Author Topic: How Champ is a Champ (Yukiko vs Middle 2)  (Read 4330 times)

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
Re: How Champ is a Champ (Yukiko vs Middle 2)
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 06:24:07 AM »
I don't see why everyone keeps saying that Tear's best damage is Fire, because I really have a hard time as seeing Judgement as outdamaging Grand Cross ON BASE, and and Tear can easily trade out only 800 damage to turn her Grand Cross (Light) -> Searing Sorrow (Fire) combo for Grand Cross (Light) -> Fatal Circle (Wind)...  And considering the second part is running into Yukiko PDEF...  Yeah.

That's not mentioning that if Yukiko doesn't 2HKO (which...  she may miss by a small margin?), Tear can just cast Nightmare, and then heal-lock her into eating a Nightmare -> Frozen Hammer combo, then on the Once More turn, pour the damage bonus from hitting a Knocked Down Yukiko into Grand Cross -> Fatal Circle.  Tear's Pendant is certainly boosting her spell damage here by quite a bit, too, and the stun, while short-lived, will certainly make Yukiko seem at least a LITTLE bit slower than usual.  Tear might just double at some point, thanks to that.

Grand Cross is a 100% Light FoF, which acts as both Fire and Wind FoFs.
Nightmare is a 50% Dark FoF, so it requires two castings on the field, but acts as both Earth and Water FoFs.
Note that FoFs created by casting spells stay on the field for quite some time.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 07:11:10 AM »
I don't see why everyone keeps saying that Tear's best damage is Fire, because I really have a hard time as seeing Judgement as outdamaging Grand Cross ON BASE, and and Tear can easily trade out only 800 damage to turn her Grand Cross (Light) -> Searing Sorrow (Fire) combo for Grand Cross (Light) -> Fatal Circle (Wind)...  And considering the second part is running into Yukiko PDEF...  Yeah.

That's not mentioning that if Yukiko doesn't 2HKO (which...  she may miss by a small margin?), Tear can just cast Nightmare, and then heal-lock her into eating a Nightmare -> Frozen Hammer combo, then on the Once More turn, pour the damage bonus from hitting a Knocked Down Yukiko into Grand Cross -> Fatal Circle.  Tear's Pendant is certainly boosting her spell damage here by quite a bit, too, and the stun, while short-lived, will certainly make Yukiko seem at least a LITTLE bit slower than usual.  Tear might just double at some point, thanks to that.

Grand Cross is a 100% Light FoF, which acts as both Fire and Wind FoFs.
Nightmare is a 50% Dark FoF, so it requires two castings on the field, but acts as both Earth and Water FoFs.
Note that FoFs created by casting spells stay on the field for quite some time.

I can buy most of those interps, except the bolded part, and I even give ARPG stun a little credit. But it's still a lot of interp calls in Tear's favor. Even if I accept those interps, I still have interps that don't treat ARPG speed as average, so Tear is slow unless she's using physical techs. Never going to double Yukiko. Also, Tales magic is generally very evadeable, so Yukiko pushes back Tear's chances even further. AND she definitely wins the resource war, too.

Nightmare->Frozen Hammer was a nice thought, though.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 08:48:36 AM »
If anything, Tear can then instead use Holy Lance (is faster than Grand Cross) -> Witchcraft (FoF of Enhance Cast) on the first turn.  Speeds up the casting of First Aid, Healing Circle (which is probably her healing of choice, now), Holy Lance, and...  Well, Enhance Cast, but that's besides the point.  It might also work for the Hymns, but she has so much to say during them, the difference really isn't noticeable.  The REAL use of Witchcraft would be the 20% increase to the amount of time it takes to cast anything on Yukiko's end for a full TotA minute.  If Tear's doubling at any point, it's after that.

Tear Turn 1:  Holy Lance -> Witchcraft
Tear Turn 2:  Holy Lance -> Fairy Circle (Healing Circle healing, but with damage on the side!)

