Author Topic: What Games are you Playing 2017?  (Read 49561 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: What Games are you Playing 2017?
« Reply #1150 on: December 30, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »
Crash Bombs appear to have a slightly different explosion range.  One bomb takes out two walls if they're right next to each other which I don't recall being the case in the NES game.

It depends. If you stand beside the wall and shoot a bomb into it, it will destroy two. If you're further away, the bomb latches onto the edge of the outer wall and usually only destroys one. I think it occasionally can destroy two even then, probably depends on how many pixels into the wall the bomb flies. The behaviour is the same on both NES and PS2 MMAC, haven't played any other versions.

Always fun to see other people's experiences with the games, hope you post more if you keep going!

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 30, 2017, 11:47:25 PM »
Final Fantasy Dimensions 2:

When did this happen!  Why did I miss this!

Edit - “The game uses a turn-based battle system, similar to the one used in Final Fantasy X.”

Put it inside my veins.

Edit 2 - that is a really Tales of Eternia ass intro sequence with some Tales of Eternia ass sprites too DJ, you could have given me some warning. (This is not a bad thing)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:32:21 AM by Grefter »
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 31, 2017, 11:18:07 PM »
One last post for 2017 so rushing it a bit:

More Mega Man Anniversary Collection

Mega Man 3:

Played all the way through instead of using passwords (not in one sitting, was split up by autosaves).  I know my way around the game for the most part so not many surprises.  Mostly usual deaths from missed jumps or getting to bosses with a near empty energy meter.  I intentionally tried to use special weapons more rather than my old habit of using the buster on everything outside bosses.

Got a better feel for dodging Snake Man now to where I could realistically dodge him for 3 minutes pacifist if I wanted to.
  Doc Quick is the most memorable source of Game Over for me as I didn't want to spend an E-tank.  I find him easier to hit with Gemini Laser so used that rather than the more plentiful Search Snake.  Wasn't this the one where direct contact hurts a lot and the boomerangs very little where in MM2 it was the opposite?  Stage itself was no trouble.  Scrolled zappers in second half offscreen.  Second giant spring enemy is greeted by me sliding after some Search Snakes followed by a few more for a quick kill.
  Doc Wood is still a pain in the ass followed by the game refusing to drop energy in the second half of the stage.  Brute forced Doc Crash with Hard Knuckle; didn't do much dodging.

Flubbed it at the Rock Monster, used one or two E-tanks.  With the Mega clones, the vulnerable one always starts at the top.  Didn't make it up fast enough to one-shot it with Top Spin so got the kill with Search Snakes.  Tried to experiment with special weapons on the boulder tossers in Wily 4, paid the price in losing a life at the refight teleporters.  Was a bit clumsy and ran into multiple shots at the last boss though still won without using an E-tank.