Author Topic: What Games are you playing 2015?  (Read 194677 times)

The Duck

• Social Justice Duck
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: What Games are you playing 2015?
« Reply #3025 on: September 09, 2015, 05:05:38 AM »
I hear there is a duck clan that you can beat up.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: September 09, 2015, 05:09:39 AM »
Final Fantasy The Autobattle Of Tomorrow - Golbez event is out and it has -a lot- of mage equipment on its banner, so I decided to splurge it out. One 11-pul, the 100-gem pull and two three pulls. End result: I got a second Empyrean Rod (nice, 73 mag weapon without synergy isn't bad!), a Dark Helm (SB EQUIP FOR DONKEY KONG CECIL I'M SO HAPPEH)... and Golbez's fucking Rune Axe. I guess I got what I wanted, but I'm not terribly enthused with being essentially forced to use Golbez for mage meta. Sigh.

EDIT: Scar will probably hate me forever.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:13:57 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: September 09, 2015, 05:12:03 AM »
FFRK - 100 mithril spent on pulls during the soul break banners. Out of 22 items, I got maybe 3 that are useful 4 stars and not a single 5 star. RNGesus is not with me.

Lost Dimension - SPOILERS FOLLOW IF YOU CARE

Got to the final fight. Had one traitor in my team at the end due to COMPLETE FUCKING BULLSHIT on floor 4, namely being forced to have 2 votes on who to delete. There were apparently 2 traitors that floor. No warning of this before the vote. I got one the normal way, but had no opportunity to convince people who the second one was(I figured it out as soon as I knew there were two) so while I voted for the right person, the NPCs did not and someone I knew was innocent got deleted. fffffffffff

Anyway, the final fight. Also complete bullshit. Need to grind moar to beat him because hoooooly shit is that not happening with the numbers I have now. Down one person is bad enough, but he's got 2HKO damage on anyone on my team, even the tank. And of course like everyone else in the game he counters, so if someone attacks him I have to heal that person before enemy phase or he just kills them. This leaves me 2 people to attack with as I need 2 actions to heal afterwards, and 1 person left over who...well, can't attack or they die and doesn't need to heal. My buff-mage was the last traitor so I don't have access to any of her skills to use. Oh and debuffs get countered the same way attacks do. :V Also he has ginormous defense so even unloading my best shit I didn't take off more than like 25% of his HP in three turns.

I only got those three turns, too. Because on turn 4 he summoned copies of himself. Three of them. Who have lower numbers, they only 3HKO instead of 2HKO. And I *could* kill one copy in one turn if I unloaded full offense on it(meaning spending GP and San I can't afford to spend)...presuming I got that turn to attack with instead of scrambling to heal and revive(oh and revival is super expensive if you didn't get to keep the healer dude).

tl;dr version - I got wrekt. Need bigger numbers. 

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: September 09, 2015, 08:41:50 AM »
Autobattle With Your Dad Simulator 2015 - Do You Still Autobattle With Your Dad?

My asshole is gaping.

I blew like 100 time bux on that fucking Lich fight and still couldn't get the mastery. Even with resorting to S/L abuse to have everything go perfectly my turns weren't optimal enough for the game to give me all 3 medals. It dropped the single Earth Orb I needed to get Shellga on my last attempt, though, so fuckin' finally. I'll probably go back and wreck it with WoL in my party later do get the 3 Earth orbs I need for Quake.

I also realized I could get R1 Waterja and R2Diaga so I did. Also got High Magic Break before realizing nobody in my party could use Support Skills (and it is a support skill even though Magic break isn't? OK game whatever).

Beat the fight with Inferno two fights before the Terra Lvl Crystal fight by the skin of my teeth. Lots of Saving and Reloading... actually probably should have just restarted the dungeon, ate the Timebux hit, and tweaked my skillset a bit and I could have gotten mastery. Those grow eggs would have been nice. Don't care, moving on.

