Author Topic: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!  (Read 129370 times)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!
« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2010, 07:05:14 AM »
Skies of Arcadia (Legends):
Rankings for Skies are screwy because every character except Gilder and Drachma has broken stuff that upend your average turn-based RPG.  Also this is for the DC version.
Vyse: 7.  Can't give him any lower than this, since he's fast, chops up ST randoms, and tends to be the main damage dealer against bosses with Cutlass Fury and later Pirate's Wrath or Prophecy.  Decent tank too!  Yet still theoretically replaceable and not quite broken.
Aika: 9.  Spamming Delta Shield can cheese out lots of bosses, so I didn't do it, but even igoring that...  fast item-girl is fantastic in a game with broken items.  Fast Alpha Storm / Lambda Burst wipes out randoms for the first 3/4 of the game - few random survive 2 Lambda Bursts.  And then there's Swirlmerang, which you can get sillily fast in the DC version and ives her a better attack than Vyse with confusion attached, and is still okay later!  Insane.
Drachma: 5.  Tank.  Slow tank, and Tackle's animation kind of sucks and is SP-intensive, but hey.
Fina: 6.  Yes, she has no damage, and yes she's a mage in a game where magic is awful, and yes she can die easily.  But.  Her support stuff is great-to-broken.  Lunar Cleansing just completely mocks status (not that status is THAT common) and Lunar Light is about the most broken ability I've seen ever be infinitely spammable.  Basically, if you have 24 SP reserved in the tank and Fina alive, it's hard to lose (Lunar Light has initiative!).
Gilder: 5.  Gunslinger is pretty powerful and hits a big range, actually competing decently with Aika for random-clearer title.  Good stats, but yeah, Gunslinger is kind of all he has.
Enrique: 7.  Much like Fina, there's only so low a score someone with Justice Shield can get, except his stats are better.

Fire Emblem Fliers (Hawks Included!):

Florina: 6?
Fiora: 6?  Florina got a bit behind, so being able to switch into Fiora at a nice higher level was convenient.
Heath: 4?  Seemed okay.
Farina: ?
Vaida: 3.  Yeah, too easy to get doubled by magic and die as a PC.

Vanessa: 5?  Didn't use.
Tana: 9.  Ephraim on a flying horsey.
Cormag: 6.  Cormag was usable enough.  Coulda used more speed but whatever.
Syrene: 3.  Uh passable emergency replacement flyer I guess.

Marcia(9): ?  Didn't really use.
Jill(9): 9.  Fantastic.  My kill leader along with Boyd.  She just had great stats everywhere and would single-handedly go slaughter reinforcements.
Janaff(9): 2.
Tanith(9): 8.  Not quite as broken as Jill, but Sonic Sword gives versatility, and Reinforce is good times (especially if you're having a difficult time).
Ulki(9): 2.
Haar(9): 5.  Haar was behind Jill in level for me?  That may be because Jill slurped blood like a starved vampire, but he was definitely behind in stats at least.
Tibarn(9): ? DNR.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2010, 05:09:38 PM »
Vyse: 8. Damage lynchpin (Sure, Drachma could also be one, although his needs a little more SP). Still, theoretical replacability from Drachma exists, but 8 feels right..
Aika: 8. Speed+Random Clearing+Delta Shield
Drachma: 8. Spirit Charge is great for powering Vyse up.
Fina: 3. Some of her support skills are neat if you are in trouble, but with Aika/Enrique, how are you really getting into trouble?
Gilder: 4. Severly underwhelming. No real damage option you care about, Aura of Denial...eh, has it's uses (Against that one battle against the 3 girls who have status on their physicals I think). But if it's magical status, Aika owns it far better.
Enrique: 8. Yeah, halving physicals each turn is badass.

Needless to say, very segmented cast! Vyse/Aika/Drachma/Enrique all feel great enough to deserve an 8. Gilder and Fina just do not have the techs to play with the rest of the cast (Fina might if SoA items weren't so stupid. Gilder...would flat out need Delta Shield to not exist though).

Burp - Copying Dhyer for the SoAL part.

Thany: 6/10. Requires a bit of babying early, but is a good mage killer and your only flying option for a good while. 
Tate: 3/10. Yeah no.
Miredy: 8/10. Quite good.
Zeiss: 4/10. Usable, but comes just a little too late for me.
Yunno: 1/10. Yeah, NO.

Florina: 8/10. Like Thany, has some survivability problems early. Unlike Thany, she turns into a fairly reliable smasher of everything.
Fiora: 8/10. I find her fairly interchangable with Florina to be honest.
Heath: 5/10. Not bad, but not good either.
Farina: 5/10. She'd be an 8 as well, but Hector mode only + that late + the money all lose her a point each.
Vaida: 5/10. Not bad for a late prepromo. Usable at least.

Vanessa: 7/10. Great supports, very helpful early, is still easily replaced by Tana.
Tana: 9/10. Really insanely good.
Cormag: 6.5/10. Gets an 8 on Eph route, gets a 5 on Eir route. Averages out to 6.5
Syrene: 1/10. Yeah no.

Marcia(9): 7/10. Quite useful, but for some reason I don't want to give her an 8 or higher. Can't remember why though. Been awhile since I played FE9 I suppose.
Jill(9): 7/10. Always felt pretty interchangable with Marcia, so.
Janaff(9): 2/10. Ew, FE9 hawks.
Tanith(9): 7/10. An interesting unit at the very least. And quite good for a prepromo.
Ulki(9): 2/10. Ew, FE9 hawks.
Haar(9): 5/10. See Vaida, really.
Tibarn(9): 8/10. Dominating, but last map only, etc.

Jill(10): 7/10. Still good but not dominating. Lifesaver in Part 1 at points, though.
Marcia(10):
Haar(10): 10/10. Haar is nuts, no two ways about it.
Janaff(10): 8/10. Woah FE10 haxhawks
Ulki(10): 8/10. Woah FE10 haxhawks
Sigrun:
Tanith(10):
Tibarn(10): 9/10. It's Tibarn, he's a monster.

I know I used them at points but I can't remember for the life of me how good the FE10 peggies were right now. Unit overload or something, I dunno.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2010, 05:33:07 PM »
Jill(10): 9/10
Marcia(10): 3/10
Haar(10): 9/10
Janaff(10): 8/10
Ulki(10): 8/10
Sigrun: 2/10
Tanith(10): 2/10
Tibarn(10): 8/10

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2010, 03:17:47 AM »
Vyse: 8/10.  Yeah, good on all fronts you need him to be.
Aika: 7/10.  Not sold on the Lambda Burst Hype cause twinking magic for Pyr- spells does the exact same thing, and fore less SP (MP is laughable resource in SoA), though Delta Shield and game best speed are handy.
Drachma: 7/10.  Awesome Tank, Spirit Charge is awesome, and Hand of Fate is like a Pirate's Wrath supplement.  That said, lack of usage holds him back from being higher.
Fina: 4/10. Not as bad as people state, but there's nothing really unique she can do until later, and the big awesome moves...are kind of meaningless when the scariest you see enemies do is offset by the game's broken item set, she ends up using most of her turns just tossing said items *OR* using Focus.
Gilder: 4/10.  Aura of Denial is useless since Delta Shield covers everything remotely care worthy, all he has is basically AoE Cutlass Fury, and that's not enough to give him a purpose.  He does, however, have significantly more durability than Fina, so...we'll say that offsets the lack of usage, yeah, that works!
Enrique: 8/10.  Justice Shield.  He could have nothing else and his worth would be justified.

