Author Topic: Division Rankings rambling.  (Read 40372 times)

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Division Rankings rambling.
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2021, 11:06:49 PM »
Cthulhu Saves the World

Cthulhu- 4.1. Around 1.25 PC HP damage over 2 turns and he's fast (or against Dark res, falls to a little about PC HP).  Drain Strike protects him well if he's heal locked and needs to stall. No real answer to status or high end evade though, but good slug-fester.

Umi- 4.3. The durability is painful, but if she can shut off your offense, she doesn't really care. If she can't status out someone's offense in Heavy, she's probably losing (sure, she can take time to inflict Poison, inflict Insanity, Buff...but then she's still taking a durability cut). For all that none of the statuses shut off heailng, between Cute Pose, Chaos Trident and Prey on the Weak, that's not really an issue...was my initial thought. But then I realized that Insanity could arguably be status healed.

Reasons why it should
It's reversible in game (albeit not something enemies do)
Prey on the Weak doesn't get a boost from Insanity (other than the typical boost) could be a counter reason, but it also doesn't get a boost from Slow and Slow it cured by status healing on the PC side, so Insanity could still conceivably be a status by that regard

The only solid reason why it shouldn't is enemies can't do it in game, but enemies have no status healing so that's not really a useful comparison. Inclined to say status healing cures it, in which case Umi loses a couple potential fights because neither Seal or Insanity will stop some nasty buffs or healing  + status healing. There is the speed game which I'm not inclined to give much credit to

Sharpe- Above average PDur, 107% Speed, 49% Wind damage (33% Holy as backup or 25% ITD damage). I'm a little torn on Sharpen v Stalwart Heart. Stalwart Heart is a very bad choice in game, and in a game where you can't switch skills, I'm more and more inclined on foucsing on obvious in-game choices over "Only useful in the DL".

With 6 turns of Combo Master accruing, Sharpe will get an OHKO (and still be taking less damage than normal even with the damage penalty). I'd have to see if play out, but Stalwart Heart Sharpe could be a low Heavy. Going to say 3.45 for now which Sharpen though.

October- ID pest with ID gained 3 levels before end-game (granted, her in game strengths aren't really DL applicable, so there's a slight balance). Durability is bad, but how many Middles are running around with 66% Physical Damage? Not enough to see her get OHKOed too often.  3.4

Paws- Think not enough for Middle. Fast 4HKO where the only other strategy is that it can be anti-healing (at cost of 20% durability). Not respecting CSTW stalling really hurts him and his strategies don't play well together (Nuke ignoring insanity, Nuke's damage being locked in when it's used). More SD respect might push him up. 2.95

Dacre- So for me, he's very reliant of turn 1 Seal/Blind. Haste-healing is a good combo...but two major issues: 1. Fails to lap average speed when using Haste, so there's a lot of room to 2HKO him (so for everyone else, he'd lose to an dead average PC; status saves him from that for me). 2. I have disrepect for the stalling that will manifest here. Which is to say, I think I'll see him lose to basically any other half-way decent healer (unless they have Mint or Rena like damage). 3.35

Ember- Decent in game (good MT damage source...which is the most important thing in a game that's basically hordes of trash mobs), lacking in the DL. 5HKO, slow, durability isn't offsetting this, not a single trick. 2.6
...into the nightfall.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2021, 02:35:31 AM »
Saga Frontier

Quick Notes:
1. I allow GriffinScratch (the damage at least), so most Mystics will be opting for this (Not Nusakan, Rei or White Rose)

2. Kill Point is a little over 8k

3. I am a little more restrictive on spending. Basically, if you have already spent more than $10K, I'm not allowing different setups. Also, if you have empty accessory slots, those will be filled for parity.

4. No expensive, durability shafting ID protection

5. I’m allowing Monsters to opt for the ZeroWorm form. This is a fairly easy form to get (needs 3 68% Skills). However, monsters in this form will only get the moves they start with (and can’t switch back to the other default forms)

6. I believe I adjsuted defense averages based on the same averages NEB did.

7. Ignoring Mystic Coup d’Grace for Mystics as this changes your stat layout if it works in game, and it doesn’t work on either of the absorb monsters. By endgame, you are making your PC worse if this works in game.

And for the rest of Coup d’Grace, I see much lower rates. It’s attached to 2750 Damage. B9 enemy HP with isn’t ID immune is 4000 (5000 average, this falls to 3850 w/o Kraken. They have a lot of HP, but other status defangs them so much more easily than cutting through their damage, so I’m saying 4000). Basically, the formula of

90 * (Lost HP/Current HP) + 9
I make that 90à28. This is 31.25% of 90 to replace the 68.75% of B9 enemy HP where the Coup D Grace kicking in just swipes the kill the damage would do. Then I make that 28->17 (this is the effect of standard prorations I make for all status)
So at various HP losses
25%- 14.6%, 35%- 18.2%, 50%- 26%, 60%- 34.5%, 70%- 48.7%, 80- 77%, 84- 98.25%

8. The big one is that I included what I'd imagine status resistance is based on some cursory tests on PC and testing status on enemies thoroughly. Poor PSY will mean that a lot of status will punish you badly.

