Register

Author Topic: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!  (Read 129410 times)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2010, 05:46:55 PM »
Valkyrie Profile (Lenneth):
Lenneth Valkyrie: Clear MVP yadda yadda.  9/10
Arngrim: Serviceable enough.  5/10
Lawfer: Spear user.  Enough said.  7/10
Jelanda: Early VP1 mage.  7/10
Freya: DNR.  Aftergame character outside of the brief prolouge stint.
Belenus: There but exists at a point where you need to fill up a slot.  4/10
Llewellyn: lulz.  2/10

Janus: Better than Llewellyn at least.  3/10
Nanami: Potentially early VP1 mage.  6/10
Yumei: Potentially early VP1 mage.  6/10
Jun: There.  3/10
Kashell: There.  3/10
Aelia: Inferior spear user but still pretty decent.  6/10
Lorenta: Midgame VP1 mage.  5/10
Mystina: Midgame VP1 mage.  5/10
Lucian: Shining Bolt is cheese, yeah.  A Route tempishness hurts though, and it's his only real trick, for all that it is delicious cheese which needs partaking of.  7.5/10

Jayle: There and late.  2/10
Badrach: lulz.  1.5/10
Shiho: Lategame VP1 mage.  Eh, sure.  Early Might Reinforce is worth a bit extra.  4.5/10
Suo: There and late.  2/10
Grey: There and late.  2/10
Lyseria: Lategame VP1 mage who only joins on hard mode.  3/10
Gandar: Lategame VP1 mage.  4/10
Lezard Valeth: DNR, aftergame.
Brahms: DNR, aftergame.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:12:02 AM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 11, 2010, 12:21:38 AM »
Lenneth Valkyrie: 9/10. Bows are absolutely godly on her: rack up tons of gems, tons of hits, tons of energy, are good at knocking down, breaking defense -and- the mults are utterly nuts. She makes even storebought bow trash look good. Getting the option to use swords, which get the best weapons in the game, is an okay bonus, but she's so much worse with swords that it only matters in the aftergame. Of course, Lenneth also gets the good anti-elemental gear if you thought she needed durability to back up the offense.
Jelanda: 7/10. Earlygame VP1 mage. That's never bad. Never godly, but they're generally fine.
Arngrim: 7/10. Softened up to him a bit. He works -a lot- better with those 1-swing swords broadswords tend to be so fond of and, of course, the mults are a thing of legends. The durability and offensive equipment options also leave nothing to be desired, but I still wish he was a better combo person.
Freya: DNR. Nononononononono.
Lawfer: 8/10. Crimson Edge is impressively retarded for the maingame and Lawfer's normals are both easily comboable and rather solid, racking up gigantic energy. The PWS could give better energy, but racks hits well and is strong.
Belenus: 5/10. I like Belenus's PWS - good mult, making it a good finisher, which is probably the best out of the swordsmen that aren't called Lenneth. Normals are fairly average, though, and he's middling besides getting swords, which have good options, and a solid finishing PWS. Average works.
Llewellyn: 1/10. lulz i are awsum against big trgaest wat du yu men my nrmolas scuk and my spw cmopotelely fails bseidse bgi poepel

Janus: 4/10. I honestly irrationally like Janus, but using him either means you're having to share bows with Lenneth or you're just sacrificing offense. Best PWS and normals out of non-Lenneth bowmen, but how much does that say?
Nanami: 7/10. Early VP mage. Cookie points for the "lol mages break the first three chapters in the game" Dragonbane, but not enough for a real rating boost.
Yumei: 7/10. Early VP mage.
Jun: 3/10. Katanas suck and so do Jun's normals. His PWS racks up a lot of hits, but has issues both building energy -and- dealing damage. Not good.
Kashell: 4/10. Trades Arngrim's amazing PWS mults for better normals, and that's such a losing trade. His normals aren't even amazing, so the durability niceness is all he gets. Not good.
Aelia: 6/10. Solid, but she clearly loses out on the normals and special against Lawfer - less energy, less comboability and even less damage, methinks. So yeah.
Lorenta: 7/10. VP mage in the midgame with some neat spells.
Mystina: 7/10. Is Lorenta without Heal, but that's not much of a deal at all. Being Jessie gives her cookie points.
Lucian: 7.5/10. I have to dock a point out of him for being effectively a temp if you go A ending. Best normal in the game for just about -everything-+glitch, though? Fucking hellsyeah.

Jayle: 3/10. Holy shit subpar at everything great combo.
Badrach: 2/10. Uh I guess gem farming is a niche? Pretty egregious otherwise.
Shiho: 7/10. Lategame VP mage... but she gets the awesome that is offensive VP buffing one chapter before everyone else, and it's not like raising VP mages is a problem in-game.
Suo: 2/10. Wow, you manage to be worse than Jun.
Grey: 4/10. Pretty underwhelming. Effectively a swordsman with broadswords, and the normals are good, but not good enough to mitigate the awful PWS and underwhelming for a swordsman durability.
Lyseria: 3/10. VP1 mage can only go so bad. But Lyseria is pretty pointless.
Gandar: 3/10. See Lyseria.
Lezard Valeth: DNR. Aftergame PC.
Brahms: DNR. Aftergame PC.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 04:52:03 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #302 on: June 11, 2010, 01:55:47 AM »
Lenneth Valkyrie: 9 - Clear MVP for the maingame and most of the SG.
Arngrim: 7.5 - Permanent PC that you get from the beginning of the game nets him some extra love, but this is mostly for the PWS mults and tanking.
Lawfer: 7.5 - VP1 Lancer
Jelanda: 7 - Great earlygame when you're short on bodies and can easily work well into endgame, though better options are available. Not really great in the SG.
Freya: 6 - Doesn't exist in the maingame, which I'm holding against her, but she's one of the best options for SG.
Belenus: 5 - Early warm body who works well.
Llewellyn: 2 - Early warm body and that's it.

