Author Topic: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!  (Read 129436 times)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
Re: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!
« Reply #475 on: October 01, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »
Shadow Hearts Covenant:
Karin Koenig: 6.5/10 - Not as bad as I previously thought but still not a big fan. Prefer Blanca as my hybrid >_>
Nicholai Conrad: 3.5/10 - Could have been the game's Alice =-( Rawr Berserk Nicholai and Divine Light *^_^*
Yuri Hyuga: 9.5/10
Gepetto: 4.5/10
Blanca: 7/10 - Personally find him the better of the two "hybrids"
Joachim Valentine: 7.5/10 - Gold Bat and Great Q potential? Supposedly the third best character or something.
Lucia: 7/10 - Not as worthwhile as I once thought due to the game being easy regardless/alternative options but eh still inclined to give character skill sets slightly more credit than generics like crests/materia/etc. More or less interchangable with Ana as your mage once Snaps are done with. Lu has game best special defence (fusion hax aside)/higher MP, Ana has better HP, speed is more or less the same with RNG deciding who goes first. Besides I'll always have a soft spot for Lucia for one shotting the Dog Shrine boss with the Chariot card >.> The World, Tower, Strength and Emperor are good too but yeah can't justify a higher score for tarot card hype due to it being random. Think it's possible to build a more personalised deck though by only picking up certain cards but yeah.
Anastasia Romanov: 7/10
Kurando Inugami: 8.5/10 - Turn order Jutendouji, Jutendouji, Jutendouji, etc.
Ouka: Abstain. Hell if I remember.
Raiden: ^^
Hien: ^^

Chrono Cross Yellow Innates:
Poshul: 4.5/10
Mel: Abstain.
Norris: 6/10
Funguy: Abstain.
Sneff: Abstain.
Zoah: 5/10
Viper: Abstain.
Leah: 5/10
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:13:30 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 01, 2010, 08:18:13 PM »
Shadow Hearts Covenant:
Karin Koenig: 7/10. Getting lots of hits makes her awesome, and she's serviceable for random smash.
Nicholai Conrad: Abstain.
Yuri Hyuga: 9/10. I think Yuri 2 is quite overrated, actually. He is behind other PCs in getting some crucial spells, namely the Arc spells which break the game open. However, that's about the only thing he does wrong.
Gepetto: 2/10. Bad durability and bad speed, awesome. No real skillset goodness either.
Blanca: 3/10. At least he's fast. He could uh cast Gathering or something, I never got it though.
Joachim Valentine: 5/10. Okay physical slugger type.
Lucia: 5/10. Quite excellent on paper, but it might be overkill.. eh. Giving her a fairly neutral score.
Anastasia Romanov: 5/10. I liked her more than Lucia for Snap. Otherwise she has better statz but worse skillz. For now I'll assume this balances in the sissy slapfight for party mage.
Kurando Inugami: 8/10. Integers only, yo. Kurando is stronger and faster than almost anyone, which is terrific, but the skillset variety lacks.
Ouka: Abstain.
Raiden: yup
Hien: uh huh

CC yellow is a sea of mediocrity BY CHRONO CROSS STANDARDS and I refuse to rate it.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 01, 2010, 08:18:53 PM »
Shadow Hearts Covenant:
Karin Koenig:6/10.
Nicholai Conrad: DNR
Yuri Hyuga: 9.5/10
Gepetto: 3/10
Blanca: 4/10
Joachim Valentine: 6/10
Lucia: 2/10
Anastasia Romanov: 5/10
Kurando Inugami: 8/10
Ouka: DNR
Raiden: DNR
Hien: DNR
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #478 on: October 01, 2010, 08:32:16 PM »
Shadow Hearts Covenant:
Karin Koenig: 6/10.
Nicholai Conrad: DNR.
Yuri Hyuga: ... hm.  9/10.  There are times I regret not using half points, since 9 isn't quite right but 8 doesn't do him justice either.
Gepetto: 3/10.  Usable enough while you don't have better people, but no compelling reason to use him when you get more PCs.
Blanca: 3/10.  Same as above.
Joachim Valentine: 6/10. 
Lucia: 4/10.  Her buffs seem gratuitous on top of the already awesome generic buffs (ie by the time you set both up, the enemy is dead), and she doesn't really bring anything else to the table.
Anastasia Romanov: 6/10.  Snapshot.  Her skillset has some neat things in there, but naturally you instead spend three quarters of the game with nothing but her initial spell.  Awesome.
Kurando Inugami: 8/10
Ouka: DNR
Raiden: DNR
Hien: DNR

