Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 5~  (Read 3711 times)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 5~
« on: March 28, 2009, 05:35:42 AM »
Time again for more musical mayhem, featuring the first appearance of the only song to be nommed to both the main and failure tournaments. <_<  Pools five and six will close at midnight EST on Friday, April 3. 

Note: The link for Anu Orta Veniya has been modified to the version of the song El Cid actually meant to nom.  This was put up after Tonfa's vote, so anyone who voted earlier may want to take another look at this song.  I apologize for the error. 

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice)
Terra (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII)
Heaven (Persona 4) vs. The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana)
Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs. Island Fortress (Suikoden)
Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64) vs. The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
Aspiration (Xenogears) vs. Eternity (Blue Dragon)
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. Aim for the Top (Tales of Vesperia)
Gathering of Warriors (Suikoden) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile)

FAILURE BRACKET
Cleyra Settlement (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3)

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Free Bird (Haibane Renmei)
Smile Again (Aria the NATURAL) vs. Yasashi Yoake (.hack//SIGN)

This pool's music can be downloaded at http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=301141499
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 02:51:12 AM by Yakumo »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 5~
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:52:49 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice)
Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs. Island Fortress (Suikoden): The new Anu Orta Veniya gets the vote.
Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64) vs. The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. Aim for the Top (Tales of Vesperia): Something about Aim for the Top seems off.

FAILURE BRACKET
Cleyra Settlement (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3): Neither of these are really failure....

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Free Bird (Haibane Renmei)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:02:15 AM by Fudozukushi »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 07:25:57 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice) - One of the better parts of ToS's soundtrack vs. tension music.  Decent tension music, for sure, but it's hard for that genre to really get awesome.
Terra (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) - Oh good match.  I like the FF6 overworld a lot, but sound quality and sheer epicness tip this one, though.
Heaven (Persona 4) vs. The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) - Heaven is nothing special.  Excitement is another quality track from the LoM soundtrack.
Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs. Island Fortress (Suikoden) - I like the orchestration and some of the technical merit to Anu Orta Veniya...  but I can't help but feel it's a bit boring?  Island Fortress does what it sets out to quite well, though.  I feel nervous about this though, will have to give Anu another listen, it did seem to improve toward the end.  (Edit: Yes, I listened to the vocal version, and though the singing style is potentially grating...  on second though I think I will change my vote after all.  More complex, worth a few hearings.)
Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64) vs. The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - The Fate is a little overexposed but still completely awesome.  Checking last time...  ah, it lost to Idola: The Strange Fruits in round 5, though I voted for the Fate there.
Aspiration (Xenogears) vs. Eternity (Blue Dragon) - RAISE BURN-ING THROUGH THE CLOUDS, DOWN FROM THE SKY!   UP ABOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. Aim for the Top (Tales of Vesperia) - Eh, Aim for the Top doesn't really do it for me, though it's passable.  Going for the organ.
Gathering of Warriors (Suikoden) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile) -  Somewhat like The Fate, tempted to anti-vote due to doing quite well last time, but not with this kind of quality difference.

FAILURE BRACKET
Cleyra Settlement (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Cleyra is annoyingly twee.  Three of Darkside isn't bad - much like Dark World, it's creepy atmospheric background, which has its place, though it might be too understated for its own good.

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Free Bird (Haibane Renmei) - This is actually a mildly close match.  At least if Free Bird had kept up its pretty momentum towards the end in its full version.  And while In the Land of Twilight isn't quite my favorite track from .hack, it is still really good as...  music to go insane to, I guess.  (Checking..  nah, nobody nommed .hack's key of the twilight, which would be extremely godlike in my estimation.)
Smile Again (Aria the NATURAL) vs. Yasashi Yoake (.hack//SIGN) - This match however is not close - Yasashi Yoake is better than Twilight, and Free Bird better than Smile Again.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:51:34 PM by SnowFire »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 07:28:01 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice) - Last Battle is mediocre, but Suspense fails hard.

