Author Topic: Tourney 2011 Round 1, Week 4  (Read 5384 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney 2011 Round 1, Week 4
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 04:49:23 AM »
Peppita can't block stop, and Stasis Sword+Holy Explosion lock Peppita down. Barely, but it does it. If Delita has to drop the bracer for status blocking he loses the 2HKO, but Peppita would need Panic dance/frozen daggers/some kind of competent offense to win in that case. Delita would be using a Aegis shield in that case and blocking confuse with his accessory slot.   Also in that case, she would have to outrace the 3HKO/status which might be a problem.   Peppita should go first (Delita is not fast), but she would be opting for a physical rush. I have no idea if she can make that work with the above limitations. EDIT: Frozen daggers was physical, duh.  Yeah, that is probably bad news. Delita's playing the odds game at that point, but I think the numbers are in his favor. Vote stands unless I'm missing something here.

No equip changing, I have no goddamn clue about. That depends entirely on how accurate frozen daggers vs Delita's minimal evasion/faith (If that would even matter here). 

To Neph: Albert can definitely block stone. Chisato has as bunch of elemental options, but no earth! Yeah, she's fucked.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:38:11 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 08:29:53 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier)- No HP buffering allowed
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)- Huh. So Ghaleon is getting votes here from EBC players. That is...completely confusing. FA has a shot of killing him before he even acts.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) v Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile Series)- Sword Creation's quick recharges saves me from thinking who goes first!
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V)

Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)- Head hurts. Deprotect kind of balances out with Chris' innate defense, and Chris can just attack. I guess Fang can...stall, but needs 3 turns (Deprotect+3 Attack Strings thanks to Chris HP and evade still to kill, and Chris can kill in 4 attacks if Fang is attacking...so Chris, I guess)
Vandesdelca Musto Fende (Tales of the Abyss) v Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF)- No HP buffering.
Chaz Ashley (Phantasy Star IV) v Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series)

Heavy

Red (SaGa Frontier) v Groudon (Pokémon)
Popoi (Secret of Mana) v Ershin (Breath of Fire IV)
Zalbard (Shining Force II) v Pamela (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)

Wren (Phantasy Star IV) v Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- Physical ID. Not sure what the argument is for Wren?
Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Berserk=turn 1 status generally.
Geddoe(Suikoden III) v Surt (Valkyrie Profile)

Middle

Arche Klein (Tales of Phantasia) v Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts)
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) v Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)- He can't kill in a hit and gets worse after 3 turns. She blocks Confusion
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Raven (Tales of Vesperia)- Okay, this one is fun. Albel's status is out, since I believe he only gets Confuse and Raven can block. Raven can damage TP, Albel can drain it back. The gut reaction is Albel, because he's effectively working off both his and Raven's TP, and when runs out, Albel is basically set.

Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) v Mareg (Grandia II)
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- Without SP, Chisato would probably take this if his dragoon physical wasn't ITE. If he misses turn 2, she probably does win in fact and well...he may not an average (Meaning that he needs 3 turns to access Dragoon, she probably 4-3 and 4HKOs). Starting SP makes this not a thing, but...seems like it wouldn't be so open-shut for everyone else.
Harle (Chrono Cross) v Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss)

Light

Serph (Digital Devil Saga) v Shana (Legend of Dragoon)
Jogurt (Shining Force) v Augst Henriksen (Wild ARMs 4)

Butterfree (Pokémon) v Alfred Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
Mist (Fire Emblem Series) v Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) v Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2)
30 foot tall Super Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) v Seibzhen (Xenogears)
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 08:38:11 AM »
Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier)- No HP buffering allowed

Now, does this mean you just force Altima into her second form?  Because otherwise, even without the buffering aspect I find it hard to imagine Altima is frail enough to be killed in a single overdrive, and as noted TL can't really whittle her down very long when actually sustaining damage.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 08:51:43 AM »
Not sure if I see Striking End killing Wren, even if it's physical... Elim tends towards physical as well, after all. Always hard to decide what sort of ID should hit PS4 mechs.

Thaaat said, rechecking the stat topic I just noticed that Velna has Twisted Hell, which deals damage equal to the target's mHP. -That- I would definitely see working. Vote changed, since Wren can't blitz this fight.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 08:54:45 AM »

Now, does this mean you just force Altima into her second form?  Because otherwise, even without the buffering aspect I find it hard to imagine Altima is frail enough to be killed in a single overdrive, and as noted TL can't really whittle her down very long when actually sustaining damage.