Poshul: ... damn.  4/10.  Inflated, but you can get her for two dungeons when you otherwise don't have 3 PCs.  That does feel worth a point.
Mel: 2/10.  Stealing might have salvaged her some... if you didn't ALWAYS have Kid or Fargo in the party when she was around.  And they're actual competent PCs on top of that.
Norris: 5/10.  Well, he's better than Radius at least.  Good enough for filler until you get Karsh.
Funguy: 4/10?  He's basically Zappa with better all around stats, but for the life of me I can't remember when he's available.
Sneff: 3/10.  Pretty bad, but there's worse.  Like Mel.
Zoah: 3/10.  Hum.  The non-agility stats are fine, but honestly Yellow is inferior to Green (and in this case, Zoah <<< Karsh) so.
Viper: 3/10.  His techs are different, but again a low agl Yellow.
Leah:
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 03, 2010, 08:01:47 AM »
Shadow Hearts Covenant:
Karin Koenig: 6/10 - Did whatever you needed her to, got lots of hits, never felt like a liability.
Yuri Hyuga: 9/10 - What more needs be said?  The MAN.  Only weakness is not getting the Arc spells, yeah.
Gepetto: 3/10 - Theoretically still usable later if you really keep track of elemental weaknesses and equip the doll with the right element for the area.  But screw that when you have easier ways to rock.
Blanca: 4/10 - Uh also theoretically usable, but I didn't find quite all the Wolf Bouts as fast as I could have, and see what others said about some of the best ones being quite late.  That and he's a fighter-mage, a role which Karin kind of already takes.
Joachim Valentine: 6/10 - Good beatdown.  Magic rocks in SH2 but you've got a 4 person party, Joachim delivers the physical pain if you want it.
Lucia: 5/10 - Lucia's fine.  Problem is that abusing her tarot cards makes the game a little TOO easy and also too wonky, and the effect of the oils can be replicated by the Arc buffs.  So she's more of a vanilla mage in effect, who can randomly crush the game if you feel like going nuts on tarot cards, but this is like hyping Cait Sith in FF7 - you don't NEED it.
Anastasia Romanov: 6/10.  A bit frail but the best mage, and getting her unique stuff isn't much of a hassle comparatively - just stick her in the arena ASAP so she can collect magic from the old bosses, then always have her in the party if you intend to use her.  Also Snapshot hype.
Kurando Inugami: 8/10 - Jutendoji is aftergame to me - I certainly beat Kato without it - but it's super-broken and renders Joachim obsolete.  But even still Tsukiyomi is fine, status curing + healing is always nice, even if it eats SP like crazy.

Norris: 6/10 - Norris was actually good.  Decent fighter-mage which is what you want.
Viper: 3/10 - Viper was not.  Had low AGL IIRC.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: October 03, 2010, 10:54:17 PM »
Shadow Hearts Covenant:
Karin Koenig: 6/10.  Decent overall, but nothing spectacular.
Nicholai Conrad: DNR.  Not around for nearly long enough.
Yuri Hyuga: 9/10.  He felt consistently great, but nothing OMG!!! until end game, when he got Seraphic Radiance.
Gepetto: 4/10.  Mage with nothing special.
Blanca: 6/10. Karin variation.
Joachim Valentine: 6.5/10.  Solid enough tank who randomly gets absurd power ups that give him that extra half a point.
Lucia: 5/10.  The Aromatherapy are cool.
Anastasia Romanov: 4/10.  Camera.  Not much else.
Kurando Inugami: 8/10.  Yuri- for the most part; this isn't really much of an insult of course.
Ouka: DNR. Yeah, no.
Raiden: DNR. Uh Huh.
Hien: DNR.  Yeah, I just put these 3 (and Nicolai) on there before someone sniped at me for forgetting them.  And no, I won't be like this for certain games that have TOO MANY GENERIC TEMPS, so don't worry.

