Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 12~  (Read 4121 times)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 12~
« on: April 04, 2009, 02:03:24 AM »
Alright, Putfile is still undergoing maintenance so we're continuing with the imeem experiment, with one minor change.  Since a lot of these songs are asking to login in order to listen, I made a second imeem account with a 10 minute mail address for y'all to use to listen.  If the link prompts you to login, you can use username "c863880@bsnow.net" and the password "Password".  I'm not sure how well it'll take more than one person being logged in at a time, though, so let me know if you see problems.  Pools 11 and 12 will close at midnight EST on Friday, April 10.

So.  Snowfire apparently had the wrong name for the song he wanted from G3 AND the actual song wasn't on the soundtrack, and the one I thought he was referring to was incorrect, so I've replaced the G3 track in the failure bracket.  I personally think this song's better than the one it's replacing but my taste in music is known to be strange. <_<

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Heartful Cry (Persona 3: The Answer) vs. EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2)
Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) vs. Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2)
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Silent Hill (Silent Hill)
How Long will the Rain Last (Breath of Fire IV) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V)
Wind Scene (Chrono Trigger) vs. Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics)
The House in Dust (Scratches) vs. R&R Junkie (Phantom Brave)
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Duel with Gadwin (Grandia)
Pleather for Breakfast (No More Heroes) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF)

FAILURE BRACKET
In the Sky (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3)

ANIME
My Omelette (Dragon Half) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)
Hemisphere (RahXephon) vs. Rose (Nana)

Full pool download is here: http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=237444528 ...except that I put in an incorrect anime song in the zip file, the correct one can be found at http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=360928045.  I don't have an mp3 for the G3 track, I had to link to an already existing imeem version of that.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 06:03:33 AM by Yakumo »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 12~
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 03:29:32 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
How Long will the Rain Last (Breath of Fire IV) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V)
Wind Scene (Chrono Trigger) vs. Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics)
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Duel with Gadwin (Grandia)
Pleather for Breakfast (No More Heroes) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF)

FAILURE BRACKET
Theme of Grandia 3 (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3)

ANIME
My Omelette (Dragon Half) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 07:25:45 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Heartful Cry (Persona 3: The Answer) vs. EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2)- Mmm.  Like SPHILIA (though I forget how good it was since last year), but Heartful Cry has a similar emotion to it with a bit more energy.

FAILURE BRACKET
Theme of Grandia 3 (Grandia 3)
In the Sky (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3)- *edit* Grandia III OP in place of Theme of Grandia III meant I had to actually listen to bitter dance, rather than just remembering I didn't like it remotely.  It was considerably worse than I remembered it.  I mean, In the Sky is the sort of shit I think of when you call something 'jpop', and Bitter Dance is still worse.  Cripes.

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:31:54 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 08:11:08 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Heartful Cry (Persona 3: The Answer) vs. EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2): Not seeing what's special about Heartful Cry.
Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) vs. Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2): sonic vocals
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Silent Hill (Silent Hill): ...seriously, SH?
Wind Scene (Chrono Trigger) vs. Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics): Is Godlike.
The House in Dust (Scratches) vs. R&R Junkie (Phantom Brave): Walnut is superior.
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Duel with Gadwin (Grandia): Hatbot > aiel.
Pleather for Breakfast (No More Heroes) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF): Is not a mess.

FAILURE BRACKET
Theme of Grandia 3 (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3): You all fail.

SO DANCE

ANIME
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 01:55:14 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Heartful Cry (Persona 3: The Answer) vs. EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2): Not seeing anything special about Heartful Cry.
Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) vs. Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2): Guiding Star needed to not end so abruptly, but at least it's not SONIC ROCK.
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Silent Hill (Silent Hill): Much better at atmosphere, for all that I liked the PSO track as well.
How Long will the Rain Last (Breath of Fire IV) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V): Prettier.
Wind Scene (Chrono Trigger) vs. Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics): Not a fan of Wind Scene.
The House in Dust (Scratches) vs. R&R Junkie (Phantom Brave): Sure, Endorph hype works.
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Duel with Gadwin (Grandia): Eh, sure, it's fun enough.
Pleather for Breakfast (No More Heroes) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF): No More Heroes track was honestly rather annoying.

