Register

Author Topic: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!  (Read 129400 times)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!
« Reply #325 on: June 30, 2010, 03:40:48 AM »
Shadow Hearts:
Yuri Volte Hyuga: 10/10.
Alice Elliot: 6/10.
Zhuzhen Liu: 2/10.
Margarete Gertrude Zelle: 3/10.
Keith Valentine: 4/10.
Halley Brancket: 4/10.

Xenogears (on Foot):
Fei Fong Wong: 7.5/10
Elly Van Houten: 4/10
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 9/10
Bart Fatima: 5/10
Rico Banderas: 2/10
Billy Lee Black: 8/10
Maria Balthasar: 1/10
Chu-Chu: 1/10
Emeralda Kasim: 6.5/10
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 30, 2010, 03:51:02 AM »
I always felt like the balance in Xengears was even more rushed than the plot, and this is all just from vague recollection, but here goes:

Xenogears (on Foot):
Fei Fong Wong: 6/10
He's fairly mediocre, but since he's always in your team I never really noticed so much.  He gets the job done.

Elly Van Houten: 4/10.
Really weird skills/stats.  I didn't find her to be very useful, but she was better than some of the other weirdos you get in this game.

Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 10/10
I guess his broken-ness makes sense from a story perspective, but he really is overcentralizing.  Then they gave him a sword.

Bart Fatima: 4/10
He's OK, but nothing great.  Hate his attack animations.

Rico Banderas: 3/10
Boring extra fighter in a game where the main character is a boring fighter

Billy Lee Black: 8/10
I like Billy.  Very versatile, but not as ridiculous as Citan.

Maria Balthasar: 1/10
There's just no reason to use her at all.

Chu-Chu: 1/10
Same here.  At least her "gear" has debatable uses.

Emeralda Kasim: 6/10
She's better than a lot of the characters, but that's not saying much I suppose.  By the time you get her, foot combat is pretty much a moot point.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 30, 2010, 09:14:41 AM »
Shadow Hearts:
Yuri Volte Hyuga: 9. Yeah, really can't see him at the 10 that gets bandied around. His high point are solid, albeit non-broken stats, about 20% more damage than most of his cast the rest of the game, and some wicked disk 2 healing. Solid for sure, but not a 10.
Alice Elliot: 6.5
Zhuzhen Liu: 3. Slow and non-durable!
Margarete Gertrude Zelle: 4
Keith Valentine: 5
Halley Brancket: 5

Xenogears (on Foot):
Fei Fong Wong: 5.5 Eh. Hmm, speed is nice, durability is solid. Damage...though. 3rd lowest a good chunk of the game, I think!
Elly Van Houten: 6. This is kind of a gut. My gut reaction is that Lunar Rod=instant win against a hell of a lot! Speed holds her back.
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 9.5. Better than Yuri!
Bart Fatima:  5. Has some neat tricks at least.
Rico Banderas: 2. Horrid, horrid speed. If his defense buff worked, he'd be better.
Billy Lee Black: 8.5
Maria Balthasar: 0. Being the best mage would better if magic wasn't designed to kill things with like 5 HP!
Chu-Chu: 0. Best healing mult, being magic mults, some kind of weird innate crisis boost to physicals...off of shit durability, speed, and attack stats!
Emeralda Kasim: 6. Solid physicals off that killer base speed.
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 30, 2010, 03:15:31 PM »
Shadow Hearts:
Yuri Volte Hyuga: 9/10
Alice Elliot: 7/10 - CT baits~
Zhuzhen Liu: 4.5/10
Margarete Gertrude Zelle: 5/10
Keith Valentine: 6/10
Halley Brancket: 6.5/10
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 30, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »
Fei Fong Wong: 8- Becides Citan, Fei is easily second best (well, becides maybe Billy, who comes much later) Is fairly fast and hits hard
Elly Van Houten: 6- okay, Whats wierd is that one time she was doing close to Fei for damage when she had less attack. Still cant go wrong with Elly, except her speed.
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 10- Fastest, strongest and can make himself faster? Also starts with way more HP than everyone? Can we say "Broken"
Bart Fatima:  5-Hes useful with Wild Smile, and wasnt a burden
Rico Banderas: 3- Well forced for one dungeon, strong but slow and inaccurate, not the worst though
Billy Lee Black: 8- Excellent Healer, I never really understood guns, sometimes they did massive damage and sometimes hardly any at all (and no I wasnt using the elemental one)
Maria Balthasar: 1- Puny
Chu-Chu: 1- Puny
Emeralda Kasim: 6- See Elly, only faster and comes later. So worth the same score.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 30, 2010, 09:00:10 PM »
Billy Lee Black: 8- Excellent Healer, I never really understood guns, sometimes they did massive damage and sometimes hardly any at all (and no I wasnt using the elemental one)

Yeah, I remember seeing that as well. I think "bullet" or whatever may have been it's own element that things had resistance/weakness to? Since iirc, they were at least fairly reliable about doing the same damage to the same things, be it really good or really bad. Hell if I know enough about XG mechanics to guess beyond that.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 01, 2010, 08:34:05 PM »
Shadow Hearts:
Yuri Volte Hyuga: 9.5/10.  Yeah, ridiculously broken, but not quite 10/10 material.  The main thing that stands out to me is that for the first half of the game, he's really not THAT broken; oh, clear game best PC with little to no flaws, make no mistake, but he didn't really stand out as OMG HAX!!! until the 2nd half.
Alice Elliot: 7/10.  Competent Healer, though damage could use work.
Zhuzhen Liu: 3.5/10.  I seem to recall he had a nice high damage move in Asia, and was your only real source of MT damage in Asia too!  Pity that's about all he has going for him.
Margarete Gertrude Zelle: 4/10.  Generic Item Girl; has alright speed and durability, and a scan move, that's about it.
Keith Valentine: 4.5/10.  Margarete with better durability, worse speed, Life Drain move that lets him do damage and heal himself at the same time, thus speeds battles up slightly!  Oh, and awesome SP, which means you spend less time healing it.
Halley Brancket:  4/10.  Another Item boy.

