Author Topic: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!  (Read 129499 times)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!
« Reply #900 on: October 20, 2013, 05:21:11 PM »
Edge: 5/10
Reimi: 7.5/10
Faize: 4/10
Lymle: 4/10
Bacchus: 8/10
Meracle: 3/10
Myuria: 7.5/10
Sarah: 6/10
Arumat: 6/10
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 23, 2013, 02:51:38 PM »
Is this post being done late as an excuse to remind you the update is on this Saturday?  Oh absolutely!

Though, before I rate, someone know the surnames for the SO4 cast?  Just like to have them for the final ratings.  yeah, I could look them up myself, but laziness...which is no excuse...but shh!

Earthbound:
Ness: 8/10.  Tanky Healer.  PSI Rocking is a good trump card if things are starting to go downhill, but shouldn't be used as anything other than that.
Paula: 6.5/10.  The DL makes her look awful, bu in-game she's perfectly adequate.  PSI Fire hits a surprising number of weaknesses and enemies usually come in line formations, PSI Freeze is cheap effective ST damage that can freeze, and PSI Shield insures she is useful in the final dungeon where Starstorm is spammed.  Why not higher?  Well, HP is still a liability, her speed is a little lower than I'd like, and there are cases where she's offensively anemic due to enemy resists.
Jeff: 5/10.  Kind of meh before the Heavy Bazooka on randoms, though he's great on Bosses once Big Bottle Rockets show up, but bosses only account for a handful of fights in the game.
Poo: 4/10.  Yeah, it's been said; he seems a lot better on paper than he really is.  Joins late and underleveled, always behind on PSI Offensive magic until he gets Starstorm, which is kind of expensive to spam, healing is worse than Ness', etc.  He was clearly meant to be the game's Red Mage of sorts, but he didn't work out.

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope:
Edge: 5/10.  Felt utterly average, back up heal bot too.
Reimi:  7/10.  Good safe damage.
Faize: 3.5/10.  He's fine at first, but his weaknesses really stood out to me on Roak, which is a long stretch of the game.
Lymle: 4.5/10.  She's ok, but...just ok...
Bacchus: 8/10.  Explosions.
Meracle: 4/10.  Edge-lite.
Myuria: 6/10.  That's more like it for mages!
Sarah: 5/10.  That's less like it!
Arumat: 7/10.  Edge++
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 23, 2013, 03:04:28 PM »
Edge Maverick
Reimi Saionji
Faize Sheifa Beleth
Lymle Lemuri Phi
Bacchus D-79
Meracle Chamlotte
Myuria Tionysus
Sarah Jerand
Arumat P. Thanatos

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #903 on: October 24, 2013, 04:23:49 AM »
I wonder what the P. stands for?

Also... really? His surname is "Thanatos"?

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 24, 2013, 04:28:16 AM »
Really. It is a thing.

(Also post ratings, Djinn!)

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #905 on: October 24, 2013, 05:27:18 AM »
I could have -sworn- I'd posted these already... oh well, quickpostoflazy

Ness - 8
Paula - 7
Jeff - 6
Poo - 4

Edge - 5.5
Reimi - 7.5
Faize - 5
Lymle - 4.5
Bacchus - 8.5
Meracle - 5
Myuria - 7.5
Serah - 7
Arumat - 6

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 24, 2013, 12:03:53 PM »
:(

*Edits DJ Djinn's post back* ~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 27, 2013, 12:41:44 AM »
Earthbound:

AVG   STDEVA
Ness   8   0.63
Paula   6.25   0.69
Jeff   5.83   0.68
Poo   4.17   0.68

Full Cast Standard Deviation: 1.57

Star Ocean 4:
   AVG   STDEVA
Edge Maverick:   5.58   1.2
Reimi Saionji:   7.25   0.52
Faize Sheifa Beleth:   4.5   0.77
Lymle Lemuri Phi:   4.5   0.55

Bacchus D-79:   8.25   0.42
Meracle Chamlotte:   5.08   2.01
Myuria Tionysus:   7.25   0.88
Sarah Jerand:   6.42   1.02
Arumat P. Thanatos:   6.92   0.92

Full Cast Standard Deviation: 1.34

Highest Rating of this Session: Bacchus with 8.25
Lowest Rating of this Session: Poo w/ 4.17

So I was looking at the list and made a drastic discovery:
WE HAVEN'T DONE ANY TALES GAMES BESIDES TALES OF THE ABYSS!