Asellus- 54% ITE Damage, Turn 3 ID, 106% Pdur, 93% Mdur, 50% Evade against ST physicals with a chance of adding on more damage (not turn 1 against LR physicals though), but 47.3% weak to a bevy of statuses. -0.47 SD doesn't help. I think there might be a few too holes to float to Heavy (and I might be overrating her now due to biasing her towards her ending rank). Almost might want to go for more JP at the cost of stats, but that runs of the risk of not getting Lifesprinkler. 3.6

Emelia- ~115% PDur, ~118% Mdur. A little weak to status (13.5%) and 47.7% ITE and partially ITD damage off initiative. Doesn't have as large weaknesses as Asellus, but less attack options hurt. 3.65

Fuse- ~110% PDur, 96% Mdur and 8.3% Status res. 41.5% damage that has some anti-healer properties (26% ID at 50% enemy HP, 48.7% at 70%, 77% at 80%). The healing and the stat boosts game rounds out everything fairly well though. 3.9

Gen- More durable than Asellus (114% Pdur, 100% Mdur), but 45% damage in turn and no ID option. A little faster at -0.27 SD. 3.35

Red- ~150% Pdur, 130% Mdur, immune to all the nasty statuses, 1.13 SD, 61% ITE Damage and some bad backup ID should it ever be useful (probably for Ness like situations). Clear Heavy. 4.2

Roufas- 104% PDur, 90% Mdur, a tad status weak, 43% ITE/partial ITD damage off 1.63 SD speed with full healing and the stat boosting (at which point it's ~64% damage). 4.1 works.

Rouge- I do allow him Light magic (ties in with plot of get magic and he's placed so that he can't miss it. He'd prefer that he get guns based on just being the best with them, but his plot says magic over guns) and I do see him using guns about 25% of the time for stats, so he's notably better on some things to me. 80% Pdur, 74% Mdur, 20% Status Res, -0.57 SD (a little gun use goes a long way here) and 36.7% magic damage. The ID is turn 3 including Light Sword used first, so he can try a little evasion game (which is basically 25% to me, so will avoid 1 of 3 attacks if relevant). Don't think that's enough to get out of Light though as a slow, frail turn 3 killer will tread too much water in MIddle. 2.85

T260G- And our first Godlike. The great durability (2.65 Pdur, 3.05 Mdur, ~10% Regen, the VMAX option) and the speed is solid, but can't really rush out of the gate against a foe with great durability (either needing a turn for VMAX or damage dropping off a cliff after Magnify). So high class Godlikes and those with those nasty ITD can take her, but 4.9

TimeLord- And our second Godlike! Initiative 214% Physical Damage or a lot of Stone. Even a magical option for Brahms maybe. Against very durable bosses he'll be in a bit of trouble, but 4.95 works.

White Rose- 77.5% Pdur, 90.5% Mdur, 21% Status Res, 0.03 SD, 38.6% Damage. Light Sword helps everything a little, giving her 25% Evade, a 10% Damage Boost and some more speed/durability, although it's not a great help without a move that gets ShellShield's evade. Still many other Mystics would be quite envious. 3.3

Capt Hamilton- 110% Pdur/~95% Mdur, 22.3% Status Weak, 45% ITE Damage off slightly above average speed or 43% ITE/partial ITD off good speed plus a turn 4 ID option. Solid MIddle slugger. 3.65

Doll- Starts with a gun, wielding a gun in the official art, gets guns in the DL. 90% Pdur, 80% Mdur, light status resistance, 45% fast ITE/partial ITD damage and a draining move that heals 50% of Doll's HP but horrible damage (22HKO!). 3.45

Liza- 122.4% Damage! And it's fairly repeatable, which often isn't the case for PC damage of that level. 104% Pdur, 90% Mdur, 32.5% evade, 0.13 SD...but 39.3% weak to status. It's hard to see her in Godlike because of this since there might be Middles running around who can capitalize on this (or blah, there might even be Lights potentially). 4.4

Lute- 112% Pdur, 98% Mdur, 32.5% Evasion, but 44% weak to status  and -0.97 SD. 46.5% ITE Damage helps, but a very slow 3HKOer with a hideous status weakness sounds like a Light albeit a solid one. 2.95

Mei-Ling- 86% Pdur, 78% Mdur, 12% STatus Res, 45% fast ITE/partial ITD damage plus a slightly above average speed 34% Magic option. Unlike White Rose, the ability to take advantage of ShellShield with her best damage makes Light Sword's Deflect a lot more useful giving her ~45% evade. Probably gets into low Heavy when it all adds up. 3.9

Dr Nusakan- 101% Pdur, 102% Mdur, a sliver above average speed (although I don't think that matters too much). I see him getting the Arcane spells, so he has a 139% Thunder nuke. He has the durability to not be OHKOed in Heavy and has 33% status res, so I think he could be Godlike on just that, but the initiative defenses up + healing clinch it since that 1.5 durability with 60% free infinite healing is solid. 4.6

Mesarthim- 95% Pdur, 85% Mdur, 30% STatus Res, +1 SD Speed, 33% Damage Phys or 18% Water Magic. Cockatrice is out (15% base hit rate if she forgoes GriffinScratch is not going to be helpful). Hide Rune + Vitality Rune is a cute way to spoil non-OHKO ST damage. She can buff damage about 30%  with about a 20% durability buff. Going with 3.5. The ST spoiling does allow for punching far above her weight.

