Author Topic: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!  (Read 129611 times)

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
Re: Rank Characters based on In Game Use: Reboot!
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2010, 01:54:34 AM »
Tales of the Abyss:
Luke fon Fabre: 5/10 - He's there, he's hitting things.
Tear Grants: 8/10 - Her healing is great, her attack magic is solid, and she can keep herself from getting splattered at melee.
Jade Curtis: 4/10 - His casting times blow, though at least he helps tie things up.
Guy Cecil: 7/10 - Great at abusing free run, and so very fast on the attack. Not quite as good at holding off clusters on his own as Luke in my experience, but he can just bait them into running in circles instead.
Anise Tatlin: 3/10 - Doesn't bring anything to the table, though the tanking gets some points.
Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear 7/10 - Would be higher if the AI was better with her; not really bad at anything.
Asch: DNR

Fire Emblem Swordmasters, Heroes and Ravens:
Dieck: 7/10 - Brutal early on, crushing the couple maps right after you get him. Drops off a bit later, but never gets bad, and his con makes him a good Durandal wielder.
Rutger: 9/10 - MVP? He has damage, evasion, that massive crit, good supports, and can still take a hit.
Oujay: 5/10 - He has potential, but catching him up doesn't usually feel worth it.
Fir: 9/10 - Rutger, trading a little damage and some durability for crazier evasion and wider support variety. Feels about even.
Echidna: 5.5/10 - Decent late axe user.
Karel(6): Abstain

Guy: 7/10 - Needs strength BADLY, but get a little lucky with it and he can rip anything with lower def to shreds. Good supports!
Raven: 9.5/10 - It's... hard to overstate just how good Raven is at almost anything; closest thing to a complaint is his con, and he still doubles most guys with the weapons that matter.
Karel(7): 4/10 - Gives you a good weapon? Otherwise very there.
Harken: 6/10 - Totally usable pre-promo, and a good addition if your team runs into trouble.
Karla: 1/10 - Hahaha

Joshua: 7.5/10 - Rutger without the insane crit and with more competition.
Gerik: 8/10 - So very solid in either Ranger or Hero, both great classes.
Marisa: 5/10 - Untouchable once she catches up, but she comes underleveled and never has much damage.

Mia(9): 5/10 - Marisa that joins early and at a good level, only in a game with higher def enemies. At least Vantage is good.
Zihark(9): 6/10 - Earth affinity and a little more damage brings him up.
Stefan(9): 6/10 - Good str! Dies more than the others though.
Lucia(9): 2/10 - No reason to ever use her.
Naesala(9): 7/10

Edward: 4.5/10 - A liability very early, he helps the DB out later at least. Gets okay endgame if you don't mind playing catch-up.
Zihark(10): 7/10 - Rocks with the DB despite the durability. Not very usable endgame, but DB is harder.
Vika: 2.5/10 - Rescues a dude or something. Fast as fuck.
Nealuchi: 3/10 - Not a total failure.
Lucia(10): 3/10 - Good when you have to use her at least.
Mia(10): 8/10 - An honest-to-god good SM in Tellius. Str is more than enough now, everything else is just as good.
Naesala(10): 8/10 - A bit more available than some Royals in exchange for being less horrifying. If you SS his claw he's certainly good for endgame anyways.
Stefan(10): 5.5/10 - Solid, but barely ever there.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2010, 02:38:45 AM »
Tales of the Abyss:
Luke fon Fabre: 4/10. Never really got used to using him and his AI is loltalesmeleeAI. Jewel at least gives him a stretch where he might fit into the party though.
Tear Grants: 7.5/10. Healing battery and a good one, Tales charge times be damned. Back up magic is nice but yeah. Always nice to have in the team.
Jade Curtis: 5/10. Eh, he's kinda there. Spells are quite nice for setting up FOFs and tying things up at least. Boring to control though and the speed is blargh.
Guy Cecil: 7.5/10. Kinda unremarkable early on. Then his C.Core starts picking up speed and he learns a few money moves and jesus. Now he ties enemies up in game like crazy and kites the rest. Can self heal, which is pretty cool in a pinch. Raw defense just sucks though.
Anise Tatlin: 3.5/10. Bloody Howling is awesome. Too bad she gets it way too late. Once she does though, that's pretty much all she does. Unremarkable otherwise
Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear: 8/10 Team MVP. Secondary healer (worse than Tear), but has range, can snipe safely and enough speed to make the sniping possible. Damage could use some work, but hey. I assume that she gets worse as you amp up the difficulty, but on Normal/Hard, she's awesome.
Asch: DNR. He joins for like one dungeon. God help me if I can remember what he does other than suck though.

Dieck: 7/10. His early showing is worth a lot for me, especially since early FE6 can be quite the bitch. He kinda slumps later on but still servicable at least. Like Bors, you may consider ditching him for another unit later especially once they get better.
Rutger: 8/10. Never lags. Brings the offense with his speed, class bonus and supports. Mono weapon hurts, but at least its FE6 Swords
Oujay: 5/10. Yeah. I think a 5 works here. Takes a while to get going, never gets WHOAMG but he's quite decent when caught up.
Fir: 7.5/10. Starts off a bit weaker than Rutger, eventually gets better than him. Still, Rutger never has lag and I don't think Fir really outperforms Rutger significantly even when she is finally beating him.
Echidna: 6/10. WHOA. Usable Filler in FE6? Blapshemy. Echidna is probably the best person you an have use axes. Her strength is kinda bad yeah, but the skill lets her use lolFE6axes decently and she's solid otherwise.
Karel(6): 6/10. Usable end game filler. He joins with 1 map left, so he's like SOL for supports. But he's still usable at least.

Guy: 7/10. Solid. Weakish start, but you can drop him if he's not gaining strength. And that Matt support can keep him afloat for a while. Standard swordsmaster offense, although not FE6 level insane.
Raven: 8.5/10. 13 base speed at level 5 with 8 strength. And he has 45/55 growths in those two stats to boot. Jesus Christ. AND he has some fast supports with a couple of really awesome units (Pris/Lucius). BUT BUT HE CAN'T USE AXES WITHOUT -1AS LOSS OMG.
Karel(7): 3/10. Uh...he's usable filler. Bases could use some work (ew Strength and ew HP) and getting him costs you a better unit here as well.
Harken: 6/10. Pretty good objectively. Some of his support options are just lol (Hi Isodora), but his bases are servicable. As a bonus, that Brave Sword he brings along > Karel's Wo Dao to boot.
Karla: 0/10. Karla doesn't even exist until New Game+ (effectively Hector mode). Then you have to train up Bartre, who himself isn't that good, which means you have to dedicate a portion of your EXP resource pool to him AND get him up to level 5 promoted. Oh and after that, he has to fight Karla and both of these idiots have to survive (not difficult with Iron Rune/Bow on Bartre but yeah). When you finally do get Karla, you get a unit that is effectively worse than an average unit that you could've otherwise used Bartre's EXP for wit 2 maps left to go. As I put it once in chat, its like Rolf and Shinon in FE9. You use one shitty unit to get another shitty unit. THIS IS CLEARLY THE WAY. EDIT: Screw it. 0 it is.

