Author Topic: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper  (Read 148623 times)

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
Re: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper
« Reply #850 on: November 27, 2015, 08:59:27 PM »
Also, super-jealous of Cap for that Paladin Fist... I want a reason to use Snow, game... :(

Your tears are my sustenance.

MC50

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 28, 2015, 12:06:59 AM »
Got Leon's Golden Armor. Guess I'm going to lean more towards physical, with that and Luneth's Advance. Though I will need to get his crystal - not looking forward to that.

Not sure who should make up the rest of the team - Thinking Bartz with steal power, a white mage, and... Steiner? Locke, when I get him? I have both their relics. Maybe someone who can use breakdowns. Have to experiment, I guess.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 28, 2015, 12:44:28 AM »
What characters do you have access to?  either have recruited now or can still recruit through quests, story, etc.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

MC50

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 28, 2015, 01:24:18 AM »
Started playing at the Eiko event a few months back, so pretty much everyone from that point on. I think I'm only missing a handful of characters, but there's quite a few crystals I don't have. The only story characters I'm missing are Cid and Devout, so I'm only a bit behind there (just got Fusoya)

Things have been generally going pretty good, though I did have a lot of trouble with the difficulty 99 Amarant in this event - more trouble then I've had with some of the + or higher difficulty missions lately. I've only started doing past 99 with the... Setzer event? I've been trying to clear all three +'s, though I don't always master them - and if it's really hard (Not looking forward to this one) I won't bother.

Eiko is usually who I use for my WM for Mass Shell. Sometimes I swap out for synergy, though. Rydia has usually been my BM - I have an 8 use Waterja from Orbfest (though no other Ja spells) but I'm wondering if I should even run one at this point? Worth experimenting with.

Basically - take Luneth pretty much everywhere for 10K Tempo Flurries. The rest of the team is swappable depending on realm.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 28, 2015, 01:56:00 AM »
Do you have a 5* mage weapon? If you do, a mage is always worth bringing. For Amarant, you could have used Gilgamesh with Draw Fire + Retaliate, which completely shuts him down. In fact, Gilgy in general makes a great defensive physical fighter due to that combo and his equipment versatility makes him amazing at donning offensive synergy too. Locke will be good for you once you get him, since Steal Power + 4* ability makes for a very good bitchslap. A lot of party composition depends on your relics and most of it almost always depends on what you need for a -particular- fight.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: November 28, 2015, 02:06:08 PM »
Last Saturday was awful for Greater Orb farming - I got like one Greater Ice and two Greater NEs. Just this morning, I got three GNEOs and two GIOs. RNG will be RNG.

EDIT: Seven GIOs in a day!? Okay, suddenly getting Blizzaja to R4 before Calamity Exdeath reached the realm of -very- doable even though I'm fresh out of Greater Black Orbs due to R3 Drainga. Until Faris/Krile event, not including dungeon updates and the event itself, the game'll hand me 21 Greater Blacks. Getting nine more GBOs in between that time should be downright -trivial-, I can pick around four or five a day even outside Tuesdaily due to Ultima Weapon 1 farming. I'm at 35 Greater Ice Orbs now and Shadow's event will give me another 7. The remaining 3 should be covered by another Saturdaily or, worst comes to worst, Besaid Elite farming. This can happen, guys. So can happen.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 09:12:05 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 29, 2015, 01:25:54 AM »
Zidane's bonus battles are out and, with it, one of the banners I've been expecting the most! I had two 50-mythril pulls planned for it and badly, badly wanted the Golem's Flute due to my lack of MT healing, even though it's very limited as a weapon (basically nobody can use instruments and all). So, first try only brought me one 5-star, buuuuuuuuut...

I'm saving the extra 50 mythril for Lulu's hairpin banner.

EDIT: Did a three-pull because I actually can and got ANOTHER Golem's Flute. I can't even Eiko for eternal Godlike in my team
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 02:52:23 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 29, 2015, 02:53:53 AM »
You can start a band with this guy:

http://imgur.com/HS0RvXt

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 29, 2015, 03:00:38 AM »
If there was a "Like" button in these forums, I would've jammed it on that post.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 29, 2015, 04:30:49 AM »
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 29, 2015, 05:28:07 AM »
WM Lucky draw led to Minwu's robe. 3x NE damage + MT healing. Better than nothing, but Minwu's also locked at L65 + FF2 sucks so it probably won't see much use.  More importantly, it brought in another FF4 White Robe, giving me another 4* ++ armor. Neat.