Rei- Hilarious.  That durability is something with 34.5% Pdur and 40.7% Mdur. She is above average speed (barely) at 0.03 SD, so she can get some of the glass shield spoiling against average or slower. The status isn't great (low turn 2 on the ID to me, so slower Lights who don't OHKO might get caught up), but could nab her some wins. 2.65. This could be low or hideously too high.

Zozma- 71.9% Pdur, 84% Mdur, 32% Damage, and 0.63 SD. Runs from Fire/Ice and Thunder isn't much better. While normally Stun in the DL would be a joke, I'm okay with it letting him double if it hits enough times in a row. Despite the stat drop from going for GriffinScratch, my adjustments has Sharp Pain at 96%. It would basically hit 15 times in a row before missing, which will often net him two doubles. Through in Mystic stuff and I could this swing low, low Middle. 3.1

Leonard- 195% PDur, 225% MDur, -0.27 SD and 44% Phys Damage. 10 shots of 70% Healing can extend that durability much further
Damage. Great in a pure-slugfest, although hates ITD and doesn't like fellow good healers much, although Energy Supply does help there. Still in Godlike. 4.65

PzkwV- 356% Pdur, 444% Mdur, 77% Turn 1 Magic damage, but only 17% damage after that. The durability is so good, but the damage options really likely limit to Heavy. 4.4

Rabbit- 220% Pdur, 253% Mdur, 7% Regen, 1.23 SD, but the same damage limitations as PzKwV (although having a little bit more could goa  long way). I think probably about even with PzkwV, so 4.4

ZEKE- 218% Pdur, 251% Mdur, 1.63 SD, 56% Physica Damage (Only 5 shots) or 34% ITE Physical Damage (Only 6 shots). Gut though is that this does work for low Godlike since ZEKE can rack up damage much more quickly than the above two. 4.6

Cotton- 83% Pdur, 90% Mdur, 18% Status Resistant, -0.77 SD and a whopping 7% damage. However, 70% infinite initiative healing covers a lot of flaws. Still a Light, but goodfor the division. 2.9

Kylin- ~91% Pdur, 80% Mdur, -1.17 Speed, 15.6% Damage, a little bit of Regen. Wins or loses on the skin of its teeth turn 2 ID. 3.1?

Riki- 125% Pdur, 293% Mdur, -49% to Status, -1.17 SD and 11% Damage. I allow the itemcast from his starting ring, which gives him 251% PDur and 943%! Mdur. Throwing in Cotton's infinite healing trick. The stone rate is sad, but it's like turn 5 to me so given the durability and 80% infinite healing it's effective enough. It's wacky, but given the status resistance and the durability options, it's hard to see him as even a Middle...so...4...Which needless to say, feels very weird to write.

Sei- ~107% Pdur, ~114% Mdur, 19% Phys Evade, 35% Magic Damage Evasion, lots of status immunity, some regen, but 19% damage adn -0.97 SD. HP Drain is also an option...except he might only get 1/4 of the healing there. Well, assuming he gets it all, that's 51% healing and he'd be a definite Middle.Not big on healers. 3.25

Slime- Last and least. 75% Pdur, 85% Mdur, 5% Damage, -1.07 SD. Heals 37% of its HP off its best damage which is the only thing it has going for it, but it's fragile and slow enough that it will get doubled and might just be killed. Still, beats sad Lights. 2.5
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2021, 03:09:23 AM »
7. Ignoring Mystic Coup d’Grace for Mystics as this changes your stat layout if it works in game, and it doesn’t work on either of the absorb monsters. By endgame, you are making your PC worse if this works in game.

