Author Topic: Meeple's Final Fantasy Class (and others) Analysis  (Read 11815 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Meeple's Final Fantasy Class (and others) Analysis
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2015, 04:09:25 PM »
That actually sounds like the most balanced version of Blue Magic in the whole series... Why the hell isn't that how they always do it? :(

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »
That actually sounds like the most balanced version of Blue Magic in the whole series... Why the hell isn't that how they always do it? :(

Sounds like Harmony of Despair Soma, aka "most broken character in the game."  It's still not easy to balance "pick your favorite 4 of these 100 abilities", I'd imagine.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2016, 08:48:37 PM »
Late, but I just found this.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2016, 02:19:48 PM »

Sounds like Harmony of Despair Soma, aka "most broken character in the game."  It's still not easy to balance "pick your favorite 4 of these 100 abilities", I'd imagine.

Soma's a weird case, because what makes him broken is his mobility combined with a few really good pieces of equipment.  The vast majority of his damage skills aren't worth caring about.  You take away the Dragon Helm/Valmanway/Berserker mail and he definitely falls back to the pack.

Though yeah, balancing that many skills is really tough.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...