Register

Author Topic: Tourney 2011 Round 1, Week 4  (Read 5482 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney 2011 Round 1, Week 4
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:07:15 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier)
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) v Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile Series)
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V)

Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Vandesdelca Musto Fende (Tales of the Abyss) v Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF)
Ballor (Final Fantasy Legend 3) v Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV)
Chaz Ashley (Phantasy Star IV) v Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series)

Heavy

Red (SaGa Frontier) v Groudon (Pokémon)
Popoi (Secret of Mana) v Ershin (Breath of Fire IV)
Zalbard (Shining Force II) v Pamela (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)
Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Elincia Crimea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Knight (Final Fantasy) v Protector (Etrian Odyssey)
Wren (Phantasy Star IV) v Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Geddoe(Suikoden III) v Surt (Valkyrie Profile)

Middle

Arche Klein (Tales of Phantasia) v Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts)
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) v Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)
Nina (Breath of Fire II) v Meg (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Raven (Tales of Vesperia)

Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) v Mareg (Grandia II)
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Sara (Breath of Fire) v Charizard (Pokémon)
Harle (Chrono Cross) v Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss)

Light

Serph (Digital Devil Saga) v Shana (Legend of Dragoon)
Jogurt (Shining Force) v Augst Henriksen (Wild ARMs 4)
Cotton (Saga Frontier) v Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI)
Melody (Wild ARMs 3) v Cream (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood)

Butterfree (Pokémon) v Alfred Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
Mist (Fire Emblem Series) v Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) v Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2)
30 foot tall Super Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) v Seibzhen (Xenogears)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:45:09 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney 2011 Round 1, Week 4
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 02:22:28 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier) - HP buffer makes TimeLord very very sad. So it goes.
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - EBO Althena isn't as fast and damaging as EBC. Her edges in PC-killing and lower wallability don't shine in a fight like this.
Isolde Schelling (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) v Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile Series) - Lenneth even puts up a fight, but she's dead meat the minute those Pile Bunkers start showing up, and junk like Slow and the timed cards add up real fast.
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V) - Immune Stone, proceed to mass lulz.

Vandesdelca Musto Fende (Tales of the Abyss) v Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) - 1.7x PC HP on Rank of Death? lolno indeed.

Heavy

Red (SaGa Frontier) v Groudon (Pokémon) - EDIT: ROIGHT.
Popoi (Secret of Mana) v Ershin (Breath of Fire IV) - Ershin pulls massive massive status resistance out of her ass due to being Ershin, equips Lightning and wins. Popoi 2HKOs her, but who cares, she goes first with Lightning anyway.
Zalbard (Shining Force II) v Pamela (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - Zalbard's Bolt 2x2 may not even two-round Pamela, although I'd wager it does. HOWEVER, he has four castings of it and his speed is unspecial after the first turn -and- he fails forever at damaging her once he runs out. So, parasitic healing to the rescue.

Wren (Phantasy Star IV) v Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Okay.
Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) - EDIT: eh, sure, shield.
Geddoe(Suikoden III) v Surt (Valkyrie Profile) - 2HKOs and goes first. Surt doesn't OHKO before Might Reinforce, so tough luck. EDIT: Elfboy: I'll take a peek at the numbers you provide and try to mulch through my exact view on Surt HP. The kneejerk is at 1.5x PC HP land, but I'll see.

Middle

Arche Klein (Tales of Phantasia) v Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) - Alice Gospels and wins with book thwacks. Arche loathes the ID immune.
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) v Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) - Yosuke can't OHKO, can't Confuse and can't really apply continuous pressure. Game. EDIT: Brave Blade -barely- ekes 50% PC HP with Auto-Taru and that's if you don't factor Auto-Taru into the averages. That's not OHKOing Yulie even at its most generous, 65% pdur is not quite that sad.

Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) v Mareg (Grandia II) - Speed+damage edge should work out, sure.
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Albert loves facing low-end pure physicallers.
Sara (Breath of Fire) v Charizard (Pokémon) - Jesus christ.
Harle (Chrono Cross) v Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) - Generally better stats? Yeah.

Light

Serph (Digital Devil Saga) v Shana (Legend of Dragoon) - Shana's kinda fond of them Light mages. Serph is decent as far as those go, but tough luck.
Jogurt (Shining Force) v Augst Henriksen (Wild ARMs 4) - oh jesus christ the overlord rises again
Cotton (Saga Frontier) v Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI) - Gravity Rod. Seriously. ELFBOY PLOT
Melody (Wild ARMs 3) v Cream (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood) - I played enough SONIC PLOT to know Cream can't even break Melody's barrier.