Poshul: 3.5/10.  Half a point for being a free early PC when no one else is available.  Otherwise, kind of crappy.
Mel: 2/10.  Never a reason to use her over Kid or Fargo, and she's bad at like everything else.  Furthermore, you only get her on a route that misses out on actually good characters.
Norris: 5/10.  Adequate filler.  Being able to use Starky's Plasma Gun gives him a nice strong weapon earlier than most.
Funguy: 4/10.  Less adequate filler.
Sneff: 2/10.  Crappy.
Zoah: 5/10.  Slow, but he's solid enough otherwise, and he even has a dual tech with Karsh which is cool or something (though not largely relevant.)
Viper: 5/10.  Viper's Venom is a nice strong weapon gotten when he joins and I seem to recall he was passable enough otherwise.
Leah: 4/10.  Game best HP and Strength is something!  Its not enough though.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #481 on: October 04, 2010, 01:18:58 AM »
Shadow Hearts Covenant:
Karin Koenig: 5.5/10 - I almost forgot to rank her because I started from 'Main Character=Yuri' and worked down the list from there. She's solid, and always around, so she's a bit above average.
Nicholai Conrad: DNR
Yuri Hyuga: 9.5 - It's Yuri, if Yuri1 is a 10, then Yuri2 is a 9.5.
Gepetto: 3.5/10 - Usable, but cast-worst. Good as a warm body early on.
Blanca: 4 - Good warm body, better than Gepetto.
Joachim Valentine: 7 - consistently useful, fairly unique niche in a game full of mages!
Lucia: 7 - Aromatherapy hype.
Anastasia Romanov: 5 - Snapshot + better mage than Blanca/Gepetto, but gotten much later so no warm body hype.
Kurando Inugami: 7 - Yuri-lite is pretty awesome, but I feel like he's just another mage in practice.

Poshul: 4 - Ugh. Warm body hype.
Mel: 2.5 - Having a second chance to steal is useful I suppose.
Norris: 5.5 - Joins early in Lynx's party, and has great stats throughout the game and good weapon access. Pretty much the best Yellow-innate in the game for me, and get Warm body hype... in Chrono Cross!
Funguy: 2.5 - Err... if you want to use it, you can.
Sneff: 1 - Pretty much my idea of gameworst character.
Zoah: 4.5 - Good stats, but hurt by Norris' existence. Dual Tech with Karsh is worth a half-point.
Viper: 4 - Very usable, good weapon, had a Dual tech IIRC? Hurt by Norris and Zoah's existence, though.
Leah: 3.5 - See above, not to mention being a late-joiner. Has a decent Dual tech, but it's with -Draggy-. Gamebest HP and Strength just doesn't save her in a game like CC.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 16, 2010, 09:45:58 PM »
Shadow Hearts Covenant:
Karin Koenig: 6.19
Nicholai Conrad: N/A
Yuri Hyuga: 9.25
Gepetto: 3.25
Blanca: 4.50
Joachim Valentine: 6.13
Lucia: 4.88
Anastasia Romanov: 5.44
Kurando Inugami: 7.94
Ouka: N/A
Raiden: N/A
Hien: N/A

Poshul: 3.83
Mel: N/A
Norris: 5.29
Funguy: 3.30
Sneff: 2.00
Zoah: 4.17
Viper: 3.80
Leah: 3.90

Best Rating of this Session: Yuri w/ 9.25
Worst Rating of this Session: Sneff with 2.00

Ouka, Hien, Raiden and Nicolai all get DNRed due to majority consent.  Mel gets a DNR due to lack of sufficient votes by my standards.

Given Mel is the first one to be this way, if there's really a strong call about a rerating for some character to get an actual rating on them, speak up and maybe I'll add them as an FW in a later session.  Somehow, I get the feeling this won't happen <_<

Top 10 Ratings:
1. Yuna (FFX) 9.80
2. Yuri Volte Hyuga (SH1) 9.53
3. Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau (XG) 9.46
4. Yuri Volte Hyuga (SHC) 9.25
5. Cecilia Lynn Adlehyde (WA1) 9.20
6. Haar (FE10) 9.17
7t. Deis (BoF2) 9.11
7t. Reyson (FE10) 9.11
9. Lenneth Valkyrie (VP(:L)) 9.02

Top 10 Failures:
1. Karla (FE7) 0.77
2. Chu-chu (XG) 0.85
3. Maria Balthasar (XG) 1.00
4. Douglas (FE6) 1.10
5. Astrid (FE10) 1.20
6. Lyre (FE10) 1.28
7. Yunno (FE6) 1.35
8. Garret (FE6) 1.36
9. Mogu (BoF) 1.50
10. Noel Chandler (SO2) 1.55

Moving on, cause you guys seem to lack motivation to vote, I'm gonna do something that's gonna make you guys ALMOST CARE!!!

Final Fantasy Tactics (War of the Lions) Non-Generic PCs:
Ramza Beoulve:
Delita Hyral:
Algus Sadalfas:
Agrias Oaks:
Gaff Gafgarion:
Ovelia Akatscha:
Mustadio Bunanza:
Alma Beoulve:
Olan Durai:
Rafa Galthana:
Malak Galthana:
Beowulf Kadmus:
Reis Dular:
Worker 8:
Cidoflas Orlandu:
Meliadoul Tingel:
Zalbag Beoulve:
Cloud Strife:
Byblos:

Chrono Cross Black Innates:
Mojo:
Guile:
Luccia:
Harle:
Grobyc:
Skelly:

Regarding WotL:
I left them out cause some of the other PCs (Meliadoul comes to mind) change dramatically based off it due to "subtle" changes and what not, hence why Luso and Balthier are not on the list.  We'll rate them later if people care enough.