Janus: 3.5 - Decently useful as far as Non-Lenneth archers go in VP1. Still a bad choice for SG.
Nanami: 5.5 - Pretty interchangable with the other mages, and missable. Good replacement for Jelanda if you sacrificed her.
Yumei: 5.5 Ditto
Jun: 3 - Archer-level.
Kashell: 5.5 - Overshadowed by Arngrim and not a guaranteed recruit. Can be useful in the SG though, so half a point.
Aelia: 6 - Similar to Kashell, but better PWS.
Lorenta: 5 - Yep.
Mystina: 7 - Being permanent and snagging you a nice GM wand puts her at Jelanda-level for VP magery. Good starting option for SG.
Lucian: 8.5 - Breakin' the game, Breakin' the SG... points off for not being available in A-path.

Jayle: 5 - Forgettable and replacable, but a nice addition if you sent up all your other swordsmen, I suppose. Not a strong SG candidate.
Badrach: 3.5 - Gem-farming is thirsty work. And vital for the SG grind~
Shiho: 6.5 - Only requires one scroll to become the best support unit in the game + damage mage. Late joiner though.
Suo: 2.5 - Late and useless.
Grey: 5.5 - Late, but... Freeze hype.
Lyseria: 4 - Redundant.
Gandar: 4.5 - Slightly less redundant.
Lezard Valeth: 5 - Good for the SG for a while! But there's better and I hold not being available in the main game against him.
Brahms: 6.5 - Yay SG! So late though...

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 11, 2010, 09:19:22 PM »
Lenneth Valkyrie: 9/10 - MVP.
Arngrim: 7/10 - Is alright but I've personally never liked Heavy warriors.
Lawfer: 9/10 - Owns Main game completely. Screwed over in the after game though.
Jelanda: 8/10 - Fills in a spot and if you don't care for the rest she can last you the whole game. Comes with the least amount of spells but who just uses mages initial spells anyway?
Freya: 9/10 - Help not really needed at the start. Beyond that she is a great fighter in the SG but her moves have issues. Several times her attacks have gone off while a PWS is happening for me.
Belenus: 6/10 - Not all that bad, nice finisher.
Llewellyn: 4/10 - Layer Storm is actually pretty good, great infact. Doesn't kickass against all enemies but when it works its nice.

Janus: 3/10 - Some people like him but I personally am not too fond.
Nanami: 6/10 - Mage, gives a broken weapon.
Yumei: 6/10 - Mage
Jun: 4/10 Senko...Jin! I have a friend who watched me fight a few battles using Jun and he kept laughing as while Juns finisher is extreamly flashy is does next to no damage. I now find myself saying "Senko" as I use a move and "Jin" when the enemy dies in several games and get a big laugh out of it. Oh how is he? Bad stats, bad weapons, screwed in the SG, bad finisher, hell everything is bad when it comes to him. I still use him on all my playthroughs :P
Kashell: 5/10 - He is serviceable.
Aelia: 6/10 - If you're crazy enough to send up Lawfer she is the only one who can fill in. Crappy finisher.
Lorenta: 6/10 - Mage.
Mystina: 6/10 - Mage.
Lucian: 9/10 - Temp character but broken as hell. Great in the SG and I wish I could replace Lenneth with him.

Jayle: 5/10 - Average.
Badrach: 2/10 - He do one thing right so point for that.
Shiho: 6/10 - Mage.
Suo: 4/10 - Die and be silent abomination or something. Perfectly useable, cool and has good quotes.
Grey: 5/10 - Icicle Disaster! Awesome voice. Breaks up the boredom.
Lyseria: 6/10 - Mage.
Gandar: 7/10 - Mage with good quotes.
Lezard Valeth: 10/10 - Edges Gandar out in the voice department and is helped by the fact that his gameworse Hp matters for nothing in VP.
Brahms: 10/10 - Nice moves and stats. Awesome finisher.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 12, 2010, 01:11:15 AM »
Grey: 5.5 - Late, but... Freeze hype.

You're hyping him for a status he doesn't have?

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 17, 2010, 06:59:23 AM »
Lenneth Valkyrie: 9/10. Yeeeeeeep. Even if Valk could be removed from the team, Bows on her are way too good. Generates energy, gems, and juggles to boot. You also need Valk around unless you want a constant 3 turn limit, which while you could probably make do without, is still nice. Oh, and she had great defensive equipment choices to boot for resistances. The only thing that kinda holds Valk back to me is that her damage could use some work. Not that's its terrible though.
Jelanda: 7/10. Early mage, and I think your only mage to start with for a little while, which helps gain her a bonus point or so.
Arngrim: 7/10. Pretty solid. Final Blast's recharge time is bad, but you have Valk in the party anyway, so its not as menancing as it seems at first. In addition, he's got Heavy Swordsman HP and unlike Snow, I've never had too many problems connecting his attacks sans on some monsterce s.
Freya: DNR. She's either a prolouge temp (lulz) or aftergame PC. Which uh...yeah.
Lawfer: 8.5/10. Yeeeeah. Justice Stream is badass as hell. Then he also gets Crimson Spear halfway through the game and Dinosaur late. That along with the fact that I think certain set ups let him PWS by himself and he has low recharge on his PWS makes him wtf. Also, his attacks come out better than Aeila's.
Belenus: 6/10. He's actually pretty good. Extreme Void is a good PWS and his attacks combo pretty much the same way as Sword Valk. His problems are that he's more or less overshadowed almost always by Lawfer and being stuck with Swords as weapons. 
Llewellyn: 2/10. I'm not as harsh as Snow (I think AIMING WISP is ITE?) and his PWS IS useful depending on the enemy), but egads. He fails pretty badly sans that. And needing to adjust your party for a niche benefit like that when you could just slap Lawfer into the party is blargh, no.