Been busy all week since my last post so only farmed, decided to skip Sundaily to do Deep Dungeon stuff since it re-opened. The rewards here are pretty good, I'm now only 3 MBOs and 8 (sigh) MNeOs to R2 meteor. If I can beat Dr. Cid in the Basch event that'll net me the last MBOs, so I'll probably try my hand at that later today after I finish up this presentation I have to get ready by next week. Also actually have to beat the boss that imparts the Soul of Ultima so I can maybe craft that eventually (still pretty far away, though after this dungeon dive I do in fact have enough 6* Fire Crystals to meet the reqs. Still need like 8 6* Black Crystals though so that won't be happening for a while.

The WM 6* spell (Reraise) and associated dungeons also opened up this month, so I went through them for the MHOs the bosses impart bringing me pretty close to R2 Break Fever. May not bother worrying about the Reraise boss for now, though, since I already have that skill on Aerith. Probably will try to beat the Combat 6* Skill boss though before the dungeon shuts down again in a couple weeks, since why not.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #861 on: November 29, 2015, 05:33:36 AM »
Sweet. Did my pull on The Mage Banner to end all Mage banners. Got Golem Flute and two Storm Staffs. Holy shit. Then I did my dollar pull and got Steiner's fucking sword. What the hell FF9?

I guess I'm good for Relics forever now... Got all of Hastega, MT healing, MT High Regen, SG, plus a host of decent burst damage SBs.

I wanna pull for Yuna and Lulu but not sure it's worth it?

Save it all for RoR or pull for one of my favorites? My FFX synergy is pretty good. Got Tidus sword, a fake 5* sword, Wakka's blitz ball, plus some decent armors. No Mage weapons but that just means I know how to build my FFX teams.

Quick update for my own reference:
Natural 5*: Regal Gown VI, Genji Helm V (x2), Gold Bangle XIII (x4), Rising Sun VI, Genji Shield IV, Sentinel's Grimoire (x3), Zantetsuken VI (x2), Brotherhood X, Emerald Shield X (x2), Balamb Garden Uniform VIII, Diamond Sword IX, Diamond Armor IV, Golden Armor XII (x2),  Keepsake Knife XIII, Blitz Sword VIII, Ras Algethi XII, Wind Spear IV, Betrayal Sword VIII, Dragon Gloves IV, Yoshimitsu XIV, Golden Shield VI, Aurora Rod VII, Gungnir XII, Partisan VI, Mirage Vest VI, Kaiser Knuckles VI, Storm Staff IX (x3), Official Ball X, Gatling Gun VII (x2), Ninja Chainmail XIV, Diamond Pin VII, Polymorph Rod IV, Keepsake Ribbon VII, Gold Sword VII, Evil Lantern XIII, Witch's Hat XIII, Purge Robe XIII, Oath Veil VI, Diamond Plate V, Gold Hairpin IV, Valiant VIII, Blitz Helm VIII, Kotetsu V, Judgment Staff V, Butterfly Sword IX, Cat's Claws IX, Scissor Fangs IX, Power Sash IX, Air Knife V, Defender IX, Golem Flute IX
Total 64
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 04:24:15 PM by DjinnAndTonic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 29, 2015, 05:38:10 AM »
RoR has Tidus' SSB. Done.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 29, 2015, 08:42:27 AM »
Cid Beaten! Annnnnnd I missed mastery because I forgot I needed to lower his attack as one of the pre-reqs. Siiiiiiigh.