And yes, I did put just about every Guest I could think of that isn't a generic, cause I hate you all <_<
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:36:08 PM by Meeplelard »

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 17, 2010, 12:20:16 AM »
Can I just rate Mel so she can have enough votes?

Mel- 3/10 She has the best magic of any Yellow inate *is shot*

Mojo: 4/10 Evade
Guile: 6/10 Mage, but weird grid
Luccia: 1/10 fail
Harle: 8/10 just is too good for the time you have her
Grobyc: 7/10
Skelly 2/10 better than Luccia.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 17, 2010, 12:23:30 AM »
Wait, are we ranking WotL or original FFT or what?

Mojo: 1/10. Hilariously bad offensive stats. EVADE as if anything worth noting in CC checked physical evade, his durability is bad in practice.
Guile: 5/10. Decent early filler. Hate that grid, but he had some undeniable use.
Luccia: 2/10. Whatever.
Harle: 7/10. Good overall stats at a time when you were starved for worthwhile PCs. EDIT: Whoops, totally not an 8 though.
Grobyc: 4/10. Fighter in CC. Eh.
Skelly: 6/10. Best magic stat of any black besides Guile, and didn't have the grid of fail + physicals failed less. Worth an extra point to me anyway. Plus it's Skelly, he's awesome.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:38:33 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 17, 2010, 12:23:47 AM »
FFTo.

EDIT: BONUS ROUND OF LFT GENERICS GOGOGO
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 17, 2010, 12:29:41 AM »
DNR all temps. They're relevant to SCC strategies but eh.

Ramza Beoulve: 9/10. Female/male hybrid makes him the best at everything, lacks the other special PCs' problem of joining underskilled, too.
Agrias Oaks: 6.5/10. Decent actually (Holy Sword is pretty cool), but Holy Knight itself is a big drawback.
Mustadio Bunanza: 5/10. A worse choice than a generic, but not dramatically.
Rafa Galthana: 1.5/10. Awful.
Malak Galthana: 1/10. Somehow worse.
Beowulf Kadmus: 6/10. Okay, has some niches over the generics he replaces (knight sword use on a better class than knight, mostly, though decent accuracy/no CT on his oracle skills isn't bad).
Reis Dular: 2/10. Pretty bad, though if you wait long enough the stats do start to matter more than the lack of skills, so she's better than the twins.
Worker 8: 6/10. Spoils some plot fights nicely.
Cidoflas Orlandu: 8/10. Pretty good stuff, has basically everything he needs to excel and only the skill deficit compared to pre-C4 PCs holds him back.
Meliadoul Tingel: 2/10. Orlandu with the worst of the three sword sets only, worse stats, and joining later. BUT HEY, PERFUMES. So she's not a 1.
Cloud Strife: 2.5/10. I think Finish Touch is a cool enough niche to get him above the other "no real use" PCs but grah Level 1.
Byblos: Don't care.

Maybe.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 17, 2010, 01:23:46 AM »
Wait, are we ranking WotL or original FFT or what?

Original.  You'll notice I left off Balthier and Luso, thought I made myself clear, sorry for confusion.

I was gonna toss them on, but then realized stuff like "Wait, Meliadoul's Divine Sword Skills function differently" in WotL and well, yeah.  Might do what I did for FF4a in the previous topic, where we rank the game, then come back and rank characters who have notable changes between the two versions, as well as new additions, but...eh, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, and really, I don't think there's THAT much call for it.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 17, 2010, 01:47:24 AM »
Ramza Beoulve: He does pretty much anything well and has a couple unique things going for him, but I can't justify higher than an 8/10.
Delita Hyral: Abstain
Algus Sadalfas: Abstain
Agrias Oaks: Holy Sword is a cool skillset.  Too bad about her class not having the PA to carry that well.  7/10
Gaff Gafgarion: Abstain
Ovelia Akatscha: Abstain
Mustadio Bunanza: uh SNIPE.  4/10
Alma Beoulve: Abstain
Olan Durai: Abstain
Rafa Galthana: Lategame twink bait with a randotargetting skillset awww yeah.  1/10
Malak Galthana: WHOO REVERSE FAITH DAMAGE THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME.  No.  0.5/10
Beowulf Kadmus: Whoring with no charge time is cool.  6/10
Reis Dular: Whoo lategame twink bait.  1/10
Worker 8: Don't care
Cidoflas Orlandu: Is Cid.  8/10
Meliadoul Tingel: omg MIGHTY SWORD.  2/10
Zalbag Beoulve: Abstain
Cloud Strife: Don't care
Byblos: No.

