
Lalum: 6/10 - Meh bard.
Fa: 3/10 - Lol weapon uses. Needs to one-shot more Mamkutes, but can at least soften them up for easy kills?

Lyn: 7/10 - Faaast but damage what? Needs a Swordmaster crit bonus hard.
*Nils: 7/10 - Slightly better bard.
Eliwood: 6/10 - Hinges on his speed being enough to double most enemies.
Hector: 8/10 - TANK. Wishes he was a little fast, but wrecks the early game and is your best axe user into the end.
Merlinus(7): 4/10 - Items lol.
Athos: 8/10 - Only 8 because he's only on one level. Says a lot about how badly he ruins it.

Eirika: 8/10 - Lyn with a bit more str and much better weapons.
Ephraim: 9/10 - FE8 just fucking dies.
Tethys: 6/10 - Dancer, whatever.
Myrrh: 7/10 - Weapon charges! Weaknesses! Levels up fast!

Ike(9): 8/10 - Kinda meh at a few points early on, but extremely solid once he promotes and gets a point for being godly once he gets Ragnell.
Mist(9): 6/10 - Mobile healer, loses points for under-leveled.
Reyson(9): 8/10 - Better than prior bards.
Elincia(9): 4/10 - Another mobile healer, also under-leveled and ALSO also not there as much.

Micaiah: 7/10 - Nukes anything mounted or armored, heals. Speed holds her back a bit.
Rafiel: 5/10 - Eh. Gets squished too much.
Black Knight: Abs
Elincia(10): 9.5/10 - Despite not being as wholly dominant as Ephraim, FE10 makes a highly mobile healer/slayer of dozens feel incredibly valuable.
Leanne: 4/10 - Rafiel only more.
Ike(10): 9/10 - Completely flattens everything aside from the odd mage pre-endgame, and a damn solid damage dealer there.
Mist(10): 5/10 - FE9 + mounted issues in FE10.
Reyson(10): 9/10 - Everything moves everywhere forever.
Sanaki: 6/10 - Some nice backup firepower, but too frail and slow to really shine. Cymbeline is godly though.
Lehran: Abs
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:21:40 PM by Ultradude »
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2010, 06:37:20 AM »
Missed SO2, but commented on that last time round.  Short version: I agree with OK, all you mage-mockers just be hatin'.  The consistent disruption effect I found invaluable even later. Never seriously considered canning Leon on my Claude playthrough or Celine on my Rena playthrough.

Chrono Trigger:
Crono: 8/10 - Crono is fast and damaging and becomes the best mage in the game if you feed him magic tabs.  Life in a pinch, one of the best basic physicals for random-slaying.  Definitely felt a step-above - annoyingly so, even, I'd rather have used Magus in some situations but Crono was just better.
Marle: 7/10 - Frail and slow but has the best healing around, which means she always felt kind of obligatory.  Tends to eat all my speed tabs.
Lucca: 3/10 - Feels like the LVP, but far from useless.  Just...  horrendously slow, Protect is situational, and Marle tends to already be eating all my Speed Tabs.  Does get some cool unique equips in the Taban stuff, at least.  If for some reason I wasn't using Marle in some playthrough she'd probably be considerably better due to being able to snack on Speed Tabs herself.
Frog: 5/10 - Damage is meh, Magic is meh.  Would be a 3/10 on his own merits, but Double Cure with Marle is hands down the best double tech in the game and is the key to beating Lavos without too much leveling.
Robo: 4/10 - Also sloooooooow, and his offense never felt as good as Lucca's.  His advantage is big HP, but his awful MDef undermines this.  And his HP his the 999 cap anyway too soon.  Would be a 3/10 but will give a point for Crisis Arm twinking nonsense + the Ribbon being a pretty notable upgrade in the endgame.
Ayla: 8/10 - The other person who breaks Chrono Trigger with Crono.  Fast, brutally damaging, can make some MT with double-techs.  Her "weakness," lack of magic damage, is not a big deal - uh don't use her against Spekkio, whatever.
Magus: 6/10 - Really neat character and useful, just it feels like he competes with Crono who is also awesome and strangely similar.

Lyn: 7/10 - Have to be careful with her, since RNG hate kills her, but awesome.
*Nils: 7/10 - Useful, but frailty means he can't be used TOO aggressively.  Hate the times when Nils bards, and the person he bards then misses the enemy I was worried about, who can then proceed to wreck havoc.
Eliwood: 5/10.  Meh.
Hector: 9/10 : Awesome.  Everything I want in an axe user.
Merlinus(7): DNR.
Athos: 9/10: Sure, just there for one map, but awesome on it.

Eirika: 8/10 - Lyn+.  Still has the "uh I have a 10% chance of losing her if I use her over-aggressively and get unlucky on the dodges" problem.
Ephraim: 9.5/10 - Amazing.  I won't question Djinn's assessment but assume that he got really, really, really unlucky with Ephraim; he rules the world.
Tethys: 6/10 - Yup.  Gave her the boots.
Myrrh: 4/10 - Eh.  I could feed her or I could feed units that don't have 50 shots max all game.

Ike(9): 8/10 - Great.
Mist(9): 6/10 - Also great, actually has some DEF unlike Rhys.  Still a bit too frail in an FE game to go much higher.
Reyson(9): 7/10 - DIES HORRIBLY to enemy archers but the brutal 4x bard when transformed is admittedly awesome.
Elincia(9): 5/10 - Flying healer works.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2010, 07:51:15 AM »
Chrono Trigger:
Crono:  6/10 Fast when it matters, faster when it doesn't really (start of the game) but still nice.  Your damage early game, probably your first true MT damage which makes him a prime candidate for Silver Stud which lets you just plow through dungeons blindly.
Marle: 4/10 Healing where you have her, she does her job, but her job is not really that important.  I would rather have MT healing since this is CT and things that makes mashing X to win easier is nice.
Lucca: π I get the damage hype, but her versatility isn't that useful in game really, Crono covers your magic choices quite well.  Just a bit to interchangable for my tastes though I totally see where the high scores are coming from, but end game for me it is mostly about Speed more than raw damage, enemies die regardless of how big the numbers are .  Noteworthy for being one of the few people with useful status.  Not Hypnowave, but the gun she gets in Robo's first dungeon, can't remember the status, but it effects robots which is the only enemies there, really quite good actually.  (this is a 3 Meeple)
Frog: 2e/10 I use him all the time.  Mostly for the cheap MT healing.  Also has status removal woooo. (This is yeah lets cheat and round down and say it is a 5 Meeple)
Robo: 6/10  He really has a complete moveset and kicks arse for some really amazing portions of the game.  That said, I don't use Robo ever.
Ayla: 6/10 Mostly don't use Robo because I use Ayla.  Stealing is good to have, she punches stuff really well.  Ayla crits are fantastic for trash killing and she has a nice crit rating.
Magus: 4/10 Has MT.  Has MT of whatever element you want.  Half the time the element doesn't matter so you cast Lightning 2.  Lightning 2 is the first spell he learns.  It takes a bit overly long for him to learn a new good spell really.  Kills things.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2010, 09:24:17 AM »
Mist(9): 6/10 - Also great, actually has some DEF unlike Rhys.  Still a bit too frail in an FE game to go much higher.