Thany: 6/10.  Passable Flier, if nothing really special.
Tate: 3/10.  Less than passable flier.
Miredy: 8.5/10.  Ok, now we're talking!
Zeiss: 3.5/10. About as good as Miredy...when he catches up.  Thing is, he joins like 4 chapters later, 3 levels lower, so catching up isn't happening.
Yunno: 1/10.  Not only does she suck, getting her robs you of...Dayan...whose slightly better! ...yeah, bad argument, Yunno still sucks though.

Florina: 7.5/10.  Ah, now THAT"S more like it, as far as Peg Knight's go; half a point for that ridiculously early Lyn Support that compliments both characters well.
Fiora: 7/10.  Florina variation, about equal I feel but lacks the Lyn support.
Heath: 3/10. Zeiss in a game with better competition.
Farina: 3/10.  Good on paper, but...not worth the recruitment cost, requires playing catch up and she's Hector Mode only to boot.
Vaida: 4/10.  Passable filler if you really need it.

Vanessa: 6/10. Works for what she is, but I was never too impressed.
Tana: 9/10.  HER, now, on the otherhand, just kicks ass across the board.
Cormag: 7/10.  Miredy in a game with better competition; this translates a lot better than Zeiss in a game with better competition of course!
Syrene: 1.5/10.  Really bad, I give her half a point cause I feel she's at lest better than Yunno.

Marcia(9): 7/10. Textbook example of what Peg Knights should be.
Jill(9): 8/10.  Ok, fuck Cormag, THIS is Miredy in a game with better competition.
Janaff(9): 2/10.  Garbage; useful for getting the Knight Ring, and that's about it.  A flier who joins when you have 3 and lacks the usual flight advantages like, say, Canto.
Tanith(9): 6.5/10.  Solid enough, but nothing special; Reinforce is pretty bitching though, so half a point for that.
Ulki(9): 2/10. Janaff's equally crappy counterpart!
Haar(9): 4/10.  Hey look, its the Zeiss type, except actually joins properly leveled!  Pity he's still nothing special.
Tibarn(9): 7/10.  I'm not sure if I can credit him for Chapter 29 or not, since he's an allied unit...but otherwise, he's like the other two; kicks ass, but for one map only.

Jill(10): 8.5/10.  Really good on all fronts; she's such a major crutch to the Dawn Brigade, its not even funny, being the ONLY Flier (sans short points with Vika), one of the only mounted characters (The other being garbage), *AND* one of the most durable characters among the group, you really end up relying on her a lot.
Marcia(10): 7/10.  Lack of usability holds her back, and she does join a bit underleveled, so she does feel worse than the other 2 Falcon Knights.  That said, she's still good at what she does.
Haar(10): 9/10.  Yeah, pretty absurd; though, like was said, late game his speed does hold him back offensively a bit, so he's more just a steady Mobile Tank that late, not that this is a bad thing.
Janaff(10): 8.5/10.  The only flaws he really has is starting with A Rank Strike, which limits his offense for a while, and Laguz do have to watch their gauge.  Other than that?  Kicks ass on all fronts.
Ulki(10): 8.5/10.  ...see Janaff.  The Two Hawks got upgrades on par with the likes of SHinon and Elincia, but damn did they need it!
Sigrun: 6/10.  Servicable Flier, who joins right when Fliers are really handy.  Being so close to Tier 3 makes her become a good unit to use during Part 4 where you're using a lot of units, given Tier 3 Promotions have awesome gains (and Stun.)
Tanith(10): 6/10.  Sigrun whose worse earlier, but better later, it evens out.
Tibarn(10): 9/10.  Oh look, he's even better in this game, and now joins for an amount of time that can actually be considered measurable enough to gain a genuine score!  He also happens to be a leader in 2 of those chapters, giving you a sexy 4 star Leadership bonus.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 12, 2010, 09:39:30 PM »
Vyse: 7.5
Aika: 8.57
Drachma: 6.25
Fina: 4.4
Gilder: 4.72
Enrique: 7.38

Thany: 6.21
Tate: 3.1
Miredy: 8.3
Zeiss: 4.00
Yunno: 1.35

Florina: 6.89
Fiora: 6.92
Heath: 4.11
Farina: 3.25
Vaida: 3.73

Vanessa: 6.57
Tana: 8.73
Cormag: 6.30
Syrene: 2.31

Marcia(9): 7.65
Jill(9): 7.82
Janaff(9): 2.85
Tanith(9): 7.08
Ulki(9): 2.50
Haar(9): 5.42
Tibarn(9): 7.1

Jill(10): 7.92
Marcia(10): 6.5
Haar(10): 9.17
Janaff(10): 7.5
Ulki(10): 7.55
Sigrun: 4.25
Tanith(10): 4.5
Tibarn(10): 8.83

Best Rating of this session: Haar(10) w/ 9.17
Worst rating of this session: Yunno w/ 1.35

Ok, might as well poll you guys so...
I'm thinking of, after we finish FE (Just cause its a good point to start something new), I'll bold cast specific bests, and italicize cast worsts specifically (while the Session Best/Worsts listed normally), just so people can see the comparisons against their own casts.  Thoughts on this?  I'm unsure if I'll apply it to other oversized casts (Suikodens and CC), so just assume this is the case for casts done in singular sessions.

THAT SAID, ONWARDS!

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete:
Alex Noah:
Luna:
Ramus:
Laike:
Nash Rumack:
Jessica De'Alkirk:
Mia Ausa:
Ghaleon:
Kyle:
Tempest:

Fire Emblem Sages, Druids and Dragons:
Lugh:
Lilina:
Ray:
Sophia:
Hugh:
Niime:

Erk:
Canas:
Pent:
Nino:

Lute:
Saleh:
Ewan:
Knoll:

Soren(9):
Illyana(9):
Tormod(9):
Calill(9):
Bastian(9):
Ena(9):
Nasir(9):

Illyana(10):
Tormod(10):
Calill(10):
Soren(10):
Pelleas:
Bastian(10):
Ena(10):
Kurthnaga:
Gareth:
Nasir(10):

Note: Like with Wild ARMs, for Lunar, vote SPECIFICALLY on the SSSC forms.  IOWs, Lunar Legends or any other variant does not apply here, due to how there are dramatic changes in games.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:16:20 AM by Meeplelard »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 13, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »

Alex Noah: 8/10. Pretty solidly the best PC in the game.
Luna: 3/10. healed a little?
Ramus: 3/10. Only useful for like two dungeons, then just cannon fodder.
Laike: DNR
Nash Rumack: 3/10. Did not find his status to be useful at all.
Jessica De'Alkirk: 7/10. Good healer.
Mia Ausa: 6/10. Ice shell and good damage.
Ghaleon: DNR
Kyle: 4/10. Mostly there.
Tempest: DNR

Erk: 5/10. He's okay enough.
Canas: 3.5/10. Dark books suck outside of the rare uniques, and his averagish stat spread does not help matters. He is also pretty slow in practice due to being weighed down.
Pent: 7/10. No complaints.
Nino: 1/10 go away

Lute: Skip for now.
Saleh: 4.5/10. Bland filler, but works in a pinch.
Ewan: 1/10 GO AWAY
Knoll: 2/10 FE8 mages were not great outside of Lute.