Chrono Cross Black Innates: ugh cc black innates blanket abstention
Mojo:
Guile:
Luccia:
Harle:
Grobyc:
Skelly:

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 17, 2010, 02:35:16 AM »
Ramza Beoulve: 8/10.
Delita Hyral: KILLS ZALMO/10, Sexy/10, I refuse to DNR Delita/10
Algus Sadalfas: DNR
Agrias Oaks: 6.5/10. Decent skillset, terrible stats.
Gaff Gafgarion: DNR
Ovelia Akatscha: DNR
Mustadio Bunanza: 6/10. Kinda like Agrias. Works well as a Chemist.
Alma Beoulve: DNR
Olan Durai: DNR
Rafa Galthana: 1/10. She is like... ugh. Either you can make her into a generic (except way worse) or her uh own skillset of badness.
Malak Galthana: 0.5/10. Rafa minus minus.
Beowulf Kadmus: 6/10. Good enough while around.
Reis Dular: 1.5/10. Bleh.
Worker 8: 6/10. Not bad!
Cidoflas Orlandu: 8.5/10.
Meliadoul Tingel: 1.5/10.
Zalbag Beoulve: DNR
Cloud Strife: Um, Cloud's kinda good if you level him. If if if. 1.5/10
Byblos: 3/10?
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 17, 2010, 04:14:50 AM »
Ramza Beoulve: 8/10.
Delita Hyral: KILLS ZALMO/10, Sexy/10, I refuse to DNR Delita/10
Agrias Oaks: 7/10. Decent skillset, terrible stats.
Mustadio Bunanza: 6/10. Kinda like Agrias. Works well as a Chemist.
Rafa Galthana: 1/10. She is like... ugh. Either you can make her into a generic (except way worse) or her uh own skillset of badness.
Malak Galthana: 0.5/10. Rafa minus minus.
Beowulf Kadmus: 7/10. Good enough while around.
Reis Dular: 1.5/10. Bleh.
Worker 8: 6/10. Not bad!
Cidoflas Orlandu: 8.5/10.
Meliadoul Tingel: 1.5/10.
Cloud Strife: Um, Cloud's kinda good if you level him. If if if. 1.5/10
Byblos: 0.5/10
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 17, 2010, 05:32:42 AM »
Ramza Beoulve: 9.5/10. Mm..same thought as the old topic. The mix of PA/MA is just too good and makes Ramza incredibly versatile. Not to mention Zodiac sign choice and earliest on the job development tree makes this easy. Plus True Squire is a decent, albeit not amazing class carrier.
Delita Hyral: 8/10. Delita's pretty solid and yes, I'm actually ranking him as a temp because he's around for a whole damn chapter >_>! Anyway, good PA and obviously needed on some SCCs and some time to actually develop abilities makes him solid.
Algus Sadalfas: Fail/10 (DNR)
Agrias Oaks: 7/10. Holy Sword is indeed pretty cool. She can swap over to a decent class to carry the skills, but that doesn't stop Holy Knight class (hers anyway) from being trashy for having too low PA and mehish equip options
Mustadio Bunanza: 5/10. Pretty cool starting out, gets pretty meh to average towards the end.
Rafa Galthana: 1/10. Sucks.
Malak Galthana: 0.5/10. Somehow sucks worse.
Beowulf Kadmus: 7.5/10. Also pretty cool. No charge time for no GT, but some unique skills and he's great for when you need to stall out battles or JP farm.
Reis Dular: 3/10. Dragon form's usable to some extent. Human Reis isn't bad, but impractical with some decent rewards I guess.
Worker 8: 6/10. His abilities give him some unique niche uses, which are important. Also, you can use him as a footstool!
Cidoflas Orlandu: 9/10. Opinion went down slightly. He's still really really good. But no job development does knock him back a notch. Otherwise, its Orlandu. Self explanatory
Meliadoul Tingel: 2/10. Outshadowed by Orlandu in skills and damage, outshadowed by Agrias in job development. But but but spears. No.
Cloud Strife: 1.5/10. Like Reis. Not terrible when levelled up, but highly impractical because of it. Less decent rewards (I...think Finish Touch was the only worthwhile skill) takes him down a point or so.
Byblos: 1/10. Ew. Comes way too late to matter. And isn't as cool as Worker 8 anyway.

