Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 7~  (Read 4370 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 7~
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 09:49:14 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Power of the Horde (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne) vs. The Mysterious Crystal Valley (Atelier Iris 3)
- Well I guess Power of the Horde was amusing at least.

Puzzle (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Ukishima (Phantasy Star Universe)
- I dunno, Ukishima feels like it's missing something.

Flying Man (Earthbound) vs. Silver Sands (Aka)
- Slaughtertastic.

Green Streets (May Sky) vs. The Meaning of Birth (Tales of the Abyss)
- Oooh, close one.

Way to Fall (Metal Gear Solid 3) vs. Tocatta into Blood Soaked Darkness (Castlevania: Curse of Darkness)
- ugh vs. ...ooh that actually got good after awhile.

Windward Birds (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Burn my Dread (Persona 3)
- Windward Birds rules.

Bramble Blast (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Her Cage (Kanon)
- Her Cage is good, but... Bramble Blast

Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2)
- Sure.

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)
- Garnet's Theme isn't fail.  FFTA synth is... a special blend of fail.

ANIME
Karasu's Theme (Noein) vs. Life Goes On (Antique Bakery)
- Good vs. not.

Guns & Roses (Baccano) vs. Hey You! (Tokyo Underground)
- Doesn't hurt my ears.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 02:26:16 AM by Talaysen »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 09:50:39 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Power of the Horde (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne) vs. The Mysterious Crystal Valley (Atelier Iris 3): .........
Puzzle (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Ukishima (Phantasy Star Universe): Sure, I'll go with quirky upbeat over my nom today. Good match.
Flying Man (Earthbound) vs. Silver Sands (Aka): Ah, back to non-closeness.
Green Streets (May Sky) vs. The Meaning of Birth (Tales of the Abyss): Ayup~
Way to Fall (Metal Gear Solid 3) vs. Tocatta into Blood Soaked Darkness (Castlevania: Curse of Darkness)
Windward Birds (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Burn my Dread (Persona 3): Needs more bread.
Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2): Bizarre AT2 choice, but the ToL track is utterly forgettable.

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance): Garnet's Theme isn't exactly inspiring but it's not failure eiejtdsjgkljg my ears are melting why did I open the FFTA one again

ANIME
Karasu's Theme (Noein) vs. Life Goes On (Antique Bakery): Generic to the max beats actively annoying.
Guns & Roses (Baccano) vs. Hey You! (Tokyo Underground): Here's hoping pool 8 squashes this pack.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 10:15:31 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Power of the Horde (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne) vs. The Mysterious Crystal Valley (Atelier Iris 3): At first, Power of the Horde was just generic rock. Then the singing started. Then I laughed. Failure bracket material.
Puzzle (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Ukishima (Phantasy Star Universe): Puzzle's rather grating.
Flying Man (Earthbound) vs. Silver Sands (Aka): Earthbound music? Really?
Green Streets (May Sky) vs. The Meaning of Birth (Tales of the Abyss): This pool is so lopsided and most of the winners aren't even that great. Sad. Well, okay, Green Streets doesn't annoy me like the previous three matches' losers do. It sounds like it was recorded in someone's living room, though.
Way to Fall (Metal Gear Solid 3) vs. Tocatta into Blood Soaked Darkness (Castlevania: Curse of Darkness): Ah, this is better (both of them, though it feels like my liking Way to Fall depends heavily on liking the game so much). Anyway, Tocatta seems to be the sort of thing Castlevania games do a lot, but better than usual in this case.
Windward Birds (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Burn my Dread (Persona 3): P3 track not named Battle for Everyone's Souls vs. Something Else.
Bramble Blast (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Her Cage (Kanon): More energy, I guess.
Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2): Both are decent, just not really digging the whole Gust chirp-singing thing right now.

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance): Garnet's Theme is a big pile of mush that doesn't go anywhere. Gathering Allies is that plus GBA synth.

