Register

Author Topic: Re: RPGDL 2015 Season 1, Week 4  (Read 1372 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Re: RPGDL 2015 Season 1, Week 4
« on: March 22, 2015, 07:51:14 PM »
Godlike

Profound Darkness (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Reclaimer Dragon (Wild ARMs 4)

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier)
Athos (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)

Middle

Poco (Arc the Lad II) vs Khalamari (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Sara (Breath of Fire)

Light

Anna (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Nei (Suikoden III)
Miriel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Miranda (Grandia III)

Data Mine

Please suggest games for the Data Mine!
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 09:43:01 PM »
Godlike

Profound Darkness (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)- PD
Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Reclaimer Dragon (Wild ARMs 4)- CoD

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier)- Red. I think
Athos (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- Athos. Even with no counters, Arnaud's damage is lacking (and if he wants to play with Hyper, then he does eat the counter)

Middle

Poco (Arc the Lad II) vs Khalamari (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- Poco sure why not.
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Sara (Breath of Fire)- Yulie

Light

Anna (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Nei (Suikoden III)- Anna
Miriel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Miranda (Grandia III)- Good match. Probably need more accurate notes on Miranda. The question probably comes down to who gets the second turn first. Miranda should OHKO after Wow! I think. Abstaining because this could go either way. That said, for those who don't scale AS like I do, I think this is a cleanish win for Miranda.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:49:42 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 10:02:25 PM »
How's CoD's speed?  I think that Reclaimer *barely* 2HKOs (according to math, he actually misses the 2HKO, but I'm willing to hit CoD durability a bit holistically anyway) and insta-doubles average speed, but if CoD was a tad faster than average she might be able to just open with her own OHKO.

Heavy

Uhhh.  I certainly wouldn't let Illusion work on most mages, but FE ones, maybe.  Could be argued.

Middle

Light

Tremor is apparently MT, Miranda is slightly faster than average, and she's got good magic resistance.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Re: RPGDL 2015 Season 1, Week 4
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 10:44:13 PM »
Godlike

Profound Darkness (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII): Best-case scenario for Sephiroth is that he doubles constantly after the first turn, and could kill in as few as eight of his own attacks? Opening with Wall of course, that would give PD only four turns to work with, and thus she could do something close to 2PCHP. Even then, though, that's enough.
Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Reclaimer Dragon (Wild ARMs 4): Reclaimer absolutely does not 2HKO here. Rushing Beat should manage 0.71 by Tide's numbers once CoD's defences are taken into account, and I have CoD at 2.1 PCHP. You'd have to see her HP over a third lower for her to lose this. (or obviously something like a lower WA4 HP average)

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier): We've seen this before. Rofel can win, but it requires seeing the RaySword as breakable, and... I think there was some other shaky judgement call which made me vote Red.
Athos (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4): Illusion doesn't work on evadable magic in WA4, no reason it should work on evadable magic from FE. That said, Magic Blocker -does- work, which helps keep things interesting? But... no, wait, calcing things out, Luna still barely 2HKOs Arnaud. Arnaud could get lucky here with his ID or Magic Blocker kicking in quickly enough, but seeing as Athos has some evade of his own, criticals of his own, and always wins in 2 attacks while Arnaud may need many more, definitely have to side with Athos.

Middle

Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Sara (Breath of Fire): Haste gives her way too many spare turns to work with.

Light

Anna (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Nei (Suikoden III): Anna's evade is too much, again. Nei even tanks through Levin Sword easily, but Brave Sword is good enough. Chances are that Anna will still be alive after 3 attacks despite being 2HKOed, which means she gets in three counters and two of her own attacks minimum.
Miriel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Miranda (Grandia III): Miranda is fortunate she has GT physical damage. I'm not sold on Tremor hype (it's slow and hits the wrong defence), but Wowed techs 2HKO and Force Slash avoids the counter. I have to think that Wow -> Force Slash -> Dagger Dash ends up above average speed over 3 turns given how fast Dagger Dash is in particular.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:46:03 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 11:30:31 PM »
Profound Darkness (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) - 2HKOs before Wall and shouldn't get less than four turns.
Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Reclaimer Dragon (Wild ARMs 4) - uh sure

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier) - Hello.
Athos (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) - Surely.

