Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 5~  (Read 4320 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 5~
« on: April 02, 2010, 06:08:49 AM »
EDIT: There was a mistake in Pool 4, so please check that thread if you've already voted there.  Thank you.

I think you know the drill by now. Copy the match ups below and bold which song you like better. The names are links to a stream of the song.

If there are any mistakes, please let me know ASAP so we can fix them.

I will put up a new pool every half week and they will all be open for a week as well. If enough people don't like this pace, I am willing to change the schedule, but let's roll with this and see how it goes.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VI - FF6 kdb3 VS. Aretha 2 - AKHT @ Akineko - Mega Flash D
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls

Full pool download
http://www.mediafire.com/?rtmlmnyzvqg

Voting closes 7:00 PM Friday, April 9.

EDIT: There was a mistake in Pool 4, so please check that thread if you've already voted there.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 10:36:17 PM by Talaysen »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 5~
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 06:34:15 AM »
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/. -Abstain, I don't know whether I should punish KOKIA for singing the song incorrectly.....

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise -Perhaps I can finally say that Shimomura is better than Hamauzu?
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura- Or maybe not.....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 07:35:59 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel - Less unpleasant.
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale - lawl
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1 - Yep.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/. - Fires of Hokkai is kinda boring and kinda bad.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness - On the one hand, Femmes Fatales is pretty bleh, on the other hand, that sure is a Tales randobattle track right there.  Going with the one that doesn't have the crappy opera singer.
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus - Better match than I was expecting.  Still, personal bias~.
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise - Really good match, this.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura - Man, these last three matches are the closest ones in the main pool and they're all good, too.

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream - Was never that big on Slayers OPs.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream - Eh.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VI - FF6 kdb3 VS. Aretha 2 - AKHT @ Akineko - Mega Flash D - Eh.
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls - Excellent match, won't be disappointed either way.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 08:41:52 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel- THere's definitely some TWEWY songs I can get into.  This um... not one of them.  Even ignoring that OWA is iconic.
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale- I feel about the NMH track about how I'd feel actually trying to eat fake leather in the morning.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1- Neither's doing much for me.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/.  -[02:47] <CmdrKing> *sigh* ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
[02:47] <CmdrKing> WHY MUST YOU LOVE THE HORNS

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness- Not the most inspiring Tales music, but I've never been a fan of PE's electronic tracks either.
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise- Ooooohhh, the "I'm the only track you actually hear in FFXIII" track.  It is pretty good, but I'll go with nom support.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura- Y'know, both of these are good early rounders.  I don't think they'll go super far, but both enjoyable while they'll be here.

ANIME
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream

ARRANGED
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls- ... y'know what?  I've been listening to these for twenty minutes, and come to no certain conclusion.  Y'all can fight it out yourselves, and both beat the above match, so yeah, we're good.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 08:53:49 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final Fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel: Groovy~
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale: Yeah uh no.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1: Both are alright at the core, Battle 1 does much more.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/.: Would have support nommed COSMOFLIPS if it hadn't been nommed at #1. Hokkai is ZUN trying something different but I don't feel it works all that well.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness: Go PE track, for being so repetitive and awful you force me to choose Tales battle music...well, it's above average Tales music.
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus: Mm, decent if unspectacular OP vs...okay, Asellus doesn't really do anything for me.
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise: Blinded By Light > Frocobo > Rest of FF13. *nod* Not feeling Promise.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura: Hey, your one final effort was LAST YEAR, this is just coming out of retirement. Cheater.

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream: Hm. Both are decent. The eX Dream track makes me actively pay attention near the end though.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream: Decent feelgood track > Completely interchangeable with a number of other anime OP-vocal type vocals EDIT: Okay the Strawberry track kicks in some nice violin way late...too late.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VI - FF6 kdb3 VS. Aretha 2 - AKHT @ Akineko - Mega Flash D: I feel wrong voting for Yet Another Decisive Battle Arrange, but it is superior here.
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls: Great match.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:46:10 AM by Tonfa »
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 09:07:29 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel - Man I can go get a GFAQS person trying to be edgy with anti-ff7 to write this for me but I can do my own work thank you very much Mr. Wilson, also better lyrics
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale - I dunno man I ate fake leather for breakfast once and it was pretty boss I don't know what universe you're living in, also associated with god tier boss fight
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1 - Eikichi is the best character and he did not attend Seven Sisters, therefore track loses all value
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/.

Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:53:40 PM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 03:35:36 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise-Excellent match

ANIME

ARRANGED
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura: ...

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream: X?  Oh goddammit, I just got over my latest depression.  And I'm voting for it too, damn...