FAILURE BRACKET
Theme of Grandia 3 (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3): Bitter Dance is at least laughable. EDIT: Changing the G3 song does not change my vote.

ANIME
My Omelette (Dragon Half) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) My Omelette is hilarious, but I'm afraid I can't vote for it over GitS OP music. EDIT: Oh hell with it, I'll go with comic relief, just this once.
Hemisphere (RahXephon) vs. Rose (Nana): Eh, both are decent enough.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:38:27 PM by El Cideon »

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 08:07:47 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET
Theme of Grandia 3 (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3)

ANIME

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 09:59:19 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Heartful Cry (Persona 3: The Answer) vs. EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) - Heartful Cry is good, but I really like Exec_Sphilia.
Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) vs. Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2) - Oh, I remember this song! Very rockin'.
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Silent Hill (Silent Hill) - I actually kinda like the Silent Hill track. Tower of Caelum is pretty good once it gets going, though.

The House in Dust (Scratches) vs. R&R Junkie (Phantom Brave) - There's a game called "Scratches"? Seriously?
Pleather for Breakfast (No More Heroes) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF) - Oh, this is the track that played when you fought Bad Girl, right? That's a good one.

FAILURE BRACKET
Theme of Grandia 3 (Grandia 3) In the Sky (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) - Shut up. Stop singing. Stop singing. Stop singing.
EDIT: Yep, Bitter Dance still sucks more.

ANIME
My Omelette (Dragon Half) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) - "Slaughter" is not a powerful enough word to describe this match.
Hemisphere (RahXephon) vs. Rose (Nana) - This is so not fair. Both of these are champ-powered. Argh.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 06:29:07 AM by Lance »

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 05:26:54 AM »
So.  Snowfire apparently had the wrong name for the song he wanted from G3 AND the actual song wasn't on the soundtrack, and the one I thought he was referring to was incorrect, so I've replaced the G3 track in the failure bracket.  I personally think this song's better than the one it's replacing but my taste in music is known to be strange. <_<

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 06:34:27 AM »
How Long will the Rain Last (Breath of Fire IV) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V)- Needs to hype Onitsuka, one of my four most favorite J Pop singer. Plus, the track fits the game so well.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 05:46:02 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 06:34:48 AM »
Point of order: Neither me nor Djinn ever claimed to have the right name for the G3 opening - hence the "or whatever the opening is called" comment. ;-)

Heartful Cry (Persona 3: The Answer) vs. EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) - Sphilia is extremely excellent, one of the few AT pieces which is awesome with no qualifications.
Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) vs. Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2) - Shockingly enough, I actually liked Live & Learn, at least the first half (it got kinda repetitive after that).  It's still facing Legendia.
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Silent Hill (Silent Hill) - Silent Hill is nice, even if it sounds like the composer liked The Godfather way too much.  Tower of Caelum sounds pretty neat.
How Long will the Rain Last (Breath of Fire IV) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V) - The rain could last awhile.
Wind Scene (Chrono Trigger) vs. Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) - Pianos and violins beat up a cute innocent CT track, news at 11.
The House in Dust (Scratches) vs. R&R Junkie (Phantom Brave) - Intrigued by House in Dust.  R&R is standard Tenpei Sato, which isn't bad, but I've heard it before.
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Duel with Gadwin (Grandia) - Mild antivote, as while Four Kings is undeniably more musically complex and interesting, it feels like a performance piece meant more to show off.  (And also did very well last time.)  Duel with Gadwin is excellent in context and is just fun AND dramatic.
Pleather for Breakfast (No More Heroes) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF) - Points for originality to Pleather, and parts of it are cool, but Intrude is just more fun to listen to.

FAILURE BRACKET
In the Sky (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) - Dumbly likable > Just dumb.  Also, the full version seems to omit the "Ahhh!" screams that graced the original, which is a definite improvement.