I still allow Mystic absorb skills, and that gives him about 2-2.5 PC HP. This...just about kills Altima to me, and I guess since I don't have a fully solid number (on that 2-2.5 range) and am gut checking, I'm going to gutcheck for the awesome in game versus lolzy in game.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 09:26:51 AM »
Allowing mystic absorb skills would drive up the average by... oh, 300 points at a guess? And remember that Overdrive nerfs damage, so GriffithScratch drops a -lot- (since it has a high WP cost). He also can't use GriffithScratch and get 8 turns in OD, so he has to settle for 7. 7 shots of ~1900 is certainly under the 2PCHP mark (about 1.9x). Certainly better than no mystic absorbs, but not 2-2.5 range.

(EDIT: Not that it's unreasonable to see Altima dying to this. I don't, certainly, but one could.)

EDIT2: Actually, if you allow mystic absorbs, you should really allow monster absorbs too (at least any remotely common ones), which should drive the average up a bit further. Too lazy to calc how much.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 07:45:07 PM »
On the flip side, I was using the DL average for Altima and had her at 2.1 PC HP overall, and that should also be higher in game just with accessories alone. So still kind of in the gut check range since it looks like TL's damage is really close there. Since there also seems to be potential for him stalling a bit during the first form, this would also help since he could do a little extra damage and then go into OD.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 09:33:35 PM »
Yeah, since you scale directly against number of PCs, that sounds right.

Bear in mind that there's a very high chance you won't devote your accessory slot to damage in-game, and a few people already have damage-raising accessories (Cid is the obvious one) or can't benefit from them (Worker). Still agree that the average should be notably higher anyway just due to better setups (even that Mithril Gun, which you may well be using, will probably be backed by Attack Up or something).

Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 12:01:16 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier): HP Buffer? Whatever.
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): Ghaleon wins on damage and durability enough to matter.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) v Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile Series): Lenneth smashes pretty hard then gets Sword Creation'd twice.
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V): Castle X-Death wins? Edit: Nah, Terra takes it.

Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III): Sent'ing through silent lake probably doesn't work.
Vandesdelca Musto Fende (Tales of the Abyss) v Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF): I think he's just a better slugfester. Maybe I'm wrong, but eh.
Ballor (Final Fantasy Legend 3) v Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV)

Heavy

Red (SaGa Frontier) v Groudon (Pokémon)
Popoi (Secret of Mana) v Ershin (Breath of Fire IV): Status immunity?
Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Elincia Crimea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): ID or Energy Charge OHKO? I may be misremembering her skillset.

Knight (Final Fantasy) v Protector (Etrian Odyssey)
Wren (Phantasy Star IV) v Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Middle

Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) v Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)
Nina (Breath of Fire II) v Meg (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Raven (Tales of Vesperia): Time Stop -> Pysicals to kill MP works. Or maybe just a physical chain.
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Sara (Breath of Fire) v Charizard (Pokémon)
Harle (Chrono Cross) v Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss): Faster makes the difference?

Light

Jogurt (Shining Force) v Augst Henriksen (Wild ARMs 4)
Cotton (Saga Frontier) v Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI)
Melody (Wild ARMs 3) v Cream (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood)

Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) v Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2): Puny thwacks till something nasty becomes available.
30 foot tall Super Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) v Seibzhen (Xenogears): Uh... probabbly?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:40:26 AM by Pyro »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 01:15:26 AM »
Castle X-Death wins?

Not really. Terra can just drain him until she can blast past the limit phase with Ultima/Fire 3 (forget which you allow). Furthermore, X-Death's accuracy deserves serious disrespect here: Terra's evade is 33% and X-Death himself faces something -at least- that high in-game (both Elf Mantles and every shield at that point have that much evade minimum). Magic of course is right out due to morph/most of it being resisted anyway.

Additionally, if you hold back row against bosses then X-Death can't even one-round Terra below half HP (and he only has a 44% hit rate on the doubleact) if you see him as super-durable for some reason.

Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 05:28:03 AM »
I had remembered Castle X-Death as being crazy fast? Stat topic indicates...
Speed: 6 CT to 8 average first turn, 2 CT to 3 average afterwards

Don't think Auto-Haste exists there yet, though Hastega does, so I'll hold that against his HP. Row isn't much of an issue since he can modify it himself (though can that miss?). He has HP-1 and moves that cause HP Leak, which I presume means ID after it's been inflicted. So it's really a question of whether he kills before she does, and how evade/speed plays out. You're prolly right about evade in FF5 and FF6 being comparable.

Turn order would be... X-Death, Terra, X-Death, Terra, X-Death, X-Death...
Assuming evade saves her from Vacuum Wave (HP leak) -> Hurricane (HP-1)... the question is if Terra can kill in two thwacks. The answer is probably yes.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:39:50 AM by Pyro »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 05:32:04 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier) - I'm thinking TimeLord is a lot faster and I don't see Altima as immune to TimeLeap for leading into doubles.  Grand Cross runs into GlassShield and does nothing.
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) v Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile Series)
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V) - Eh, I'll buy it.

Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Vandesdelca Musto Fende (Tales of the Abyss) v Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF)

Heavy

Red (SaGa Frontier) v Groudon (Pokémon) - Since DeadEnd's ID rate is apparently close to 100% when the target has about 50% HP remaining.  I'm not sure it's that much worse before 50% HP, but Red just needs one attack and then DeadEnd, even discounting Jet Boots.
Popoi (Secret of Mana) v Ershin (Breath of Fire IV)
Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Elincia Crimea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - I let opponents get an action during FE doubles (since that's how they behave in-game when you double - You attack, they counter, you attack again).  This means that Elincia misses the OHKO.

Wren (Phantasy Star IV) v Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Dances to L-Range and Damage to S-Range.  Works for me.  Also, the only time you can change Delita's equips is in Chapter 1.  Unless there's something in Chapter 1 that lets him win this...  No.

Middle

Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) v Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)
Nina (Breath of Fire II) v Meg (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Raven (Tales of Vesperia)

Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Harle (Chrono Cross) v Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss)

Light

Jogurt (Shining Force) v Augst Henriksen (Wild ARMs 4) - ...Does Gravity Attacks that round down mean Augst never wins?
Cotton (Saga Frontier) v Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI)

Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) v Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2) - Okay.  Defend on Rinoa's first attack, then Tim will probably have 50 FP.  Full Heal costs 50 FP, and Invincible is the rune action for Raftina should he be staring down a Rinoa double.  If Rinoa is only 3HKOing Tim, then she can't win - Tim never even has to attack without the High Summon.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 06:15:06 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier): I think Ovedrive can kill Altima...except it'll only work on one form cause the entire thing resolves THEN Altima shifts forms.  And I don't think Timelord is strong enough to take on Form 1 head to head without Overdrive to try and blitz past Form 2.
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): False Althena's speed edge is offset by Ghaleon's double acting rather well here, and Ghaleon's got a notable edge in durability.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) v Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile Series): Covered.
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V): First off, I object to allowing Neo-Exdeath on principle that its very clearly NOT Ex-death, but a physical manifestation of the Void using Ex-death's body, so plot fusion and said fusion isn't even really him.  That said, Ex-death fails to really shut down Terra at all.

Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III): Chris can either Silent Lake, then get out tanked by Fang in Sentinel Mode, or she can not use Silent Lake, and gets Saboteur'd.
Vandesdelca Musto Fende (Tales of the Abyss) v Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF): Kneejerk.
Ballor (Final Fantasy Legend 3) v Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV): I can technically vote on this fight, but fuck if I can remember it.
Chaz Ashley (Phantasy Star IV) v Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series): Magic Immunity and Physi Wall works.

Heavy

Red (SaGa Frontier) v Groudon (Pokémon): Good one, kneejerking Groudon here.
Popoi (Secret of Mana) v Ershin (Breath of Fire IV): Equips Lightning, goes first, gets 2 shots of Death in and that should win.
Zalbard (Shining Force II) v Pamela (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis): Didn't he have a strong Ice 2 or something?
Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Elincia Crimea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Kneejerk.

Wren (Phantasy Star IV) v Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga): Believe he immunes her big tricks, so he just tanks this fight out.
Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics): Hits hard and all that.
Geddoe(Suikoden III) v Surt (Valkyrie Profile): Surt can take a few hits, so yeah.