Soren(9): 3/10- Mage tombs are terrible in FE9 due to the way forging works, his durability is ass and is nerfed massively in both concrete and evasion compared to GBA mages, and his only good defensive stat is completely useless thanks to enemies mages blowing.
llyana(9): 1/10- 15% defense growth? 30% speed growth? Get out.
Tormod(9): 4/10. Best of the mages, but joins underleveled and a bit later than the first two. Has a useful skill at least, though the supports could be better.
Calill(9): 3/10. Probably better than soren, but joins so late. Blah.
Bastian(9): 1.5/10. IS STILL BETTER THAN ILYANA
Ena(9): 1/10. Laguz who joins at the last second and who isn't a royal. blah.  
Nasir(9): 1/10 See Ena.

Illyana(10): 4/10. Even if she is utterly useless for the rest of the game, she still helps you get through a couple of very tough maps.
Tormod(10): 3/10. Good for a couple of maps, then nothing.
Calill(10): 7/10. What the fuck? A FE9-10 mage with speed, damage, and staves?! YAY
Soren(10): 3/10. Still frail, still completely outdone by most of the units in his group, still not that fast. Get out.
Pelleas: Pass for obvious reasons
Bastian(10):
Ena(10):
Kurthnaga:
Gareth:
Nasir(10):
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 05:30:59 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 13, 2010, 01:41:44 AM »
Alex Noah: 9.2/10.  Overall just an excellent character.  Offense, defense, support...stats are also great, and the slightly bad MP can be fixed later.  Yeah.
Luna:
Ramus: 4/10.  No skillset, no stats...but early enough that just having the character is enough.
Laike: 9.8/10.  Dominates his path...except for a single enemy he can't kill at all.  Fail, ultimate warrior >_>
Nash Rumack: 7.4/10.  The speed and status are awesome.  When status fails, he's fast with full-screen damage, and can make awesome use of Ghaleon's Tear+Starlight Bow.  
Jessica De'Alkirk: 7.1/10.  Heals.  
Mia Ausa: 6.1/10.  Screen-clearing, support spells are good.  Speed could use some work, but...eh, it's enough.
Ghaleon: 10/10.  Dominates the part you have him.
Kyle: 5.3/10.  Just kind of there...LVP of the final group definitely.  Offense is decent, at least.
Tempest: 4/10.  Good stats, skillset sucks.

Lugh: Who?
Lilina: 9.7/10.  Single-handedly destroys the game.
Ray: What?
Sophia: 9.1/10.  Rough start compared to Lilina...but really turns out well.  And is the only one that can use the Dark Tomes, so...
Hugh: Blah?
Niime: Potato!

Erk: 7/10.  Mages are good.
Canas: 8.9/10.  Only Dark Mage, practically.  Also pretty awesome overall on stats.
Pent: 6.5/10.  Decent, but really, the other mages are better.
Nino: 9.4/10.  Ends up really awesome, and is easy to build.  

Lute: 9.1/10.  Great, although has competition!
Saleh: 5/10.  Uh...usable.
Ewan: 8/10.  Ends up very good!  Just...bleh.  Too much competition, really.
Knoll: 8.1/10.  Good!  Only practical Dark Mage as well!  Just that the overall competition is stronger and more plentiful.

Soren(9): 6.7/10.  Remember the mages being decent, but Soren lacking in a few areas like strength.  Fast, and has Adept, though.  So ends up being decent.
Illyana(9): 6.4/10.  Speed is decent, strength is just enough...bleh.  Overall not that amazing.
Tormod(9): 7.2/10.  Probably the best.  The mages are all kind of close.
Calill(9): 6/10.  Eh....
Bastian(9): 5/10.  KNIVES!!!!  More strength than Soren, at least.
Ena(9): 6/10.  Needed them a bit longer.
Nasir(9): 6/10.  As above.

Illyana(10): 5/10.  Sucks...but helps the DB, which can only get you so bad >_>
Tormod(10): 6.6/10.  Helps DB...but damn the comeback!
Calill(10): 6/10.  Good!  At least serviceable, but compared to the rest of the group?  Would get a better score in the DB >_>
Soren(10): 6.6/10.  Eh...Better, but worse?
Pelleas: 6.5/10.  Screw replay-only >_>  Good otherwise!  Only dark mage is nice.
Bastian(10): 6.6/10.  Works as a Soren replacement.
Ena(10): 8.2/10.  Red Tide is awesome, and overall...just solid, and around just enough to be useful.  Slow, but...could be worse.
Kurthnaga: 8.7/10.  Night Tide is awesome, and...yeah, awesome stats, including speed, and gets Fullshift...a little slow, but not enough to hurt.  Definitely a good character to use.
Gareth: 7/10.  An extra Red Tide is still nice.
Nasir(10): 7.2/10.  Needed to be around longer, but White Tide is kickass...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 02:48:59 AM by OblivionKnight »
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 13, 2010, 01:49:50 AM »
Alex Noah: 8/10, sure.
Luna: 5/10. Healing and sleep.
Ramus: 3/10. Decent warm body, I guess.
Laike: DNR. Probably rankable, but eh, pass.
Nash Rumack: 6/10. His status was rather handy, especially the GT sleep.
Jessica De'Alkirk: 8/10. Have fun beating the game without her. Was left wanting more that prevents me from giving her a 9, though.
Mia Ausa: 5/10. Had some GT/MT awesome, but the speed was an issue for a while.
Ghaleon: DNR.
Kyle: 3/10. Pretty much only good against bosses, and even then he's like third or fourth best.
Tempest: 3/10. Had speed at least, but not good damage or skillset.

Lugh: 7.5/10. Pretty great as time goes on, dodgy enough to be fairly durable, and Anima is cool, fast.
Lilina: 6/10. She's okay. Definitely reliant on getting certain stats, and the start is even worse than Lugh's, but she gets there.
Ray: 5/10. Makes Lugh better.
Sophia: 0.5/10. graaaahhhhh
Hugh: 3/10. In his defence if you care about rankings you want to recruit him. Unfortunately you want to recruit him with -3 to all stats, which makes him pretty bad. For the price of getting his real stats you can buy a stat booster for someone else, and he might as well have no supports. Still, anima mage is only so bad.
Niime: 4/10. Decent lategame Physic user.

Erk: 5/10. Is almost permanently in the shadow of either Lucius or Pent, but there are worse fates.
Canas: 4/10. Bad speed and crap for supports. Gets going fairly nicely late, but the payoff isn't really worth it... would be if Athos didn't exist probably!
Pent: 8/10. It's Pent. He's one bad motherfucker. Simultaneously the game's best healer and overall attack mage (and benefits from an innate +3 def support).
Nino: 2/10. Exp ranking padding is her only use.