ARRANGED

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 07:16:12 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel - Both are... solid, guess I'll go with cheese factor.
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale - A decent BB track. Pleather is kinda weak.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1 - Pretty cool, actually.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/. - Mediocre ZUN is mediocre, while FLIPS beats the half it's in at worst.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness - Nommed it + not digging the other track.
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus - Does things.
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise - Well, I know in advance that I like something out of FF13's OST at any rate.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura - Nommed = tiebreaker. If I'd paid attention to the last tourney I might not have though >_>

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream - Eh.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream - Happily Ever After is pretty neat.

ARRANGED - do these later
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:04:03 AM by Ultradude »
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 11:33:59 PM »
Should have nommed FF7 PC version with crappy MIDI.
MQ is mildly redeemed by its battle tracks.
I guess.

Actually like both these tracks a lot.
Sure.
Good match.
One Final Effort got to Round 4 last time where it lost by one vote against finalist Nefertiti.  It is in fact pretty awesome but, so is the Sigma Haromincs piece, so tiebreaking for something new.

ANIME
Argh.  Please get rid of the Engrish, eX Dream, I might have voted for you otherwise.  The OP version of Give a Reason >>> full version, which fails to do anything other than repeat the TV version a bunch, but still edges out the win here.
Both passable but not stand-outs.  There's more interesting stuff in Daydream I think.

ARRANGED
Eh.  A few nice touches in...  this piece from a game I never heard of until I Googled it.
Good match, but Shimomura is definitely on another tier here to me.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 12:18:01 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel - I enjoy both of these. Dream is more upbeat.
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale - Wow Pleather is all over the place. Really more of a dance track than a good-music-track. Gale could really do with some more range but takes an easy win here.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1 - Seven is pleasant enough. Not sufficent in the face of the nostalgic power of One however.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/. - I generally liked Fires, although some small bits and pieces like the stuttering note are a tad annoying. A shame that it is against decent vocals in Cosmosongi.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness - Augh make the horrible faux-operavoice stop. Wilderness does not need to do much to beat this. And it doesn't! It gives off the impression that it's a half-behinded arrangement of a ToS track. I don't know whether that's true or not, but either way it's still enough for the win here.
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus - Blood sounds generic in some way. Not a bad thing in and of itself, but it does say something about it. I can't think of anything technically wrong with Asellus, but I'm not really feeling it. That said I think it still has an edge up here.
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise - Man, neither of these are doing anything for me. Other had some parts approaching pleasant that I might be better-inclined to in a different mood, so I'll go with it.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura - Another pair of generally middling tracks where I am giving the nod to one with a couple of particularly nice bits amidst the rest.

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream - I don't mind Reason. It's happy enough. But I'm not overly enamoured with the vocals, which run from dangerously close to monotone at places to dangerously close to squeaking at other places. Meanwhile, Dream is rocking out. Sure, I'll roll with that.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream - Believe I prefer the energy of Daydream here.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VI - FF6 kdb3 VS. Aretha 2 - AKHT @ Akineko - Mega Flash D - Blah, why did it have to be I-Chu's decisive battle. Here I was coming into the match thinking it was some no-name scrub. Well I'm going to throw my weight behind my own nom regardless.
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls - I guess Manifold is pretty in a sense. ...is Battle even arranged or is it just live? I'm not sure I can vote for it in good conscience. Guess I will go with Manifold for the time being.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 01:15:14 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final Fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel: TWEWY music. Generally not my style. This one's better than I remember the others being, but...eh.
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale: I don't care how awesome the boss fight is, Pleather for Breakfast isn't much on its own.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar Tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/.: Exec_Anything is usually pretty decent. Touhou song is dull.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness: Femmes Fatales badly needed real vocals, but I like parts of it anyway. Other track is pretty standard Tales battle fare.
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus: Not hard. As with everything else, Asellus's quest beats the others handily in quality of music.
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise: What is this? Blinded by the Light is supposed to have incomprehensible lyrics!
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura: I feel dirty for liking something from Halo. Both of these are decent, actually.

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream: More fun, I guess.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream: If TTGL music is going to be nommed, it should be All You Bastards Get Ready. This is not All You Bastards Get Ready.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VI - FF6 kdb3 VS. Aretha 2 - AKHT @ Akineko - Mega Flash D: Coinflip.
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls: BfES is getting enough hype in the main tourney and I like this one.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:32:46 PM by El Cideon »

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 03:32:25 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final Fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale - Aw, sumbitch. I really like both of these tracks. Guess I'll throw a pity vote to the song that's getting all the undeserved hate.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1 - Old-school goodness.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness - Very close. Wilderness of Sadness is a cool track, but Femmes Fatales is an old favorite o' mine.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura - Whoa. Unexpectedly awesome. Wish it was longer, though.