Janus: 5/10. Better than Llew and your best archer sans Valk. Janus main selling point to me is his Flare Shot. While the accuracy on it is not impressive, on combos, it's great since it adds a whopping 50 Energy in one hit. POIZN needle also has humourous purposes and Guilty break is decent enough (think it was also one of the few that provided 70+ Energy). His damage otherwise is kinda poor though.
Nanami: 7/10. Dragonbane pretty much lololols in the early chapters, which is pretty win.
Yumei: 6/10. Somewhat early VP mage. You'll probably switch it up and their not hard to catch up, which is good. Just...I'm not sure if I would make the switch if it wasn't for VP's system since I don't recall her doing any better than her other early compatriots.
Jun: 2/10. The only reason you use Jun is because of the hits his PWS adds. And if you really like that, you already have Valk on the team, whose PWS does like 11/13 hits. His normals are horrible and getting him to combo with is a pain in the ass as well.
Kashell: 3/10. What Snow said. Kashell trades PWS mult for better normals...but its a bad trade on his part and he has nothing else going for him.
Aelia: 5.5/10. Outclassed by Lawfer in pretty much everyway. Docking an extra half point because her normals have ass for comboability here for me.
Lorenta: 7/10. Pretty sure she joined with Mystic Cross learned, which is very nice since she joins right around Lezard's tower.
Mystina: 7/10. What Snow said.
Lucian: 8/10. SHINING BOLT!!! There is nothing else you need to know about Lucian. Being a temp sucks, but Shining Bolt is broken as fuck that he can probably get away with an 8 here and not have me objecting to it.

Jayle: 3/10. Pretty terrible. Well I guess she can revel in the fact that her attacks combo decently. Past that, no.
Badrach: 1/10. Sucks. If you want to gem farm you have a) Lucian, b) Lenneth with Bows. Why you would use Badrach is beyond me.
Shiho: 5/10. I think I softened up a bit and yeah, having Might reinforce a chapter before everyone else is pretty awesome. But based on my playthroughs, I seriously don't remember it having that much of an impact, and yeah. See Yumei otherwise.
Suo: 1/10. lolololololol
Grey: 3/10. Think he also had an ITE normal which was nice for certain things, past that, he's a swordsman more or less with broadswords and a crappy ass PWS. That's not saving him.
Lyseria: 2/10. Hard mode only, which while yeah, why would you play any other mode, is still pretty bleh. Past that, late game mage without the Might reinforce thing so she ends up being pretty useless.
Gandar: 2/10. Yep.
Lezard Valeth: DNR. Aftergame PC. Burping Snow/Random
Brahms: DNR. Aftergame PC. Burping Snow/Random
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 17, 2010, 03:41:06 PM »
Lenneth Valkyrie: 9/10.  Yeah, been said.  Good damage, energy building, PWS, etc.  Even has Slanting Rain if you want SHODDY MT DAMAGE! ...oh come on, its an advantage she has that Non-Archers don't, if a shitty one!  She can also use Swords, not that you ever should barring Loki, BUT SHE CAN.
Arngrim: 7/10.  HIgh HP, good PWS, pretty much an ideal candidate for this big massive One Hit Swords.
Lawfer: 8/10.  HIts really damned hard; his only flaw is that his PWS is basically a pure finisher.
Jelanda: 7/10.  Mage, gotten early, which is nice cause it means no playing Catch Up, etc.
Freya: DNR (7/10). Really Good in the SG, but I don't weight aftergames too much.
Belenus: 6/10.  Great PWS, but utterly average otherwise; the PWS only really matters late too cause 1H Swords aren't special until Gram.
Llewellyn: 3/10.  Aiming Wisp ignores Evade, which is a nice gimmick, and he's gotten early.  Ignoring Evade is a pretty cool feature, frankly, and being undersold, and unlike stuff like Wait Reaction or Magic, there's 0 penalties to using it (Wait Reaction can miss some targets, Magic can't be used every turn.)

Janus: 5/10.  Looks good on paper, but Bows sucking kind of hold him back from being the "Damage Archer", especially since Lenneth has claim to all the awesome ones beforehand.  Janus REALLY wishes there was a strong 1 Hit Bow with the #3 Attack somewhere before Berserker Bow.  To his credit, he's good at building energy and setting up combos.
Nanami: 7/10.  Joins early enough to be an alternative to Jelanda with different spells, so same score.  Dragon's Bane I don't give credit too, since all Mages can make use of that.
Yumei: 7/10.  See Nanami, really.
Jun: 4/10.  Racking up hits is cool, but that's about all he has; his moves can be a pain to time as well.
Kashell: 5/10.  Arngrim with a shit PWS.
Aelia: 6/10.  Lawfer-.  She's good if you accidentally sent Lawfer up, since Crimson Edge is pretty sweet, and she's still got a strong PWS (which can be used #2 unlike Lawfer's), but...yeah, clearly no reason to use her otherwise.
Lorenta: 6/10.  Mage, but being gotten significantly later than the first 3, with the "Join at level 1" thing Hard Mode has, this is where I start docking points (hence why I consider "Joins Early" a pretty significant factor in this game.)
Mystina: 6/10.  See Lorenta, really.
Lucian: 6/10.  Really good when you have him, but you have only like 2 chapters before he needs to be sent up?  Well, I guess he's fine in B Ending, but that A Ending Tempness holds him back.  He should be a lot higher cause of his battle effectiveness, but lack of availability, and joining latish hurts him.

Jayle: 1/10.  Oh look, its Lucian with NO REDEEMING QUALITIES WHATSOEVER.
Badrach: 2/10.  Gets gems, which is a pretty cool niche.  Its about all he has going for him too.
Shiho: 6/10.  Joins even later than Mystina and Lorenta *HOWEVER* has Might Reinforce one chapter earlier than anyone else, which gives her a unique use as a Mage, if temporary, so I'll give her the same score.
Suo: 1/10.  Jayle that uses Katanas, whoo?
Grey: 2/10.  Ignoring Evade is cool, but he joins late, underleveled, and competes with Arngrim for Greatswords, and his PWS is simply ass even with Great Sword boosts.
Lyseria: 5/10.  Shiho without the unique gimmick.
Gandar: 4/10.  Yeah, no point in using him considering how late he's gotten and you have so many other mages.  HOWEVER, a VP Mage is still a VP Mage, so I can't realistically give him lower.
Lezard Valeth: DNR (5/10).  SG only thing is an auto "DNR" for me.  As far as SG Merits?  Interesting PC in the SG cause he DOESN'T Join at level 1, so being late doesn't hurt as much, so he's a good mage out of the gate.  However, he's got a lot of competition, and other mages with finely
Brahms: DNR (6/10.)  He's like Jun++, having even more hits and genuinely good damage and a Non-Fail weapon to make use of all this.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2010, 08:41:37 PM »
Valkyrie Profile (Lenneth)
Lenneth Valkyrie: 8/10.  Doesn't quite hit gamebreaking levels, but still obviously awesome and should always be used, for reasons well covered here.
Arngrim: 6/10.  Good at what he does.
Lawfer: 8/10.  Even if spears weren't awesome you'd use Lawfer.  Triple blow is silly.
Jelanda: 7/10.  Mages!  You need one, lots of competition, but hey, first mage is good.
Freya: Abstain.
Belenus: 5/10.  If we suppose that Lenneth/Lawfer/Mage is a given, that makes the fourth spot highly competitive and... Belenus is usable but doesn't stand out there.
Llewellyn: 2/10.

