Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 8~  (Read 5029 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 8~
« on: April 12, 2010, 11:34:43 PM »
I think you know the drill by now. Copy the match ups below and bold which song you like better. The names are links to a stream of the song.

If there are any mistakes, please let me know ASAP so we can fix them.

I will put up a new pool every half week and they will all be open for a week as well. If enough people don't like this pace, I am willing to change the schedule, but let's roll with this and see how it goes.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage-
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - A Lone Prayer VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle

Xenosaga - Nephilim VS. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - The Lowest Layer
Clock Tower 3 - A Shadow Creeping Near VS. Portal - Still Alive
Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight
Final Fantasy Legend III - Divine Battle VS. Pokemon Colosseum - Miror B’s Retro Groove

ANIME
.hack//Roots - Silly-Go-Round VS. Revolutionary Girl Utena - Androgynous Angel
Magical Pokan - Senketsu no Chikai VS. Princess Mononoke - Princess Mononoke Theme Song

ARRANGED
Super Robot Wars - by: AquaStyle - Valsion/The Arrow of Destiny VS. Final Fantasy IX - The Black Mages - Grand Cross
Suikoden Tierkreis - Genso Suikoden Tierkreis EXTRA SOUNDTRACK - Tierkreis~Door of Hope - with Ramin VS. Kingdom Hearts series - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The 13th Anthology

Full pool download
http://www.mediafire.com/?knywzfahjmj

Voting closes in one week after the time of this post.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 01:03:02 AM by Talaysen »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 8~
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 01:03:54 AM »
Princess Mononoke song was incorrect and has been fixed.  No one has voted yet, but this warning is in case people are currently in the process of voting!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 01:24:53 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage-- Eh sure.
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel- Theme of Abel does some good stuff, but I have a marked dislike of it's intro phase.  Another Story Warrior does a few different things and all of them are pretty decent.
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley- Hm.  I'm actually feeling Shirley a little more purely musically, but Schroedinger's a lot more evocative so I think I'll go that way.
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - A Lone Prayer VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle

Xenosaga - Nephilim VS. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - The Lowest Layer- Piano bias.
Clock Tower 3 - A Shadow Creeping Near VS. Portal - Still Alive- Man, what is that weird sound effect in the background of Shadow?
Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight- ... y'know, Vendetta Preps reminds me of Earthbound music, if that was on a newer system.  I'm not really into EB music but um... yikes.  Fatal Fight is not so good in its original form as I remembered.
Final Fantasy Legend III - Divine Battle VS. Pokemon Colosseum - Miror B’s Retro Groove- ... ajahaha, the Colosseum Miror B theme was better than I remembered.  DANCE, LUDICOLO MINIONS, DAAAANCCEEE!

ANIME
.hack//Roots - Silly-Go-Round VS. Revolutionary Girl Utena - Androgynous Angel- While I'm not feeling the hype for The World, this is pretty danged good.  Utena song's neat but not really good either.
Magical Pokan - Senketsu no Chikai VS. Princess Mononoke - Princess Mononoke Theme Song- Based on upload info, I have the right version of this.  That said, frankly every variation on the Mononoke Theme beats whatever the hell Chikai is supposed to be.  Admittedly, kinda a fan of Princess Mononoke (the movie, not the song specifically)

ARRANGED
Super Robot Wars - by: AquaStyle - Valsion/The Arrow of Destiny VS. Final Fantasy IX - The Black Mages - Grand Cross- Necron does little for me, at least in this form (which is weird because I remember liking the track originally.  Maybe the Black Mages just don't like FFIX much.)
Suikoden Tierkreis - Genso Suikoden Tierkreis EXTRA SOUNDTRACK - Tierkreis~Door of Hope - with Ramin VS. Kingdom Hearts series - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The 13th Anthology
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage- - Both good, going with my nom.
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel - Both good as well. The fact that I'm an Abel main mostly(when playing seriously at least) tilts it. <_<
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley - Big fan of the Elfbait, but Chasing Shirley impresses as well. Think I'm going with the song that's newer to me this time.
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - A Lone Prayer VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle - I think Epic Battle is the weakest song in this half for me? And it's still great. The next half could suck massively and this would still be a fantastic pool.