Mojo: 0.5/10. Offensive Suck.
Guile: 5/10. Decent mage. Reverse grid is terrible (ew needing to physical multiple times) and bad stamina are not a good combo though.
Luccia: 1/10. Suck.
Harle: 7/10. Pretty cool. Strong stats, being a good fighter and mage, gains her level 7 tech very early. Yeah.
Grobyc: 4/10. He's not bad, but I really can't think of a case to use him. Especially since his magic is eeeeeeeeh and there's a couple of other decent fighters who can double as mages anyway.
Skelly: 4/10. Also not bad. His problem though is that he requires to collect his bones, which can be somewhat of a turnoff (especially since he's not particularly stronger than anyone else either). Solid otherwise.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 05:35:23 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 17, 2010, 07:36:27 AM »
Ramza Beoulve: 9/10
Delita Hyral:
Algus Sadalfas:
Agrias Oaks: 7/10
Gaff Gafgarion:
Ovelia Akatscha:
Mustadio Bunanza: 5/10
Alma Beoulve:
Olan Durai:
Rafa Galthana: 6/10
Malak Galthana: 4/10
Beowulf Kadmus: 7.5/10
Reis Dular: 5/10
Worker 8: 5/10
Cidoflas Orlandu: 8/10
Meliadoul Tingel: 5/10
Zalbag Beoulve:
Cloud Strife: 1/10
Byblos: 1/10

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 17, 2010, 05:01:49 PM »
Ramza Beoulve: 9/10. Can easily do whatever you need him to do, and generally better then anyone else will. 
Delita Hyral: DNR
Agrias Oaks: 7.5/10. She's amazing when you first get her, but does feel like she drops off later.
Mustadio Bunanza: 5/10. Eh, I like Musty so I want to give him more. Snipe is often useful enough and he makes a fine chemist, but...yeah.
Rafa Galthana: 2/10. Uh, good for Move-Find Item? I dunno.
Malak Galthana: 1/10. Man, I want to like these two. The skillset I find nifty, and especially Malak's gimmick of hitting reverse faith. But there's just no pretending it's good. Or even decent. The wonder twins need
Beowulf Kadmus: 6/10. Feels better then Agrias late, but joins so late I'm not going to give him even the same score as her, much less a higher one.
Reis Dular: 3/10. I remember getting some use out of her, but hell if I remember how.
Worker 8: 6/10. Worker is fairly good stuff, despite his limitations.
Cidoflas Orlandu: 9/10. Splaaaaat. Late join costs him that last point.
Meliadoul Tingel: 3/10. Same score as Reis sounds about right?
Cloud Strife: 2/10. Too low level, too late. And having a neat skillset that requires gimping him to use(yay low power Materia Blade) is more annoying then just having a bad skillset.
Byblos: In this case, DNR stands for Do Not Remember.

Mojo: 2/10. Gets a point for being amusing to use in battle. Hey, that's In Game Use!
Guile: 5/10. Yeah the grid is bad, but his stats back it up I think. 3 way splitpath though, costs him the 6. 
Luccia: 2/10. Don't remember ever getting any decent use out of her.
Harle: 6/10. Really good! Then she leaves. For parts you could have really used her for.
Grobyc: 5/10. Eh, does the job well enough, nothing standout either way.
Skelly: 5/10. See above.

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 18, 2010, 12:43:17 AM »
Ramza Beoulve: 9/10
Delita Hyral: 5/10
Algus Sadalfas: 3/10
Agrias Oaks: 7/10
Overshadowed by Orlandu, and Swordskills aren't as useful as spell-nuking and certain other skillsets either despite the damage.
Mustadio Bunanza: 5/10
Sniping is great in FFT, but an Oracle with Equip Gun is loads better.
Rafa Galthana: 2/10
Good for Deep Dungeon
Malak Galthana: 1/10
Yeah, total failure here
Beowulf Kadmus: 8/10
Magic Sword is insane
Reis Dular: 5/10
She's just an average unit in the end, nothing a Ninja can't do better.
Worker 8: 6/10
Completely unnecessary but he is very powerful for sure. Hard to fit in teams.
Cidoflas Orlandu: 10/10
Comes with everything he needs with no extra effort, and becomes even better WITH extra effort
Meliadoul Tingel: 5/10
Solid as any generic, but Orlandu is better
Cloud Strife: 2/10
Impractical but Limit is pretty good if you take the time
Byblos: 2/10
I can't deny that his attacks are awesome against Zodiacs, but other than that he isn't special and takes a long time to get