Terra (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) - Hey, FF8 music I can actually stand!  Pity it's up against something I actually like rather than find merely tolerable.

Heaven (Persona 4) vs. The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) - LoM music > mehish vocal tracks as a general rule.

Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs. Island Fortress (Suikoden) - Man, you really should have stuck with the instrumental version.  I mean, the vocal version still wins, but it's quite a nose dive in terms of quality.

Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64) vs. The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Fairly close, actually, and both were enjoyable, just thought Amaryllis came off somewhat stronger.

Aspiration (Xenogears) vs. Eternity (Blue Dragon) - Aspiration is technically okay, but it's not the most interesting of tracks.  Eternity is cheese, but hey, I'll go with amusement value here.  Which ever wins is probably going to get crushed next round anyways, so not like I care.

Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. Aim for the Top (Tales of Vesperia) - Not the most interesting of tracks, but it's up against what I can only assume to be Generic Tales Random Battle Theme #371, which pretty much gives Far Cry a win by default.

Gathering of Warriors (Suikoden) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile) - First Unison skirts "bad as possible without making me want to turn it off in disgust" territory.  Gathering of Warriors isn't all that impressive, but it'll do here.

FAILURE BRACKET
Cleyra Settlement (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) - As much as I hate SD3 "music", Darkside works pretty well.  It's not great or anything, but it beats a good deal of the shit that came from the game.  Cleyra Settlement, meanwhile, is pretty much where I define tracks that are as bad as possible while not making me want to turn it off in disgust, so I suppose it fails more here.

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Free Bird (Haibane Renmei) - Yep.

Smile Again (Aria the NATURAL) vs. Yasashi Yoake (.hack//SIGN) - I... guess?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 07:52:51 PM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 09:53:25 AM »
Terra - Liberi Fatali's okay, but too epic-sounding for me I guess. Terra is just really memorable and really quality, LF can't capture the same magic.

The First Unison - Kicks ass. VP has some of the best dungeon themes around, and First Unison may be the best of the bunch. Suikoden music I have less good to say about.

Cleyra Settlement - Neither's failure to me, but I actively like Darkside. It works very well atmospherically, and I can dig understated originality.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 12:14:32 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice): Seconding Snowfire.
Terra (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII): Poignant character theme > melodramatic overtures, even for the Cid.
Heaven (Persona 4) vs. The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana): SO hey Dhyer Heaven for champ, eh?
Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs. Island Fortress (Suikoden): Bah, I meant to nom the vocal version of this track. Oh well, still beats most Suikoden music.
Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64) vs. The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts: Covenant): Mario music versus something awesome.
Aspiration (Xenogears) vs. Eternity (Blue Dragon): Eternity is the wrong kind of cheese. I hate the vocals.
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. Aim for the Top (Tales of Vesperia): It's just more my kind of music.
Gathering of Warriors (Suikoden) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile): More Random Suikoden Music versus Something Awesome.

FAILURE BRACKET
Cleyra Settlement (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3): Cleyra Settlement at least tries to have a tune. Three of Darkside is just a steady drumbeat with the occasional bass note. Maybe it works in-game, but I don't know anything about the game and the song's just boring to me.

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Free Bird (Haibane Renmei): I have no choice. That said: god dammit, Hatbot.
Smile Again (Aria the NATURAL) vs. Yasashi Yoake (.hack//SIGN): Not hard.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 04:10:26 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs. Island Fortress (Suikoden) Listened to new version. Vote still stands.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:40:08 PM by dude789 »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 05:29:35 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice): So the ToS track is incredibly boring, let's see the ot- what, why
Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs. Island Fortress (Suikoden): Close. Former obviously tries more but Island Fortress just is more enjoyable. EDIT: And now it doesn't even try that much I guess.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Free Bird (Haibane Renmei): Simple, //sign music is badass.
Smile Again (Aria the NATURAL) vs. Yasashi Yoake (.hack//SIGN): NOT FAIR. Uh...basing this pick on the basis of which track I get tired of less easily, I suppose.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:21:38 PM by Tonfa »
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »
El Cid has informed me that he had intended a different version of Anu Orta Veniya be used, while I work on tracking down a full copy of the song here's a small clip I've found for it. 