...so let's fix that to some extent...BY RATING SHADOW HEARTS 3!!!

Shadow Hearts: From the New World:
Johnny:
Shania:
Natan:
Frank:
Mao:
Hilda:
Ricardo:

Tales of Phantasia:
Cress:
Chester:
Mint:
Claus:
Arche:
Suzu:

Tales of Graces F:
Asbel:
Sophie:
Cheria:
Hubert:
Malik:
Pascal:
Richard:

...what? I didn't say we weren't going to rate any Tales this session!

On a less silly note, I have not played Tales of Graces, and thus grabbed these names from an FAQ, so if there is any mistake here, be it a legitimate omission (like a notable Temp or something) or a character that shouldn't be on the list, please tell me and I'll correct it.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 27, 2013, 01:00:36 AM »
Johnny: 5. Feels worth using but not by enough to matter.
Shania: 8. Generally excels at stuff. Buffing, damage, healing... Never got her broken endgame stuff.
Natan: 6. Don't really care about him. Edit: Apparently that was a mistake?
Frank: 3. Again don't care. Frank sucks.
Mao: 6.5. Used Mao. DIdn't care toooo much. But apparently I should have!
Hilda: 8. Good cannon.  Gets NICE healing skills. Late. But man did that save my butt.
Ricardo: 5/10. Passable buff.

Tales of Phantasia:
Cress: 8/10. Cress is the all-important front lineman.
Chester: 2/10. Just there. Never used him much.
Mint: 6/10. Keeps you alive but... not generally good enough at it to justify a high score? Has to be supplemented by items a *lot* in fights that matter.
Claus: 6/10. Maxwell is awesome, but takes some time to get...
Arche: 7/10. Casts the spells that makes the foes fall down. Basically the perfect example of a damage mage.
Suzu: Never got her as a PC.

Tales of Graces F:
Asbel: 6/10. He does damage nicely and can lock down multiple foes (INFERNAL TORRENT!)
Sophie: 7/10. Does healing and fighting front line very competently. Nice package. Loses a point for availability at some points.
Cheria: 7/10. Does healing a little better than Sophie, does everything else worse. Well her magic damage spam isn't toooooo bad, and tends to hit weakness on like everything come endgame.
Hubert: 4/10. Too frail as a fighter of his type for my liking.
Malik: 5/10. Competent ranged damage mage.
Pascal: 3/10. I never 'got' her to work for me very well. And the CPU isn't badass enough with her.
Richard: 3/10. Didn't see much point to him as a PC. Mostly thinking the F version. ToGo Richard is probably a 4/10 by himself.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:42:07 AM by Pyro »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 27, 2013, 01:21:02 AM »
Stellars > you in SH3.  Unless you're a Harmonixer.

Johnny: 6/10, passable fighter-mage who gets mostly irrelevant SP-draining fighter stuff late.  +1 for camera.
Shania: 9/10, doesn't feel as raw broken as Yuri, but that's a quibbly point (low 9 rather than a high 9).
Natan: 3/10.  Fighter in a game not friendly to fighters.
Frank: 3/10.  Fighter in a game not friendly to fighters.
Mao: 5/10.  Fighter-mage when you could use a full-time mage instead.  EDIT: I didn't use her much but see Elf, apparently her magic stat is better than I thought, so sure, +1.
Hilda: 7/10.  Mage!
Ricardo: 5/10.  Mage with some occasionally useful buffs and a battle guitar.  EDIT: According to Elf his magic stat is worse than I thought, so sure, -1.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:37:07 AM by SnowFire »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 27, 2013, 01:22:58 AM »
Mao has the same magic stat as Slim Hilda (and substantially better than Ricardo) so if the latter is a mage, so is the former. <_<

edit: int stats

Shania: 65-75 depending on fusion
Mao: 64
Slim Hilda: 64
Natan: 59
Ricardo: 56
Johnny: 53 (goes to 65 as Awaker)
Curvy Hilda: 52
Frank: 49