Xenogears (on Foot):
Fei Fong Wong: 7/10.  Non-stellar main, though, it is a point in his favor that he does have a level edge a good part of the time, which makes him a little better in practice.
Elly Van Houten: 6/10.  I remember her physical damage being better than Fei's at times, notably in Solaris, and she did have MT damage, if it wasn't reliable.
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 9.5/10.  Yeah, really all he's missing is his MT Healing that can be used on consecutive turns.  Otherwise, he's just plain wrong.
Bart Fatima: 4/10.  Wild Smile is pretty cool.  Its also like his only real thing he has going for him.
Rico Banderas: 3/10.  Hey look! Text Book Slow Tank! Except Citan and Fei match him in durability, and unlike them, he's slow as fuck.  Also his damage isn't that special.
Billy Lee Black: 8/10.  Good Healer/support character who has good damage too.  Just a text book example of a very solid, though not exceptional, PC.
Maria Balthasar: 2/10.  Mage Rico or something! Which means she has his problems *AND* crappy durability, whoo!
Chu-Chu: 1/10.  But I believe Chu-chu was even worse!  And no, the "CAN BE TWINKED!" logic does not apply to On-foot Chuchu, before someone tries to come in hyping that; every On-Foot PC can benefit from Drive Twinking and Chu-chu has LESS potential than they do, so the logic just kind of fails horribly.
Emeralda Kasim: 6/10.  Struggle to give her higher due to availability.  Not only does she join late, but its after a point where the game really emphasizes on Gear fights, IIRC, so I can't realistically give her much higher I feel.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 03, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »
Shadow Hearts:

Yuri Volte Hyuga: 9.5/10. Yuri just doesn't justify a 10 to me, but he's absolutely retarded: starts out as your best PC, being your only buffer, your main offense and having the best random-busting stats in the earlygame - oh and he's a good healer too. Then, midgame kicks in and he turns into the only person with MT OHKO damage to randoms -alongside having all the things he had beforehand-. Running off game-best speed -anyway-. Then Sandalphon kicks in and he's your best healer until Alice gets her good healing spells. Then he gets Amon and then Seraphic Radiance and... yeah, just absolutely insane. Yuri could very well solo the game, and, in practice, SH1 is pretty much Yuri+Alice challenge run. You just don't even notice the challenge.
Alice Elliot: 6.5/10. She's the only other PC who truly matters. The fact she can dedicate herself to healing, healing and healing while Yuri kills the universe basically trivializes everything -ever-. She does take her sweet time learning the good healing stuff, though, so she obviously can't be all that good - the fact Sandalphon Yuri is obviously a stronger healer than she is for a fair amount of time tells us something here. Still, she's the only non-Yuri PC that matters.
Zhuzhen Liu: 3/10. Non-Yuri/Alice PCs exist solely to be warm bodies and item caddies. Zhuzhen is the worst of them, having game-worst speed and durability. BUTBUTBUT SKILLSET yeah no skillset sucks.
Margarete Gertrude Zelle: 4/10. Balanced stat spread for item girl purposes. Skillset fails beyond belief, but who cares.
Keith Valentine: 4/10. Balanced stat spread for item boy purposes, but less speed than Margarete. Skillset has theoretical uses, but fails in practice and who cares.
Halley Brancket: 4.5/10. Fastest item boy, but frailer than both Margie and Keith. Best skillset of the four, which actually kinda means something because Halley's ST healing is better than Alice's for a short while, but besides that who cares.

I largely agree with the ratings Snow has given. Zhuzhen is quite clearly the worst, and everyone else's skillset matters so very little past a certain point sans Alice because Yuri exists. So yeah, C+P works. 

Fei Fong Wong: 6/10. Above average sums him up pretty well. Good speed and maintains a decent offensive lead too due to getting the most screen time to build deathblows. His other skills aren't too good past that, and Yamikei is pretty much a non factor for way too long of the game, if any at all.
Elly Van Houten: 5/10. Speed is a primary issue. Durability too, for all that XG on foot randoms are around as scary as a wet paper bag. Having good weaponry bumps her up.
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 9.5/10. Ridiculously silly. Game best speed, and a very solid skill set along with non-fail damage and decent enough time to build Death blows would've been enough. Then of course the game decides, no, that isn't enough and gives him a freaking sword to boot.
Bart Fatima: 4/10. Wild Smile, yeah. Past that, like Elly isn't a terrible choice to use, but doesn't have any real compelling reason to be placed into the party.
Rico Banderas: 2/10. Rico had a conglomerate of problems, like even worse speed than Elly (I think), not terribly stellar defense, and his offense suffered accuracy issues due to the entire "immunes grappling DBs" thing. Oh, and his skillset is terrible too.
Billy Lee Black: 8/10. Yeeeeeah. Snow pretty much sums it up. Starting with MT full healing and the only person that can repeatedly do so without taking an extra turn to prepare for it would already be pretty good. Then he also has MT status healing and XG Haste. I recall his Ether guns being powered up by EtherDoublers too, which also means his offense remains solid, leaving the only real problem being the low speed.
Maria Balthasar: 1/10. Haha. No Deathblows, terrible stats. Winnar
Chu-Chu: 0/10. Unless you are OK, there is pretty much never a reason to place her into the party for on-foot battles ever. Being a pure project that requires you to GRIND FOR DRIVES is FFT Mime level worthy failure.
Emeralda Kasim: 7/10. Nice speed, decent offense. Enough for a 7 anyway.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 04, 2010, 01:31:12 AM »
Shadow Hearts:
Yuri Volte Hyuga: 9.53
Alice Elliot:  6.53
Zhuzhen Liu: 3.08
Margarete Gertrude Zelle: 3.92
Keith Valentine: 4.58
Halley Brancket: 4.46

