Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 8~  (Read 4899 times)

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 8~
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 10:53:42 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Tor (Iji) vs. Song of the Gentle Breeze (Ar Tonelico): Tor seems like it wants to go somewhere cool, then it doesn't. Oh well. Then again...I guess it's decent enough. EDIT: Ah, the vocal version was nommed. Much better~
Aldehyde Castle Town (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. The Shell's Desert - Last Boss (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4)
Marionette Messiah (Super Robot Wars Original Generations) vs. Augustrian Disturbance (Fire Emblem 4)
Evil Queen (Rhapsody) vs. Last Castle (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)
Long Dream (The World Ends With You) vs. A Moment's Joy (Breath of Fire V)
Alice (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Small Two of Pieces ~Broken Shards~ (Xenogears)
Red Wings (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG)
Beauty and the Shining Sword (Wild ARMs XF) vs. Toward a Faraway Sky (Skygunner)

FAILURE BRACKET
Menu (Legend of Dragoon) vs. Key to my Heart (Tales of Destiny 2)

ANIME
Zetsubou Billy (Death Note) vs. Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru (Sayonora Zetsubou Sensei): So one of the DN earbleeders made it in, eh?
Oblivious (Kara no Kyoukai) vs. Blast My Desire (Initial D Fourth Stage): I change my opinion of these tracks daily, this is how it goes now. Why couldn't one of these sub for one in the upper pair?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 01:12:56 AM by Tonfa »
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:25:36 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Tor (Iji) vs. Song of the Gentle Breeze (Ar Tonelico): Fuck off and die in a ditch filled with rusty needles, Hatbot. Either one of these would top anything in pool seven. Anyway, hyping one of the few AT tracks to really nail the whole minstrel thing.
Aldehyde Castle Town (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. The Shell's Desert - Last Boss (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4): WA track just sounds like Naruke was on autopilot that day.
Marionette Messiah (Super Robot Wars Original Generations) vs. Augustrian Disturbance (Fire Emblem 4): Awesome vs. average.
Evil Queen (Rhapsody) vs. Last Castle (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest): Lyrics proved greatly amusing. It's enough.
Long Dream (The World Ends With You) vs. A Moment's Joy (Breath of Fire V): One of my favorite boss themes, will take a lot to beat it.
Alice (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Small Two of Pieces ~Broken Shards~ (Xenogears): Eh. Alice is nice and all, but it's hard to respect another version of a previous game's song over a decent vocal track.
Red Wings (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG): Always thought Uematsu produced some nice compositions for FFIV in spite of the primitive synth.
Beauty and the Shining Sword (Wild ARMs XF) vs. Toward a Faraway Sky (Skygunner): Eh. They're both okay.

FAILURE BRACKET
Menu (Legend of Dragoon) vs. Key to my Heart (Tales of Destiny 2): Ugh. On the one hand, Key to my Heart is a big ol' pile of sludge. It's like reheated nineties soft rock. On the other hand, the LoD composer just picked out two chords and said, "NO MORE."

ANIME
Zetsubou Billy (Death Note) vs. Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru (Sayonora Zetsubou Sensei): Somewhat less obnoxious. Really hate all the screaming in the Death Note song.
Oblivious (Kara no Kyoukai) vs. Blast My Desire (Initial D Fourth Stage): EDIT. You know, I've actually come back and listened to this a couple more times. I may not like parts of it, but the chorus has just got itself lodged in my head and it won't leave. So points for being memorable, at least.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 04:31:16 AM by El Cideon »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:35:36 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Tor (Iji) vs. Song of the Gentle Breeze (Ar Tonelico)
Aldehyde Castle Town (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. The Shell's Desert - Last Boss (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4)
Marionette Messiah (Super Robot Wars Original Generations) vs. Augustrian Disturbance (Fire Emblem 4)
Alice (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Small Two of Pieces ~Broken Shards~ (Xenogears)
Beauty and the Shining Sword (Wild ARMs XF) vs. Toward a Faraway Sky (Skygunner)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Zetsubou Billy (Death Note) vs. Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru (Sayonora Zetsubou Sensei)
Oblivious (Kara no Kyoukai) vs. Blast My Desire (Initial D Fourth Stage)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 11:36:34 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Tor (Iji) vs. Song of the Gentle Breeze (Ar Tonelico) - Dammit stop putting up the wrong tracks.  Anyways, pretty~, even if the vocals could use some work.