Lute: 8.5/10. Lute can pretty much godmode the game starting from Chapter 11. All her supports are full evade and usually good for other stats too (Yay Anima), she has beastly power, the only thing which holds her back from even higher is speed which is still decent. Even mobile after promotion!
Saleh: 5/10. Reasonable filler.
Ewan: 2/10. Opinion of trainees is higher than it used to be, but Ewan is still clearly the worst of the three since his niches are so well-covered already. Man you catch him up and Lute is still better? what
Knoll: 3/10. Godawful combat unit. Fortunately that's not his point; his point is "promote him into Summoner right away". He should never see battle, but being the game's best Summoner (he needs 18 less levels than Ewan to get there + his summons have better stats anyway) is something I can't give too low a score to, even if I find the summons of rather questionable worth.

Soren(9): 6/10. Speed's a little temperamental, but lategame he still has fairly badass offence because of weakness hitting and the tankiest enemies having lower Res than Def ('cept Dragons). Getting him there kinda hurts, but at least he has some avoid supports.
Illyana(9): 3/10. Hey look it's Soren with like 4 less speed, so she doesn't even have the offence that makes him good. No.
Tormod(9): 5/10. I want to like him better since Celerity rules, but he's a pain to catch up. Should probably be promoted at 10, but then his stats just aren't as good as Soren's outside move.
Calill(9): 7/10. Supports Neph who has trouble getting supports otherwise, and Tormod (same story). Takes no effort to do all the things mages do well lategame. Gives up staves for this, but that just prevents her from being Pent.
Bastian(9): 1/10. Oh Bastian.
Ena(9): 3/10. Bonus point for being able to kill Ashnard if you have a sucky Ike.
Nasir(9): 2.5/10. Statistically superior to Ena, but lacks that bonus point, and he's not exactly much better anyway. Won't die but shitty move and shaky attack.

Illyana(10): 2/10. Oh god I hate Ilyana in this game. I don't like to employ the "Wastes experience" argument but she really does, and this doesn't even encourage me to use her in her ~2 chapters of being competent. After that she spends the rest of the game being harsh owned by every other mage in sight and that's bad since FE10 mages... Magic could be better, speed and durability sucks, weapon levels outside lolthunder are terrible. I've used her in endgame, I have the right to rant!
Tormod(10): 3/10. At least he has 3 good chapters.
Calill(10): 5.5/10. Good endgame! Not so great otherwise, but rarely terrible.
Soren(10): 4/10. So many better Greil Mercs... just wish he had more speed, he'd be quite good with even 10% more growth and a higher cap.
Pelleas: 4/10. Gets a good staff rank on promotion at least.
Bastian(10): 4.5/10. Quite a bit better! Has great weapon levels after the gate and the stats are juuust high enough to compete in endgame. Probably a bad choice there but there's worse, and he can kick ass in 4-5.
Ena(10): 6/10. The damage boost is a huge deal for some bosses and the E-3 tanking is nice. Needs levels to survive against Ashera, though.
Kurthnaga: 4/10 (Night Tide isn't as good, no I don't care that his attack is better)
Gareth: 1.5/10 (hey it's Ena who is much frailer despite 40+ def! and lacks one of Ena's best maps)
Nasir(10): 6/10 (Ena with a better tide and better stats, but no E-3)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 04:19:57 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Bardiche

« Reply #233 on: May 13, 2010, 01:53:58 AM »
Alex Noah: 9/10, best PC in the game. Versatile, MP issues but eh you have Starlights a-plenty in the game so. Also that MP-Cost-halving accessory. Top-class even considering other games' heroes.
Luna: 5/10, damage was meh but the early-game buffing and healing was very good! Underwhelming a little since you can use items in her stead, and by the time she has MT healing you're almost reduced to 2 members and Jessica joins you for the part where it's actually useful. >_>
Ramus: 4/10, as far as meatshields go not bad. Tanks for the first parts of the prologue until Alex gets up.
Laike: 2/10, only good for experience farming with Alex later but uhhhh.
Nash Rumack: 6/10, solid, fast damage, never really used his status much.
Jessica De'Alkirk: 7/10, healer who can damage well in a game where I used a lot of regular physicals on randoms.
Mia Ausa: 7/10, crowd control + godly buffs. Speed can be easily salvaged.
Ghaleon: 1/10, can't even farm exp with him because the dungeon he's available for is utter crap for experience.
Kyle: 4/10, extra meatshield and some damage... yeah, just felt like an after thought. Not really amazing. Least interesting character.
Tempest: 5/10, push the enemy to left-side of screen or just out the fight? Hey.

Lugh: 6/10, passable Mage for the first parts of the game.
Lilina: 8/10, great Mage.
Ray: 7/10, good Druid but a little underwhelming.
Sophia: Never used her
Hugh: Never used him
Niime: Never used her

Erk: 2/10, useful at first but god that Mag Growth BLOWS. I've seldom seen him get extra Mag before promotion. >_> (this is why he has never promoted for me)
Canas: 7/10, cleans house. Speed isn't a massive issue due to FE7.
Pent: 6/10, he's good but he comes at a point in time when you already have a lot of useful characters.
Nino: 1/10, raise only if you think you absolutely need another Mage. She's just an added thing after you round out your cast.

Lute: 7/10, great Mage!
Saleh: Never used him
Ewan: 7/10, speedy Druid! Underwhelms due to being late and needing time to be nurtured. At least you have Tower of Valni, unlike NINO.
Knoll: 1/10, Luck.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 13, 2010, 01:55:26 AM »
Alex Noah: 8/10. General MVP, but his worth tended to augment in bits and pieces. So, no extra decimal for him. Also didn't have an amazing start.
Luna: 4/10. Not great, but she was your first healer.
Ramus: 2/10. Wow, Ramus, you suck.
Laike: DNR.
Nash Rumack: 6/10. Once he got Sleep, he turned into my MVP for randoms. However, that takes some time and he's the worst PC for bosses by far. Still, Sleep owns randoms so badly until the last dungeon and Lunar randoms aren't trivial, so.
Jessica De'Alkirk: 8/10. Valuable healer, even if her healing wasn't overpowered. Also had a stint where her physical was actually appreciable. You probably can't beat the game without her either. >_>
Mia Ausa: 5/10. Runs for LVP until Flameria - then, she's quite good, and her buffs are quite handy for bosses. But Flameria's a long way.
Kyle: 4/10. Extra damage sponge and solid damage dealer is nice. Problem is he's completely redundant elsewhere.
Tempest: DNR.

Lugh: 6.5/10. Hmmm, okay supports, solid growths. Doesn't amaze me, but pulls his weight.
Lilina: 6/10. She's really good at cannonning and has a few great supports, but the stat spread is often problematic. Really could use speed.
Ray: 5/10. Eh. Dark Magic isn't impressive, and Ray has a few issues of his own. Okay enough.
Sophia: 1/10. lulz.
Hugh: 3/10. Eh, why bother? Also expensive.
Niime: 2/10. UHHHH STAFF LEVELS

Erk: 4/10. Not impressed by his supports and he gets rather notably outshone by Pent.
Canas: 5/10. Gets to average for me due to Luna being rather broken in a few instances of the game. Dark Magic, however, still fails to impress overall.
Pent: 7/10. Quite good.
Nino: 2/10. URGH THAT LEVEL AND STATS SIX MAPS FROM ENDGAME?