So yeah Ricardo being a "mage" while Natan is a "fighter" is also a bit silly (though I guess Natan does have more Str too! ps Natan > Ricardo).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:26:30 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 27, 2013, 01:26:35 AM »
Johnny: Well he's fast!  And has Snap!  He's also kind of not good at offense until getting Awaker, but his stuff probably gets him up to an average score.  5/10
Shania: Does that harmonixer thing.  Oh right she also picks up Arc buffs way the hell earlier than anyone else that's cool.  9/10
Natan: Meh.  Combo whoring isn't as good and lack of standing out in important areas doesn't fill me with the carings, he can be a worse Karin or something, go him.  5/10
Frank: Even more meh, dat INT.  3/10
Mao: Ties with Slim Hilda for cast-best magic stat, which is worth something at least (okay fused PCs beat them out but they cheat).  Specials are kind of eh though.  6.5/10
Hilda: Yep.  8/10
Ricardo: Gets that strike booster eventually, only +20% instead of +50% but it lasting three turns and SH3 being the more difficult game leads me to respect it a bit more than I do Lucia's.  Too bad about the Johnny-level offense though.  4.5/10

Tales of Phantasia:
Cress: 8/10
Chester: 1/10
Mint: 6.5/10
Claus: 6/10
Arche: 6.5/10
Suzu: Abstain
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:53:43 AM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 27, 2013, 01:38:15 AM »
Johnny: 5/10. He's okay. Fast at least, Awaker is a really nice endgame push (the SP cost is intimidating but between Flare Brooch and Blood Jewel I have a hard time caring). Until then the offence is kinda bad but whatever, speed gets him to 4 probably.
Shania: 9/10. Getting Arc buffs mid North America is nuts. Otherwise just has the highest damage, SP, and good durability, etc. Tirawa and Dream Porter both all sorts of dumb if you get them.
Natan: 6/10. Kinda the game's Karin, good overall stats and adds lots of hits.
Frank: 3/10. Yeah he's pretty clearly the worst, Int is too important.
Mao: 6.5/10. Int the god stat. Skills are kinda scrubby but I don't really care.
Hilda: 7.5/10. Mmm, she's kinda overrated I think? That healing skill is really late (and Curvy Hilda has sub-Frank stats) and otherwise she's basically Mao with more SP/less HP, though sure Thorn Whip > Cat Touch. Thaat said, Mao who gets a boost late is still good enough for #2 PC in the game.
Ricardo: 4/10. Like Lucia's non-strike booster skills, found his skills underwhelming (and his strike booster isn't as good / exists in a game where Lady dispels it, though it's still worth noting certainly), and those stats, they are bad.

Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 27, 2013, 02:16:46 AM »
Tales of Graces F:
Asbel: 7/10. Best fighter in the game for control to me.
Sophie: 7/10. Competent healer and fighter.
Cheria: 6.5/10. Excellent healer, bad fighter.
Hubert: 5/10. Hits!
Malik: 4/10. Those charge times suck. Oh well.
Pascal: 3/10-
Richard: 4/10.  Sure that works. He's tons of fun to control, but not especially good.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 28, 2013, 01:35:45 AM »
Shadow Hearts: From the New World

Johnny: 5.5/10. .
Shania: 8.5/10.
Natan: 5/10..
Frank: 4/10.
Mao: 7/10. .
Hilda: 8/10.
Ricardo: 5/10.

Tales of Graces F:

Taking into account extra arc, post game, Accel mode, etc into account some. I played on Chaos.