Middle

Arche Klein (Tales of Phantasia) v Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts): Immunes Instant Death, can resist her Magic Damage.  I believe that gives Alice the edge.
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) v Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4): Not confident on voting on this one.
Nina (Breath of Fire II) v Meg (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Death.
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Raven (Tales of Vesperia): Vampiric Flash.

Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) v Mareg (Grandia II): Scaled, I think Mareg has the edge due to defenses and all that.
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story): Albert's a tank and hits hard enough, so should just out class Chisato here.
Sara (Breath of Fire) v Charizard (Pokémon): Sure, Charizard is dealing 50% more damage and can get a ridiculously powerful Blast Burn off at low health or something...but Sara's still a freaking end game BoF1 Boss and they just don't die.
Harle (Chrono Cross) v Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss): Just better.

Light

Serph (Digital Devil Saga) v Shana (Legend of Dragoon): Serph relies on Magic damage that...oh, right, Shana mocks that.
Jogurt (Shining Force) v Augst Henriksen (Wild ARMs 4): ...
Cotton (Saga Frontier) v Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI): Outslugs...
Melody (Wild ARMs 3) v Cream (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood): I think Cream's damage may be bad enough that Melody's barrier completely screws her over -_-

Butterfree (Pokémon) v Alfred Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3): Butterfree doesn't suck as much in later incarnations or something (pretty sure I allow Gen 4 form since due to HGSS)
Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) v Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2): I allow Tim fake versions of Gold Mediums that can ONLY be used for Hi-Combine Purposes, since that's a unique trait of his.  So that with a lot of pokes from his staff should be able to blast past a Limit from Rinoa pretty easily.

30 foot tall Super Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) v Seibzhen (Xenogears): Cause I said so.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 07:04:11 AM »
Highlighting to bold is a pain in the ass on the laptop, so just putting astericks around the name I'm voting for. Hope that's cool.

Godlike

**Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics)** v Timelord (SaGa Frontier) - Yeah, the HP buffer is a bitch.
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
**Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)** v Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile Series) - Lenneth is good, but Isolde piles on too much pressure too quickly, and she's not a chump in the durability department either.
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V) - Really not sure how I feel about Exdeath these days. He's better then I think people give credit for.

Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Vandesdelca Musto Fende (Tales of the Abyss) v Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF)

Heavy

**Red (SaGa Frontier)** v Groudon (Pokémon) - MOON BOO, I mean JET BOOTS!
**Popoi (Secret of Mana)** v Ershin (Breath of Fire IV) - kneejerk
Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v **Elincia Crimea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)** - I think this is a battle of whoever goes first wins.

Knight (Final Fantasy) v **Protector (Etrian Odyssey)**
**Wren (Phantasy Star IV)** v Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v **Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)** - Whoever goes first wins this. Tiebreaking that for Delita due to good ranged attacks(SRPG move/attack range matters for first turn for me) + ARPG speed headaches.
Geddoe(Suikoden III) v **Surt (Valkyrie Profile)** - Battle of the elemental nukes. Only one has a shitload more hp.

Middle

Arche Klein (Tales of Phantasia) v **Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts)**
**Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)** v Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)
**Nina (Breath of Fire II)** v Meg (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Death and call it a day, I'm sure.
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Raven (Tales of Vesperia)

**Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story)** v Mareg (Grandia II) - I guess? Sure.
**Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon)** v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - not as one sided as the below
**Sara (Breath of Fire)** v Charizard (Pokémon) - hahahahahaha charizard blowing through that hp fast enough. No.
Harle (Chrono Cross) v Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) - Don't remember Harle's tricks, too lazy to look them up.

Light

Serph (Digital Devil Saga) v **Shana (Legend of Dragoon)** - Good Mdef, iirc. Should manage it.
**Jogurt (Shining Force)** v Augst Henriksen (Wild ARMs 4)
Cotton (Saga Frontier) v **Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI)** - I'll buy Gravity Rod healing + does more damage over the course of eternity, sure.