Lute: 8.5/10. Man, she's broken. Lilina who comes up earlier and better stats+crazy sexy supports.
Saleh: 4/10. Acceptable filler.
Ewan: 1/10. Jesus christ no to that start at -that- point in the game.
Knoll: 2/10. Um.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2010, 05:51:32 AM »
Alex Noah: 8/10
Luna: 5/10
Ramus: 2/10
Laike: Abstain
Nash Rumack: 5/10
Jessica De'Alkirk: 8/10
Mia Ausa: 5/10
Ghaleon: Abstain
Kyle: 4/10
Tempest: 3.5/10

Lugh: Anima magic in FE6 is pretty awesome.  Lugh is solid all around besides that, for all that the start impresses little.  7/10
Lilina: The start is pretty bad and the speed needs work, though Anima + lightning-fast Roy support makes her useable at that point and she is your best source of offense against Mamkutes and is a good cannon aside from that.  6.5/10
Ray: Uh he has Nosferatu.  Lugh--.  5/10
Sophia: Hey guyz I join with 4 speed midgame and lose 2 of that from my most basic weapon oh I also have 16 HP and 2 Def awesome am i rite?!  Gets saved from 0/10 territory because she does net you a Guiding Ring, which aren't that trivial to come by in this game without spending money for them, but past that, complete and total liability should you be foolish enough to try and raise her.  0.5/10
Hugh: Steal his Member Card and save yourself some money.  I guess he can serve as filler if you pay the full 10k for him but at that price why.  2.5/10
Niime: lulz but hey staff levels  2/10

Erk: Pretty mediocre.  Has a few chapters where he's the only magic user and then Lucius comes along and whoops.  5/10
Canas: The stat spread certainly fails to impress, and speed is hardly trivial when your base/growth isn't that good and you're losing speed from even your most basic weapon before promotion.  Has the option of Luna hax for some bosses but man why.  3.5/10
Pent: Hay guyz I'm a prepromo with awesome bases and an A rank in staves.  Doesn't grow much, but doesn't have to, really.  7/10
Nino: lulz late game project.  1/10

Lute: God Lute is hax.  8/10
Saleh: Is no Pent but is far from bad.  4/10
Ewan: Tower exists, but the potential is not there.  2/10
Knoll: Fail.  1/10
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:10:32 AM by Random Consonant »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2010, 06:41:52 AM »
Hmph.  Passing on SSSC.  I've played to midgameish but doesn't feel confident on it.

Lugh: 8/10.  Is this what Nino would be if she joined where, say, Rebecca does?  Could be.  Anyway, FE6 has excellent anima, all his growths are servicable (even his concrete durability isn't too bad!).  For me, he rushed out ahead of everyone and promoted about 5 maps before the rest, but staves on promotion means he was still hanging around babying everyone else while they caught up.  Very nice.
Lilina: 7/10.  I think that, in any other FE game, she'd suck.  Mag is fine and all, but poor speed and accuracy are bad mojo on a mage; they kinda need to not be doubled and be sure they're killing whatever they fire at.  Thanks to FE6 design, of the broken anima and slow enemies, a little Roy support brings her up to freaky realms.  Slow start keeps her behind Lugh.
Ray: 4/10.  I feel like... why, y'know?  Dark magic is bad in FE6, and for general magey stuff you have two top-notch anima casters already.  I suppose he can have an extra point for "well, there is the Apocalypse..." though?  Sure.
Sophia: 2/10.  I had a few resets on her map.  She didn't cause them!  So she can avoid liability territory.  Good for her.
Hugh: Abstain.  I don't even recognize this guy.  Maybe I killed him?
Niime: 3/10.  Pocket healer on the map she joins, at the least.

Erk: 5/10.  Could be worse, and hey, you get him first in both Lyn and main game modes, so a few maps to himself to try for a level advantage.  Or at least see if he turns out okay.
Canas: 5/10.  Dark tomes are, unto themselves, pretty cool in FE7.  Sadly, you need some good speed/con to offset their massive weight and Canas doesn't have either.  Still, usable and has some niche uses if you put in the effort.
Pent: 8/10.  Hm.  Overall the best mage in the game probably?  Plus starts with enough staves to use Physic (which he comes with~)
Nino: 3/10.  Well, there's no real point to using her, but she's not too hard to keep alive and turns out great if you're bored enough to bother.  So better than the likes of Sophia or something.

Lute: 5/10.  As much mage as you'll get.  Doesn't feel stand out though.
Saleh: 4/10.  wants to be Pent.  But so many do.
Ewan: 2/10.  See, the other Trainees do this thing where they don't join in the mid-late game.
Knoll: 1/10.  Join on a map that isn't goddamned desert.

Soren(9): 5/10.  Servicable enough.  Adept helps a bit.
Illyana(9): 2/10.
Tormod(9): 2/10.
Calill(9): 2/10.
Bastian(9): 2/10.  Of course, help's Soren's case that the other mages are relatively late and no better than he is.
Ena(9): 2/10. 
Nasir(9): Abstain.

Illyana(10): 3/10.  Well, more warm bodies for the dawn brigade?  They certainly go through them.
Tormod(10): 3/10.  He's good enough on that one map.
Calill(10): 4/10.  Ranged utility in 2-E is enough for this at least.
Soren(10): 4/10.  He really hates his caps.  Or at least, that's what I remember.  He had good luck and still failed the Endgame cut.
Pelleas: Abstain.
Bastian(10): 3/10.  He only really gets one map to play on before Endgame, so he can be Tormod.
Ena(10): 7/10.  Bloodtide is good stuff.
Kurthnaga: 5/10.  Y'know, if he didn't have to be raised so much, I could see going higher.  Black Tide is a niche enough for this score, and in theory his tanky build and passable offense should be solid, but in practice it's not the right way to fight Endgame's bosses and that's all he really gets to fight.
Gareth: 6/10.  Like Ena but with speed of greatest fail, so he might accidentally eat it.
Nasir(10): 4/10.  Magic Breath is neat, but impractical.  The last two maps are unkind to mages.  Also makes White Tide fairly pointless.  On the other hand, only so bad a free character in the "you can only take 10 people" Endgame can be.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2010, 08:32:55 AM »
Has Oliver been rated? Shouldn't he be with all these mages?