Her defense is just as bad as a mage.

Ike(9): 8/10
Mist(9): 3/10. Theoretical later use. Starts at a horribly low level with laughably bad stats. I suppose I could have pumped BExp into her, but I saved BExp for capping off extra levels mostly and using it on Mist would have felt like a waste. The 3 points are solidly only for later theoretical use.
Reyson(9): 8/10
Elincia(9): 3/10. Unlike Mist, I was okay using BExp on her. Granted, Amiti+felt less likely to explode at near everything. But uh...late joining underlevelled type. Even if FE 9 is still semi setup to help her and her combo works quite well in game, that's a lot to overcome.

Only game here I have enough recollection of
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2010, 03:03:52 PM »
Jill support gives Mist +3 Def/Res (along with +2 from Titania or +1 from Boyd) which propels her well above the other mages for durability post promotion (which is when I start caring about her durability more). She also doesn't have to be worried about being doubled unlike Rhys.

Snowfire: Reyson only dies horribly to archers while he's transformed, and given that he can refresh four people in this state, there really shouldn't be any archers in range of him left alive thereafter. Also on a bard note, I found it odd that you'd penalise a bard for those situations when you refresh a PC and they then proceed to whiff an enemy, instead of penalising the PC who missed (one of the reasons Hector being within 0.5 of Ephraim doesn't sit well with me, though the more pressing reason is AS).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2010, 06:24:22 PM »
Chrono Trigger:
Crono: 6.5 - Generally useful, good double tech options and speed, and a few dungeons where he's necessary.  Still holds his own when not forced too.
Marle:  7 - Held back because of fraility, but Revive 2, being able to DT for cheap MT fullhealing and Haste, just Haste.
Lucca:  5 - Sure she's good at endgame, and has the best pre-Spekkio magic.  But way too slow and trails too much in the middle.
Frog:  3.5 - As much as I love the guy, he's a scrubby healer, and his damage blows.  Gets points for first dungeon/Magus' castle, and that's it.
Robo:  6.5 - Generally sub-Crono for most of the game, but makes up for this with a very strong Fated Hour.
Ayla:  8 - Strong out of the box, and stays that way.  Just shows up late.  Bonus points for Blackbird awesomeness.
Magus:  6 - His niche is really MT spam, even Dark Matter isn't quite enough to set him apart, especially at those costs and showing up after a lot of his specialties would have been really nice.

Haven't beaten 6, but why are Elphin and Lalum separate?  Essentially same char but pathsplit something fierce.

Lyn:  7.5 - Probably the best Lord in the game, just has nice options on promo, and her speed keeps her effectively invincible.  Hates Wgt of Sol Katti.
*Nils:  7 - Nice variety with the bracelets, and good evasiveness eventually.
Eliwood: 6 - I've generally had him turn out alright.  But very dependent on growths which holds him back.
Hector: 7 - Good Def and Str, but the Spd tends to matter a fair bit more.  Also, Bows work better as a secondary than a second melee weapon.
Merlinus(7): DNR - He's not really a choice.
Athos: 6.5 - Mostly just there to back you up if you need another strong character, and to make the final battle RNG proof.

Eirika:  8 - As much as I hate to say it, Lyn +
Ephraim:  10 - Less broken than a Laguz Royal.  Maybe.  Oh who the fuck am I kidding, this is who Cainegis wants to be when he grows up.
Tethys: 6.5 - FE Dancer, now with less options, yay!
Myrrh: 1 - A liability that might be trained up into a non-liability.  Until her weapon breaks, at which point she becomes a 0.

Ike(9): 9 - Good growths, always there, and the Regal Sword is good for most of the game.  Aether also being the one noteworthy Mastery in the game also helps.
Mist(9):  6 - I give her credit for the Sonic Sword, so eminently usable, and a healer with Canto is worth having around.
Reyson(9): 9 - FE Dancer, now hitting four people at once?!
Elincia(9): 3 - Fast supports, but late and a liability when she does show up.  Mostly gets play because she joins on the huge ass battle and has a sweet weapon.

Micaiah: 5 - Way too frail and slow for what she is, but Thani rocks worlds.
Rafiel: 8 - Hitting four targets at once is nice, lack of mobility is less nice.
Black Knight: DNR
Elincia(10): 9 - Evasive, mobile, Canto, and powered up Amiti.  What's not to love?  Oh, and maps practically designed around her.
Leanne: 8 - Neat trick, but hitting only two at a time leaves her balanced with Rafiel.
Ike(10): 9 - More Ragnell, but also nerfed Aether and better units around him.  Still manages to hold his own, and being somewhat RNG proof only helps him more.
Mist(10): 3.5 - Losing the Sonic Sword hurts.  Being on the mage side of the coin also hurts, and improved Elincia just ends all comparison.  The SS makes up for nothing considering how much competition there is for Alondite.
Reyson(10): 9.5 - Still frail, but now makes up for it with sustained 4 person Galdring and Canto.
Sanaki: 3 - Has an issue with joining late.  At least forced in the final, but misses the best mage map in the game.  Also, no use for Rexflame.
Lehran: 2 - Good stats, but such horribly limited use it isn't funny.  I'd also mention that he relegates someone to uselessness in the final fight, except whoever you'd have passing off to him would probably just be a staff user anyways, so it matters not.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2010, 02:10:33 AM »
Chrono Trigger:
Crono: 7/10. Due to being forced, he's typically ahead of the team on skills, and he's got good speed when the first bunch of characters you get (sans short section with Frog) are the slowest 3.  Good all around, and Life is your best source of Ressurection for most of the game
Marle: 5/10.  Honestly not that special as a healer; Robo and Frog get MT, and dual techs that are just as good, etc.  Life 2 is REALLY late, so hype for that vaguely boggles me, and Haste is only really worthwhile on bosses, and even then I got mild milleage out of it.  She has good dual techs at least.
Lucca: 6/10.  A bit lack luster early on, though a good early dual tech with Crono helps her through there, and once she gets Fire, she's always a good cannon.  Her unique equips help her deal with some of her flaws a bit.
Frog: 4/10.  Speed aside, there's never a reason to use him over Robo.  Heal < Heal Beam, and his damage caps at Leap Slash.  Some decent Dual Techs, but they're just not that special beyond how early and powerful Triple Raid is relative to the time.
Robo: 8/10.  Bad speed is about his only flaw; low magic defense is really a minor weakness for most of the game cause the difference isn't big enough, due to the way the system works, until late, when he gets stuff like Moon Armor to make up for it anyway.  Best Healer, excellent ST offense, good unites...yeah, MVP if you ask me.
Ayla: 7/10.  ST damage version of Lucca, who has unites that let her cover crowd control...and has much better speed.  Add in a Steal ability that's both accurate *AND* reliably gets you awesome stuff?   Yeah.
Magus: 5.5/10.  Would be higher if he was gotten earlier; having access to all 3 elements is nice, Dark Bomb is cost effective, but takes time to learn, and he's got actual speed.  Lack of unites, and joining late thus way behind on techs holds him back considerably though.