Xenogears (on Foot):
Fei Fong Wong: 6.62
Elly Van Houten: 4.92
Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau: 9.46
Bart Fatima: 4.38
Rico Banderas: 2.72
Billy Lee Black: 7.81
Maria Balthasar: 1.00
Chu-Chu: 0.85
Emeralda Kasim: 6.46

Best Rating of this Session: Yuri w/ 9.53
Worst Rating of this session: Chu-chu w/ 0.85

Top 10 Ratings:
1. Yuna (FFX) 9.80
2. Yuri Volte Hyuga (SH1) 9.53
3. Hyuga "Citan Uzuki" Ricdeau (XG) 9.46
4. Cecilia Lynn Adlehyde (WA1) 9.20
5. Haar (FE10) 9.17
6. Reyson (FE10) 9.11
7. Lenneth Valkyrie (VP(:L)) 9.02
8. Ephraim (FE8) 9.01
9. Elincia (FE10) 8.85
10. Tibarn (FE10) 8.83

Top 10 Failures:
1. Karla (FE7) 0.77
2. Chu-chu (XG) 0.85
3. Maria Balthasar (XG) 1.00
4. Douglas (FE6) 1.10
5. Astrid (FE10) 1.20
6. Lyre (FE10) 1.28
7. Yunno (FE6) 1.35
8. Garret (FE6) 1.36
9. Mogu (BoF) 1.50
10. Noel Chandler (SO2) 1.55

I would just like to note that you are all lazy bastards and should form your OWN DAMN OPINIONS! NOt...that I can force them upon you or anything...actually, the method of laziness administered for the Shadow Hearts cast I'm completely ambivalent of, but you're all still lazy bastards!

(Translation: I really don't care; just observing and being silly, don't mind me!)

That said...

Legend of Dragoon:
Kongol:
Rose:
Meru:
Haschel:
Albert Serdio:
Dart:
Miranda:

Xenogears (Gears):
Welltall(-2)/Xenogears:
Vierge:
Heimdall/Fenrir:
Brigandier/Andvari:
(El-)Stier:
(El-)Renmazuo:
Seibzehn:
Mega Chu-chu:
Crescens:

NOTE: I'm doing this for simplicity sake.  So when you see "Albert Serdio", assume that does include Lavitz, since they are functionally the same character.  No technicalities and what not, think of them as the same.  Naturally, Miranda and Shana get the same treatment.
ALSO, because of the screwed up character replacement nonsense here, I have decided that LoD's order will be COMPLETELY ARBITRARY rather than the usual "order is determined by appearance" or Alphabetical order.

NOTE 2: Gears are listed in same order as their on foot PCs, in case you forget who gets what, just refer back to the On Foot list, and adapt accordingly.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 02:45:11 AM by Meeplelard »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 04, 2010, 03:07:32 AM »
Legend of Dragoon:
Kongol: Clear LVP.  Has no speed or any worthwhile tricks to speak of.  1/10
Rose: Good early, but trails off some later on.  Still, early LoD is the hardest part, I think?  Gets her extra points.  7/10
Meru: The start is just too hard to ignore, really, but hey, speed is nice and she can itemwhore and the shit durability matters all of never.  5/10
Haschel: Fastish and hits pretty hard.  Not much to say other than I wish you could punt Dart for him.  5/10
Albert Serdio: Good damage early and Rose Storm is a nice trick.  Past that eh.  4/10
Dart: Utterly bland and lacking in any tricks.  Needed to not be forced.  3/10
Miranda: More fast itemwhoring, but with more availability and WSD is cool.  Edit: Eh, sure, limited inventory hurts but it can be worked around, and LoD items are that damn good.  7/10

Xenogears (Gears):

Blanket abstention.  I barely remember Gear performance and I don't care enough to rack my brain for some arbitrary numbers that may be significantly off base.

Welltall(-2)/Xenogears:
Vierge:
Heimdall/Fenrir:
Brigandier/Andvari:
(El-)Stier:
(El-)Renmazuo:
Seibzehn:
Mega Chu-chu:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 09:33:31 PM by Random Consonant »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 04, 2010, 03:54:47 AM »
Legend of Dragoon:
Kongol: 2/10. HP is nice! The rest is so bad.
Rose: 7/10. Nice offense, durability could be better.
Meru: 5/10. Didn't find her impreessive till late when I did try her out.
Haschel: 6.5/10- Would be in the running for MVP if he had one less addition.
Albert Serdio: 7.5/10. Dominates most of the game, Gust of Wind dance is stupid and Rose Storm is very good as well.
Dart: 5/10- He's at least durable. That is useful.
Miranda: Abstain.

Xenogears (Gears):
Welltall(-2)/Xenogears: 8/10. Always good.
Vierge: 9.5/10. Loses half a point for the obscure setup, but man. Aerods destroy the world.
Heimdall/Fenrir: 5/10. Felt pretty average.
Brigandier/Andvari: 6/10
(El-)Stier: 3/10. Still too slow, Rico.
(El-)Renmazuo: 6/10- I guess.
Seibzehn:- Didn't use.
Mega Chu-chu:- 1/10- die
Crescens:- Abstain
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 04, 2010, 04:30:34 AM »
LoD doesn't exist.