Aldehyde Castle Town (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. The Shell's Desert - Last Boss (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) - Desert has some parts that are just ear-splittingly awful and just sorta drags.  Castle Town's a pile of meh but still.

Marionette Messiah (Super Robot Wars Original Generations) vs. Augustrian Disturbance (Fire Emblem 4) - Mmmm... delicious Marionette Messiah.  Disturbance starts off nice but then has to go veer off into meh territory.

Evil Queen (Rhapsody) vs. Last Castle (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) - God shut up Marjoly.

Long Dream (The World Ends With You) vs. A Moment's Joy (Breath of Fire V) - Not overly impressive, but Long Dream is not at all to my liking.

Alice (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Small Two of Pieces ~Broken Shards~ (Xenogears) - Didn't this get in already?  At any rate, music box tunes are no better when they are set to lame vocal ending tracks.

Red Wings (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG) - Yep.

Beauty and the Shining Sword (Wild ARMs XF) vs. Toward a Faraway Sky (Skygunner) - I... guess?

FAILURE BRACKET
Menu (Legend of Dragoon) vs. Key to my Heart (Tales of Destiny 2) - LoD's menu theme is looping obnoxious failure, yeah, but it's more or less white noise.  KtmH makes me physically ill.

ANIME
Zetsubou Billy (Death Note) vs. Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru (Sayonora Zetsubou Sensei) - I see that despair is a theme for this match, which is appropriate, because that is what this match leaves me in.

Oblivious (Kara no Kyoukai) vs. Blast My Desire (Initial D Fourth Stage) - Blast My Desire is than what I was expecting from Initial D, but it's not quite enough here.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 01:18:06 AM by Random Consonant »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:41:30 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Marionette Messiah (Super Robot Wars Original Generations) vs. Augustrian Disturbance (Fire Emblem 4)- FE4 track was pretty neat.  But uh yeah tough draw.
Alice (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Small Two of Pieces ~Broken Shards~ (Xenogears)- [20:16] <CmdrKing> And Alice is just so much more immediately emotional and armor-piercing sadness, but Small Two of Pieces is more musically satisfying and plays a lot of emotions at once and ;_;
Red Wings (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG)- mmmm.  Maybe Marionette Messiah just put me in a wierd mood, but the SMRPG's track's... perkiness is really working for me.
Beauty and the Shining Sword (Wild ARMs XF) vs. Toward a Faraway Sky (Skygunner)- Mmm.  XF track has some classic Wild ARMs-isms to it, but feels like it should have more energy than it does.  Opponent has an ethereal quality that's nice.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Zetsubou Billy (Death Note) vs. Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru (Sayonora Zetsubou Sensei)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 02:30:29 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 12:52:56 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Tor (Iji) vs. Song of the Gentle Breeze (Ar Tonelico)  EDIT: Argh, much closer now.  Gonna let my vote stand for the time being.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 01:45:59 AM by Unoriginal »

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 01:04:24 AM »
MOD NOTE:  El Cideon has informed me that once again a song he nommed had two versions with the exact same name and I managed to pick the wrong one.  Again.  Fixing the link for Song of the Gentle Breeze, votes for this match prior to this point will once again be nulled if you don't mention that you've seen this post.  Feel free to edit it into your existing post though.

Bardiche

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 02:05:17 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Alice (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Small Two of Pieces ~Broken Shards~ (Xenogears) - YEP.

FAILURE BRACKET
Menu (Legend of Dragoon) vs. Key to my Heart (Tales of Destiny 2) - I actually *like* Key to My Heart. Now if only it were in English.

ANIME - doing these later

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 02:07:34 AM »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 03:47:05 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
- Ugh screw you Hatbot this is unfair.

- I happen to like it okay.

- FE4 song was better than most FE music.  Not enough.

- FFMQ has some badass music.

- I wish I had more long dreams.

- Small Two of Pieces is beautiful.

- Boring airships vs. KILLER MUSHROOMS.  The choice is obvious.