Next fight is... Shiva/Ifrit and then Viligarmanda.  I got Wrecked by Shivfrit. I'm thinking that even if I do beat them, which is gonna take a lot of s/r scumming to avoid fucking up timing my spells, I'll have to blow a Mythril on healing up before Viligarmanda. If I even can beat them. I need like waaaaay more charges of everything it feels like.

Agh, I'm so close. Just this and the Kefka fight. Blaah.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3029 on: September 09, 2015, 11:48:03 AM »
It sounds like you're actually having fun with the game, but at the same time, it sounds like you're not having fun with the game.

FFRK: Golbez/Tellah banner is awesome, too bad after 4 pulls I couldn't get anything worthwhile from it and I'm out of Mythril. Sigh... I got much better luck from the Soul Breakfast, maybe I should have poured more mythril into that?

Tellah's weapon looks great though. Not only is it a mage weapon, his Soul Break is MP restoration, which is downright broken levels of good in a game like this. I am considering spending money on this game... >.>;;

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: September 09, 2015, 12:11:02 PM »
The lategame stuff has finally opened up and the cool stuff that everyone's been talking about have started to become apparent and that part is a lot of fun (Fuck that Lich though. I may or may not have made an ass of myself on the boat to school today and lost a pair of sunglasses overboard because of that fight.) Working on the Shiva/Ifrit EX fight is highlighting the sort of skillset and character tinkering that is where the game shines.

The FTP traps of "finish this now or wait until god knows when when the event re-release comes!" and stuff that made me uninstall the game that I've ranted about before all still suck and so yeah the game still sucks in those regards. That said, I'll probably be able to have fun with the game and be less stressed about grinding as much as possible once events for games I care about are over, and it becomes more about seeing if I can beat the fight or not rather than "If you don't beat this by Friday fuck you." Admittedly, part of this is me having uninstalled until there was an event that interested me and it wouldn't even have been a factor had I not uninstalled.

EDIT: Shivfrit down. Go go gadget S/R abuse and setting Battle Speed to 1. Blowing a mythril to recover and we'll see how the next one goes.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:45:34 PM by Makkotah »

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: September 09, 2015, 12:32:59 PM »
Yes, yes, if you had played something habitually that was actively causing you to lose sleep for 3 months instead of quitting you would be much better off.

FF Typo - I beat the boss that you fight on a bridge, this was also kind of scaled to be not level appropriate, but he was significantly easier to beat up on than giant fuck off dragon that one shots you, so whatever.  I didn't have the music on to see if it played a variation on the appropriate song.

I don't really know what you wanted me to comment on Setsuna's design DJ, I have more to say about the game insisting on spelling it Caetuna, but still clearly pronouncing it as Setsuna.  Does it somehow make it fancier if you transliterate it phonetically into the meaningful word in Japanese when you put the game out in English?  She dresses in the kind of dress that Chris Lightfellow's armor riffs on, but it is just a dress.  The knife accessory is pretty neat.

Oh and the dead body of Kurasame standing up doing his Spirit Bomb pose when she turns into a crystal flower was pretty hilarious.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: September 09, 2015, 12:47:50 PM »
Took another shot at Seifer and the Bloodhound Gang with Angel Wing Quake RW (100% aoe slow).  This went much smoother but I still lost 3 stars and thus the mastery.  Ah well.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: September 09, 2015, 01:05:30 PM »
FFtypo- Nine sucks because he is Dragoon,  BUT the second swing of his Up + Attack is a sweet slide on his knees while he spins his spear around over his head.  That's pretty metal.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: September 09, 2015, 01:31:49 PM »
I hear there is a duck clan that you can beat up.

Never, Ever Fuck With The Ducks.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: September 09, 2015, 01:40:25 PM »
Oh shit I need to try that.
Nine's physicals are pretty pathetic but his jump is so cool I try to use him often.

I dislike how the game forces you to use magic a lot of the time (More like Final Flantasy am i right), because we only have two slots (like in RK) and I'd rather use those cool unique abilities rather than boring magic.

Even if you give magic to one of your three PCs, one of your two non controlled PCs might be replaced by the japanese shadow army at random , so you end up with a group with no magic struggling against flans until the japanese shadow army kindly decides to gtfo. The japanese shadow army can be deactivated but if you do you stop getting japanese shadow army points. Which is bad.