Of course, throughout that, I'm pretty certain Yukiko's healing the whole time, for fear of eating the mentioned Grand Cross -> Fatal Circle for the loss.

Then...

Tear Turn 3-?: Nightmare
Turn double: Nightmare -> Frozen Hammer, then Grand Cross -> Fatal Circle.

...Then again, I could be misunderstanding a LOT, and just missing a few critical details.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 10:25:37 AM »
Speeds up the casting of First Aid, Healing Circle (which is probably her healing of choice, now), Holy Lance, and...  Well, Enhance Cast,  If Tear's doubling at any point, it's after that.

Tear Turn 3-?: Nightmare
Turn double: Nightmare -> Frozen Hammer, then Grand Cross -> Fatal Circle.

If Witchcraft doesn't work on Nightmare, how do you figure Tear's getting a double by spamming Nightmare?

Also, Yukiko MDEF means that she might just resist the sleep if Tear's counting on that for her double. I know the primary purpose of Nightmare is to get that Dark FoF for Frozen Hammer, but if Yukiko's not asleep, she can dodge Frozen Hammer pretty easily.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 02:08:36 PM »
If Witchcraft doesn't work on Nightmare, how do you figure Tear's getting a double by spamming Nightmare?

Also, Yukiko MDEF means that she might just resist the sleep if Tear's counting on that for her double. I know the primary purpose of Nightmare is to get that Dark FoF for Frozen Hammer, but if Yukiko's not asleep, she can dodge Frozen Hammer pretty easily.

Completely not my point that it doesn't work on Nightmare.  The point is that it's making Yukiko's spells 20% slower.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 04:40:19 PM »
Yukiko vs FE9 Jill Fizzart
Yukiko vs FFT Balk Fenzol
Yukiko vs FE7 Fiora
Yukiko vs Suikos Tengaar
Yukiko vs SF1 Max
Yukiko vs FE7 Nergal: Goes first, 2HKOs, and so Yukiko can never afford to attack because a counter will kill her. MT ignores counters but also doesn't double, so Nergal just kills with a second attack in that case.
Yukiko vs S5 Nikea
Yukiko vs SH1 Alice Elliot: Isn't this a repeat?
Yukiko vs FE9 Boyd: Assuming miori... boyd probably misses twice, but he can afford to because he goes first, OHKOs, and is 3HKOed back. His MDur was rather good for a warrior.
Yukiko vs S3 Leo Gallen
Yukiko vs FF9 Eiko Carol
Yukiko vs CC Marcy
Yukiko vs S5 Mathias
Yukiko vs S5 Nelis
Yukiko vs SF1 Darksol: I'm not sure. It depends if darksol 2HKOs. Was Yukiko's mdur well above average?
Yukiko vs BoF1 Ox
Yukiko vs WA3 Beatrice
Yukiko vs FE7 Dart
Yukiko vs PKMN Sceptile
Yukiko vs WA3 Leehalt Alceste
Yukiko vs FF7 Nanaki
Yukiko vs FFT Alma Beoulve: eh. MBarrier wears off and Alma's pretty sunk if she hasn't doubleturned before then. Since I don't allow her a thief hat I don't think this happens in time.
Yukiko vs BoF2 Rand: Yukiko has to heal more often than the average figures would make you think because of the whole crit dynamic (basically rand has a good crit rate, and whenever he alnds one Yukiko must heal, because a followup crit would kill otherwise). Think that lets him win this attrition war.
Yukiko vs FE9 Ena: See nergal?
Yukiko vs FF7 Tifa Lockheart
Yukiko vs FE7 Guy
Yukiko vs LoL2 Maya
Yukiko vs FFX-2 Paine
Yukiko vs S1 Ronnie Bell
Yukiko vs TotA Tear Grants
Yukiko vs AtLC Poco
Yukiko vs PKMN Swampert
Yukiko vs SoA Fina
Yukiko vs FE8 Colm
Yukiko vs Disgaea Thursday