**Butterfree (Pokémon)** v Alfred Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
**Mist (Fire Emblem Series)** v Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Mist's res was fantastic, iirc. And lily is all magical.
Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) v **Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2)** - FF8 cast not named squall doesn't care for my interps
30 foot tall Super Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) v **Seibzhen (Xenogears)** - see above.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:19:13 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 07:31:09 PM »
I had remembered Castle X-Death as being crazy fast? Stat topic indicates...
Speed: 6 CT to 8 average first turn, 2 CT to 3 average afterwards

He... really shouldn't be that fast, unless something weird is going on. He's 50 speed, we'll say average is... around 30 (this is slightly lower than the stat topic of generics, so it assumes no Freelancer mucking [reasonable at this point] and that speed boosts from gear are a little lower at this point [too lazy to check]). This would make X-Death 124% speed (FF5 "true" speed is inversely proportional to (135-speed)), which is decent, but hardly crazy fast.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2011, 04:56:18 AM »
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): Ghaleon wins on damage and durability enough to matter.

How is Ghaleon winning on damage though? She's like twice the speed with Ray and has about 40%-50% more damage with it too.
...into the nightfall.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2011, 08:51:09 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier) - Timelord hates HP buffering.

Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - In case of SL, Sentinel.  Otherwise, Saboteur, and then Commando for beatdowns.

Heavy

Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Delita doesn't have equip swapping, but the fight he's notable for, he does have solid evasion on top of high ITE damage.  With usual Holy Knight status attached.  Peppita can block Death, Paralysis, or Confuse, but not all three at once.  And that evade's not doing Peppita any favors.

Middle

Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) v Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) - Not sure how to run this.

Light

Jogurt (Shining Force) v Augst Henriksen (Wild ARMs 4) - what.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2011, 10:57:03 AM »
@ Nama/super - Panic Dance is ITE. All dances are ITD/ITE non typed special skills. That is they don't work off Peppita's physical/STR or magic/INT stats and they don't run into the defence stats of those vs targets. They also ignore Silence and Evade/AGL :) The status infliction rate for Panic Dance is also extremely high as well, better than Aura Wall's. This is relevant if you don't allow Delita status blockers/equip changing~

@ Gate - For skill speeds dances have Initiative (their effects start up immediately) Frozen Daggers, Magic Hook and Instanto Blast are all ranged type moves too. Instanto Blast kind of sucks though. The speed and MP damage is nice but the HP damage and ID rate are sadly lacking. It is not nice on cost either. *thinks* *checks* Yeah the ID rate on Instanto is only 5 - 10%~ per hit depending on enemy res ... and since it only hits once yeeaah. That's only 25% - 50% chance ID with a full Berserk chain. Probably T3 for most people. Yeah that does suck. However yeah back to the dances, they are initiative/their effects begin to go into effect right away, Peppita can use them from anywhere on the field for what that's worth, long range, short range, in a corner, what have you. They also have huge AoE (essentially MT in SO3) Magic Hook and Frozen Daggers also have solid range (better than Nel's Ice Daggers iirc) and excellent status infliction rates, especially Frozen Daggers which hits four times each use (four daggers)~

That is a good fight. Hashed it out some with super in chat and established that while yes Holy Sword is physical it is also ranged and ITE. Peppita would get physical only but. For those who don't know, Peppita's counters are counter stance/melee based - when an opponent attacks/the conditions for a counter is met Peppita will move forward into counter mode, becoming temporarily invincible and avoiding damage/status of any type. In addition while in counter mode Peppita will also deal counter damage to opponents, dealing up to four hits max at base (assuming no attack decisions on her equipment though some of her weapons do come with that attached already) of HP/MP damage with her strong counter. Counters also have a high chance of inflicting the chaos status on vulnerable/susceptible targets. Both base physical attacks and battle skills/special/tech type skills can be countered. Super agreed with the suggestion that SO3 counters were akin to FFX's Evade and Counter in the DL for all intents and purposes more or less. Delita would bypass Evade and Counter though so. 