ANIME
Karasu's Theme (Noein) vs. Life Goes On (Antique Bakery): Operatic drama vs. some synthetic glop. Easy.
Guns & Roses (Baccano) vs. Hey You! (Tokyo Underground): Isn't really my style, but at least it's different.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 10:32:52 PM »
Pool 6 now has company in the corner of the room with the dunce cap.  Except...  Pool 6 still had more genuinely great songs.  Meaning of Birth is the only top-flight song here, though Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock and Toccata into Blood Soaked Darkness are also quality.  And okay, maybe Green Streets, Flower Sights, and Karasu's Theme have things to recommend them as well.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Power of the Horde (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne) vs. The Mysterious Crystal Valley (Atelier Iris 3) - Power was somewhat amusing to listen to....  once.  Good cheese is fun to listen to many times.  (Though WC3 had some a few good pieces of campaign music.)  Crystal Valley is only okay.
Puzzle (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Ukishima (Phantasy Star Universe) - I guess?
Flying Man (Earthbound) vs. Silver Sands (Aka) - A bye for Sands.
Green Streets (May Sky) vs. The Meaning of Birth (Tales of the Abyss) - Green Streets is pretty, but tough matchup.  Also: Wikipedia doesn't have an entry for May Sky, and "May Sky" "Green Streets" is a Googlewhack with only 1 (irrelevant) result.  Just how obscure is this game?  Or is this a variant translation?
Way to Fall (Metal Gear Solid 3) vs. Toccata into Blood Soaked Darkness (Castlevania: Curse of Darkness) - I was hoping the MGS3 track would be the hilariously cheesy "Snake Eater" intro, which would probably have beaten Toccata.  Sadly WTF is trolling tier to me.  (Also, "there's a hole within my throat" is way funnier than "my soul.")
Windward Birds (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Burn my Dread (Persona 3) - I don't know.
Bramble Blast (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Her Cage (Kanon) - I have no idea.
Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2) - Tales of Legendia rides again.  Though Flower Sights is also nice, if short.

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) - I like Garnet's Theme!  And Allies is okay.  But yeah, there are some instrumentation issues and annoying background to the FFTA version of this song, making it menu music means it gets overexposed, and it's worse as a stand-alone piece of music.  The FFTA2 version sounds better, at least, even if it's the same song.

ANIME
Karasu's Theme (Noein) vs. Life Goes On (Antique Bakery) - I guess Life Goes On would be okay to play at the dance club, but Karasu is pretty good. 
Guns & Roses (Baccano) vs. Hey You! (Tokyo Underground) - The short tv-opening version is better of G&R - it gets to the point, while the long version is more like what a jazz band plays to burn time while waiting for the event to start.  Still good, though.  Hey You had a promising start...  and then the singer entered.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 10:39:43 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Power of the Horde (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne) vs. The Mysterious Crystal Valley (Atelier Iris 3)
Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2)

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)

ANIME

Bardiche

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Bramble Blast (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Her Cage (Kanon) - this is a videogame? ohwhateveritsoundsbetter
Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2) - I may hate Ar Tonelico as a game series but I sure do love me the music!

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:53:42 PM by Bardiche »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 10:49:32 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Power of the Horde (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne) vs. The Mysterious Crystal Valley (Atelier Iris 3) - Cheesy goodness vs. something that is utterly meh.  Pretty lol trolling here but eh.

Puzzle (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Ukishima (Phantasy Star Universe) - Puzzle is just sorta there.

Flying Man (Earthbound) vs. Silver Sands (Aka) - Earthbound music belongs in the failure bracket.

Green Streets (May Sky) vs. The Meaning of Birth (Tales of the Abyss) - Pretty~.  Meaning of Birth is good, too, but still, pretty~.

Way to Fall (Metal Gear Solid 3) vs. Tocatta into Blood Soaked Darkness (Castlevania: Curse of Darkness) - Mmmm... yes, this works.

Windward Birds (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Burn my Dread (Persona 3) - Too many WA vocal tracks in this thing, and none of them are that good.  That said, Burn my Dread burns with epic fail.

Bramble Blast (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Her Cage (Kanon) - Pretty~

Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2) - Eh.

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) - Meh.  Burn my Dread fails harder than either of these.  GBA synth makes Gathering Allies more of a failure than Garnet, but again, meh.

ANIME
Karasu's Theme (Noein) vs. Life Goes On (Antique Bakery) - Life Goes On outstayed its welcome as soon as it started.  That takes effort, man.