Janus: 4/10.  He's not bad, works out if you do use him, just no compelling reason to do so either.
Nanami: 7/10.
Yumei: 6/10.
Jun: 4/10.  Has his uses, but I'm not really going to get worried about technical awesomeness of Jun's sort, I'd rather have someone there who killed enemies on his own, not the technical best guy for starting boss killing PWS chains.
Kashell: 3/10.
Aelia: 6/10.  Spears win!  Aelia's comboing is arghle.  And I'm not even guessing here, I tried reordering her attacks several ways and never found one that consistently let her get all hits in (though I think 3-1-2 got enough in).  Also competes with Lawfer for the best lances of course.
Lorenta: 5/10.
Mystina: 6/10.  Probably the best non-initial mage in terms of usability, good spell selection compensates for needing to level.  Or I remember thinking that.
Lucian: 8/10.  If Lucian wasn't a temp, there'd be no reason to ever use a party besides Lenneth/Lawfer/Lucian/Mage aside from "but I wanna try out the suckier characters!"

Jayle: 3/10.
Badrach: 2/10.
Shiho: 6/10.
Suo: 2/10.
Grey: 3/10.  Hm.  Could be underrating him, actually, don't think I've ever actually used him!
Lyseria: 4/10. 
Gandar: 4/10.  As Meeple says, there's a basement to Mage scoring.  Gandar's actually technically the best statistically, and he has every spell you care about except like Sap Guard, but given raising a level 1 character it's still simpler to use every other non-Lyseria mage.
Lezard Valeth: Abstain
Brahms: Abstain
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 23, 2010, 11:46:18 PM »
Lenneth Valkyrie: 9/10. Pretty much the archetypical 9 to me, you never really want to be without her because she's so good (7x multiplier normals, 60-energy high-mult PWS, guard crush and gem farm) but lacks the extra needed oomph for a 10.
Arngrim: 7/10. Solid. Greatswords are far above other weapons much of the time so he's often one of the strongest, and he's durable.
Lawfer: 8.5/10. Great mults, strongest PWS in the maingame, good HP, and gets some awesome weapons. Nothing really special earlygame, which costs him the half point compared to Lenneth.
Jelanda: 7.5/10. Mages are solid, Jelanda is arguably the best since she joins earliest
Freya: DNR. If she ends up being ranked, 8.5/10; great SG PC but combos a little awkwardly.
Belenus: 5.5/10. Quitely above average, but rarely by enough to really force his way above the good PCs.
Llewellyn: 2/10. Gets above a 1 because his normals ignore evade and Layer Storm's actually decent against hueg targets, but that's it. His energy and damage are both awful.

Janus: 4/10. He's okay. Sadly Lenneth eats the best bows and steals his niche.
Nanami: 6.5/10. Early enough to be good.
Yumei: 6.5/10. More or less the same as Nanami, I think joins on average slightly later but on the other hand does have a free Frigid Damsel and Icicle Edge.
Jun: 4/10. Uh... he adds a lot of hits.
Kashell: 4/10. Uh... he has the second best durability.
Aelia: 7/10. Solid. Not as good as Lawfer, normals are just too much worse, but yeah, that's not much of a real knock.
Lorenta: 6/10. Free Invoke Feather.
Mystina: 5.5/10. Getting a little worse as time goes on...
Lucian: 8/10. Shining Bolt is sick. However, I think his Soul Crush is too weak to compete with Lawfer or Lenneth.

Jayle: 2.5/10. Way to overall mediocre.
Badrach: 2/10. GEM FARMING saves him from a 1!
Shiho: 7/10. Early Might Reinforce is sexy, she's actually worth picking up a new mage for.
Suo: 2/10. Jayle minus.
Grey: 3/10. Ignores evade and greatswords are nasty weapons. Too bad about the Soul Crush.
Lyseria: 3/10. Meh, no point to a mage this late.
Gandar: 3/10. See above. I mock the stat difference, it barely matters; the big stat difference is level and Gandar is Level 1 in Chapter 8.
Lezard Valeth: DNR. 3.5/10 if ranked.
Brahms: DNR. 6/10 if ranked.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 24, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »
Gandar: 3/10. See above. I mock the stat difference, it barely matters; the big stat difference is level and Gandar is Level 1 in Chapter 8.

Some would argue thats a good thing. You can max his HP/SP a lot faster then all the other mages.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 24, 2010, 08:27:05 PM »
I've been lazy lately with this topic, but partially cause YOU GUYS AREN'T CO-OPERATING GIVING ME ENOUGH VOTES AND-...

...oh, right, I'm suppose to be pleasant, happy, etc.

On a LESS whiny note, just proving that I have *NOT* forgotten this topic, its going to be updated tomorrow, so if you haven't rated yet but want too, feel free.  This session has been open more than it should have been or something.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 24, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »
Lenneth Valkyrie: 10/10
Arngrim: 7/10
Lawfer: 7.5/10
Jelanda: 3/10
Freya: DNR
Belenus: 4/10
Llewellyn: 2.5/10

Janus: 4/10
Nanami: 2/10
Yumei: 2/10
Jun: 2/10
Kashell: 6/10
Aelia: 7/10
Lorenta: 2/10
Mystina: 4/10
Lucian: 8/10

Jayle: 4/10
Badrach: 3/10
Shiho: 3/10
Suo: 5/10
Grey: 3/10
Lyseria: 2/10
Gandar: 2/10
Lezard Valeth: DNR
Brahms: DNR

This cast is unbalanced.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 24, 2010, 09:43:59 PM »

Some would argue thats a good thing. You can max his HP/SP a lot faster then all the other mages.