Joshua: 7/10. Effectively Guy with better start but worse end due to competition and base support affinity. Still plenty solid and worth utilizing.
Gerik: 7/10. I guess. Gerik's kinda beastly. His con basically means he rarely suffers an AS loss and his bases are pretty notable. Could use more speed growth, but he's fairly strong regardless.
Marisa: 3/10. Way too much effort, but at least she becomes solid if you do the effort in and isn't a total pain in the ass to raise.

Mia(9): 5/10. Can't objectively give FE9 Mia higher than his. Knight Ward laughs at SM speed. Then they have lolMgt due to FE9 Swords and they're less overall durable. Not mounted, so there's no Cantoing. Less move than mounted. But Mia can at least work some supports to get her strength up and her offense is at least workable.
Zihark(9): 5/10. A different variant than Mia trading in some strength from supports for more avoid. Depends on what you value more. Adept vs. Vantage would be a debate here, but Vantage being always active trumps the proc. rate for Adept in FE9 for me.
Stefan(9): 6/10. His stats are lolwat for midgame. I would give him higher except his LUCK (haha wow, luck actually being relevant) makes him get randomly crit blick'd and die and argh why :|
Lucia(9): 1/10. BUT SHE CAN SUPPORT WITH BASTIAN. YESZ
Naesala(9): 5/10. Same comments as Giffca9 anyway. Naesala deals less damage, but flight + doubling the shit out of everything is cool.

Edward: 3/10. Edward is such garbage. The only way he even becomes remotely decent is if he gets massively defense blessed (and I do mean massively). His offense isn't even that good to start and it takes him a while to catch up to Zihark. Caladbolg's +8 Luck is pretty crappy since Edward doesn't have noticable evade. Then on top of that, Wrath gets him gj'd and self owned because hey lack of noticable evade. Oh and when he's finally beating Zihark, its way too late and matters too little. So what the hell is getting Edward points? Well as bad as he is, his offense is pretty valuable for the first few Part 1 maps. Also, before Nolan and Zihark start supporting each other, its possible for Edward to have some leech time with Nolan since they build a support quickly. That's around it. Otherwise, he's another frail but project unit in the DB and god knows how many of those there are >_>.
Zihark(10): 7.5/10. Uh yeah. Much better. Zihark's raw durability sucks, but his offense starts off noticably better. Earth affin, which means that he can support Nolan/Aran/Volug/Jill for some dodge hax shinengans to offset raw durability. However, Micaiah has no authority stars, so he's never really Super Dodger Tank Master. Innate Adept is also pretty cool her.
Vika: 3.5/10. She exists like Muarim for a few maps and flies. Similar score here works.
Nealuchi: 3.5/10. Workable. 36 Speed is quite adequate for a long time. Nealuchi really lacks screen time though and that really hurts since his strike never catches up and he's basically offensively inept after Part 2. He does however, at least fly and have good size for performing rescues and drops. And he can provide some support in a pinch.
Lucia(10): 3/10. roflstomps a map. But said map also has Mordecai and Lethe who are both also roflstomping (so a bit lesser credit here). She is otherwise...pretty bad. But hey, Earth affinity. So at least some incentive exists for her to be used. The offense just sucks by the time she rejoins and she has nothing else to offer other than Earth affin.
Mia(10): 8.5/10. Mia10 is quite awesome and I just might be a bit biased~. Great offensive, and effective dodge also means she's very unlikely to get killed. Adept might as well go on her, which shoots up the offensive worth value and she moves farther than Gatrie. 3rd best GM to me (counting only the core GMs, so no Haar/Brom/Nephenee, etc)
Naesala(10): 8/10. Worst of the royals, but he's still destroying shit. Crossbows keep him in check and from completely one manning the field.
Stefan(10): 6/10. Usable filler like Volke in the endgame if you absolutely need some filler units. And pretty good at that since Trueblades are a good endgame class.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:48:04 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2010, 06:28:57 AM »
Tales of the Abyss:
Luke fon Fabre: 4/10.
Tear Grants: 4/10.
Jade Curtis: 5/10.
Guy Cecil: 7/10.
Anise Tatlin: 3/10.
Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear: 6/10.
Asch:  DNR (2/10)

Dieck: 6/10.  Usable endgame, useful early. 
Rutger: 7/10.  Pretty good.  I do have to say though, I felt like he wasn't really that far ahead of Fir when she joined, given her map, so... well, basically I'm feeling they're on even footing in the getting experience race, more or less.
Oujay: 4/10.  Ehhh, 'sokay in theory but I feel like starting lower levelled than Dieck and joining 6 maps later just kinda makes him silly.
Fir: 8/10.  So like I was saying, I figure Fir and Rutger are on even footing, so the fact she turns out better makes her better, rather than playing catchup.  ANYWAY, Fir's like a character that jumped out of FE10's endgame to destroy all that is FE6, considering the absurdly reliable crits and dodge-hax.  (My own Fir was definitely a 9 and probably the best combat PC of the GBA games, but I know she was like +4 strength on her average which was pretty important to that.)
Echidna: Abstain.  I missed her entirely somehow.
Karel(6): 5/10.  Servicable, and considering that the map after the one he joins is kinda... 'pull out the doom weapons and have fun', he basically just gets to help out at no cost (well, no cost beyond "deploy Fir", since that's oh so costly) on a moderately nasty map.  He's not awesome, but he'll take care of himself and can't hurt certainly.

Guy: 7/10.  Pretty good.  Prone to that screwage thing but... eh, not feeling it costs him a full point today.
Raven: 8/10.  High in the running for best character in FE7?  Lyn and Hector and... hm.  Probably Pent.  All of whom I gave or will be giving 8s. Yeah.
Karel(7): 3/10.
Harken: 4/10.
Karla: 1/10.  Well, the retarded lateness and being NG+ and all assures a 2.  Having to use Bartre significantly feels like another point.  How the hell did these two make Fir again?

Joshua: 7/10. See Guy, minus screwage potential but not with enough oomph for the 8 I guess.
Gerik: 7/10.  It must be said.  Even though this wasn't how I used him.  BRAVE RANGER GERIK RIDES AGAIN.
Marisa: 5/10.  Josh kinda steals her niche.