Back to status and being completely generous (why not) in allowing Delita full access to equipment changing with all the options there and Peppita two slots to block status with ... Delita is set to Immune Confusion/Charm and has 40%~ Physical Evade, Peppita opts for ID and Paralysis/Stop immunity. Peppita can't ignore Delita's evade with ITE Panic Dance because he's immuning the status so she has to opt for Frozen Daggers/Kaboom. Delita is a smidgeon below average speed, Peppita is bang on average. Peppita definitely should be going first =) She goes first but has to status out Delita before his second turn or he finishes her off with the second part of his 2HKO damage. This is assuming Peppita is opting for Frozen Daggers/Frozen Daggers or Kaboom/Kaboom pure status chains. Frozen Daggers without Berserk gives a chain of Frozen Daggers > Frozen Daggers > Frozen Daggers which is 72% Freeze infliction rate (from OK's stat topic) Kaboom > Kaboom > Kaboom is 79% ID (OK) With Berserk she can do a chain of Frozen Daggers > Frozen Daggers > Frozen Daggers > Frozen Daggers > Frozen Daggers or Kaboom > Kaboom > Kaboom > Kaboom > Kaboom. Depending on enemy res ... Frozen Daggers is four hits of 10 - 20% Freeze per use, Kaboom is #hits varying on enemy hit boxes ...  small/medium/large ...  probably five/six for Delita, five/six hits of 5-10% ID per use.

Thanks @ super/Ciato/Snow for the clarifications there :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:48:27 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2011, 04:11:59 AM »
Godlike

Pass
Pass
Pass
Pass

Pass
Pass
Pass

Heavy

Pass
Pass
Pass
Pass

Pass
Pass
Pass

Middle

Pass
Pass
Pass
Pass

Pass
Pass

Light

Pass
Pass
Pass
Pass

Pass
Pass
Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) v Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »
... aaaaand I can't believe I missed the part where Peppita gets a third turn/is a 3HKO target and that Delita is unable to 2HKO her if he equips the confuse/status blocker instead of the Bracer. Oh well~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2011, 05:07:08 PM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics)- vi v Timelord (SaGa Frontier)- vii
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)- ii v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)- vii
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- vii v Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile Series)- iii
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)- xi v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V)- ii

Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)- iii v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)- iii
[12:03] <CmdrKing> Hatbot: LESBIAN OVERTONES or LESBIAN UNDERTONES?
[12:04] <Hatbot> I'd go with LESBIAN UNDERTONES, CmdrKing.
Vandesdelca Musto Fende (Tales of the Abyss)- iiii v Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF)- v
Ballor (Final Fantasy Legend 3)- i v Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV)- ii
Chaz Ashley (Phantasy Star IV)- i v Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series)- vi

Heavy

Red (SaGa Frontier)- vi v Groudon (Pokémon)- iii
Popoi (Secret of Mana)- v v Ershin (Breath of Fire IV)- v
[12:04] <CmdrKing> Hatbot: thisgamekindasucks or thisgamekindasucksexceptfoulu?
[12:04] <Hatbot> Go for thisgamekindasucks, CmdrKing.
Zalbard (Shining Force II)- iiii v Pamela (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- iiii
[12:05] <CmdrKing> Hatbot: GIANT DISEMBODIED HEAD or THIS IS SCARY?
[12:05] <Hatbot> I'd choose THIS IS SCARY, CmdrKing.
Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- vi v Elincia Crimea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- ii

Knight (Final Fantasy)- ii v Protector (Etrian Odyssey)- i
Wren (Phantasy Star IV)- vi v Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- iiii
Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- v v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)- viii
Geddoe(Suikoden III)- iiii v Surt (Valkyrie Profile)- vi

Middle

Arche Klein (Tales of Phantasia) v Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts)- vi
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- vi v Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)- ii
Nina (Breath of Fire II)- vii v Meg (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- iiii v Raven (Tales of Vesperia)- i

Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- x v Mareg (Grandia II)- ii
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon)- x v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- ii
Sara (Breath of Fire)- viiii v Charizard (Pokémon)- i
Harle (Chrono Cross)- viii v Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss)- i

Light

Serph (Digital Devil Saga)- i v Shana (Legend of Dragoon)- viii
Jogurt (Shining Force)- viiii v Augst Henriksen (Wild ARMs 4)- i
Cotton (Saga Frontier)- ii v Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI)- viii
Melody (Wild ARMs 3)- iii v Cream (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood)

Butterfree (Pokémon)- viii v Alfred Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)- ii
Mist (Fire Emblem Series)- ii v Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- v
Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII)- vi v Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2)- vi
[12:06] <CmdrKing> Hatbot: sluttyslutslut or bitchybitchtbitch?
[12:06] <Hatbot> Go for sluttyslutslut, CmdrKing.
30 foot tall Super Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII)- v v Seibzhen (Xenogears)- viii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.