Asbel: 6/10 - Asbel is decent, yeah. Easy to pick up/learn/use. Is great with B Artes, for combos and for weakness coverage, probably covering weakness better than anyone else except maybe Malik. He has the third best base Accuracy stat in the game and off that at least two great A Artes for stunlocking. His defences are also solid and he has Iron Stance, also HP recovery with his sword sheathe/unsheathe mechanic. Thus makes for a solid enough tank at least on the lower difficulty modes. His Mystic Artes are good for combos and the latter ones hit Nova weakness as well. Asbel isn't really much of a team player though outside the limited tanking. His healing is self only, he has no status curing, team healing, or buffs. His Accel mode kind of drags him down since it isn't anything special compared to what Cheria, Pascal, Hubert and Richard get, most would probably agree he has the second least effective Accel, it's probably at least better than Malik's.
Sophie: 8/10 -
Cheria: 8/10 - Accuracy god stat in Graces, Evade god stat in Graces
Hubert: 7/10 - Best base Accuracy stat in the game. Best Physical Attack stat in the game. Brings the combos and the pain like no tomorrow. His A Artes off that Accuracy enables him to completely lock targets down, one of the best stunlockers in the game and he hits hard while doing it. Flare Shot/Trolling Wonderbolt/Scarlet Salvo/etc all also OP, these B Artes of his are also great for crowd/area of effect control/and group stunlocking because off dat ACC they are doing lots of crits and everything. He also has one of the better Accels, possibly third best after Cheria/Pascal, and he has at least two really great Mystic Artes in Broadside Waltz and Expiation for combos/power, his Accel protects him with the arrows acting as a shield while the arrows raining down do a lot of hits and again off that ACC really pumping up that combo meter and bringing pain with it. Has Vital Flair for self healing but he even brings a targetable healing ability in Healing Wind and same goes for status recovery in Antidote, ok he's not Cheria/Sophie with it but it's useful in a pinch/as back up support.
Malik: 5/10 - Basically more or less the dedicated true/pure mage of the game, long range nuker type of thing. Hits things hard with the magic, some solid crowd control options, great at all types off weakness coverage and off that status effects. Best HP in the game! Negated some by other defences. Not really a team player otherwise though. No healing, team/ally buffing, status recovery, etc to speak off. Accel is probably the worst overall too. Can't even instant cast off it first straight away, has to wait for the kicking to finish =/ Oh yeah has a harder time with Nova barriers than others, which is a thing for a while, has an easier time with it later (Culling Flare, Nova barrier breaking title)  but there are still others better at it. Mystic Artes are named awesmely/are great aesthetically but don't really do anything.
Pascal: 6.5/10 -
Richard: 5.5/10 - The light of the heavens! The light of the heavens! The light of the heavens! Shooting Stars! Shooting Stars! Shooting Stars! Spam, spam. Yeah, Richard's reduce casting time is great. Especially with an A Artes string, and other casting time reduction factors like titles, rattling off a bunch of Shooting Stars at the end. Depending on CC of course. Set up properly he can dominate/sweep/lock down the field with this . Competent mage knight but not really outstanding outside of Accel mode. Aside from Vengeant Fangs spam in general I suppose. Has at least one good A Arte combo towards contributing to stunlocking along with his spells. Again though not really much of a team player. Does get self healing but that's really not that great, and some status curing from being Hubert's friend I suppose. Marginally better than Malik in that regards. As far as Mystic Artes go Majestic Gate is awesome, but the rest are kind of meh/not great. I kind of like Vertix Rose though.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:42:54 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: October 30, 2013, 03:21:28 AM »
catchup time~