Guns & Roses (Baccano) vs. Hey You! (Tokyo Underground) - Yep.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:51:35 PM by Random Consonant »

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 11:14:41 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 11:36:51 PM »
Green Streets (May Sky) vs. The Meaning of Birth (Tales of the Abyss) - Green Streets is pretty, but tough matchup.  Also: Wikipedia doesn't have an entry for May Sky, and "May Sky" "Green Streets" is a Googlewhack with only 1 (irrelevant) result.  Just how obscure is this game?  Or is this a variant translation?

Quite obscure, mostly.  It is a fan-translated short visual novel, translated close to the end of last year.  http://altogether.insani.org/2008/5.html if you want a little more information on it.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 02:26:59 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Guns & Roses (Baccano) vs. Hey You! (Tokyo Underground): And for whatever reason here's the video that inspired me to watch the series in the first place.  Audio quality is the thing of nightmares though, so turn down your sound if you care.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 04:59:38 AM by Fudozukushi »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 03:02:38 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Green Streets (May Sky) vs. The Meaning of Birth (Tales of the Abyss)- I... think.
Windward Birds (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Burn my Dread (Persona 3)- No matter what version of Burn my Dread, Windward Bird's is superior.
Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2)- I guess.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 03:29:07 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 10:08:29 AM »
Power of the Horde (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne) vs. The Mysterious Crystal Valley (Atelier Iris 3) - Not a huge fan, but it's better than Crystal Valley.
Puzzle (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Ukishima (Phantasy Star Universe) - Meh.
Flying Man (Earthbound) vs. Silver Sands (Aka) - Not Earthbound.
Green Streets (May Sky) vs. The Meaning of Birth (Tales of the Abyss) - Pretty pianos are pretty.  Also, both of these would trounce any of the first six.
Way to Fall (Metal Gear Solid 3) vs. Tocatta into Blood Soaked Darkness (Castlevania: Curse of Darkness) - Huh, I think I prefer the one sided slaughters to come in the earlier rounds, instead of either letting trash like the firt six through, or having to cull good stuff like this before its time.
Windward Birds (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Burn my Dread (Persona 3) - Now here's an honest to goodness one sided slaughter.
Bramble Blast (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Her Cage (Kanon) - Match of meh, so picking the one from a game I know.
Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2) - Eh, it's alright.

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) - Those flutes did start to get on my nerves.

ANIME
Karasu's Theme (Noein) vs. Life Goes On (Antique Bakery) - Doesn't sound very antique, but it did grow on me.
Guns & Roses (Baccano) vs. Hey You! (Tokyo Underground) - Sure, this works.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 03:34:45 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Power of the Horde (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne) vs. The Mysterious Crystal Valley (Atelier Iris 3) - Doesn't make my ears hurt.
Puzzle (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Ukishima (Phantasy Star Universe) - Oooooh, I like Ukishima. That's definitely a keeper.
Flying Man (Earthbound) vs. Silver Sands (Aka) - Life is but a moment, a single grain of sand...that slips right through the hourglass and slips right through your hand....
Green Streets (May Sky) vs. The Meaning of Birth (Tales of the Abyss) - Green Streets is more background muzak than anything, but Meaning of Birth is...well, I don't like it. Never have.

Way to Fall (Metal Gear Solid 3) vs. Tocatta into Blood Soaked Darkness (Castlevania: Curse of Darkness) - Close one. Very close. I think I'll stick with my nom cuz I'm selfish like that.
Windward Birds (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Burn my Dread (Persona 3) - Not in a bread-burning mood at the moment.
Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2) - I can't decide whether I like Flower Sights or not. I do know that I like the ToL track, so I guess I'll just stick with that.

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) - Garnet's Theme isn't that bad.

ANIME
Karasu's Theme (Noein) vs. Life Goes On (Antique Bakery) - This..."Antique Bakery" makes me wants to watch it due entirely to its unusual name.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 04:43:08 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Power of the Horde (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne) vs. The Mysterious Crystal Valley (Atelier Iris 3)- Not as awful.
Puzzle (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Ukishima (Phantasy Star Universe)- I hate hate HATE puzzle music. The PSU track is the first non complete failure bait track I've heard in this round, and I've already voted on the failure bracket as of this vote.
Flying Man (Earthbound) vs. Silver Sands (Aka)- Silver Sands is decent. EB is EB.
Green Streets (May Sky) vs. The Meaning of Birth (Tales of the Abyss)- Not big into meaning of birth, but green streets is boring.
Way to Fall (Metal Gear Solid 3) vs. Tocatta into Blood Soaked Darkness (Castlevania: Curse of Darkness)- Way to Fall? Excellent but still edged out by one of my all time favorite Castlevania themes. (Good nom Lance, shoot the bot for pairing these up while Crystal Valley/Horde fail it up at the top of the bracket)
Windward Birds (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Burn my Dread (Persona 3)- I really hate WA vocals.
Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2)- The singer can feel free to hit puberty and come back and attempt to sing the AT2 song.