Xenogears (Gears):
Welltall(-2)/Xenogears: 7/10. Does stuff, always there.  Gear fights suck
Vierge: 8/10. Awesome when she is there and then gone for the most gear intensive section of the game.  Gear fights suck.
Heimdall/Fenrir: 5/10. Above average speed?  Maybe?
Brigandier/Andvari: 4/10.  Using it means using Bart.  No.
(El-)Stier: 4/10. Better than Rico and speed hurts less in gear fights.  Still blows and gear fights suck
(El-)Renmazuo: 8/10 Aerods destroys the world, on the other hand Renmazou can destroy bosses by shooting his dad at people with the same setup and also do about 4kish damage at the cost of 20 fuel for randoms.  Ranmazuo is broken and you just don't know it.  Availablity and competition with Vierge is its only really downside.  OH and it isn't MT, boohoo.
Seibzehn: 4/10 Means using Maria.  No.
Mega Chu-chu: 2/10  Has theoretical use so gets 4/10.  Means using Chu-Chu so loses 2 points
Crescens: 5/10  You should probably use Crescens because the other options are kind of horrible and you should be using Elly.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 05, 2010, 02:23:40 AM »
Legend of Dragoon:
Kongol: 2/10. Man, this is a winner. Kongol sports the -worst- stat combo anyone could possibly have in LoD: horrible speed/magic/magic defense. To make matters worse, his damage is even -bad-. gj.
Rose: 7/10. Very solid throughout. Learning her best addition early is cool, her Dragoon form is solid and she has pretty decent stats where it matters most. HP is a problem, though. Also, a bit of a Jeigan, since she loses value later.
Meru: 6/10. That disc-long rut where she has no Dragoon form and her additions fail is pretty bad. However, high magic and game-best speed go a long way long-term, and her Dragoon form is badass. Her addition damage is even solid enough due to the nutsy mults.
Haschel: 5/10. Solid physical stats, but magic is -the- way to go in LoD. Still decent, since he lacks true statistical ruts besides magic, and the physical offense covers that fairly decently.
Albert Serdio: 5.5/10. If you get Gust of Wind Dance early, he gets the game's strongest physical damage for quite a while. Speed is very problematic, though - unlike Haschel, whose speed covers the magical lack okay enough due to good physicals, Albert's longer term offense openly suffers there. Not sure I care much about Rose Storm either, LoD enemies are almost universally poor at offense for most of the game, and the only ones who -do- have offense have to deal with the fact your healing no longer completely sucks.
Dart: 4/10. Agh average to below average in all stats that matter.
Miranda: 7.5/10. Fast and your best mage, she utterly owns randoms with proper item usage. Also your first healer. Building her Dragoon magic (which you want) being counterproductive to winning randoms hurts her a bit, though, so I can't justify an 8.

Xenogears (Gears):

Welltall(-2)/Xenogears: 8/10. Weltall has solid stats and Weltall 2's System ID is great. Then, there's Xenogears, who smashes the world.
Vierge: 8.5/10. The stats are also great and the Aerods twinking is -nuts-. Loses points for the obscurity, though.
Heimdall/Fenrir: 5/10. Um. Heimdall sucks. Fortunately, Fenrir doesn't, but you have to cope with Heimdall for a long time.
Brigandier/Andvari: 3/10. Um.
(El-)Stier: 3/10. AGH 7 XG SPEED AGH MISSING TRIANGLE ATTACKS
(El-)Renmazuo: 5.5/10. Ether gun twinking is very nice. Very limited otherwise, though.
Seibzehn: 6/10. It falls off later, but Seibzehn gets to enjoy a fairly long edge in stats and durability over most gears when it joins, and it's still a notably better Stier even by the lategame.
Mega Chu-chu: 1/10. Worthless. Drive twinking can bite me.
Crescens: 6/10. Fast is good. Can play a poor man's Vierge role in the endgame, but that's not too impressive, just okay. The physical offense could be better.

God, XG gears fail at making me care.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:37:52 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 05, 2010, 03:46:15 AM »
Legend of Dragoon:
Kongol: 3/10 Granted, I never finished the game, but I was on disc 3 and used everyone. Tank. Tanks are useful sometimes
Rose: 7/10 Jeigan is a good summary of Rose. I used her alot
Meru: 8/10 Magic and physical damage. Fastest character. Only weakness is HP.
Haschel: 7/10 He was pretty fast and damaging
Albert Serdio: 6/10 Good early on at least
Dart: 7/10 All around average and the only one who I could time his additions 100% of the time. He gets points for that
Miranda: 5/10 No damage, but excelent healer. I usually just used Meru when I needed a mage, since Meru has physical damage too.

Xenogears (Gears):
Welltall(-2)/Xenogears: 10/10 I seem to remember an auto infinity mode option.
Vierge: 8/10 Would be a 9, but you cant use her much
Heimdall/Fenrir: 5/10 okay, really meh
Brigandier/Andvari: 5/10 See Heimdal
(El-)Stier: 5/10 TANK! I might over rate tanks. But I like them
(El-)Renmazuo: 6/10 Guns are nice
Seibzehn: 7/10 Really tanky and strong.
Mega Chu-chu: 5/10 I actually used her quite a bit. Since she has the only gear heal move, and she helped against the fuel draining section of the final boss. I didnt really use that many drives either.
Crescens: 9/10 Fastest gear. I'm pretty sure Crescens has a secret damage boost. Simlar to Vierge, only can be used endgame.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #339 on: July 05, 2010, 03:50:38 AM »
Legend of Dragoon:
Kongol: 3/10.  You can use Kongol (Legend Casque is broke, y'see).  there's just no compelling reason to.  It seems they systematically made him be the exact opposite of Meru (high attack stat with no mults behind it, shit speed, def vs mdef) then forgot to design the game in a balanced way so that both builds had use.
Rose: 6/10.  Gets the job done.  Astral Drain is a nice niche in the early going, and the game goes out of its way to compensate her poor growths in the late game to ensure she never drops off.
Meru: 8/10.  Best character in the game.  The fact that she's quite usable initially, when she has no dragoon form, no good additions, and no way to cover her fraility says much.
Haschel: 6/10.  He's alright.  Not really bad at anything.
Albert Serdio: 5/10.  He starts off pretty good (super early access to high end additions, his second spell is nifty) but the game apparently doesn't like him so he just... doesn't have any damage later one, and defense isn't what you need.
Dart: 5/10.  There's a strangely high number of enemies he nails weakness on, so he's actually always useful despite the statistical weakness.
Miranda: 7/10.  Good stuff.  The fact that she can't do anything physically, rather than just taking a while to get going, makes her feel worse than Meru to me.