Setup was

Zack (R5 Dual Delay, R5 Double Hit), Haste RM
Ramza (R4 Indoor Spell, R3 Banish Raid), Attack->SB Gauge Up
Gilgamesh (R5 Come At Me Bro), Start: Sap, Damage Up RM
Mog (R3 Reflect, R5 Curaja), Power of Mako
Aeris (R3 Shellga, R4 Curaga), Double Hit RM
SG RW

The key was to chain Banish Raid and Reflect to go off one right after the other. Reflecting Cid means the drones stop buffing / healing Cid, and then they only use Drain (obnoxious but not threatening with mitigation) and physicals (free damage!). I barely won with this setup, and by the end I was out of charges. Fortunately, Banish Raid only deals slightly less damage than one of Ramza's Throw Stones, and after my Deep Dungeon runs I have the mats to get Banish Raid to R4. Should be able to get mastery after honing Banish Raid and Reflect once more. I'm tempted to try using a Scream RW for the mastery run (With this strat, Sun Bath isn't recharged until about two turns after the attack buff wears off the first time, leaving a really obnoxious hole in my offense) since Cid's damage is either soaked up by Come At Me Bro or ignores mitigation anyway, but the drones' drain is really obnoxious unmitigated. :(

As a side note for y'all when this comes up in Global, ESPECIALLY if you have native SG/SRS and/or MT Healing, I'd actually recommend going kill-the-drones route. Tomahawk 65 is scary unmitigated, but it CAN be mitigated, and once it is it's not all that scary (Mako Cannon was way worse). Cid's REALLY scary move is CT15, which is 2000-2500 ITD damage, and he uses it all the bloody time regardless of if the drones are up or not. Drain + CT15 can kill a character instantly if you get bad RNG, but Tomahawk + CT15 can't, and if you get picked off by two CT15s in a row it's your own fault for not healing up before he gets the next one off (he's not noticably faster than your party, unlike, say, Hojo or even Rufus).

EDIT: Minor tweaking netted me a lot more damage both on Ramza and Gilgamesh, and I got a lot better RNG (more CT15s on Mog and Aeris so their SBs recharged faster, less drain attacks in general) so I got mastery with ease this time. I now have enough Major Black Orbs for R2 Meteo, just need my Major NE Orb supply to catch up now.

The collab event looks like it goes on until the 14th, and I don't have anything I really really want in the Deep Dungeon, so I guess I'm gonna try to get Agrias/Relm/Shitbrat levelled with the rest of my stamina today. Debating adding Tidus into that mix as well, since he has another Action->SB Gauge up RM. 

EDIT2: Procrastination intensifies.

So I wanted to just kinda keep track of what games are getting events by tallying up how many there have been since I started, and so I have some idea of what equipment to get rid of

FF1: 1, the only one ever
FF2: 1, the only one ever
FF3: 0
FF4: 0
FF5: 2, including the current collab
FF6: 2
FF7: 2
FF8: 3, including Seifer's that was going on when I first played
FF9: 2, including the one going on when I first played
FFX: 2
FF11: One is planned for January apparently
FF12: 1
FF13: 0
FF14: 0

Seems like a pretty even spread between 5-10, meaning I should try to fill holes in my 5, 8, 9, and 10 synergy the most. Pretty confident I can sell all of my non-upgraded 4* and lower 1-4 equipment, and I may be able to do the same with 13's. I'll probably hang onto my FF3-4 equipment for a bit as well, since they haven't had events yet so it's only a matter of time. But considering in the game's lifespan 1 and 2 have only had one event, and both events were held while I was playing the game, I don't imagine I'll need to hang on to shit from those games just for the sake of synergy.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:49:04 AM by Makkotah »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 29, 2015, 09:55:48 AM »
Spent 100 Mithril.

Got one 5*.

It was Eiko's Golem Flute.

Is that good?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 29, 2015, 12:49:58 PM »
That's just the star of the banner and the main reason I had so much Mythril stashed for it. The flute makes Eiko a god-tier white mage in the meta for months to come. Of course, given the reports on this topic...