Mia(9): 4/10.  While I've never felt the whole mono-swords hate the elf's got, FE9's evade mechanics still makes it the worst game in the series for SMs.  Sooo yeah, usual strength screwage problem plus not evade whoring, but still.  You certainly CAN use her.  I'm pretty sure I did.  At least, I don't think I'm imagining doing so due to definitely doing so in FE10.
Zihark(9): 4/10.  I think, anyway?  Didn't seem significantly different from a decent Mia.
Stefan(9): Abstain.
Lucia(9): 2/10.
Naesala(9): 7/10.

Edward: 3/10.  l;kjl;aljak;lasdjklasj;lDAWNBRIGAAAADDDEEEEEEE
Zihark(10): 6/10.  Saves Dawn Brigade.  And has more concrete durability than 75% of them.  Despite being a fairly average SM for that.  *sigh* fucking Dawn Brigade.
Vika: 4/10.
Nealuchi: 2/10.
Lucia(10): 3/10.
Mia(10): 6/10.  Like so many puny humans, feels outmatched in Endgame (although Astra's pretty nifty when it feels like kicking in).  Before that pretty danged good though.
Naesala(10): 8/10.  Not a puny human.  Cain and Tibarn make everyone else look a little worse, but still badass.
Stefan(10): Abstain.  Fuck your recruit requirements.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2010, 06:47:44 AM »
Stefan (9)- 7. Absurb midgame stats+weapon+now you die chance too! Admittedly, I didn't use him much because he felt like too much of a trump card, but yeah.
...into the nightfall.

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »

Dieck: 10/10 way awsome
Rutger: 9/10 yeah hes good
Oujay: 8/10 I used him once and hes not bad
Fir: 9/10
Echidna: 6/10 actually useable prepromote!
Karel(6): Do not rank

Guy: 7/10 Just not as good as others
Raven: 8/10 meh, dont get the "best character in the game hype)
Karel(7): 5/10 Hes okay
Harken: 8/10 He always ends up similar to Raven when I use him
Karla: 1/10 would be a 5, but availability

Joshua: 10/10
Gerik: 10/10
Marisa: 9/10

Mia(9): 7/10
Zihark(9): 8/10
Stefan(9): 9/10 best swordsmaster in 9 IMHO
Lucia(9): 4/10
Naesala(9): 10/10 yeah you get him for 1 map. But on that map, hes a 10.

Edward: 4/10
Zihark(10): 8/10
Vika: 5/10 I always like project characters like Vika
Nealuchi: 4/10
Lucia(10): 3/10
Mia(10): 9/10
Naesala(10): 9/10
Stefan(10): abstain, I dont remember his FE10 stats at all.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2010, 01:47:30 AM »
Tales of the Abyss:
Luke fon Fabre: 6/10 - I played the entirety of TotA two-player with my little brother. He alternated control between Guy and Anise, while I played a bit of each of the others. Luke's best feature was how all his elemental attacks would pop FOFs back open to chain into the FOF Effect skills. The fact that he could take advantage of any element was the big deal for him, though sometimes it was difficult to remember which skill combined with which element.
Tear Grants: 8/10 - Really fun to play as her in the earlygame, actually. This became nearly impossible once she got her group-healing stuff, though. On AI, she's a great healer, though we rarely let her cast offensive spells.
Jade Curtis: 4/10 - Really only good for making FOFs or for spamming Thunder Lance if you felt like playing a physical game with him. Unlike Tear and Anise, he only makes the mono-elemental FOFs, making him worse for synergy play than either of them... >.>;;
Guy Cecil: 7.5/10 - My little brother was pretty awesome with Guy, and the speed is quite useful and he's probably your best bet for an AI-controlled melee unit, but...
Anise Tatlin: 8/10 - Holy crap he destroyed worlds with Anise. I can understand that people don't like slow characters, but my bro figured out how to run the best crowd control with Anise. Her TP reserves ended up better than the other Melee options, so most fights took advantage of the range on her skills rather than relying on her slow physicals. The durability definitely let her top Luke. However, one of the interesting things about co-op was that my bro could switch Anise between melee and mage options without getting pounded, and we tended to play an Anise/Luke combo where Luke ran in to take advantage of the dual-elemental Dark FOF left behind by Bloody Howling. Also, the Dolls/Jewel of Lorelei combo is unstoppable.
Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear - 8/10 - Didn't end up using her as much as the others, as she's more of a solo-oriented PC. She owned the colloseum for us, though, so I'm down with some Natalia hype. Clearly I need to do a Natalia-solo challenge replay!
Asch: 5/10 - Just meh. He's fine as a temp, sucks in his endgame appearance. Classic fighter-mage, but all his spells suck, so really he's just a sub-par fighter.

Dieck: 6
Rutger: 7.5
Oujay: 5
Fir: 8
Echidna: 5
Karel(6): 4?

Guy: 7
Raven: 8
Karel(7): 5
Harken: 5
Karla: 0

Joshua: 9
Gerik: 8
Marisa: 7.5

Mia(9): 6.5
Zihark(9): 6
Stefan(9): 4 for being FAQ-bait
Lucia(9): 3
Naesala(9): 8 (but 11!!!! if I was allowed to be biased)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2010, 10:35:07 PM »
Tales of the Abyss:
Luke fon Fabre: 6/10.  Alright for what he is, but competing with Guy hurts him some.
Tear Grants: 8/10.  Decent enough healer and mage.
Jade Curtis: 7/10.  Decent enough mage.
Guy Cecil: 7/10.  Typical Tales Main style, but isn't amazing at it.
Anise Tatlin: 4/10.  Fighter Mage, but doesn't do well at either until apparently some really late game skills...which no to creditting for that much.
Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear 7/10.  Fighter/Healer, good for what she is.
Asch: DNR.  Yeah, not around enough to really rate well, and intentionally gimped.

Dieck: 6/10.  Decent enough for what he is.
Rutger: 8/10.  Swordmasters rule in FE6.
Oujay: 6/10.  Dieck variant.  Worse early, better later.
Fir: 8/10.  Swordmasters rule in FE6.
Echidna: 5/10.  Passable filler.
Karel(6): 3/10.  Pasable Filler, just way too late and at a point where you will almost never need that filler.

Guy: 6/10.  Decent, but Swordmasters are less awesome in FE7 due to lower crit rate, and Lances being significantly better.  Also better competition.
Raven: 9/10.  Like this guy! Basically a swordmaster with a slight durability push and the option of axes later on (Thus ranged damage.)
Karel(7): 4/10.  Works if you really want a swordmaster and Guy was badly gimped, I guess.
Harken: 7/10.  Meanwhile, this guy is good even if you're using Raven cause he's just very solid overall.  His only real flaw is joining late thus making room for him on your team, but he may very well beat out someone else.
Karla: 1/10.  She hands you a Wo Dao!  That's better than nothing?  I wanna give her lower, but there's a clear distinction between Karla and Jogurt.