Xenogears (Gears):
Welltall(-2)/Xenogears: 7/10.  Never bad, smashtastic for disc 2.  That said, while System Id really is a bit broken, Xenogears is more of a crutch;  a good setup will kill Deus before it's special properties have a chance to kick in, but if you don't have good setups it'll smash more or less on its own.  Waffling between a 7 and an 8 overall, aiming low for now.
Vierge: 8/10.  Broke, but a pain in the butt to set up.  You either have to not spend any money in the early game or go nearly an hour out of your way to get the critical piece of the puzzle.  So sure, dock a point for that.
Heimdall/Fenrir: 6/10.  Heimdall fails to impress, but less because it's useless than because it just doesn't do anything Weltall (1) can't, and you already have to use Weltall.
Brigandier/Andvari: 4/10.  Wild Smile is an awesome skill and it's easy to forget how good it is (especially if you set up for evade), but that's all Bart's gears have.  EVERYTHING else they do is worse than Weltall, our baseline.
(El-)Stier: 5/10.  The shitty speed hurts less in gears (universal Haste skill and the enemies aren't any faster to compensate), and his power boost is a noticable boon over other folks (he likes to OHKO weaker enemies everyone else takes two turns with).  At the least, he's always better than Brigandier and Heimdall.
(El-)Renmazuo: 8/10.  When you first get Billy, there's this stretch of the game (lasting through Shevat stuff) where his square attack is the most damaging thing you have besides Aerods (I think enemy Edef is piss poor here).  So he's actually pretty good even if you don't give him the Elly setup.  He's not as good at it, obviously, but since he's functional without that we'll give them the same score.
Seibzehn: 7/10.  #17 you could never ever upgrade and she'd still be a viable endgame unit.  8 speed is unfortunate, but yeah, smashes the fuck out of a portion of the game and is never truly bad.
Mega Chu-chu: 3/10.  Point for crazy person twinking potential, I guess.  She's actually a good healer type, but the actual healing is weaker than you might like.  And of course she can't attack.  Period.  Even if you drug up her attack she won't hit anything (the speed IS salvagable, though never good; speed rings carry over for her)
Crescens: 7/10.  13 base speed means she's very flexible.  Has the stats to use the ether setup if you want (not as well as Billy or Elly, due to not having any Special Option attacks), of you can just abuse her HASTED CITAN LEVEL SPEED and use her regular attacks.  Either way really.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 05, 2010, 11:08:53 PM »
Xenogears (Gears):

Welltall(-2)/Xenogears: 8/10.
Vierge: 7/10.
Heimdall/Fenrir: 5/10.
Brigandier/Andvari: 3/10.
(El-)Stier: 2/10.
(El-)Renmazuo: 4/10.
Seibzehn: 6/10.
Mega Chu-chu: 1/10.
Crescens: 6/10.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:21:04 AM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 05, 2010, 11:20:25 PM »
Legend of Dragoon:
Kongol: 3. Hmm, thinking on this, I feel like 2 is probably the range for someone that I feel is flat out too much of a liability. Kongol is usuable, but the niche he's designed for just is not useful in game.
Rose: 6. Hmm, better Mdur and speed than Albert, but for so much of the game  he has this massive damage advantage. Felt about even to me usewise, I think.
Meru: 7. Speeeed+good magic+picks up solid physicals at the end+easy to cover her weak point. Of course, takes the longest to get going.
Haschel: 7. Best combo of speed and durability.
Albert Serdio: 6. Hmm, running generally at 2x damage to 1.5x damage for a disk and a half is pretty bad ass.
Dart: 5.5. Slight points dock for being locked in game where much of a the time he may not even be the 4th best person! That said, he's generally servicable, doesn't have any major defensive flaws.
Miranda: 7. Needing the item spaces to do any damage holds her back, as does lack of physical damage, but the best magic score and having her only competition take until disk 3 to get her dragoon item makes her use veerry solid.

Tightly curved cast.
...into the nightfall.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #342 on: July 06, 2010, 11:00:36 PM »
Legend of Dragoon:
Kongol: 3 - Slowtastic, but still usable at least.
Rose: 7 - Earlygame crutch, where it matters most. Never really becomes bad.
Meru: 7 - Best endgame character, but takes forever to get her there.
Haschel: 6 - Better Dart.
Albert Serdio: 6 - Good earlygame, kinda hard to use at endgame.
Dart: 5 - Average from start to finish, gains a point for hitting weakness a lot, loses a point for being forced and not letting me use better people.
Miranda: 6.5 - WSD is nice, but late, and she's too frail early one.