Illyana(10): 1/10 - Wastes xp and helps in no way when you have Aran and Nolan to quickly kill things.
Tormod(10): 3/10 - Better then Illyana and has a great skill.
Calill(10): 3/10 Starts with a long range Fire spell which is quite good. Not the best option.
Soren(10): 7/10 - Best mage in the game. Doesn't say much but thats how things are.
Pelleas: 6/10 - Failish speed but being able to use dark element is badass.
Bastian(10): 5/10 - Hey if you don't have a decent mage he fills in rather nicely.
Ena(10): 5/10 - Can actually put Blood tide to use unlike Gareth if you level her up enough.
Kurthnaga: 7/10 - He owns the hardest stage and boss in the game at least. Beyond that his stats aren't all that bad.
Gareth: 1/10 - Worst dragon.
Nasir(10): 8/10 - White Tide is actually decent and with magic based stats he isn't being OHKOed like Gareth is at times.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2010, 05:46:49 PM »
He presumably will be/was ranked with Lucius/Laura/Artur type folk, he's more of a light mage if you will. I can't find him in the topic though!
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2010, 05:48:49 PM »
Think he's coming with the next set, i.e., Bishops.  He's a Saint, so it makes some sense.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »
Yeah, putting Monks and such in the next set; they could have come here, but decided since they have the same class as Clerics, they fit better there.  So Oliver is next round.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2010, 01:30:21 AM »
Alex Noah: 8 - MVP, gets all the coolest stuff and the best stats. Low resources and a poor earlygame showing keep him from being Broken Main level.
Luna: 5 - Healer, usable enough physical during her stay. Definition of average temp to me.
Ramus: 4 - Starts fine, but falls out of usefullness so fast that he's a below-average temp. At least he leaves early.
Nash Rumack: 7 - All seven points for Random-clearing.
Jessica De'Alkirk: 8 - It's been said. And I tend to value healers in general.
Mia Ausa: 5 - Meh.
Kyle: 6 - Slightly better than meh because physicals don't drain resources.
Tempest: 4.5 - Works for his time as a temp, but he's so replaceable even then.

Lugh: 6 - Good mage, but loses a point for always getting killed and causing me resets.
Lilina: 7 - Great mage, Roy support really saves her.
Ray: 5 - Usable mage! That's enough for average.
Sophia: 2 - Lolz.
Hugh: 4 - Useful anima mage replacement in case you got sick of resetting for Lugh.
Niime: 4 - Points for being a decent healer.

Erk: 6 - I always managed to get a lot of use out of Erk.
Canas: 4 - Can't say the same here.
Pent: 6 - Ended up about the same as Erk in practice due to less availability.
Nino: 3 - Feeding kills to underlevelled mages is my specialty! Still only gets a 3.

Lute: 8 - Of course!
Saleh: 5 - Useable mage.
Ewan: 2 - Die in a fire.
Knoll: 5 - Summoning bait is always useful.

Soren(9): 7 - Not quite Lute, but Soren's always near the top of my kill leader list.
Illyana(9): 2 - The first person I bench.
Tormod(9): 4 - Usable, but Soren's always so far ahead of him that I never see a reason for him unless I just want another mage, but in that case, there's...
Calill(9): 6 - Joins a little later, but requires no work!
Bastian(9): 2 - Yep.
Ena(9): 5 - Points for being able to damage Ashnard.
Nasir(9): 3 - Same as Ena, but you have to beat the Black Knight and that always ends up being more work than it's worth.

Illyana(10): 4 - As of Ch1-5, she's a good back-up ranged unit for softening things up for Micaiah to eat their delicious EXPs. Feel free to ignore this one as I'm not gonna be done with the game before votes get counted.

Taishyr

« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2010, 01:55:30 AM »
Alex Noah: 9/10. Really, I had minimal issues with his resources earlygame (but I'm used to resource conservation, SMT games) and his lategame really is stellar. That, plus him being the only real source of damage for a lot of the game... yeah.
Luna: 5/10. Sleep is godly. Healer is useful. Buffs are nice. Needed to not be a temp.
Ramus: 1/10. Crummy temp that wasn't even good when he was at his best, as far as I'm concerned.
Laike: DNR, don't remember.
Nash Rumack: 6.5/10. random clearing potential.
Jessica De'Alkirk: 7/10. Eh. Sure, was definitely necessary as a healer, but the physical felt overhyped when I played through and she lacks much else.
Mia Ausa: 6/10. Offense mage~! Buffer~! ...neither role's terribly necessary in game outside of niche fights and bosses, but!
Kyle: 5/10. Main cast LVP, if only because he's Alex without the good skillset. Competent physical and a buff help, sure, but.
Tempest: DNR.

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 14, 2010, 02:49:45 AM »

Go Go Alanna rankings!

Alex Noah: 8
Luna: 7- early healer
Ramus: 3- warm body
Nash Rumack: 5
Jessica De'Alkirk: 8
Mia Ausa: 6- At least she can boost stats
Kyle: 6
Tempest: 5- Warm Body (he can at least gain levels so he doesnt get DNR)

Lugh: 8
Lilina: 8
Ray: 6
Sophia: 2
Hugh: 5
Niime: 5

Erk: 5
Canas: 7 One word- Luna
Pent: 8
Nino: 5- 7 levels lower and had better stats than Erk becides HP? Yeah shes awesome if trained

Lute: 9
Saleh: 3- Pent but sucky
Ewan: 7- Tower abuse exists.
Knoll: 5- Promote at 10, summon

Soren(9): 8, he was pretty good, adept helps until her can double
Illyana(9): 7, she was pretty good when I used her
Tormod(9): 5
Calill(9): 7
Bastian(9): 3
Ena(9): 3
Nasir(9): 3

Illyana(10): 7, available in the most chapters. Awesome dragon killer!
Tormod(10): 3
Calill(10): 5
Soren(10): 8, best mage
Pelleas: 5
Bastian(10): 4
Ena(10): 8, blood tide
Kurthnaga: 8, night tide
Gareth: 1, worse Ena
Nasir (10): 8, white tide and free Nihil

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »
Going for the most recent release of Lunar (PSP)

Alex: 8/10  MVP, but really doesn't stand out.  He just works well with the rest of his PCs.
Luna: 4/10  healer but items are extra cheap and Cascade Song no longer boost offense
Ramus: 3/10  Yeah warm body.
Nash Rumack: 5/10  Status is complete garbage and is completely outclassed by Mia once she gets the Gale Staff. Gogo full MP refills after level ups! Useless against bosses.  Even leaves the party for a while towards the end. LVP.  Extra point is for having the best Limit break.
Jessica De'Alkirk: 7/10 As a healer, she's kind of terrible (compared to Ronfar at least) but helps the party keep up with bosses' full screen attacks.  Necessary in the group
Mia Ausa: 6/10  Better against bosses than Nash but has a weak early/midgame game against mooks.  Then she gets the Gale Staff and Flameria and suddenly becomes MVP
Kyle: 6/10  Kyle goes well along with Alex as a bruiser. His techs got a bit stronger in this version of the game.
Tempest: 3/10 Like Ramus, warm body~

Lugh: 8/10
Lilina: 8/10 Anima magic is broken
Ray: 4/10 No Luna in FE6
Sophia: 0.5/10 GRAAHHHHHHHHHH
Hugh: 4/10 Bonus points for TANK MAGE
Niime: 2/10 UGLY OLD WOMAN

Erk: 6/10 At the mercy of the RNG.
Canas: 5/10 3 of those points go to Luna
Pent: 6.5/10 Pent's lack of speed in the late game bothers me too much, but really he's the only choice of mage to use on HHM.
Nino: 6.5/10  It's underrated on how easy it is to raise her in Night of Farewells. You can probably promote her a couple of levels early and still be better than Erk or Pent

Lute: 8.5/10 loli smash
Saleh: 3/10 No real use since you can grind
Ewan: 5/10 Heh, Towers exist for a reason
Knoll: 2/10 Look at that luck! KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL

Soren(9): 7/10 Best mage on principle of availability
Illyana(9): 6/10 CAN USE REXBOLT!!
Tormod(9): 5/10 Comes too late to really bother
Calill(9): 6.5/10 Useable out of the gate and actually gains speed but lolknives
Bastian(9): 3/10 KNIFE MAGE
Ena(9): 6/10  Coolest way of killing Ashnard
Nasir(9): 5/10  Not as cool as a pink dragon defeating a mad king.