Cinque is godawful on paper but everytime I use her I get amazing results. Does that happen to you?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 01:43:18 PM by Fenrir »

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: September 09, 2015, 01:51:59 PM »
Gourry have you played Duck Game? It's pretty good

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: September 09, 2015, 06:35:30 PM »
What are you saying? Ice magic is the best!
Spamming Blizzard spells is the second best thing to do than spamming King's physical.

BTW, I should mention the guy on the bridge has a super boss form later on.
I should also mention Kurasame's summon is Knights of the Round in the case when Setsuna is not doing her job.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: September 09, 2015, 07:03:09 PM »
Final Fantasy Autobattlin' On Every Door - I said I was kinda disappointed over getting the Rune Axe, but holy shit do I take that back. Oak Staff-level damage and the SB's sorta absurd for damage. It's even a viable weapon for his Combat/Support levels.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: September 09, 2015, 09:13:06 PM »
What are you saying? Ice magic is the best!
Spamming Blizzard spells is the second best thing to do than spamming King's physical.

BTW, I should mention the guy on the bridge has a super boss form later on.
I should also mention Kurasame's summon is Knights of the Round in the case when Setsuna is not doing her job.

Niu there are so many ways to break the game and magic has to be the most boring one
Also restoring MP is kind of a pain so far

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: September 09, 2015, 09:41:49 PM »
Cinque is godawful on paper but everytime I use her I get amazing results. Does that happen to you?

I've been trying to use everyone to try them out but I keep going back to Cinque, she just fucks shit up.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: September 09, 2015, 09:52:07 PM »
Final Fantasy Autobattle Song '89 - Currently slaving away at The Feymarch on Golbez event. Rune Axe is almost maxed, I cap-broke the man in black, life's pretty good. I'll save the rest of today's stamina for the next Soul Break phase, though.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: September 09, 2015, 10:46:49 PM »
I keep fucking up and saying/assigning Cinque instead of Cater.  Cater is amazing, Cinque only really works one you get her Flinchproof on her basic physical.  No step forward on that makes range on it weird.  Her back + Attack charging Swing probably has potential if I get used to the range, but it is so easy to get hit out of.  I would rather us Trey.  When she hits the thing dies though.

All the ranged characters have worst stats and are actually best in the game.

Blizzard is pretty nice, it's true, I have had some success with most magic.  I mostly run none and use King.  Let Queen, Rem, Ace or the like do it.  Flans have super easy Killsight though bro.  Walk up to their face, step back and to the side and swing as soon as they go to flop on you.  Instakillzzzzz.   Flans are pretty much why when doing some side stuff I unlocked King's second SPP gun.  You can easy farm Level 99 world map Flans.

Also RE: Cap and Cinque.  Well she is the most pantyshot member of the cast by a great magnitude.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: September 09, 2015, 11:38:50 PM »
Well with a normal FF0 character you often go Begin attack -> Enemy dodges -> Attack misses

With Cinque it goes Begin attack -> Enemy dodges -> Wait -> Wait -> Wait -> Enemy goes back into Cinque's range -> Attack hits for 100000 damage

Cater is indeed crazy good, in the last mission everybody died right away and I just finished everything with just Cinque and Carter. In fact as I type this I'm at the very end of the big bridge mission and everybody but those two are dead again. I think levelling everybody and letting the japanese shadow army take over really ruined my xp gain and everybody is way behind.

All the stuff in the ice-ish dungeon was suitably epic, and GLORY TO THE MILITESI EMPIRE

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: September 10, 2015, 01:12:19 AM »
Yes, Glory to the Militesi empiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

That behaviour with Cinque is really only with Supersoldiers and sometimes Infantry.  Everything else she is Swing, get hit in the face repeatedly, enemy dies and she has lost half her health (And she has lowest HP of meleeguys by far).  I generally prefer Jack in that slow but mad damage archetype because he slides around with dodge and then one shots shit super fast.  For everyone else, well that is why ranged characters are king.  They don't dodge roll around forever if you aren't in melee range and attacking.  King who is the real MVP honestly is the one who struggles with them most, but that's why you use a special attack or just hold down the button a bit longer.