Anyhow, I'm reconsidering my future pulls. Deciding to only do a 3-pull on each of Lulu's banner's and then saving the rest for RoR instead of spending 100. That should leave me with over 200 Myth to spend on those RoR banners, which would mean more chances for SSB weapons. Now that I no longer -need- an AoE healing relic, I can plan things more leisurely. If I ever get a SG/SSII and a SSB weapon, I'll have the game literally won for the foreseeable future.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:51:45 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 29, 2015, 02:24:15 PM »
I had aoe healing before it was cool.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #867 on: November 29, 2015, 03:28:56 PM »
It's time to form a Flute band. Hipster-Selphie can be our front-man.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 29, 2015, 04:37:08 PM »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #869 on: November 29, 2015, 05:38:39 PM »
Breakdancing Selphie T. headlining for the Madain Sari Flautist Orchestra. Someone make terrible MS Paint fanart of that.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 29, 2015, 11:14:48 PM »
In news nobody cares about: cap-broke Amarant. Now, to never touch him again.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #871 on: November 29, 2015, 11:52:14 PM »
Flipside: I got his Relic and holy shit that synergizes well with Red XIII's Lunatic High. I may end up using them both in my A-team. How weird. I guess I have a reason to use Monk abilities now. Punishing Palm and Kick along with Pressure Point will be interesting. Any suggestions on how to make them -good-?

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 30, 2015, 02:10:15 AM »
Yaaaaaaaaaaay I finally get Vivi I actually have a use for that damn Oak Staff
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 30, 2015, 02:19:21 AM »
Punishing Palm and Kick along with Pressure Point will be interesting. Any suggestions on how to make them -good-?

I've been using monks for a while and Pressure Point is excellent.  High damage and good chance of instant death, helps on those elite trash mobs (and things like Soul Cannon launchers).  So far Punishing Palm is great also.  Kick has a really low damage multiplier so not worth using.  Biggest problem is hones, the good monk abilities are 4-stars (and the upcoming 5-star).

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 30, 2015, 02:36:05 AM »
So, I beat Zidane's +++ fight today.

It took me two tries to actually have a set-up to beat it.

Then three more tries to have a set-up to actually master the fight.  Between having a dozen tries where Eiko dies before I get a turn because I have a hat on her instead of armor...  Yeah.

Mastery set-up:
Y'shtola L65 - Thyrus, Ninja Chainmail, Emerald Ring - Curaga R3, Faith R2 - Mako Might
Eiko L50 - Golem's Flute, White Robe, Rune Armlet - Curaga R3, Diaga R2 - Lionheart
Cloud L80 - Cobalt Katzbalger+, Adamant Bangle, Black Belt - Armor Break R2, Retaliate R5 - Light's Wrath (this probably could've been Dragoon's Determination for better results)
Vivi L60 - Poison Rod, Estharian Helmet, Amulet - Waterja R4, Thundaja R3 - Vow of Vengeance (I started off with Devotion, but that made Vivi too frail to survive anything...)
Zidane L50 - Rising Sun (6), Dragon Gloves, Fury Ring - Tempo Flurry R5, Dark Buster R3 - Thief's Code
RW: Sazh's Boon

I could survive one hit without mitigation, but aside from that?  Pray that Zidane procced Blind early, get Shtola to pop off Stoneskin 2, Vivi runs the first RW, Cloud Armor Breaks, Eiko casts a pre-emptive Curaga...  And then chaos ensues from there.  Lionheart on Eiko meant I got to use Emerald Light fairly often, which helped the battle go faster.  I picked the Cobalt Katzbalger for Cloud not only due to it being tied for my strongest Sword, but it also has Sword Oath as a Shared SB.  Dragon Gloves on Zidane helped him mitigate the MT Fira for himself.  White Robe on Eiko was pretty badass defensively.

So!  I think it's about time I set up a list of my gear again.  Maybe someone can help me figure out what the hell I'm doing.

5*+
Danjuro (Dagger, 12)
Zantetsuken (Sword, 6)
Butterfly Sword (Sword, 7)
Cobalt Katzbalger (Sword, 14)
Crystal Glove (Fist, 7)
Lominsan Bow (Bow, 14)
Rising Sun (Thrown, 8)

4*++
Nodachi (Katana, 10)
Trident (Spear, 12)
Empyrean Rod (Rod, 12)
Empyrean Rod (Rod, 12) (No, this is not a typo, I have two 4*++ Empyrean Rods)
Gravity Rod (Rod, 6)
Royal Crown (Hat, 6)
Ten-Gallon Hat (Hat, 8)
Thornlet (Helmet, 5)
Crystal Bangle (Bracer, 7)