Suikoden 3 ver. all of the pcs because I'm silly:
Hugo: don't hug me mom/10 (needs time to come into his own, but is an excellent vehicle for physical thwacking when he does, and hey he can ride things before that happens.  7.5/10)
Chris: lesbian magnet/10 (tank all the things, delivers acceptable physical thwacking, TWR not really carring much about her shit magic stat is also nice when you have it.  8/10)
Geddoe: captains a comedy troupe/10 (not quiiiiite sold on him being the weakest of the main when the true runes aren't an option, though Hugo's probably better during that C5 stretch, and you get to play with TLR more than the others, and it is a silly silly little thing.  8.5/10)
Sasarai: lost his hat/10 (I love how the True Earth Rune's offensive spells are utterly useless for the five seconds you have it, oh well, tons of spell charges and a free Flowing rune means he can play support in the final while everyone else does the actual killing.  5/10.
Luc-3: still a douche/10
Yuber: fuck off/10

Thomas: is fated to wear the frilly dress/10 (that level of investment for someone with 03 str no thanks.  2.5/10)
Cecille: chris fangirl/10 (Thomas unite!  Tank but not very good at it even when caught up, and high investment to boot.  4/10)
Juan: zzzzz/10 (Waking rune circumvention is trivial, still somewhat high investment but that is some high-end physical smash.  7/10)
Piccolo: hohoho/10 (starting E in lightning with A+ maximum OH FUCKING BOY, also has a locked and shitty physical rune, go away.  2.5/10)

Borus: angryface/10 (Tank that is good at delivering physical pain.  6/10)
Percival: hair gel/10 (Think he's a touch overrated, actually, only two free skill slots and one rune slot means there's only so much he can do with his good stats.  Still, he's versatile enough for a 6.5/10, I think.)
Salome: exists/10 (unimpressive but durable-ish mage.  5/10)
Leo: can't catch kids/10 (Tanks aren't so good that I want one that's stuck at one swing forever.  3/10)
Roland: random elf/10 (how mediocre.  3.5/10)

Ace: loudmouth bickerer/10 (the stats are there but the skills kind of aren't.  4.5/10)
Aila: soda/10 (hello free shield rune and general competence.  6/10)
Jacques: .../10 (hello less competence.  3.5/10)
Joker: alcoholic old man/10 (pure mage that tries to pretend he isn't a pure mage OH MAN.  Also locked shitty physical rune, still better than Piccolo.  4/10)
Queen: vegetarian/10 (unimpressive magic affinities and a shitty locked rune is kind of a waste of an 06 magic stat, but oh well, at least the physical end is okay.  5.5/10)
Yuiri: chief of the lesbians/10 (Oh man A in Heavy Damage on someone with Sharpshooter and a Killer rune and pretty great stats.  Joins late but that's basically the only thing she does wrong.  6.5/10)
Yumi: lesbian villager/10 (Yuiri without Heavy Damage and specializing in Earth.  Be still my heart.  5/10)

Alanis: st. lol knight/10 (PURE MAGE WITH 04 MAGIC.  1/10)
Augustine: roses/10 (actually good locked rune, fixed custom tunic... isn't the worst thing he could of done, gets rose brooches if you care.  6/10)
Ayame: ninja/10 (hello three swings and evasion.  6/10)
Bazba: lizard/10 (lol locked cyclone rune with 02 magic and B in wind, lol one swing forever.  At least he can take hits, unlike Alanis.  2/10.)
Beecham: exists/10 (hello mr. mediocrity with 7 free skill slots.  4/10.)
Belle: has a barrel/10 (oh man A in fire and earth, the worst two of the main five.  4/10)
Bright: dragon/10 (meh monsters.  3/10.)
Connie: ko/10 (I deny the existance of useable pale gate runes and even if I didn't OH MAN takin' hits worse than Yulie.  0.5/10) 