This isn't true. Many enemies, including all enemy humans and mystics (read: DL-like opponents) can't be absorbed, but can be hit by the instant death. And even if it were true, it ignores the functionality of the move the rest of the game, in particular being the easiest way by far to get most absorbs. (Not the endgame ones, as you note... pretty sure I'd sooner ban those for that reason than ban mystic CdG.)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2022, 02:52:58 AM »
Serenoa- 107% HP, 99% Speed, 55% Damage Twice, 47.6% Damage with 0.5 Turn Delay, Semi Weak Counters. A straightforward Middle, not super impressive. 3.25

Roland- 97% HP, 103% Speed, 105% Damage on Turn 2 (76% being ITD and coming at once). Not all that different from Serenoa, but speed and ITD is an edge. 3.35

Frederica- 92% HP but bad defense, 95% Speed. Solid 2HKO (76%) although not quite a level where many OHKOs will be grabbed. I think I've overrated the effect of elemental resistance in the past. 2.9

Benedict- Fast and physically durable, but 5HKOs sadly. 2.35

Hughette- Relatively average durability, 99% Speed. 3HKOs and can do that while inflicting an effective Blind or Don't Move. Certainly some kind of Middle. Say 3.35

Geela- 10HKOs on average. Sure, infinite healing that can sometimes heal more than 50% HP but that damage stings. Miraculous Light may spoil a few times, I think this is better than Benedict, so...2.5?

Anna- One of the two clear Heavies. 118% Speed, 2HKOs (114.4% over two turns, although a bit more spoilable by evade due to needing to hit 4 times), Sleep is turn 1 to me and has has use as might Take Cover. 3.95

Erador- 110% HP, Decent Physical Defense, horrible Mdef (but Fury helps cover that), 91% Speed. ~35% Damage with mage spoiling. I think that gets him into Middle and Desperate Defense nets him a few more wins too. 3.25

Corentin- Same basic stats as Frederica, but his 71% damage move also inflicts Silence, making him a Middle to me I think. 3.15

Rudolph- A tad slow and undurable, but 54% Damage or 96% damage over two turns where the first one inflicts Sleep. That's a nice boon  that makes him a solid Middle to me. 3.5

Narve- Good in game mage with DL issues. 66% Damage that has turn 2 Paralysis to me and that's about it (other than having a physical that registers on the damage curve; still not good) and a better defensive profile. Still a decent Light. 2.8

Hossabara- Pretty average all around. A tad slow, but damage is a little above average. Desperate Defense is nice though and I think makes her borderline. 3

Julio- 107% HP, 99% Speed, 3HKOs of both types (34.5% Magic, ~42.7% Physical) plus TP Damage (for whatever that is worth. I'd see it do a limit versus FF 7, Legend of Heroes, VP...etc). 3.15

Lionel- 113% HP, 91% Speed, 4HKOs, but status! Turn 1 Fury for Healers/Mages, Turn 1 Sleep or Silence (Sleep is the one he wants. Fury already gets Mages, and Sleep means Brute Force will hit and will likely net him a 3HKO). Gut is Middle. 3.2

Piccolletta- 103% Speed, 98% HP, 5HKO damage. Everything rides on Decoy. I think I see Decoy working on ST damage if the Decoy has less durability than Piccoletta. Piccoletta will often need to take at least 2 hits in Light to be weaker than the Decoy, which has horrible stats. A weird Light, but not necessarily bad. Evade helps. 2.8

Ezana- 65.6% Lightning magic with turn 1 Paralysis. 3.4

Medina- Well, I allow some level of (bad) items. I'm just giving her the same score as Benedict. 2.35

Archibald- 90% HP, 91% Speed, 65% ITD damage though! 3.4

Milo- 98% HP, 107% Speed, 23.7% Physical Damage and 35% Magic Damage with a minor Poison. Turn 2 Evasion is nice as is turn 1 Charm. Still not an impressive Middle, but say 3.3

Groma- 86% HP, but solid defenses and 32% Evade and 110% Speed. 113% Damage total on turn 2, turn 1 Fury for Mages/Healers, Immobilize may have some use versus SR fighters. I feel like she just is slightly over the border for Heavy. 3.8

Flanagan- 119% HP, 95% Speed, about 8% Auto-Regen. Solid Pdef, bad Mdef but another fighter where turn 1 Fury helps there. 33.5% Damage. Middle. 3.25

Maxwell- 104% HP, 110% Speed, OPB Auto Life and 51.5% Damage. 4

Cordelia- Weird. Can use Above and Beyond every other turn against ST fighters, so if you don't 2HKO her you may have issues even with some anti healer stuff. 2.65? Could be misdiagnosing.

Trish- 107% Speed, 48% Fire damage that can be used twice off the bat, 33.5% Damage Otherwise or 31% consistent ITE. I think she scrapes into low Middle. 3.05

Travis- 110% HP, 95% Speed, 56% Damage. 3.15

Quahaug- 93% HP, 118% Speed, bad Defense, weird as hell. One key option:

Attack (he has to since In Due Course needs 4 procs + attack to kill)->Take hit->Stop Time->In Due Course->Enemy is stopped takes damage->in Due Course->Enemy is stopped, takes damage, stop is lifted->In Due Course->Take 2nd hit, in Due Course Procs->In Due course->Take 3rd hit, in Due Course Procs

So basically still needs to be able to take 3 hits to win, which is quite unlikely in Light someone only needs about 20% physical damage ot accomplish that. Granted, Quahaug needs effectively 5 turns to kill and might get a double...which granted just nets him 20% healing, but lets him survive a 25% Phys Damage 3HKO. So he's a kind of fast 4HKOer or something, so technically better than Medina/Benedict...edit: minus his defense making him worse I think. 2.3