Roy: 4/10.  He's fine for the first half of the game, when people aren't promoted...but then they promote and he's useless and a genuine liability, and despite his awesome weapon, he's too underleveled to make genuine use of it (though he can get a lot of levels from the final dungeon if you use Hamerene, cause its ranged at least.) Nice supports save him some.
Merlinus(6): DNR.  Doesn't function like a normal unit.
Elphin: 7/10.  FE Dancer type, etc.
Lalum: 7/10.  See Elphin!  I think evasion style works better than Defense style as a Dancer, and I want to credit her for being on the superior path...but realistically, neither should see combat use, and you use them for exactly the same thing (if only Lalum could turn Douglas into a Green Unit -_-)
Fa: 3/10. If she's built up, and still has charges left, she's good in the very last chapter!  I got nothing...

Lyn: 8/10.  Reliable evasion tank who doubles everything and Mani Katti is pretty bad ass.  Never held back on a promotion either, which is nice.
*Nils: 9/10. Dancer-type with awesome evasion and sexy buffs, yes.
Eliwood: 5/10.  While not bad in and of himself, the fact that all Eliwood Modes hold back his promotion, and how he's at the mercy of the RNG really holds him back.  Rapier's alright, but nothing special.
Hector: 7/10.  Nice reliable tank, though a bit shakey on speed and accuracy.  Loses half a point cause Hector Mode holds his promotion back.
Merlinus(7): DNR.  Similar reasons as his previous form.
Athos: 7/10.  Athos is incredible in the one map you have him, but I can only give so much credit for one map.

Eirika: 7.5/10.  Felt worse than Lyn overall; while Rapier is better against hitting weaknesses, its worse than Mani Katti against regular foes.  Siegliende would get her credit if it weren't for that fact that most of the cast is wielding big awesome legendaries by then (let alone Bishops exist.)
Ephraim: 9/10.  I shouldn't have to explain this; he's a total bad ass on stats alone...and then he gets a stupid good weapon on top of that.
Tethys: 7.5/10.  Elphin/Lalum, gains half a point for being better at the "surviving" thing, IIRC.
Myrrh: 3/10.  Fa who can be more flexible in usage due to more charges, but lacks the "Last level ass kicking" aspect.

Ike(9): 7/10.  Eliwood+, for the most part.  Stronger stats, better legendary which he gets earlier (...barely...), but most importantly, he promotes earlier REGARDLESS of what route you choose for Eliwood, which is really quite a huge boon for Ike's use.  Add in the awesomeness of Earth affinity, that's enough for 2 extra points.
Mist(9): 7/10.  Bets healer in the game, Sonic Sword and Rune Sword are both excellent on her (though sort of require Arm Scrolls, if not two, to use), and not as big a liability as Rhys due to quick Jill support and doesn't get doubled by Myrms as regularly.
Reyson(9): 9/10.  Nils, replacing Buffs with "Occasional 4 panel restoration, regen to adjacent units if applicable, and potential Canto."  I think its an even trade.
Elincia(9): 4/10.  Flying Healer is really cool, but that's quite literally all she has going for her.

Micaiah: 6/10.  Destroys Mounted and Armored units, Sacrifice lets her heal front liners early, then she gets Staves so she's always a decent Healer at worst, and the instant A Support with Sothe.  Wishes she had better speed though.
Rafiel: 7.5/10.  Healing 4 panels = cool.  Being less mobile than the other Herons = bad.
Black Knight: DNR  (7/10.  MURDERS the maps he's on, but one map is specifically designed for him, another he appears at the tail end of, a 3rd you don't control him on, so that leaves one map...which is possibly hardest map in the game, though he does contend with Nailah.)
Elincia(10): 9/10.  FE9 Elincia if she did not require playing Catch Up, and had her offense increased by an absurd amount.  If nothing else, she's at least got a strong case for "Most Improved Character between games."
Leanne: 7.5/10.  More mobile than Rafiel, but only 2 PCs at a time.  Eh, evens out I guess.
Ike(10): 9/10.  Good at EVERYTHING but Res, where he fails, but his high HP, and loads of Bonds lets him work around that.  Earth affinity is still kick ass, Ragnell is gotten earlier so he can actually make use of it, and...yeah.  He was good in FE9, but he's pretty absurd here.
Mist(10): 5/10.  Passable healer for the Greil Mercs, and a better long term investment than Rhys.  Makes a good Fortify user if you want Micaiah on offense or something.  Otherwise, she's really nothing special here, especially due to Elincia's improvement and the lack of Magic Weapons for her.
Reyson(10): 9.5/10.  Its FE9 Reyson, only with Innate Canto *AND* he transforms much faster, and in the final chapters, is permanently transformed in practice at the cost of his first turn.  His Weak Human form is such a minor factor as a result. 
Sanaki: 4/10.  Good for taking out Wyverns in the Desert, and innate Flare is nice, but...that's about it.  She's frail, low speed, can't heal like other Mages.  To her credit, she takes up a pre-determined slot in the Endgame arc, so she doesn't compete with anyone at least.
Lehran: DNR (6/10.  You can give him blessed Balberith or Rex Aura and he'll be better offensively than Pelleas/Micaiah/the Saints, and he's a damn good staff user.  Unfortunately, he's a bitch to get, lasts for only one chapter, and all that still requires spending a turn trading him that, and making someone useless offensively on the final boss.)
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2010, 02:37:31 AM »
Pass on Chrono Trigger in general - it's been way too long since I played a non-NG+ file to actually give out any useful ranks.