Joshua: 7/10.  Guy with better strength.
Gerik: 7/10.  Dieck who lasts longer, and has the option of Ranger.
Marisa: 6/10.  Fir in a game with better competition; I don't hold Fir's "joins at level 1" thing that much against her since her early maps are rigged i her favor so much, she has no problems catching up, hence the 2 point discrepancy.

Mia(9): 6/10.  Vantage + Wrath is a cool combo on her, but that's about it.
Zihark(9): 4/10.  Adept is neat, but not enough to save him.
Stefan(9): 5/10.  Mid game cannon, who if built up, can fill in a slot in the major 18 unit chapter or something; not much else.
Lucia(9): 2/10.  She joins earlier and can pull her weight for at least 2 chapters or something, if still kind of suck, which is more than Karla can do!  yeah, that earns her a point.
Naesala(9): 6/10.  Awesome for the one chapter you have him, but at the same time, he's the worst of the 3 options, and its still one freaking chapter.

Edward: 4/10.  He pulls his weight, but sucks as a long term option.
Zihark(10): 7/10.  STrong early game performance and pulls his weight just enough to get you through DB Sections of Part 3; Earth Affinity helps.
Vika: 3/10.  Good in Part 1, especially in the Swamp chapter, FAILS MISERABLY later on, due to lack of use.
Nealuchi: 4.5/10.  Good in Part 2, can be alright in Part 4, but the offense is quite sad due to strength and lack of weapon levels.  Half a point for being an extra potential flier for the Swamp/Desert (depending which team you send him on), which is handy.
Lucia(10): 5/10.  Kicks the crap out of one chapter, can do kind of alright in Part 4, isn't far from a promotion which lets her fill a slot well enough.
Mia(10): 8/10.  Now we're talking.  Good at everything you want Swordmasters to be good at.
Naesala(10): 7.5/10.  Bad for a Laguz Royal, which means he's merely Overpowered instead of TOTALLY BROKEN.  Would be higher but unusable until part 4 holds him back some.
Stefan(10): 3/10.  Joins too late to care, on a desert no less so its hard to really get use out of him.  Not bad but just kind of pointless beyond handing you the Vague Katti.

And yes, this is a bit of a warning that an update is coming soonish or something
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2010, 11:23:47 PM »
Dieck: 8/10
Rutger: 8/10
Oujay: 6/10
Fir: 6/10
Echidna: 6/10
Karel(6): 4/10

Guy: 6/10
Raven: 7/10
Karel(7): 5/10
Harken: 6/10
Karla: 1/10

Joshua: 7/10
Gerik: 7/10
Marisa: 5/10

Mia(9): 6/10
Zihark(9): 6/10
Stefan(9): 5/10
Lucia(9): 3/10
Naesala(9): 5/10

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2010, 02:26:46 AM »
Tales of the Abyss:
Luke fon Fabre: 4.93
Tear Grants: 7.36
Jade Curtis: 4.82
Guy Cecil: 7.03
Anise Tatlin: 3.89
Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear: 7.00
Asch: N/A

Dieck: 6.75
Rutger: 7.92
Oujay: 5.54
Fir: 7.71
Echidna: 5.55
Karel(6): 4.30

Guy: 6.13
Raven: 8.36
Karel(7): 3.79
Harken: 5.88
Karla: 0.77

Joshua:7.00
Gerik: 7.25
Marisa: 5.21

Mia(9): 5.44
Zihark(9): 5.46
Stefan(9): 5.63
Lucia(9): 2.29
Naesala(9): 6.65

Edward: 3.78
Zihark(10): 6.86
Vika: 3.64
Nealuchi: 3.88
Lucia(10): 3.25
Mia(10): 8.07
Naesala(10): 8.38
Stefan(10): 5.42

Best Rating of this Session: Naesala (10) w/ 8.38
Worst Rating of this Session: Karla w/ 0.77
Asch gets THE BOOT, being DNR'd, you know the drill.

Mana Khemia:
Vayne Aurelius:
Jessica Philomele:
Nicole Mimi Tithel:
Flay Gunnar:
Pamela Ibis:
Roxis Rosenkrantz:
Anna Lemouri:
Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII:

Fire Emblem Archers, Cats and Wolves:
Wolt:
Dorothy:
Sue:
Shin:
Klein:
Igrene:
Dayan:

Wil:
Rath:
Rebecca:
Louise:

Neimi:
Innes:

Shinon(9):
Rolf(9):
Lethe(9):
Astrid(9):
Ranulf(9):

Leonardo:
Volug:
Nailah:
Lethe(10):
Astrid(10):
Shinon(10):
Rolf(10):
Lyre:
Ranulf(10):

I do want to say one thing before moving on, cause some people don't seem to understand:
Values not based on factors out of 10 DO NOT get counted.  Please stop trying to be cute and silly; it makes counting up noms take that much longer, especially for big groups like this.  I stated on the first page "rate out of 10" even, so there's no excuse of "YOU DIDN'T SAY I COULDN'T!"

So if it seems like a rating was skipped or something, that's why.  Its really just not funny after a point, makes counting up values that much harder, etc.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:04:20 AM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2010, 04:03:41 AM »
Wolt: Bows are relatively better in FE6 than they are in FE7 but they're still not that great, and Wolt suffers from a combination of mediocre bases and mediocre growths.  3/10
Dorothy: Better than Wolt but not by a significant margin.  3.5/10
Sue: Sue meanwhile had the decency to come with good bases and is in the better bow class.  5/10
Shin: Pretty much works out similar to Sue.  5/10
Klein: Garbage, pretty much.  Crappy typical early-prepromo bases and joins at at midgame.  Yes this is certainly an excellent way to secure a slot on the roster.  1/10
Igrene: Actually has decent bases, so you could use her if you wanted to use a sniper instead of one of the nomads for whatever silly reason.  3/10
Dayan: Not completely terrible.  2/10

Wil: Slightly more impressive than Wolt statistically, but not enough to warrant a higher score.  3/10 
Rath: Less impressed with Rath than I am with the FE6 nomads.  Guess joining underleveled at midgame does that.  3.5/10
Rebecca: Speed is nice.  Has some strength issues but supports are there to sort that out should you care.  4/10
Louise: Bad but not horribly so.  1.5/10

Neimi: oh hey it's Rebecca with better strength, a superior promotion option, and a lightning-fast Fire/Light support.  5/10
Innes: Serviceable at worst.  2.5/10

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2010, 04:22:57 AM »
You forgot Nikki for the MK PCs, Meeple (Nicole Mimi Tithel is the full name if you care).
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2010, 04:28:46 AM »
Mana Khemia:
Vayne Aurelius: 6/10. I think. Has pretty solid crowd control at points, but rarely felt special or needed.
Jessica Philomele: 6.5/10. I dunno. She's really fragile at first and her damage kinda sucks, but timed card healing rules. Also great D-support late.
Nikki: 7/10. Speed ensures her use in randoms, makes her not bad everywhere else, and she had pretty nice damage generally.
Flay Gunnar: 5/10. There, does boss damage.
Pamela Ibis: 3/10. Not too impressed here.
Roxis Rosenkrantz: 7/10. Bad start, but possibly MVP when he gets going. Mage who actually has damage! Lots of it! And Purifying rules.
Anna Lemouri: 5.5/10. Turn gimmicks are pretty handy, but her overall stats are very clearly the worst of the fighters (not as fast as you'd think, worst damage, worst durability). Too bad, when she gets her damage spikes she feels like one of the best.
Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII: 3/10. Sucks, but has that D-support late.