Illyana(10): 6/10 Thunder magic is not as bad as it seems (Arcthunder crit way more often that it should) and MOST AVAILABILITY!
Tormod(10): 3/10 Yeah join back in part 4 where you can get OHKOed
Calill(10): 6.5/10 Best mage since she uses fire and overall better caps but least availability.
Soren(10): 5/10 Those caps suck
Pelleas: 5/10  DARK MAGIC
Bastian(10): 4/10  Better but caps still suck
Ena(10): 5/10  Hay I hav blood tide
Kurthnaga: 5/10 chapter of invinciblity!
Gareth: 2/10  That speed....
Nasir (10): 3/10  Meh

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2010, 06:03:42 AM »
Lugh: 7/10. Your best FE6 Mage. Shaky start, but gets pretty solid afterwards and has some solid ass supports all around
Lilina: 5.5/10. Glass cannon. In any other FE, Lilina would be pretty bad. In FE6 where Anima magic is pretty damn haxy, this type of mold can work. Somewhat.
Ray: 4/10. Support feed fodder mostly for Lugh. Can hold his own, but kinda shaky. And not-Anima magic in FE6 is pretty bleh.
Sophia: 0.5/10. Well, she's forced deployed on that map, and that Guiding Ring that only she can get at least allows you to sell it for money if you need it. Otherwise, lolololololololololol
Hugh: 3/10. If you're willing to dish out that huge amount of cash, then I guess he's pretty good. Just...why? You're usually better off stealing some of his junk if you don't care about him or you recruit him when he has taken massive stat penalties.
Niime: 2/10. OH GOD THE HP. Staff user, but...argh why

Erk: 5/10. I've never had a good Erk. He's nice early I suppose when you don't have Pent and Lucius isn't there. A decent support with Pris, though is pretty obslete once Pent joins.
Canas: 5/10. Dark magic has some neat spells, but Canas' stat spread is pretty average. Plus, he's at -1 AS before promo, and using anything else after promo still weighs him down.  Oh yeah, and he has crap for supports. That probably brings him down to around here.
Pent: 7.5/10. Yowza. This is the mage you should be using in FE7. Even if the other mages catch up to him level wise, he's still probably ahead in weapon levels. Hi guys. I can shoe in as a healer OR an attacker when I start and I have an auto A support. Growths are kinda low, but who cares.
Nino: 1.5/10. Pure novelty if you're not running rankings. Yes, she gets pretty powerful. Yes, its not THAT difficult to level her up. Doesn't detract that she's taking EXP from the rest of the army. The return is just usually not worth it.

Lute: 8.5/10. Nino, if Nino joined at the beginning of the game AND had hax supports.
Saleh: 4.5/10. Usable. You usually have better, but he's not terrible.
Ewan: 1/10. Him on the other hand... (also lol to SUPER TRAINEE)
Knoll: 2.5/10. What NEB said. Summoners are kinda meh, but if you're using Knoll, you quick promote Knoll to Summoner and take advantage of it, because his stats and his spread blow. And at least the phantoms have some use.

Soren(9): 6/10. Servicable and quite solid along with some noticable evade (whee Ike). Early game suck though.
Illyana(9): 2/10. Uh...really? Her start is worse than Soren's. That's telling.
Tormod(9): 5/10. On one hand, Celerity. On the other hand, underlevelled. You could BEXP him a bunch I guess. Not sure if its worth the effort. On paper it is though since +2 move is just really good.
Calill(9): 6.5/10. Pretty damn good. Good weapon levels + good starting bases. Only downer is of course, lolknives instead of staves, but hey.
Bastian(9): 1/10. Is Bastian.
Ena(9): -Abstain- Never got her before.
Nasir(9): 2/10. I think...argh at that transformation time and then the crappy move just makes it worse. Have fun GETTING into attack range, while mounted units lol.

Illyana(10): 2.5/10. Edward, with less chapters to shine than Edward and is otherwise just as (if not more) terrible. I guess you could give her points for being a ferry (since if she dies, no one else can do it), but....yeah.
Tormod(10): 3.5/10. Exists for like 3 chapters and is pretty damn uber there. Comes back in 4-3 to suck it up a bunch.
Calill(10): 6/10. Your best FE10 Mage IMO. Calill has a less screen time, but she grows in the important areas better, and her end game performance is certainly a lot better too. Yay to not being stuck to a 32 speed cap.
Soren(10): 4/10. He's stuck in a field of pretty much uber units when he first joins and is nothing special himself. His speed needs work and the durability is pretty much non-fixable this time around. Bonus points for having an option to crown him  though (if Mist dies and you need another healer (since uh...Rhys10))
Pelleas: 4/10. Kneejerk. I tried him once, and he's not terrible (great speed growth helps him out here). His weapons are kinda...underwhelming though. And needing to use a specialized magic type is also somewhat of a downer.
Bastian(10): 4.5/10. I...think. His raw stats are unimpressive on the whole, but the weapon levels are damn shiny.
Ena(10): 6/10. Kinda hard to place a raw value, but...think Ena is certainly above average. Especially since Blood tide is just so damn good.
Kurthnaga: 4/10. To his credit, he gets Formshift as well as a larger Capacity space to load more skills on to him. And E-3 for him and Ena can be EXP city. But Night Tide just isn't as good as Blood tide, and getting him caught up to be usable just takes way too long.
Gareth: 2/10. Tempted to give him lower, but Blood tide is that good. His durability actually sucks (haha 40 Defense that means NOTHING), so you have to use Wardwood + Barrier and Pure Waters, which restricts him more than Ena and can certainly give you more issues in keeping him alive than Kurth
Nasir(10): 6/10. Very short join period, but White Tide is also pretty damn sexy. And yeah, having an ACTUAL Res score here helps.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:12:33 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Bardiche

« Reply #246 on: May 15, 2010, 06:07:59 AM »
Luna: 4/10  healer but items are extra cheap and Cascade Song no longer boost offense

My data suggests otherwise:

Attack: 27 damage // 34 damage // 43 damage
Cascade Song: Increases Str by 12, then 12 on second cast and 4 on third // Also increases Defence, but by an unknown amount. Receives 15 damage without a cast, then 9 on one, 6 on two and 2 on three [10 MP]

(Yeah, I still need to beat the fake Dragon Master but I don't have the PSP QQ)
(Notably after each cast of Cascade Song her damage DOES improve, as does Alex's. I admit I never cast it on RAMUS though.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:12:58 AM by Bardiche »

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 15, 2010, 02:15:34 PM »
As always, cutting entire games that I don't know, so starting with FE8.