Mojo: Abstain
Guile: 8/10
One of the better characters in the game.  Easy to get, basically the best path to take anyway.  Rods hit all enemies on the third strike, so Eagle Eye combos are great.  His element grid is limited but you don't actually NEED all of those slots in this game so I don't care.
Luccia: 1/10
Harle: Abstain
Grobyc: Abstain
Skelly: Abstain
Guess which Black character I stuck with

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #495 on: October 18, 2010, 01:10:30 AM »
Ramza Beoulve: 6 - Good stats, always around. Starts out kinda bad, but pretty much always ends up one of your best units. Wouldn't really consider him any more game-breaking than your usual RPG main, though.
Agrias Oaks: 5 - Average - stats don't stand out, but good for when she joins, tapers off later.
Mustadio Bunanza: 4 - Kinda bad, even when he joins. Guns are a nifty option though.
Olan Durai: 10/10 forever
Rafa Galthana: 2 - Terrible.
Malak Galthana: 1.5 - Worse.
Beowulf Kadmus: 4.5 - Joins too late to score as high as Agrias.
Reis Dular: 3.5 - Joins late and isn't as good as Beowulf.
Worker 8: 6 - Magic immunity is nifty spoiling.
Cidoflas Orlandu: 8.5 - Gamebreaking without any effort, stands out far more than Ramza IMO.
Meliadoul Tingel: 5 - Because she's pretty good in a vaccuum, but Agrias and Cid kind of exist.
Cloud Strife: 4 - About as good as Beowulf, but joins even later.
Byblos: ...uh, don't think I ever got him?

Mojo: 4 - Points for being a warm body when your only options are Poshul and Leena.
Guile: 3.5 - Good stats, but that element grid pisses me off. Also, splitpath.
Luccia: 2 - Terrible in every way?
Harle: 6.5 - Great for when you have her. This is how to do temps.
Grobyc: 3.5 - Good physical stats, terrible typing for when he joins.
Skelly: 3 - Joins way too late to matter (I don't think you can get the last bone until after you're Serge again?), but hey, better than Luccia!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #496 on: October 18, 2010, 01:32:47 AM »
Final Fantasy Tactics (War of the Lions) Non-Generic PCs  (Disclaimer: as before, basing my scores here on limited-twinking playthroughs, because I remember those best)

Ramza Beoulve: 6/10.  Yell is pretty cool as a trick, and the wide equip selection is good.  Still, he can handle himself pretty well but lacks oomph since the base Squire skills are a waste of space.
Delita Hyral: 4/10.  Good filler, but no more than that.
Algus Sadalfas: DNR.
Agrias Oaks: 5/10.  Swordskills rock, but Agrias herself isn't very good and over time she's just too slow/immobile to keep up as a productive team member.
Gaff Gafgarion: DNR.
Ovelia Akatscha: DNR.
Mustadio Bunanza: 4/10.  Not so bad.  Not a great long-term investment, but definitely has his niche.
Alma Beoulve: DNR.
Olan Durai: DNR.
Rafa Galthana: 3/10.  Not worth it, but you CAN set her up some devastating damage at least.
Malak Galthana: 2/10.
Beowulf Kadmus: 6/10.  Shock! can be surprisingly useful, and you can't argue the power of Break or the like.
Reis Dular: 3/10.  You should really be better than generic filler at this stage, so sure, worse than Musty.
Worker 8: 7/10.  Dispose is pretty badass.
Cidoflas Orlandu: 8/10.  And this is why the lategame isn't hard.
Meliadoul Tingel: 4/10.  Even if the endgame had mostly break-able enemies, she'd suffer in the same way as Agrias.  So.
Zalbag Beoulve: DNR.
Cloud Strife: 4/10.  Not really so astounding as to justify the effort, but you DO get a pretty good package for it (he'd be like a 7 or so with equal levels I think?  That range.)
Byblos: Abstain.