Duke: animu rivalry/10 (skill selection and weapon tend to matter a bit more than good stats, and while Duke has the latter, he doesn't really have the former, oh man one swing and no heavy armor.  2.5/10.)
Dupa: lizard/10 (if I wanted a Fury rune I'd use someone who wasn't stuck at one fucking swing.  3/10.)
Edge: find a vampire or something/10 (has something along the lines of Duke's problem, but at least has a better weapon to salvage things.  4.5/10.)
Elaine: staring contests/10 (actually has the stats and the skills.  6/10)
Emily: arm wrestling/10 (Smashy smashy~.  8/10)
Estella: trolls apprentices/10 (pure mage in Suikoden 3.  Joy of joys.  3/10)
Franz: bug rider/10 (I'd rather just use Elaine if I wanted a fighter that minored in lightning rune usage.  4/10.)
Fred: find a windmill or something/10 (Borus trading Heavy Damage for a shield.  Not really a winning trade in my opinion.  5/10.)
Fubar: griffon/10 (eh monsters.  4/10.)
Futch: eternal mediocrity/10 (4/10.)
Gadget Z: is a barrel/10 (Ah, no.  1/10.)
Gau-3: dogman/10 (There are better fighters, but there are also worse ones.  4.5/10.)

Hallec: axeaxeaxe/10 (Not really a turn 1 kind of guy given his issues in actually reaching a target to smack with his hefty three swings, which ultimately does not lead me to care much about him.  4/10.)
Jimba: why does the game even consider you a pc/10
Kenji: coach/10 (03 str on a pure fighter OH MAN.  1/10.)
Kogoro: arf/10 (oh man suikodogs.  0.5/10)
Koichi: woof/10 (oh man suikodogs.  0.5/10)
Koroku: bow wow/10 (oh man suikodogs.  0.5/10)
Kosanji: bark/10 (oh man suikodogs.  0.5/10)
Landis: don't sneak up on me man/10 (oh man mediocre skills, mediocre str, and a horribly slow weapon.  1.5/10.)
Lilly: sabre rattling/10 nice hat/10 (Borus trading the durability for somewhat better magic use.  Not the most amazing trade given the affinities there but not the worst.  5/10.)
Lucia: suiko2 boss/10 (is good at things.  6/10.)
Lulu: gremio no/10

Mel: branky/10 (S in Lightning means that there are worse people, even if the stats don't really impress.  5/10.)
Melville: st. lol knight/10 (Just... there are so many other people with Heavy Damage, ones that don't have 03 Str.  2/10.)
Mua: moustache/10 (Terrible magic affinities waste his 05 magic stat, otherwise, S3 tank.  5/10.)
Nash: are you really married/10 (decent physical oriented character.  5.5/10)
Nei: bard/10 (I guess Jongluer rune is kind of neat but not sure how much I care in practice.  Gonna lazy and give a 4/10.)
Nicholas: wait you spoke?/10 (what did I say about tanks with one swing.  2/10.)
Reed: licks lilly's boots/10 (oh man more mediocrity.  3.5/10.)
Rhett: fat duck/10 (Bad accuracy kind of hampers his potential good-powered three swings.  4/10.)
Rico: sancho panza/10 (oh man mediocre water runer with bad stats and one swing.  3/10.)
Rody: is trolled/10 (S IN MAGIC SWORD ON A PURE MAGE OH MAN otherwise Alanis-level affinities but at least he actually starts with them instead of needing investment.  1.5/10.)
Ruby: bug/10 (eh monsters.  3/10.)