Shadow army wrecks your XP curve.  I replay missions for SP (mostly to finish tasks), mostly Escape from the Imperial City because +100 HP on characters who are balanced by having low HP makes them OPOP.  needs more broken flutegirl.

Also meant to note with Magic, it is only really great on people that can regen Magic (so the ones I said all do that).  Rem's MP restoring orb move is great because it hits killsights and then she gets roughly 1 hundred billion infinities worth of MP.  Queen I honestly just have her use the HP-> MP move on AI because that way she is infinite healing battery (Have you worked out how to heal other characters like the AI does?).  Throwing Blizzard BOM on her is just gravy (because holy fuck it does like 3k damage at the tap of a button).

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: September 10, 2015, 03:14:09 AM »
Final Fantasy Wasn't Born To Autobattle - Yeah, three Golbez event dungeons still left to go because I went to clear more Soul Break Festival dungeons. I also did a 3-pull because why not attempt Sentinel's Grimoire or Garnet's excellently balanced Storm Staff?

I got Lightning's Blazefire Sabre. I could've used you back in the Lightning event, goddammit. Not complaining about a character SB weapon that's stronger at L20 than a Zantetsuken at L25, though. I DID need another good 5* sword. Having -five- character-unique SBs is kinda weird.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:43:18 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: September 10, 2015, 03:45:49 AM »
Final Fantasy Wasn't Born To Autobattle- Everybody betray me!  I fed up with this worl.

edit - I GUESS ITS FINE.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: September 10, 2015, 04:04:16 AM »
That was more the Rune Axe. I wanted Lightning's weapon, that's for sure, but I'm pretty anxious for more universal mage gear.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: September 10, 2015, 07:31:49 AM »
FF: Ah, Toe Bat. Lol - Wrapped up the SoM event and cleaned out the inventory in the item shop, minus the Major summon orbs because who cares. Lots of new orbs. Also fed Eiko and WoL eggs to Level 49. WoL is probably going to replace Cloud for the time being since I'm just using him for breaks anyway. After doing so, I went back and mastered the Lich fight. Mm, Earth orbs.

Orb Transmorphing and Ability dismantling were introduced in JP, so I could have taken my 50 some Normal Earth Orbs and made them into 5 big ones. Oh well, now I have mooooooore. I had plenty of smaller orbs I wasn't gonna used so I transmorphed some and honed up some more abilities. It ended up being pretty expensive gil-wise but I now have R2 Shellga, R2 Mental Break and an R3 Curaga. Should have the dark orbs for Quake after the level crystal fight. Unfortunately also have like 0 ice orbs of any flavor so R2 Waterja will have to wait.

Tried the fight against Kefka for Terra's Level crystal. Got a shitty draw on Friend summon so didn't expect to win, but yikes. Requires a lot of S/L abuse to make sure he doesn't just OHKO someone off before you even can get shell up, and then even more to make sure he doesn't just wipe out a party member by casting four MT spells in a row. Even with Two healers I couldn't keep up. Motherfucker can't be broken either, so Mmph. I may have to put the breaks on Quake to get R4 Comet just to have enough damage to knock the guy out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, he's vulnerable to slow. That'll help me not get overwhelmed, but will I have enough damage? I guess we'll see.

EDIT2: Yeaaaaaah, I can't win. I simply don't have enough damage. But apparently you get bonuses for continuing with a Mythril, and one of those is +2 charges to your abilities. OK time to just lose a lot and spend a bunch of mythril. I'm fine with this.

EDIT3: Welp had I known you could just blow mythril to get enough charges to win I wouldn't have blown those orbs on R4 Comet. Oh well.

It's done. I can finally stop caring. On the plus side, this happened, so, you know, worth it.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:51:40 AM by Makkotah »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3049 on: September 10, 2015, 11:19:49 AM »
That is, indeed, worth it.