Xenogears (Gears):
Welltall(-2)/Xenogears: 7/10.  Never bad, smashtastic for disc 2.  That said, while System Id really is a bit broken, Xenogears is more of a crutch;  a good setup will kill Deus before it's special properties have a chance to kick in, but if you don't have good setups it'll smash more or less on its own.  Waffling between a 7 and an 8 overall, aiming low for now.
Vierge: 8/10.  Broke, but a pain in the butt to set up.  You either have to not spend any money in the early game or go nearly an hour out of your way to get the critical piece of the puzzle.  So sure, dock a point for that.
Heimdall/Fenrir: 6/10.  Heimdall fails to impress, but less because it's useless than because it just doesn't do anything Weltall (1) can't, and you already have to use Weltall.
Brigandier/Andvari: 4/10.  Wild Smile is an awesome skill and it's easy to forget how good it is (especially if you set up for evade), but that's all Bart's gears have.  EVERYTHING else they do is worse than Weltall, our baseline.
(El-)Stier: 5/10.  The shitty speed hurts less in gears (universal Haste skill and the enemies aren't any faster to compensate), and his power boost is a noticable boon over other folks (he likes to OHKO weaker enemies everyone else takes two turns with).  At the least, he's always better than Brigandier and Heimdall.
(El-)Renmazuo: 8/10.  When you first get Billy, there's this stretch of the game (lasting through Shevat stuff) where his square attack is the most damaging thing you have besides Aerods (I think enemy Edef is piss poor here).  So he's actually pretty good even if you don't give him the Elly setup.  He's not as good at it, obviously, but since he's functional without that we'll give them the same score.
Seibzehn: 7/10.  #17 you could never ever upgrade and she'd still be a viable endgame unit.  8 speed is unfortunate, but yeah, smashes the fuck out of a portion of the game and is never truly bad.
Mega Chu-chu: 3/10.  Point for crazy person twinking potential, I guess.  She's actually a good healer type, but the actual healing is weaker than you might like.  And of course she can't attack.  Period.  Even if you drug up her attack she won't hit anything (the speed IS salvagable, though never good; speed rings carry over for her)
Crescens: 7/10.  13 base speed means she's very flexible.  Has the stats to use the ether setup if you want (not as well as Billy or Elly, due to not having any Special Option attacks), of you can just abuse her HASTED CITAN LEVEL SPEED and use her regular attacks.  Either way really.

CK covers it quite nicely. He knows his XG.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 06, 2010, 11:28:41 PM »
Legend of Dragoon:
Kongol: 2/10. I can't think why you'd use him over Albert, and using both is for people who hate getting turns and surviving any of the game's plentiful boss mages.
Rose: 8/10. Always felt like a fairly clear MVP to me. God stats upon join, gets her final addition fast, decent speed and magic, good spells (drain/fear/death are all good). Never really dominant, but yeah.
Meru: 6/10. I think? Speed's nice, as is the magic attack. A bit shaky for a while early, though.
Haschel: 5/10. Borderline needs addition grinding (he has way too many of them and a lot of them suck) but is pretty good once you get past that.
Albert Serdio: 5/10. Is quite cool for a while on Disc 2, but then his damage never gets better ever and he's always 10 speed below any other non-Kongol PC with suspect durability.
Dart: 5/10. Haschel with less speed but more durability and a better element. Even more scrub deathblows to cut through, but his non-final ones are generally better I think (midgame Crash Dance has quite a lot of oomph).
Miranda: 7/10. Game-best magic is awesome, as are the dragoon spells, as is the gross mdur (way better than anyone else in quite a few boss fights). On the other hand, can't do too much in randoms beyond grind for SP (until Psyche Bomb X). At least it takes less time than grinding additions, and she can toss an attack item in a pinch.

Xenogears (Gears):
Welltall(-2)/Xenogears: 8/10. System Id and Xenogears in general are both gross. Easily MVP for me once you get those.
Vierge: Abstain.
Heimdall/Fenrir: 6/10. Fenrir's pretty cool, Heimdal's a little underwhelming but at least he's not slow.
Brigandier/Andvari: 4/10. Two points for Wild Smile, one for being the second best PC briefly after you get Andvari. Otherwise, all-around scrub.
(El-)Stier: 3/10. A bit confused by the "bad speed hurts less in gears" thing, it's harder to fix there!
(El-)Renmazuo: 5/10. The ether gun comment is pretty spot on. Too bad Renmazuo kinda sucks otherwise.
Seibzehn: 6/10. Midgame smash.
Mega Chu-chu: 2/10. Point for twinking potential, but blargh.
Crescens: 7/10. Fast and no real weaknesses (well, HP could be better) to compensate for this.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 07, 2010, 03:14:46 AM »
Xenogears (Gears):
Welltall(-2)/Xenogears: 8/10. Bog standard Weltall is around a 6 or a 7. Not terribly impressive, but like his pilot, plenty servicable and gets the job done while being well balanced all around. Weltall-2 of course, has System Id, which is THE best special option sans Aerods I want to say. Xenogears is your free beat-game button thanks to 99% Hyper mode. Those two are probably around 9s or so. Averaging the scores out makes this around a 8.
Vierge: 8/10. Aerods are retardedly awesome. The set up is definitely obscure - the Ether Doubler costs close to 40k AND you have to go out of the way to get it. And if you miss it, there's only like one other one the game gives you. On top of that, she's not even around for the last stretch of the game. Otherwise, there really is nothing else to say. Good speed, and the ether spells compliment Aerods if you actually run out of fuel.
Heimdall/Fenrir: 5/10. Fenrir's badass. Heimdal...not so much. You're stuck with him for a while, but yeah, what NEB said.
Brigandier/Andvari: 4/10. Pretty bad. Wild Smile gives him brownie points though (you need it to win against those super bosses!) and Andvari gets time as a Jeigan of sorts when his stats are much superior to everyone else's
(El-)Stier: 4/10. *7* XG speed? Jesus. Thankfully, there are some truths to the fuel efficiency thing with Stier, although its pretty much for all the wrong reasons and nothing to really write home about. He DOES recover more HP just because his max is higher, although relatively, heals for the same amount. And he also does have enough power to one shot weaker enemies that others sometimes take longer to kill, so his damage/fuel looks better. He can also fit more gear accessories without being weighed down, but at 7 XG speed if he did, his gear would be pretty much flat out unusable instead of just below average.
(El-)Renmazuo: 5.5/10. Stats aren't terribly impressive. Billy's main selling point are the Ether guns which has already been mentioned. Dealing around 4k damage a pop at the cost of -20- fuel when some characters need level 2 deathblows to do that is immensely cool
Seibzehn: 7/10. It's like Stier, but gets a significant longer portion midgame where it outshines everyone and is a better Stier either way. Oh yeah, SHE HAS DEATHBLOWS !!!11!
Mega Chu-chu: 1/10. I actually question the only remote use you could have of her when untwinked as Gear healing to me is usually not worth the tradeoff of that extra accessory option.
Crescens: 7/10. She can use an Ether twink build pretty well too (9k damage to Deus? 6-7k to everything else in the final dungeon? YES). Elemental means of course you have to take care, but pretty beastly when set up. HP is sorta low and the speed in practice is probably lower as Crescens has a low weight limit threashold before being weighed down, but she's very solid otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:16:56 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 09, 2010, 08:53:57 PM »
Legend of Dragoon:
Kongol: 2/10. Um, yeah, the exact kind of stat spread that LoD does not compliment, Kongol has, and he has nothing to make up for it.
Rose: 7.5/10.  Generally, see Elfboy, though a little less respect for her spells overall.
Meru: 6/10.  Yeah, great once she gets going, but she takes actual time to get going.
Haschel: 6/10.  A physical fighter with Good Speed!? HOLY CRAP!
Albert Serdio: 5/10.  Gust of Wind Dance is an awesome Addition for most of the game, and Rose Storm is something he has to make up for his magic defense (unlike Kongol who has nothing), however, he still has a lot of Kongol's issues otherwise, if less pronounced.
Dart: 4/10. Rarely is there a main character who feels like a hinderance being forced into your team; Dart is one of those.  Average in most ways without standing out in anything, and many a time I wanted to punt him for someone else cause they could do what he did while filling other niches.
Miranda: 7/10.  Meru who requires less effort to get going, and better at some of the things Meru specialized in anyway!