Xenosaga - Nephilim VS. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - The Lowest Layer - Kinda funny after the high intensity of the top half, the first matchup here scales it way back. Not a big fan of Nephilim, but Lowest Layer is suprisingly good coming from a soundtrack I typically dislike.
Clock Tower 3 - A Shadow Creeping Near VS. Portal - Still Alive - Look at me still voting when there's science to do~
Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight- Unremarkable vs kinda decent.
Final Fantasy Legend III - Divine Battle VS. Pokemon Colosseum - Miror B’s Retro Groove - Mirror B's song is just too much fun~

ANIME
.hack//Roots - Silly-Go-Round VS. Revolutionary Girl Utena - Androgynous Angel - Eh.
Magical Pokan - Senketsu no Chikai VS. Princess Mononoke - Princess Mononoke Theme Song - Yes I listened to the right one.

ARRANGED
Super Robot Wars - by: AquaStyle - Valsion/The Arrow of Destiny VS. Final Fantasy IX - The Black Mages - Grand Cross
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:53:25 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 02:00:37 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage-: Mm...I like this Melty track in game, but it doesn't transfer. Let's go with Sakurabaaaaaa in a surprise twist.
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel: Eh.
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley: A tad better. Shirley gets on my nerves sometimes.
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - A Lone Prayer VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle: DDS battle vs Persona vocals? Yeaaah.

Xenosaga - Nephilim VS. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - The Lowest Layer: Very close, don't really dig either though.
Clock Tower 3 - A Shadow Creeping Near VS. Portal - Still Alive: Oh look this song isn't Still Alive either.
Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight: Hahaha Kajiura vs Bully music.
Final Fantasy Legend III - Divine Battle VS. Pokemon Colosseum - Miror B’s Retro Groove: Normally wouldn't go for 8-bit, but this one's decent enough at the core and I can't listen to the other one without feeling ill.

ANIME
.hack//Roots - Silly-Go-Round VS. Revolutionary Girl Utena - Androgynous Angel: Excellent match of excellency, nom vs something I considered for the duel song nom spot. But Silly-Go-Round is pretty much my favorite FictionJunction track, so it's tough to beat.
Magical Pokan - Senketsu no Chikai VS. Princess Mononoke - Princess Mononoke Theme Song: More interesting.

ARRANGED
Super Robot Wars - by: AquaStyle - Valsion/The Arrow of Destiny VS. Final Fantasy IX - The Black Mages - Grand Cross: Both are fairly good.
Suikoden Tierkreis - Genso Suikoden Tierkreis EXTRA SOUNDTRACK - Tierkreis~Door of Hope - with Ramin VS. Kingdom Hearts series - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The 13th Anthology: I really like most of Drammatica, but 13th cannot hold my attention. Competent vocal with some sweet violin on the side takes this one.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 02:11:38 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage- - less generic sakuraba plz
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel - Did a better job at keeping my attention.
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley - Coinflip'd, great match.
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - A Lone Prayer VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle - I seem to recall A Lone Prayer getting some hype and on listening to it I'm not sure *why*.  Epic battle is only okay but it's enough here.

Xenosaga - Nephilim VS. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - The Lowest Layer - Like both, think Nephilim came off a bit stronger, though.
Clock Tower 3 - A Shadow Creeping Near VS. Portal - Still Alive - Has more science.  Also the Clock Tower track is vaguely terrible.
Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight - Fatal Fight is decent, but I kinda found myself digging the Bully track.
Final Fantasy Legend III - Divine Battle VS. Pokemon Colosseum - Miror B’s Retro Groove - Has a better excuse to be terrible.

ANIME
.hack//Roots - Silly-Go-Round VS. Revolutionary Girl Utena - Androgynous Angel - Both have lame vocals, .hack track is better when they're tuned out.
Magical Pokan - Senketsu no Chikai VS. Princess Mononoke - Princess Mononoke Theme Song - *shrugs*

ARRANGED
Super Robot Wars - by: AquaStyle - Valsion/The Arrow of Destiny VS. Final Fantasy IX - The Black Mages - Grand Cross - Does a decent job with two tracks I don't much care for.  Grand Cross meanwhile takes a track I dislike and makes it worse.  What the fuck.
Suikoden Tierkreis - Genso Suikoden Tierkreis EXTRA SOUNDTRACK - Tierkreis~Door of Hope - with Ramin VS. Kingdom Hearts series - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The 13th Anthology - Haha splat.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:14:59 AM by Random Consonant »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 03:39:11 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage-
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley

Xenosaga - Nephilim VS. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - The Lowest Layer Nephilim starts off nice and sounds like it will build up to something even nicer, but then it just stops. Lowest Layer is solid.
Clock Tower 3 - A Shadow Creeping Near VS. Portal - Still Alive Shadow Creeping would win if not for the sound effect that sounds like a misquito buzzing near your ear.
Final Fantasy Legend III - Divine Battle VS. Pokemon Colosseum - Miror B’s Retro Groove Mirror B's groove is so much better if you know what's happening while it's playing. Fortunately for the track, I do.

ANIME
Magical Pokan - Senketsu no Chikai VS. Princess Mononoke - Princess Mononoke Theme Song

ARRANGED
Suikoden Tierkreis - Genso Suikoden Tierkreis EXTRA SOUNDTRACK - Tierkreis~Door of Hope - with Ramin VS. Kingdom Hearts series - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The 13th Anthology Ugh, it's truly unfortunate that these two have to face eachother in their first match. I seriously think I would have voted these over all the other arrangements so far. Championship caliber match.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 04:01:06 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Final Fantasy Legend III - Divine Battle VS. Pokemon Colosseum - Miror B’s Retro Groove

ANIME

ARRANGED

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 04:06:59 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley: What can I say~

Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight: I have not listened to the Bully track. I don't care. Fatal Fight is simply awful, so either (a) I waste my time listening to the Bully track since I'm 99% sure I'm going to vote for it anyway, or (b) on the off chance I'm wrong, I just listened to something worse than Fatal Fight, which strikes me as wasting my time even more.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 04:48:14 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage- - More Aoko
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - A Lone Prayer VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle - Guys P1 has cool stuff like this

Clock Tower 3 - A Shadow Creeping Near VS. Portal - Still Alive - Richard, doing it right, pick one
Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight - I spent ingame time murdering preppies just for more of this track
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:55:56 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 06:50:34 AM »
Beat/Aoko is nothing special, Violent Storm is awesome.  Sakuraba's stuff in BK was a notable step above generic Sakuraba to me at least.  Storm isn't even the best piece on the soundtrack to me.
What is SF4 doing with epic sounding pieces like this?!  Ranatus Phase 1 is... actually quite good.  It could stand to lose the annoying "Bum-bum-bum" horn steps about 2/5 of the way in but whatever.  This is pretty close.
I like the WA3 soundtrack but Schroedinger I find consistently overhyped from it; it's good, but it's not one of the tracks I'd raise up as in the top 10.  Meanwhile it's vs. Tales of Legendia so yeah this is really easy.
I wish Epic Battle actually went somewhere, but it sounds neat at least while it goes in circles.

Oh wow.  Now THIS is an epic battle.  Nephilim is one of the better pieces of the XS1 soundtrack.  It's short but it needs to be.  Meanwhile, Lowest Layer is very evocative and is also fantastic.  Mm, going with Layer here, if it was the creepier XS2 version of Nephilim it'd have been a true toss-up.
Shadow Creeping Near is weird and you make a neat gun and then shoot Creeping Near and then you're doing science.
JUMP BALL SONIC!
Pretty neat for 8-bit.

ANIME
Not one of the Utena songs I'd have found my favorite.  Silly-go-round is Kajiura, meanwhile, it's excellent, no surprise.
The Mononoke soundtrack is great, but I have to prefer the straight-orchestral version of this piece.  Still wins easily here.  (And the fake version of the track...  yeah, the singing was notably worse in that one, wonder what happened.)

ARRANGED
I like Grand Cross.
Tough matchup, Door of Hope.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:52:56 AM by SnowFire »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 09:00:50 AM »

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 12:08:36 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage- barely.  both are nice.
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - A Lone Prayer VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle This one kills me.  I love them both.

Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight - Vendetta Preps is unmemorable.
Final Fantasy Legend III - Divine Battle VS. Pokemon Colosseum - Miror B’s Retro Groove sure, what the hell.