Roy: 4/10 sounds about right.
Merlinus(6): 1/10, eats up a deployment slot and doesn't offer anything useful for it.
Elphin: 7/10. FE Dancer(/Bard). I recall FE6 dancers being not as good as even Tethys for various reasons, but that's still solid.
Lalum: 7/10, see above.
Fa: Pass; not sure what to think right now.

Lyn: 8/10.
*Nils: 9/10.
Eliwood: 6/10 (+1 in Hector Mode). Anima affinity + long list of supports is really nice, but his stats are only decent. Late promotion blows and holds him back.
Hector: 7.5/10 (-1 in Hector Mode). Half a point behind Lyn sounds about right. I'm assuming ENM for default here, though he gets docked in his own mode ironically enough.
Merlinus(7): Pass (DNR).
Athos: Pass.

Eirika: 8/10. Statistically better than Lyn, but never really felt significantly different on usefulness for me, at least on Normal. Game's difficulty taking a nosedive after she promotes probably factors in to this.
Ephraim: 9.5/10. Statistically amazing to the point where I've had a significantly RNG-screwed Eph in a major stat (Def) and I didn't even notice. He can pretty much romp through Hard Mode, let alone Normal.
Tethys: 8/10 sounds about right.
Myrrh: Mmm... kneejerking 5/10 here.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:40:41 AM by hinode »

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2010, 06:18:37 AM »
Roy: 6/10.
Merlinus (6): 1/10.
Elphin: 6/10.
Lalum: 6/10.
Fa: 4/10.

Lyn: 7/10.
Nils: 7/10.
Eliwood: 7/10.
Hector: 8/10.
Merlinus (7): 2/10.
Athos: 7/10.

Eirika: 8/10.
Ephraim: 8/10.
Tethys: 6/10.
Myrrh: 5/10.

Ike (9): 8/10.
Mist (9): 5/10.
Reyson (9): 7/10.
Elincia (9): 5/10.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2010, 04:51:39 AM »
SPOILER WARNING AGAIN ETC YOU KNOW THE DRILL.

...actually, from now on, anytime a game pops up that you haven't played, assume this to be the case <_<

Chrono Trigger:
Crono: 6.89
Marle: 5.55
Lucca: 4.59
Frog: 4.65
Robo: 6.29
Ayla: 7.28
Magus: 6.32

Roy: 4.33
Merlinus(6): 1.75
Elphin: 6.38
Lalum: 6.35
Fa: 6.35

Lyn: 7.66
*Nils: 7.65
Eliwood: 5.01
Hector: 7.71
Merlinus(7): N/A
Athos: 7.48

Eirika: 7.76
Ephraim: 9.01
Tethys: 6.68
Myrrh: 4.93

Ike(9): 8.28
Mist(9): 5.69
Reyson(9): 8.06
Elincia(9): 3.89

Micaiah: 6.27
Rafiel: 6.33
Black Knight: 7.79
Elincia(10): 8.85
Leanne: 6.29
Ike(10): 8.58
Mist(10): 4.88
Reyson(10): 9.11
Sanaki: 3.98
Lehran: N/A

Best Rating of this session: Reyson(10) w/ 9.11
Worst Rating of this session: Merlinus(6) w/ 1.75
Merlinus(7) and Lehran both have been booted as they have not met the proper thresholds, thus don't have ratings.  IF its not obvious, yes "N/A" on ratings basically means "Person failed at rating, thus is not rated"

Again, as a Reminder, and read this cause I saw at least one person fail to acknowledge this and it screwed up a few ratings:
DO NOT Delete individual ratings from entire sets.  If you can't vote on someone, or don't remember them and don't feel comfortable, please, just either leave the entry blank, or say "Abstain" or "????" or whatever.  Its very easy to miss things when people just delete entire entries.  Again, if you can't vote on an entire GAME (I break things up based on games, for situations like these big FE ones, so yeah, space = new game, generally), that's fine to delete that entire section.  But to delete a few specific characters from an entire game leads to confusion. DO NOT DO THIS.  Just leave the entry blank (or say something that implies you can't/aren't rating them...anything but "DNR" at least <_<), and I'll treat it the same way, but it makes for much easier time on my end.

ANYWAY, next up, cause MM10 came out a week ago, I think we might as well acknowledge it in some manner!  That, and MORE FE! THIS TIME WITH LOTS OF HORSES!!!

Mega Man X Command Mission:
X:
Zero:
Spider:
Massimo:
Marino:
Cinnamon:
Axl:

Fire Emblem Cavaliers and Paladins:
Marcus(6):
Allen:
Lance:
Zealot:
Treck:
Noah:
Percival:

Sain:
Kent:
Marcus(7):
Lowen:
Isadora:

Seth:
Franz:
Kyle:
Forde:
Orson:

Titania(9):
Oscar(9):
Kieran(9):
Makalov(9):
Geoffrey(9):

Fiona:
Geoffrey(10):
Kieran(10):
Makalov(10):
Titania(10):
Oscar(10):
Renning:

NOTE: I did NOT forget about Astrid, Amelia or Duessel; I purposely didn't place them here for the sake of making things more balanced in later sessions, cause there's so many freaking Paladins.  So yeah, don't worry, they'll get rated eventually, in an alternative place where they all fit reasonably well.
NOTE 2: If I forgot anyone else, please state promptly, so I can add them back in ASAP <_<

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2010, 05:26:45 AM »
Marcus(6): Jeigan MkVI.  2/10
Allen: Pretty damn solid.  6.5/10
Lance: See Alan.  6.5/10
Zealot: CAN TAKE A CRIT FROM SCOTT.  Owns Isadora.  1.5/10
Treck: Okayish tankcav, I guess.  4.5/10
Noah: Pretty cleanly the worst of the unpromoted FE6 cavs.  3.5/10
Percival: Decent prepromo replacement should you need one.  5.5/10

Sain: Didn't feel as useful as the FE6 cav duo but still pretty good.  6/10
Kent: Fair deal less useful than Sain.  Really should have had more speed.  4/10
Marcus(7): Jeigan MkVII. 2/10
Lowen: Tankcav.  He was okay.  5/10
Isadora: lolisadora.  1/10