You get two Bracelets of Zoe by Chapter 3. If you wanted to, you could just not use Jelanda until then and presto, she gets just as much HP as Gandar would. You don't do this because it's even better to start using her early, ergo she is better than Gandar.

Maybe.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 25, 2010, 09:51:11 AM »
Lenneth Valkyrie: 10/10 - Is she there from the start?  Yes.  Does she ever leave?  No.  Is she always one of your strongest PCs?  Yes.  Is there any reason you should not use her?  No.  That is 10 material.  It is like Rena but for damage instead
Arngrim: 8/10  There is no reason not to be using Arngrim.
Lawfer: 7/10  There is also no reason not to be using Lawfer, but he isn't around as long/isn't there on easy (lol?) has a bit more finnicky obscure to get weapons.
Jelanda: 7/10  You can and should be using a mage.  Unlike others have been saying though, stat difference what?  I don't care about the difference in stats between different mage characters OR the stat difference between them being level 1 or level 50.  You know where the biggest stat you have comes from in VP?  Gear.  The damage difference between 1800 Magic and 2100 after multipliers is so little I don't give a shit.  Your Great Magic ruins everyones shit just as easy at level 1 as it does at level 40.  Unlike most warriors as well Mages don't even have a great deal of variance for Send bait.  So whatever, they are all good and you should use ONE of them at all times and they are completely and totally interchangeable usually with some minor positive or negative that even early Might Reinforce isn't going to shift one over another point wise for me.
Freya: DNR
Belenus: 6/10 - Wishes there was more good swords when he was gotten, as is he is prime Transfer bait and THAT my friends gets him 2 points.  He is totally worth using and then you send him off and he is one more stepping stone on your path to getting a free Gram.
Llewellyn: 4/10 - 2 points for sending again, 3 points for usability, -1 point for having to be used if you are to send him.  He is not that much of a liability or anything though.

Janus: 4/10 - Llewelyn but better!  But less niche send bait!  Really really wishes Sword Lenneth was better.
Nanami: 7/10 - Mage!
Yumei: 7/10 - Mage!
Jun: 5/10 - Llewelyn with lots of hits!  Token first chain user?  Makes the choice easy if nothing else!
Kashell: 2/10 - Horribly outclassed, should never be used.
Aelia: 5/10 - Horribly outclassed, should never be used, but isn't shit!
Lorenta: 7/10 - Mage!
Mystina: 6/10 - Alright, a Mage that you can't send is technically worth less, but I have used her!  Mostly for the Jesse thing.
Lucian: 8/10 - I am having trouble justifying exactly why he is worth an 8.  If you are going for B ending you should really probably be using him in your party and well he unlocks the A Ending which directly leads to Glance Reviver for the final boss and while doing so he is a pretty good send for one of the chapters you can send him from memory (could be off?  I vaguely remember sending multiple people one time with him).

Jayle: 2/10 - Terrible!  But I thoroughly enjoyed using her bounce bounce bounce, something different to look at during a VP play.  Horribly outclassed by others though.  Not much use for sending either.
Badrach: 2/10 - I don't even care enough to say gem farming.  That is what Lucian is for.
Shiho: 7/10 - Mage!
Suo: 1/10 - Sub Kashell!  Sendable I guess if you don't want to send someone else you should have sitting around, have done so though
Grey: 1/10 - Sub Kashell!  As above
Lyseria: 7/10 - Trying to remember if I have ever actually used her, I think I did once but might have swapped her for Gandar for Captain K purposes.
Gandar: 6/10 - Same as Mystina.
Lezard Valeth: DNR
Brahms: DNR

This cast is from an easy as game anyway where the things that break the game are equipment and universal skills.  The only things characters bring to the table is damage multipliers and comboable moves with Multipliers meaning far far more.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 25, 2010, 11:38:38 AM »
Lenneth Valkyrie: 8.7/10 - is overall good.  Bows and swords are all good.  Not transferrable, but works for a permanent party member.  Death once she dies is kind of sad (though perfectly sensible)
Arngrim: 7.4/10 - can't be transferred, though works for a permanent party member...but should be replaced by others, really
Lawfer: 8.4/10 - weapons are a little obscure, honestly - still good enough with ones you can purchase, but it does hurt a bit.
Jelanda: 8.1/10 - mages are awesome
Freya: 9.1/10 - completely broken when you have her in the first dungeon, and still very good in the Seraphic Gate
Belenus: 7.1/10 - awesome to transfer, and isn't a horrible party member
Llewellyn: 6.6/10 - best archer to transfer, mostly because he sucks for battle, so he saves better archers from going

Janus: 8.3/10 - best archer, lots of energy, who I used as an archer in place of Lenneth
Nanami: 7.9/10 - mages are awesome, slightly worse VA, lightning bolt sucks
Yumei: 8.3/10 - mages are awesome, cool VA, the ice spells are pretty cool
Jun: 7.4/10 - great transfer, weapon power is weak, but works otherwise
Kashell: 7.5/10 - transfers ok, decent enough for combat otherwise
Aelia: 7.8/10 - not as good as Lawfer, but still is great, except for the combo problems...and is a good transfer
Lorenta: 7.7/10 - mages are awesome
Mystina: 8.4/10 - mages are awesome, and she brings along the Infinity Rod
Lucian: 7.0/10 - on the one hand, great in battle and a transfer...but effective use is short, and the purify weird soul sucks

Jayle: 7.5/10 - awesome to watch in battle, and is a great transfer, even if not hugely special in combat
Badrach: 7.0/10 - has a use over Llewelyn for gem farming which is awesome, and is still decent transfer
Shiho: 7.5/10 - mages are awesome, hate her not having offensive magic to start
Suo: 7.8/10 - awesome transfer...remember he able to go immediately, which is nice when the late pick-ups start coming...also no horrible as a fighter
Grey: 7.1/10 - is...good transfer and ok at combat
Lyseria: 7.0/10 - mages are awesome, though Lyseria really comes too damn late
Gandar: 8.5/10 - mages are awesome, has the best stats, and voice of normal game, and really isn't transferable, so works as a final party mage pretty easily and fittingly
Lezard Valeth: 7.8/10 - is awesome in the main game battle he joins in, and serviceable otherwise, as the spell list is nice
Brahms: 7.5/10 - feels a bit worse than Freya overall, but is kind of like a greatswordsman