ANIME
Magical Pokan - Senketsu no Chikai VS. Princess Mononoke - Princess Mononoke Theme Song - yep.  go my nom.

ARRANGED
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 02:45:54 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage- - Well, we're off to a good start. I'm starting to appreciate the quirkiness of the Melty Blood soundtrack, and Aoko Stage is pretty cool. However, Violent Storm is one of the best tracks in a game that has a superb soundtrack as is. They're both good, but they're just two different levels of good.
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel - Huh. Well, Ranatus Phase was strange but interesting. Abel's Theme never really did much for me, I'm afraid.
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley - One of these days there will be a music tournament without TOOFNS and I will die of shock.

Clock Tower 3 - A Shadow Creeping Near VS. Portal - Still Alive - The confection is a falsehood or some such.
Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight - ...uh. Was Kajiura going through a phase or something? Yeesh. Anyway, Vendetta Preps is pretty catchy.
Final Fantasy Legend III - Divine Battle VS. Pokemon Colosseum - Mirror B’s Retro Groove

ANIME

ARRANGED
Super Robot Wars - by: AquaStyle - Valsion/The Arrow of Destiny VS. Final Fantasy IX - The Black Mages - Grand Cross - Hot damn. Best remix of the first half by far. Champ, upgrade, kick Ghaleon's ass in the first round, etc.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 01:46:48 PM »
Ah, so this is where most of my noms have been hiding! :D

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage- - Baten Kaitos vs. kinda painful at times. Easy choice.
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel - Ranatus... started weird and annoying, but it does pick up! As annoying as those horns are, that's where it really kicks in. (Also, idly, it reminds me of the miniboss battle from Wind Waker... which I should have nommed...) Still, active piece that has a weak start, but changes enough throughout to stay interesting. Nice surprise! Abel's Theme is definitely good, but not even a close contest.
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley - See Gate. Both are good, both have strong and weak points, going with the new entry.
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - A Lone Prayer VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle - Wow, this is worse Engrish than most Persona songs! Anyways, not a bad song, but I'm a fan of SMT battle themes. Epic Battle's one of my favourites from those. So yeah, only one close match so far!

Xenosaga - Nephilim VS. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - The Lowest Layer - Man. After the first half of this pool, this is really disappointing. Neither of these are particularly good at the slow atmospheric thing, so just going with the one that does it slightly better.
Clock Tower 3 - A Shadow Creeping Near VS. Portal - Still Alive - And Still Alive gets a bye, as though it really needed it.
Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight - Pleasantly surprised by Vendetta, really didn't expect much there. And it's against mildly painful. Hunh.

ANIME
Magical Pokan - Senketsu no Chikai VS. Princess Mononoke - Princess Mononoke Theme Song - Mononoke's one of those songs that would have benefited from losing the lyrics, methinks. I loved the intro, but it just got worse as time went on.

ARRANGED
Super Robot Wars - by: AquaStyle - Valsion/The Arrow of Destiny VS. Final Fantasy IX - The Black Mages - Grand Cross - Yeah some stuff happened in AquaStyle. It also came up against my nom which, despite the kinda creepy intro, is easily top 3 of the Black Mages stuff and this is not even coming close.
Suikoden Tierkreis - Genso Suikoden Tierkreis EXTRA SOUNDTRACK - Tierkreis~Door of Hope - with Ramin VS. Kingdom Hearts series - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The 13th Anthology - Oh wow this is a slaughter. Amazing KH piece there, and I'm not even a fan of the source. Don't know Tierkreis, but that voice was just annoying.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:18:42 PM by Yoshiken »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 02:16:49 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel- Abel's theme is at least solid.
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley- Neither impress me much.

Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight- Fatal fight's not horrible? I guess? That opening chant is painful though.
Final Fantasy Legend III - Divine Battle VS. Pokemon Colosseum - Miror B’s Retro Groove- Neither deserve my vote.

ANIME
.hack//Roots - Silly-Go-Round VS. Revolutionary Girl Utena - Androgynous Angel- Silly go round is pretty bad.
Magical Pokan - Senketsu no Chikai VS. Princess Mononoke - Princess Mononoke Theme Song- I guess.    

