imageRegister

Author Topic: What Games are you playing 2015?  (Read 194770 times)

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
Re: What Games are you playing 2015?
« Reply #2525 on: August 12, 2015, 07:05:56 AM »
apparently they included a run button in Rapture, but forgot to communicate it to players.  Whoops.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: August 12, 2015, 12:47:50 PM »
Final Fantasy Enigma Of The Autobattle - Still trudging along Lightning event. Coming back to Anima with high-powered setups after the struggles way back in the Vanille event is seven kinds of vindicating. I got Light's Memory Crystal and cap-broke her, so the remaining Greater Growth Eggs are now going straight to Sazh. I also honed Launch to R4 because eh why not, Intimidate to R4 because it's way too good when it's useful (and I'll need it in two battles for this event) and soon I'll have Thundaja R2, for all the good it'll do to me. I also mastered Vivi's Doublecast Venom, too. Only three dungeons left for the event.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: August 12, 2015, 04:31:04 PM »
Beat scizo. Lost three mefals. No mastery.

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuu
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: August 12, 2015, 07:30:14 PM »
Final Fantasy Autobattling Wounded - Dreadnought crushed under Lightning's heel. Paralysis vulnerability against R4 Intimidate just ain't pretty, he got a single turn in -two- fights. Now, only Odin left and god have mercy on my soul.

On other news, Launch honestly isn't a bad pure slugfesting move for what it is, 3* 2x mult physical is better than anything else at that rarity level. Double Cut obviously does better for Reta-meta, but for something you get as an event dungeon reward and actually isn't terribly demanding on orbs, that's a pretty legit filler move.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: August 12, 2015, 08:33:45 PM »
Yeah it's not bad. Not very exciting though. I'll not lose sleep over being too lazy to upgrade it. It's almost always better to prioritize breaks (which do ever so slightly less damage but lower stats) but it's still cool if you already have 4 kinds of breaks.

I have used cores extensively,  so I can rank them. Here you go:

1) Black mage: Can use Quake and Waterja. DAMAGE...? On a core? He can be put in the back row to have effectively the physical defense of like Edward on the front row? OP. Magic makes him very very dead though.

2) Gladiator: Is... Is that STATS? She's like halfway beetween a normal character and a normal core, stat-wise. And she can equip swords. Wow. GG

3) White Mage: Protectga and Shellga help her survive, Curaga is always good. That HP though. That HP.

4) Bard: Breakdowns and a good SB. No damage whatsoever

5) Red Mage: White magic 3 and Black magic 3. That... is bad. Still, he can hit a weakness with a -aga on one hand and have a Curaga on another (he's only going to use it on himself)

6) Summoner: We are getting into the very bad here. Congrats on summoner for having the worst durability in the game. He's, uh, a randoms sweeper I guess, especially with his RM. Hard to hype Carbuncle because using it means he could only heal through Kirin's regen. It's a death sentence.

7) Ninja: Ninja is only usable if you have a chakram so you can put him in the back row. Because he has Vivi-like physical defense. I also use the term "usable" loosely because his attack stat is still sub-Edward

8) Knight: Holy shit we found a knight less durable than Lufia 3 Randolph. When/If he gets a turn, he can use a sword, so that's at least something, I guess.

9) Hunter: Ranger is the Kimahri of the cores, he might not have the worst stats but he does no damage and has no skills. It was my favourite FF class :(
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:40:36 PM by Fenrir »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: August 12, 2015, 08:40:16 PM »
Yeah it's not bad. Not very exciting though. I'll not lose sleep over being too lazy to upgrade it. It's almost always better to prioritize breaks (which do ever so slightly less damage but lower stats) but it's still cool if you already have 4 kinds of breaks.

Oh, sure, breaks are overall better. At this juncture, though, I'm more or less moving away from breaks and towards breakdowns, since I have almost all of them at R2 (-will- have all of them at R2 once I get another Greater Non-Elemental Orb), and I found that having all of the breaks at R3 is more than good enough even if you don't prioritize breakdowns. At the current meta, mixing breaks and breakdowns is more or less ideal, though FFXIII Odin will require the breakdowns for any notable effect (as will Brynhildr. Break resistance is a dickbag).