Butterfree (Pokémon) v Alfred Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) - ... jesus christ. They 6HKO each other and have roughly the same speed -assuming- Alfred has PC HP. Tiebreaking for Butterfree simply because of crit rate+you could easily view a different stat spread for WA3 -and- it's more reasonable to assume Alfred as sub-PC. Dear god. EDIT: Forgot stat busts! Oh wow.
Mist (Fire Emblem Series) v Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Against FE9 Mist, at least. Mist is just solid at taking magical damage and she only 3HKOs Lily. She should setup for Blocking here, giving her a 40% block rate, which may well toss the 3HKO into a 5HKO, and Lily avoids counters anyway. Rather close anyway, which is pathetic beyond all reason.
Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) v Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2) - 2HKOs Tim and likely 4-3s him, which means he doesn't get the time to build for a summon either, assuming they're okay. Tim -really- sucks against average damage, average speed sluggers due to his amazing durability/speed combo. First Aid may be a case which lets him win if you allow the summoning, but not sure how I view it -after- the first turn. Which kinda means that, on the average of interps, I feel like Tim needs more assumptions in his favor than Rinoa does. So it goes.
Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) v Seibzhen (Xenogears) - Chipping is something gears actually can do fine, and Zell doesn't really threaten Seib outside of a limit.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:58:58 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 02:35:54 AM »
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
I allow NeoExdeath.  Exdeath gets OHKO'd.  After that...  Morphed Ultima does 10496 damage on paper according to the stat topic, so MT'd that's 5250 damage against a stat topic average (which I don't entirely agree with, but disagree in both directions so it probably balances) of 3641, o r~.58 PCHP.  This is...  I probably use the "scaled against Void Slayers ST" average so this barely kills the front, but leaves the other 3 parts alive.  Which means Delta Attack for Stone?  Dunno if he can use that as his first turn, or if he can't I care since normally I let bosses juggle this.  Although apparently there's storebought stone blocking for FF6 so never mind, doesn't matter.  Otherwise, Terra's elemental nonsense messes up the back's damage.  Maybe the front got a Vacuum Wave in but I'm inclined toward a generous HP average meaning that that + back's physical is still not enough to kill (Morph helps defensively too anyway), so Ultima #2 takes the fight.

I think this fight revolves around Yellow Scarf.  If it's not allowed, or only blocks one of Fang's nasty status, Chris loses since if she opens with Silent Lake, she just gets outslugged, and if she doesn't, she gets statused out.  I think I allow it, though.  So... uh...  Chris 2HKOs if she Phoenix Runes on turn 2, but the Phoenix Rune slows her down, so Fang has two turns to play with.  I don't think Fang 2HKOs.  But she can arguably screw with Chris by threatening to switch to Sentinel on Turn 2, absorb the Phoenix hit, then lol and win.  Flip side if Chris just attacks then this messes up the Sentinel strategy, but if she just attacks then Fang sets up a buffed/debuffed 3HKO (I wouldn't let Yellow Scarf stop Deprotect, though it would stop Slow / Pain / Fog.).  So kind of a coin flip then based on guessing what's going on.  Close, but I'll give it to Chris regardless I think.
lolno.

Heavy

Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)
No equip changing.
2HKOs faster I want to say.

Middle

Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
I guess. :(

Light

What others said, sure.
Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) v Seibzhen (Xenogears)
Boo hiss to thinking about XG gears.  My default interp would make them all Heavy at minimum (free undispellable Haste?) so clearly something is up.  (EDIT: So Boost costs a turn.  Still, eh, Seib feels Low Heavy to my recollections, so meh.)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:17:05 AM by SnowFire »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 02:37:23 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier) - Pretty sure both PC and Boss Timelord win this.
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Hm, if I hold FA to AI... I'll have to think about this.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) v Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile Series)
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V) - No Ultima for me.

Ballor (Final Fantasy Legend 3) v Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) - Waaaaay faster than Fou.
Chaz Ashley (Phantasy Star IV) v Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series) - I think even P2 Ellen wins...