Cast is overall interchangeable, and anyone can work for anyone in any place.  Transferability is worth a lot to me in the sense that it means you don't have to sacrifice other good characters you have.  As such, everyone's pretty close to me.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:58:50 AM by OblivionKnight »
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 26, 2010, 11:50:09 PM »
Lenneth Valkyrie: 9.02
Arngrim: 6.86
Lawfer: 7.95
Jelanda: 6.87
Freya: N/A
Belenus: 5.45
Llewelyn: 2.85

Janus: 4.34
Nanami: 6.25
Yumei: 6.12
Jun: 3.76
Kashell: 4.36
Aelia: 6.21
Lorenta: 5.79
Mystina: 6.17
Lucian: 7.77

Jayle: 3.45
Badrach: 2.55
Shiho: 5.95
Suo: 2.75
Grey: 3.51
Lyseria: 4.18
Gandar: 4.36
Lezard Valeth: N/A
Brahms: N/A

Best Rating of this session: Lenneth Valkyrie w/ 9.02
Worst Rating of this session: Badrach w/ 2.55

Top 10 Ratings:
1. Yuna (FFX) 9.80
2. Cecilia Lynn Adlehyde (WA1) 9.20
3. Haar (FE10) 9.17
4. Reyson (FE10) 9.11
5. Lenneth Valkyrie (VP(:L)) 9.02
6. Ephraim (FE8) 9.01
7. Elincia (FE10) 8.85
8. Tibarn (FE10) 8.83
9. Rena Lanford (SO2) 8.75
10. Tana (FE8) 8.73

Top 10 Failures:
1. Karla (FE7) 0.77
2. Douglas (FE6) 1.10
3. Astrid (FE10) 1.20
4. Lyre (FE10) 1.28
5. Yunno (FE6) 1.35
6. Garret (FE6) 1.36
7. Mogu (BoF) 1.50
8. Noel Chandler (SO2) 1.55
9. Klein (FE6) 1.64
10t. Merlinus (FE6) 1.75
10t. Fiona (FE6) 1.75

Ok, I think I should note this cause it seems that SOME OF YOU are just taking this as a joke and just doing shit for giggles, not putting thought into it, and putting random favoritism and such by assigning arbitrary values.  This is easy to pick up on, mind; its ok to have a different opinion, but there are certain tells that make it obvious when you're not taking this seriously and just going "ho-hum, put shit wherever."  I'm not putting names, but I don't wanna see shit like that; it defeats the purpose of this topic, and its easy to pick up on so thinking you're being "Clever" by showing favoritism but in a way that masks it...yeah.

I'm not gonna say names, but you know who you are; please take this topic at least somewhat seriously.  Doing shit like that skews values and it almost makes me feel like you're trying to insure their score isn't THAT bad, or just don't care.  If you don't care about rating, don't rate; putting arbitrary values skews with results, and just looks bad.

Anyway, that note aside, BACK TO STUFF THAT MATTERS!

Shadow Hearts:
Yuri Volte Hyuga:
Alice Elliot:
Zhuzhen Liu:
Margarete Gertrude Zelle:
Keith Valentine:
Halley Brancket:

Xenogears (on Foot):
Fei Fong Wong:
Elly Van Houten:
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau:
Bart Fatima:
Rico Banderas:
Billy Lee Black:
Maria Balthasar:
Chu-Chu:
Emeralda Kasim:

NOTE: If its not obvious, XG characters are to be taken ON FOOT ALONE.  The Gears are not a factor in this at all.  I have decided that Gears and PCs are really quite separate entities (if still linked) and they will be ranked separately.  As a result, we're rating Fei specifically now, not Fei + Weltall; Weltall will be rated in a different session entirely (as will all other Gears.)
...and yes, Big Chu-Chu counts as a Gear.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:49:50 AM by Meeplelard »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 27, 2010, 01:00:19 AM »
Xenogears (on Foot):
Fei Fong Wong: Solid enough though nothing all that special.  7/10
Elly Van Houten: Odd.  Slow and attack Ethers are pretty crappy but weirdly tankish for a time despite the HP.  4/10
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: Doc is hax.  9/10
Bart Fatima: Eh.  5/10
Rico Banderas: Just seems so very pointless.  3/10
Billy Lee Black: Haste is nice.  7/10
Maria Balthasar: lulz.  1/10
Chu-Chu: lulz.  1/10
Emeralda Kasim: Mmmm, faster Elly I guess?  Not really sure, but I guess 6/10 works?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 27, 2010, 01:30:46 AM »
Shadow Hearts:

Yuri Volte Hyuga: 9.5/10. Yuri just doesn't justify a 10 to me, but he's absolutely retarded: starts out as your best PC, being your only buffer, your main offense and having the best random-busting stats in the earlygame - oh and he's a good healer too. Then, midgame kicks in and he turns into the only person with MT OHKO damage to randoms -alongside having all the things he had beforehand-. Running off game-best speed -anyway-. Then Sandalphon kicks in and he's your best healer until Alice gets her good healing spells. Then he gets Amon and then Seraphic Radiance and... yeah, just absolutely insane. Yuri could very well solo the game, and, in practice, SH1 is pretty much Yuri+Alice challenge run. You just don't even notice the challenge.
Alice Elliot: 6.5/10. She's the only other PC who truly matters. The fact she can dedicate herself to healing, healing and healing while Yuri kills the universe basically trivializes everything -ever-. She does take her sweet time learning the good healing stuff, though, so she obviously can't be all that good - the fact Sandalphon Yuri is obviously a stronger healer than she is for a fair amount of time tells us something here. Still, she's the only non-Yuri PC that matters.
Zhuzhen Liu: 3/10. Non-Yuri/Alice PCs exist solely to be warm bodies and item caddies. Zhuzhen is the worst of them, having game-worst speed and durability. BUTBUTBUT SKILLSET yeah no skillset sucks.
Margarete Gertrude Zelle: 4/10. Balanced stat spread for item girl purposes. Skillset fails beyond belief, but who cares.
Keith Valentine: 4/10. Balanced stat spread for item boy purposes, but less speed than Margarete. Skillset has theoretical uses, but fails in practice and who cares.
Halley Brancket: 4.5/10. Fastest item boy, but frailer than both Margie and Keith. Best skillset of the four, which actually kinda means something because Halley's ST healing is better than Alice's for a short while, but besides that who cares.