EDIT:

Quote from: Fenny
Core characters are unsalvageable rubbish even if I try to make them work

Core characters exist mostly to drag down the stat averages and make Loserface look less bad. And enabling DeNa dick moves with tasty Record Materia sometimes.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:42:22 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: August 12, 2015, 08:43:06 PM »
Breakdowns are pretty good, but assuming already using a support for Magic / Physical Breakdown, I'd rather have a fighter character with R5 Mental / Armor Break than a second support character with even R3 Mental / Armor Breakdown, honestly.

I also do not believe the Thief skill > Breakdowns hype, since thief skills do no damage

I hope we get a Core character only dungeon or something, I'll be awesome with all my fucking useless level 50 cores

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: August 12, 2015, 08:52:23 PM »
Breakdowns are pretty good, but assuming already using a support for Magic / Physical Breakdown, I'd rather have a fighter character with R5 Mental / Armor Break than a second support character with even R3 Mental / Armor Breakdown, honestly.

On average, even on really durable enemies (as in, 200k+ HP), I've found that I don't -need- more than four charges of the breakdowns, as a rule of thumb, and breaks override breakdowns and vice-versa (i.e. bad ability juggling could leave you lowering your DPT/mitigation ability). If I -really- want more spammable damage, I'll honestly just use another mage instead. Of course, I -do- intend to get the breakdowns higher than R2 eventually, and I still use Armor/Mental Break as my prime combat unit filler move, but that's just how things go. Setups are so damn fluid in this game anyway.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:00:18 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: August 12, 2015, 09:12:50 PM »
Oh, the thing is, if you have R4/R5 breaks (which is pretty easy, I have both defense breaks at R5 and do not daily much), you don't really need to care about the exact time when you need to refresh the break status like you'd do with a support character. You just spam that shit during the entire battle instead.

This results in much higher damage dealt than with a second support. Another mage is also a worse option considering that with a mage, you're not keeping the enemy's def/mdef lowered throughout the entire batte.

Those combat 5 characters can actually be real good! They also make pretty amazing random sweepers.
I agree that having both the same breaks and breakdowns in the same battle is a bad idea (unless you're fighting Schizo or something) but again I'm not really fond of the idea of having 2 supports in the team for all 4 breakdowns anyway. Until we get enough orbs for multiple R4 breakdowns, at least.

But anyway. CORES. I'm hyped for the next ones. Dragon Knight? Mystic Knight? Dark Knight? Thief Knight? So much potential there
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:14:22 PM by Fenrir »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: August 12, 2015, 09:48:06 PM »
There'll be a Mystic Knight eventually! Who'll hand a Spellblade Spring RM even further down the road. Want.

Anyhow!

Final Fantasy The Sun Goes Down And The World Goes Autobattling - Lightning event -finished-, at least until the boss rush and deluxe boss battle show up. I swapped for a Reta-meta setup with Keepsake Knife Cloud and it worked pretty well: Reta/Quake for trash, use the second-to-last battle to put up Lunatic High and Shellga and Retaliate shenanigans, walk in with guns blazing against Odin. 94k HP honestly isn't much to chew through unless Odin uses Ullr's Shield, which he didn't get to use: 7k damage Pounds and Waterja (which nearly rams the cap post-Focus Magic) really tore into him. Now, to lull through dailies until the boss rush.

I also now have R2 Thundaja, but that's less important.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:50:17 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: August 12, 2015, 10:19:23 PM »
Gourry: I think it's a pretty safe bet that if a AAA studio implemented a timer that could make you permanently fail missions (autosave game, remember!) because you dicked around too much and didn't know any better, this effort would be met with a substantial amount of hate from series fans. This isn't a criticism of the idea so much as it is a prediction that no developer that already operates on objective vomit lines is inclined to alienate diehard fans by casually denying them 100% completion bragging rights.