Chrono Cross Black Innates (Being Black innate is always a disadvantage except for, uh, one major (skipable!) boss in the game and maaaaaybe Dario, since you're always using a Black or White at all times.  Nevermind the silly "half our elements are bad ID")
Mojo: 2/10.
Guile: 1/10.
Luccia: 2/10.
Harle: 6/10.  And yet, Harle is just that good.
Grobyc: 3/10.  Servicable until his bad choices in innates.
Skelly: 2/10.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:38:14 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 18, 2010, 04:59:28 AM »
Ramza Beoulve: 8/10.  I'm not convinced "good stats" is enough to make Ramza a 9/10.  Also, Scream / Yell based strategies generally felt "cheesy" to me, even if they are undoubtedly effective on some maps.  That said Cheer Up means you can screw with Brave without needing a Mediator, and Ramza does make a great Fighter - Mage.  So yeah, a solid 8 for sure.
Agrias Oaks: 7/10.  Evade-ignoring group damage that doesn't require MP.  Badass and notably better than your average generic physical options.
Mustadio Bunanza: 4/10.  Not unusable but the snipe stuff is just too unreliable and his stats are unremarkable.  Okay on the undead-heavy maps at least.
Rafa Galthana: 1.5/10.  Has low Brave, can be used in the Deep Dungeon for treasure farming.
Malak Galthana: 1/10.  WTF.  As Dark Holy Elf has pointed out elsewhere his niche literally never comes up in game.  So, uhhh, yeah.
Beowulf Kadmus: 5/10.  Gotten so late, and semi-obscurely (I usually do Colliery only after the trip to Murond means you're next door to Goug anyway) that it's hard to rate.  But Chicken Blade and status are pretty neat for a physical Oracle.
Reis Dular: 3/10.  Uh good HP for sticking her into other classes?!
Worker 8: 2/10.  Raise has a 0% hit chance?  Hate.
Cidoflas Orlandu: 9/10.  Uh Cid breaks the game and even when he doesn't break the game he hands you a cool Excalibur.  He's fine even if you don't bother to train him up in other classes!  Sillily good.
Meliadoul Tingel: 5/10.  Equipment breaking is fine - you do still fight a fair number of characters with equipment so she's helpful even for stuff like breaking Balk's gun - but yeah, it's late to train up a new character.
Cloud Strife: 3/10.  Level 1 WTF.  Is this hacked to something sensible in LFT, by the way?  Okay perhaps without the horrible horrible level lag.
Byblos: DNR.  Boco is more rankable.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 24, 2010, 11:15:16 PM »
Ramza Beoulve: 7.5/10
Delita Hyral: 5/10
Algus Sadalfas: 3/10
Agrias Oaks: 6.5/10
Gaff Gafgarion: 4/10
Mustadio Bunanza:  5/10
Alma Beoulve: Abstain
Olan Durai: Abstain
Rafa Galthana: Abstain
Malak Galthana: Abstain
Beowulf Kadmus: 5.5/10
Reis Dular: Abstain
Worker 8: Abstain
Cidoflas Orlandu: 9/10
Meliadoul Tingel: Abstain
Zalbag Beoulve: Abstain.
Cloud Strife: Abstain
Byblos: Abstain (Who)

Mojo: Abstain
Guile: 4.5/10
Luccia: Abstain
Harle: 6.5/10
Grobyc: 4/10
Skelly: Abstain
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 11:19:52 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 25, 2010, 03:11:51 AM »
Final Fantasy Tactics (Not War of the Lions if we're supposed to vote on the original why is this even here) Non-Generic PCs:
Ramza Beoulve: 8/10  Best and most consistent character by default, requires no twinking whatsoever, will always be good though not super amazing.
Agrias Oaks: 7.5/10  Evade-ignoring group damage that doesn't require MP.  Badass and notably better than your average generic physical options.  (Sorry Snow!)  Also, joins at the right time to enter as your fifth, and is generally highly convenient and easy to pick up and use.  (Certainly more than grinding someone to Concentrate in vanilla.  Ew, vanilla Archer.  Ew, using the support slot in vanilla.)
Mustadio Bunanza: 7/10  Also joins at the right time and fills a convenient niche.  I give him a lot of credit for Arm Aim, long range disable means he always has something productive to do and otherwise can stand as your Chemist.  Objectively he's not much better than a generic, but he's handed to you on a platter and convenience counts a lot for me in terms of "in game use". 
Rafa Galthana: 1/10 Joins too late, is useless
Malak Galthana: 0/10 Joins too late, is more useless
Beowulf Kadmus: 5/10 Joins too late, is useful out of the box but by now you probably have a team you're comfortable with, so he replaces in average at best.
Reis Dular: 2/10 Useful if messing with monsters a lot?
Worker 8: 6/10 Joins late but can easily replace a PC and be useful/better than they were.
Cidolfas Orlandu: 9/10  Spell his name right.  Needs no introduction or explanation.  Not 10/10 good though.  You can still lose with him.  It's hard but you can.
Meliadoul Tingel: 2/10 possibly can do something in a fight but no.
Cloud Strife: 0/10 No.  By the time you have him and make him usable there's no way you could actually need him for anything.
Byblos: 0/10 Hahahahaahahahaha.