Poco (Arc the Lad II) vs Khalamari (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - uh how does Khalamari ever win this? He hits the wrong defense and his backup barely 3HKOs Poco. Even hitting a 25% weakness, Poco mdur is certainly enough to stave off a 2HKO, which Khal doesn't hit against -average-.
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Sara (Breath of Fire) - If NEB's voting this way...

Anna (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Nei (Suikoden III) - Brave Sword counters.
Miriel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Miranda (Grandia III) - I'm actually not entirely sure GT is -necessary-? Sage Miriel pdur is a thing.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 12:49:06 AM »
More than happy to switch my vote to Poco. For some reason I thought Kalamari was physical. Either way, good riddance to the squid.
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 06:32:47 AM »
Godlike

Profound Darkness (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)

Heavy

Light

Miriel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Miranda (Grandia III) - Probably.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 07:00:28 AM »

Godlike

Profound Darkness (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium)' vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vsRed (SaGa Frontier)

Middle

Poco (Arc the Lad II) vs Khalamari (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)

Light

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 05:03:04 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Poco (Arc the Lad II) vs Khalamari (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- No vote.

Light

Data Mine

Dragon Quest III
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 09:11:17 PM »
Godlike

Profound Darkness (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) - Sephy runs into PD durability/formchain slugfest combo alongside his own pattern woes.  PD just crushes.
Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Reclaimer Dragon (Wild ARMs 4) - Can't vote, but I'm pretty sure Cloud of Darkness is not that frail as to be 2HKO'd by Reclaimer.

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier) - Yeah, pretty sure Red's got this, unless the stat losses from breaking his other equipment would be too much.  Definitely don't see the Rayblade as breakable, so it boils down to how important his other gear is.
Athos (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) - Normally I'd Disgaea Clause the evasion to MEvade and that'd be that, but there's one thing that keeps me from doing so: Athos is using basic attacks, and I swear I remember seeing MAG-based magic-damage basic attacks somewhere hit pEVA.  Abstaining for now until I can remember where I saw this edgecase.

Middle

Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Sara (Breath of Fire) - Yeah, Yulie keeps drawing duellers she just flat-out walls between her buffing and healing depth.

Light

Anna (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Nei (Suikoden III) - Nei versus one of the non-miserably terrible Lights.
Miriel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Miranda (Grandia III) - Going to say, yeah, buffing+MT helps seal it for Miranda.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 09:28:46 PM »
Athos (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) - Normally I'd Disgaea Clause the evasion to MEvade and that'd be that, but there's one thing that keeps me from doing so: Athos is using basic attacks, and I swear I remember seeing MAG-based magic-damage basic attacks somewhere hit pEVA.  Abstaining for now until I can remember where I saw this edgecase.

I'm not 100% sure if it's relevant, but a similar example is staves/sticks/music/books all running off MA in FFT and all running into the physical evasion checks.  Is that what you're thinking of?

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 10:29:24 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Miriel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Miranda (Grandia III) - My noms did rather well in Light. Three of the four semifinalists?
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 02:59:22 AM »
odlike

Heavy

Athos (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4): I think the magic counters spoil Arnaud?

Middle

Poco (Arc the Lad II) vs Khalamari (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): I guess? Unless Poco is 2HKOd. He was water-type I think, so he takes 25% more damage from fire? Something like that.
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Sara (Breath of Fire): Sorry bout that Sara.

Light

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 11:35:55 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Data Mine

Persona Q (Zen&Rei, bosses, making Q forms available for any existing character that wants one if any?)?
Citizens of *is shot*

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 02:09:41 AM »
Godlike

Profound Darkness (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium)- iiiiiiiiii vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III)- iiiii vs Reclaimer Dragon (Wild ARMs 4)- i

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiiiii
Athos (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- iiiiiii vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- i

Middle

Poco (Arc the Lad II)- iiii vs Khalamari (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- iiiiiiiii vs Sara (Breath of Fire)

Light

Anna (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- iiiiiiiii vs Nei (Suikoden III)
Miriel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Miranda (Grandia III)- iiiiiiii