(Souls games have done stuff like this on a very small scale, but I consider them to operate well outside the headspace of negative-connotation-AAA. I admit to not being a huge fan of the idea, because it always stings to realize you permanently missed something for reasons you didn't have any obvious grounds to anticipate, but I acknowledge that it's definitely not without memorable impact when it happens. For example, there's a reason I always murder Petrus in DkS1 while I ordinarily go out of way to avoid killing NPCs at all. It's certainly realistic for there to be unfortunate events that happen based on things beyond your reasonable ability to anticipate, for a given value of videogame realism, and god knows plenty of great turns in fiction are based on exactly that kind of dramatic irony, but it really does fly in the face of the kind of total control I imagine most gamers expect. That was probably your point, I expect. There's no stakes without consequences, etcetera.)

Anyway that whole rant's largely my list of complaints as well. Villains outside of the main baddie duo were completely wasted and impactless. Batmobile is absurdly destructive (and boring, and yeah I could not get an intuitive feel for the wall-driving at all) but it doesn't matter how much property damage you cause because scenery all regens when you turn your back. The city really is just power fantasy Batman's playground and they didn't really apply effort to make it more. I'm not sure if they weren't interested in trying or if they didn't even think about it, but I think the intro movie is just such a transparent means of setting exactly that up. Would Gotham really evacuate based on one threat from Scarecrow? Should we believe any civic authority capable of actually clearing out however many millions of people that quickly and no one actually complaining about being forced out of their home? The story starts out on a not very believable note and never works very hard to earn back a shred of credibility. I wanted to like Scarecrow more as a villain than I actually could. Wanted because it was welcome for D.C. to use someone other than Joker for once as the main antagonist--I often feel like they're so insecure that they just think audiences won't pay attention if he's not in everything. But the dude really fails at screen presence here and his plan makes no sense. What even is the plan? Did you want the chemical plant to blow up or was it acceptable for Batman to prevent that? Did you plan all along for the chemical plant to not blow up so you could blow up a bomb tank thing instead? You don't have to do either of those things to really undermine Batman's work. If you just want to personally prove that he's a failure because everyone who helps him suffers for doing so, that's a legit villain approach that I endorse as a dramatically worthwhile plan, but you really don't need all these crazy science toys to do it. It feels like either you have no attention span or the writers are just spinning their wheels.

It's not, like, a terrible game, because at the very least the core engine remains solid (although frankly after a couple years of playing way too much From games, my responses are so attuned to those games' controls that Batman handling feels a little like tank controls even outside of the car). It just so fails to do anything strikingly human. Even when Gordon's just casually like "Hi Bruce" to Batman, all I could do was shrug. There's a lamentable dearth of really memorable moments here. It was briefly pretty haunting when the gas bomb went off and Gotham turned into a vision of hell, but this was undercut by knowledge that everyone stuck in there was "scum or worse" and by slowwwww wheeeeeel turniiiiiiing. (Why did they do this twice.)

I'm not sure if the development team was tired of doing the same thing and this was just mercenary work, or if it was really the best they could do without a genuine storyteller on board to guide them. I said pretty much the same thing after Origins, but I'm surprised to find I consider that a better game just because it at least managed some nice boss fights.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:26:56 PM by El Cideon »

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: August 12, 2015, 10:57:00 PM »

I also do not believe the Thief skill > Breakdowns hype, since thief skills do no damage

Power Steal is supposedly +50% attack on the user, which translates to +107% damage if you stay under the soft cap. That makes up for the initial lack of damage and then some. Armor Steal I'll agree is not great, but then Armor Breakdown was already the worst of the Breakdowns so eh. At least Armor Steal helps with the gimmick of the 140 difficulty Rubicante in Edge's event if anyone here is still playing by then.

As for cores, I'm pretty sure the real reason we get so damned many of them is that somebody at Square is determined to to recycle -all- of the sprites from All the Bravest in a game that isn't universally despised.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #2537 on: August 13, 2015, 12:51:12 AM »
D.C.... they're so insecure

You figured out the secret of why DC does stupid things all the time.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2538 on: August 13, 2015, 03:41:02 AM »
As for cores, I'm pretty sure the real reason we get so damned many of them is that somebody at Square is determined to to recycle -all- of the sprites from All the Bravest in a game that isn't universally despised.