Seth: Jeigan MkVIII, now with added usefulness!  4/10
Franz: Best cav out of the unpromoted trio.  6/10
Kyle: Tankcav.  Boring.  4.5/10
Forde: Franz does his job better.  3.5/10
Orson: Pretty pointless and arguably actively unhelpful.  0/10

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2010, 05:35:00 AM »
X: 7/10.  Solid.  It's a reasonably balanced cast, so he doesn't feel dominant, but definitely someone you'll use the most overall I think.
Zero: 6/10.  Hmmm.  More of a boss fighter.  Bounces out of the party a little much as well.
Spider: 5/10.  Useful enough while you have him.
Massimo: 4/10.  Not a fan of slow characters in these sorts of games, but hardly dead weight.
Marino: 6/10.  Quicksilver is FUN but impractical for a lot of things, and I suck at slot-style stuff.
Cinnamon: 4/10.  E-Tank makes a healer a bit redundant, and the total lack of offense sucks.  Still, accessory whorage, and having a backup healer/healer for randoms isn't a bad thing.
Axl: 5/10.  Didn't use him much myself, but looks good on paper so... average, sure.

Marcus(6): 2/10.  Maybe I savestate abused a bit much?  But never felt the need for a Jeigan in FE6.
Allen: 7/10.  Good solid unit.
Lance: 6/10.  Looks comperable to Allen on paper, in practice... well, FE6 enemies are slow and Swords broken, so speed and skill aren't stats you need to specialize in, while strength would be great.  Still far from bad.
Zealot: 2/10.
Treck: 3/10.  Looked pretty scrubbish.  Nevermind that Allen and Lance kinda dominate the market.
Noah: 3/10.  Hmmm.  Is "gets Fir" worth an extra point... nah.
Percival: 4/10.  He looked... serviceable if Lance/Allen died on you, if I remember his stats right.

Sain: 6/10.  Solid.
Kent: 7/10.  Maybe I just have strange luck, but my Kents have ALWAYS turned out better than my Sains.
Marcus(7): 4/10.  Stage... 14?  15?  Erk and Precilla really appreciates having someone to ride in and lure enemies.  Marcus does that well.
Lowen: 5/10.  He... does okay, but I feel like 25 Def isn't enough for someone trying to pull of concrete durability in an FE game, and the offense is merely okay.
Isadora: 2/10.  No.

Seth: 5/10.  I really like Seth and tend to support him with Eirika, but eh, probably suboptimal.
Franz: 7/10.  What the hell is Franz on?  It's like he's just good at everything.  THAT SAID, FE8 has more broken people, and the endgame is harsh on rider penalties, so merely good.
Kyle: 5/10.  Didn't impress.
Forde: 6/10.  Not bad.
Orson: DNR (4/10).  It's one stage.  That said, you've got four people on it, so just having him in reserve just in case is going to come up, probably.

Titania(9): 6/10.  Solid.
Oscar(9): 9/10.  Oscar + Ike == Game cries.  Love that Earth affinity.  LOVE IT I SAY.
Kieran(9): 6/10.   ... man.  I just realized, I have NEVER used Kieran, in either game.  What the hell.  *research*  Hm.  I dunno, that he's competing with Oscar statistically and Titania's "Axe Pally" slot... 6, I guess, despite some solid stats.
Makalov(9): 5/10.  Did not impress.
Geoffrey(9): 5/10.  He's... pretty late.  not feeling any love for him.

Fiona: 2/10.  No.  No.  No.
Geoffrey(10): 5/10.  He's... alright.  Anchors the CRK mostly.
Kieran(10): 4/10.  His starting speed.... or was it skill?  One of the two were lacking and I remember him struggling on the CRK charge missions.
Makalov(10): 3/10.  But not as much as Makalov.
Titania(10): 7/10.  Good.  She honestly feels like the best pally in FE10, axe plus level advantage plus good all around stats.  Trails in the lategame, but Endgame is psychotic.
Oscar(10): 5/10.  Man, what happened?  Filler frankly.
Renning: 2/10.  Y'know, if he joined ANY earlier he'd have some use.  But while he's got serviceable stats for most things, he has no business playing in Endgame.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:43:03 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2010, 06:41:42 AM »
MMXCM
X: 8/10. Possibly the best boss fighter; super-tank with #2 damage. Against randoms he is initially underwhelming but gets much better once you have Charge Shot at 100 WE.
Zero: 7.5/10. Best damage with no drawbacks. That earns a decent score.
Spider: 6/10. Bluff is neat, and his offence is overall decent. Having notable speed helps some.
Massimo: 3.5/10. Well, the HP is useful sometimes, as is the strong Action Trigger. But he's rarely an optimal choice.
Marino: 8/10. Quicksilver is awesome for the same reason Intrude is, it's infinitely versatile - item damage haxes some bosses, healing, or just raw bruising. Toss in high WE and some nice weapons and you have a PC who excels in most situations.
Cinnamon: 3/10. Extends your subtank healing, but by the time she can do it without being a total liability there's really only one sequence (Scarface/Epsilon) where this matters. Otherwise she is cool in the aftergame but I don't really give points for that.
Axl: 7/10. Underwhelming against bosses (although Bait can do wonders against their ST offence) but probably the best in randoms, together with X they can clear many things.

Marcus(6): 4/10. Good early. You people underrate this.
Allen: 9/10. Great. Arguable MVP.
Lance: 9/10. See above.
Zealot: 3/10. See Marcus, but less good overall.
Treck: 6/10. He's okay.
Noah: 3/10. Uh Fir support.
Percival: 8/10. What a lategame prepromo wants to be. Probably a 10 on Hard Mode.

Sain: 6/10. Look at me I have strength. And move. Overall offence and durability aren't great though.
Kent: 7/10. Anima and move are both cool.
Marcus(7): 6/10. Good early.
Lowen: 4/10. Offence lacks, durability isn't good enough to make up for it.
Isadora: 1/10. lulz

Seth: 8/10. Yeah, awesome Eirika support and just plain awesome for the first half of the game.
Franz: 8/10. Great offence, great move. Durability isn't up to the level of the top tier but still.
Kyle: 3/10. lulz, def in fe8
Forde: 5/10. Average.
Orson: 1/10. just lulz

Titania(9): 9.5/10. Don't want to give her the same score I gave Eph, but dang. See Seth, only never falls off. She's only above average at endgame! EDIT: Screw it, same score as Eph works for the FE9 MVPs, they have no flaws really.
Oscar(9): 9.5/10. Hey look it's Ike with an earlier promotion, a horse, and better weapons. broked
Kieran(9): 9/10. Oscar but without as haxy supports.
Makalov(9): 7/10. Solid enough despite being the worst of his class possibly.
Geoffrey(9): 7/10. See above. Paladins own this game.