Thalas- 1.49 PC HP, decent defenses, 1.111% Turn 1 Speed, 144% After, 36.3% Phys Damage, 38.8% Wind Damage (But needs 4 turns to use three times). Speed and durability gets him into low Heavy. 3.9

Erika- Basically a slightly worse Thalas with a different element. 3.85

Avlora- 1.4 PC HP, 159% long term speed, Good defenses, 57.7% Damage that goes to 75% below 50% HP. Desperate Defense definitely gets her into Godlike. 4.65

Patriette- 1.21 PC HP, 148% Long Term Speed, Nasty Blind against physical fighters (although it leaves him 4HKOing). Edged Arrow is an option, but a costly one. That said, speed is a great DL stat and I can see him at 3.8

Gustadolph- 1.34 PC HP, 148% Long Term Speed, 38% Damage, 22.7% w/ very accurate Silence or 42.4% Ice Magic (albeit one he can use only once every 3 turns). A little better than his siblings, although not too much. 3.95

Kamsell- Sad HP combined with a 3HKO keeps in Light no matter the speed. 2.8

Exharme- 1.3 PC HP, 156% Long Term Speed, 40% damage that makes him pdur a little better. Charm isn't accurate at base to help at 3 TP. 3.6

Lyla- 1.33 PC HP, 148% Long Term Speed. Weird. 42% Magic, but needs 4 turns to use three times with no free damage option. However, she also delays enemies 1 turn using that and slows them a little, so it's more like 3 turns to kill average. Stop is cute, but with the TP cost I don't see it factoring in much. Some healer busting strategies. 3.5

Idore- Some scaling could make him Bluelike, but 112.9% Turn 1 Speed and 75% HP doesn't get him there for me. 4.8. His shield clearly makes him Godlike, meaning you either need to double act or you need to be faster and OHKO him or faster than him long term (no really happening minus a great Haste spell) and outslug. 55% Damage at Worst with spikes of 75.9% (albeit all magical).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 02:48:23 PM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2023, 06:36:10 AM »
Comedy entry time

Battlebots: World Championship VII:

I am going to preface this with saying that in all of the cases, this is a just-for-fun.  Building these robots for competition is a big accomplishment, and I respect almost all of the people involved here.

Sawblaze: By raw stats alone, would be a Heavy; the prong/hammer-blade combo is consistently reliable, and can hit reliably and hard on multiple areas.  The skills of the driver and weapon operator, however, lend it to be Heavy/Godlike, having been able to place surgical killing strikes that no other robot is capable of.  It's not unbeatable, but it's easily one of the top picks.

HUGE: High Heavy.  High power on its own, but its real advantage is the namesake size of the robot, playing spoiler to the 4WVS meta that is everywhere.  Hard to get a good shot on it when its main body sits above where everyone else's weapons hit and the robot can just drive *over* most opponents.

Copperhead: Heavy.  Straight-up slugfester, will just not die.  The only one that really broke its weapon was HUGE, who was already running spoiler to it anyway.

Ribbot: Middle/Heavy.  Offensively, it is strong as hell and can punch with the top ranks, and has inherent configuration swapping options .  Defensively, it is comparably lacking.  The fact that it tends to lose one side of its drive does not help.  It also has some problems with being inverted.

Minotaur: High Heavy.  Hits like a truck, and outside of a very specific known weakness with its weapon battery placement (exploited by Sawblaze), it's hard to kill.  High pushing power and the ability to use the gyroscopic forces of its weapon to self-right only help.

Riptide: DNR.  The team is a bunch of arrogant raging douchebags who don't even consider that their behavior and attitude are in fact a problem.  And the captain's enabler of a father.

Witch Doctor: Heavy.  Solid generalist, one of the better 4WV types.  Hard to really say much else, it generally fights well and doesn't have any notable issues.

Hydra: High Heavy.  Pretty much one of the best flippers in the tournament, and generally has the ability to instant-kill any robot that doesn't have an invertible configuration or a SRiMech equipped.  Lack of pneumatic restrictions only helps on this front.

End Game: High Heavy.  Former Champ here, it can absolutely lay claim to the damage and speed combo it has.  Durability's not the greatest if it takes a direct hit, but those don't happen too often.

Lock-Jaw: Middle/Heavy.  Kind of middling in regards, despite the builder and driver's pedigree.  Exposed tires lead to a notable weakpoint, but has been very consistently mid.

Malice: Middle.  Has power, but generally its weapon breaks too quickly and it doesn't offer much else when that weapon breaks.

HyperShock: Middle/Heavy.  Reliably unreliable ball lightning with a tendency for high power off of high speed and maneuverability.  Has been known to keep fighting through a lost wheel, but it is also known at times to just break down ineffectually.  Has had a good run this season, though.