Samus: licks lilly's boots/10 (oh man more mediocrity.  3.5/10)
Sanae Y: like father like daughter/10 (not really good but not really bad either.  4/10.)
Sarah: emo for luc/10
Sgt. Joe: smug duck/10 (A bit like Percy, lacks armor but has Heavy Damage, more open slots but a slower weapon.  Probably not a winning trade but far from the worst one could make.  6/10.)
Shabon: drums/10 (Not... really sure why you'd bother.  2/10.)
Sharon: what a brat/10 (yawn.  3.5/10)
Shiba: lizard/10 (Warrior rune on someone with crap for... whatever the tradeoff was oh yeah also ONE FUCKING SWING.  2/10.)
Toppo: nose/10 (Not.. really sure why you'd bother.  2/10.)
Twaikin: shovel/10 (pure fighter with one swing and 03 skill.  2/10.
Big Viki: achoo/10 (pure mage in Suikoden 3.  3/10.)
Little Viki: pime taradox/10 (pure mage in Suikoden 3.  3/10.)
Wan Fu: dine and dasher/10 (rather mehish.  3/10.)
Watari: ninja/10 (kind of notably worse than Ayame.  3/10.)
Wilder: skinny duck/10 (meh.  3.5/10.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 04:23:47 AM by Random Consonant »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 03, 2013, 09:13:19 PM »
Johnny: 6/10.  He's great in the tail end of the game but that's only worth so much.  Before then he's...kind of "eh."  The Camera is nice granted.
Shania: 9/10.  A Harmonixer in a Shadow Hearts game, we know how this goes.
Natan: 5/10.  Utterly generic and sort of annoying extra stuff to maintain him (I don't penalize him for that though)
Frank: 3/10.  Is there anything you aren't bad at, Frank?  Ok, technically yes, but I have to mock!
Mao: 5/10.  Good at using Crests, at least.
Hilda: 6/10.  Nice Variety and good with crests.
Ricardo: 4/10.  More effective than Frank, but not much else.

Tales of Phantasia:
Cress: 9/10.  Being the playable character he's kind of integral in a lot of obvious ways.
Chester: 4/10.  Never see a reason to use him over mages in the main game in either version.
Mint: 6/10.  Healer, kind of necessary as back up.
Claus: 7/10.  Mage who nukes things dead.
Arche: 7/10.  ...likewise, Claus mk2, in a game where using 2 Mages is not a bad idea either.
Suzu: 2/10.  She's not really good at anything from my recollection and joins stupid late on top of that.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #917 on: November 04, 2013, 04:02:22 PM »
Johnny: 6/10
Shania: 8/10
Natan: 4/10
Frank: 3/10
Mao: 3/10
Hilda: 7/10
Ricardo: 5/10

Tales of Phantasia:
Cress: 8/10
Chester: 5/10
Mint: 7/10
Claus: 7/10
Arche: 8/10
Suzu: 2/10

Tales of Graces F:
Asbel: 5/10
Sophie: 6/10
Cheria: 7/10
Hubert: 6/10
Malik: 5/10
Pascal: 4/10
Richard: 4/10
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 04, 2013, 04:16:25 PM »
NOTE: I haven't beaten the game, but got all the PCs and did most of the optional shit prior to the final stretch.
Johnny: 6/10. I overvalue scan.
Shania: 8/10. Feels like constantly the best person to have, but doesn't feel dominating like Yuri did.
Natan: 5/10. Is there, isn't terribad.
Frank: 1/10. *Never* feels like a better choice for a slot then ANY other PC.
Mao: 5/10. Catmage, felt like...basically as good as Natan. More interesting, but still mostly just there.
Hilda: 6/10. Better then the "mostly just there" duo.
Ricardo: 4/10. I used him because he's cooler then Mao and Natan. not because he's better.

Tales of Phantasia:
NOTE: I only played the GBA version.
Cress: 9/10. Does very close to all of the damage your party puts out for most of the game.
Chester: 1/10. No.
Mint: 6/10. Well, she's a good healbot at least.
Claus: 6/10. Worse then Arche for most of the game from what I recall, but you still use him.
Arche: 7/10. Boom.
Suzu: 1/10. Does not actually exist.

