Author Topic: What Games are you playing 2015?  (Read 194742 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: What Games are you playing 2015?
« Reply #3175 on: September 15, 2015, 12:53:37 PM »
Could it be the items I need?  No, it is the items I deserve.

I admit I chuckled at this.

Really starting to feel the lack of decent physical weapons, even with both Kefka and Terra with 5* rods fielding multiple R4 and R3 Agas I'm running out of spell charges before the ends of high-end dungeons

I can't tell if you're trolling. You're playing the JP version, so why don't you just choose one of the awesome physical 5-stars the game is literally giving you? Bartz's dagger at the very least you can use on anyone, and Ashe's and Lightning's swords are pretty awesome IIRC.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: September 15, 2015, 01:10:25 PM »
No, I'm just angsting about my lack of swords and how I'm just swimming in mage weapons for my health. ;D

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3l0h9w/next_jp_campaign_chamber_of_rituals/

OK fuck I guess I will be playing a bit over vacation. At least I just have to log in to get the rewards. I don't see why you'd spend tokens on anything other than the MC2s (OK, I do; same reason I cared about Terra's MC2. Fanboyism) but hey.

Also apparently they're releasing Ultima as a 6* BM ability, along with a 6* accessory that I didn't care to read the stats on. That may be something to make me blow more mythril on for whatever boss challenge I have to meet to win it. We'll see.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:46:25 PM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: September 15, 2015, 03:32:33 PM »
Final Fantasy Save An Autobattle For The Moon - Black power day and it feels like the hole just digs deeper. I'm not even thinking about R5 Drain and Dark - or R5ing Blizzara Strike, for that matter. But I need to hone Stop further than R3. And this Thursday will be a rare day when I'll need to farm white power because I need to hone Faith and Dispel to R4. And tomorrow I'll also prioritize Lightning/ Wind Orb farming because Dual Delay's just around the corner. Oh, and I'm one Greater Lightning and four Greater Blacks away from R3ing Thundaja. Oh, and Ultimate Weapon on Zack's +++ battle immunes Water. Hope you didn't put all your eggs in the Waterja basket.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: September 15, 2015, 10:47:12 PM »
But he doesn't immune Water...kick!  Eh I can't even hype that, Tifa's limit breaks suck so bad.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: September 15, 2015, 11:08:25 PM »
At least she'll deal real damage for you with synergy on that SB weapon, so bringing her with, say, Dual Delay won't be a half-bad idea. You'll already have to bring Cloud and Zack for mastery, though.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: September 15, 2015, 11:15:05 PM »
Roommate has stupid luck in FFRK. Already has 2 five star weapons, one of which is Tellah's staff that gives him Font of Wisdom, so he's also making money.

Meanwhile, I'm attempting to get Golbez' memory Crystal with my comparatively awful equips/stats, but think I might have a shot because I had a spare FFIV weapon that adds Ice damage to attacks. If it works with SPECIAL attacks, I might be in business.

EDIT

If it's not obvious, I have two or three fights left and I'm hung up on Rubicante, who Rubi-can.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: September 15, 2015, 11:24:57 PM »
For Rubi: he has the same AI quirks that he had in the original if he kills someone (i.e. countering fire damage with Raise). You -will- need reasonably honed Blizzagas and Blizzara Strikes there, though.

EDIT: Did you combine the Lilith Rods the event hands you? Those alone give you a 90 Mag weapon for FF4 dungeons, which alleviates matters immensely for you.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:29:25 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: September 15, 2015, 11:31:49 PM »
Duck Game: Cid is getting better by the minute
We're getting into real Duck Game prostrats here.
Other people are terrible online so guys just come over

FFRK: Bartandelus (or whatever) is pretty damn strong but he has the worst sprite in the game. That sprite just looks like a fucking mess of pixels. What a nerd. God I hope we won't see him fifteen thousand more times like all these FF7 bosses.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: September 15, 2015, 11:39:29 PM »
Hope event, after Terra's reissue. Oh, and you'll fight him thrice in that event because of Event Quests. Enjoy!