Wolt: 2.5/10. Wolt is so bad. Like, half the prepromos have better stats at equal levels. FE6 PREPROMOS AT EQUAL LEVELS.
Dorothy: 3/10. Better, but yeah, not much. Would be better if Saul had a horse or something.
Sue: 6/10. Seems right. A little shaky on strength but Nomad + speed is cool.
Shin: 7/10. Sue, but with better strength and a Fir support.
Klein: 1.5/10. One of the aforementioned FE6 prepromos.
Igrene: 4/10. I've used her as filler often enough, she's okay. Game's best sniper says so much.
Dayan: 3/10. Mediocre but not... -horrid-.

Wil: 2.5/10. It feels like every FE has one character who starts weak, and feels like he should get better! And never does. Wil is that in FE7. Only two of his stats matter, and one is average (Str) while the other is below (Spd). And he has the worst class in the game.
Rath: 4/10. The stats are nice, but he has trouble catching up.
Rebecca: 3.5/10. I've had a lot of fun with the evade nonsense, but objectively pretty bad. Starting stats + terrible class.
Louise: 4/10. Has that auto-A with Pent.

Neimi: 6/10. What Rebecca wants to be, yeah. Substantially more attack, bows are better, awesome promotion.
Innes: 3.5/10. Exists. Is okay filler.

Shinon(9): 1/10. lolololol
Rolf(9): 1.5/10. Also awful, but I give him a half point for being noticeably better than Shinon. Says so much.
Lethe(9): 6/10. Respectable enough since she's good early, doesn't quite keep up but never terrible?
Astrid(9): 7.5/10. Astrid is cool, but I dunno if she's 8-level cool. Great stats + FE9 paladin though.
Ranulf(9): 3/10. Lethe by the time Lethe has fallen into mediocrity.

Leonardo: 3.5/10. Lughnasadh gets him above the worst of the DB.
Volug: 9.5/10. Best character in the game. Exists and dominates the game's hardest sections generally (1-5 onwards - DB Part 3), and remains awesome in the game's second hardest section (Part 4).
Nailah: 9/10. Super awesome in all her chapters, but many of them she is competing with other awesomes. If she had a few more chapters... eh. Tempted to be fanboyish and give her a 9.5 too, but nah.
Lethe(10): 4/10. Modestly impressed when I used her, since I was expecting crap. She has great potential and is decent out of the gate. Just... cat gauge issues, and the midgame definitely has some problems.
Astrid(10): 1/10. What the hell happened to you, woman?
Rolf(10): 6.5/10. What the fuck is that strength on? Speed's not bad either. The start needs work. Double Bow to the rescue in endgame, of course.
Shinon(10): 7/10. Rolf, without the strength, but with a much better start. Think it balances out in his favour.
Lyre: 1/10. Worst character in a cast of 70. Good fucking job, try having more
Ranulf(10): 6/10. Cat holds him back, but his stats are pretty great.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:07:12 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2010, 06:32:10 AM »
Mana Khemia:
Vayne Aurelius: 7/10.  Well, scan gets him a party slot at the least.  Otherwise, INFINITE THORNS is pretty useful, the high end skills are a bit impractical but good stats help. 
Jessica Philomele: 6/10.  Drops off towards the end as you need to heal less, but solid for large chunks of the game.
Nicole Mimi Tithel: 7/10.  Fast, non-SP offense gives her some more options on where to spend her resources, plus several of those skills are prime random-slayers.
Flay Gunnar: 6/10.  Raiden Charge is great, damage is great, speed and resources not so great.  Also hurt by... well at least I thought the two nastiest bosses in the game.  Anyway, they're anti-lightning.  Bad mojo.
Pamela Ibis: 5/10.  Takes over as team healer in the lategame, and a good crutch throughout thanks to Immortal Body, but the stats definitely hurt and skilled play neuters her main niche.
Roxis Rosenkrantz: 6/10.  I only really got use out of Purify very late, but it's a good niche even so.
Anna Lemouri: 5/10.  I like her ability to pump out damage fast and switch the hell out, but this can be problematic in long enough fights so it's probably not objectively an awesome niche.
Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII: 3/10.  He has one good move, that I used against one enemy in the game.  He should not be deployed before or after that battle.

Wolt: 3/10.  Uh, well he's early filler.
Dorothy: 3/10.  Filler archer.  I suppose.
Sue: 7/10.  hey, real character.  Anyway, she's... Lyn.  Lyn without Mani Katti, sadly (Sue would kill for that extra punch against early-game knights and cavs), but still.
Shin: 7/10.  I've never used him because I don't really need two Nomads, and Sue's prettier, similar in stats, and probably better levelled but on the other hand Fir supports a good thing, so he can be even with Sue and we'll call it good.
Klein: Heh.  Hehehhe.  Heh.  2/10.
Igrene: 2/10.
Dayan: 2/10.  Sue just shames him so badly, and like I said, I don't see a compelling reason to use more than one Nomad.

Wil: 4/10.  Filler.  But you could probably use him ultimately.
Rath: 4/10.  Rath's really damned good just... the late recruitment is very stupid.
Rebecca: 5/10.  She turns out well enough, but meh to archers in FE7.
Louise: 5/10.  Well, you ARE using Pent anyway...

Neimi: 8/10.  Neimi/Colm is the other power couple alongside Tana/Eph.  Wrecks shit and has the ever popular Ranger option.
Innes: 4/10.  Could be worse.

Shinon(9): 2/10.  Like this.
Rolf(9): 3/10.  Well.  He's all the archer you're gonna get.  For whatever that's worth.
Lethe(9): 2/10.
Astrid(9): 7/10.  I mean, aside from Astrid.  weapon doesn't even matter for FE9 cavs so >.>
Ranulf(9): 2/10.