The real reason is because Djinn has 'gotta catch 'em all'.

Also, still excited for Thief meta, because it's the only thing the RNG has properly prepared me for. Goddamn I want a 5 star mage weapon... >.>;;

The only things I got going for me are Tidus' SB, Locke's SB, and a 6-star Tyro Sentinel's Grimoire weapon. So... yay? I don't have to use my Roaming Warrior on Tyro. Just a party slot and hope that loading him up with things like Carbuncle or Protectga or Intimidate will be worth it. I wish they'd give us Locke's level-break crystal already.

Reiska

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: August 13, 2015, 07:05:59 AM »
kay, haven't written one of these in a while

Fairy Fencer F - PC version's out, so I've been playing this.  Fairly fun little game.  Difficulty curve in the early game feels smoother than the Neptunia games, which is good, but it has the opposite problem, your PCs grow in strength notably faster than the enemies do for a while and everything gets really easy.  Using the World Shaping effect which is WP+50% and Damage x2 only compounds this; see, Damage x2 is intended by the designers to be a downside to that WP +50% (WP being basically FFF's equivalent of AP), but this is a game where your best combos/attacks are in the 2HKO damage range naturally.  So you tack on Damage x2 - it applies to both sides - and now you're OHKOing left and right.

Still fun, and apparently I'm right before a difficulty spike.  Good, game needs one right about now.  The game itself and its plot are fairly standard IF/Compile Heart fare.  It takes itself more seriously than Neptunia, but still not very seriously (to its benefit; the writing is probably around FF5 tier at best).  The characters are all standard anime tropes, although I at least was amused that it's the male lead that's the tsundere in this game.

All in all, charming little romp, but I'd say Neptunia Rebirth 2 was probably better so far.  Note that I consider Neptunia Rebirth 2 to be pretty much the best new JRPG I've played to completion this year thus far.  (This is less a statement on the quality of the game itself, although I feel it's a fairly solid 7/10 or so, and more a statement on how poor the competition is in my opinion.)

Tactics Ogre (PSP) - Replaying this.  Unlike my last replay, I'm not using the 2x skill advancement rate cheat.  I _am_ using the 100% crafting success cheat, though, just to save the time of saving and reloading a bunch.  Started from a clean file, playing Law route and generally trying to play a little more efficiently than previous runs.  One of the big discoveries I've made this run is that trying to use one of every class early on is a fantastic way to get yourself badly underleveled because of spreading the EXP too thin.  As such, the only hard battle in chapter 1 was rescuing Cistina, which is only worth the effort to save me having to World back to that battle later (I can instead just World back to Balmamusa and not have to replay half of chapter 1 to make Cistina alive again), because I'm doing law route.

Once crafting unlocks in chapter 2, I promptly sink all of my goth into crafting up a full set of Bronze Helm +1 and Linen Slops +1, as well as +1 ranged weapons for the archers and +1 basic crossbows for the people who can use them.  These will likely constitute the entirety of my crafting for a long time, because these particular pieces of gear last a long time.

Chapter 2 thus far has also been fairly uneventful, although I had some trouble keeping Xapan alive.  His battle marked the first time I broke from my all-generics team (bringing in a Cleric Canopus with a lobber to heal Xapan).  Specials will eventually feature in the team full time, I'm not doing an explicit challenge run or anything, though, aside from limiting myself to two actual archers for the early game. 