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: September 15, 2015, 11:48:12 PM »
OH GREAT

I think our new Dark Knight is literally worse than Gladiator in every way.
And he might be worse than the regular Knight overall?
Oh god, why do they keep getting even worse?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: September 16, 2015, 12:03:15 AM »
To make Zedoshi's Core-only vids better and better, obviously.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: September 16, 2015, 12:08:55 AM »
In the end, the guy who I gave an FFIV sword to died anyhow, and Rydia managed to chip him down with Blizzard spells after he took a boatload of damage from my friend's RW who had FFIV bonuses and hit for like, 8k damage.

The Duck

• Social Justice Duck
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: September 16, 2015, 12:33:05 AM »
I just tried this out for the first time with randoms and got slaughtered. By the third intermission thing I had won like six matches but I didn't win any in the first two. It's fun but I don't know what the hell I am doing.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: September 16, 2015, 12:54:25 AM »
I just tried this out for the first time with randoms and got slaughtered. By the third intermission thing I had won like six matches but I didn't win any in the first two. It's fun but I don't know what the hell I am doing.

I also woke up this morning and was in real life.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: September 16, 2015, 01:26:40 AM »
FFPlzKeepTheseRekordsOh shit, with the latest event you can just pick the MC and MC2 crystals you want. Along with characters you want etc. Gotta look up what ones probably wont be reissued for a while but I think I'll probably get the MC2s for two white mages and a support character and have a proper lvl80 team prepped.

Reiska

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: September 16, 2015, 01:55:50 AM »
SRW OG1: Finished.  Final count of 327 turns, got 38 of 41 battle mastery points.  Closing thoughts... endgame was less of a slog than SRW J's still, although it was definitely a marathon at the end.  The SRX is a ridiculously broken mech and made up for basically all of Ryusei's midgame mediocrity in spades and then some.  Honorable mention for the fact that it single-handedly took off half of Levi's HP in chapter 41 in one turn (to be precise, 106,160 damage).  This wouldn't have been possible without Radha (for Hope usage), so she paid off.

Other bits that didn't fall in with my earlier PC evaluation:
- Latooni's Enable was ultimately more useful than her own turns when pointed at SRX, for all that she could only do it once.
- Rio got the Huckebein 008L and did pretty well in it.  She'd still overall prefer a Grungust or something with her will gains, but there aren't enough of those to go around.
- My damage dealing hierarchy at the end was pretty much SRX > Irm/Sanger >> Latooni >>>> everyone else.
- Lune's lack of Strike holds her back quite a bit as a boss killer.
- Bullet was pretty much the worst PC I fielded in the final chapter.  Still, he wasn't useless.
- Viletta was a very solid lategame filler PC, easily better than Gilliam.  Might have been different if I hadn't gotten the Gespenst mkII-S but that mech is surprisingly good.  In the end, Russel, Giado, Gilliam and Ryoto were the PCs that didn't get fielded for the final boss.  Ryoto probably would have been better than Bullet had he been leveled.
- Elzam is IMO the worst of the three deep lategame joiners (him, Sanger and Viletta).  Still decent.
- Kusuha's Support saved me from a few ugly moments a few times.  She is not a good damage dealer though, Doomblade just isn't strong enough.  Better than Tasuku I guess.
- The realities of boss design mean that Leona largely gets consigned to being a debuff bot in endgame because of her combination of Fury, being able to equip the Armor Breaker, and not being part of SRX.

Both Levi and Septuagint got splattered in one turn.  Anyway, OG2 now I guess.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: September 16, 2015, 04:01:46 AM »

I still pick up every grenade ever and if I ever blow up someone other than myself with them it's sheer luck. Other things I should never ever pick up but will probably continue to grab at every opportunity: mines, flamethrowers, flare guns. But at least now I know what the fire extinguisher is for! I still have no idea what the TV or shopping trolley are for.