Fiona: 1/10. lulz. I used her first playthrough and her potential is rather good, but still.
Geoffrey(10): 4/10. Decent for two maps but gah, he's kinda like Orson, any Exp he gets is a waste and when he comes back he sucks.
Kieran(10): 5/10. Geoffrey, not quite as good at first, but sticks around and is okay.
Makalov(10): 4/10. Meh.
Titania(10): 8.5/10. Still one of the best PCs. High move, awesome offence, and hax after her early promotion.
Oscar(10): 7/10. Nerfsticked but still a solid PC choice.
Renning: 2.5/10. Not -bad-, but no real reason to use.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:45:26 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2010, 11:55:55 AM »
Marcus(6): 2.5/10. Briefly good, but utter ass later on.
Allen: 7/10
Lance: 6/10
Zealot: 2/10
Treck: 5/10
Noah: 4/10
Percival: 6/10

Sain: 7/10
Kent: 7/10
Marcus(7): 4/10. Actually serviceable later on to some degree.
Lowen: 5/10
Isadora: 1/10

Seth: 7/10
Franz: 8/10
Kyle: 4/10
Forde: 5/10
Orson: DNR

Titania(9): 8/10
Oscar(9): 9/10
Kieran(9): 8/10
Makalov(9): 5/10
Geoffrey(9): 6/10

Fiona: 1/10
Geoffrey(10): 5.5/10
Kieran(10): 5/10
Makalov(10): 4/10
Titania(10): 8.5/10
Oscar(10): 6/10
Renning: 3/10
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2010, 01:11:36 PM »
Seth: 5/10. Pre-promote who's pretty useless endgame. Meh.
Franz: 7/10. Starts off being a bit frail, but not too bad overall. Good availability.
Kyle: 5/10.
Forde: 5/10. These two are about as useless as each other, in that they're usable, but better alternatives exist. (Hi Franz!)
Orson: DNR. Would be a 0/10 considering availability. >.>

Titania(9): 8/10. Jeigan, but decent at endgame.
Oscar(9): 9/10. Two runs of PoR, and he's been my kill-leader in one and 3rd in the other.
Kieran(9): 7/10. Pretty good, yeah.
Makalov(9): Pass, never used him.
Geoffrey(9): 6/10. Good, but too late.

Fiona: 2/10. At least she's early enough to be usable?
Geoffrey(10): 7/10. Average-ish, but useful when forced.
Kieran(10): 6/10. Average.
Makalov(10): Uhh, pass. Never used him.
Titania(10): 8/10. Decently good.
Oscar(10): 6/10. Kinda average.
Renning: 1/10. Too late to be worthwhile, especially when you have Laguz Royals.

Bobbin Cranbud

• Denizen
    • View Profile
    • The Writing of Joshua Cole
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2010, 04:00:47 AM »
Titania(9): 9/10 The best character of the best class in the game, carries the party for almost half of the game and never really falls off.  At the very, very end she may be caught by one of her fellows.
Oscar(9): 3.5/10 I guess he's normally really good?  Whatever; for me he's been completely useless in two playthroughs (a 2 at best) and tolerable for one (a 6 at best).  3.5 feels right for my experience of him.
Kieran(9): 7.5/10 Very useful every time I've played.  He's never as dominant as Titania (except, potentially, at the very, very end) but he's always worth including.
Makalov(9): 2.5/10  He's probably actually better than this?  But he's the weakest of his class and I've never wanted another so badly I'd actually use him.
Geoffrey(9): 5/10 Joins late but is useful once he does, but there's so much competition for the final slots I can't go higher.

Fiona: 1/10 The only character I've lost in a first playthrough of a FE game and just said, screw it, she was useless anyway.  When you suck even by Dawn Brigade standards... damn.
Geoffrey(10): 4/10 Great when he's first available and then... he's gone for so long everyone else passes him by.
Kieran(10): 4.5/10 Hit with a great big nerf bat from my previous experience of him, still usable, but out of the question for endgame.  Not as good as Geoffrey (I think?) but available more often.
Makalov(10): 2/10 Sucks worse than in FE9 because his class is no longer cruise control for cool on its own.
Titania(10): 8/10 Not really worse than her FE9 self, and by far the best mounted unit, she's only "held back" by never having a stretch where she completely dominates the game.
Oscar(10): 4.5/10 Functional in the Greil Mercenaries segments, but not somebody I'd consider for a party given the choice.
Renning: 2/10 Late joiner who is available only at endgame in a game that fills you up on incredibly powerful characters and required characters.  I actually used him once, more fool I, and he was non-terrible, but he was a wasted party slot.
Read my webnovel, Eye Opener, now available on RoyalRoad.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2010, 02:15:45 AM »
X: 9.5/10
Zero: 8/10
Spider: 7/10
Massimo: 3/10
Marino: 8.5/10
Cinnamon: 2/10
Axl: 4/10

Sain: 7/10. Not bad.
Kent: 7/10. Not bad.
Marcus(7): 4/10.
Lowen: 4/10.
Isadora: 1/10.

Seth: 7/10
Franz: 7/10
Kyle: 2/10 lulz
Forde: 4/10
Orson: 1/10

Oscar(9): 10/10 based on my playthroughs mwahaha~
Kieran(9): 8.5/10
Makalov(9): 2/10 what the fuck ever. -5 for ugly (really 7/10)
Geoffrey(9): 4/10

Fiona: 1/10
Geoffrey(10): 4.5/10. Really good in his maps, really bad later. I feel overall better than 9 Geoff because he does have those maps of awesome.
Kieran(10): 5.5/10
Makalov(10): 2/10 for realz
Titania(10): 10/10 what
Oscar(10): 6/10. WHY DID YOU NERF OSCAR!?! oh right cuz he needed it
Renning: Ummm... 2/10?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:40:17 PM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2010, 02:37:44 AM »
X: 8/10.  Excellent Boss Fighter, both for damage, tanking and "Wait, 5 turns of Hyper mode?!", and twinked Charge Shot is pretty much the best Random Slaying you'll get...besides Nova Strike...which is his move ANYWAY.
Zero: 6/10. Good ST damage and...not much else.  Has some issues hitting fliers unless he uses his AT, which is good use of it admittedly, and a little slower than I'd like, but still good at what he does.
Spider: 7/10. Solid overall, only flaw is a crappy AT.
Massimo: 4/10.  Worse Zero, though better durability and non-Hyper Mode AT are points in his favor, as is the Warm-Body usage early on.
Marino: 7/10.  Just good at getting damage up over the course of many turns.
Cinnamon: 3/10.  Never found her that good; Kitty Gloves is good for Melee damage, just Marino and Zero already are fine for covering your bases, as is Massimo for that matter, and she's kind of worthless offensively.  Helps you on Sub Tank conservation, but if you're set up well, you won't be using them much anyway.
Axl: 7/10. Basically a faster X with different applications in boss fights; overall worse, but still rather good.