ARRANGED
Super Robot Wars - by: AquaStyle - Valsion/The Arrow of Destiny VS. Final Fantasy IX - The Black Mages - Grand Cross- Ugh. Pass, both are bad.
Suikoden Tierkreis - Genso Suikoden Tierkreis EXTRA SOUNDTRACK - Tierkreis~Door of Hope - with Ramin VS. Kingdom Hearts series - drammatica -The Very Best

of Yoko Shimomura- - The 13th Anthology
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Taishyr

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 08:08:28 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage- - Very good match.
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel - Also very good.
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley - augh. Very very close match, but damn I'm a sucker for violining.
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - A Lone Prayer VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle - Again, good match, though this is probably the worst of the four. Lone Prayer tickles my fancy, though - blame the vocalist actually working decently with the song, at least.

ANIME

ARRANGED
Super Robot Wars - by: AquaStyle - Valsion/The Arrow of Destiny VS. Final Fantasy IX - The Black Mages - Grand Cross - Don't care so much here.
Suikoden Tierkreis - Genso Suikoden Tierkreis EXTRA SOUNDTRACK - Tierkreis~Door of Hope - with Ramin VS. Kingdom Hearts series - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The 13th Anthology - This is a pretty neat fight, on the other hand.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:51:45 AM by Taitoro »

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage- - Good match, but Violent Storm is one of the best tracks from one of the best Sakuraba OSTs.
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel - Abel's theme is more concise, though both are cool.
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley - Ehhhh hate choosing. Guess I'll go with the one I see less of.
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - A Lone Prayer VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle - Pretty even match; voting for vocals this time. Best half so far?

Xenosaga - Nephilim VS. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - The Lowest Layer - Eh, sure.

ANIME
.hack//Roots - Silly-Go-Round VS. Revolutionary Girl Utena - Androgynous Angel - Surprised I didn't like Silly-Go-Round more, what with it being .hack. Decent match anyways.
Magical Pokan - Senketsu no Chikai VS. Princess Mononoke - Princess Mononoke Theme Song - Senketsu no Chikai might have won with better vocals... maybe. Princess Mononoke theme is still really nice.

ARRANGED
Super Robot Wars - by: AquaStyle - Valsion/The Arrow of Destiny VS. Final Fantasy IX - The Black Mages - Grand Cross - Makes Valsion good, makes Arrow of Destiny even better. Black Mages Grand Cross is probably actually a downgrade from the original.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

EternalLurker

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 08:21:53 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
  Fairly close match. But, Aoko~
  This may be the only SF song I've ever liked in the whole series. Still definitely not awesome or anything, but it's enough to pass this round I guess.
  TOOFNS is pretty decent for a loop or two. Chasing Shirley's very good.
  What the hell, ALP's Engrish is worse than the Spice&Wolf ED. Horrible. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Eh, iunno. Instinctive pick after listening to each once. Might listen to 'em both a few more times later to pick more carefully and edit.
  ASCN is pretty bad. Still Alive is...yeah. ^_^
  Another ordinary choral track, meh. Vendetta Preps is pretty nice.
  Retro Groove might be moderately better with less laughing, though it still wouldn't win this.

ANIME
  Silly-Go-Round is great. Androgynous Angel is...standard RGU lameness.
  Senketsu no Chikai would be a good piece if it had a good singer. It's the kind of piece Tainaka Sachi should sing. This singer is...not up to it. So Mononoke's theme wins I guess, though it's the opposite: nice lyrics, decent singer, boring instrumentals.

ARRANGED
  eh
  Anthology's pretty nice, the other one is eh
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 11:08:22 PM by EternalLurker »

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 11:01:57 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage- - Violent is decent but a bit generic. It seems Beat is as well. May as well go with it.
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel - Ranatus is a pleasant ride, although the pseudovoices in the later segment are a little grating. Abel is a nice mix of heavy and pleasant phases, and I'll go with it due to lack of voice.
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley - Family is nicely active. Shirley is up and down. I'll go with the more consistent.
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - A Lone Prayer VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle - Decent track versus not-so-decent vocals.