Whiplash: Heavy.  Low damage, but high control and speed with its lifter lend to it being able to win fights without needing to inflict much damage.  The driver's sheer ability with the robot does not hurt either.

Black Dragon: Heavy.  A really, really nasty brick of a slugfester that can largely outlast opponents.  Even when it catches on fire.  Which is more often than you'd expect.

MaDCatTer: Middle/Heavy.  A fairly average, albeit solid, 4WV, nothing of actual note to say.  Whole lot of charisma on the end of the captain though.

Monsoon: Middle/Heavy, may be leaning on Low Heavy.  This thing got a nasty upgrade since its last showing three seasons ago.  The fact that it has a symmetrical hinged design that lends it full invertibility despite being a vertical blade spinner does not hurt at all.

Quantum: Heavy.  Has a problem with blade verts that can get a good upshot on it as demonstrated with Ribbot, but anything else it will consistently rip into, courtesy of its hydraulic crusher.  Functionally armor-piercing.  Real nasty.

Cobalt: Heavy.  Absolutely vicious blade vert.  No invertibility but when it combines power and precision to completely dismantle other robots, it doesn't need that.  Most of the time.

Claw Viper: Low Heavy: HOLY SHIT THAT SPEED.  This is like the Battlebots equivalent of a WA4 boss or something as far as raw speed goes.  It doesn't have any way to actually inflict damage, though, so if something lands a hit, especially on the lifter/grabber mechanism, it'll have problems winning matches.

RIPperoni: Low Heavy.  Has a unique counter-flywheel mechanism that negates the usual mobility problems of verts, but pays for it in having some of the worst armor ever.  It can trade blows with the likes of Copperhead, which is no mean feat, though, and getting to it usually means having to get through that weapon.

Beta: Middle/Heavy.  Reid's a good driver, and the robot itself is generally solid with good torque.  Hammers are just not as strong a weapon class here, though they tend to not need as much weight compared to the average spinner rig.

Lucky: Middle.  No direct damage as it is a flipper, and while it is reasonably armored, it's also on the heavier and slower side, making it more difficult as a control bot.

Switchback: Middle/Heavy.  SLOOOOOOOW.  The articulated spinner blade arm is made for much heavier attacks than the likes of Sawblaze, sacrificing speed and precision.  It can take and give out hits, but it's not winning that much in the way of speed contests.

Bloodsport: Low Heavy.  One of the more vicious horizontal spinners out there.  Not much in the way of actual armor, but the horizontal blade is going to hit you no matter which way you come at it, and it can put out damage.  Can't take a good hit though.

RotatoR: Low Heavy.  Horizontal spinner that this season has had some mechanical issues.  It doesn't stop it from being an absolute tank, though.

Blip: Middle.  The flipper system is unique and the robot's strength for its size is good...when it can manage a flip.  It's been suffering issues the entire time this season, though.

Tantrum: Low Heavy.  Former champ, but its self-righter issues are extremely glaring this time around, and it's very vulnerable to being flipped as a result.  Still reasonably competent, but that flipping problem is huge.

Skorpios: High Middle.  It's basically Sawblaze Lite.  And as it was designed to counter horizontal spinners...well, the field is mostly verts.  It can't run its counterplay.

DeathRoll: High Middle: This thing, for having no upgrades in three whole seasons, can still hit like a train.  Reach is an issue on the vert, especially since it has no forks by which to actually upend a target.  Solid when it can land a hit.

Jackpot: Light/Middle.  It really just has not been able to keep up since its debut, and it feels like it's been falling behind more and more every season.

Shatter!: Light/Middle.  In theory, the omni-wheel setup is nice, allowing it to in theory strafe with its hammer, obviating the need to hit hard.  It's mobile, but it's frail and doesn't do damage.

Fusion: High Middle.  It does incredible amounts of damage, especially with its hybrid setup as a horizontal/vert hybrid, but it hurts itself as much, almost invariably setting itself on fire just from having two distinct weapon systems operating in the same robot at the same time.  If it doesn't get a quick knockout, it will die a horrible flaming death.

Banshee: Low Middle.  It's still a flipper, which means it can still take out any robot that it hits provided they don't have invertibility or a self-righter, but it's on the slower side and prone to mechanical faliures that lead to it losing matches.

Big Dill: Light/Middle.  An okayish lifter/spinner hybrid.  And really prone to just fatally breaking down at the worst possible moments.

Captain Shrederator: Low Middle.  Has consistently underperformed due to its longer spin-up time and tendency to self-damage, owing to its status as a shell spinner.  Totally did not deserve what happened to it in the Riptide match, though.

Emulsifier: Middle.  Fairly standard vert, all things considered, though it had a pretty unlucky run.

Free Shipping: Light.  Lifter/flamethrower combo when the latter is more of an internal damage risk and the former needs serious speed and torque backing it.

Gigabyte: Low Middle. Shrederator trading off durability for speed.  It usually ends up better than the captain on average, but it still has the shell spinner problems.