Marcus(6): 3/10.  Jeigan.  Good trump card early on, and not much else.
Allen: 8/10. Potential MVP.
Lance: 8/10. Allen with different starting stats!
Zealot: 3/10. Gets a point for being a safety net vs. Scott, due to being able to survive a Killer Axe Crit, but otherwise, is Marcus who joins after you'd probably stop using him.
Treck: 5/10.  Tank Paladin, just not tanky enough to consider using over Allen and Lance.
Noah: 4/10.  Gets Fir and has the Fir support; otherwise, he's pretty crappy.
Percival: 7/10. What Prepromos in FE6 wish they were.  Good for filling in spaces in case one of your earlier units fell behind or got RNG screwed.  Also, O_o on hard Mode, but that doesn't count.

Sain: 5/10.  Alright, but nothing special.
Kent: 6/10.  Found him better than Sain overall, despite the Strength difference.
Marcus(7): 4/10.  Like his FE6 self, except he's useful for a longer period of time.
Lowen: 4/10. Treck in a game with better competition.
Isadora: 2/10. She's good for...uh...rescues, I guess?  Otherwise, she's Zealot-.  ZEALOT-.  Do I need to say anything more?

Seth: 6/10.  Marcus who can be at least adequate the entire game.
Franz: 6/10.  Never found him that special, but he's solid enough.
Kyle: 4/10. Meh.
Forde: 4/10. Meh MkII.
Orson: DNR.  Same problems as the Black Knight, honestly, only worse cause he's around for even LESS time.  That, and the chapter he's in, Eph does a fine enough job of destroying with...well, with some back up from Forde/Kyle.

Titania(9): 7/10.  A better Seth.  Titania will be averagish end game instead of below average, the nature of FE9 really allows you to use Jeigans better due to Bonus EXP and Mounted Units are just sick in FE9 due to canto.
Oscar(9): 9/10.  Ike on a Horse with a better weapon, and gets a second weapon upon promotion...also can promote earlier.  Yeah...
Kieran(9): 8/10. Oscar w/ a worse affinity.  Yes, Earth is worth that much.
Makalov(9): 5/10.  Swords are the worst of the 3 weapons in FE9 due to being the weakest of the 3 *AND* having no Ranged option outside of the Magic Swords.  Add this with how he joins later...
Geoffrey(9): 6/10.  A spiritual successor of Percival, he's a decent late game Prepromo, with Paragon on his high level just to mock you!  On one hand, Paladins in FE9 are by nature better than in FE6, on the otherhand, Geoffrey ahs much fiercer competition, which in the end, matters more.

Fiona: 2/10.  I actually tried to raise her one playthrough...gave up cause the effort just wasn't worth it.  The gimmick of coming with 2 free skills is nice, and being mounted in the Dawn Brigade is too, just being underleveled with stats that don't make up for it horrible, and to make matters worse, the other mounted unit in the DB, Jill, is like 15x times better.
Geoffrey(10): 4/10.  Rules face in Part 2, then decides to rejoin later on underleveled and his stats are low for his level.
Kieran(10): 4/10.  Low speed and doesn't really have anything to make for it with.
Makalov(10): 5/10.  I dunno, I found him the best of the Royal Knights, somehow...at least, of the Paladins anyway.
Titania(10): 8/10.  Ah, back to Paladins kicking ass again.  Titania's got the same advantage she does in FE9 being overleveled and everything...except now, she doesn't downgrade to "average", but remains rather strong the entire way through.  
Oscar(10): 7/10.  Significantly worse in this game, Oscar is merely a solid unit overall instead of freaking awesome.
Renning: 3/10.  While not horrible, he really is kind of pointless.  The "Fills in slots nicely" gimmick would be worth so much more if you didn't have Laguz Royals and Giffca who already have that use, and I somehow doubt you'll need more than 5 characters to fill in slots like that.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2010, 08:44:51 PM »
X: 8/10
Zero: 7.5/10
Spider: 7/10
Massimo: 3/10
Marino: 7/10
Cinnamon: 6/10
Axl: 2/10

Marcus(6):
Allen:
Lance:
Zealot:
Treck:
Noah:
Percival:

Sain: 5/10
Kent: 5/10
Marcus(7): 5/10
Lowen: 3/10
Isadora: 1/10

Seth: 5/10
Franz: 6/10
Kyle: 3/10
Forde: 3/10
Orson:

Oscar(9): 7.5/10
Kieran(9): 6/10
Makalov(9): 3/10
Geoffrey(9): 6/10

Fiona: 3/10
Geoffrey(10): 5/10
Kieran(10): 4/10
Makalov(10): cheap/10 (4/10)
Titania(10): 8/10
Oscar(10): 7/10
Renning: 3/10

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2010, 11:14:40 PM »

X: 8/10. Yeah, good at both things that matter once he gets rolling. Before he does get rolling, he's only good at one of them, but CM bosses are never trivial.
Zero: 6.5/10. Just passable against randoms and could use better speed. He's a brilliant boss slugger, though - even better than X. This is worth a solid rating.
Spider: 7/10. Great randombusting and fast. His AT needs some work, but it's neat enough.
Massimo: 4/10. Has... uses, I guess. He's just an inferior Zero, though, and the speed is just not there. Damage is, though, and I give him credit for saving my ass on the Rafflesian fight. Sometimes, you -do- need a third high-damage body.
Marino: 8.5/10. Quicksilver's the best Hyper Mode bar none in the game. You cover basically -everything- you want with it. For randoms, she has solid speed and her AT is also amazingly versatile at handling them. She just covers all offensive/utility bases very well.
Cinnamon: 3/10. Felt like twinking her healing up ended up still less efficient in terms of overall effect than intelligent sub-tank usage in the main game, and outside the infinite, but limited healing, she had nearly nothing else.
Axl: 7/10. Just about the best PC for randoms. For bosses... uh, he kinda lagged, although the uses were there (bait strategies aren't bad at all). Given how big randombusting is in CM, though... think he's worth a good rating.