Heavy

Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Elincia Crimea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - uhhh

Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) - uhhhh
Geddoe(Suikoden III) v Surt (Valkyrie Profile) - uhhhh

Middle

Arche Klein (Tales of Phantasia) v Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) - Uhhhh
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) v Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) - Brave Blade?
Nina (Breath of Fire II) v Meg (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - uhhhhh

Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) v Mareg (Grandia II) - uhhhhh
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - uhhhh
Sara (Breath of Fire) v Charizard (Pokémon) - uhhhh
Harle (Chrono Cross) v Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) - uhhhh

Light

Jogurt (Shining Force) v Augst Henriksen (Wild ARMs 4) - .....................................................................
Cotton (Saga Frontier) v Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI) - MagicHeal?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 02:39:51 AM by Nephrite »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 02:57:21 AM »
Boo hiss to thinking about XG gears.  My default interp would make them all Heavy at minimum (free undispellable Haste?) so clearly something is up.

Seibzehn- 37% Base Hit

That'd be the bit you're missing.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 03:14:16 AM »
Godlike
Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier) - Pretty sure on this.
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - pass for now
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V) - Yep.
Chaz Ashley (Phantasy Star IV) v Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series) - Kneejerk.

Heavy

Red (SaGa Frontier) v Groudon (Pokémon) - edit: wut
Popoi (Secret of Mana) v Ershin (Breath of Fire IV) - Sure.
Knight (Final Fantasy) v Protector (Etrian Odyssey) - Blink takes this, I think.

Middle

Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) v Mareg (Grandia II) - Better slugger
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Yep.

Light

Cotton (Saga Frontier) v Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI) - Edit: wut
Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) v Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2) - I'll buy it.
Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) v Seibzhen (Xenogears) - Chip -> Smash works.  Edit: Gear-sized Zell becomes build up to Head Dive -> Smash.  Not enough of a speed gap to prevent this from happening.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:48:12 PM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 03:33:08 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier): HP's one thing I see Altima having. Hm, do I respect TL busting her speed and then Glass Shielding to victory? The problem with that is giving Altima even one turn will mean a Grand Cross, and a huge number of the ailments it inflicts are instant win here. TL can block Confuse, Berserk, and Sleep (oh yay that locked armour is actually useful!), but Slow, Frog, and Silence (well, I guess you can argue one of the Mess statuses would catch silence...) will ruin this strategy. He may get lucky once, but he'll have to do this twice, since the formshift will remove slow. And... TE can definitely fail to apply status, which would just be fatal. Decent fight though.
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): Hum. Yeah, I think the speed differential is too much.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) v Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile Series): Lenneth 1 is certainly better-suited to this fight. Oh well. See Snow.
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V): Not much to say, X-Death in Godlike and all that.

Vandesdelca Musto Fende (Tales of the Abyss) v Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF): Yeah, TotA boss HP is not the stuff needed to survive Rank of Death.

Heavy

Red (SaGa Frontier) v Groudon (Pokémon): Re-Al-Phoenix won't work, since after one Bulk Up it's only 4HKOing and Groundon can Rest that off. But... DeadEnd. Groundon can Scary Face, then go for Bulk Up -> 2HKO (MT at that, so no Deflect hype). This only allows Red two turns, one against buffed defence. Wish I had any idea how Dead End works! Abstain, may follow the crowd if people generally feel DeadEnd lands in two shots. My kneejerk is it does but if it checks defence or something... not so much. EDIT: Super brought up JET BOOTS, so now Groudon can't even use Bulk Up, and... yeah, I think the odds are just in Red's favour.
Popoi (Secret of Mana) v Ershin (Breath of Fire IV): Don't really want to think about this.
Zalbard (Shining Force II) v Pamela (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis): Only four shots of Bolt 2? Yeah, guessing the parasitic healing gets her past that.
Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Elincia Crimea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Using Tal's numbers, Elincia deals out about 1.37PCHP when she doubles. That should be enough.

Wren (Phantasy Star IV) v Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga): Does damage equal to max HP, which kills Wren immunities be damned.
Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics): If the speed is in question, then I'd say Delita having a shield tilts this fight.
Geddoe(Suikoden III) v Surt (Valkyrie Profile): An average VP team probably deals about 22k a turn when they don't Soul Crush, and about 90k when they do. Might Reinforce jacks this up certainly... you use that and do ~15k, then do a bigass soul crush which does about 130k with an average team, then another 30k. You -can- do more than 130k, yes, but it tends to involve, say, Lawfer/Arngrim/mage which is very obviously an above average team, and is reliant on the missable Dinosaur to boot. Anyway, what I'm saying is that Surt (who has 300k) is certainly very close to 2PCHP, so Geddoe would need two hammers to win this.

Middle

Arche Klein (Tales of Phantasia) v Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts)

Nina (Breath of Fire II) v Meg (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Hi Death.

Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) v Mareg (Grandia II): Kneejerk speed something something I dunno.
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story): Chisato lacks the damage to threaten Al's physical tankiness.
Sara (Breath of Fire) v Charizard (Pokémon): No healing against Sara does not work, not if you're a Middle anyway.
Harle (Chrono Cross) v Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss): Better.

Light

Serph (Digital Devil Saga) v Shana (Legend of Dragoon): Shana's good against magic, yes.
Jogurt (Shining Force) v Augst Henriksen (Wild ARMs 4): Don't suppose there's any chance this was Hatbotted? <_< Anyway, Augst's gravity damage rounds do, so yeah, hamster power.
Cotton (Saga Frontier) v Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI): Relm has this thing where she can hit herself with a Gravity Rod and heal herself. This stalls out Cotton's WP, at worst. There's a chance this match is endless (she may never be able to break past Heal), but the damage she does will be far superior to his over a long fight, so she wins that tiebreak.

Butterfree (Pokémon) v Alfred Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3): Harden and String Shot tilt long fights like this really well. BUTTERFREE SHOULD NOT HAVE LONG FIGHTS.
Mist (Fire Emblem Series) v Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Gut vote or something, waaay too lazy to figure out either character fully in the DL at the moment.
Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) v Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2): What Snow said seems like it works to me.
Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) v Seibzhen (Xenogears): Stores damage to bash past limits.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:53:19 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 03:43:01 AM »
Seibzehn- 37% Base Hit

That'd be the bit you're missing.

Well, that affects everyone, to be fair (except mages, but... but I'd be stunned if anyone but Billy or Em ends up with magic damage that beats their physicals given how much tinking I recall against endgame MDef). I assume Maria's near the bottom of the curve (second from the bottom?) for hit, so I guess her offence/speed is subpar enough for Light, though, yeah.

Granted, not seeing Heavy hype anyway, even with the Boost command (which of course I don't allow). That just speeds a 3HKO up to a 2.5-turn KO, and they have nothing in terms of skillset tricks and quite limited status immunities.

Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 03:45:08 AM »
Curiosity - For anyone who'd allow Chisato that shield that counter-petrifies, would that beat Albert or is the chance of it going off too low?

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 03:47:35 AM »
Rico was... 41%?  While everyone else was above 50 (Emeralda hit 65).  So yeah, significant enough hit to put Seibzhen in light, though a better light than Maria probably.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 03:50:18 AM »
Neph: Pretty sure Albert can block petrify, and he's certainly immune once he's a dragoon at worst.

Also wowsers, Stier beat Seibzhen for hit? Does Seib have some initial equips when she first joins which make her not as horrid at that then? Because I definitely associate Stier with missing more. Might just be a Rico association there, though. (I'm not doubting your numbers, to be clear, just wondering where my misconception-so-strong-I-didn't-feel-the-need-to-crosscheck-the-stat-topic came from.)

Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 03:51:49 AM »
Elfboy, is Red actually vulnerable to stat downs? I -do- believe he immunes status, but not so sold on stat busting.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 03:53:56 AM »
Hell if I know what governs the hit rate of stat downs in Saga Frontier (they certainly seem to miss like hell against bosses) but I don't think anything outright immunes them. And I haven't seen any evidence Red even resists them. My guess would be that many stat downs make a check against the Status Effect defence (with a chance of hitting even if it's 99, which most bosses have). While Red has many status immunities, his status effect defence is the same as any human.

Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 04:05:13 AM »
I actually thought of Scary Face for Groudon at first, but thought "wait stat-busting res does he have it" and thought he -would- due to Alkaiser being Alkaiser, but guess not. Hmmm.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 04:11:42 AM »
Clearly someone needs to test this by taking Alkaiser to something that casts Time Eclipse.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 04:15:46 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Counters/Healing

Middle

Light

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:24:46 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 04:23:19 AM »
Delita's rando-fatal status attached to his damage sez no to the healing and Holy Sword mocks Peppita's melee counters. That's not going to work there.

EDIT: Kneejerk is she needs status to win that fight herself, and I don't give turn one credit there - though turn two would work. Thing is the shield could reduce even that below turn two. Not to mention Peppita needs to be faster there too.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:29:23 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 04:35:47 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier) - Uh...TimeLord, with his boss form, I guess
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Ghaleon for uberBluelike
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) v Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile Series) - Lenneth.  Boss forms are badass.
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V) - Exdeath. 

Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Fang
Vandesdelca Musto Fende (Tales of the Abyss) v Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) - Van
Ballor (Final Fantasy Legend 3) v Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) - Uh...Fou-Lu
Chaz Ashley (Phantasy Star IV) v Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series) - Ellen

Heavy

Red (SaGa Frontier) v Groudon (Pokémon) - Groudon
Popoi (Secret of Mana) v Ershin (Breath of Fire IV) - Popoi
Zalbard (Shining Force II) v Pamela (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - Zalbard
Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Elincia Crimea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Hilda.  Elincia in Heavy lol.  Gooooooo Mercy!

Wren (Phantasy Star IV) v Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Velna
Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Peppita.  Loves facing 0 defense
Geddoe(Suikoden III) v Surt (Valkyrie Profile) - Surt

Middle

Arche Klein (Tales of Phantasia) v Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) - Alice I suppose
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) v Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) - Yulie
Nina (Breath of Fire II) v Meg (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Nina
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Raven (Tales of Vesperia) - Albel

Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) v Mareg (Grandia II) - Ashton
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) v Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Chisato
Sara (Breath of Fire) v Charizard (Pokémon) - Charizard is a better dragon
Harle (Chrono Cross) v Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) - Luke

Light

Serph (Digital Devil Saga) v Shana (Legend of Dragoon) - Serph
Jogurt (Shining Force) v Augst Henriksen (Wild ARMs 4) - Jogurt.  Why?  Because he can.
Cotton (Saga Frontier) v Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI) - Relm
Melody (Wild ARMs 3) v Cream (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood) - Melody

Butterfree (Pokémon) v Alfred Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) - Alfred
Mist (Fire Emblem Series) v Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Mist
Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) v Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2) - Tim
Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) v Seibzhen (Xenogears) - Seibzhen...uh...how is this fair in any way?
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 04:37:42 AM »
Delita's rando-fatal status attached to his damage sez no to the healing and Holy Sword mocks Peppita's melee counters. That's not going to work there.

EDIT: Kneejerk is she needs status to win that fight herself, and I don't give turn one credit there - though turn two would work. Thing is the shield could reduce even that below turn two. Not to mention Peppita needs to be faster there too.

SO3 has ID blockers, for what that's worth.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 04:41:37 AM »
Yeah she is bang on average speed unless people give credit to attack/skill speed in addition to movement/run rate. Panic Dance and Kaboom are relatively fast status. Not sure how much it matters. Oh Holy Sword isn't physical? I thought it was.
Panic Dance ignores evade but Delita can probably block that =/ Peppita can block ID but yeah Stop probably gets her (unless Stop =/= Paralysis)  Was FFT Confuse good? Peppita doesn't care about Silence (pretty sure it doesn't get dances) >_>
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:49:18 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 04:45:46 AM »
correction to matches.  The last match in Light should read:
30 foot tall Super Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) v Seibzhen (Xenogears)

Please vote accordingly.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 04:47:41 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier)

Heavy

Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Elincia Crimea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Wren (Phantasy Star IV)
v Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)

Middle

Nina (Breath of Fire II) v Meg (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 04:47:56 AM »
FFT Confuse is undone by physicals, but is good at disrupting healing/stalling strategies in general, especially when attached to damage as is (if she's stalling, one turn she fails to heal = dead, since he 2HKOs her). The issue is mostly about Peppita having to block two statuses at once here, which I personally don't allow running off the same slot type.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 04:48:44 AM »
Also, CT, FFT Confuse is just "do random, often useless actions to random things". It's rude.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 04:48:57 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) v Timelord (SaGa Frontier)- Kneejerk.
False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)- Coinflip.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) v Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile Series)- Should be able to chip.
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) v Exdeath (Final Fantasy V)- Not a stupid fucking tree.

Chaz Ashley (Phantasy Star IV) v Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series)- I think her defenses catch explode.

Heavy

Red (SaGa Frontier) v Groudon (Pokémon)- Sure, why the hell not.
Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Elincia Crimea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- Unless I'm missing something, Elinica gets IDed.

Peppita (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Delita 2HKOs with Stasis Sword+Holy explosion, even with the ice brand trick out.

Middle

Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) v Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4- Think he gets her with some garbage status.
Nina (Breath of Fire II) v Meg (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- Kneejerk Meg being terrible in the DL.
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) v Raven (Tales of Vesperia)- Aura wall.

Sara (Breath of Fire) v Charizard (Pokémon)- Abstain pending a review of hte Pokemon stat topic.

Light

Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) v Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2) vs Zophar kills them both
Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) v Seibzhen (Xenogears)- Gear antivote.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:29:57 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...