Anu Orta Veniya

EDIT: The track has been fixed in the original post.  All votes for that match up to this point will be nulled.  If you have already voted, please note that you have seen this post or your vote for that match will be void.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:19:57 PM by Yakumo »

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 07:22:59 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 07:48:44 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. Aim for the Top (Tales of Vesperia)- I guess?  Not really huge favorites either way.
Gathering of Warriors (Suikoden) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile)- Oh, warrior village theme.  It's catchy, First unison does the same thing better I think.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:56:13 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 08:56:08 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

- ... can I just vote for both of these and none of the ones in the previous match?

- I like the middle part of Heaven but the beginning can go die.  LoM track's not that great but it's decent enough.

- Anu Orta Veniya singer needs to learn to figure out what notes she's trying to hit and stay on them.  Well, it gets better later on but the beginning needs to die in a fire.  Island Fortress is decent but it's like four measures long so gets boring.  Mrf.

- Both of these are awesome, but I think I like Dire, Dire Docks better.

- Pretty > Cheese

- Err, yeah.  Aim for the Top is boring.

- Apathy.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
- Hm.  Like both of these but let's go with this.

- Easy enough.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 11:47:57 PM by Talaysen »

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 11:04:19 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice) - Not horribly repetitive.
Terra (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) - And I call myself a Terra fanboy. Shameful.
Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs. Island Fortress (Suikoden) - Kind of up and down in places, but Island Fortress is nothing special.

Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64) vs. The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Dire Dire Rocks gives Cluster Amaryllis a run for its money, but...nah.
Aspiration (Xenogears) vs. Eternity (Blue Dragon) - Ugh. Eternity really ought to be in the Failure bracket.

FAILURE BRACKET
Cleyra Settlement (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Although neither track is all that bad.

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Free Bird (Haibane Renmei) - .hack sure does have some good music.
Smile Again (Aria the NATURAL) vs. Yasashi Yoake (.hack//SIGN) - See above.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 09:13:32 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice) - No love for Thrill Theme on its own.
Terra (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) - Better game.
Heaven (Persona 4) vs. The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) - Eh, better track, though not all that special from this game.
Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs. Island Fortress (Suikoden)  - I want to stay at the Y! M! C! A!  Yeah down at the Y! M! C! A!  Cause there's dice games to play, and where all the stars stay, Why there's nowhere I'd rather be, than down at the Y! M! C! A!
Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64) vs. The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Don't care much for either of them.
Aspiration (Xenogears) vs. Eternity (Blue Dragon) - I like Aspiration, but Eternity just appeals too much to me.
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. Aim for the Top (Tales of Vesperia) - Title makes me think of trivia and Trebek, oddly enough.  But the answers are in the form of an answer.
Gathering of Warriors (Suikoden) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile) - Yeah, this works.

FAILURE BRACKET
Cleyra Settlement (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Eh, neither of these are really failures.

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Free Bird (Haibane Renmei) - Freebird doesn't do much for me.
Smile Again (Aria the NATURAL) vs. Yasashi Yoake (.hack//SIGN) - Don't like Smile much.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 06:06:58 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice)- Antivoting Last battle.
Terra (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII)- Terra's one of my favorite world map themes. It's extremely evokative of the World of Balance and flows well. It however is up against the best track in FF8, and one that's vastly different from the normal video game music style. I dig.
Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs. Island Fortress (Suikoden)-  Oooh, I remember Island Fortress. I really like it.
Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64) vs. The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- Voting for the underdog here.
Aspiration (Xenogears) vs. Eternity (Blue Dragon)- Decent versus DBZ.
Gathering of Warriors (Suikoden) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile)- The loop's a little annoying ,but sure I'll bite.