The loot system in this game is still really fucking stupid, there have been multiple battles where I've deliberately delayed killing a unit because there was no way I could prevent their item drops from being stolen, and at least one where I stalled killing the boss so I could kill more of his support.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: August 13, 2015, 08:01:37 AM »
Planet tree thing - Beat it.  Last third of the game or so had some tight scaling with needing to upgrade weapons (based on random farm points mostly) and/or levels to beat bosses.  Mostly so you can overcome regen/healing most bosses have.  Because everything heals just a slight boost to damage output translates to significantly shorter fights.  So I bailed out of a dungeon to power up a weapon a bit with something I needed from an earlier dungeon to beat a boss fight.  The trip out and some material gathering pretty much gave me 10 levels (which uh was a lot) and let me mostly power through the rest of the game easy.  The fight I needed to overcome was a boss fight with 5 old bosses I think completely unscaled.  The problem was the 2 later bosses who both had respectable MT damage that could just cleave down the team in 1 turn, the earlier boss could be one rounded with just a bit of a push for offense since she was notably low on durability even for the time.  Could have done it without powering up with some fine tuning of skill usage, but meh. 

Its alright, its just RPGmaker game.  There was no other point really as dumb as the Ice dungeon with Freeze thing.  Some of the ideas it played with were interesting little quirks and some of it is pretty well put together for RPG Maker.  It was also amusing to see issues we struggled with on Disquiet when we were working on it pop up in someone elses games.  The big one being, they don't use a strict turn based system, buffs and debufffs are super inconsistent at how long they last because once you break out of strict turn based what constitutes a "turn" is pretty wonky.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: August 13, 2015, 11:52:26 AM »

The real reason is because Djinn has 'gotta catch 'em all'.

Also, still excited for Thief meta, because it's the only thing the RNG has properly prepared me for. Goddamn I want a 5 star mage weapon... >.>;;

The only things I got going for me are Tidus' SB, Locke's SB, and a 6-star Tyro Sentinel's Grimoire weapon. So... yay? I don't have to use my Roaming Warrior on Tyro. Just a party slot and hope that loading him up with things like Carbuncle or Protectga or Intimidate will be worth it. I wish they'd give us Locke's level-break crystal already.

Holy crap, you have Sentinel's Grimoire. THAT SAID, Thief skills start showing up on Vaan & Ashe's event, shortly after the second SB celebration. Also, if you're hurting for mage weapons, the next few events will be pretty rich. Aerith reissue will come with her SB rod and a new unique mage hat, Eiko's event will bring back Vivi's Oak Staff and will also provide Eiko's hat, and, of course, Golbez/Tellah event will have tons of mage gear. There should be two dungeon updates in-between, so that's plenty of time to gather mythril as well. in fact, the very next update should be up today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Final Fantasy When You're Young And In Autobattle - White power (urgh) grinding day. Not much, got a couple Greater Power Orbs and honed Diara to R4. Also mastered Giant of Babil 2 in the meantime. Hopefully, I'll be able to R2 Diaga as soon as I get it on the Aerith reissue.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:18:17 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: August 13, 2015, 02:41:06 PM »
FF5 - Final dungeon time.

Wow, Dual Wield Bladeblitz is a nice move. Affected by row, but the remaining party's physicals wipe up basically everything Bladeblitz doesn't kill. Would be a good substitute for summon if you were restricting yourself against that but not the GBA classes for... well, whatever reason.

Unfortunately, Barehanded Berserker sucks lategame, primarily because you have to ditch Hermes's Sandals for the Kaiser Knuckle. Fortunately, Lenna's stint in knight gave her Twohand, which works nicely with the Masamune. That critical hit rate.

Otherwise, same as last time. Summon to clear out enemies, Mighty Guard and Spellblade to wreck bosses.  Going through mostly blind because with mimes and Freelancers I'm not really in danger of dying to normal things without exploiting status weakness gaps. Blitz blitz blitz.

The final dungeon's kind of a neat concept, with the designs of the floors copying previous areas of the game. The village area is a nice, if obtuse hint to the fact that this village exists if you hadn't FAQ'd its location.

I walk into Omega, not knowing it was Omega, and get one rounded. lol ok game. I'll be back for you later (re: probably never).

None of the bosses are particularly threatening or memorable nor do they have names I can remember without looking back at an FAQ. Azumagus could be pretty mean if you stumble on him and all your levels end in 5, but otherwise not too bad. The most memorable thing is the boss who frogs you turned Bartz into a frog, then Krile tried to cure him but couldn't because of the Aegis shield kept blocking Toad. So that was neat.

