imageRegister

Author Topic: Trinity Limit - The Second Act [Middle]  (Read 5483 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Trinity Limit - The Second Act [Middle]
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2009, 07:14:45 AM »
So, it's even dumber than I thought. Beautiful.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2009, 10:35:44 AM »
*hugs teh Sarapuff* Even if we do take SO3 status against average anyway well then Panic Dance at L0 is 50% hit rate vs average according to OK's topic =-) Then vs average it's gains an extra 5% chance per level up to a total of 100% status at L10. I'm still not sure for certain the way status works round here but I kneejerk anything above 50% as turn 1 personally. Edit: Ok checked something, that dragoon in this video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PjQoJqTNdY

has 63 status resist *and* he's still being chaosed locked :P

Oh, it does. Just... what is Yulie doing with that double? <_< Reviving Eiko just so she dies again? Poking non-Raven people for awful damage? Quickening/Protecting people to get them killed before they can benefit from it (because buffing a single PC means you're putting a giant "Kick Me" sign on their forehead)? By that point, Kanji and Lavitz also had their go to boot and someone else is dead -or- the team just got Mataru'd. That's just death, Yulie can't be kept on revival duties forever that way. Someone has to make real headway on the fight, and that's not your team against that level of pressure.

I 'unno she could use an elemental hex and then explode herself with Sacrifice for all I care, all I want to do really is buy Peppita enough time to either status out Kanji and Lavitz or maul them w/th Power Dance > Faerie Friend. Neither Kanji nor Lavitz can block freeze and I'm iffy on Persona series blockers in general anyway, he could be chaosed. Kanji and Lavitz are counterable to me too anyway (it'd be different if Kanji was a thrower as opposed to a basher >_>) so they're not killing Peppita w/th physicals and I allow the Elven Cloak. Under my interps if Raven and the guys are busy dealing with Yulie and Eiko turn 1 Peppita gets her turn before Kanji/Lavitz anyway and then they use their turns taking out whoever Raven didn't kill of the mages. Peppita counters Raven and then gets to go before Kanji and Lavitz again ... and status *will* be hitting now. Like I said I'm literally forcing Peppita to wait till turn two to status anyway because I honestly see SO3 status as extremely accurate, especially in chains so turn 1 in a lot of cases and to make matters even worse if she *is* going for status she can chain Panic Dance > Frozen Daggers. Edit: I guess she could try for the turn 2 freeze on Raven instead, he *is* the biggest threat to my party after all. So I'm guessing I do want Yulie to stall with her doubles and reviving >_>

I fully acknowledge and admit that my team sucks and that I made poor choices though <_<

Yeah *nods* I wouldn't even being putting up a fight/giving it all I've got if weren't for Kanji and Lavitz's speed <_< As it is I think my team gains enough time/turns to work with due to their sluggishness.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 11:44:00 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2009, 07:09:44 PM »
I wouldn't even go as far as to say your team is bad, actually (it's not, really, tons of resources to work with). It just has one very glaring weakness, which is what the opposition -happens- to specialize in: physical blitzes.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2009, 01:28:15 PM »
Yeah, bad draw for them. So it goes.

Found a relatively good visual aid of AI Peppita countering -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAXLdHUC4qA

She does a passable job at least and like I said her AI counter performance can be improved if she doesn't have anything like Kaboom set as short range skills. I stuck her in front a Convictor on my latest Cliff/Maria/Peppita file, then left her alone and she countered just fine. It's not as if allowing Peppita her counters in the DL makes her particularly broken or anything, she still explodes to any good, fast mage w/th magic nukage (not Meru because Meru has to use a turn building SPs but yeah)

Edit: Here's another -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR1fSs70muc

Fayt vs Peppita after the manual Sophia is down. Worth noting that Peppita goes from near half HP and in the yellow danger zone to actually winning that match. Also she loses her X counter to follow up with Kaboom there near the end. As Monkeyfinger verified a long time ago the chaos hit rate on Peppita's O counter is insane ... X counter less so ... but that one after a couple or so uses too. Plus she doesn't have her dances in the game's vs mode and I really think that factoring in Healing Dance/what she has in the actual game/DL w/th that and she really has a fighting chance vs Raven. Or if she scores chaos with her counter and follows it up with Panic Dance chains for constant 5% HP/MP  loss per chaos tick (not that the MP loss part matters here but yeah)

Mrmm I still think we have to take some merit of player skill into account too here. Afterall Peppita isn't the only one in SO3 w/th AI issues :P Some of these things like AI L/R Max Shockwave or Ice Daggers > Mirror Slice the characters won't do consistently in game. Indeed only Maria has what I'd call pretty damn reliable AI (at least once SP is poured in her AI Attack stat)

*continues gnawing away at Snow*
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 10:16:49 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2009, 01:26:17 PM »
So, due to DLCon (and me forgetting to post a warning repeatedly), this has had a slightly extended deadline. As it stands, it'll be closed in about 10 1/2 hours, so get those final votes in, if any~