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)- ............I like Garnet's theme. Was -not- expecting that.

ANIME
Karasu's Theme (Noein) vs. Life Goes On (Antique Bakery)- Life goes on defies mere commentary about how bad it is.
Guns & Roses (Baccano) vs. Hey You! (Tokyo Underground
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 04:46:08 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 06:18:27 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Windward Birds (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. Burn my Dread (Persona 3) - I will BURN MY DREAD~!
Bramble Blast (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Her Cage (Kanon) - Less Ko

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 07:22:01 AM »
It appears I've ran out of time on the last one, so I guess I'll do this one instead.

Power of the Horde vs. The Mysterious Crystal Valley - Both need gone, really. Just Horde needs it so much more.
Puzzle vs. Ukishima - Both decent. Uki seems to have a somewhat better atmosphere.
Flying Man vs. Silver Sands - Not Earthbound seems a reasonable enough reason.
Green Streets vs. The Meaning of Birth - Another pair of nice tracks. And I'm in the mood for faster pacing.
Way to Fall vs. Tocatta into Blood Soaked Darkness - Fall belongs in failure.
Windward Birds vs. Burn my Dread - All Persona songs regarding burning something belong in Eternal Failure.
Bramble Blast vs. Her Cage - Not Donkey Kong.
Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ - Does not contain bad singing.

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme vs. Gathering Allies - I am uncertain as to what is supposed to be bad about Garnet's Theme. I can see Gathering being disliked however despite it having a certain charm to it.

ANIME
Karasu's Theme vs. Life Goes On - Karasu is nice, but it doesn't seem like the sort of thing you'd want to listen to in large quantities. Life on the other hand isn't the sort of thing you'd want to listen to at all.
Guns & Roses vs. Hey You! - Don't really care for either of these. Hey is the least objectionable.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 04:08:16 AM »
This is your slightly more than 24 hour warning, pools 7 and 8 close at midnight EST Sunday, April 5!  Vote now if you haven't already!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 05:46:18 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) - Garnet is more boring than actively bad.

ANIME

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 07:51:35 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Power of the Horde (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne) vs. The Mysterious Crystal Valley (Atelier Iris 3) - I remembered that Warcraft song being better than it is.
Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2) - This was a tough one

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) - More of a hardware limitation really, Allies could be better if it had more to work with.

ANIME
Karasu's Theme (Noein) vs. Life Goes On (Antique Bakery) starts off a little jarring but its pretty good once you get into it

MC50

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 10:47:41 PM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 04:55:20 AM »

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) - I have bad memories of going through all the menus in FFTA.

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 08:03:26 AM »
Results!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Power of the Horde (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne) [4] vs. The Mysterious Crystal Valley (Atelier Iris 3) [13]
Puzzle (Wild ARMs: ACF) [7] vs. Ukishima (Phantasy Star Universe) [10]
Flying Man (Earthbound) [zero] vs. Silver Sands (Aka) [16]
Green Streets (May Sky) [6] vs. The Meaning of Birth (Tales of the Abyss) [12]
Way to Fall (Metal Gear Solid 3) [3] vs. Tocatta into Blood Soaked Darkness (Castlevania: Curse of Darkness) [14]
Windward Birds (Wild ARMs: ACF) [11] vs. Burn my Dread (Persona 3)  [6]
Bramble Blast (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) [8, tiebreak by Trance] vs. Her Cage (Kanon) [8]
Advancing Toward 12 O'Clock (Tales of Legendia) [12] vs. Flower Sights ~Actual~ (Ar Tonelico 2) [6]

FAILURE BRACKET
Garnet's Theme (Final Fantasy IX) [2] vs. Gathering Allies (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) [14]

ANIME
Karasu's Theme (Noein) [13] vs. Life Goes On (Antique Bakery) [3]
Guns & Roses (Baccano) [12] vs. Hey You! (Tokyo Underground) [5]