I get through to the end area and then Shinryu is a monster in a box. Yeah, fuck you too game. I die obviously and get sent back 15 minutes or so and yeah I'm done for the night, will probably wrap up the main game tomorrow then do the aftergame if I care enough. Probably not.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: August 13, 2015, 04:35:16 PM »
If you have someone using Sing or Mix it might even be worth using Hermes Sandals over Kaiser Knuckles just due to how good the damage scaling Level is on Barehanded.  You are going to hit damage cap easy enough anyway.  Or you could haste them with Mix if you want.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: August 13, 2015, 04:47:25 PM »
Hermes Sandals are still better than the Kaiser Knuckle, even without level buffing, because they block Stop, Slow, and Paralyze in addition to having Haste that persists even on revival (meaning you don't have to spend a turn casting it). Barehand simply isn't worth it late in the game.

I guess you can also just throw money.  Whee!

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: August 13, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »
I liked the FF5 GBA bonus dungeon well enough (it's better than the FF6 one, worse than the FF4 one) but you really need to be motivated to progress there, and you aren't. It is some kind of insane giant maze. Also I only soloed it so I don't know how it is with a full party.

RK: Okay Power Steal does sound awesome.

I really like going through event dungeons with terrible teams and seeing how far I get. This means a lot of stamina wasted, but it's more fun? Events get pretty dull otherwise Ex+++ fights.
I got White Mage and Knight through about half of the elite events, before not being able to handle their terribleness anymore.

Right now I'm still using Lightning/Sazh even though they haven't it level 40. Sazh's not too bad but Lightning is by far the weakest member of the team right now. I'm pairing both of them with the level 52ish Selphie/Quistis/Kain. I had to retry the entire stupid bird boss gauntlet 4 times before getting the mastery. I'm going straight to Odin afterwards, probably going to die.

FF13 music is very Unlimited SaGa like. I am assuming it's the same composer, but too lazy to check.
It's nice to enjoy this music without the usual FF13 bloat + nonsense, which is prevalent when playing FF13 even if you skip every cutscene. Also, the single thing I dislike the most about FF13 is the Donut Goblins, and they aren't here.

Speaking of Unlimited Saga, it was supposed to emulate board games but that's all BS? I realize just now that it has nothing but superficial resemblances to board games. You move a pawn instead of a character. You get to hear descriptions instead of directly seeing things. I guess the skill checks for things like swimming are vaguely board game-ish but that's a stretch. That's it? The battle system, skill/stat progression, cities, dungeons are absolutely not board game-like.
Essentially the board game part means they have just added massive immersion breakers. Very weird, very Kawazu
Still a cool game though

Edit: Reddit for this game sure brings a lot of schadenfreude
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3gvr1n/i_just_spent_300_dollars_omfg/
Hahahahahah

EOR: Genocide
I got Sherlock Holmes in my house so I don't have to deal with maid waifu's dialogue ever again. YAY
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:37:40 PM by Fenrir »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: August 13, 2015, 08:37:28 PM »

It would explain their abusive relationship with Zack Snyder. Honey, don't settle, you can do better.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: August 13, 2015, 08:48:57 PM »

It would explain their abusive relationship with Zack Snyder. Honey, don't settle, you can do better.

But c'mon, look at how much cash he made that one time for a movie about Spartan abs.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: August 13, 2015, 09:30:47 PM »
Bought a 4 pack of Magicite, which is pretty darn fun. Game doesn't even try to balance the options, so instead of looking at it like a traditional roguelike, which is basically a "puzzle", you really should just look at it as levels of difficulty, which makes sense for a platformer. Luckily, Magicite is both of those things.

Netplay is a BITCH. Even playing on my LAN I had to go adjust settings on my router. What's the goddamn point of that? How is this not integrated with Steam's online play?

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: August 14, 2015, 02:49:16 AM »
Yessssss Double Hit dropped from Mysidia Tower, part 2. No need to farm for it now.