Glitch: Light.  This isn't the same Glitch of the previous season, it keeps having random fatal mechanical issues.  The spinner is still extremely powerful but the damn thing is disappointing.  If whatever curse it was under wasn't there, it'd probably be able to rank Heavy between the spinner and omni-wheels.

Gruff: Light/Middle.  One of the biggest tanks, but that's all it has going for it.  Kinetic weapon offense has continued to evolve faster than the armor options on this robot, and it feels like it has been falling behind.  Even its impressive flamethrowers are still a questionable weapon option.

HiJinx: High Light.  This one has...not performed well.  The design is sound, but the weapon is prone to breaking too quickly, and if it can't hit, it's not going to be accomplishing much.

Horizon: Puny.  Gimmickbot incarnate.  I still have no idea how this thing won a match.

Kraken: Light.  I honestly feel bad for this one.  They rigged it with a vertical blade on the arm instead of the previous crusher setup and it's still going 0-4.  It's still very good at not dying though, only losing to Copperhead by KO.

Mammoth: High Light.  It's an interesting flipper, able to use its size and leverage to its advantage on a rotary arm setup, but it pays for it with a complete lack of armor.  Very good at control, but anything with enough punching power can inflict horrible damage to it.

Ominous: Light. I...don't remember much about this one aside from the fact that its vert blade keeps breaking.  And since it only has that and an omni-wheel setup, it can't really do much afterwards.  It looks awesome and the concept is solid, but that weapon's reliability needs to improve.  Infamous for a match where commentary was used to advertise the *next* match rather than actually commentate.

Overhaul: Middle.  Nondamaging lifter setup, but I've seen this one suplex other robots.  It's not as good as Claw Viper, but it also had the humiliation of losing to...

Shreddit Bro: Puny.  Its weapon has worked precisely once, and that was against Overhaul.  In that one case it actually did damage, amazingly.  Every other time, its weapon breaks after one hit.  It was still able to win against Horizon, probably by virtue of being able to push.

Starchild: Light.  In theory, it was meant to be a meta-breaker, a cross roughly between HUGE and Sawblaze in effect.  The result, however, was a thwackbot that is best described as a nightmare to hit anything with.  Tellingly, it never won any of its matches, and HUGE killed it in turn.

Triton: Low Middle.  In theory it can deliver heavy hits with its long horizontally-mounted blade.  In practice, that thing takes forever to spin up and Triton itself has terrible armor.

Valkyrie: Low Middle.  It has a new driver who is not used to it, unfortunately, and while it is a destructive robot, Valkyrie is prone to breaking its own weapon on other robots.  If she gets some practice, I could see a rank up for Valk.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2024, 03:41:08 AM »
One may call this a necropost, but given I stat topicked the game, I feel this post is valid.

Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark (Generics)

Mercenary: Absolutely monstrous durability, backed up by counters, debuffs that make the durability stretch further, and ways to ignore evasion and counters.  After landing a debuff, the PDUR goes up to 2.39 and the MDUR to 2.03, and while their damage is nothing special, it doesn't have to be considering how consistent it gets.  Easily Heavy.

Ranger: Above-average speed, okayish evasion, Don't Move (with the melee immunity it entails) and an absolute nuke of a skill on turn 4 are what Ranger brings to the table.  The damage is average otherwise, with the durability below.  If they survive to turn 4, though, Sniper Shot is an easy 1.12 PCHP OHKO.  Normally won't live that long, though.  Middle.

Scoundrel: Sneak Attack is precisely what saves them from a 4HKO.  One could argue stacking bleed from Arterial Cut and the poison from Worm's Tooth (which amounts to roughly 32.5% mHP damage a turn) could wear some down, but they give up 3HKO base damage to try for this.  I guess they can counter buffers by stealing said buffs, which is a niche spoiler trick, but not enough to get them out of Middle.

Peddler: I'll just be up front, traps are an interp nightmare.  They are carried by Item Potency and Patented Usage, hard.  However, those aren't a joke.  Two shots of full healing and three shots of ~55% healing are pretty big.  Also Rock for the Throw Stone meme value.  Fairly average outside of that, but that is some of the best healing in FS, I'd argue a high Middle.

Mender: lol slapfight healer and the strong heal only hits about 60%.  Get thee to Light.

Plague Doctor: Spoils those reliant on basic elements!  As well as anyone leveraging Poison status!  A fire/ice/lightning caster can get completely walled.  Unfortunately, the damage is 5HKO at best, they're relying on poison most of the time, the healing sucks, and the durability is only above-average.  I'm going to say Light, though maybe borderline Middle.

Wizard: For the fact that they're slow and frail (literally getting 2HKO'ed by barely above average physical damage), they don't really hit hard.  Wizard kind of sucks, though rod+robe means they can still mess with elements.  Light

Gambler: Cards are unpredictable, but that's not what gets them where they are.  Allure can be used every turn, and Initiative gives them one turn if they're outsped, or two if they're not.  Pile On lets them do rude things as well, and while not a fatal status, Charm is fairly nasty here considering it's not the most common ailment.  Heavy is my gut check here.