ANIME
My Omelette (Dragon Half) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) - Apparently in order to make a musical omelette you need to crush many classical eggs.  I'm sorry, Ode to Joy and friends.
Hemisphere (RahXephon) vs. Rose (Nana) - The full version of both Hemisphere and Inner Universe suffer from the "doesn't translate as well to full length" problem a bit?  They still win, though.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 07:34:03 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Heartful Cry (Persona 3: The Answer) vs. EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) - Yep.

Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) vs. Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2) - Not all that close.

Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Silent Hill (Silent Hill) - Slaughter.

How Long will the Rain Last (Breath of Fire IV) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V) - Both are meh.

Wind Scene (Chrono Trigger) vs. Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) - One-sided.

The House in Dust (Scratches) vs. R&R Junkie (Phantom Brave) - House in Dust is a nice melancholic piece.  Junkie, meanwhile, is not good.

A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Duel with Gadwin (Grandia) - Yep.

Pleather for Breakfast (No More Heroes) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF) - Pleather belongs in the failure bracket.

FAILURE BRACKET
In the Sky (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) - FAILURE CHAMP

ANIME
My Omelette (Dragon Half) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) - Squish.

Hemisphere (RahXephon) vs. Rose (Nana) - Eh.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 03:46:57 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
- Both of these are awesome anyway.

- SONIC VOCALS

- Is awesome.

- Ah, the ending theme.  I'm never sure how I feel on it, but beats out the BoF4 track.

- Could go with either of these really.

- Walnut is inferior.

- Better horn.

- It's a trap!

FAILURE BRACKET
- Ugh.  Bitter Dance would be laughable if the rapper has some fucking rhythm.  As is it's just fucking horrible.  And In the Sky still manages to be worse.  I'm going to go cleanse myself with a bullet to the brain now.

ANIME
- Well that was easy enough.

- Doesn't make my ears bleed.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 01:02:46 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Heartful Cry (Persona 3: The Answer) vs. EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) - Heartful Cry isn't as good as Tallychu hypes it~
Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) vs. Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2) - SONIC VOCALS
Wind Scene (Chrono Trigger) vs. Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) - Both are boring so I will revert to everyone's least favorite category, technical superiority
The House in Dust (Scratches) vs. R&R Junkie (Phantom Brave) - Richard is only PB Walnut
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Duel with Gadwin (Grandia) - This doesn't end well~
Pleather for Breakfast (No More Heroes) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF) - No fair using the awesome boss theme~

FAILURE BRACKET
In the Sky (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) - I would demand a G3OP/Mass Destruction finals in the main bracket, but the other one sounds like Richard rapping

ANIME
My Omelette (Dragon Half) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) - More omelettes
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 04:03:05 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 08:05:19 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Heartful Cry (Persona 3: The Answer) vs. EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) - Maybe it's just that I've played AT between now and then, but I like AT music more then I used to.
Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) vs. Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2) - Guiding Star's not bad, but Live & Learn is pretty good.
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Silent Hill (Silent Hill) - Too much buildup, but at least delivers something afterwards. Silent Hill is just kinda there.
How Long will the Rain Last (Breath of Fire IV) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V) - Lyrics in japaneese continue to lose my interest.
Wind Scene (Chrono Trigger) vs. Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) - Forgot the latter was playing for a moment, moved on.
The House in Dust (Scratches) vs. R&R Junkie (Phantom Brave) - Does something.
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Duel with Gadwin (Grandia) - Gadwin isn't bad, just outclassed here.
Pleather for Breakfast (No More Heroes) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF) - Less all over the place. Moving is good, not being sure what the hell is going on with this song is not.

FAILURE BRACKET
In the Sky (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) - First, I don't see anything wrong with the Grandia song. Secondly...holy crap Bitter Dance is bad. It's like it's trying to be three songs at once and none of them are good. >_<

ANIME
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 12:30:47 PM »
Listened specifically to Guiding Star so I could vote on that match...

Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) vs. Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2) - Uhm, what? Guiding Star's not bad, and that's complimenting it. Live & Learn has the perfect balance of optimism, rock & cheese. No idea how what is essentially generic-Soul-Calibur-style is beating it. :/

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 04:05:10 AM »

My Omelette (Dragon Half) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) - Inner Universe is godly.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 07:04:50 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Heartful Cry (Persona 3: The Answer) vs. EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) - Gust does good music.
Guiding Star (Tales of Legendia) vs. Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2) - That is the best Sonic Song I have ever heard, and I do not think it likely I shall ever hear a better one.  And it is getting curb stomped here.
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Silent Hill (Silent Hill) - The cut here seems a bit abrupt.  Though, still better than the competition.
How Long will the Rain Last (Breath of Fire IV) vs. Castle Imitation (Breath of Fire V) - Meh
Wind Scene (Chrono Trigger) vs. Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) - Hmm...  I know which one I like more, but here's to old friends and long ago memories.
The House in Dust (Scratches) vs. R&R Junkie (Phantom Brave) - Beautiful piano FTW
A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) vs. Duel with Gadwin (Grandia) - Gadwin feels like good WA music.
Pleather for Breakfast (No More Heroes) vs. Intrude upon Happiness, Plunder the Future (Wild ARMs XF) - Not incoherant noise.

FAILURE BRACKET
In the Sky (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) - This should have been the finals.

ANIME
My Omelette (Dragon Half) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) - Yoko Kanno?  Yes please.
Hemisphere (RahXephon) vs. Rose (Nana) - Pretty simple.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 10:52:33 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 01:10:31 AM »
Quick reminder that pools 11 and 12 close in a little over 24 hours, at midnight EST tomorrow!  Get your votes in now!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 01:52:45 AM »
Heartful Cry - Yeah, there's nothing special about it at all, but SPHILIA returns as one of my least favourite tracks in the contest. Awful vocals and it takes too long to get going. Hate AT music so much.

How Long Will the Rain Last - Hi there J-Pop~ But fortunately, this vote shall not need be an anti-vote, because hey, Rain is actually pretty damn good. Sets a very effective tone, conveying the sense of complete hopelessness and pointlessness the BoF4 party goes through at the start of Chapter 2.

Wing Scene - Rune of Punishment isn't an especially good S4 track, while Wind Song is very memorable and an effective scene-setter. I'm reminded that CT was certainly one of Mitsuda's better game OSTs. EDIT: Wait, ST version? Time to download that. RE-EDIT: It's not different enough to switch my vote.

Four Kings Battle - It's a shame, because Duel with Gadwin is the only bright point of the terrible Grandia 1 soundtrack. But against one of the big bad RSMS boss tracks, it has no chance.

Intrude Upon Happiness - This is my kind of boss theme, for sure. Go forth and conquer!

In the Sky - I bet if its lyrics were sung by a girlish J-pop singer the DL would love it. <_< But yeah, it's not an especially good track, though I don't... really get the greater hate. On the other hand, Bitter Dance makes me smile. It's hilarious. WORK THAT BODY, WORK THAT BODY, MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HURT NOBODY.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:58:27 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 02:24:56 AM »
In the Sky - I bet if its lyrics were sung by a girlish J-pop singer the DL would love it. <_<

It... IS sung by a girlish J-pop singer.

And please, the DL is more against J-pop than for, on average.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 03:12:37 AM »
Which is why I'm seeing 2-3 J-Pop songs per pool despite the fact they make up like 1-2% of game OSTs tops.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 03:19:01 AM »
Which is why I'm seeing 2-3 J-Pop songs per pool despite the fact they make up like 1-2% of game OSTs tops.

They're evil and catchy?  They also stand out more.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 03:32:52 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) vs. Silent Hill (Silent Hill)- Not close.
Wind Scene (Chrono Trigger) vs.Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics)- Not one of the better out of game songs for CT's OST.
The House in Dust (Scratches) vs. R&R Junkie (Phantom Brave)- Tonfa shamefully and wrongly hyping Walnut. This is a new turn of events. Really.

FAILURE BRACKET
In the Sky (Grandia 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3)- Is completely and utterly awful. InS is also really bad. I'd vote for In the sky it didn't feel like I was voting for it just because it reminded me of G3 and how much I hate that game. Shut up Alfina.

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 12:16:13 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...