Xenogears (on Foot):

Fei Fong Wong: 6/10. I'm not sure if I'm overrating him - his skillset doesn't really impress and his offense isn't standout either, but he has rather solid stats across the board - good speed and solid durability, and since his damage isn't a liability either, he works fine. Solid, but not impressive is enough for a 6 to me.
Elly Van Houten: 5/10. For a while, she gets quite solid offense due to strong weaponry, but has a few statistical problems. Still, the weaponry actually stands out for quite a while. Feels obviously worse than Fei, but worthwhile enough.
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 9.5/10. Second-best healer (best healer for a good chunk of the game). Gets a great support skillset. If that wasn't enough, his offense is -fine- and he's very durable and fast. Then he gets an offense boost in the lategame and you're "why the heck". Yeah, just ridiculous, meshes both statistical dominance with strong skillset and that's such a winning combo.
Bart Fatima: 4/10. Wild Smile is neat against some bosses and he's not a real liability. Just doesn't stand out either, and he suffers on offense due to worse weaponry than Elly, for instance.
Rico Banderas: 3/10. Eeeeeeeeeew 8 XG speed and crappy DBs.
Billy Lee Black: 8/10. I could be argued into voting him lower, but holy sheeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit the skillset is so hax. He -starts- with MT full healing, status healing and XG Haste? Holy fucking hell. And he isn't even a stat liability (better stats than Elly, for instance). Not to mention his offense isn't awful either, and turns downright solid in the endgame. Just... mang, he's an awesome healer.
Maria Balthasar: 1/10. Eeeeeeeeeeeew 7 XG speed. Let's not mention the terrible durability and crappy skillset either. No Deathblows? -Really-? And she's stuck with XG -magic- to deal damage worth registering? Christ no.
Chu-Chu: 0/10. Serves -absolutely no purpose whatsoever- to the game in practice unless you find drug grinding to be a purpose. Game-worst stats, a skillset where only healing has any purpose whatsoever and that's the second-worst healing you could get, coming off from the worst stat pool possible. Yeah no, fuck off.
Emeralda Kasim: 6.5/10. One-dimensional, but good at what she does. Good stats and solid offense.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 27, 2010, 02:16:25 AM »
Shadow Hearts:
Yuri Volte Hyuga: 10/10- Is Yuri.
Alice Elliot: 7/10- Excellent healer, gets some damage late as well.
Zhuzhen Liu: 3/10
Margarete Gertrude Zelle: 4/10
Keith Valentine: 5/10- Has some options+DBJ if you're really good at the ring.
Halley Brancket: 4/10

Xenogears (on Foot):
Fei Fong Wong: 6/10- He's fast and has solid damage, but that is it
Elly Van Houten: 3/10. Lunar Rod gets her a point.  Otherwise, is slow and frail with no skillset.
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 9.5/10. The sword is just overkill.
Bart Fatima: 4/10- At least has speed and colonges?
Rico Banderas: 2.5/10- Slow and not that damaging.
Billy Lee Black:  6.5/10- Wishes Goddess Eyes wasn't glitched. Pretty solid overall, though.
Maria Balthasar: 0/10- Has no use on foot.
Chu-Chu: 1/10- Some twink use in theory?
Emeralda Kasim: 6/10- Has some offense really late+speed.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dunefar

• Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 27, 2010, 03:16:52 AM »
Shadow Hearts:
Yuri Volte Hyuga: 10/10. Dominates the game without even trying.
Alice Elliot: 5/10. Healing's good enough.
Zhuzhen Liu: 3/10. Meh.
Margarete Gertrude Zelle: 3/10. Meh.
Keith Valentine: 5/10. High sanity and a few quirks get him points.
Halley Brancket: 3/10. Meh.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 29, 2010, 09:43:06 PM »
Shadow Hearts:

Yuri Volte Hyuga: 9.5/10. Yuri just doesn't justify a 10 to me, but he's absolutely retarded: starts out as your best PC, being your only buffer, your main offense and having the best random-busting stats in the earlygame - oh and he's a good healer too. Then, midgame kicks in and he turns into the only person with MT OHKO damage to randoms -alongside having all the things he had beforehand-. Running off game-best speed -anyway-. Then Sandalphon kicks in and he's your best healer until Alice gets her good healing spells. Then he gets Amon and then Seraphic Radiance and... yeah, just absolutely insane. Yuri could very well solo the game, and, in practice, SH1 is pretty much Yuri+Alice challenge run. You just don't even notice the challenge.
Alice Elliot: 6.5/10. She's the only other PC who truly matters. The fact she can dedicate herself to healing, healing and healing while Yuri kills the universe basically trivializes everything -ever-. She does take her sweet time learning the good healing stuff, though, so she obviously can't be all that good - the fact Sandalphon Yuri is obviously a stronger healer than she is for a fair amount of time tells us something here. Still, she's the only non-Yuri PC that matters.
Zhuzhen Liu: 3/10. Non-Yuri/Alice PCs exist solely to be warm bodies and item caddies. Zhuzhen is the worst of them, having game-worst speed and durability. BUTBUTBUT SKILLSET yeah no skillset sucks.
Margarete Gertrude Zelle: 4/10. Balanced stat spread for item girl purposes. Skillset fails beyond belief, but who cares.
Keith Valentine: 4/10. Balanced stat spread for item boy purposes, but less speed than Margarete. Skillset has theoretical uses, but fails in practice and who cares.
Halley Brancket: 4.5/10. Fastest item boy, but frailer than both Margie and Keith. Best skillset of the four, which actually kinda means something because Halley's ST healing is better than Alice's for a short while, but besides that who cares.