Xenogears (Gears):
Welltall(-2)/Xenogears: 8/10.  Weltall is decent enough, if nothing special on Disc 1, but the Disc 2 performance of Weltall-2 and Xenogears cannot be ignored at all.  I'd give it higher if that latter performance was a larger percentage of the game.
Vierge: 6/10.  Good Twink Build, but not much else.
Heimdall/Fenrir: 4/10.  The opposite of Weltall I feel, in that the stand out part is the longer section of the game.  The issue?  Heimdall stands out as being "Suck"; Fenrir's decent at least.
Brigandier/Andvari: 4/10.  Wild Smile is good, as is being one of the best Gears you have for a brief period of time (Right when you get Andvari), but otherwise, yeah, crappy.
(El-)Stier: 3/10.  Rico in a Mech, awwww yeah?
(El-)Renmazuo: 5/10.  The Ether Gun thing is cool, otherwise, nothing special.
Seibzehn: 6/10.  Kicks ass when you first get it, remains competent and pretty much always better than Stier throughout most of the game.
Mega Chu-chu: 1/10.  The twinking potential means I can't realistically give her a 0 *shakes fist*
Crescens: 7/10.  Good "Mage" Gear and what not.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 10, 2010, 12:17:02 AM »
Legend of Dragoon: Been way too long since I played. May come back to this
Kongol: 
Rose: 
Meru:
Haschel:
Albert Serdio:
Dart:
Miranda:

Xenogears (Gears):
Welltall(-2)/Xenogears: 8/10 Does the job as Welltall, then blows shit sky high as the others.
Vierge: Abstain. Played XG before I had internet, thus never knew about her broked setup. Vierge didn't much impress without it.
Heimdall/Fenrir: 6/10. Heimdall never felt THAT bad, and Fenrir is good enough to bring the score up.
Brigandier/Andvari: 5/10. Wild Smile or something. Felt average enough.
(El-)Stier: 2/10. I tried using it. I really did. Wasn't a good idea.
(El-)Renmazuo: 7/10. Yeah I noticed Ether Guns carving things up.
Seibzehn: 7/10. It's Seibzhen, does the job, does it well.
Mega Chu-chu: 2/10. Yeah, I'd coinflip which between El-Stier and Mega Chu-chu I'd use. Neither's contributing enough to be noticable anwyay.
Crescens: 6/10. Just as good as Renmazuo, less availability docking a point? Sure, sounds about right.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 10, 2010, 02:21:48 AM »
Legend of Dragoon:
Kongol:  4/10 - Hits hard when he first joins and is especially scary if you pick up his dragoon early from the Black Market - Kongol + Attack Badge + D Special + Auto D Addition = bringing the pain. Doesn't last long and the over all horrendous mixture of terrible speed, magic offence and magic defence results in a bottom end PC who has very low ratability in the long run all things considered. Poor spell selection too (probably the worst of the dragoon sets) The one other thing that he has going for him apart from early game strength is tanking as he boasts tremendous high DEF and tremendous HP. I suppose that's nice but it would have been better for him if most enemies in this hadn't been magic orientated, they don't hit DEF and shred through the HP in no time.