- Oooh, nice.

FAILURE BRACKET
- ...champ.

ANIME
I'm in despair!  JUST AS PLANNED has left me in despair!

- Easy enough.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:12:41 AM by Talaysen »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 04:20:19 AM »

FAILURE BRACKET
Menu (Legend of Dragoon) vs. Key to my Heart (Tales of Destiny 2): DIE.

ANIME
Oblivious (Kara no Kyoukai) vs. Blast My Desire (Initial D Fourth Stage): Everywhere I go.....

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »
Aldehyde Castle Town (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. The Shell's Desert - Last Boss (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4)- Both good, but going with the one I nommed.
Alice (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Small Two of Pieces ~Broken Shards~ (Xenogears)- Fuck you Hatbot.

FAILURE BRACKET
Menu (Legend of Dragoon) vs. Key to my Heart (Tales of Destiny 2)-...Oh fuck. I hate Menu so much. I hate how it interrupts better songs whenever you open it. I would have easily voted it champ based on solely on the extreme in game hatred. But...I can't...sadly.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 01:16:59 AM »
The theme of pool 8 seems more "trainwreck" than "fail."  Oh, Small Two of Pieces, please don't crush everything else TOO badly.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Tor (Iji) vs. Song of the Gentle Breeze (Ar Tonelico) - Gentle Breeze is passable.  Tor...  I dunno, not seeing the hype?  Could be sound quality issues.
Aldehyde Castle Town (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. The Shell's Desert - Last Boss (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) - Shell's Desert is weird and repetitive, but cool!  But Aldehyde is pretty good for town music, too.  I like both.
Marionette Messiah (Super Robot Wars Original Generations) vs. Augustrian Disturbance (Fire Emblem 4) - Disturbance is short but good.  Messiah didn't do it for me.
Evil Queen (Rhapsody) vs. Last Castle (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) - Um.  idk.  Not actually a fan of Last Castle's music, and not really secure enough in my masculinity to vote for a Rhapsody track.  I'll just pretend I didn't see this match.
Long Dream (The World Ends With You) vs. A Moment's Joy (Breath of Fire V) - Long Dream = just no.  
Alice (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Small Two of Pieces ~Broken Shards~ (Xenogears) - I love both versions of Alice, but the SH1 version is better stand-alone.  Small Two of Pieces, despite the nonsensical title and overdone sax solo, is still really awesome.
Red Wings (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG) - Red Wings is pretty cool.
Beauty and the Shining Sword (Wild ARMs XF) vs. Toward a Faraway Sky (Skygunner) - Blah.  It feels like they included too many loops of Beauty and the Shining Sword?  Not sure I can hold that against the piece that the mp3 version loops too long.  I have no idea what to think of Faraway Sky - it sounds like something I should like, except that I didn't, at least on my first listen?  Um.  I'm shaking my head again.

FAILURE BRACKET
Menu (Legend of Dragoon) vs. Key to my Heart (Tales of Destiny 2) - Ah, now we're getting to the good failures, like the colorless interrupting LoD Me- WAIT WHAT'S THIS NOOOOOOOOO

ANIME
Zetsubou Billy (Death Note) vs. Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru (Sayonora Zetsubou Sensei) - Can they both lose?  The singers to both of these songs will be executed when I am king.  Hito Toshite would theoretically be good if they didn't use the aggressive "I hate you" singer, though?  On the other hand, towards the end of Billy it did authentically rock a bit.  Again if you ignored the voices.  Man, they should have had the Key to my Heart singer do the voices for these, at least then they'd be hilarious.
Oblivious (Kara no Kyoukai) vs. Blast My Desire (Initial D Fourth Stage) - Yay, some quality to wash out the bad taste from above!

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 04:42:32 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Tor (Iji) vs. Song of the Gentle Breeze (Ar Tonelico) - Tor might not go anywhere, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the most awesome pointless songs I've heard in a while. I dig it.
Evil Queen (Rhapsody) vs. Last Castle (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) - Evil Queen isn't in the failure bracket...why, exactly?