Gadgeteer: Gadgeteer disappoints me.  It disappoints me because they have an amazingly varied toolset and can't use half of it in a duel, reducing them to an above-average durability, low 3HKOing slugger with a dispel and a surprisingly competent MP-buster.  They're still good enough to hover around Middle.

Knight: Knights are dicks.  No Flank gives them a deceptively high amount of durability, and Taunt will absolutely destroy battle strategies with 100% rate berserk.  Combine this with regenerating an effective 0.23 PCHP a turn (0.14 raw) and they can spoil, hard.  Heavy.  That strategy is just too reliable most of the time.

Templar: Templars are...in a weird spot.  Slow, and less tanky than expected.  On the other hand, Evade Attack makes them the bane of so many duellers, and once they can hit that 24 MP threshold, just about anything can threaten a 2HKO thanks to Righteous Blade's absolutely cracked values.  Or they can just Rapturous Chant one up to well above.  Heavy is where I'd kneejerk them, though probably on the lower end.

Duelist: oh god.  Resourceless 2HKOs that only get stronger with use, running off of above-average speed.  Also the more Duelist attacks, the harder they hit, ensuring they will eventually break heal locks.  Heavy.

Reaver: They threaten a 2HKO off of any of their general-use abilities.  Also Desperate Blow hits OHKO at about the 70% mark for them; if you can't chip around that, you're dead.  Heavy

Gunner: The variety of their statuses is solid, and the disabling ones are at an arguable borderline turn 1.  The durability is subpar at best, though, speed is only barely above average, and their best damage is a 4HKO.  Having access to both Mute and Cripple can lead to some shenanigans, though, so I figure Gunner's in Middle.

Fellblade: Evade Magic.  Really that's most of what needs to be said.  Also a reasonable variety of disabling and debilitating statuses off of high accuracy thanks to Malice, the ability to wring better odds out of status daggers, and a lifedrain spell.  And Chaos Slice for the rest.  Honestly though, I'd still say they're more of a borderline Middle/Heavy.

Assassin: Mirage alone is enough in this case, off of their speed.  2HKOing on top of that just makes things worse.  Heavy, and can spoil some Godlikes.

Alchemystic: Their best damage is a 5HKO, but frankly I'm going to rule the same as Assassin.  Heavy.  The gimmick is just too good, and unlike Assassin, they don't have to dedicate turns to it.

Sorcerer: They take two turns minimum to cast a spell that does 3HKO damage, between which they have 8HKO staffwhacks.  You know exactly where they go.  Go lose slapfights with Mender in Light.

Druid: Everything about Druid is frankly average at best.  Magic damage is average, durability is below-average to average, speed is just below average.  Waste of a high MND stat and one of the universally best abilities in JRPGs, truly.  Middle.

Warmage: You will think that the just below-average speed means that Warmage will lose the first turn and in most cases be fighting to get a 2HKO.  And technically, yes, that is the case.  Haste counters mean that that second turn may well come before the opponent's, though, and that will lead to some guaranteed pain as they leverage said 2HKO.  Heavy would be my kneejerk.

Werewolf: For the most part, Werewolf has some problems, mostly on the durability side.  Blood Trophy means that they threaten a 2HKO with basic physicals, though, with Focused Rage letting them have an upper limit to how long an opponent can stall out with healing, and that plus just above average speed means I have a hard time putting them above Middle/Heavy.

Vampire: They wish they had the Scoundrel skillset honestly.  Night Embrace hits like a truck and will sleep anyone who gets hit as well, but in order to get that Bleed conditional, they have to spend MP, making it Turn 4 in effect.  Mute counters are a nasty trick, but honestly I don't feel I can, in good faith, place it any higher than Middle.

Lich: High risk high reward duelist, and they rely on burning their own HP for spells.  On the plus side, those are some of the strongest spells in the roster, nearly able to crank out an OHKO (and under the single-action average, does.Middle/Heavy.

Vessel: Look, I'm just going to be honest.  It doesn't matter how hard you hit.  If you're slow, have sub-0.8 durability on both fronts, and can't OHKO, you're not getting out of Light.

Princess: Total Shield Counters make them more durable than they look, but not much more so.  And while the healing is strong, the damage is...okay.  They really wish they had actual MP to leverage Double Cast II, especially considering they have only a basic offensive spell to cast at a surplus.  She really wishes a Holy-boosting weapon existed.  Middle, and probably just carried by Equip All more than anything else.

Lord: Honestly, Lord is "Mercenary but with more flash and more hoops to jump through".  They can bury the other guy in enough debuffs that they actually get close to Mercenary's durability (and Total Shield counters help), but their damage never really gets above 3HKO and they start out a lot squishier.  I'd put them as Middle, possibly borderline considering Equip All allows for dumb spoiling shenanigans.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.