FAILURE BRACKET
Cleyra Settlement (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3)- Belongs in the fail bracket.

ANIME
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 08:28:36 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice) - While Thrill Theme is awesome in game, it really doesn't work on it's own, like others have said.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Smile Again (Aria the NATURAL) vs. Yasashi Yoake (.hack//SIGN) - I love the .hack//SIGN soundtrack

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 08:55:25 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice)- And Last Battle is supposed to be the better part of ToS's soundtrack. Fail.
Terra (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII)- Something about LF didn't always fully sync up to me. The changes the song goes through are too abrupt.
Heaven (Persona 4) vs. The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana)- Mehhhh to both of these.

FAILURE BRACKET
Cleyra Settlement (Final Fantasy IX) vs. Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3)- No vote here, but the one I know isn't even that bad.
...into the nightfall.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 12:12:50 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN)
vs. Free Bird (Haibane Renmei)

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 02:40:02 PM »
Can't check songs on the computer I'm using now, so can only vote on ones where I know both of the songs. :(

Terra (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) - Both are good, but the better sound quality wins this match.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 01:13:15 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice) - Why the thrill theme, no one cares about that~
Terra (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) - Liberi Fatali is boring~
Heaven (Persona 4) vs. The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) - Once again I am the only person who likes something, yay~
Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64) vs. The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Mario music~

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 05:38:33 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 04:50:34 PM »
Last Battle ~Decision~ vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ - It takes more than a fast beat to thrill me.
Terra vs. Liberi Fatali - Interesting match of two substandard games with each have some nice tracks despite this. However Liberi is not one of them.
Heaven vs. The Excitement of Both of Us - Well, Heaven has a nice beat. But I really don't think much of the singer's voice. Excitement is no prize either, but it doesn't have that voice.
Anu Orta Veniya vs. Island Fortress - I cannot forgive horrible tribal singing.
Dire, Dire Docks vs. The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis - The heck sort of sadist renominated Cluster... Docks is completely not what I was expecting for Mario.
Aspiration vs. Eternity - Much more pleasant.
Far Cry vs. Aim for the Top - Well, Far Cry just further supports my belief that Electric Power Station is the only good music in BoF5. Aim has a nice sort of freneticness going for it.
Gathering of Warriors vs. The First Unison - Gathering is... passable, but it's not a track that makes any pretence at being especially good. First Unison does.

FAILURE BRACKET
Cleyra Settlement vs. Three of Darkside - Is it even fair to allow HSL3 tracks into this bracket.

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon vs. Free Bird - Both of these are decent. I think Free is a bit more pleasant.
Smile Again vs. Yasashi Yoake - Both decent enough again. Let's go with this one.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 06:02:10 PM »
Putfile and the download site both refuse to work for me, just getting in some quick votes here before these close.

MAIN TOURNAMENT

Terra (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) - No freakin contest.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 10:05:40 PM »
This is your 7 hour warning, pools 5 and 6 will close at Midnight EST tonight!

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 03:54:16 AM »
1 hour left to vote...no problem.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 06:39:34 AM »
Results!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) [16] vs. Thrill Theme ~Suspense~ (Apollo Justice) [2]
Terra (Final Fantasy VI) [10] vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) [10, tiebreak by Ciato]
Heaven (Persona 4) [3] vs. The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) [14]
Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) [11] vs. Island Fortress (Suikoden) [5]
Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64) [4] vs. The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) [14]
Aspiration (Xenogears) [12] vs. Eternity (Blue Dragon) [5]
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) [12] vs. Aim for the Top (Tales of Vesperia) [6]
Gathering of Warriors (Suikoden) [3] vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile) [16]

FAILURE BRACKET
Cleyra Settlement (Final Fantasy IX) [5] vs. Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) [8]

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) [10] vs. Free Bird (Haibane Renmei) [4]
Smile Again (Aria the NATURAL) [1] vs. Yasashi Yoake (.hack//SIGN) [13]