Rose: 6/10 - Definitely MVP for disc one at least. Rules supreme (unless you train Shana like mad for D levels once you get the White Silver spirit) Impressive stats across the board leading to both very good physical and very good magical offence running at above average speed for the time. With the equipment from Shirley's Shrine and a Cape from Lohan Rose is a real unholy terror. Rose + MAG twink + D Special + Astral Drain for veery nice. Rose also fills a nice on disc one as an item tosser too. However though Astral Drain especially twinked is very nice early on I never found much use for Rose's other spells. Instant Death and Fear are nice but they don't work on most bosses (not that I know of anyway) and randoms are for addition building or outright nuking. However I suppose it's still there if you want to abuse it for randoms and something to think about. Fear working on bosses would have been very nice though. I just think Rose's spell set is more of a DL thing overall. Her dragon summon is one of the weakest in the long run too. Moving on getting a final addition early is also a perk in Rose's favour but by that point Albert's giving her a run for her money at the same time, Shana's getting spells and is faster and then the even
faster Meru joins. By that point Meru and Shana have Tiaras (Meru even join with one) to augment their item throwing and Rose's niche has been served. Unless you've trained to get her dragon early by the time Meru joins Rose becomes surpassed by the other girls for magics. However this by no means saying that Rose becomes bad or unusable at this point. She's still solid overall especially with physicals/Demon's Dance. She's a great character
for disc 1/2. By disc three though when Meru's picking up spells Rose's worth falls sharply. Magic is more powerful and Sharanda/Meru are nuking things left right and center. Stuff like W Silver dragon and Freezing Ring/Blue Sea Dragon with stat up/down item abuse completely obliberate addition damage with the same. Dragoons also getting a damage boost from Special also contributes to that. Rose's rather lacking weapon selection on the later discs doesn't help matters, in short Rose is one of the best characters for the first two discs but probably one of the worse for the second two and it's only when she gets DB that things start picking up for her again. Second strongest physical damage is niice and makes her a fine choice for the final in a purely physical orientated team =-)
Sorry for the rather length explanation here, I just felt that it deserved one since Rose is by no means Kongol bad and although I do feel her worth drops in the end she does that that awesme start. Sorry if I went overboard *^_^*  

Meru: 8/10

Haschel: 8/10 - Hestitated a bit over this but Destroyer Mace really is something else.
That, physicals in general off one off the highest speeds (+best of out of the guys) in the game combined with higher ATK than Meru, no elemental weaknesses and the fact that he actually ends up the third most powerful with magic (dragon summon) at higher levels makes the package. Does some surprising damage under the right conditions with magic early on as well despite the girls having the higher MAG stat Haschel's spell modifiers and his element basically never hitting resistance helps him out. Not that he's better than them just that he has better magic offence in his own right that you're led to believe at first. The only thing is that his dragoon spell set lacks variety.

Albert Serdio: 6.5/10 - See Rose except more physically dominant, has a better weapon pool disc 3/4 (DB aside) and Blossom/Rose Storm. Starts off worse (given that magic damage usually does more damage than additions even early on where both Rose and Shana can abuse item spells to outperform them) but ends up slightly better overall I think. Snow makes a good point about Rose Storm but it does excel on the rare occassions where it does see use - i.e it makes Albert one of the best characters for the Faust fight. That and that unlike
Miranda and Haschel he can utilise elemental protection from dragoon armour vs Faust elemental counters thingy (the other two can't pick on their armours until the Moon) Rose Storm is also worth mentioning for the Lenus fights I guess (mainly if you're not using any of the girls but yeah) Surprisingly the Jade dragoon is also fairly solid at magic, at least when hitting weakness. Lavitz can put out some nasty damage vs Kongol and the other wind weak bosses on disc one bosses if he has Gaspless and Gaspless can really do a number against the likes of Grand Jewel and Belzac later as well. Despite the speed/MDef woes Albert makes up with it with sheer disc two dominance off his pros and even though Meru/Haschel eventually surpass him he still remains a solid choice on the later discs. Maybe not worth using overall for the final but definitely for Faust and the other optional bosses/etc.

Dart: 7/10 - Divine Cannon being the strongest spell in the game saves him from being merely average or worse. Before that at least there's a lot of fire weak enemies/bosses in the game to abuse his magics against! Also his speed isn't outright bad and his physicals are usually solid to good especially once he gets the Soul Eater (where he can be twinked for some really nice damage)

Miranda: 7.5/10-  Lack of additions and Meru having more powerful dragoon magics prevents her from getting an eight. Hard to believe but she actually ends up only fourth best at damage with dragoon magic at higher levels. I'd like to comment on her pros more but other people have covered them and I have to go now. Maybe later.

Rest later.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 04:29:09 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 10, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »
Hm, I really disagree with Haschel > Rose. You say lightning can never hit resistance; this isn't true (lightning elemental enemies resist it). What it never does is hit weakness, so yeah, I kinda think of it as pretty bad. At least dark spells smash light elements in the face, although that's probably the rarest enemy type. More importantly, Rose has a large lead in magic stat, so when it comes to tossing items in, she does much better. Haschel does get a higher multiplier, but this only applies to dragoon magic.

Also, Rose has a large advantage in physicals, because she actually gets her final addition in a reasonable length of time. Haschel has to make 400 attacks instead of 240 to unlock his final addition, and he gets a later start on doing this since he joins near the end of disc 1. Several of those attacks really suck (one is locked at 100% multiplier, two more give 15 and 20 SP at all levels). I guess Haschel takes a lead in physicals once he masters all his additions, but that's probably going to be very late, and he loses that when Rose gets the Dragon Buster (granted, only for one battle, but hey). Destroyer Mace is hilarious but you only have it for a few extra fights compared to the Dragon Buster, so it doesn't really matter either.

Haschel does have an edge in durability, although it's pretty negligible on the magic front (varies based on level) and mdur is what matters, so yeah, not too impressed there. He also wins by 5 speed, but I don't think that's enough to overturn Rose's other advantages.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 10, 2010, 08:57:34 PM »
Mdur difference is Haschel's 95ish vs Rose's 120ish at endgame, and is probably the biggest difference. I generally wouldn't use Rose as a magic item user anyways thanks to the highly limited inventory. Addition building is probably valid though (I was just thinking that if you use someone all the time, it's incredibly easy to master all their additions).
...into the nightfall.