Alice (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Small Two of Pieces ~Broken Shards~ (Xenogears) - Small Two Pieces is everything I like about the Xenogears soundtrack.
Beauty and the Shining Sword (Wild ARMs XF) vs. Toward a Faraway Sky (Skygunner) - Toward a Faraway Sky knows when to stop.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Zetsubou Billy (Death Note) vs. Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru (Sayonora Zetsubou Sensei) - This match makes me want to boot a baby penguin.
Oblivious (Kara no Kyoukai) vs. Blast My Desire (Initial D Fourth Stage) - First anime music battle of the season that has made me really sit here and ponder. I can easily see both tracks winning this whole thing.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 12:04:51 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Tor (Iji) vs. Song of the Gentle Breeze (Ar Tonelico) - Might have been different if the lyrics were English.  Then again, given some lyrics, maybe not.
Aldehyde Castle Town (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. The Shell's Desert - Last Boss (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4) - Not a big fan of the Town music, even less of a fan of the other stuff.
Marionette Messiah (Super Robot Wars Original Generations) vs. Augustrian Disturbance (Fire Emblem 4) - Yeah, not close.
Evil Queen (Rhapsody) vs. Last Castle (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) - Even less close
Long Dream (The World Ends With You) vs. A Moment's Joy (Breath of Fire V) - Again, no strong comments.
Alice (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Small Two of Pieces ~Broken Shards~ (Xenogears) - I like Alice.  But I like soTP more.
Red Wings (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG) - There are no winners.  >_>
Beauty and the Shining Sword (Wild ARMs XF) vs. Toward a Faraway Sky (Skygunner) - The XF piece ran on a little too long.

FAILURE BRACKET
Menu (Legend of Dragoon) vs. Key to my Heart (Tales of Destiny 2) - The sole benefit of having listened to this is that I don't think I need to listen to it again.  Also, it took me a while, but I kept my comp from suiciding over having to play this.  I'll need to make it up to it later.

ANIME
Zetsubou Billy (Death Note) vs. Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru (Sayonora Zetsubou Sensei) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpkDeuueYU8
Oblivious (Kara no Kyoukai) vs. Blast My Desire (Initial D Fourth Stage) - Hmm, the first one makes me think of Mai Hime, but not as good.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 02:40:25 PM »
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms - I saw this match and figured "okay, at least this one won't be close". And then it is. DL is a strange place, sometimes. Well, Red Wings isn't bad (especially when they take out the weak opening in the final dungeon version), I guess, but Mushrooms is one of the best things to come out of SNES synth.

Also WTF at people penalising a track for looping too many times. Pretty sure this is "music as it appears in games" instead of "music as it appears on the OST". It certainly should be!

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 12:02:25 AM »
Also WTF at people penalising a track for looping too many times. Pretty sure this is "music as it appears in games" instead of "music as it appears on the OST". It certainly should be!

In a perfect world, it would be...but this is not a perfect world. Not everyone here has played all the games that the music comes from. Hell, I haven't played at least 2/3 of the games represented in this pool. If I'm voting on a track from a game I haven't played, I have no way of knowing how well it works in-game because I haven't played the game. In such cases, voting for a track as it appears in the OST is good enough.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 12:55:12 AM »
You can still ignore how many times a track loops.  You don't need to play the game to do that.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 05:33:19 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Tor (Iji) vs. Song of the Gentle Breeze (Ar Tonelico)- The bad AT vocals (Almost all of them) rival XS3 for things that need to be removed from the universe as soon as possible.
Aldehyde Castle Town (Wild ARMs: ACF) vs. The Shell's Desert - Last Boss (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4)- PS track is a bit of a clunker.
Marionette Messiah (Super Robot Wars Original Generations) vs. Augustrian Disturbance (Fire Emblem 4)- Rest later.
Evil Queen (Rhapsody) vs. Last Castle (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)- Sure, I'll bite.
Long Dream (The World Ends With You) vs. A Moment's Joy (Breath of Fire V)- I have less than no reason for liking this track, but I do.
Alice (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs. Small Two of Pieces ~Broken Shards~ (Xenogears)- When in doubt, vote against XG music and kick the nearest XG fan. *Kicks Cmdr*
Red Wings (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG)- Awesome versus don't like.
Beauty and the Shining Sword (Wild ARMs XF) vs. Toward a Faraway Sky (Skygunner)- Don't care about either, but the votes against Shining sword annoy me.