Snow's comments and rankings all pretty much work for me. This cast is unbalanced like a Ko/Nitori DDR playoff.

Xenogears (on Foot):
Fei Fong Wong: 6.5/10. For all that I often wanted to remove him on Disc 2, Fei has one big thing going for him that isn't stat-related; he often has a large level/DB lead because everyone else refuses to stay in the party. This goes away after the Zeboim arc but even then he at least has decent speed.
Elly Van Houten: 5.5/10. Lunar Rod and decent attack. Pity about the speed. Durability isn't as bad as it looks but isn't impressive either.
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 9.5/10. It's Citan. Would give him that extra half point if his healing were MT or he had the sword all game. Game-best speed/game-best durability/good damage and great skillset, you always want him.
Bart Fatima: 4/10. Wild Smile saves him from a worse score.
Rico Banderas: 3/10. Slow and his offence isn't as good as you would think. Skillset blows.
Billy Lee Black: 7.5/10. Balanced and cool. Ether attacks are handy, and the skillset is great.
Maria Balthasar: 1/10. ATTACK MAGE.
Chu-Chu: 1/10. SOMETHING.
Emeralda Kasim: 7.5/10. Fast and powerful and tanky.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 08:37:28 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Taishyr

« Reply #321 on: June 29, 2010, 09:59:54 PM »
Shadow Hearts:

Works.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 29, 2010, 11:25:40 PM »
Shadow Hearts:

Snow's comments and rankings all pretty much work for me. This cast is unbalanced like a Ko/Nitori DDR playoff.

Xenogears (on Foot):
Fei Fong Wong: 6.5/10. For all that I often wanted to remove him on Disc 2, Fei has one big thing going for him that isn't stat-related; he often has a large level/DB lead because everyone else refuses to stay in the party. This goes away after the Zeboim arc but even then he at least has decent speed.
Elly Van Houten: 4.5/10. Lunar Rod and decent attack. Pity about the speed. Durability isn't as bad as it looks but isn't impressive either.
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 9.5/10. It's Citan. Would give him that extra half point if his healing were MT or he had the sword all game. Game-best speed/game-best durability/good damage and great skillset, you always want him.
Bart Fatima: 4/10. Wild Smile saves him from a worse score.
Rico Banderas: 3/10. Slow and his offence isn't as good as you would think. Skillset blows.
Billy Lee Black: 7.5/10. Balanced and cool. Ether attacks are handy, and the skillset is great.
Maria Balthasar: 1/10. ATTACK MAGE.
Chu-Chu: 1/10. SOMETHING.
Emeralda Kasim: 7.5/10. Fast and powerful and tanky.

Whee for more quoting. Snow and Elf cover SH1 and XG respectively perfectly.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #323 on: June 30, 2010, 01:45:28 AM »
Shadow Hearts:
Yuri Volte Hyuga: 10 - Pssh, easily Yuna-level good in my book.
Alice Elliot: 7 - Contributes quite a bit, and is around the longest.
Zhuzhen Liu: 3 - low-end support
Margarete Gertrude Zelle: 4 - low-end-but-not-Zhuzhen-level support
Keith Valentine: 5 - ID and sanity make him the best choice of the whatever support
Halley Brancket: 4 - About Margarete level to me.

Xenogears (on Foot):
Fei Fong Wong: 7 - Pretty good, I don't mind having him for the whole game. I actually end up getting all of his DBs after all.
Elly Van Houten: 5 - average thanks to an odd balance of suck and broken mechanics.
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 9.5 - I can't give Citan a perfect score because XG can't be solo'd by design. There's too many Gear battles. Even not taking the Gears into the equation for how good each PC is, the Gears themselves are like a second set of PC sections where you can't use Citan. So essentially his availability is crap compared to someone like Yuri.
Bart Fatima: 4 - Wild Smile and... he builds DBs quickly!
Rico Banderas: 3 - point for having a section where his strength could conceivably be useful, but the speed...
Billy Lee Black:  8.5 - Healing healing healing, oh and damage and speed are pretty good.
Maria Balthasar: 0 - I don't know if I'm allowed to give zeroes, but useless and -forced- make her less than a 1 to me.
Chu-Chu: 1 - Also terrible, but not forced.
Emeralda Kasim: 7 - Elly++

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #324 on: June 30, 2010, 03:26:33 AM »
Shadow Hearts:
Yuri Volte Hyuga: 9/10.
Alice Elliot: 7/10.
Zhuzhen Liu: 3/10.
Margarete Gertrude Zelle: 4/10.
Keith Valentine: 5/10.
Halley Brancket: 5/10.

Xenogears (on Foot):
Fei Fong Wong: 7/10.  gets the job done.  Balanced stats, tends to stay ahead of the DB curve, and is one of the few characters to actually have multiple spells worth using.
Elly Van Houten: 6/10.  The game is funny for Elly.  Equips for her come in at a pace where she's always got some edge (she's actually a TANK during some parts of the game because of the female-specific equips, and her last weapon comes in just in time for the last major foot dungeon, and puts her damage up towards the top of the curve for its duration.)
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 9/10.  Nothing much to say.
Bart Fatima: 5/10.  Usable enough.  Wild Smile is a nice niche, the accuracy tends to keep him from being optimal though.
Rico Banderas: 3/10.  The power is there, but the fact he'll miss with his lead in attacks plus the speed... no.
Billy Lee Black: 8/10.  If this was a harder game, I might hype him at Citan's level.  It's not, so he just crumbles up the pieces Doc already smashed things into.
Maria Balthasar: 3/10.  There are ways to make Maria functional.  She's somehow the best effective mage.
Chu-Chu: 2/10.  There are not ways to make Chu-Chu functional.  Even if you set her up for spellcasting, the spells are too expensive, and there's a chance her pitiful growths will sabotage that anyway.
Emeralda Kasim: 6/10.  Solid.  Her 7 point DBs are harder to raise than everyone else's supposing you were rotating people, and they're what matter by the time you get her, but the stat build is there.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.