Leonardo:  4/10.  That is a pretty sweet bow.
Volug: 5/10.  Great for part one, not worth it later.  everyone is crazy.
Nailah: 8/10.  Sexy.
Lethe(10): 2/10.
Astrid(10): 2/10.  ;_;
Shinon(10): 7/10.  Quite solid.
Rolf(10): 5/10.  He seems redundant with Shinon around but "Shinon you have to raise up a bit" is hardly a bad thing.
Lyre: 2/10.
Ranulf(10): 3/10.  You really could use him, if he wasn't in the worst class in the game.  As is, well, he'll at least be usable if you feel like putting up with it.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2010, 09:13:43 AM »
Neimi: 7/10. Slow start, but really gets going a few chapters after you get her. By end-game, she tears apart almost anything. Still a little frail, but dodges most stuff too.
Innes: 2/10. *punt*

Shinon(9): 3/10. Better than Innes, but only because he has early use where he is Jeigan. Stupid recruitment and useless later makes him lolworthy.
Rolf(9): 6/10. Actually useful! The ridiculous crit rate makes him good, but it's a shame he needs so much damn help to be useful. I kept hiding him in the back lines for about 5 chapters, and that's after giving him Bonus Exp to get to Lv 4-5.
Lethe(9): Pass~
Astrid(9): Pass~
Ranulf(9): 6/10. Yeah, I used him and he wasn't bad. Will never ever get doubled ever. Shame he can't survive anything and deals barely anything by the last chapter or two. Gains an extra point for practically saving my ass on the bridge stage, since I'd lost Jill by then the first time I played that.

Leonardo: Pass~
Volug: 6/10. Ehh, never found him too useful, and haven't replayed FE10 since hearing all the Volug hype around here.
Nailah: 8/10. Laguz royal SMAAAAAASH. Also helps with DB stage.
Lethe(10): Pass~
Astrid(10): Pass~
Shinon(10): Pass~
Rolf(10): Pass~
Lyre: Pass~
Ranulf(10): Pass~

Wow, I need to replay these games. Someone remind to prod a friend into giving them back sometime.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2010, 12:49:59 PM »
Vayne Aurelius: 9.5/10 - Endless loop! I prefer Pamela + Roxis character wise/overall but yeah >.>
Jessica Philomele: 6/10 - Doesn't really fit my playstyle but I can see her potential usefulness for that style of play~
Nicole Mimi Tithel: 7.5/10 - Speed + solid offence + Tricks~
Flay Gunnar: 8/10 - SMASH!!!
Pamela Ibis: 9/10 - UBER SMASH!!! Takes a while to get going but once she does that damage is really something else~ Plus she has other haxy and/or basically just useful stuff >.>
Roxis Rosenkrantz: 9/10 - Purifying + Chains + Retraction + Prevention + <333 awesme support characters with damage >.> I'ma bump Roxis up another half point <.<
Anna Lemouri: 5/10 - The elemental damage halving move was nice! Never really appealed to me in general though. Speed without power doesn't work for CTs
Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII: 7/10 - Godly D support + fire damage - I'd prefer him to have some sort of really uber nonelemental damage too though! Do need to use him more for the OKs, there might be something I'm missing!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:56:19 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2010, 03:05:42 PM »
Mana Khemia:
Vayne Aurelius: 7/10. Pretty solid throughout the game. Decent crowd-control and decent damage.
Jessica Philomele: 8/10. Healer. Quite nifty.
Nicole Mimi Tithel: 6/10. Found her less useful than some, but still fast.
Flay Gunnar: 6/10. Solid, but slow.
Pamela Ibis: 3/10. No.
Roxis Rosenkrantz: 7.5/10. Starts poorly, ends well.
Anna Lemouri: 5/10. I always WANTED Anna to be an awesome PC, she just never was.
Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII: No comment. Didn't use him really.

Wolt: 2/10. lulz.
Dorothy: 4/10.
Sue: 6/10.
Shin: ---
Klein:---
Igrene:---
Dayan:---

Wil: 3/10. Not very good.
Rath: 7/10. I like him!
Rebecca: 5.5/10. ^.^
Louise: 4/10. Used her last playthrough; she's tolerable.

Neimi: 6.5/10. I feel like she's held back a bit by STR but otherwise pretty good.
Innes: 3/10. Filler. Kind of like Louise minus.

Shinon(9): 2/10. KInda useful at the beginning of the game.
Rolf(9): 5/10. Grows into a pretty damn good PC.
Lethe(9): Didn't really use her.
Astrid(9): 8/10. Close to MVP on my first file. Just a really solid PC.
Ranulf(9): Did not use him.

Leonardo: 3/10. Leo stands out on about two maps and is a liability on most of the rest.
Volug: 10/10. Has been extensively discussed in my FE10 ranking topic.
Nailah: 8.5/10. Good, is around for the hardest parts of the game. Low availability though.
Lethe(10): 5/10. Solid. FE10 Laguz are better.
Astrid(10): 1/10. no
Shinon(10): 6/10. Solid.
Rolf(10): 6/10. Solid.
Lyre: 0/10 no
Ranulf(10): 6.5/10
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:07:51 PM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2010, 03:29:07 PM »
Mana Khemia:

Vayne Aurelius: 7.5/10. Good damage and crowd control, dominates late.
Jessica Philomele: 3/10. Found her to be bench bait at the end of the game.
Nicole Mimi Tithel: 5/10. Great start, shitty end.  Bench bait late.
Flay Gunnar: 6.5/10. Starts slow, but catches up nicely later on.
Pamela Ibis:  2/10. That point is entirely for her uber dispel making a few bosses easier. Otherwise, absolutely useless for most of the game other than a warm body. Never found her skillset worth noting outside of the dispel and other characters handle damage.
Roxis Rosenkrantz: 6.5/10. Chrona Drive/Purification. Roxis has a damn good skillset, but ugh to the start.
Anna Lemouri: 6/10. Fast damage.
Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII: 3/10. Useful MT damage and a great D support. Just blah otherwise.

Wil: 2/10. not really worth using.
Rath: 3/10. Fun project character.
Rebecca: 5/10. Really good if you can get her caught up! That start hurts though.
Louise: 2/10

Neimi: 7/10. Great support with Colm, plus overall solidness outside of defense.
Innes: 2/10. Is Wil.