Lute: 9/10. Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute~
Saleh: 4/10. Too frail (by which I mean not evasive enough) to be of any use.
Ewan: 3/10. Useless.
Knoll: 3/10. I tried using him. I really did. But he starts way too underlevelled and useless to be worth anything, and that was on Ephraim's path. The summons are pretty pathetic, and it takes some real effort to get there.

Soren(9): 8.5/10. Barely behind Lute on grounds of an unevasive early-game. Once he gets going, he really gets going - he'll critical or Adept at least half the time, and he can easily kill on a double with even the weakest of tomes (and he almost always gets those doubles, except against swordsmasters, maybe.) (Absolute monster if given Vantage, but I'm ignoring that for purposes of rankings.)
Illyana(9): 6/10. Yikes. An even weaker early-game than Soren, and joins at a time when she can very easily get killed. Once she gets going, she's not bad, but not quite capable of killing, and mages really need to kill quickly.
Tormod(9): Abstain. He's usually dead for me within 2-3 stages.
Calill(9): Abstain. Already got Soren tearing shit up by this point, never needed another mage.
Bastian(9): 2/10. Except I tried using Bastian because he's an awesome character. That was a mistake and a half. >_>
Ena(9): 3/10. Same here. Useless dragon. *punts*
Nasir(9): 5/10. Not quite as useless dragon, but that horrendous movement combined with joining late is just painful. Really needs better damage to be worthwhile.

Illyana(10): Abstain. I've only run through FE10 once, need to replay to get a grasp on -everyone-.
Tormod(10): Abstain again.
Calill(10): And abstain again!
Soren(10): 8/10. Loses that bad early-game, but in exchange, just... isn't available for it. Otherwise, mostly the same.
Pelleas: Abstain, one run-through, etc, etc.
Bastian(10): Abstain again! I'm doing well here~
Ena(10): Abstain? Again? Yeah, guess so.
Kurthnaga: 5/10. Kurthnaga, meet Nasir9. You two are so similar, I'm sure you'll get along great.
Gareth: ahaha Abstain like I'm going to use that resistance in late-game.
Nasir(10): Abstain again! Wow, I really need to replay FE10.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2010, 04:49:36 PM »
Alex Noah: 7.5/10.
Luna: 6/10. Not bad when she's around.
Ramus: 4/10
Nash Rumack: 6/10
Jessica De'Alkirk: 8/10
Mia Ausa: 4/10
Kyle: 4/10
Tempest: 3/10

Erk: 5/10.  Has this thing where he's never good and then gets owned by Pent.
Canas: 5/10.
Pent: 8/10. Godlike.
Nino: 1/10. Yeah right game.

Lute: 8/10. Great. She has been pretty stat-temperamental for me, 2 quite below average playthroughs and 1 crush-the-world playthrough. I recognize that she's a good PC though.
Saleh: 4/10.
Ewan: 1/10. Oh god trying to use him was so much pain. I've even tried twice.
Knoll: 2/10. One point for serving a minor role in C15.

Soren(9): 4.5/10. Mages are starting to get pretty strug in this game.
Illyana(9): 3.5/10. Even more strug.
Tormod(9): 4/10. Better than the others if you feed him EXP. He's actually pretty good if you do this (and I have) but blaaaah.
Calill(9): 5.5/10. Pretty good if you decide you want to use a mage for... some reason. Minus points for not having staves. She is decent enough to be slotted in at least.
Bastian(9): 1.5/10. No.
Ena(9): 3/10.
Nasir(9): 3/10.

Illyana(10): 3/10. Two points for a couple of maps of assisting the DB, but otherwise FUCK Ilyana. Such a goddamn shitty PC.
Tormod(10): 3/10. Jeigan Nino.
Calill(10): 6/10. Faster than the rest and gets staves!!! Godlike.
Soren(10): 4/10. Worse than in 9. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to make Soren worse. Fuck this game. Soren is awesome.
Pelleas: 4/10. Best of the mages once he is levelled? Just uh underlevelled to the max.
Bastian(10): 5/10. Actually cool this time! Not around much though.
Ena(10): 6/10. Better than in 9. Two range and Blood Tide and blocking dragons oh my god. Indispensable against Irritating Bald Dude.
Kurthnaga: 5/10. Worse than Ena due to his Tide being worse, but he is a much better combat PC and is reasonably tanky and fills holes well.
Gareth: 1/10. Useless fools.
Nasir(10): 4/10. Better than the other two, but is not around for as key of maps.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 04:52:00 PM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 15, 2010, 11:35:49 PM »
Lugh: 7/10 - A bit slow to start, but good supports and gets pretty excellent later on.
Lilina: 6/10 - Gets away with having awful speed because her damage and supports are excellent. Easy to catch up.
Ray: 4/10 - He's... usable, and has that Lugh support to bring him up.
Sophia: 1/10 - She... gives you a guiding ring.
Hugh: 3/10 - Loses two points for the money thing; good if you for some reason spend it.
Niime: 3.5/10 - Spare staff user, and she can tank magic if you're desperate.

Erk: 4.5/10 - Decent at the start but never really pans out.
Canas: 6/10 - Slow, but excellent res and hits pretty hard even without Luna - with it he wrecks things.
Pent: 8/10 - Ol' reliable. Starting weapon levels rock, and he'd be somewhat usable at endgame with no level ups.
Nino: 3.5/10 - Not really necessary, but a monster if you feel like feeding her some kills.

Lute: 9/10 - Nino that you have from the start.
Saleh: 3/10 - Ehhh. He can fill in a slot, but that's not something you need in FE8.
Ewan: 3/10 - Worse than Lute, a tower time sink to catch up.
Knoll: 2.5/10 - Summons are alright.

Soren(9): 7.5/10 - Good offense, but needs a better start and a little more evasion. Has nice supports. Adept kicks in pretty often!
Illyana(9): 5.5/10 - The Str and better Lightning levels help her match Soren's damage, but she never dodges as well, has a worse natural skill, and her supports aren't quite as good. Still perfectly usable.
Tormod(9): 4.5/10 - Really good if you catch him up, but you've already got Soren and the already leveled up Calill is coming soon.
Calill(9): 6/10 - Hard to go wrong with, though she wishes she had staves.
Bastian(9): 2/10 - So worthless. Isn't it sad?
Ena(9): 3/10 - Needs caught up and still isn't really good.
Nasir(9): 3.5/10 - Ena without the catch-up.

Illyana(10): 4.5/10 - Worse than FE9 by a long shot, but she helps the DB and uh... zaps dragons.
Tormod(10): 3/10 - Needs to actually exist.
Calill(10): 7/10 - Now has staves, and can contribute the whole time you have her.
Soren(10): 4/10 - Less damage. Less evade. Less availability. Doesn't have 'good supports' as an advantage any more.
Pelleas: Abstain
Bastian(10): 3.5/10 - If you happen to need a mage at the end, he's alright.
Ena(10): 6/10 - Blood Tide, fuck yeah. Tanks good too.
Kurthnaga: 6/10 - Worse Tide, but an actual decent combat unit if you catch him up. My strategy of letting him slaughter dozens of his brethren may not be the norm however >_>
Gareth: 2/10 - Blood Tide, only anything magic explodes him.
Nasir(10): 4/10 - Magic tank is nice, as is White Tide.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.