If there are ever flammable barrels then my #1 priority is to shoot them and rain firey death upon the world below. This won me exactly one round so I absolutely stand by the strategy forever.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: September 16, 2015, 10:54:09 AM »

Yeah there are some really good Duck Game players online who play it like it's srs bsns and it's sometimes hard to appreciate things like the (spoilers) band when you're pitted against people who have already seen it a few times and go straight for the flamethrower. i specifically mention the band but it also applies to pretty much every level at least a little.
DL only matches would definitely help here.

The Duck

• Social Justice Duck
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: September 16, 2015, 03:47:48 PM »

Yeah there are some really good Duck Game players online who play it like it's srs bsns and it's sometimes hard to appreciate things like the (spoilers) band when you're pitted against people who have already seen it a few times and go straight for the flamethrower. i specifically mention the band but it also applies to pretty much every level at least a little.
Yeah, one of the dudes I played the first time called me retarded and autistic before I told them it was literally the first time touching the game, but that was a lovely introduction. It felt good when I started getting wins but half of those felt accidental. Like Cid, I don't know what half of the things are.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: September 16, 2015, 04:02:10 PM »
Believe it or not Cid and I had an encounter with an even more terrible person yesterday

i hypothetized that Souls made online gaming work by not allowing people to talk or write anything to other players

The Duck

• Social Justice Duck
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: September 16, 2015, 04:27:24 PM »
Maybe all you should be allowed to do in the game is quack. I sometimes think about what a different and horrible experience Journey would be if people could type to each other.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: September 16, 2015, 05:33:13 PM »
i hypothetized that Souls made online gaming work by not allowing people to talk or write anything to other players

Tongue but hole

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: September 16, 2015, 05:35:14 PM »
Try attacking from the rear.

FFRK: Mastered entire Golbez event.  Four Fiends were EZ, mainly because they have no hp and are weak to things like Diaga.

White Dragon was another story.  I tried a mage setup, but 8 Bioras, 4 Biogas, and 2 Comets were not enough damage to kill him.  Yes, I just crafted Comet for the first time and didn't have orbs left to hone it.  So I went with a half mage/half Retaliate setup:

Selphie (Curaga, Shellga)
Balthier (Magic Break, Boost)
Vivi (Biora, Bioga)
Tellah (Curaga, Faith)
Sephiroth (Launch, Retaliate)

Shellga turn 1, Boost and Retaliate, everyone except Vivi attacks Sephiroth.  Faith wasn't needed until Bioga ran out because it hits 9999 naturally (Biora 5800 without Faith, 7000+ with Faith).  Golbez was Roaming Warrior for the non-elemental win condition.

Dark Bahamut I kept the same setup except Selphie swapped Shellga for Reflect and Tellah swapped Faith for Dispel.  Reflect Bahamut when counter hits 5, Dispel him when counter hits 4, and commence smackdown.  Yuna RW for the aoe heal and regen.  The Regen actually lasts a long time, so only need to recast it after third Megaflare.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: September 16, 2015, 06:33:07 PM »
Final Fantasy Suburban Autobattle - FF14 event supposedly lands tomorrow and I have enough Lightning and Wind Orbs to hone Dual Delay to R4 straight off when it's released, so I decided to farm greater orbs. Got the one Greater Lightning needed to hone Thundaja to R3! Too bad I now have to farm the remaining three Greater Blacks. In the meantime, I honed Stop to R4 and Magic Breakdown to R3. I want R3 Mental Breakdown too, but I need a lot more Greater Ice Orbs than I have right now. R2 Blizzaja ain't happening anytime soon.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: September 16, 2015, 08:37:22 PM »

Yeah, one of the dudes I played the first time called me retarded and autistic before I told them it was literally the first time touching the game, but that was a lovely introduction. It felt good when I started getting wins but half of those felt accidental. Like Cid, I don't know what half of the things are.

Yeah, my first random group included an exaggeratedly racist southerner who ended every win with a pronouncement of "bad cause mad." It's way fun when you get a friendly group, though!

When something I try to do works out as planned, this is basically a happy accident. There are so many ways to accidentally kill yourself in this game that I think a substantial proportion of my wins must be me standing safely far away somewhere else right after everyone else has mutually exploded themselves. Sometimes the only winning move is not to play.

Book is OP by the way. Always go for book if it's there.