Shinon(9): 2/10. Terrible but at least has a little use early on.
Rolf(9): 1/10. Get out.
Lethe(9):
Astrid(9): 7/10. Starts slow but man, knight ward+Paragon+mounted helps.
Ranulf(9):
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 01:02:31 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2010, 08:39:33 PM »
Mana Khemia:
Vayne Aurelius: 8.5/10 - Good at all stats, best ST damage at endgame, good MT damage all throughout.  Yeah, pretty damn good.  Unlimited Blue Works gets him half a point I think (too late for any more than that, and you have to focus on abusing it to get use out of it).
Jessica Philomele: 7/10 - Frail as hell, but timed healing is good for most of the game.  Not so much at endgame but it's still decent.
Nicole Mimi Tithel: 6.5/10 - Speed gets you initiative in randoms, and that's big.  Damage is good too, but too ST oriented unless you dig into the non-SP resources, which are less spammable on randoms.  Pretty good overall.
Flay Gunnar: 6/10 - More useful for the defense busting than anything, I found.  Raiden Charge is cool and he has good damage due to that, but he's kind of slow.
Pamela Ibis: 7.5/10 - She's not that bad when she joins because Poltergeist has good break damage.  Midgame's a bit of a slump, but you can mitigate that with common skills well enough (another reason Jess is better than you'd think).  At endgame she gets a good D-Support and Kiss 2 Everyone is good for healing and okay damage at the same time.
Roxis Rosenkrantz: 6.5/10 - Purification and Chroma Drive are both really good.  Other than that, he doesn't really stand out, but those easily enough.
Anna Lemouri: 7/10 - Speed, line target ID with decent damage, and solid damage with Dancing Chaos Blade.  Also works well as a backup mage.
Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII: 5/10 - The D-Support is about the only thing he has.  Fortunately, it is actually really good.  Has more use in the bonus dungeon than the maingame though.

Wolt:
Dorothy:
Sue:
Shin:
Klein:
Igrene:
Dayan:

Wil: 4/10
Rath: 5/10
Rebecca: 7/10
Louise: 6/10

Neimi: 7/10
Innes: 3/10

Shinon(9): 2/10
Rolf(9): 4/10
Lethe(9): 1/10
Astrid(9): 9/10
Ranulf(9): 3/10

Leonardo: 6/10
Volug: 7/10
Nailah: 9/10
Lethe(10): 3/10
Astrid(10): 1/10
Shinon(10): 8/10
Rolf(10): 7.5/10
Lyre: 0/10
Ranulf(10): 5.5/10

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2010, 09:30:15 PM »
Mana Khemia:
Vayne Aurelius: 7/10 - Average with some expensive good damage.
Jessica Philomele: 9/10 Damage fails for the longest time but healing cards are just that damn good.
Nicole Mimi Tithel: 6/10 - Works but didn't stand out to me.
Flay Gunnar: 8/10 - Switching meant his bad points never stood out and is a good boss slayer.
Pamela Ibis: 3/10 - Physical immuntity is nice but really unimpressive.
Roxis Rosenkrantz: 10/10 - MVP.
Anna Lemouri: 6/10 - Switching was what I had her do most of the time. Not too bad.
Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII: 8/10 - Good damage and defences. Saved me quite a bit.

Leonardo: 4/10 - Has a sweet bow.
Volug: 1/10 - Normally I'd rate him a 3 but silly volug hype makes him a 1.
Nailah: 8/10 - Royal isn't getting higher then a 8.
Lethe(10): 2/10
Astrid(10): 1/10 - I have to rate her a 1 because even on the maps where your units dominate (2-3 I think) she is still getting 2HKOed while dishing out crappy damage. Fail.
Shinon(10): 10/10 - Due to dumb enemy AI Shinon can decoy enemy after enemy without taking damage. The fact he doesn't counter till endgame is a postive not a negative.
Rolf(10): 8/10 - Like Shinon except takes a bit to get going. Still being like Shinon is still worth an 8.
Lyre: 1/10
Ranulf(10): 5/10 - Decent Cat.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2010, 10:29:58 PM »
Might put reasons later, might not.

Vayne Aurelius: 5.5/10
Jessica Philomele: 6.3/10
Nicole Mimi Tithel: 6.8/10
Flay Gunnar: 6.8/10
Pamela Ibis: 8/10
Roxis Rosenkrantz: 8/10
Anna Lemouri: 6/10
Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII: 6/10

Wolt: Who?
Dorothy: What?
Sue: 9/10
Shin: Where?
Klein: When?
Igrene: Why?
Dayan: How?

Wil: 1/10
Rath: 7/10
Rebecca: 9.1/10
Louise: 4/10

Neimi: 9/10
Innes: 5.5/10

Shinon(9): 5/10
Rolf(9): 6/10
Lethe(9): 6/10
Astrid(9): 7.5/10
Ranulf(9): 8/10

Leonardo: 0.9/10
Volug: 5.3/10
Nailah: 9.4/10
Lethe(10): 6/10
Astrid(10): 1/10
Shinon(10): 8/10
Rolf(10): 7/10
Lyre: 5/10
Ranulf(10): 7/10
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2010, 12:22:40 AM »
Mana Khemia

Vayne Aurelius: 6/10. He's always solid, but never outstanding. Crowd control physicals and solid offense are okay niches, but not lifesavers.
Jessica Philomele: 6.5/10. The durability is very shaky, especially in the early game, and the offense is always bad. On the other hand, man, the timed healing is cool. Lategame supports are also very good.
Nicole Mimi Tithel: 7.5/10. I think Nikki's the MVP after the replay, but funny enough, there's no PC in the cast I find outstanding enough to go beyond a 7.5. Balance is neat enough there. ANYWAY, game-best speed is soooooooo good, and she's got an outstanding early game. Later on, her mostly ST reliance starts showing, but she's always got offense and speed, and keeping up the beast resource stocks is a breeze. Yeah, works.
Flay Gunnar: 5/10. Game-best physical damage and he's pretty durable! But the stats don't really work for random-busting and he has no crowd control at all. Magic faces less walling than physicals too (no Magic Blocker in MK1, at least).
Pamela Ibis: 3/10. Oh wow, Pamela is almost completely useless for about one third of the time she's in the party besides warm body duties. The skillset is risky, and while I can appreciate the idea behind the HP manipulation for No Bullying! and The Grudge, both of those are gotten a fair ways in and also require prancing around with low HP with an egregiously frail PC - and No Bullying is entirely ST to boot, making it just a boss-killer move. The use I got from her was really just using Kiss 4 Everyone for MT healing before Jessica got Healing Echo Omega. It's a pretty decent use, I guess, but just not enough to justify being borderline dead weight for so long. Lategame physical immunity also isn't too awesome: magic is very common in MK and the good bosses are all mages too. Pamela lacks reliable, efficient and steady offense, and with my mindset, playing around just for shiny numbers doesn't pan out.
Roxis Rosenkrantz: 7/10. Now, -this- is worth putting up a poor period for. Roxis starts out bad too - albeit better than Pamela, since he has Purify and better stats across the board - but, once he gets the Light Mana, Chrona Drive is just sexy. Excellent crowd control, good long-term damage for bosses and he only has to wait one chapter of poor performance instead of about four like Pamela does. Turn-shifting is also cool and gotten at an able time.
Anna Lemouri: 6/10. Anna has spikes and slumps. She does have the worst stat spread of the physical fighters, which sucks, and also the worst damage, but her speed gimmicks and balanced offense are neat enough. GT ID that's attached to solid damage is cool, as is the turn-getting game.
Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII: 4/10. Honestly feel he's a bit above LVP. The speed is poor and he starts out egregiously bad, but he picks up faster than Pamela does and his D-Support just fucking rules. The MT offense, once twinked, also has a decent and odd niche: magical damage that doesn't hit magic resistance (though it hits MDef) has some uses, and it was a nice screen clearer after Megingjorz entered the equation. Of course, others do screen clearing better.