Xenosaga - Nephilim VS. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - The Lowest Layer - Both pleasantly backdroppish. Layer does more, so I'm going with it.
Clock Tower 3 - A Shadow Creeping Near VS. Portal - Still Alive - Shadow has a nice groove going but it is somewhat repetitive. Alive is a funny song with appropriate vocals but most importantly I haven't been overexposed to it. So.
Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight - So Vendetta is all foreboding disco. Not strictly the best combination, but it has something there. Fatal is not the greatest either, with decent vocals but nigh-woeful backup vocals and the song itself isn't too lyrically beautiful. I'll go with it here anyway, but I don't really care who wins here.
Final Fantasy Legend III - Divine Battle VS. Pokemon Colosseum - Miror B’s Retro Groove - Primitively catchy versus spanishly repititious. Sure.

ANIME
.hack//Roots - Silly-Go-Round VS. Revolutionary Girl Utena - Androgynous Angel - Not a folk song
Magical Pokan - Senketsu no Chikai VS. Princess Mononoke - Princess Mononoke Theme Song - Not sung by a horrible voice

ARRANGED
Super Robot Wars - by: AquaStyle - Valsion/The Arrow of Destiny VS. Final Fantasy IX - The Black Mages - Grand Cross - Arrow felt very hollow. Cross is inferior to the original, but it is still Necron and winning handily.
Suikoden Tierkreis - Genso Suikoden Tierkreis EXTRA SOUNDTRACK - Tierkreis~Door of Hope - with Ramin VS. Kingdom Hearts series - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The 13th Anthology - Decent song versus decent nonsong. So, I'll go with the song as per usual.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 06:30:53 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley - Why does half the fucking ToL soundtrack end up in here every single time?  These songs aren't that good.  That violin is painfully squeaky in parts.

ANIME

ARRANGED

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 09:55:37 PM »
27 hour and 5 minute warning!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 11:36:59 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 01:29:27 AM by Talaysen »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 01:31:53 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Violent Storm VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - Beat from “Melty Blood” -Aoko Stage-: More DRAMA, I guess.
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Another Story Warrior - Ranatus Phase 1 VS. Street Fighter IV - Theme of Abel: Pretty much the same. Both are decent, though.
Wild ARMs 3 - There’s Only One Family Named Schroedinger VS. Tales of Legendia - Chasing Shirley: Schroedinger Family music is awesome and all, but Shirley is also pretty cool and I can't remember it being in a tourney before, so.
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - A Lone Prayer VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle: Meguro is better when he is rocking out.

Xenosaga - Nephilim VS. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - The Lowest Layer: Surprisingly pleasant music for the ragged edge of the civilized world. I admit context plays a part in this vote, yes.
Clock Tower 3 - A Shadow Creeping Near VS. Portal - Still Alive: Still Alive is really tough to beat.
Bully - Vendetta Preps VS. Xenosaga II - Fatal Fight: Vendetta's 70's funk groove is pretty badass, but it's hard to beat Kajiura. Bah, each of these should've fought one of the pool lamers.
Final Fantasy Legend III - Divine Battle VS. Pokemon Colosseum - Miror B’s Retro Groove: Like these. This is totally an I Don't Give a Shit vote. This song ended sooner.

ANIME
.hack//Roots - Silly-Go-Round VS. Revolutionary Girl Utena - Androgynous Angel: Nom solidarity and all.
Magical Pokan - Senketsu no Chikai VS. Princess Mononoke - Princess Mononoke Theme Song: Prettier.

ARRANGED
Super Robot Wars - by: AquaStyle - Valsion/The Arrow of Destiny VS. Final Fantasy IX - The Black Mages - Grand Cross: Both of these are pretty good, though.
Suikoden Tierkreis - Genso Suikoden Tierkreis EXTRA SOUNDTRACK - Tierkreis~Door of Hope - with Ramin VS. Kingdom Hearts series - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The 13th Anthology: Yar. Japanese vocals = often not my style.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:33:41 AM by El Cideon »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 02:40:44 AM »
Results!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
10 - 10 (tiebreak: Hunter Sopko)

8 - 12

7 - 14

7 - 13

9 - 12

4 - 16

10 - 10 (tiebreak: Hunter Sopko)

9 - 9 (tiebreak: Hunter Sopko)

ANIME
12 - 6

9 - 9 (tiebreak: Hunter Sopko)

ARRANGED
5 - 12

6 - 12