Marcus(6): 4/10. Early game, he's a good meatshield and can cover offense in a pinch. Fails past that, but the early game is where you need this crutch the most.
Allen: 8.5/10. In FE6, the main paladins were amazing forces. Possibly MVP - good stats, weaponry, mobility and supports. What else do you need?
Lance: 8.5/10. Much like Allen. FE6's Red/Green yaoi knights were just wonderful.
Zealot: 3/10. Kinda like Marcus, but joins later and is worse at what Marcus does.
Treck: 6/10. Decent enough, although I didn't care for him.
Noah: 3/10. Had nothing but the Fir support. The stat spread is meh.
Percival: 8/10. What every prepromo wishes he could be.

Sain: 4/10. FE7 cavaliers didn't impress. Sain's strength is good, but the defensive stat spread doesn't speak to me.
Kent: 5/10. Lyn support is awesome. Past that, still the bias against FE7 pallies. Felt like Kent needed a bit more standout stats instead of having SKILL as his money stat.
Marcus(7): 4/10. Same as FE6
Lowen: 4/10. Poor man's Treck, really. Didn't impress.
Isadora: 2/10. Dear god she sucks.

Seth: 7/10. Still not that fond of Pallies in FE8, but Seth's good. Covers Marcus' role early and can actually stand up decently later. Eirika support is also wonderful - easy to raise and Anima+Light affinities = doughnuts.
Franz: 7/10. -This- is the stat spread I like in a Paladin.
Kyle: 3/10. zomg defense tank
Forde: 4/10. Eeeeeeeeh.
Orson: 2/10. Trash.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:09:14 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2010, 12:06:31 AM »
Marcus(6): 2/10
Allen: 8/10
Lance: 8/10
Treck: 6/10 Isnt that much worse than Allan and Lance.
Noah: 3/10
Percival: 8/10

Sain: 7/10
Kent: 7/10
Marcus(7): 4/10
Lowen: 5/10
Isadora: 4/10 I've used her before and she was able to hold her own until endgame.

Seth: 8/10
Kyle: 7/10
Forde: 7/10
Orson: Do Not Rank. Temp/aftergame Character

Oscar(9): 8/10
Kieran(9): 8/10
Makalov(9): 4/10
Geoffrey(9): 5/10

Fiona: 4/10 A few forgings and a few bonus levels and shes not that hard to raise. Pure Potential
Geoffrey(10): 7/10
Kieran(10): 6/10
Makalov(10): 3/10
Titania(10): 9/10
Oscar(10): 7/10
Renning: 1/10

Only commented on rankings that were far off of the norm.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2010, 12:59:42 AM »
Marcus(6): 4/10. Helpful during the earlygame, but falls off really fast. Still, sometimes you need a gap plugged or a particular enemy killed RIGHT NOW, and he's good at that for a bit.
Allen: 9/10. Badass. He's actually a bit below his normal in the playthrough I'm doing right now, and still holding his own just fine.
Lance: 9/10. I like Alan's stats better, but Lance has the better support type. Anima is <3. Support those two together and they destroy maps.
Zealot: 2/10. He's like Marcus minus. That's really not good.
Treck: 5/10. Passable. Suffers from the Alan/Lance comparison.
Noah: 4/10. Eh. He's not bad, but not really great either.
Percival: 8/10. Strong out of the box and iirc his growths are not bad at all. See Snow, really. He sets the standards for prepromos.

Sain: 7/10. Maybe it's just me, but I've never had Sain turn out badly. Hits like a train and usually has the speed to double. Can't argue with that.
Kent: 6/10. Feels like the weaker of the two to me. But he's by no means bad.
Marcus(7): 3/10. Same as in 6, but 7 feels like it needs him less.
Lowen: 3/10. Mobile wall, I suppose. Always seems to lack the speed or the strength to reliably kill much of anything.
Isadora: 2/10. Just trashy overall. Still a paladin so can't drop under 2 for me(3 weapon types+move is always worth something) but she really tries.

Seth: 7/10. Earlygame emergency unit and usable the whole game. Nice.
Franz: 7/10. Fairly reliably good at near everything. Can't argue with that at all.
Kyle: 5/10. Eh, not good, not bad. Kinda there.
Forde: 4/10. Always felt worse then Kyle overall. And alot worse then Franz.

Titania(9): 7/10. Same rating as Seth seems right. Stiffer competition though. Then again, in FE9 you may just want to use all the pallies you can, they're that good.
Oscar(9): 9/10. Just that awesome. Earth is the new Anima for supports, and he has the stats to back it up.
Kieran(9): 8/10. See Meeple.
Makalov(9): 4/10. Never gotten much use out of him in 9.
Geoffrey(9): 6/10. Again, see Meeple.

Fiona: 2/10. I hear she's good if you manage to build her. I'm not sure it's worth bothering with.
Geoffrey(10): 6/10. Badass in the very short Chapter 2, and you can steal another Paragon from him! Lame endgame, but eh. I feel endgame FE10 is less important then the first three chapters, due to HOW MANY OPTIONS you have.
Kieran(10): 4/10. He was kinda just there in 10. Sadly.
Makalov(10): 4/10. See Kieran. They were pretty interchangable this time around.
Titania(10): 9/10. Yeaaaaah, I found where all that awesome Kieran and Oscar lost this time wound up.
Oscar(10): 7/10. Still good, but not awesome anymore.
Renning: 3/10. Sure, whatever.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2010, 11:21:39 AM »
Marcus (6): 3/10
Allen: 8/10
Lance: 8/10
Treck: 7/10
Noah: 6/10
Percival: 7/10

Sain: 8/10
Kent: 8/10
Marcus (7): 4/10
Lowen: 7/10
Isadora: 3/10

Seth: 8/10
Kyle: 7/10
Forde: 8/10

Titania (9): 7/10
Oscar (9): 8/10
Kieran (9): 7/10
Makalov (9): 6/10
Geoffrey (9): 6/10

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2010, 12:34:32 AM »
Not really pertinent now, but it is the place it is most on topic.  I have been playing Chrono Trigger on the bus recently and it turns out that if you use Lucca consistently she will get Flare just a bit after Crono gets Confuse (Frenzy in the DS version).  That I found interesting.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.