Tales of Graces F:
NOTE: I haven't beaten the final dungeon, but got right up to it. Also haven't played F Arc.
Asbel: 7/10. Felt like the best character to control, easily. Solid all around.
Sophie: 8/10. Cast MVP to me. I actually controlled her most of the time unless I needed 2 healers(I let the AI handle healing).
Cheria: 7/10. Healing healing healing healing. I never control her personally due to letting the AI heal. But she's very good at that, and I'll give her an extra point for tricks that let a human player use her in non boring ways.
Hubert: 3/10. I like Hubert, I try to control him sometimes, buuuut he just feels like Asbel- all around. This is probably me being bad, but for "In game use" rankings, ease of use definitely counts.
Malik: 4/10.
Pascal: 5/10. Does great stuff...under AI control. Can't get the hang of her at all, myself.
Richard: F Arc/10.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 05, 2013, 02:59:44 PM »
Will try and do the rest of my ToGF reasons/SH3 ratings Fri/Sat  :)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 05, 2013, 07:10:40 PM »
Johnny: 5
Shania: 8
Natan: 5
Frank: 4
Mao: 6
Hilda: 7
Ricardo: 4
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 05, 2013, 07:49:55 PM »
Tales of Graces F:
Asbel: 5
Sophie: 8
Cheria: 8
Hubert: 8
Malik: 5
Pascal: 7
Richard: 6
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #922 on: November 05, 2013, 08:00:12 PM »
NOTE: I haven't beaten the game, but got all the PCs and did most of the optional shit prior to the final stretch.
Johnny: 6/10. I overvalue scan.
Shania: 8/10. Feels like constantly the best person to have, but doesn't feel dominating like Yuri did.
Natan: 5/10. Is there, isn't terribad.
Frank: 1/10. *Never* feels like a better choice for a slot then ANY other PC.
Mao: 5/10. Catmage, felt like...basically as good as Natan. More interesting, but still mostly just there.
Hilda: 6/10. Better then the "mostly just there" duo.
Ricardo: 4/10. I used him because he's cooler then Mao and Natan. not because he's better.

Tales of Phantasia:
NOTE: I only played the GBA version.
Cress: 9/10. Does very close to all of the damage your party puts out for most of the game.
Chester: 1/10. No.
Mint: 6/10. Well, she's a good healbot at least.
Claus: 6/10. Worse then Arche for most of the game from what I recall, but you still use him.
Arche: 7/10. Boom.
Suzu: 1/10. Does not actually exist.

Tales of Graces F:
NOTE: I haven't beaten the final dungeon, but got right up to it. Also haven't played F Arc.
Asbel: 7/10. Felt like the best character to control, easily. Solid all around.
Sophie: 8/10. Cast MVP to me. I actually controlled her most of the time unless I needed 2 healers(I let the AI handle healing).
Cheria: 7/10. Healing healing healing healing. I never control her personally due to letting the AI heal. But she's very good at that, and I'll give her an extra point for tricks that let a human player use her in non boring ways.
Hubert: 3/10. I like Hubert, I try to control him sometimes, buuuut he just feels like Asbel- all around. This is probably me being bad, but for "In game use" rankings, ease of use definitely counts.
Malik: 5/10.
Pascal: 4/10.

Richard: F Arc/10.

I actually agree with this pretty solidly! Only change is that Malik and Pascal needed to switch scores.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:44:10 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 06, 2013, 02:22:20 AM »
If you want to switch them, you should probably switch them!

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 06, 2013, 02:32:33 AM »
Johnny: 5.5. Overvalue scan (+ even more with doing stat topic)
Shania: 9. Should say that overall, I found her more impressive than Yuri 2. A large part of that is...that the game is a lot more difficult and her stuff now actually matter. For all that a lot of stuff is toned down from the previous game, those buffs are great. She gets....really, really evil at endgame.
Natan: 5. Solid if uninspiring choice.
Frank: 2.5. Obvious worst, for all that I can't see the ratings of 1 too much (I mean...he's not an active liability, just the clear game loser)
Mao: 5.5. Solid is uninspiring choice. The MT revival would be really cool except that the way SH 3 revival is already pretty broken really mitigates the need for MT revival (since lack of CT reset and relatively strong revival means that you often aren't seeing multiple dead PCs). Probably worth an extra 0.5 in theory as a panic button.
Hilda: 6.5. Unlike Mao, the late MT Healing skill gets a lot of use from me. Otherwise, has some form variety (although that's tempered by a only 1 being that good), but hey.
Ricardo: 6. Might be alone here, but I found a great overall uses for his unique skills thanks to stacking with other buffs for maximum potency. Ability to simo raise Attack and MAgic 30% for everyone but him is a great niche
...into the nightfall.