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream - Ah! I got this track from a burned CD years ago, but I never knew the name of it or where it came from (I have just referred to it as "Track 11" this whole time). Mystery solved. Thanks...*looks through the nomination thread*...NotMiki!

ARRANGED
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls - Holy horse sodomy, they made the best track in Persona 3 even better. More electric guitar? Yes please. It's like throwing a handful of bacon on top of an already glorious mound of bacon. You can never have too much of it.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 04:18:23 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel - Never thought I'd be doing this. Just something off about the TWEWY track.
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale - Pleather is interesting but hard to listen to at times, but it still beats competant but average.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1 - Color me surprised.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/ - There were a couple good songs in the AT3 trailer. This was none of them. And it STILL wins.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness - Meh
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus - Double meh.
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise - Both are pretty awesome. Other Promise takes a bit long to get going, while Blinded by Light is more dynamic.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura - Also a great match.

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream - BURNING FOR YOUR LIFE!
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream - The latter is... okay. Just doesn't quite have the in-show performance working for it like HEA does.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VI - FF6 kdb3 VS. Aretha 2 - AKHT @ Akineko - Mega Flash D - Both are great. I'll get back to this one. The winner will be decided on how well they Audiosurf. 

EDIT: The FF6 track wins it. Mega Flash is pretty easy with long stretches of open space, while FF6 keeps you on your toes. Not bad.

Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls - Both good, Battle sounds almost exactly like it did in game, so... going with the other one.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 04:53:40 AM by Hunter Sopko »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 04:31:04 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel - Used to like OWA better then I do now.
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale - I don't dislike Pleather, but Reppu/Gale is more fun.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1 - Was not prepared for the tidal wave of nostalgia to slap me in the face. I am hearing the sound effects that go with battle in my head while this is playing.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/. - Close one. I like both, but giving the nod to AT music here.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness - Kinda upbeat for a song with 'Sadness' in the name. A bit on the generic side, but Femmes Fatales bored me after a minute.
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus - Blood Drain isn't bad, but it has two things going against it. One, the japanese singing. Even if it's pretty decent, still not a fan. Two, it's up agianst SaGa Frontier music and this is me.
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise - Neither's great, but Blinded is solid enough.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura - Okay, this is pretty nice. I like OFE, but I'm going to have to vote against it here.

ANIME

ARRANGED
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

EternalLurker

• Denizen
    • View Profile

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 10:36:59 PM »
There was a mistake in Pool 4, so please check that thread if you've already voted there.  Thank you.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 02:59:25 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 02:29:21 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel- Coinflilp, both are a ton of fun.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1- Battle 1 isn't bad, still prefer seven sisters.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/.- Holy crap, a AT song sung by an actual woman instead of the nearest preteen. That beats a bad Touhou song.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness- PE's music is cool.
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS.SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus- Last battle is cool.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura- I guess.

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream- Less garbled.

ARRANGED
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold IronsVS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls-  What Cid said.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:47:23 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 05:51:17 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/. - Goddammit.  I shouldn't have to like something from AT3 better than...well, anything, really.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness - with both of these, I'm beginning to question you guys' taste.
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus - Very close, both are solid, but Last Battle ~ Asellus has one of the best intros evar.
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise - sounds like a SaGa Frontier 2 remix.  Fortunately, that's a good thing.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura - Halo's nice, but interesting chord progression wins it.

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream - FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKwhybothmynomsinthefirstrounddammitdammitdammittwoofmyfavoritefavoritesongsFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKdunno.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VI - FF6 kdb3 VS. Aretha 2 - AKHT @ Akineko - Mega Flash D - both are too damn busy.
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls - both are nice.  good matchup.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:54:49 AM by NotMiki »
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Taishyr

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 07:05:48 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel - I like both songs, but... Angel -really- benefits from remixes, the synth just drives me nuts in some parts. Long Dream's just kinda sweet.
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale - Pleather's not terrible, but Reppu/Gale's pretty sweet.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1 - ZERO COMPLAINTS IF FFMQ WINS INSTEAD. But I have to go with the track I like more.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/. - Eheh. Neutral to both, giving the one I kneejerked first the win.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales
VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness - Eh.

ANIME
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream - All four are pretty decent. TTGL steals the show, though, here.

ARRANGED
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls -

what
this isn't
this isn't the finals match
what is wrong here
holy goddamn shit maaaaaaaang the live P3 remix is awesome but so is the FM piece these are champ-fueled holy crap one has to go now?!

... fuck, voting for the one that felt just a touch more original. I like the remix done on BfES but damn this is an awesome match
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:00:33 AM by Taitoro »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 10:39:34 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 07:53:28 PM »
4 hour and 7 minute warning!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 01:59:06 AM »
Closing this.

Sprogling

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 02:17:11 AM »
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel Well, there we go.