FAILURE BRACKET
Menu (Legend of Dragoon) vs. Key to my Heart (Tales of Destiny 2)- I want to spend a good thousand words dissecting how bad parts of key to my heart are, but then I remember just how obnoxious LoD menu music is, and how it reminds me of LoD. KtmH isn't that horrid.

ANIME
Zetsubou Billy (Death Note) vs. Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru (Sayonora Zetsubou Sensei)- Less bad.
Oblivious (Kara no Kyoukai) vs. Blast My Desire (Initial D Fourth Stage)- Both of these are good tracks. Mental note, stick both on my playlist, and set fire to Death note fans.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:26:24 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 04:08:36 AM »
This is your slightly more than 24 hour warning, pools 7 and 8 close at midnight EST Sunday, April 5!  Vote now if you haven't already!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 05:58:21 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Tor (Iji) vs. Song of the Gentle Breeze (Ar Tonelico) - Sounds like it's missing something without the sounds of the battle mixing in with it, but still good enough here.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 06:34:59 AM »
You can still ignore how many times a track loops.  You don't need to play the game to do that.

I was originally going to post a snide response to this, but I thought better of it. How about this: I vote for the tracks I like better while you vote for the tracks you like better. I follow my preferred criteria while you follow your preferred criteria. Okay? Okay.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »
Tor vs. Song of the Gentle Breeze - I think that 'jarring' suffices for descriptive purposes for Tor. Gentle's music is no prize either. But at least Gentle has decent singing. And they're both too long.
Aldehyde Castle Town vs. The Shell's Desert - Last Boss - These are both nice, but Last is better. Albiet too long.
Marionette Messiah vs. Agustrian Disturbance - Bad luck for Agusty, even though that particular Marionette didn't show up for the battle. Although I will be saddened if I find out that they horrifically massacred it when I get the chance for all that the chance of this is low.
Evil Queen vs. Last Castle - I have to say. Queen is pretty amusing. I have to say. Why is it up against a MIDI knockoff of Last Castle (in the RAR, anyway. Not sure what's up on putfile.)? I've put an actual copy up at http://twilkitri.fewiki.net/stuff/24%20-%20Last%20Castle.mp3 for anyone that wants that. Also I'm voting for it. Shameless MQ fanboy and all that.
Long Dream vs. A Moment's Joy - The amount of votes against Long Dream saddens and confuses me. And Long Dream is pretty much the paramount track in TWEWY so it makes me fret for any other tracks that get in. Alarmingly, Moment isn't brain-crushingly horrible like BoF5 music in general, for all that it sounds like something from Fire Emblem. Still not on Powerplant's level, and nowhere near Dream's.
Alice vs. Small Two of Pieces ~Broken Shards~ - I like Alice. It's incredibly sparse, but manages to be likable anyway. Nice. But Small Two is awesome and far and away the best track in XG with the possible exception of Star Of Tears which wasn't eligible.
Red Wings vs. Beware the Forest Mushrooms - Er, I guess Red Wings works, but it's not what I'd call a blazing example of awesome. That said Forest is even less of what I'd call that. Wings it is.
Beauty and the Shining Sword vs. Toward a Faraway Sky - I just can't bring myself to care for Faraway's song for some reason.

FAILURE BRACKET
Menu vs. Key to my Heart - I don't understand the dislike for Menu? Seems decent enough for menu music to me. I don't think I hate this song, but I can easily see people doing so.

ANIME
Zetsubou Billy vs. Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru - Billy is too hard and fail. I don't care much for the track with the gibberish name either. Lucky break for it then.
Oblivious vs. Blast My Desire - Er. Oblivious is a better track in general, but Blast's groove is calling to me. I guess I'll go with it and see where it goes.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »
Ehh, not voting on the matches (not gonna listen to all the songs now) but I'm just gonna defend my nom slightly. (Or more, argue ignorance.)
Full version > short version. Guess I shoulda considered that it would only be the anime version for Zetsubou Billy and not the version that's, y'know, good. (Plus, MtH are awesome and I've seen them live & met them. Personal bias ftw.)