Wolt: 2/10. Wow, suck. GBA male archers seem to never get a break.
Dorothy: 3/10. Also suck. Rebecca with worse stats and supports? Ew.
Sue: 6/10. Mmmmm. The strength really needs work, but she has tons of speed and the mobility is cool. Also like the promotion. Solid.
Shin: 7/10. Trading Sue's speed for notably better strength and a Fir support is good enough for me. Ice affinity also helps him defensively, which could be a problem otherwise.
Klein: 2/10. Wow FE6 prepromo that isn't a Jeigan or Percival - or even an Echidna.
Igrene: 3/10. The stats aren't total trash, I guess, but Snipers are suuuuuuuuuuch a shitty class.
Dayan: 2/10. Wow, the stats are not up to snuff for someone who joins up crazy late -and- at a pathsplit.

Wil: 2/10. Wil's less terrible than Wolt, I guess. Who the hell cares.
Rath: 4/10. He would be like three points higher if he didn't have the sketchy start or was gotten earlier.
Rebecca: 3/10. Rebecca is a complete crapshoot. The starting stats suck and Sniper is the worst class in the game -anyway-. Supports can be decent and she has potential, but why bother?
Louise: 3/10. I honestly don't consider even the auto-A worth deploying Louise, but it makes her at the same level as Rebecca to me.

Neimi: 6/10. Now that's better. Neimi starts badly like Rebecca, but she has: A) the goddamned best support in the game, which starts at a C in the very early map you recruit her in; B) better growths than Rebecca; C) an awesome promotion instead of a shitty one. It balances out to a solid character.
Innes: 4/10. Eh. Don't care about archers much, but he's okay.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2010, 12:45:49 AM »
Quote from: Tallychu is made of win and awesome
Mana Khemia:
Vayne Aurelius: 8.5/10 - Good at all stats, best ST damage at endgame, good MT damage all throughout.  Yeah, pretty damn good.  Unlimited Blue Works gets him half a point I think (too late for any more than that, and you have to focus on abusing it to get use out of it).
Jessica Philomele: 7/10 - Frail as hell, but timed healing is good for most of the game.  Not so much at endgame but it's still decent.
Nicole Mimi Tithel: 6.5/10 - Speed gets you initiative in randoms, and that's big.  Damage is good too, but too ST oriented unless you dig into the non-SP resources, which are less spammable on randoms.  Pretty good overall.
Flay Gunnar: 6/10 - More useful for the defense busting than anything, I found.  Raiden Charge is cool and he has good damage due to that, but he's kind of slow.
Pamela Ibis: 7.5/10 - She's not that bad when she joins because Poltergeist has good break damage.  Midgame's a bit of a slump, but you can mitigate that with common skills well enough (another reason Jess is better than you'd think).  At endgame she gets a good D-Support and Kiss 2 Everyone is good for healing and okay damage at the same time.
Roxis Rosenkrantz: 6.5/10 - Purification and Chroma Drive are both really good.  Other than that, he doesn't really stand out, but those easily enough.
Anna Lemouri: 7/10 - Speed, line target ID with decent damage, and solid damage with Dancing Chaos Blade.  Also works well as a backup mage.
Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII: 5/10 - The D-Support is about the only thing he has.  Fortunately, it is actually really good.  Has more use in the bonus dungeon than the maingame though.
Works.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2010, 01:54:48 AM »
Mana Khemia:
Vayne Aurelius: 6/10 - Good all-around, but always the first one I felt like replacing. He just doesn't really suit my playstyle.
Jessica Philomele: 7/10 - Spammin' the heals~
Nicole Mimi Tithel: 8/10 - Speedy and that's all that matters.
Flay Gunnar: 5/10 - Not speedy, felt replacable.
Pamela Ibis: 7/10 - Immortal Body was a psychological comfort for most of the game and saved my ass enough times that she basically never left my party. Also worked as my main healer.
Roxis Rosenkrantz: 6/10 - Kinda like Vayne.
Anna Lemouri: 7/10 - Speedy, but not quite Nikki.
Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII: 4/10 Meh.

Wolt: 4/10 - For general use as a warm body early on.
Dorothy: 2/10 - No.
Sue: 7/10 - Really rocked.
Shin: 6/10 - Like Sue, but didn't end up as good as a whole.
Klein: Don't remember.
Igrene: 3/10 - Meh, but usable.
Dayan: 2/10 - No.

Wil: 4 - Always end up using him as my main archer and he always seems to get lucky with dodging and survival with 1 HP.
Rath: 3 - Fine, but late.
Rebecca: 5 - Objectively better than Wil, she just always dies.
Louise: 3 - Tried her out, never really impressed me. I suppose this could go up if I used her with Pent more often... >.>;;

Neimi: 6 - The hype seems like she could be higher, but she only gets a 6 on hearsay, my Neimis always end up RNG screwed.
Innes: 5 - FE8 Archers are much more usable than others.

Shinon(9): 1 - Fuck you.
Rolf(9): 5 - Ended up pretty useful, worked well with his brothers who were -always- in my party.
Lethe(9): 6 - Useful out of the box, tapers off, but she was a lifesaver early on. Better than other Laguz.
Astrid(9): No comment. I was playing FE9 wrong and I didn't use Astrid.
Ranulf(9): 3 - Usable at least.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2010, 02:35:25 AM »
Due to dumb enemy AI Shinon can decoy enemy after enemy without taking damage. The fact he doesn't counter till endgame is a postive not a negative.

You realise you can have anyone do the same thing by just unequipping their weapon? If this is what you're hyping Shinon for, then Haar, who has substantially more defence and mobility, AND can counter when you actually want him to, must be like a 12/10. Ditto Ike minus the part about move. It's not a two-way street, though, so Shinon can't play the role Ike can of counter-killing some menacing foes so you don't have to deal with them next turn. Not being able to counter is strictly a negative.

Shinon is still decent for player phase offence reasons (fights with Titania for #2 in the GMs at first, then falls off a bit until endgame but is never terrible) but you have many far better options as tanks.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2010, 02:49:52 AM »
Volug: 1/10 - Normally I'd rate him a 3 but silly volug hype makes him a 1.

Way to miss the point of the topic.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!