5*
Behemoth Knife (Dagger, Core)
Air Knife (Dagger, 5)
Yoshimitsu (Dagger, 14)
Revolver (Sword, 8)
Flame Sword (Sword, 4)
Stoneblade (Sword, 4)
SOLDIER Sword (Sword, 7)
Shear Trigger (Sword, 8)
Gold Sword (Sword, 7)
Gungnir (Spear, 12)
Dragon Claw (Fist, 7)
Rune Rod (Rod, 10)
Thyrus (Staff, 14)
Golem Flute (Instrument, 9)
Fabled Harp (Instrument, 4)
Valkyrie (Thrown, 8)
Rising Sun (Thrown, 6)
Fujin's Chakram (Thrown, 8)
Running Fire (Gun, 8)
Evil Lantern (Thrown, 13)
Diamond Pin (Hairpin, 7)
Gatling Gun (Gun-Arm, 7)
Estharian Helmet (Hat, 8)
Circlet (Hat, 7)
Shinra Helmet (Hat, 7)
Defense Veil (Hat, 10)
Evoker's Horn (Hat, 14)
Witch's Hat (Hat, 13)
Ninja Chainmail (Light Armor, 14)
Ninja Chainmail (Light Armor, 14)
Ninja Chainmail (Light Armor, 14) (Again, not a typo.  I could get a 5*++ Ninja Chainmail, but having the three separated is helpful.)
Diamond Armor (Heavy Armor, 4)
Minerva Bustier (Robe, 6)
White Robe (Robe, 9)
Chanter's Djellaba (Robe, 12)
Dragon Gloves (Bracer, 4)
Adamant Bangle (Bracer, 7)

4*+
Warrior's Sword (Sword, 10)
Sledgehammer (Hammer, 12)
Knight's Armor (Heavy Armor, 1)

3*++
Lilith Rod (Rod, 4)
Flail (Rod, 8)

Personal current character rankings (not counting Synergy stuff).  Those I don't mention I can't really make use of due to not having the right tools.

White Mage:
1) Y'shtola - I have Thyrus for Stoneskin 2.  'Nuff said.  Outside of that, Mako Might means she can throw it out as her first action, and she's a good White Mage besides.
2) Eiko - I drew the Golem's Flute, which is MT Cura + Haste.  If I don't need a different pure White Mage in my party, she's in.
3) Aeris - Seal Evil has its uses.  Otherwise, generic White Mage like all the others I have.

Black Mage:
1) Rinoa - I have both of her SB weapons, and one is even at 5*+.  On top of that, she'll soon have Summoning 5, which makes her...  An FF8-flavored Rydia.
2) Hope - He's #2 by virtue of being able to use Mage Throwing Weapons, and therefore Rinoa's stuff.  If I need two Black Mages, I can stick the extra one on him.
2) Terra - Trance Flood is good times.  Actually tied with Hope for ranking because of that.
4) Vivi - Focus Magic is functional.  Otherwise generic.

Retaliators:
1) Cloud - He's the strongest.  That's all.
1) Gilgamesh - Drawtaliate shuts down SO many enemies and stages, it's not even funny.  The Crystal Glove even winds up being more powerful than any of my swords, and Morphing Time renders the argument for throwing the Katzbalger on him moot.  Not quite as outright strong as Cloud, but good enough to straight-up tie with him in ranking.
3) Auron - He's a Retaliator that can use swords, so...  Not bad.

Support:
1) Red XIII - Lunatic High, Support 5, and some Combat Levels.  Yeah, he's good.
2) Edward - Fabled Song can see some use, as well as Support 5, maybe Bard 5 at some point.  Can use better armor than Red, but his durability is overall worse.
2) Thancred - I have both of his SB pieces.  Despite that, he winds up in a wierd spot between Red and Edward, having some of both of their traits, yet not being quite as useful as either of the specialists.  Either way, having access to Dismissal means he can only be so bad, Death Blossom is a decent MT physical Slow, and Dancing Blades exists for bosses.
4) Bartz - While I have his Air Knife, he's in that strange spot that I don't really know what to do with him.  When Tornado Blade comes out, he'll be even better with it, Celerity gives him Dismissal, and Thief has a few interesting moves, but I can't really place in mind how I should really be using him.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:38:42 AM by Magic Fanatic »